Femme Fatale Wrestling
April 19, 2024, 03:00:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

FFW Future Shock - Episode 19

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFW Future Shock - Episode 19  (Read 304 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: May 16, 2017, 10:46:26 pm »

Live from the Future Shock Arena in Boston, Massachusetts
May 16, 2017

The FFW logo flashes across the screen before we open on a pair of legs in heels and a miniskirt as they head down a hallway. Cut inside a classroom where we find more than a few recognizable Prospects, such as Ji-Hu making a loud noise sucking her Slurpee.The girl in front of her, Harley, shakes her head and looks like she’s about to do something about it as she glances to the teacher at the front of the class writing on a whiteboard. Sitting just out of shot is a brunette playing a Sonic 3DS game with a rose across her desk. Cut back to the woman in the hallway as the camera pans up to see it’s Brianna Singer. The redhead glances both directions before she pulls the fire alarm with a smirk. “Confident” by Demi Lovato begins to play immediately. The girls in the classroom bolt out of their seats towards the door, and outside.

As they pour out, a hand is shown smacking the side of an old truck door before the camera pans up to see Mallory in the driver’s seat as she looks over to Gillie reading a book. Caitlyn & Mandy Gray hop onto the truck bed before it takes off. The camera pans left to see Valentina & Isis stepping into a limousine. We cut to clips from Future Shock itself, showing Angelina hitting her Avenging Angel, Freya in a referee’s outfit throwing punches, Missy picking up a chain of the mat with a smile on her face, Bianca Salvador burning rubber out of a parking lot, Sienna pacing back and forth angrily in the ring, Austin MacKendrick cracking her knuckles, O.E. pulling out a zip tie, and finally Anna screaming at the referee to ring the bell.

The video cuts next to what looks like an old barn as all the talent approaches, with Ashleigh Powell pulling the doors open for them. Off to the side of the barn is what looks like a parked...space ship with an orange ninja inspecting it curiously. Inside we find Cereza looking up at a double ring with a cage around it, a choir singing and surrounding someone they are obscuring from the camera. The camera then shows Qilin trying to hand pamphlets to the talent as they head inside, while Carmen stands at the top of the loft looking down towards them as they enter. The final image is overlooking a woman’s shoulder as she brings her hand up to form a fist when cockroaches begin to come out of the ground before the Future Shock logo appears on the screen.  

Pyro erupts throughout the Future Shock Arena as the fans in attendance make plenty of noise seeing themselves on television. The camera pans the crowd all around before it turns to Zack & Lyn Dallins in the booth.

Zack: Welcome back to Beantown here in beautiful Boston! You’re watching the 19th presentation of Future Shock, and we have a full show ahead, to say the least. Zack and Lyn here. Lyn, Future Shock Destiny is behind us now, where we saw all manner of history being made in Oakland.

Lyn: A new Future Shock champion, a new Aspire Ring bearer and there’s a lot of fallout still to be had!

Zack: Fans, it’s key to mention that tonight after this show ends, the next graduation poll will be on the FFW site! You have the all important decision to make between Missy and Carmen Gutierrez, both of whom we’ll hear from tonight and one of whom will be in action as well.

Lyn: It’ll be Carmen going one on one with Angel here tonight in what promises to be an epic confrontation.

Zack: Tonight will also see the “Firebird” back in singles action as well. The Wrestling...God...says Next Generation cheated to win their tag match at Destiny, and she’ll go one on one with Caitlyn Storm tonight. Caitlyn is going to be meeting what I feel is the toughest challenge she’s ever had tonight.

Lyn: It is the Eye of the Storm versus the Firebrand and Caitlyn will need to keep her wits, and arms about her.

Zack: We’ll also hear from the first ever two time Aspire Ring bearer, Harley Shannon. She and Gillie gave what I thought was a phenomenal effort at Destiny, but the target is back on Shannon now with Freya looming as her next challenger.

Lyn: Freya was the unfortunate victim of a muffler, a manager, and a miscreant at Destiny but you can’t keep a good veteran down and she may bring and early end to Harley’s second run.

Zack: The fallout of Destiny has seen fit to have a rematch from the event. It’ll be a water joust showdown between Andi Takata and Casey Atherton one more time. Takata wasn’t happy how that ended, despite her victory later in the night. And probably the best thing if you’re Andi, the Choir will be banned from poolside. You saw what a difference they made at Destiny.

Lyn: I did but this time with Casey having to do it all on her own we might finally see things of this challenge go the way the match went later.

Zack: We also have the latest edition of This Week in Wrestling with Gillie Barnes. The fallout from Future Shock Destiny begins tonight, but the next big date for Future Shock….June 13th when we go to the O2 Arena in London!

Lyn: It’ll be an amazing show that night and we may have the official poster for you sooner rather than later so be on the lookout for that.

Zack: Who knows what else we can expect? Let’s get it started, and send it up to the only “Wildcat” announcer I know in the ring!

The show heads up to the ring, where the “Wildcat” herself awaits with her microphone in hand and a smile on her face.

Gaby: The opening contest of Future Shock is scheduled for one fall.

Zack: We’re kicking things off tonight with Angel meeting Carmen Gutierrez. There’s a decided experience advantage in Angel’s favor, and Carmen might be sidetracked with some well….unstable people who seem to be dogging her tracks.

Lyn: I think she’s got enough crazy to deal with to last a lifetime.

The dark, haunting opening chords of “Liar Liar” fill the arena as it is bathed in silver strobes. As the drums and guitar kick in, the lights flash out momentarily and a spotlight comes on to show a man and a woman, The woman is Angel, and the man Christian Kincaid. Angel is down on bended knee, fist pushed into the ramp. She comes up without warning and as she does,pyro goes off around her.

Gaby: Making her way to the ring, please welcome ANGEL!

Would you pray if I said you were dying?
Would you be a little stronger, or fall down on your knees?
Would you stay with me if you knew that I was lying?
Would you walk away or turn the other cheek?

I tremble where I stand,
My wish is your command,
The nature of a truly desperate heart.
Give me something real so I can truly feel,
(Liar liar) on the wall.

As the verse and bridge are played, Angel and Christian make their way down the ramp, the platinum blond deliberately keeping as far from any fan contact that she can, looking to Christian occasionally. At the bottom of the ramp, she stops and looks out around her while Christian has headed to her corner.

Whisper, whisper in the dark,
Tell me what you see.
Poisoned by your fly-infested poetry.
Liar, Liar on the wall, give the world to me.
Wasteland or a monarchy (liar liar)
Tell me what you see…

Angel walks up the steps and through the middle rope, where she heads to her corner and waits for Christian to hop up to share some last minute things with her and the music goes out.

Zack: Angel is far from a rookie in this business, she’s held singles and tag titles in her career. But she is certainly new to FFW, and elected to come in through Future Shock as opposed to joining the main roster immediately, which I’m sure she could have done.

Lyn: I can get an idea of why I would if I were her. You want people, new fans unfamiliar with your abilities to see you before you hit the bigger stage, veteran or not.

"Don't let them take from your soul
That means you're taking control!"

Take Control by Smokey Joe & The Kid hits the speakers and out from the back bounces Carmen Gutierrez hands outstretched for the fans, giving a spin on her heel as she grins from ear to ear at the fan's reaction. Carmen points to one side of the arena, then to the next and pats over her heart with the biggest grin.

Gaby: Hailing from Puerto Ayacucho, Venezuela. She is the firecracker of Future Shock.....CARMEN GUTIERREZ!!

Taking a moment she bounces on her feet before running down the ramp and leaping through the bottom and middle ropes to roll into the ring. Carmen runs to the ropes and hopes onto the middle one, holding onto the top with one hand and keeping her free hand out to wave at the fans to get them even more pumped for the match. Hopping off Carmen shakes it out and stretches, ready for the fight.

Zack: It’s hard not to like Carmen Gutierrez. She has explosive energy, is very likable, and may be our next Future Shock graduate, Lyn.

Lyn: I can bet that more than a few fans are already ready to see that poll and push her forward.

Referee Stephen Wilson calls for the bell to start the match, while Carmen keeps a focus on her opponent. Angel moves towards the center of the ring, causing the two to circle a moment and finally lock up. Angel immediately breaks the tie up, and jams a finger into Carmen’s eye before she has a chance to stop her. A few well-placed right hands connect with the side of her head following that, with Angel then pushing her back into the ropes. A pair of chops follow that before she yanks her forward into a short arm clothesline. Carmen immediately rolls away from her to get back up, only for Angel to catch her with a short knee to the lower back when she circles behind her. She quickly applies a hammerlock, and then snaps off a suplex from there to put Carmen on her back again.

Zack: Seems like Angel’s strategy to stay behind Carmen so far in this match, which isn’t a bad one when you take into account how she loves to use her hands and feet as part of her offense.

Lyn: Work her over, not let her start moving and upping a pace that Angel may not be able to match Carmen for long periods.

Before the brunette could get up, Angel immediately descended on her with clubbing blows to her back to try to keep her down. When she accomplished that, Angel held her down and began to drive knee drops into that same area repeatedly. Six of them connected before she got to her feet, and executed a double stomp there as well. The platinum blonde glanced back to her manager, with Christian giving an approving nod at what she was doing. She then pulled Carmen up, and hung her upside down in the corner with a tree of woe. Angel rolled out to the floor, and pulled back on her neck, trying to cause more damage as the referee began to count her down. She finally let go, and rolled back inside the ring.

Zack: Flawless strategy so far for Angel, I’d say, Lyn. She’s taken early advantage here, and hasn’t had one misstep yet. Seems like her manager’s prepared her well for this!

Lyn: You want to put down on a highflier, you’re going to be managed by one right?

Angel seemed to be growing confidence by the second as she turned back to Carmen in the corner. But Gutierrez surprised her when she got one of her legs free, and caught Angel on top of her head with a kick. It stunned her momentarily, giving Carmen the chance to free her other leg and land back on her feet in the corner. But the movement hurt her back, and Angel tried to capitalize with a low shoulder thrust into that spot. But Carmen sidestepped her, and shoved Angel shoulder first into the corner instead. This got the crowd into the match as Angel was yanked out of the corner by that same arm before Carmen began to fire kicks into it along with her shoulder. She fired Angel across for the ride, and caught her on the rebound when she springboarded off the ropes into a flying clothesline. The brunette rolled to her feet, but her face tensed up in pain when she did, causing her to grab her lower back again.

Lyn: Springboard clothesline but... That back that Angel has been working over. The landings are going to exhaust Carmen.

Zack: Every move she uses is requires her back, and Angel’s made her suffer for it each and every time she goes for one of them.

Angel began to try to get up as Carmen looked to block out the pain. She took off towards the ropes, rebounding off them again as Angel stood up...only to get put right back down with a tornado DDT! The crowd was beginning to get louder now as Carmen left her feet, executing an elevated leg drop to the back of Angel’s head. The blonde started to try to get up again as Carmen used the ropes once more, rebounding and leaving her feet to dive over Angel’s head….and snake her arms and legs around her arms to fall backwards into a crucifix pin attempt that brought the crowd to its feet!

Lyn: Crucifix pin as quick as a whip!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

NOPE!

Zack: Angel got surprised right there, but not long enough for a three count! This is what Angel needed to avoid, letting Carmen get that high speed offense going!

Angel got one of her arms free, and managed to kick out. But that didn’t deter Carmen as she quickly got back to her feet. When Angel began to do the same, Carmen went for a back leg heel kick, but Angel ducked it. That seemed to be what Carmen wanted, because as soon as she did, Gutierrez dropped her with a facebuster!

Zack: I think Carmen wanted her to duck, because it put Angel almost in a perfect position for a facebuster! Gutierrez is learning on the job here!

Lyn: That’s when veteran experience comes to bite you. Carmen knew Angel had probably seen it telegraphed a million times in her career, and she was banking on it!

The smile began to grow on Carmen’s face as she was feeling the tide turning quickly in her favor. She headed for the corner next, and was halfway up before Angel rolled out of the ring to the floor. That didn’t sit well with the crowd, causing Carmen to hop back down to the canvas. As Wilson leaned through the ropes to tell Angel to get back in the ring, Carmen took off and used the referee’s back for a step up into a suicide dive that landed right on top of Angel...but also caused Carmen’s back to ache again after she landed!

Lyn: That suicide dive was a thing of beauty but Carmen can’t continue on it!

Zack: The effects of Angel’s focus earlier in the match keep coming back to haunt Carmen, no matter what kind offense she tries against her.

Carmen finally got back to her feet, dragging Angel with her and rolling her back into the ring. The brunette didn’t follow after her, instead heading for the corner and making her way to the top rope. Angel was more than a little dazed at this point as she tried to get to her feet. When she did and Carmen left her feet, Christian shouted something to Angel. As Carmen went for hurricanrana, Angel grabbed her legs and stopped her. Gutierrez hung upside down before Angel planted her with an inverted tombstone piledriver that shut the crowd up quickly when it landed. The blonde rolled away from her, trying to get herself together.

Zack: I don’t think I’ve seen someone counter a hurricanrana like that, Lyn! You could see Carmen’s face as her head was driven into the canvas! If Angel could follow up, I think this is over right here!

Lyn: A kneeling piledriver will put anyone down there but capitalizing is key!

Christian encouraged Angel to make a cover, pointing over to her as Angel finally got herself together and crawled towards the brunette. She dropped on top of her before the referee dropped into position to count.

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO!!

Carmen’s shoulder barely came up before the three came down, causing Angel to give a cold glance to the referee. The crowd started chanting the brunette’s name, hoping to rally her.

Zack: I think Angel took too long to make that cover, Lyn! I don’t think Carmen knew where she was for about ten seconds before Angel went for it!

Angel started back to her feet, pulling Carmen up by the head with her. She moved around behind her, and snapped off a German suplex that caused the back of Carmen’s head to ricochet against the top rope and landed back on the canvas. Angel dragged her away from the ropes, and towards the nearest corner. She pulled her back up, and then sat her on the top turnbuckle. A nasty headbutt to the face followed that before the platinum blonde crawled up with her.

Zack: I have a feeling Carmen’s about to experience Angel’s cyclorama!

Lyn: It’s an arrival coming...!

Zack was right as Angel snatched Carmen around the waist, and launched them from the top rope to the canvas with her cyclorama. Christian applauded it, even if the fans didn’t before Angel floated over to make the cover.

Lyn: A MONSTER’S ARRIVAL!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

The referee called for the bell, while the crowd showed no enjoyment at the announcement. Christian stepped into the ring to raise Angel’s hand, while the referee raised the other.

Gaby: Here is your winner…………..ANGEL!!

Zack: They may not like it here in the Center, Lyn. But Angel picks up the win! I don’t think Carmen ever fully recovered after that inverted tombstone.

Lyn: She tried Zack, tried desperately but that landing...

Angel told her manager something before climbing the ropes to raise her hand again to their dismay. She and Christian rolled out to the floor, and headed towards the back while the referee helped Carmen get back to her feet. The brunette was slow moving, but finally made it to the floor and started to head up the ramp as well…..until Sienna Moore surprised her with a running clothesline as she emerged from the back.

Lyn: Oh for the love of... Now Sienna coming to add insult to injury... Or injury to insult for that matter!

The crowd’s boos only grew loud again as Moore pulled Carmen up, planting her head between her legs and hoisting her upside down for a piledriver into the steel ramp. She quickly rolled to her feet to deafening boos from the Future Shock crowd.

Zack: Carmen’s been having problems with Alicia Garland...and that lunatic right there! There’s no reason for that at all, other than she can!

Lyn: She’s stuck in the middle of two mad women one just because she can and the other... Well the less we discuss on Alicia the better.

Sienna looked about to do more before security ushered out of the back to pull her away, while trainers also emerged to help her to the back. From there, we cut to a commercial for the Best of Future Shock DVD set.

A Little Bitchy

We cut to the closing moments of the match between Bianca Reed and Missy from Future Shock Destiny. As a matter of fact, we’re watching it over the shoulder of the brunette in the match. The camera is sat behind Missy as she and Sara watch Scarlett Silver get rid of the cockroaches before Missy catches her with her Sleep Tight finisher...with a little help from the middle rope to secure the victory. As the video concludes, the camera pulls back to see the reporter looking to Missy with an expectant expression.

Sara: Missy, I’m sure you have heard and seen the comments by Bianca Reed following Destiny. She wasn’t happy at all with the outcome of the match, and began petitioning Adam to give her a rematch with you. Were you expecting her to want another match after this one was over, or did you think she’d just move on?

Missy: Who didn’t see those comments by Bianca? She was whining all over Twitter like a toddler having a temper tantrum.  I’m not overly surprised that she wants another match, she always has struck me as the whining type. I did think that she would possibly have the intelligence to walk away after I beat her...but I guess I was giving her too much credit there.

Sara: She also maintained that Scarlett Silver got involved in the match, and that wasn’t exactly untrue. Your partner did steal a bucket of cockroaches from ringside. Scarlett maintained she didn’t interfere at all. But wouldn’t you consider theft of property a form of interference? I mean Bianca seems to, but what do you think?

Missy: You see there are two problems I see with that little claim. Firstly, as completely disgusting as that bucket of cockroaches is, they’re living creatures. To call them property is just wrong in my view. Secondly, theft would imply that Scarlett intended to deprive Bianca of her little buddies, when in fact all she was doing was moving them to a safer place. The match had already spilled out of the ring before that point, she didn’t want to risk them getting caught in the crossfire if it happened again. If anything little miss high and mighty should be thanking Scarlett.

Sara: So long story short, I take it that you don’t mind Adam booking the rematch after Bianca was quite vocal about wanting it?

Missy: Like I said on Twitter when she cried herself into the rematch..if she wants to get beaten by me again, who am I to deny her that privilege??

Sara: Last thing I wanted to touch on. Tonight, the graduation poll goes live on the FFW website between yourself and Carmen Gutierrez. Would you like to make a case to the viewers why they should vote for you over Carmen? Certainly Tifa Heafy is championing you for graduation. But I thought you might like a chance to tell them why you should move up to the FFW roster.

Missy: I think the only case I really need to make is this...If I get graduated, I get to do all the FFW fans a favour and beat Tifa around officially. It would shut up her whining for at least a short time.. I promise. You know, I’m sensing a theme here. I seem to attract whiners….oh, well. I’m more than happy to smack them all around. It’s my good deed to society!

A graphic for the graduation poll now on the FFW site appears across the bottom of the screen before the show heads elsewhere.

A Stripper and An Alien Walk Into Future Shock….Stop Me if You’ve Heard This One

Backstage, standing by is none other than Cereza, who has the Future Shock championship hoisted onto her shoulder. She is very much all smiles as she can hear the crowd cheering her on.

Cereza: How are you this evening, Boston?! I hope everyone is enjoying the show, we’ve got a lot going on this fantastic evening. I’m sorry that I can’t be out there now to address you and thank you for your support on my road to finally winning the FS title, but I understand the time was needed to prepare for some water jousting.

The stripper shrugs.

Cereza: In any case, I know I’ve said quite a bit on Breaking Point after Destiny, but it only makes sense I pop up on the brand I stand atop as well, the place that helped me break into the sport AND helped me discover myself in ways I couldn’t have anticipated. Every loss, every success, has lead to one of the most FANTASTIC years of my life, and it was overall a wonderful first year for the new Future Shock format.

She champ taps at her chin.

Cereza: Can we still be calling it new? It feels as though it’s stuck long enough, but if people still refer to it as New Who to separate from Old Who…

Again she shrugs.

Cereza: In any case, you’ll be seeing me quite a bit, as we’re going to begin the road to the big show: Future Shock Invasion UK! We already know that I’ll be facing Anna Giovanna at that show, as I make my first defense against a woman who is JUST as hungry as I was for the title. And I don’t imagine this is going to be a pretty sight, given that. But of course, we can’t forget about after that, as the winner of that match will be-

Cereza stops as someone unexpectedly walks on camera, that someone being Andi Takata, in a neon blue bathrobe as she moseys around backstage.

Andi: -will be facing me? Probably? Looking forward to seeing what you can do against Anna, but whoever comes away from the UK with that pretty belt is going to have a heck of a time keeping it too much longer… Nothing personal, Cereza, but I’ve had my heart set on getting that Future Shock Championship back for quite some time.

Cereza: Well, worry not there, Andi. I can relate to your struggles with getting the belt back, although compared to you at least you did it on the first try while I’m still working on beating her at my THIRD try…

She lets out a sigh, then tilts her head back, looking at Andi’s backside. For nonperverted reasons.

Cereza: By the way, how IS your behind after that little teamwork game we had?

Andi’s eyes give a bit of a sideglance to Cereza’s wise-making.

Andi: There are times when an ice cold pool is a very nice thing to be in. Tonight isn’t one of them but...well…. Let’s just say the past few days have been kind to my behind.

Andi puts an arm around Cereza’s shoulders, extending her other outward to the Cosmos.

Andi: Pillows. Pillows everywhere.

Cereza:...we’re referencing a thing, aren’t we?

Andi: Always.

Takata repeats her actions from a moment prior.

Andi:  References…. References everywhere…

Cereza: I shouldn’t be surprised, and yet here we are.

Gently, Cereza removes Andi’s arm from around her.

Cereza: However, I do wish you luck in your challenge tonight. I know you won the match at Destiny, but the jousting wasn’t so fun when you dealt with Casey and her Sunshine Band. So do give her a good cleaning with the giant Q-Tip, won’t you?

Andi: And likewise, please do your best to beat up the Big Red Duh-chine in your match… I’d hate to see you give her something else to talk about. But for now… it’s time to do a little dance, spread a little love… and smack Casey down tonight.

Cereza: Best of luck, then. I’ll be watching from back here.

The Wiccan champion pats Andi on the back, and nods to her as she walks away.

Andi: Yep. And you keep that belt safe for when I can come get it back.

Andi walks off in the other direction to go do battle!

« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:48:05 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 10:50:53 pm »

Future Shock returns from the commercial break, and the “Wildcat” is back in the ring with her microphone in hand to begin.

Gaby: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

Zack: The fallout from Future Shock Destiny continues in the match we are about to see between one half of Next Generation and the Fireshock Sisters. Caitlyn Storm is about to meet Ignis, and I said before that this is likely to be her toughest challenge to date.

Lyn: True enough Zack but a win tonight would also do wonders for Caitlyn in Future Shock from a singles standpoint.

“Going To Hell” by The Pretty Reckless hits the speakers, and the crowd is unanimous in their disapproval. Ignis walks out, carrying a cardboard sign reading “Ignis Is The Best” and hands it to one “lucky” fan at ringside.

Gabrielle (with perhaps a small sigh): Making her way to the ring, from Llanfair PG, Wales, she is a self-proclaimed Wrestling God... IGNIS!!!

Ignis gives Gaby a cheesy smile and a thumbs up, before rolling into the ring. She climbs onto the second rope, and pumps her fist trying to start an “IGNIS” chant, which goes precisely nowhere.

Zack: You gotta figure this is probably the last person Gaby ever wanted to see in Future Shock again, you know of the long rivalry these two had over the Future Shock Championship.

Lyn: I wouldn’t be surprised if Gaby looked at her old wrestling boots for longer than half a second after finding out Ignis had returned.

As the opening bars to Misfit by Amy Studt hit the speakers Caitlyn Storm appears from behind the curtain. The lights go out and a simple white pyrotechnic flashes making it look like lightning.

Gaby: Introducing at this time....Hailing from New York City, New York and weighing in at One Hundred and Twenty-Six pounds...She is Caitlyn Storm!

As the lights come back on Caitlyn makes her way down the ramp, smiling and tagging the fans hands as she passes and even stopping for a few fans to take selfies on their mobiles. She runs the rest of the way to the ring and jumps up onto the apron, then grabs onto the top rope with both hands and leap frogs over it to land in the ring. She raises her hands up waving to the fans.

Zack: It’s honestly very difficult to find something about Caitlyn Storm that you don’t like. She’s easily one of the most upbeat and positive women in this company, but she definitely has her work cut out for her tonight.

Lyn: She’s got tenacity written all over her and that may work in her favor... Plus she’s got a nasty couple of kicks on her.

Referee Stephen Wilson calls for the bell as both women head for the center of the ring. Ignis points to both of Caitlyn’s arms, asking her which one she wants to be broken tonight. Storm doesn’t look intimidated or amused by this before Ignis shakes her head. The Firebird moves back to the middle rope and sits on it, offering Caitlyn the opportunity to leave now. Storm looks out at the crowd, and back to Ignis who tells her how to get back to the locker room.

Lyn: Ignis attempting every manner of trying to show Caitlyn she doesn’t want this match.

Zack:  If she thinks she’s going to talk Caitlyn out of the ring after all the nonsense she’s had to endure with her partner, she’s going to be in for a very rude awakening.

Caitlyn looks to the referee, as if to ask if she’s serious. But when she does, Ignis catches her with a rake to the eyes before she can turn back around. The Hall of Famer starts opening up with right hands to the head before applying a side headlock. She pulls Caitlyn to the ropes, and then drags her eyes across the top rope. It obviously hurts the blonde before Ignis whipped her out to the mat with the help of a hair mare. She tells her she gave her a chance with a shrug of her shoulders. And as Storm rolls to her back, Ignis connects with a knee drop to her head and then drives repeated elbow strikes in as well. When the Prospect tries to get up, Ignis delivers a spiral leg drop that puts her back down. She quickly follows that with an armbar as she leans over Caitlyn’s back, prompting Wilson to look for a submission.

Zack: This is Ignis 101 unfolding right here. She prides herself on what damage she can do to an opponent’s arm, and there’s a laundry list of past opponents and a referee who can attest to it.

Lyn: It is surgical precision that Ignis works with. That knee drop, the elbow strikes to the head... Misdirection for what she’s really after... That armbar.

Ignis leans back, pushing up on her feet as she tries to pull Caitlyn’s arm back even further. The referee checks again to see if Caitlyn wants to quit, only for Ignis to use her free hand to tousle Caitlyn’s hair like a child. The pain visible on Caitlyn’s face is soon replaced with irritation as Ignis continues to try to embarrass her. Storm manages to reach out with one foot, and get it under the bottom rope enough to call for the break. The “Firebird” lets go at four, and gets back to her feet. She reaches down to pull Caitlyn away from the ropes, but Storm rolls onto her back and shoots her off with both feet into the chest. It sends Ignis stumbling backwards as Storm nips up to her feet, and catches her flush with a discus forearm to the jaw with the good arm. That brings the crowd back into it as Caitlyn starts firing shots of her own, backing the Hall of Famer into the ropes. She whips her across to the far side, and catches her on the rebound with a running high knee to the face that drops Ignis on the spot.

Zack: I’m sure it comes to no surprise that Ignis’ antics have only managed to irritate Caitlyn, and that high knee to the chops has put the “Firebird” in check!

Lyn: Beautiful discus forearm there and Ignis may be seeing stars after the knee.

Caitlyn shook the arm a bit that Ignis had worked on briefly, and then took off towards the ropes. As the redhead was starting to rise, Caitlyn caught her with a bicycle kick that flattened her again. She immediately made the cover, and snatched the outside leg as well!

Lyn: What did I JUST say about the kicks on Storm?

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

NOOOPE!!

Ignis kicked out in time before the three, leaving Caitlyn to immediately get back to her feet. The former Future Shock Champion began to rise again, only for Storm to scoop her up and execute a double underhook suplex to drive her back into the mat.

Zack: One thing Ignis is going to learn about Caitlyn is that her primary offense doesn’t come from her arms or hands. It’s those legs and feet that she employs to great effectiveness!

The “Firebird” tried to get back to her feet once more, only to be helped by Caitlyn with a knee lift to the face that stood her upright. Storm fired her into the far side corner, causing Ignis to strike back first. The former fitness instructor charged in behind her with a running shoulder tackle, only for Ignis to move and Caitlyn to hit the post instead. Ignis took a moment to collect herself until she saw where Caitlyn hit, and started to smile. She yanked her out from the corner around the waist, and scooped her up for a back suplex….with her head and back hitting the top turnbuckle on the way down. Caitlyn clutched the back of her head before she was pulled out of the corner, and Ignis applied a Fujiwara armbar.

Lyn: The Firebird... Because I refuse to call her a God... Knows more armbars than most wrestlers world traveled.

Zack: What a departure from a girl who used to be so shy and demure to have become the way she is today!

Referee Stephen Wilson dropped down beside Caitlyn, asking her if she wanted to submit. But the former fitness instructor refused. Ignis tried to pull back further, consistently talking smack to Caitlyn and telling her she was going to break it if she didn’t quit. Caitlyn used her free hand to stretch as far as she could, and managing to get her fingertips across the bottom rope. Wilson called for the break as Ignis looked behind her to see what happened. She got back to her feet, and used a double stomp to Caitlyn’s back before ducked out to the floor. Ignis leaned down to get eye level with Caitlyn, asking her if she wanted to cry before grabbing her arm and snapping it across the apron.

Zack: Ignis just has to run her mouth, doesn’t she? It’s not enough she’s trying to detach Caitlyn’s left arm right now, she has to demean her at the same time.

Lyn: ...You sound remotely surprised. I’m... I’m actually surprised that you’re surprised.

She pulled her towards the corner, dragging Caitlyn along and then wrapping her arm violently around the post. It caused Storm to clutch it tightly against her body as the referee told Ignis to get back into the ring. She ultimately did as she was told when she rolled under the bottom rope back inside. She dragged Caitlyn towards the center of the ring, and drove a pair of stomps into her shoulder. The “Firebird” took off for the far side, rebounding quickly into her version of rolling thunder….but Caitlyn brought her knees up, which Ignis landed on back first! The redhead rolled off in pain as the crowd started chanting Storm’s name again in an attempt to rally her.

Zack: Ignis went for one of her favorite moves, the FLAME WHEEL, and got all of Caitlyn’s knees she’ll ever want!

Lyn: All and then some after that!

Storm rolled away from her, and pushed up to her knees. Her arm was clearly giving her quite the problem though as she got back to her feet. Ignis was there to meet her, looking for a boot to the face when she turned around. But Caitlyn countered that with a t-bone suplex instead. Ignis landed with a thud, and Caitlyn ended up clutching her arm again. She glanced back to see Ignis starting to rise before executing her savate kick that flattened the redhead before Storm went for the cover!

Zack: What a shot! She calls that STORM FORCE! Caitlyn’s about to pick up a HUGE win!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THR-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Ignis got her leg across the bottom rope before the three came down. Caitlyn pushed up to her feet, still suffering the effects of her arm. She started back to her feet, a look of determination on her face as she darted for the corner, and began to make her ascent.

Lyn: Both women are in a bit of an inpasse here. Ignis’s favorite means of attack isn’t taking away from Caitlyn’s.

Not accustomed to being up there, it took her a moment to get her balance. But it was a moment too long as Ignis had gotten back to her feet, and ran the ropes to cause her to land straddling the turnbuckle instead. Ignis stumbled towards her, and headed up to the top rope herself. She quickly grabbed her head, and executed a superplex with authority! She rolled over on top of her for the cover, and Wilson slid into count.

Lyn: SUPERPLEX FROM THE HIGH RISK DISTRICT AND THAT MIGHT BE IT!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO!

Caitlyn’s shoulder came up just in the nick of time, causing Ignis to look up at Wilson her jaw agape as she tried to catch her breath. The former champion pushed back up to her feet, and  made a breaking motion with her hands.

Zack: I have a feeling we got a cross armbreaker coming right up, Lyn! This is Ignis’ pet submission!

Lyn: It looks as though it’s...

Zack was right. Ignis leaned down to grab Caitlyn’s bad arm to do her flipping arm breaker. But Storm grabbed her by the head, and pulled her down into a small package that surprised everyone, including the referee who dropped to count!

Lyn: A fat lot of nope.

ONE!!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Wilson called for the bell as Caitlyn rolled away and sat up with a smile on her face. The fans in the Future Shock Arena gave her a very loud reaction as the referee raised her good arm.

Zack: I hate to say it, but that’s one hell of an upset right there! Caitlyn Storm just knocked one of the most decorated women in Future Shock history!

Gaby: Here is your winner……………..CAITLYN STORM!!!

Lyn: Caitlyn picks up to--

Before Lyn could finish his thought though, Ignis caught Caitlyn with a hard kick to her shoulder and immediately applied her cross armbreaker anyway. Wilson shouted at her to let go as Ignis’ face was seething, trying to do as much damage as humanly possible. Caitlyn screamed in pain as Ignis writhed on the mat, trying to increase the pressure.

Lyn: BURNING EMBERS ANYWAY! Tell ‘em why you mad, Leavenworth. Go ahead. Tell ‘em.

Almost immediately, Mandy Gray took off towards the ring. As soon as Ignis spotted her, she let go and rolled out to the floor. Mandy cast a cold stare towards the redhead as she knelt down to check on her tag partner. Ignis raised her hand in victory as she backed up the ramp as a pair of trainers brushed past her going to the ring.

Zack: Ignis got outsmarted here tonight by Caitlyn, and she’s not happy about it! I just hope there’s no long term damage done to Caitlyn’s arm after all that!

Lyn: Outsmarted and undone and no matter what Ignis does, the fact remains. A storm just put her out!

The trainers went to help Caitlyn as Ignis soaked up the ire of the crowd. From there, the show heads to a commercial for the merchandise site for Future Shock.

Achievement Unlocked

We cut to a clip from Future Shock Destiny, showing highlights from the Aspire Ring match between Harley Shannon & Gillie Barnes. Both women show a lot of toughness in the clip, as well as  Harley ultimately winning by submission. From there, we head back to the live show and find the Ring bearer with Sara in the back.

Sara: Allow me to be among what I’m sure are many who have congratulated you on becoming the first woman to ever hold the Aspire Ring on two separate occasions. As much as you went through trying to retain it and then get another shot at winning it back, I’m sure it was a proud, if not the proudest, moment you’ve had in Future Shock.

Harley nodded her nod.

Harley: Oh yeah. It’s right up there, probably just edging out the first time that I won it. Partly because Gillie came in as healthy as she could be - there was no pre-match attack, no question over whether or not she should even be starting the match or anything like that; she was just ready. And the rest is because it was probably one of the best, cleanest, most technical matches I’ve had in Future Shock against a woman who really knows her onions. It’s no secret that Gillie prides herself on being one of the best prepared women in Future Shock and we’ve seen how good she can be between those ropes. She won the Aspire Ring and is one half of a team that knocked off the Ascension and is considered one of the favourites to win the Future Shock tag team titles...so to beat her and to beat her clean is a big feather in my cap in my book.

Sara: Now with that Aspire Ring back in your possession, I’m going to assume you plan to make a three run defense to get yourself a shot at the Future Shock Championship, currently held by Cereza. Is that a fair statement?

Harley: Very fair. Three wins, challenge the Future Shock Champion - be it Cereza… or whoever may knock her off before I make it to three wins. Test myself against the best - one of the best in all of Future Shock, see how I fair against them and see if I can step up and make a lil bit more history maybe? Maybe be the first Prospect to win the Future Shock Championship?

She laughed softly.

Harley: That’s getting ahead of myself though and getting into the dream scenario right now. One step at a time. One match at a time. One defence at a time and let’s see how far I can go.

Sara: Of course. Your first defense is slated for June 13th when Future Shock has its special in the O2 Arena in London. You’ll be meeting Freya, who earned the shot when she defeated Sunny a few weeks back. Having faced Sunny yourself, you know how difficult a chore that can be. You’re going to be giving up years of experience against her, and of late, she’s certainly seemed to be a different woman. What do you think?

Harley: Yeah, I’m giving up plenty of experience because she’s been in this business for years...and her family have been in it for… decades and dated and been married and divorced to fellow veteran wrestlers. So...there’s a whole lot of resources for her to draw on right there if she needs it. And wrestling in a whole different country - on a whole different continent is a first for me.

Her shoulders shrugged.

Harley: But that’s exciting, you know? Getting to see new countries, experience new cultures and those slightly different foibles that intrigue us about each other and getting to meet more of our amazing, incredible wonderful fans. I can’t wait. And experience for as much as you, and our commentators and our veterans talk about it’s importance...when it comes down to it, it’s still about pinning your opponent’s shoulders to the mat for a three count or getting her to tap out. Her experience means I’ve got to be a little more intelligent and a little more careful and it might just mean I have to hit Freya a couple more times to get her to stay down. As for her being this snarky, mean, nasty bitch that she’s become...well, that’s just gonna make hitting her all that more satisfying.

Sara: I’m sure we are looking forward to the showdown on June 13th. Congratulations, and thank you again, Harley.

On that, we cut to a commercial for the UK Invasion show.

The Future Is In Their Hands

Future Shock heads back into the arena as “War of Change” by Thousand Foot Krutch begins to play when the founder of Future Shock emerges on the stage. The Boston crowd gives Cody a very loud reception as the COO gives his Future Shock UK Invasion shirt a little tug, asking the crowd if they like it before he is handed a microphone from the floor.

Cody: You know what? I love this! What’s up, Boston?!

The crowd gives the requisite hometown pop, causing the COO of FFW to wave his arms and get them louder before his music fades out.

Cody: When I founded Future Shock back in 2010, I would be a liar if I told you that I saw it growing and becoming what it has become. I didn’t. I thought my little web show would just be a pet project of mine. And to see where it has gone and how it has evolved, I….I couldn’t be prouder! And now just eleven days ago, we passed the one year anniversary when this show rebooted into...ALL OF THIS!

He gestures around the arena as he takes in the sights and sounds around him before he continues.

Cody: It has become a phenomenon for FFW, and I think that deserves some serious recognition for what these girls and Adam has made possible. Hell on June 13th, Future Shock goes overseas for the first ….very first...time for the UK Invasion special! Just like these girls, I’m going too! Not only to see the show, but because I want to commemorate this one year anniversary by doing something we haven’t done since the reboot. On that night in the O2 in London on June 13th, I’m going to be bringing two Future Shock Prospects to the main roster of FFW!

The crowd seems quite pleased to hear that. Cody nods his head in agreement with their anticipation.

Cody: Two Prospects will have their last night in Future Shock on June 13, and they will be given full time FFW contracts by me. Every one of the Prospects have been impressive in their own way, and on that night, I’ll let the two girls I have in mind know they are going up to the main stage. Who do you want to see?!

A very different assortment of names is heard from the crowd as the camera pans along the barricade, with different fans shouting different names.

Cody: But while two Prospects will wait to hear who’s coming up, you guys have a chance to make a choice tonight. After this show goes off the air, the fourth graduation poll goes live on our website and you will get to pick from Carmen Gutierrez or Missy! You will decide which one of those two women head to the FFW roster! You got a tough choice, I mean these two girls couldn’t be more different.

Carmen clearly gets the lion’s share of the crowd support.

Cody: You got Missy, who has amassed a pretty impressive record in the past few months. She’s found some friends and allies with Scarlett Silver and the FFW Ultraviolence Champion Emma MacNamara, Chaotic Temptation.

Cue the boos on the mention of the three girls.

Cody: You got Carmen, who has a heart bigger than this arena probably. She comes out here time in and time out, leaves everything in the ring, and always gives you everything she has inside her body. You can’t help but respect that. Long story short, I don’t envy your decision. But you’ll make it, and I know I have a roster of girls in FFW eagerly awaiting to find out who you pick. Because one thing that hasn’t changed since 2010 when I founded this show, it was always designed to put the power in your hands. That hasn’t changed, because you have ultimate power to determine one of these girls’ career future. Someone’s professional career is about to change in this company…..it’s your turn to tell us who!

He hands off the microphone as a graphic pops up on the video wall showing the two girls side by side as the show heads elsewhere.

The music starts playing with a series of hazy looking technicolor clips that slowly meld into black and white clips of professional wrestling, both women and men of days long past...

Gillie: Welcome to Future Shock’s own “This Week In Wrestling” With Gillie Barnes... Brought to you by Plunder Pack. Plunder Pack comes filled with all sorts of shirts, toys, and memorabilia from your favorite brands. May’s theme is ‘WRESTLING’...

Gillie seriously looks to the producer off screen in amazement and mouths ‘Really?’ she gets an affirmative nod before going back to what she was doing.

Gillie: So of course Future Shock and FFW have to give a hand to Plunder Pack by helping them load this month’s box with as many goodies as we could possibly stuff in there. I’m talking shirts, I’m talking wrist bands, I’m talking a Kaoru Asaka Periodic Table of Moveset, supersized wall tapestry poster, possibly a DVD of the Best of Future Shock... And so much more. Plundering, its not just for pirates anymore!

The former Aspire Ring Bearer is dressed in casual clothing of jeans and a Future Shock athletics ‘Property of Future Shock’ tee with her hands in her pockets and a small grin on her face. She raises a single index finger.

Gillie: Folks we’ve got a special treat for you for this edition of TWIW BUT to make sure that the sanctity and even dare I say, purity of this week’s TWIW is not tampered with, I made sure to meet with the person behind the last... Interference of the show and had a long, but meaningful conversation with them. I do not think they will make that same mistake again.

Jump cut to the hallway of the Future Shock arena where O.E. Ayano is screaming her head off in her underwear, tied up and hanging from the ceiling with a dunce cap on her head.

O.E.: I’MMA [BLEEP]IN’ KILL YA [WHOOPSIES] FOR THIS GILLIE! YOU GON’ SEE ME IN YOUR DREAMS YOU CLAP HAVING JEZEBEL! LIMEY [BLEEP]

Jump cut back to Gillie.

Gillie: Ladies and gentlemen, you may think that is cruel but I am doing her a service. I don’t think she wants to be on the bad side of my co-host for this edition and special guest!

Kaoru: Admittedly, that’s a lot nicer than I would have been. Let someone mess with this show, I’ll personally choke them out to the point they wake up in a post-media landscape.

*ahem*

Kaoru: On that note, hi everyone! Kaoru Asaka, glad to be along for the ride. And I’ve been looking forward to this episode since… well, since you started this show. Very exciting. It’s the long awaited, anticipated episode where we start to get into some of my own family’s history, starting with my father. He’s got a lot of stories, and a lot of moments to go through, but this time, we’re going to focus in on what I think most would agree was his crowning achievement. Also, I believe we’re going to have some subtitles for this because my father’s english is not quite at broadcast level. So get those reading glasses on as we take this trip into the past.

As Gillie begins narration as the video package begins to fade in away from herself and Kaoru and onto two Japanese wrestlers, a tag team if you will. The two men look to be larger than life figures, and have a one might say ‘hoss’ quality to both of them, yet from the moment either man takes the mat its mat work the likes that seem to be way before their time professional wrestling.

Gillie: The year is 1989. The day? May 5th. But first...

Gillie pauses with a grin.

Gillie: Backstory. The tag team of Yoshio Asaka and Suichi “Ogre” Kyojin have essentially wiped out the competition one of the oldest wrestling companies to still exist to this day... the American Grappling Association. The AGA International Tag championships. Theirs. The AGA United States Heavyweight championship. Asaka’s for an unprecedented eight hundred and twenty-three days... Shattering the record of seven hundred and two days formerly held by Hans Stensen.... Hans would have a part to play later in this magnificent story but let’s not discuss that yet. While Asaka held on tight to the United States title, his partner Ogre would hold onto the International Heavyweight championship and together they would reign as AGA tag champions from 1984... Well into the last month of 1986.

Yoshio: He was very much a help to me early in my career. We were... quite a team. Around the world, people knew, you don’t mess with Asaka and the Ogre. And even more, Ogre. He was the bigger of us. So he got the bigger chances. He had already moved up. But I was always just right behind him. 823 days is a long time. But he held that same belt 10 years prior, and had it for almost as long! It's frustrating, because while my partner, and in a way, mentor... you want to pass him. Like a rival.

Kaoru: I know that feeling pretty well. Andi’s not exactly Kyojin though.

We cut to a fateful tag team match... As Yoshio and Ogre wait in the ring, they watch a pair of men come down the ramp on motorcycles. They have body armor with spikes jutting everywhere... Both men have white and black face paint that make them look like something out of a KISS concert. One has a mohawk that somehow ends in a mullet and the other has... Well the best description would be instead of one tuft of hair in the middle of his head, there are two tufts out at the side. Yes... These are the legendary... The mythical... The Chicago Street Knights. Gillie actually pauses in the middle of this segment to look back at the Fast Track champion.

Gillie: Hold on, hold on, hold on. Your dad actually wrestled the CSK!?

Kaoru: Oh yeah, a bunch of times. Wrestled with them, against them, next to them...  They didn’t really care that much who they were fighting, as long as they were fighting.

Gillie: ...Wow. The legendary Fawkes and Maniacal.

We return to the clip of the CSK taking on Asaka and Ogre. As the two teams battle back and forth for the tag team championships, Fawkes dropkicks Asaka out of the ring as Maniacal hoists Ogre on his shoulders. Only a few seconds later Fawkes climbs the top turnbuckle and flies off of it, completing the dreaded Ballistic Device and knocking Ogre down on the mat off his partner’s shoulders with a flying clothesline. Maniacal goes for the pin and three seconds later...

New tag team champions.

As the CSK celebrate, the colors of the video  drain to black and white and cut back and forth on the faces of Asaka and Ogre as they stare at each other, before Kyojin slaps the mat and trips Asaka with one swing of his arm, sending his tag partner dropping on his back before Ogre takes his leave sullenly.

Yoshio: It was almost too much success. We were sick of each other. Up and down all of Japan for years beating everybody. And when we finally didn't have to defend the titles anymore, we looked at each other and knew it was done. Even if we had just been to war with a team such as Street Knights, it was enough to let the questions loose. The trip didn’t help either. It was the first shot fired. The first of many between us.

Hans: People couldn’t believe that at all, boy, lemme tell ya. Those Japanese people lost their minds seeing that go down like that I tell you what. It’s like watching a mountain pick a fight with another mountain. Things about to get rocky now, boy!

Gillie: After two more months, and a handful of 6-man matches, it was indeed done. After their last match as a team in May of 1987, the two formed a bitter rivalry, and sides were to be taken. Asaka formed his own group, Rebellion, splitting off from the companies of the time, comprised of younger talent. By this time the battles had moved from the AGA to Nippon All-Pro Wrestling commonly known as NAPW...

We get various clips of multi-man matches, though almost all of the attention is played on the pugilistic brutality of Yoshio Asaka and Ogre Kyojin pummeling each other without end. There were even clips of one match where both men brawled back up through the curtains, leaving their partners to wrestle the rest of the match without them. For the first time we get commentary from Kyojin who... Doesn’t look to be in as great a shape as Yoshio given the ages of both men. At all. There’s a visible IV bag hanging on a metal rod by his side.

...Then we see that the footage of Ogre is courtesy of an interview in Japan from ten years ago, so one can... Assume what’s happened to him since then.

Ogre: It very much turned into us versus them. But all along it was him versus me. And I didn't want to lose to him at all.

Gillie: The group's success would carry through the end of the decade, with the younger tag team of Rebellion, Ogawasara and Oshima, winning tag gold themselves, and one fateful weekend. In the middle of 1988....

Yoshio: "I beat him. And it was the best night of my life. Or so it felt then. But it felt very good then.

In a tag match against his former partner, the two clashed, with Asaka getting the pin over his old partner, capturing the JAPW World Tag Team Championship. The thrill would not last however, losing them back to his partner the next night.

Yoshio: Just like that it was over. I felt like he took it away from me.

Kaoru: He did, dad, pretty literally.

Yoshio: Don’t be smart. He did take back the titles. But he took something else. It felt like he took a piece of my pride. I would never forgive him for that. Again.

Gillie: The rivalry continued through the rest of '88 and into 1989. And while Asaka was busy welcoming his 3rd child into the world, a baby girl you now know today as Kaoru Asaka...

A photo pops up right on cue.

Gillie: Kyojin would go on to capture the Triple Crown, a unification of the two singles titles the men held and the NAPW Heavyweight Title, beating Hans Stensen in a wild affair. His first defense? ...Yoshio Asaka.

The two men, former partners meet face to face in front of a sold out arena... They stare at each other in silence.

Gillie: The two would battle for 46 minutes, in a very measured, very strategic matchup of great rivals. They knew each other move for move. Asaka would eventually fall after a brutal powerbomb dropped him on top of his head. ...But it was the precursor for what was to come next. In the eyes of those in charge, after record turnouts to see it the first time, the powers that be decided a rematch was in the cards.

Yoshio: The first match.... it was very... careful. Neither of us wanted to lose. Tough match, yes, but... it was more like feeling each other out. The rematch was almost the opposite. It wasn't that we couldn't lose. We had to win. There was no holding back.

Gillie: That rematch happened a little over a month later, during the Champion's Carnival... Hey.

Gillie suddenly turns to the camera.

Gillie: Do you want to feel like a champion? We can help with that. Have that championship feeling delivered right to your door every month with the Plunder Pack. Plunder Pack is a subscription based service that sends shirts, Funko Pops, toys, posters, DVDs and other goodies to your door every month just on time. Every single one of these items is guaranteed to make you feel like you just spiked someone’s head on the mat with an Atom’s Glow. Probably someone with a cool blonde stripe in their hair...

Kaoru: Speaking of Atom’s Glow for somebody, where did you get my baby picture?

Gillie: A historian never gives her sources. Which happen to be your brother.

Kaoru: Of course. I should have known. If you’re watching this Jinsei, put a helmet on next time I come home.

*ahem*

Kaoru: Sorry. Go ahead, Gillie.

Gillie: Um... Right. After that lovely mandated plug which totally has nothing to do with the company’s request in wake up the O.E. incident... Back to your regularly scheduled TWIW...

Quick cut.

Kaoru: I was 7 months old at the time. So of course I had no idea what was going on back then, but when I got a little older, we'd all gather around the TV and of course this tape would end up getting played. Even as I got older still, it would almost turn into a bit of an inside joke, "Oh hey, did you see this one?", and of course, we'd watch it again, me, my father, my brother, mom, and even my sister, back when I could tolerate her. It's a great memory for me, seeing my father out there in the prime of his career, in this fight against Ogre. It was bigger than life. It felt bigger than life. It was like watching giant radioactive monsters fighting though Tokyo, except Godzilla is your father and he wants you to do your homework.

Yoshio: That match... just thinking about it I feel that damn headlock of his... I'll never forget it.

We jump to quick cuts of the match, Stensen in Asaka’s corner at ringside and everything... Everything both men do to each other in the ring and outside of it is absolutely, positively with the intent to harm. The match itself seems to read as part work of art and part complete trainwreck of two human bodies. At one point Kyojin has Asaka in a headlock and the next Asaka lifts him up in a backdrop driver. One moment Asaka has a his hand forward lunging for a Deathclaw and the next moment Ogre has lifted him upward and let him garrote himself over the top rope before he drops him on the back of his head and neck with a suplex. Ogre outright points at Hans before motioning to Asaka and trying to take his head off with a Sunshine Clothesline, Stensen’s own maneuver, setup and all. The end of the match comes after a powerbomb... Wait... Ogre kicked out, but laid on the mat, unmoving.

A second powerbomb however does the job and puts Kyojin down for good.

It is Hans Stensen who is the first in the ring to congratulate the new champion, raising his arm and giving the manliest of hugs.

It was a match to set the standard for all future Triple Crown championship matches to come.

Yoshio: I have 5 things.

The father of Kaoru Asaka holds up his open hand, palm out.

Yoshio: Five moments in my life I will never forget. The day I married my wife... the days my children were born... and that night.

His chuckle breaks through his otherwise gruff look.

Yoshio: And I won't let the other four forget that night either.

Kaoru: I've seen the match easily a hundred times. At least. And I still get goosebumps.

Yoshio: The people willed me to win. As much as I wanted to win, I don't know if I could have done it without them. They cheered so loud. And when they did, I would rise up again. Even in the match, Ogre...

Asaka hits himself in the ear with an open hand, and the clips that follow show various examples.

Yoshio: Paaaan, right in my ear. He knew I heard the voices. He tried to stop that. Now you see..

Asaka shows the cauliflower that has grown since in its place, reminiscing fondly about his beatings.

Yoshio: It used to look a lot nicer. I heard ringing, but I heard the people over that too. They gave me the strength. I needed it too, because he was going to try and beat me with that powerbomb, and almost did. I hit him with one, and that was not even enough. It took two, because he was just that tough.

And that had done the job. Asaka had reached the top of NAPW, a place he would call home for the next 6 months, before the Ogre eventually won back the biggest prize in NAPW.

Yoshio: We could afford to have three children after that. Haha…

Kaoru: Cute, dad.

Hans Stensen: I was there  that night at ringside. I knew it was gonna be a fight, and damned if them two Japanese boys didn't kick the rice outta each other that night. God damn that was good. Got my ol’ gaijin ass all fired up! Woo, boy I tell you, that Ogre even tried to use my lariat, but nobody throws that Sunshine Lariat like me, even now! C’mon and take a run in and lemme show ya! I’m ready to throw down right now just thinkin’ about that night!

Gillie: His excitement was shown for sure, being the first one in the ring to celebrate the new champion. While the actual whereabouts of the Triple Crown championship belt are unknown, Asaka still has the giant trophy given to him that night as the ultimate reminder of his ultimate accomplishment in the squared circle.. It sits proudly displayed in a case in the family room at the Asaka's home in Akasaka.

Kaoru: Mom has tried to get him to put it somewhere else. For years. "Put it in the gym with the rest!" she'd yell. She’s suggested storage, even just taking over my room with the thing, which… well, wasn’t happening with me in it. Probably won’t happen with me out of it either, knowing my father.

Yoshio: It will go when I go. And I’m not going anytime soon.

The camera returns to Gillie back in the studio, holding up a faded photo of Yoshio Asaka with one hand raised by Hans Sensen and the other holding the NAPW Heavyweight championship. She offers it to Kaoru to hang up next to the line of framed legends of wrestling.

Kaoru: This is quite a collection… a lot of history on this wall here… I”m honored to be able to be able to put my father, and my family up here for all time. Even Ogre Kyojin, for all the battles with and against him.. His memory deserves it as well.

Kaoru hangs the frame up on the wall, before rubbing at her eye a bit…

Kaoru: They seem to be a little.. Dusty though.. Yeah… dust… that’s it.

Gillie: Dust? But I dust them like once a-- Oh. Right. Yeah. They are pretty dusty aren’t they. Yoshio Asaka... For your achievements alongside Ogre Kyojin and standing on the mountaintop of professional wrestling... Making the squared circle your second home and a place for many generations to come to follow behind you. WE SALUTE YOU! My name is Gillie Barnes... And for my co-host Fast Track champion Kaoru Asaka... this has been “This Week In Wrestling”. Until next time, Faithful.

Fade to black.

Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 10:53:34 pm »

Staten Island's Finest

The camera crackles to life, the telltale sound of static is heard before the scene comes into focus. As the camera comes to life, the scene that greets the viewers can only be described as a sad state of affairs. The front of what appears to be a typical Mom and Pop corner store looks like it has seen better days. The paint is peeling from several places along all sides of the building and the roof looks to have seen better days as it is in need of repair. In the windows, various price signs and advertisements for everything ranging from alcohol to cigarettes act as beacons to draw customers inside. As the camera keeps its focus on the storefront, a female voice is heard just out of view.

“Such a shame. This was once a proud institution of this neighborhood. But as time went on, people came in less and less. The customers were drawn here because they understood the value of supporting the community and those who were trying to make a living. But like all things, they change. Small towns were replaced by big cities. Small stores like this were replaced by big box stores. And the value of community pride and accomplishment? Gone out the window.”

The figure that the voice belonged to stepped into frame, and was revealed to be none other than Valerie McKinley. The redhead glances back at the camera with a cheshire cat like grin.

Valerie: Sound familiar? This little comparison should be ringing some bells with certain people.

She begins to motion around at her surroundings with her arms.

Valerie: People are probably wondering why I, a privileged girl from Rhode Island would even set foot in what could only be called lower class surroundings. To be honest, I’M not even sure why I’m, for lack of a better word, slumming it. There just so happens to be a method to my madness.

She motions for the camera to follow her as she walks around the corner and stops. Seated on the rickety front steps of the store is a presumably homeless man. Dressed in well worn shoes, faded and tattered sweatpants, and a white tshirt that appears to be two sizes too small due to the fact that it barely fits over his large, protruding stomach. Perched on his head, covering a grey matted mess that is his hair is a red baseball cap with “Make America Great Again” written in white. Valerie flinches a bit before clearing her throat.

Valerie: Excuse me, sir. I was wondering if I could have a moment of your time.

Homeless Man: Ain’t got nothing but time.

Valerie: Excellent. What I’m doing is collecting some research. I’m out gathering public opinion on something that is very important to this particular area of the country. Would you be willing to answer a few questions?

Homeless Man: What’s in it for me?

Valerie sighs as she reaches into her pocket and pulls out a crisp one hundred dollar bill. Holding it up, she sees the man’s eyes light up like a Christmas tree and his hands reach out.

Valerie: Not so fast. You answer a couple of simple questions, and you’ll get this and probably eat for a month.

Homeless Man: Deal.

Valerie: Excellent. Now, since this is relevant to our location, I was wondering if I could get your opinion on one...Angelina Fantastica.

The man’s pudgy face scrunches up a bit, as if he was in thought.

Homeless Man; She’s a gorgeous girl. Damn cute to look at. And that ass….LORD have mercy.

Valerie bites her tongue.

Valerie: Yes yes, that’s all well and good. But what about her wrestling abilities? Aren’t they impressive?

Homeless Man: Who cares? When she looks like that, skills don’t matter. Though she does have a good mouth…..

Valerie cuts him off.

Valerie: MOVING ON….so basically what you’re saying is that all you care about is what she looks like and what she can do with her mouth, NOT about her wrestling abilities. Is that true?

Homeless Man: Mud wrestling, maybe.

Valerie: Well how about this. What if Angelina isn’t what she appears to be?

Homeless Man: Huh?

Valerie: What if I told you that she was using this…..this landfill known as Staten Island as a cover? That she was really...oh...Puerto Rican-American?

It was as if a lightbulb, however dim it may be, went off over his head.

Homeless Man: Do WHAT? She ain’t no real American?

Valerie: Even though Puerto Rico is an American territory…..you are correct.

Homeless Man: This is EXACTLY the type of thing Trump was talking about. We should have had that wall built years ago to keep trash like that out of this sacred island. She should be ashamed of herself for calling herself Staten Island proud. Throw her into the ocean where she belongs.

Valerie: So I take it you are not a fan?

Homeless Man: I ain’t no fan of some jezebel who probably don’t speak no English who thinks she can get by on looks. I hope she’s on Trump’s deportation list real soon.

The man is going on and on about how she is a bane for America and Staten Island, all the while Valerie is biting her tongue to keep from grinning.

Valerie: Thank you, sir. You have been quite helpful.

She makes like she is about to turn and leave before the man calls out to her.

Homeless Man: Hey! What about my money?

Valerie looks at the man, then at the money that was still in her hand, then back at the man and scoffs.

Valerie: On second thought…...naaahhh. You’d probably spend it on booze, drugs or more Republican propaganda. Deuces.

With that, she turns on her heel and walks back where she came from. Once out of sight of the rambling man, she slides the money back into her pocket and simply smirks at the camera.

Valerie: Looks like the crazy old guy has a point. There is plenty more where that came from. Adios…….princess.

With that, she blows a kiss at the camera and walks off as the scene cuts out, fading to black.

As Future Shock returns from the break, the show doesn’t head into the arena. But instead, we are taken to a hotel pool with two pedestals rising into the air. A pair of ladders lead up to the top of those pedestals as the Boston night sky provides the backdrop.

Zack: Welcome back, folks. Coming up is a challenge that’s always been extremely popular with Future Shock fans, that being water joust! After Destiny, Andi Takata wanted a rematch with Casey Atherton...the self-professed champion of this event. Well she’s about to get it.

Lyn: The last time they went through this, it left a bitter taste in Takata’s mouth that she looks to spit out tonight.

The next thing we see is Andi Takata, decked out in a neptune colored bikini, with a look of determination across her face. She heads up the ladder without wasting a step, making it to the top of the pedestal and picking up her pugil stick. She starts swinging it around a bit, seemingly loosening up at the same time.

Zack: Andi’s looking focused. I think she was really offended the way this ended at Destiny, and she looks ready to do some damage up there. Impressive she finds a swimsuit that matches her hair too.

Lyn: I’d bet you anything she has a thousand articles of clothing to match her hair. Even, dare I say it suspenders and lederhosen.

The next thing we hear (before we see it) are members of the Future Shock Choir heading out of the hotel in their black and blue robes with bright orange water wings. One of them is carrying a boombox on his shoulder as they dance out to the pool with “She’s Got The Whole World In Her Hands” blaring. Another member of the Choir is wearing an inflatable duck around his waist for floating in the pool. They form a path to the ladder as Casey emerges, dressed as though she were going to Sunday School as she heads towards the ladder.

Lyn: So instead of Casey walking on water, a human ladder has formed to let her prestigious self walk through the cold hydration of sin to... I can’t even do it. I just...  I cannot.

Zack: They are banned from this, this won’t be allowed. The Choir has been barred from this, folks. I’m being told security is on their way out now.

Zack was right as members of security came out of the hotel, outnumbering the Choir in this case. Casey had made her way to the top of the pedestal as security began ushering the Choir back inside the hotel. As they did though, several members of the Choir asked for donations as one of them stole the wallet of one of the security guys, hiding it behind his inflatable duck floaty as they were taken inside.

Lyn: This is why I’m a Buddhist. All of this is why.

Casey looks none too happy as she watches the official help security escort her Choir to the hotel. She pulls something from her top, and proceeds to pour a bottle of something all over the blunt end of her pugil stick. When the official comes back, he blows the whistle to start the match. Andi tries to tell the official what she just saw Casey doing, that was until the redhead started firing shots at her with the pugil stick. Andi got interrupted, and was forced to defend herself. She managed to parry a few of the shots, and dodge them. One or two caught her on the hip before Andi began firing back with shots of her own.

Lyn: ...I don’t like this, Zack. The choir is heading back but Casey has poured some sort of substance... Liquid, on that pugil stick.

Zack: I have no idea what that is, but I don’t think it’s going to matter too much. Look at Andi, she’s a woman on a mission!

Andi’s face seemed to smell something in the air as Casey lobbed shots at her. But Takata blocked and countered fairly well, swiping Casey’s pugil stick away. The space princess began to pelt her with shots in the ribs that cause Casey to wobble briefly before Andi went for a head shot. But Atherton kept her balance until she got caught upside the head with one. The fans in the Center cheered that as Andi twirled her pugil stick like a majorette, and then connected with a spinning backswing that nearly sent Casey backwards. She staggered, trying to keep her balance as Andi had managed to push her towards the edge of her pedestal.

Zack: I think Andi’s been practicing, look at that shot! I’ve not seen that one, and neither has Atherton! I think she’s on the brink already!

Lyn: She’s about to take a baptism of the worst variety here!

Andi went for a knockout shot, but Casey managed to avoid it when she got her balance again. The first Future Shock Champion kicked the stick away, causing Andi to almost drop it and giving Casey a chance to unload with a series of shots herself. As Andi tried to get control of her stick, Casey unloaded with rapid fire shots to her body one after another, causing her to stumble by the time she got control of the stick. Casey started driving the pugil stick down repeatedly on top of her head, or at least trying to do so. She caught Andi solid with one shot, sending her over as Takata tipped over the side. She managed to grab onto the ledge with one hand. She was out of Casey’s reach as she struggled to pull herself back up with her pugil stick in the other hand.

Zack: Casey is damn good at this event, and she’s knocked Andi over the edge. But Takata’s holding on for dear life over there. Luckily for her, she’s out of Casey’s reach right now.

Lyn: Atherton now, trying to convince Takata that she should just do a trust fall with God... Someone tell Casey she’s not Andi’s supervisor.

Casey told her to trust in the Lord and let go, not that Andi was listening as she was managing to pull herself back up. This made the redhead shake her head as she reached into her top, producing another item and pulling her pugil stick to her afterwards. As soon as Casey rubbed something against the stick itself and then let it fall onto the wet end of her stick, it was all too clear what the liquid was from earlier. It was very clear, thanks to the blunt end of Casey’s pugil stick...burst into flames!!

Lyn: .......OH WHAT THE HELL MAN. IT’S A WATER EVENT ATHERTON! WATER! JOUSTING! EVENT!

Zack: That was lighter fluid she was pouring on that stick! Look at the flames licking the end of that stick!

Andi managed to pull herself up finally, and seemed relieved till she saw a flaming pugil stick start swinging for her head. Takata’s eyes widened like saucers as she immediately began doing everything in her power to avoid getting hit with the fire. The official on the ground screamed at Casey to put the stick out (as odd as that sounded). But Atherton continued to aim for Andi’s head with a look of anger on her face.

Zack: Andi’s forgotten about fighting back, she’s just trying to avoid a visit to the burn unit of the local hospital! Atherton’s aiming for her head!

Lyn: I thought Atherton was dangerous when she was teaming with McCloud and Starla had to rein her in but this... We’ve gone to new levels of madness.

Casey fired a swing towards her hips this time, but Andi managed to jump over it. She returned fire (figuratively) with her own shot to Casey’s wrist that caused Atherton to lose her grip (literally). The flaming pugil stick was knocked out of her hand to the pool below as Casey tried to grab it without success. When she looked back over to Andi now unarmed, Casey’s eyes were quite wide now.

Lyn: The fire’s out and there’s a certain look of abject terror on the face of Atherton that can only be matched by the unrelenting fury on Andi’s.

Zack: You reap what you sow, Casey! Andi’s the only one armed now, and Casey’s a sitting duck!

Andi started firing shots with a fury at Casey’s body, not trying to knock her off so much as pound on her with the pugil stick. Atherton absorbed more than a few shots to the delight of the crowd. She landed shots on her head, her body, and even a couple to her knees. Atherton was extremely wobbly now, teetering over the edge of her pedestal as Andi twirled the pugil stick in front of her with increasing speed!

Zack: I think we’re about to see the final blow, and there’s not a damn thing Casey can do about it!

Lyn: The Space Pricess is about to bring the pain!

Andi raised the pugil stick high above her head with both hands until a pair of arms wrapped around her waist from behind. They lifted her off her feet, and shook her violently. Blue hair and limbs jerked back and forth until the camera finally got a close up to see who it was.

Zack: Good Lord, what the hell…..who in God’s name is up there with Andi?!

The woman shook Andi violently, and threw her off the pedestal with ease to the water below. Andi made quite a splash into the water as the camera looked back up to see Casey staring across with wide eyes at…

Lyn: AVANTASIA BOM! ...Oh sweet mercy that means…

Zack: Adam said a while back that their suspension was about up, and they’re back!!

Two more people poured out of the exit of the hotel, one cackling like a madman as they looked up to Avantasia Bom. Ji-Hu Myeong rolled her eyes as Max Sato dove into the pool. He swam out to Andi, as though he were a lifeguard and began to drag the woman back to the edge. Andi was shaken up as Max climbed out of the pool, with deafening boos inside the Center. Max rolled a dazed Andi onto her back, getting on his knees at her side with a look of pure elation on his face.

Max: FEEL MY SATO SPIRIT-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sato leaned down, and began to give Andi mouth to mouth...not that she needed it. He sat back up, looking nearly orgasmic before he leaned down to do it again!

Lyn: I hope the hotel Andi’s staying at has a box of toothpaste at the ready. She’s going to likely make a special request..

Security poured back out of the hotel again, pulling Max off Andi as Avantasia headed back down the ladder. She took a swing at a couple of them as Max was pulled away by the waist, screaming at the top of his lungs!

Zack: Thank God security made it back out there so quickly, but not enough! Sato was giving CPR to a woman who didn’t need it, the Max Sato Experience has returned….and no one’s happy about it!

Max: OUR LOVE IS ETERNAL, SHE NEEDS A DOSE OF VITAMIN SATO!!

Lyn: ARE YOU OUT YOUR RABBIT ASS MIND! NOBODY NEEDS NONE OF THAT!!

Ji-Hu left without needing anyone to make her as Avantasia followed after the security dragging Max away, trying to get him free of their grip.

Lyn: Forget the toothpaste. Takata needs a restraining order.

Zack: The Sato Experience is back from suspension, and they’re already ruining everything!

Max screaming for Andi was the last thing seen or heard as Future Shock faded off the air.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:02:17 am by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: