Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 29, 2024, 04:00:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 27

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 27  (Read 136 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: September 15, 2017, 11:35:45 pm »

Visitors to the FFW site find the latest edition of After Shock awaiting them. After clicking the play button to start the video, they find Jake Chandler sitting in front of the Future Shock logo poster on a green screen. As always, he’s sat on the deep purple sofa. Also sat next to the purple sofa is an end table with a fish bowl with a goldfish. As Jake drops a couple flakes into the top, the goldfish immediately heads for the surface.

Jake: Hi there, everyone! Welcome to the latest edition of After Shock. We’re just coming off the latest episode this past Tuesday, which saw many announcements made as well as much more. Today, I’m joined by one of the women from that show who became the second woman ever to fulfill the Aspire Ring requirements for a Future Shock title match behind Cereza. Talk about irony since they were the last two in the battle royal to crown the first Ring bearer. Welcome to Harley Shannon!

The flame haired woman waved to the camera as she momentarily bit her lip.

Harley: Hi Jake. Awesome to be here tonight to talk all things Future Shock and thank you for inviting me. And I know right? Kinda crazy to think that her and I were the last two in the battle royal and we’re the first two to get into a position where we can cash the ring in; that we’ve both chosen to go after the Future Shock Champion with it too. I guess… if I’m gonna follow - sorta follow in the footsteps of someone, Cereza’s a pretty good choice given the things that she’s accomplished and praise that she’s received.

There was a momentary pause from Harley.

Harley: Though I’m hopefully going to beat the Future Shock Champion at the first time...hopefully. Going to give it my best shot when we get to Sydney, Australia in November.

Jake: Cereza had a Herculean task ahead of her with Isis, who remains the most dominant champion in the history of the brand. But it could be argued that your task is bigger, because Anna is the woman who beat Isis ultimately, along with my girlfriend, Mallory. So basically in Sydney, you face the Isis-killer for her title.

Harley: No Pressure.

She smirked and shook her head with a huge smile.

Harley: Undoubtedly Anna is a very dangerous wrestler with a competitive streak a mile long and a mile wide. Her hands could pretty much be considered lethal weapons … like they’re two blocks of pig iron on the ends of her arms just ready to ring a gals bell and turn off the lights. But she’s not invincible. She has lost inside that ring and I think I’ve shown the last couple of weeks and months that I can be just as dangerous as she can be; no reason why I can’t beat her; no reason I can’t leave Australia with the Future Shock Championship. It’s going to be one Hell of a match to be a part of and to witness.

Jake: Definitely a suitable main event when we go to Sydney in November. And congratulations again on your achievement, something you can add to your list of accomplishments win or lose. Let’s talk a bit about the rest of the show. What did you make of the match between the debuting Lacey and “Poison” Rose Gardner? Lacey arrived at Wipeout, and definitely left an impression...mostly on Lydia Charisma’s back.

Harley: Lacey didn’t like that Lydia supposedly stole “her” spotlight at Wipeout and made sure the Six String Sinner knew all about it with that Cat O’ Nine Tails - which you don’t see all that often really, not when you think about it. Though it looks like Lacey pretty much has a doctorate in how to use one after we saw the marks still all over Lydia’s back when she came out to watch Tuesday night, something Lacey let distract her and give Rose Gardner an opening. Up until then Lacey was wrestling a pretty good match; she’d been impressive up to that part and was in control in her debut. Like him or not - and he can be a pretty obnoxious guy even when he’s trying to be pleasant - Kyle signs more hits than he does misses. Maybe if Lacey had stayed on her opponent it would’ve turned out to a highly successful debut too. But “Poison” Rose Gardner isn’t a woman that you wanna ever give even a half opening to - she’ll take full advantage of that. I’ll admit the whole thing with the hammer and the dress went a little over my head but… the fans seemed to love it and it was enough to throw Lacey off her game.

Jake: That was a video game cosplay, Harley. I’m sure you’ve heard of Sonic the Hedgehog. The character she came out as was from the Sonic games. A pink hedgehog named Amy Rose, who uses a hammer as her signature weapon who has a...hedgehog crush on Sonic.

Harley nodded her head.

Harley: Cool… I mean like I said before I took on Mandy, I’m not really a gamer. Heard of Sonic, obviously, but Amy Rose is a new one on me. And I guess even Hedgehogs want love and wanna have little speedy pink and blue hedgehog families.

Jake: Sounds about right. What did you think of the tag match we see? An Unlikely Allies match where Britt Kane and Kaya Crimson came up short against Angel and Casey Atherton. Do you think Future Shock needs a Savior, as Casey seems to feel?

Another smile came across Harley’s feature.

Harley: Future Shock seemed to be doing pretty well before she got here and is continuing to go from strength to strength in spite of her and her acolytes trying to fleece anything that moves for a ‘donation’. As for the tag match, I really enjoyed it; Kaya and Britt seemed to be the more coherent of the two teams but in the face of two experienced veterans who had a wealth of tag team experience behind them it was always going to really difficult for them. They’re probably both really disappointed that they lost the match, probably a little pissed off and angry too. Losing sucks and as a rookie trying to make a name for yourself doubly so. But, when that passes and they look back at this I’m sure they’ll both take a lot of positives from it. And I’m sure they’ll be doubly motivated when they face Casey and Angel one on one respectively.

Jake: We also had a massive list of announcements from Adam on the show that night. I’m not going to run through them all, because it’d take a while. You can see the clip on our YouTube channel. Harley, any of those announcements he made in particular catch your interest?

Harley: Like you said, there was a lot of them. He covered an awful lot of ground, touching on everything from the Future Shock cup through to Resistance in October and the huge Sydney Supershow. Obviously, I’ve got an interest in the Future Shock Cup given I could, possibly, if the planets align, meet the winner and we found out Tuesday that Rose Gardner and Britt Kane will battle it out next time out in a pre-qualifier; the winner going to meet Sienna to qualify for a triple threat match in Sydney. The other two qualifiers for that Triple Threat are going to be Gillie against ji-Hu and Caitlyn Storm against Valerie McKinley and as a fan, I’m salivating at the prospect of those matches. But wait! He also announced Future Shock’s first ever Last Woman Standing match between Bianca Salvador and Andi Takata at Resistance. For me, that match alone is enough to order Resistance and honest to God, it really is just the tip of the iceberg. If you’ve not seen, then as soon as we’re done here go watch those announcements on Youtube.

She paused and seemed to think for a second, breaking out into a smile.

Harley: Then go order my poster if you haven’t already got one.

Jake: I’d do all of the above personally. The final thing I want to touch, Harley, is Tara Cortez. The #10StarProspect we got to meet for the first time with her manager, Christian KIncaid. What do you make of her?

Harley: She seems to be a really interesting addition to Future Shock - especially if she’s learned things as fast as she says she has. Christian certainly seems to be very big on her, describing her as possibly the most talented student he’s ever had which is definitely saying something giving the wrestlers that he’s mentored in FFW - people like Kelly Kincaid, Leona Vega - and as a manager he’s got a pretty impressive client list too. I think that marks her out as someone you should definitely pay plenty of attention too.

Jake: I understand we’ll be hearing from her again on the next show, where we’ll find out when we can see her in the ring for the first time. I’m looking forward to it. I’ve seen her at the Future Shock Center in LA when I’ve visited. I’m no talent scout, so I can’t judge if she’s anything special. But I do know she’s been preparing for this opportunity for over a year working out there. I guess CK saw something that really stood out to him.

Harley: CK’s proven that he’s no fool when it does come to talent evaluation. I guess time will tell if she’s going to be a diamond in the rough or just a piece of glass that caught the light… but CK’s track record would suggest it’s more likely that he’s unearthed another gem.

Jake: Also on that show, the Future Shock Cup qualifiers will kick off when we see Caitlyn Storm meet Valerie McKinley. Valerie is, to this point, undefeated and holds a win over a two time Future Shock Champion in Gabrielle Crimson. She’ll meet a woman who is pretty close to undefeated in singles matches. Caitlyn’s been super impressive. How do you see the happiest woman I’ve ever known faring against the 1 Percenter?

Harley: Valerie’s done well for herself and has certainly gotten off to a good start in Future Shock; she’s been very impressive and has obviously managed to catch Adam’s attention to be given this chance. Not many people can say they have got wins over a multiple time Future Shock Champion, though it should be remembered that the Wildcat did come into that match having not competed for a long time. Training is all well and good and you can ratchet up the intensity, but it’s no substitute for out and out competition. Still, McKinley’s done a great job building momentum. Caitlyn has one loss against her name… which happens to be me, so I can tell you that she can really kick the living daylights out of ya. When she really goes for it, it’s like getting kicked by a horse - NO. Scratch that, it’s like being kicked by a bucking rodeo bull. She’s super tough too. The 1 Percenter will be in for a really long night and I can guarantee that the next morning she’ll wake up knowing that she’s been in a fight - she may wanna fly in her own personal masseuse to help her deal with the aftermath. I think this is easily going to be Valerie’s biggest challenge to date and she’s going to have to pull out every single stop and empty out her full bag of tricks if she’s going to advance to the Cup final.

Jake: We’ll also see Britt Kane and “Poison” Rose Gardner going toe to toe for the last spot in the qualifiers for the Cup. Adam said he was going to give it to the Prospect that impressed him most, and he couldn’t decide between them. So I think this is a fair way to make the decision, and you know Sienna’s gonna be watching since she’ll meet whoever wins in their qualifier. Pick me a winner, Harley! Who should Sienna pay closest attention to?

Harley: Britt shows a lot of heart and determination and she seems to be improving from week to week. If she can keep it up then I’m sure that she’s going to have a real bright future...but I think this has maybe come a couple of matches too quickly for her. Rose has been really, really good of late. She’s been very impressive and she’s got momentum and she made a pretty big splash in her debut and has never looked back. Britt Kane has all the tools and she could maybe pull off a shock; I wouldn’t write her off, I just think Rose is a little further along the curve right now and in my book is the favourite to go on and meet Sienna.

Jake: And whoo boy, what a main event! It’s another qualifier, but WHAT A MATCH! Ji-Hu Myeong, who you know fairly well, will meet my favorite client...and only one…”Old School” Gillie Barnes in the main event! Which sadly means no “This Week in Wrestling”, but I assure you Gillie will have studied absolutely everything she can consume on her opponent, Japanese wrestling, Japanese people who thought about wrestling, and all points beyond.

He leans towards Harley slightly.

Jake: She’s big on research, you might have noticed.

She stifled a quiet laugh.

Harley: Gillie is definitely a student of wrestling. I thought I consumed a lot of wrestling media but compared to Gillie, I’m pretty much just a casual observer. Gillie’s probably hunting down midwives and doctors and anyone who happened to be present at Ji-Hu’s birth, the kids she went to school with and by the time the Main Event rolls around, she’ll be able to write a comprehensive biography on her opponent. Though, I’d still take Adam up on his offer to have someone like 4 Loko Ayano in her corner because it’s never just Ji-Hu that you’re up against in the ring. This has got all the hallmarks of an absolute barnburner of a match. The fans will be talking about it for weeks. Ji-Hu has an awful lot of talent and sheer wrestling instinct that she could keep Max Sato in the back and still be one of the most successful women in Future Shock. Myeong will wear you down physically and is absolutely relentless; almost like a Terminator in that she’ll keep on coming for you right up until she’s put you down.  Gillie’s probably one of the most solid tactical wrestlers I’ve ever seen - and she’s ALWAYS got that potential to surprise… just as you think you’re beginning to take control she’ll hit you with a move that was only performed a handful of times by a guy you’ve probably never heard of and who only wrestled in the Northeast forty years ago. How do you prepare for that? I’m not even going to try and pick a winner but I’m sure, one way or another the fans will be talking about this match for quite a while.

Jake: I’m looking forward to it, not as much the hours of research I’ll be briefed on between now and then. Either way, September 26 is the last stop before Future Shock heads for Resistance with a huge card Adam laid out this past Tuesday. I encourage you to make plans to catch the show, and then get Resistance. We’ll be back in Boston once again at the Future Shock Arena before Resistance in Providence, Rhode Island. Harley, any last minute thoughts on this show?

Harley: Resistance is shaping up to be probably the biggest Future Shock show of the year so far. With the Last Woman Standing match and the finals of the Tag Team Tournament and so much more. I wouldn’t miss that for the world. September 26th… the last stop before that show… it’s pretty much the perfect warm up with three huge matches all of which have major implications for the Future Shock Cup - and given what that accolade has meant for everyone who has won it since it’s inception in 2012… you’re going to see some very motivated women giving it everything they’ve got and then digging down deep to find a little more on September 26th. You don’t want to miss it.

Jake: We’ll see you September 26th back in Beantown for the last stop to Resistance. Special thanks to Harley here for joining me! Future Shock Resistance, here we come!

The After Shock logo flashes across the screen before it fades to black.

[/center]
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: