Femme Fatale Wrestling
April 20, 2024, 04:40:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 26

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 26  (Read 148 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: August 22, 2017, 03:44:34 pm »

Visitors to the FFW site find the latest edition of After Shock awaiting them. After clicking the play button to start the video, they find Jake Chandler sitting in front of the Future Shock logo poster on a green screen. As always, he’s sat on the deep purple sofa. Also sat next to the purple sofa is an end table with a fish bowl with a goldfish. As Jake drops a couple flakes into the top, the goldfish immediately heads for the surface.

Jake: Hello again, everybody! Jake & Gary here after what was a pretty wild night at Future Shock Wipeout in Tampa. I’m back here in Los Angeles at HQ to cover all the news, and I’ve got a guest about to join me on the sofa. She was there at Wipeout punching out fake lifeguards. Welcome to After Shock, Missy.

The brunette in question walks in with a smile firmly in place. She smooths down the legs of her jeans as she takes a seat on the opposite end of the sofa to Jake.

Missy: A pleasure to be here, Jake. It’s been awhile since I’ve been on After Shock and I can’t think of a better one to be a part of. Wipeout was something else wasn’t it?

Jake: It certainly had a little bit of everything. Replays will be available on Pay Per View for the next week or so, if anyone watching missed it. It’s Future Shock’s annual beach event, and we’ll be digging into it before discussing the next show. Missy, let’s start with Gary’s favorite match and that was the main event.

Missy: Oh boy. What a main event that was too. Beforehand I was 50/50 on who I thought would win. There’s no doubt that both women wanted it and both are extremely talented. There was a couple of points in the match when I thought Bianca was going to take it, but I really wasn’t surprised when Anna retained. That woman just steam rollers through her opponents like a tank!

Jake: Anna’s still the Future Shock Champion, and we already know who’s next on her title defense list. One former champion is still owed her rematch, and that’s the current co-holder of the FFW Unity titles and a Hall of Famer, Andi Takata! She will definitely be the most experienced challenger Anna will have defended against. The BSX seem to attract titles too.

Missy: There could possibly be some cosmic factors in play there. I think the match between Anna and Andi will be one that will end up being talked about long after it happens. Just like with Bianca and Anna, both women are determined, talented and a force to be reckoned with. I really think that is going to end up being extremely tight.

Jake: We also saw two tag matches at Wipeout. One determined who would meet the Max Sato Experience in the finals of the Future Shock Tag Title tournament. And the other had the Max Sato Experience facing Andi & Bianca Reed...and a barrel. What did you make of both of those matches?

Missy: With the first tag match, I had honestly expected to see Mallory and Gillie with their hands raised there. So I was a little surprised when NHB took the win. Not taking anything away from them of course, because they earned that win. Mallory and Gillie are quite the hurdle to jump so major kudos to NHB. Now if they can beat the Sato Experience they will make the whole of Future Shock and fans watching happy! With the second tag match… well, I don’t think my history with Bianca Reed is anything close to a secret. So if I’m cheering her and her team on then you know just how bad the other team are! I don’t think I was alone in being frustrated to see Sato Experience win. One thing that I think most people will take away from that match though is to leave well enough alone and not to go peeking in barrels that don’t concern you.

Jake: I think we should be glad it was full of 4 Loko Ayano with a cup of roaches rather than a barrel full of those things. It certainly kept Max occupied the whole match, but also proved that his team can get the job done without him, which has been a criticism they’ve received.

Missy: I don’t know about that, Jake. I personally would have been rather amused to see Max go head first into a full barrel of cockroaches. They did prove they can win without him… once. The question is whether that is a one off or if they continue to do it without him. I think they’d be better off without him.

Jake: I do agree about Mallory & Gillie, but it doesn’t take them out of the hunt. I’m sure if there are some rankings somewhere in Adam’s office, they have to be near the top for getting as far as they did. But either way, tell them about the Jet Ski Challenge, please.

Missy: That challenge. Well, it was more of a dodge the choir members challenge than jet ski wasn’t it? Talk about dedication. I’m not sure I’d willingly stick my head in the path of an oncoming jet ski, but they don’t strike me as the type to exercise much independent thinking. The NERF guns took me by surprise, although I don’t know why. I’ve seen enough challenges now that I really should expect the unexpected. They never run as smoothly as intended.

Jake: It is rare, but maybe one day one will go according to plan without something going off the rails. How did you feel about Sienna and Alicia Garland’s match for an Aspire Ring shot?

Missy: That was… hmm. A rollercoaster really from start to finish. I thought Sienna might actually blow a gasket when Alicia was screaming at Cory, but to be fair, he shouldn’t have gotten himself involved. I don’t blame Alicia for being peeved with him at that, but she went on to win anyway. I think this was possibly the strangest match of the night, but that’s maybe to be expected with two cr--, less than all their competitors.

Jake: The fans didn’t seem to know who to support, they may have just been hoping for a giant meteor to hit the ring during that one. I know we are both friends with Caitlyn Storm. How proud were you for her victory against Ignis, and finally putting the FireShock Sisters behind her and Mandy?

Missy: I don’t think proud begins to describe it. Caitlyn seems to be going from strength to strength and she is awesome to watch in action. Even with Seth up to his shenanigans she still managed to beat Ignis for the second time. I’m sure both Caitlyn and Mandy will be glad to have the FireShock Sisters behind them finally. They’ve been a bit of a thorn in their side for a while now.

Jake: Last but certainly not least was the return to the ring for Gaby Crimson when she faced a woman….who in 3 matches...has deemed herself the “Franchise of Future Shock” Valerie McKinley.

Missy: Considering how long Gaby has been out of the ring, she looked awesome. I wouldn’t have guessed she’d had such a long break if I didn’t know. Valerie is certainly making a name for herself but it’s only been three matches. I’ve never been big on people deeming themselves whatever.. But at the moment at least she is backing up everything she says. I guess it’s just a matter of whether she keeps it up.

Jake: She’s caught the attention of Kyle Kilmeade, who ended up representing her. He was first out to congratulate her as well as apparently introduce Future Shock to Lacey. We also saw the debut of Lydia Charisma, who Adam has been after for some time. And well...she got introduced to Kyle and Lacey too.

Missy: I’ve never had any personal dealings with Kyle Kilmeade, and I’m happy to keep it that way. I’ve seen Lydia in action over at SVW and it’s no surprise really that Adam wanted her. He has an eye for talent and is great at getting them to come to Future Shock. Lacey.. well, I’ll kinda reserve judgement on her for now. Although her reaction at being upstaged already puts her a mark in the con column with me. I’ve said it before, if you’re confident enough in your own abilities you shouldn’t be concerned with whoever else is in the spotlight on the same night.

Jake: Isn’t that very similar to the way your friend, Scarlett Silver, acts? I mean she certainly likes to be the center of attention, and will even take time out during matches to make sure she’s getting the crowd’s attention.

Missy: And if you’ve seen my reaction to that, you’ll know my thoughts on it. I’m the first to give her a smack upside the head when she needs one.

Jake: Remember that picture of you dressed like a zebra and wearing big glasses? Adam told me she sent that to him to help promote your appearance on After Shock this week.

Missy: That really doesn’t surprise me and I will be having words with her about that, trust me. Might be time for me to start pulling out a few embarrassing pictures she doesn’t want to come to light...

Jake: That’s your choice. How do you feel about Kelly Fury? She’ll be at the Sydney show on November 14 against Jessica Anderson!

Missy: Who doesn’t like Kelly? I think both Kelly and Jessica are awesome and I can’t wait to see them go up against each other. I think without even seeing the rest of the card for that night that they will be in contention for match of the night!

Jake: We’ll see, there’s a bit of time yet before we get to that show. Next on the agenda for Future Shock will be the 26th episode since the relaunch back in Boston at the Future Shock Arena. I have the full card here, but I also know we’ll be meeting the newest Prospect that night as well, Tara Cortez. Apparently she was discovered by your manager, Christian.

Missy: I saw a couple of tweets about Tara on Twitter, but I really don’t know anything about her yet. Just like everyone else. If Christian discovered her though, she has to have something going for her.

Jake: In the main event of the show, we’ll see Harley Shannon in her third Aspire Ring defense against Mandy Gray. Harley’s just one win away from cashing in, and going to Sydney to be the first Prospect ever to challenge for the Future Shock Championship. Even though she says she’s taking it one match at a time, the possibility of challenging in Sydney as the first Prospect to get the chance….it’s gotta weigh on her mind.

Missy: Definitely. Something that big, no matter how hard you try not to focus on it, will be there in the back of her mind. Having just faced Mandy recently myself, I know that Harley is in no way in for an easy defence. Not that she’s had easy defences so far… well, except for the obvious exception. I think it’s going to be a close call with these two. It will all come down to who wants in more on the night. 

Jake: In the case of the second defense, i mean no one is getting paid by the hour. If you can win your match in 28 seconds, why not go for it? As it turns out, that would be Freya’s last match in Future Shock soon to be followed by her first and last match in FFW. Hopefully she’ll be happy somewhere else, because she certainly wasn’t here nor with Adam who she berated frequently.

Missy: You can’t blame Harley in the slightest for going for the quick win while she had the chance. It is extremely rare in this business to get a match you can end, cleanly, in 28 seconds. I said at the time, if I lost a match in that length of time I’d retire, leave the country and go somewhere where nobody has TV’s or knows what wrestling is. Freya seemed to decide that Adam was to blame for everything that was wrong with her career, rather than looking at herself. I guess Adam made for an easy scapegoat. He’s one of the fairest bosses I ever worked for and I’ve never heard anyone else complain much about him, so….

Jake: Well it won’t be an issue for her anymore. Also that night, we are going to see the debut of Lacey in a Future Shock ring when she goes one on one with “Poison” Rose Gardner. And if I know Rose, there’ll be something planned for that. She was dressed up as Totodile from Pokemon for the last challenge, after all. Lacey has a tall task ahead, I think.

Missy: Rose is definitely a unique individual and it’s always fun to watch what she comes up with in her matches. A little break from the norm really. What does kinda stick out to me here though. After the teasers for Lacey’s arrival with all the wilted and dying roses, I hope that’s not some kind of omen for what the real life Rose has in store.

Jake: And finally, we’ll have what FFW calls an Unlikely Allies tag match on the show. That’s when two partners who aren’t really known for working together or never have find themselves working together. On one side, we have Casey Atherton, the “Savior of Future Shock” determined to bring the Lord to the brand. She’ll be teaming with Angel….who isn’t exactly a religious kinda girl. What do you make of that team?

Missy: I’ve been in a few tag matches like this before in the past… Angel really doesn’t strike me as the type to play well with others and Casey is.. Well Casey. I really can’t imagine those two working well together at all. I’d be less surprised seeing Angel trying to choke Casey with that piano wire of hers.

Jake: On the other side of the ring, you’ll have Britt Kane joining forces with Kaya Crimson. As you know, Kaya’s jewelry went missing again at Wipeout almost immediately after it was returned. Of course, the Choir claims they had nothing to do with it. Kaya and Britt both have some unfinished business with the opposition though.

Missy: I think Britt and Kaya will likely work better together than Angel and Casey do, but stranger things have happened. Especially since both Britt and Kaya have issues with a member of the opposing team. I predict chaos though, especially since wherever Casey goes, so does that damn choir of hers and we’ve all seen the lengths they’ll go to for Casey.

As Missy finishes her thought, a production assistant wheels in what is clearly the new Future Shock Cup. It looks to be a couple feet tall, and the silver and gold shine brightly under the lights.

Jake: Look at that! That’s the Future Shock Cup this year, made of sterling silver and 24 karat gold. I understand we’ll find out how it will be decided on the next show. Six Prospects will have the chance, and three have been announced: Sienna Moore, Gillie Barnes, and the woman who has already claimed it...Valerie McKinley.

Missy: That beauty makes me almost wish I was still a Prospect! It’s going to be interesting to find out how it is going to work and the other three Prospects who are going to get the chance. The three that have been announced so far all have their own individual strengths. I think it might be a little early for Valerie to be claiming it, especially given the other two that have been announced so far. Can’t fault her confidence though.

Jake: The prize that comes with it is pretty awesome too. The winner this year has the choice of taking a Future Shock Championship match or bypassing graduation polls and taking herself straight up to the FFW roster. Not to mention they get to keep that Cup forever, and it’s worth a little over fifteen grand, from what I was told.

Missy: Personally I think the monetary value of the Cup means very little in comparison to the accomplishment behind winning it. I know its dollar value wouldn’t be forefront of my mind, but I guess there are some who would focus on that. The choice of prizes are spectacular, both open up doors that most Prospects dream of getting the chance to even knock on.

Jake: The Future Shock Cup has been an annual tradition since 2012 in FFW. Each year, the criteria to capture it changes in some way so I suspect that’ll be the case this year too. I don’t think the prize has been any bigger than this one though for whichever Prospect gets it. I remember last year, Andi Takata wanted it to have when she ate her cereal. I guess you could use it for that too. I just use a bowl myself.

Missy: A change is as good as a holiday they say. So it makes sense to change up the criteria, keep everyone on their toes and keep the excitement building for it. I think I remember seeing Andi mention that. It would make for a rather expensive cereal bowl, but I can imagine it would be the best bowl… or Cup of cereal ever. Especially since it would mean you’d won it!

Jake: All that, and I’m sure we’ll start hearing more details on Future Shock Resistance. That’ll be the final Future Shock Pay Per View of 2017 in Providence, Rhode Island on October 21st in the Dunkin Donuts Center. Coincidentally, that also happens to be where Valerie McKinley is from too. I’ll be curious to hear if she and Kyle get any kind of warm reception.

Missy: Resistance holds a special place for me, since I had my debut match at Resistance last year. As for Valerie and Kyle… stranger things have happened, I guess.

Jake: Circle those calendars for September 12 when Future Shock returns to Boston for the next edition. There’s never any telling what will happen on that show, but you know some of what you can expect at least. Gary and I would like to thank our special guest, Missy, for joining me today for this particular show. And we’ll see you in Beantown on the 12th as Future Shock rolls towards Resistance! Any final thoughts for the viewers, Missy?

Missy: If you haven’t already watched Wipeout, do it now! You won’t regret it, I promise.

Jake: Not to mention if you want to see Missy put her hand on David Hasselhoff. One of the assistants said it kinda turned him on what you did….

Missy: Oh, you have to be kidding me...

The show cuts to a recap of Missy decking Hasselhoff from the opening of Wipeout before it faded to black.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 10:15:12 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: