Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 02:53:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

What I've Been Doing....

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What I've Been Doing....  (Read 185 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: July 18, 2017, 02:47:55 pm »

For a little under two weeks, I've been working on a task that I haven't told a lot of people about. However, now that it's done, I intend to do so now. When I opened my feds back in 2010 (FFW) and 2011 (SVW), I was using Photobucket to host all the artwork on the shows and pretty much anywhere else on the boards. Last month, they broke the links to all those images across millions of pages on the web in an effort to collect $400 a year from everyone who was using them. Below is a story if you want to read it for yourself.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/4/15919224/photobucket-broken-images-amazon-ebay-etsy-paid-update

Now I don't have $400 for that purpose. And even if I did, I wouldn't pay them for using what I consider to be extortion. Either way, the task I undertook was to immediately begin moving all that work from the start to another photo service, Imgur. As a result today, all of the FFW, Future Shock PPV & relaunch shows, and SVW PPV posters and artwork have been fully restored. Yes, I went through and changed every link out on both boards.

Why? For one, I hated that broken link that shows now. And two, because we have some of the best graphics artists past and prsent I've ever seen. And their work deserved to be preserved. It took many hours over a few days, but it's done now. I tell you guys all the time how much your time and effort means to me. Hopefully going through all this to restore hundreds of pieces of art our users made is more proof of that.

As always, thank you for your continued support.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: