Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 08:03:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 11

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 11  (Read 212 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: November 01, 2016, 01:43:23 pm »

The visitors to the FFW YouTube page find the latest edition of After Shock posted, and immediately hit the play button. There they find the Atlantic Ocean not too far in the distance, and Zack Hudson along with Jo McFarlane sitting outside on a bench at the pier.

Zack: Hello there, everyone! Welcome to the latest edition of After Shock, where we preview the upcoming Future Shock and talk about the news coming out of FFW’s not so little brand anymore. We are one day removed from the final Future Shock Pay Per View of 2016, Resistance, where no shortage of news was made. We’re here at the Providence Piers, you can see the Atlantic behind us there.

Jo: You can say that again! Men competing on Future Shock, Global Wars still invaded, Future Shock Cup, Future Shock Championship….Whooooooo, the list goes on! Not even sure where to start, to be honest.

Zack: We’re gonna hit the high points here, or low depending on perspective. I think we can all agree the biggest news was that Mallory Bennett dethroned Isis Morales for the Future Shock Championship in the main event. After hitting her finisher three times to make sure Isis was down, we crowned a new champion. And per Adam, Isis will not get a rematch.

Jo: That was the absolute best thing about the entire night. Pretty sure my opinion of Isis is documented, but not the point. She doesn’t need that belt anymore. She is bigger than it, much as I hate to admit it. Mallory deserves that belt after everything she’s been through, and after what she put herself through to get it. Almost feels a little like a new era for Future Shock since she won’t be getting her rematch.

Zack: Congratulations to the new champion, I am positive we’ll be seeing Mallory on the next show as I assume she’ll have plenty to talk about. She should be proud of herself, I know Caroline was watching her. But as with any title, the hunter becomes the hunted. Two challengers staked their claim at a shot that same night. Let’s start with the Future Shock Cup that saw Cereza overcome Sienna Moore in a side of her unlike anything we’ve seen since she joined.

Jo: Sienna’s always been a bit...strange. Not in the sense that she’s never been liked, but definitely in her tactics. So what happened with Cereza, the toothpicks and everything else, I’m not totally sure I expected to see anything like that. It’s a really ballsy move, regardless of who or how. Especially to that vein. Ahem, that’s the biologist in me coming out. Regardless, Cereza overcame that and won the Future Shock Cup, even if the cup itself needs some repair work done to it.

Zack: I have a feeling we haven’t seen the last of this between them, that was only the beginning. Jo, I called the whole thing so I’m going to let you fill everyone in regarding the Falls Count Anywhere match at Resistance between co-holder of the Unity Championship Andi Takata and Bianca Salvador.

Jo groans.

Jo: Oh my God, this match. Like...fuck. So Freya, who became referee, got involved after Mel and Bianca successfully let off a trap for Andi behind the curtain. Which ended in Mel being taken away by security. Much as I appreciate that, and am grateful for it...what was security doing in a Falls Count Anywhere match? No disqualifications and all that. Anyway. Andi is the biggest goldbrick artist you’ve ever seen, letting everyone think she fell five flights of stairs. I know yours and Caroline’s hearts were both in your mouths seeing that, and mine was too. She survived though, that’s the main thing. Felt a bit like Hardcore War actually. Then somewhere in there, they decided they wanted to top a falls count anywhere from ye old days of FFW and used a men’s room. And a match from ye old days involved Amy getting her head smashed against a tampon machine in the ladies’ room. Which was my wallpaper on my laptop for years. Ahem.

The redhead grins.

Jo: Throw in a smashed mirrors, a surprisingly unsmashed sink and it turns out that Bianca and Mallory are destined to never, ever stop facing each other.

Zack: Pretty well summarized. Andi informed me later it took her a minute to get both hands on that handrail when she went over. But yes, now we have Cereza & Bianca lined up for Mallory’s new title. Since you did so well with that, enlighten our viewers who didn’t order Resistance for whatever reason about the first mixed tag match in Future Shock between Linda Ragnal and Harley Shannon against Ji-Hu Myeong of Aspire Ring fame and Max Sato….apparently who is man candy.

Jo: Fucking Max Sato. The best way of summing that up, honestly. Max, apparently, was there purely for the sake of numbers. He spent most of the match begging to be tagged to do something stupid, like one move or spit in Linda’s face. If you want to explain what the point of that was, you’re doing better than me at this point. So that was a thing, so was various karate poses that have nothing to do with wrestling. But hey. And apparently we win tag matches by using ring bells these days...and that was the second time in the show that was a thing too. Except Max just kinda started whacking people with it. Was lucky not to get disqualified.

Zack: We also saw Gillie Barnes get some payback in her win over “Diamond” Kat. Sophia Pike was victorious in a No DQ match with Angelina Fantastica. And Missy made her Future Shock in-ring debut coming very close to knocking off the returning Sunny, who was aided more than a little by Qilin. Anything in those that stood out for you in particular?

Jo: A couple of things. One of them was the handshake between Gillie and Kat. I’d been in training with Gillie on and off in the last little while and after hearing everything I did, it was more than slightly surprising. Wrestling, guys! Wrestling. Ahem. So there was that and April Evans appearing to save Missy. I don’t mean that as in I was surprised that someone came out to help, but the fact it was April. April was, in her last run, pretty apathetic about everything unless it was a direct insult to her. Seems that’s changed, but it still stood out in any case.

Zack: We should also note that the second graduate was decided by the fans, and a big congratulations go out to Kassidy! She will be moving up to the FFW main roster, bringing her...well exceptionally high energy to an even bigger battlefield.

Jo: Kassidy was in the previous poll and came up short against Lily-Rose. Many congrats to Kass, well earned indeed. I actually voted for her last poll, too. She’s got a lot to offer to the main roster, and I’ll be glad to see her live to the potential there too.

Zack: I also want to mention a couple video packages we saw from the…”Future Shock Savior.” This kinda reminded me of your sister, Valerie, several years ago. But these seemed to up the obnoxious factor a little. I don’t know who it is or what Future Shock needs saving from, but worthy of mention.

Jo: Yeah that was my thought the whole time I saw those as well. Wondering what my sister was doing on Future Shock when she doesn’t qualify. Also the fact that the last time anyone tried a saviour thing in FFW, it fell totally flat, wasn’t worth it and ended badly...though part of that was Valerie then getting pregnant with Gabriel so there’s that contributing to it, too.

Zack: Maybe we’ll find out more in the coming weeks. Let’s turn our attention to the upcoming eleventh edition as Future Shock returns to the Center in Los Angeles. Adam gave our Twitter fans the chance to pick the main event for this show. And they choose a hell of a match! Anna Giovanna made her intentions known at Resistance, and she’ll meet Valentina one on one in the main event, as selected by you, the Future Shock fans!

Jo: There’s this thing about Anna being the saltiest or something like that, but you ever feel like it’s actually Valentina who takes that award, if you want to call it that? I mean, sure, Anna has a bit of a thing going on but Valentina just...you wanna drench her with water sometimes. Or all the time, take your pick. But yeah, that match is a thing and it’s fucking awesome. Valentina and Isis have it coming thanks to Anna and I can’t wait to see it, even if there is a great level of bias towards the fact I enjoy seeing Valentina’s head being kicked in.

Zack: There is also going to be a Resistance rematch. Missy challenged Sunny on Twitter the day after Resistance, and it was accepted. So next Future Shock, those two will meet again and Adam has told Missy she can bring a second for the night to keep Qilin at bay. Missy has informed that she will do that very thing, but we don’t know who. I just know it is not someone currently in either FFW or Future Shock, so I’ll be curious to find out when we get back to the Center that night.

Jo: She definitely has a point in bringing someone in to keep things even. Could also be argued that she has an advantage going in as we don’t know who her enforcer, bodyguard, whatever is going to be.

Zack: I’m looking forward to finding out. We’ll also have the return of a fan favorite challenge. We’re going back to the track for a go-kart race. Our fans seem to really enjoy this challenge a great deal, so it’ll be 3 laps around the track. You’ll see Freya Kane, Carmen Gutierrez, the debuting Alicia Garland, Katie Day, and well….Sienna Moore.

Jo: The go-kart race is always fun. No exceptions to this that I know of. We know Freya quite well, same goes for Katie - who I imagine will be very disappointed a not getting up this time - and Sienna, for better or worse. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen Carmen. And Alicia...well, we know she has a bit of wrestling background, and I've seen her training with Valerie, but she seems to...lost control of herself sometimes, and I’m not quite sure why.

Zack: The next time Future Shock returns to Pay Per View will be February 11th from the DCU Center in Worcester, Massachusetts! One match that has already been signed for that show is going to be Sunny meeting April Evans one on one. And given how they keep getting into each other’s business, this one creates tremendous interest for me.

Jo: As well it should. There’s been a marked change in April since she came back, and it can only be for the better. And Sunny...well, she just keeps being the Game Changer. Between now and February, it’s going to be a long, winding road to watch. And a lot of fun, I imagine.

Zack: Also signed for that show, we will see O.E. Ayano, who we heard at Resistance, that wasn’t happy about not getting the call up by the fans. She made particular mention that she was sick of the alumni. So come Future Shock Whiplash, O.E. Ayano will be going one on one with Andi Takata for the first time ever!

Jo: That’s a match made in hell right there, and I’m not really sure who it’ll be hell for! Can’t get any worse than what happened to Andi on Saturday, but at the same time, O.E is definitely pissy and I can’t say I blame her. I would have been too...hell, I was when I got knocked out of my season first. But for O.E., there’s a small problem of a very, very talented Andi who wants to prove that she’s deserving of her allowance at being here, and to make O.E remember that she’s a three time main roster champion.

Zack: All that and no telling what else will go down when Future Shock returns on November 15th back in Los Angeles. Make sure you join us, and stay tuned as we find out more and more about what Adam has in mind for Whiplash in February. We’ll see you there.

The camera drifts to the current from the Atlantic before the video ends.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: