Femme Fatale Wrestling
April 19, 2024, 09:13:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

What Now?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Now?  (Read 113 times)
Nevaeh
Femme Fatale
Main Eventer

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« on: April 17, 2017, 12:43:17 am »

What Now?

(Off-Camera)

4/10/17
Los Angeles, California
11:36 am

(Our scene opens up with a wide view of three women currently occupying a room.  The first we see is the FFW Champion herself, Nevaeh Summers sitting on a loveseat. Nevaeh is dressed in sweatpants and a Steph Stefano “Poisoned Apple” tee.

Next to her on the couch sat Steph Stefano texting away with a focused look on her face. Steph herself wore long workout shorts not unlike the wrestling gear she often came to the ring in, with red on black trim and humorously, a Nevaeh Summers “Feast Your Eyes” tee that seemed to have been faded from many a wash.

The last woman we saw was Ember Carmichael, who was slowly pacing back and forth a tad dressed up compared to usual. Straight legged khaki slacks, button up white blouse with the top couple buttons undone, her hair tightly tied back...she was all business. A busy work day ahead it seemed, but there were more pressing matters before the job. A troubling matter for sure.

Nevaeh alternated looking at both women. She had just gotten done telling them about the new security system Silas had ordered to be put into their home and neither was pleased with it. Steph said she was going to text her assistant Irina to try and find out as much as she could about the stuff put in. Or atleast as much as Nevaeh could remember. It was quite the work that was put in and trying to keep up with what was put inside and outside was a chore. If that house wasn’t a prison before it was now with the surveillance and laser wires and cameras. It was more stress Nevaeh didn't need with the shit she has going on professionally.

She also happens to still be sporting bruises on her neck and nose from what happened with Eileen Amaro. They were healing, but the marks were still showing. Nevaeh was thankful for that, as well as Steph coming to get her today. Silas wasn’t in a giving mood lately, not with Relentless and the beating he took. But now with the news that he was gonna be hung above the ring on April 27th as Nevaeh defended her title against Caroline Dallins he was even more salty

That news wasn’t great for Nevaeh either. Defending her title was always a huge concern for her. She loved it, being the Champion of FFW was a thrill. It also validated that she was the end all, be all in the company. She was the top woman now, it was all her. But this past match Eileen really did a number on her. And now she had to get back in the ring with Caroline?

It was a thought she was dreading the moment she found out she would have to defend her title at Madison Square Garden. Of all the people she could of been booked to fight they picked Caroline?! It was infuriating to Nevaeh. She had to fight Caroline right after that war with Eileen? It was bad enough fighting one, but now both?

Oh how it be so nice Nevaeh thought if she could just take a long hit of weed right now, but her and Ivy still hadn’t been able to meet up since the fashion show. Once they did Nevaeh still had to explain somethings, but hopefully they’d be able to work things out..and smoke...Nevaeh really did want to smoke. It make all of this easier to deal with

Nevaeh sat there, starting to show more concern than she already was. Her title reign was in dangerous having to face Caroline and she knew it. But thankfully she had time to still get ready for it. Silas was gonna train her hard regardless, but thankfully she had Steph and Ember here to give her a reprieve now and then from it.

Nevaeh was dressed in her clothing as this was to be another of her and Steph’s “training days”, or atleast that’s what Silas was told. Steph had to scmooze him some to get him feeling better and relent to letting Nevaeh out. Once they got here to Ember’s home it was to try and figure out a new way of attack..hopefully.

Nevaeh just kept looking at them each in their own state of mind. Both showing concern, showing they cared. Nevaeh sat there trying to find the right words to break this prolonged silence they were going through. The thing was she was having trouble with that. This wasn’t the easiest issue to discuss, much less how their plan backfired. Yet Nevaeh couldn’t just keep sitting here like this)

”So...umm...someone say something please? Don’t leave me sitting here like this. I..I can’t handle that right now.”

(The light buzzing of a phone vibrating cut the silence once again as Steph checked on her phone. The pair of emerald eyes began to quietly scale a text message, her thumb running down the message and scrolling down farther... Farther. The face of the brunette’s turned slightly long as though she were reading something that seemed far from good news. She shook her head in silence and muttered something to herself before she lifted her phone up and began to text in response.

Her thumb flicked on the ‘send’ button and waited. Waiting.... Waiting.... Always with the waiting seemingly but Irina seemed to be quicker on the uptake or ready for the answer because not but ten grueling seconds later she got another response as Steph read along, sucking her teeth gently and nodding.)

”According to Irina, she wants to know who installed the stuff Silas called in. She says it’s unlike any legitimate security she’s ever seen. Frontpoint, Scout, ADT, Abode. There’s nothing on the American market like what he’s packing. She says it reminds her more of some black market stuff she’s seen in the past.”

(Nevaeh sat there stunned to be hearing Steph rattle all of this off. Black market? She tried to come over that stunning news and remind herself of what the company name was. It took her a moment till he came back to her)

”It was Redex Home Security I believe. Does she really think it was a black market sort of thing? They had all those vans and workers and such. It seemed so legitimate. I mean shit with all the stuff they installed it felt like it was professional as it got.”  

(Ember remained quiet as she continued to pace about the room, never stopping. It was almost like a physical representation of the good Doctor’s mind racing about, never stopping from one moment to the next as she processed everything that was being said about Silas, Nev, and the entire issue. And how it was so close to being over, and now was looking worse and worse. Steph turned her phone off, as though she were taking up the rest of the explanation herself, about the nature of black market security items.)

”Because they are legitimate. Professional even. There’s nothing that should be doubted about that. It just so happens that the same legitimacy they have and even provided was likely built on offering the same tech to old crime lords, mafioso, you know it; you name it. The best assumption is that they’re handing over to and putting in place the same stuff that kept some contents for some mob family afloat for years.”

(Nevaehs jaw nearly hit the floor as she kept hearing what Steph was saying. It was scary to her. All of this was going on right in front of her? Did Silas and Ernie know it? Nevaeh didn't know what to think or how to react to this)

”Seriously? It’s that deep and bad? Steph I..I had to do promotional work for that company as a way to get them to lower their price. My name is now linked to them. You’re telling me I’m linked to the mob now? That’s what you’re saying right now?”

Steph looked at her with an eyebrow raised and gently shook her head, holding her hands up as though telling the champion to calm down slightly.

”You are not linked to any mob now, Nevaeh. All... All... Calm down. All I said was that they probably used to either sell their tech or let their tech originally be tested by the the criminal underworld. That means there’s going to be a different sort of make and focus. Sensitive information you don’t want to get out. Particular rooms that no one can come in or get out without you knowing about it. That sort of thing. If you were to check out Redex nowadays or whoever they are, there’s probably not a single droplet of blood on their hands and I’m sure even government agencies probably use them for that reason all the same. If you’re going to sell to the criminal element, you’d sell it to the highest tier of the federal law as well..”

(Nevaeh took a breath, though all of this still sounded very strange to her.)

”Ok..ok. Good to know. I just got really scared there when you mentioned mob. But there still not on the up and up is what you’re saying. Shady shit. This..fuck me. Why does this have to happen to me? Why am I still stuck in all of this? Why...how do you know about companies being linked to the mob Steph? Like with your business is that a frequent thing?”

(That seemed to dawn on Nevaeh as she kept processing what was going on. The brunette looked silently back at Nevaeh with an eyebrow quirked upward very gently. She didn’t look as though she was offended, nor that she was admitting to anything or that she might have been caught off guard. If there was anything to do with her and mobs, she had a complete poker face about it, playing the saint so to speak.

”It isn’t an uncommon thing. One just can’t be too careful. How did you come in contact with the company anyway?”

(Steph deflected Nevaeh’s question with ease, but with a gentle touch. The blonde didn't push the issue further, this was one of her closest friends, there was no need to. Nevaeh took her word for it, after all Steph’s business was her own and she was sure everything was under control. She took a breath and then answered the question posed to her)

”I didn’t. It was Silas who wanted security after the break in. And who does he enlist to help him find it? Ernie, the fucker who ruined our plan to begin with. He actually asked him for help. Not only that it was Ernie who came up with the idea for me to do photos and videos for the company.”

(Finally Ember stopped her pacing, arms still crossed as if glued in place. The tall doctor let out a long breath and for the first time didn’t look at either women, though it was very clear that Ember had heard every word.)

”So what you’re saying is we’re back to square one, at best. Everything we did was for nothing? All that work, all the danger and Silas now has everything locked up tighter than ever before, leaving us...”

(Ember couldn’t finish the sentence, unlike Nev or Steph she wasn’t used to so much conflict. Whether in a ring or out, Ember was a problem solver, a helping hand, a guide...this kind of thing was beyond her wheelhouse.)

”...wait who the heck is Ernie?”

(Nevaeh shook her head as a look of disgust appeared on her face)

”He’s the imbecile who moved in next door to us a few weeks ago. First time we ever met him he came rushing over all jolly and was already sucking up to me and Silas. Being a woman who can read a man like a book I knew he was doing it to try and get me to warm up to him. You know the drill, complimenting me at every turn, always talking in a soft tone. Plus his eyes give him away his motive and where they venture. Fucking pig. But not only that he wants to actually be buddies with Silas. He won him over with calling the cops on the robber. He even calls Silas “Big Tex”. it’s revolting.”

(Steph quietly mouthed ‘Big Tex’ to herself, before doing it once more as though she wasn’t entirely sure that she had heard it correctly. Ember, usually an incredibly understanding and open minded woman was flush and unable to contain her frustration, letting out a groan.)

”So everything went awry because of a doofus who wants to suck up to a scumbag and get into your pants. Lovely.”

(Nevaeh and Steph were both taken aback at how animated Ember was getting. It was a rare sight to see. Yet completely understandable as Nevaeh nodded her head. No one has been angrier about his involvement, about this whole ordeal the she has)

”Pretty much. I’ve run the night of the fashion show through my head so many times. I’ve cried to the both of you over it. Everything was suppose to work, we had it planned out, every step planned and yet by chance he was there and called the cops. Now I have to deal with him and Silas working together. He’s some sort of financial..whatever. Silas wants to sue him to try and make more money. That’s his goal and Ernie is happy to do so. He gets to hang around us more.”

(The more Nevaeh thought it over the more she got upset)

’I’m suppose to be free right now. We’re suppose to be sitting here, laughing, and getting drunk off our asses. Instead I’m trying to keep calm and get through another day. Which isn’t getting easier cause of this title match with Caroline getting up. Silas is pissed about being forced into a shark cage. He says with him being up there that means I got to work harder to be ready. You both know what that means. I just can’t catch a break..I never can...…..”

(Nevaeh had to pause and rubbed a hand through her hair as she leaned back in the chair. She sat there trying to keep it together at the moment. Ember let out a soft breath and walked over to her friend, hand gently resting on Nev’s shoulder.)

”Always darkest before the dawn, right? If Silas is so focused on the shark cage that also means he’s not so focused on the break in...which means we may still have a chance. And at least you’re getting a chance to go home, right? Back to Atlanta, get to see your parents and get away, albeit briefly?”

(Nevaeh slowly shifted her eyes to look at Ember, sadness filling them up. As Ember kept looking at her it seemed to dawn on her why, making the previous outburst look timid Ember went red in the cheeks and flat-out shouted.)

’HE’S NOT GONNA LET YOU SEE YOUR OWN PARENTS?!’

(Nevaeh was looking up at Ember, starting to feel even more hurt, unaware of what Steph was doing. Steph herself was reaching into her handbag at her hip, and there was a flash of metal akin to a gun in its holster. Small, the color of jet. She held it up for a second and looked back at Ember as if asking if now might be the time. Ember somehow managed to keep her cool but the faint hint of what was being shown. Just with her eyes Ember managed to say ‘No’, albeit it seemed more of a ‘not yet’ than anything. Nevaeh didn’t register it. She just figured Steph was upset also with how Ember was looking at her. She started to speak but in southern drawl)

’We in a real high stakes situation now here Baby Peach. We gotta be focused for this here title match. No emotional distractions, Caroline gonna eat ya up if ya drop yer guard.Ya can see them next time”..which is the same kind of thing he told me during Christmas when I didn’t go home to see them. I had to make up a lie to them as to why I wasn’t going home. I had to make up a lie to my mom yesterday on the phone as to why I wouldn’t be able to meet up. I have to keep lying to them about this whole thing. Eileen has seen my parents more than I have in the past year and a half...but I gotta stay focused cause that’s what I’m told to do……”

(Nevaeh was gripping the armrests to the chair tight now, trying not to break here.
Steph silently put the weapon away and zipped her purse back slowly, knowing well enough Nevaeh was too lost in her own head to pay attention. In silence she quietly rose a hand to touch the champion on the shoulder but then seemed to think the better of it in a matter of speaking. She knew though... She knew it was going to be hard to offer any possible plans. Any ease in the situation. All because of some bumblefuck who wanted to get in Nevaeh’s pants and probably thought he was doing everything right to get on the track.)

”What if we...? What.. If... What if...”

(Her voice dropped off. Unsure.Nevaeh didn’t have any idea what to do either. That hit her hard to where a tear did start to slowly creep out of the corner of her eye. Ember crouched now, eye level with her friend and forced a little smile.)

”Hey, hey....breathe, Nev. We may not have an idea right this very second but we are three very smart, driven, determined women. No matter technology, money or some horny bumpkin of a man will stop us from doing what we have our minds set on. So take a moment and breathe, you’re here with us, with friends and we will not let that bastard take you from us. Not now, not ever. And you, you are Nevaeh goddamn Summers, you have more talent in your pinkie than he has in that rats nest that his head. We will figure this out, we just need to think clearly and stop dwelling on what could have been. Right?”

(Nevaeh was trying to keep her composure and heed Ember’s advice. Her soothing tone did work wonders, but she was still wound up from all that was going on. She rubbed her eyes and took a deep breathe)

’You’re right..you’re right. We gotta...we gotta stick together. We need to! I hate having to keep sleeping there. We need a brand new plan though. How to break in with all of that security. You said it yourself Steph this is high level shit. How the fuck do we do get to that office this time?’

”For the moment... I don’t know. I don’t know personally that is but I can ask around. Shop the information we’ve got about it... We’ll get this figured out.... Look, Ember’s got the right of it in spades. There’s no way that piece of shit can keep you down for long. He can try and bend you, he can try and keep putting you in a corner but we’re here for you and we’ll both be damned if your life is going to continue to be ruined day by day by him. The last plan went awry? Fine. We now know we have a nosy little rat bastard neighbor of yours to deal with and other factors. We will find the way and you will be free, Nevaeh.”

(Steph spoke with conviction, so much so that it helped Nevaeh gain alittle more confidence they were gonna make this work. She did still have some doubts, but was trying not to focus on them at the moment. She sat back upright and looked at the both of them. She now got up and motioned for the both of them to come close. As they did Nev wrapped an arm around each of them. As Steph hooped her around her waist Ember’s soon followed, those long arms wrapping around both her friends and holding close.)

’Together...just stick together and keep me sane girls..I need you to. I need you to save me.”

(This caused only a tighter embrace from all three. Nevaeh took another breath, trying to get through not just another day, but the next month. The pressure was on..and she wasn’t sure if she could make it through this one unscathed.)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: