Femme Fatale Wrestling
April 19, 2024, 02:09:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Angelina Feedback

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Angelina Feedback  (Read 195 times)
Fantastica
Femme Fatale
Main Eventer

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 5
« on: June 14, 2017, 03:21:54 pm »

Hey everyone, I feel like I'm in a rut with Angelina's promos, so I'd love to get some feedback on how I can improve that aspect.

As I said on Twitter, face promos are hard and for me, promo writing is one thing I feel like I struggle with, so I'll take any constructive advice on what I can do better.

Thanks in advance!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 05:48:01 pm »

Well you know I love her to bits, so I'm happy to be the first to offer some thoughts as she heads up to the main roster. Of course, story telling will be part of that but I know you can do that well. The one thing with Angelina, at least for me, is passion. Reading her stuff against Valerie, it didn't feel like she was as impassioned as she has been leading up to it. It kinda reminded me of the Paige vs. Charlotte feud, where Paige brought up her deceased brother and there was a big fight. Then the match came around with no emotion to it whatsoever.

With Angelina being who she is, I feel she should be full of passion because that's how I understand her. This is all in her blood, so I'd suggest bringing out that emotion when needed. Many is the time I have read shoots that didn't feel like the wrestler was all that compelled to be in the ring. Normally she shows that well, this was the only time I recall it feeling like it's lacking.

The only other thing I'd suggest is something I'd tell most anyone. When you're facing characters you aren't too famiiiar with, read the shoots of other opponents they've had. It can help you get an idea of who they are if you don't know them, and might inspire some ideas for Angelina or Ruby, for that matter. Luckily, our archives are pretty well organized.

All in all, Angelina was the first of yours I came to know. As a result, she became my favorite among them. Familiarity and all. I think taking those things into account and keeping a lively off cam story going as well should be big bonuses for you and her. You know I'm behind you 100%, and am happy to finally bring her to the big table.
Report Spam   Logged
Cori
Friends of FFW
Legend

What's the scene?

Eighth year Anniversary Level 6 Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 06:13:39 pm »

Face promos are a bitch aren't they? Especially when you are either used to firing off as a heel, do what you feel is your best work as a heel, or just feel... "Restricted". I think personally when it comes to say, the stuff against Valerie... I did read passion. I did read her talking about how she has been the sort of 'down since day one', even dealing with her arm nearly ripped out of her socket, always honest with the fans. In my view the passion was there.

What I think was missing, and what might help is... How to turn some of that passion into a weapon, so to speak. Like a weapon, without going for the absolute jugular. I thought you were going well with the angle of Angelina speaking to Valerie of 'people don't know who you are' but I think you could have turned it into something like...

'You've wasted months trying to run me and my home into the ground and for all your riches and silver spoon up hanging off your lip mija, you've essentially proved what everyone knows about the financially secure of this country. They make their names off the backs of the hard working, the mentally enriched and stay as empty their new condos daddy bought them because that's the only way they've ever learned how to be shown love'. Then go back into that same talk of 'I'd rather be me a thousand days and ways over than ever be you for even a second'.

I hope that made some semblance of sense. <_<
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: