Femme Fatale Wrestling
April 20, 2024, 02:50:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Breaking The Silence

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking The Silence  (Read 174 times)
Nevaeh
Femme Fatale
Main Eventer

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« on: October 24, 2017, 02:02:26 am »

(Off-Camera)

10/15/17
Rio De Janerio, Brazil

(Our scene opens up as we find Nevaeh Summers pacing around her hotel room. She has been sent here by Silas after they returned from the Breaking Point show, where Nevaeh found out she was to compete in a handicap match this Thursday.

When Silas forced her to tweet out that they were to have an important announcement on the show this was the last thing she figured would happen. She was blindsided by it. He was really gonna force her to wrestle against both Shaw and Charlotte? The One Woman Show we're clicking right now. Separately both posed problems, but to face them together?

It was causing Nevaeh enough stress, but Silas didn’t help matters. Nevaeh had to ask when they were alone why he was forcing her into this. Why he made it seem like SHE wanted this match. Silas simply told her this is what happens when you don’t do as you are told. You break the rules you will be punished.

He was always cold towards her, but this was a new direction. He atleast tried to preserve her so she’d win matches. This didn't comply with that, which worried nevaeh more. If he was willing to risk her health in this kind of match what else would he do in the ring?

Nevaeh realized she was on her own, that he was stacking the deck against her now. She kept pacing over what she just got put into when she started hearing a buzzing sound. By now she was familiar with the sound as it was her burner phone going off. That phone was in heavy use lately as Nevaeh had been in contact with both Steph and Ember. Ember was usually checking on her to see where she was, while Steph had taken a more cerebral approach lately. Just informing her on updates in regards to the plan.

Nevaeh could feel a cold tone coming from her, as if the brunette was upset. Nevaeh was frightened by the thought. Steph had never so much as threatened her, but with the knowledge of Steph..having done what she had...it made Nevaeh nervous about her. Nevaeh didn't like the feeling of thinking that way about a friend, but she couldn't help it. She could not accept that Steph had actually committed...that.

That situation was daunting, but they did seem to agree that the Silas issue needed to be dealt with first, even if they disagreed on the means. Nevaeh made her way to her bag to retrieve the burner phone. As she answered it she soon heard the soothing voice of one Ember Carmichael)

”Hey Nev, I was hoping you’d pick up. I know things are stressful but I do feel these chats have helped, or at least I think they maybe have. How are you feeling? Has that imp done anything I need to know about? I’m assuming the show has taken place already? It’s late there, unless I’ve got the wrong information jotted down.”

(Nevaeh stood there for a moment in silence, not saying a word. It was enough to seemingly answer Ember’s question. Ember let out an audible sigh before she continued.)

”Is he there right now? Are you okay?”

(Nevaeh didn’t know how to tell Ember any of this. Instead of trying wor it properly she just talked. That was a new guideline she and the doctor, as well as Steph had agreed to. No more secrets.)

”No he’s not. I’m in my room. It’s just what you asked. He...he put me in a bad spot, in front of the crowd no less. You know how he made me tweet out  we had some important announcement for this show? Well that announcement was that I, I stress ”I”, wanted a handicap match to prove I still was good in the ring. He stood there and made it seem like I desperately wanted the match. Add on he trashed me in front of everybody, but that they were my words, and I’d say things went very bad here Ember. I got a handicap match on Thursday. He never said a word about this, but he’s punishing me. That’s all this is for losing at the ppv.”

”I...Nev this is too much, absolutely too much. The man is unstable and becoming more and more of a living, breathing, poison upon you. We need to end this as soon as humanly possible.  As for the match...you’re strong Nev, it is not going to be pleasant but you will survive. Focus on that and that alone and you will make it through, I know it.”

(Nevaeh wished it was all that simple, but Ember didn't know what it was like being in a ring. The physical toll it took. He had to fight two opponents now. Nevaeh didn't have a positive outlook.)

”I’m trying Em, I am. But those two, Shaw and Charlotte...they’re dangerous. They’re actually working together now. And Shaw always wants to win and get any type of glory she can. Two people. I gotta fight two people. I told him I tried everything to win and he….motherfucker. I just gotta figure something out. He doesn’t expect me to win. I just think he wants me to get beat up. This is how low he’s gone now. I’ll..I’ll deal with it somehow. From what Steph has told me things are coming along, but the bank stuff is the hold up. We gotta get that done and I gotta manage to stay in one piece. Once we get that we should be good….. ”

(Nevaeh let that last statement hang in the air. It was something she had thought about recently, whether things would be good once this was done. With what she knew about Steph now, they;re interactions...she wasn’t sure on that front. Her prolonged silence again tipped off Ember.)

”Nev, I can tell there’s something you’re not saying. And I’m trying not to ‘shrink’ you here but you’re making it very hard. What’s on your mind, something’s bugging you, I can hear it in your voice.”

(Nevaeh was still hesiatnt to speak as to what it was, even though she knew the rule. This issue however was very deep and personal. Ever since finding out what Steph had done and be involved in she was...nervous about her. She couldn't shake the feeling.If she told Ember this how would she take it? Would she possibly tell Steph? To nevaeh they were valid concerns, but this has been eating at her for the past few weeks. Maybe talking about it could help? That’s what Ember mastered in after all...  )

”I ...I feel bad for thinking the way I have been. It’s not about Silas or this fucking match he put me in, though I’m very upset about that. It’s just….it’s Steph and...what she did.”

(It was Ember’s time to be silent for a few moments.)

”I know, I’ve been thinking a lot about it too myself. I mean it’s huge, HUGE...but in my years doing what I do I’ve heard some things that have completely rocked my world. Thing is, it’s still Steph. Right?”

(That was what Nevaeh didn't know. She wanted it to be, but after this...who was Steph Stefano?)

’I want it to be, but when she calls I get..nervous. She is very adamant about what she thinks we should do with Silas. I keep trying to tell her that’s not the way and we just...it’s awkward and tense. I...I don’t know who I’m talking to now. I know it’s Steph, but things are different now. I don’t want to think of her that way, but I can’t help it. I get...I get scared with her. What if I upset her? What if she gets angry at me and?...’[b/]

(Nevaeh paused as a dreaded thought popped into her head. She closed her eyes briefly and shook her head. She didn't want to think that, not about Steph...but...)

’See that right there. I don’t want to think that way. I hate thinking that way about her, but I can’t shake it. I don’t think she’d ever do anything to me, but it’s knowing she could that just...I sound horrible don’t I? Talking this way about her?”

”Maybe it’s because you don’t know the whole story? I know I don’t. But I know Steph, and I know how loyal she is and how much she cares about her friends. I mean she wants to help, and things are at their most dire. While she’s suggested things she’s not done anything that we didn’t plan. She’s been nothing but an amazing friend, you need to remember that. Maybe you need to talk to her about it? Learn the whole story, maybe that could help clear up things?”

(That was another obstacle. Nevaeh didn't feel she and Steph were on the best of terms right now. Not after the talk in Denver...)

’I don’t know if we can. She hasn’t been very chatty with me either lately. She just calls and tells me stuff and then hangs up. I do think I made her mad. I don’t want that. I didn’t want any of this, but that’s what I do Ember. I fuck shit up.”

”No, it’s what HE does. People make mistakes, people aren’t perfect, and that’s part of the beauty of them. Makes no two of them the same. But that man, he is a cancer, he is a toxin, he poisons everything around him. And he’s been poisoning you for years. But we will stop it, we will rid you of that toxin.  Do not be afraid of Steph, Nev. If she’s mad then she’s mad, but I’d wager she’s probably feeling similarly about you. Afraid you think poorly of her, or worse don’t want to be around her. And times like this we need to remember most of all who has stood by us, no matter what is in their past.”

(Nevaeh was downtrodden right now. She felt at her lowest point right now. The thinking of Steph, the handicap match, the whole situation. All she’d had time to do the past several weeks was have time alone and think. To figure out why her life has turned the way it has. As she stood there now more emotion came pouring out of her.)

”He is all of those things Ember, but I was making mistakes long before he came into the picture. I was manipulating and hurting people cause I enjoyed it. Now he’s doing what I did to others.…..this whole fucking thing sucks Ember. We got this asshole to deal with, but now I know one of my best friends is….you know. It’s alot to deal with and I’m trying to deal with it. It’s just hard. I got two women trying to beat me up, a man trying to ruin me, and...there’s no one to blame but me. All of this happened because of me. I know that. I’ve had nothing but time to myself to think about it. I wish I had time a machine and I could go back and change everything. Instead I got you and Steph dragged into this. I don’t deserve to have friends like you two. I don’t deserve anything. You’ve put up with all of this. I’ve hurt people that thought I cared for them. I hurt people period. Why? Why did I do those things Ember?”

(That was what Nevaeh couldn’t figure out. Why did she willingly and gleefully hurt people she thought she cared for.)

”If we knew how things would end we would never do some things to begin with. Life is filled with bad choices, some wear them on their sleeve, others are hidden behind closed doors. But we all pay for them one day or another. Not saying you deserve any of this, Nev. Not at all, but if that’s true then you could’ve been helped to live a life you’d probably have enjoyed more. But Silas encouraged these bad tendencies, fed the inner monster if you will, and the rest is history. What matters now is your future Nev, not your past. Just like Steph as far as I’m concerned. What matters is the future we want to build, and to do that things are not going to be easy. Not in the least. But we will be by your side through it all, thick or thin. As for hurting people, well if you wanna talk I’ve got a free night, I’m here. But perhaps it helped you feel strong, just like manipulating and punishing you makes Silas feel strong.”

(Nevaeh did want to talk about it. She really did. But still didn’t want to hole up Ember)

”...you wouldn’t mind wasting your time talking to me about this?”

”Wouldn’t have offered if I wasn’t willing, and it is far from a waste of time, Nev. As I’ve told you time and again, I’m here for you. I may not be savvy or even that good in a  scuffle, but what I am good at I offer to you in your time of need. May even help you get your mind right for Thursday in fact, you never know.”

(Nevaeh needed all the help she could get for that match on Thursday. Maybe clearing her mind to Ember would help with the process.)

”I’d like that. I do want to talk more about..shit all of this. But umm...could you do me a favor. It’s big, but I feel it needs to be done.”

”Didn’t I just say I’d do what I can? Of course, hon. Name it.”

(What Nevaeh wanted to ask was...unique, but after all this time she felt it was necessary. She deserved to know what was going on...)

”I need you to contact somebody. Her name is Ivy Tremayne...I believe you know one another. “

(There was a hint of surprise to Ivy’s voice)

”Oh Ivy, yeah I know her.”

(Nevaeh was well aware they did, back before each ended up coming into her own life. Nevaeh had not had contact with Ivy in months. She was left out...Nevaeh wanted to fill her back in..)

”She was a business partner with me and Silas, but I haven’t spoken to her since Silas has me on lockdown. She also happen to be the person I was...smoking with. None of this is her fault Ember, none of it. She was aware of what was going on. She was a friend who was there for me just like you and Steph. But I haven’t spoken to her in months. Silas won’t answer her calls. I’d like for you to tell her what’s been going on. Everything. She deserves to know and please, I beg, let her know this is not her fault. It’s mine. Could you do that for me?”

”I’ve seen the work you two have made. Didn’t figure she was the one but, well ok that kind of makes sense. I’ll talk to her as soon as possible. I’ll tell her what’s going on, what has happened and all that. I’ll do it, you have my word. ”

(Nevaeh nodded her head. Ivy needed to know and to know that it wasn’t on her what happened. She cared for Ivy and she would accept whatever response the fashion designer had.)

”Thank you. I appreciate that. OK umm...where do we start?”

”We start with you taking a big deep breath and maybe sending Steph a text? Something small like thank you, something akin to that. Otherwise you just need to start talking, that’s all. How’s that sound?”

(Nevaeh made her way to her bed and sat on the edge of it. She began talking to Ivy about what she had been thinking of. What she felt. It may not lead to a win on Thursday, but for Nevaeh personally it was something long, long overdue.)

10/19/17
Mexico City

(Off-Camera)

(Our scene opens up backstage, in the dressing room of Nevaeh Summers as currently she sits on a couch, holding her ribs, while pressing an icebag to her lip.

At the moment she wasn’t feeling anything remotely close to fine. She just got out of the ring after facing both Shaw O’Neil and Charlotte Harker. One Woman Show was anything but that as both of them laid major blows into Nevaeh. The most visible being the busted lip she was currently icing up.

Her ribs were also causing her alot of pain after being dropped on knees. Those two were causing her the most pain but her entire body was hurting. Having to fight two wrestlers will leave you in that state. She was expecting to feel this way, but still did what she could. There were even fleeting moments in the match that had her thinking she could pull it off, but they were just too much for her.

She lost...another loss….they were becoming all too normal for Nevaeh at this point. The losses stung, but each time she was finding reasons as to why they were happening. This match had the odds against her, but that was the match. She was at a handicap. Before this one though, she just got beat.

Her opponents didn't cheat her out of victories...like she had so many….they were just better then she was on that night. Nevaeh realized that. It stung, but she understood it. She wanted to prove herself better, but she didn’t really have a choice in the matter.

No that all fell on the man standing and looking at her right now.

Silas Mason glared at his client with contempt. Just like he did at ringside after the match. He wasn’t hiding it much lately.  But yet Nevaeh had to keep acting like she knew this was all her fault. That she was the reason everything was going the way it was.

He was not at fault, not in his mind. In his mind he was the answer, and Nevaeh was the one screwing everything up. Nevaeh realized he was glaring at her, but she didn't know why. He put her in this match, he knew what was possible. Yet he was angry with her?

She was annoyed with him. Annoyed with everything. The only things keeping her spirits up were the talk she had with Ember the other night where she really just confessed how she felt. There was no guard up, no secrets. She talked and talked till there was nothing left to get out. Ember stayed active the entire time, consoling her, counseling her, being a friend to her. That helped Nevaeh alot mentally.

She also knew they were still working on their plan, though she still had concerns about. Mainly due to how her and Steph were still having a frosty time. Steph still was being short with updates. Nevaeh didn’t want to push her. No matter how much Ember tired to tell her that it was still Steph...Nevaeh was worried. She could not shake it.

Nevaeh just hoped everything would turn out alright in time, but at this moment dread was here as Silas began to talk)

”Losing getting painful enough for ya yet? Ya ready ta actually start getting serious or ya need another lesson?”

(Nevaeh just stared at him. He was being ridiculous with that comment and he deep down knew it. Like she really enjoyed losing or something. She hated it, but what he did to her tonight...that wasn’t what she needed.)

”Ya call that a lesson? Ya fed me to those two and ya ask me if I’m tired of losing? You know damn well what the odds of me winning tonight were. You sent me in there hoping I’d get my ass beat. Well Silas are ya happy? You got what you wanted right?”

(Silas had a wry smile appear on his face as he folded his arms across his chest, sneering down at his client.)

’Well that depends now. Have ya finally understood where ya been fucking up at? Where ya shortcomings are? Have ya?”

(Nevaeh responded with a desperate, almost primal growl. Yet it was almost as if she was pleading with him as well.)

”I have been doing everything you tell me to do. Everything. There is not a thing I haven’t done that you’ve said to do. What more do you want from me? I’m doing as you tell me to I just….it’s just not working right now. But I am telling you, you see it for yourself. When you tell me to do something I do it. The training, standing in  the ring and not saying a word. Accepting whatever you set me up for like this fucking handicap match. I do it. What else do you want me to do to prove to you that I am listening?”

(Nevaeh truly didn't know what else she could do to show she was “all in” with the plan. She was trying her best to keep biding time, but she realized the losing was not working in her favor. She just needed more time, time to where the plan she, Ember, and Steph concocted could go into effect. Silas stood there, measured now as he took in what he just heard. He remained glaring at Nevaeh, speaking with a firm tone.)

’If that were true then we’d of won all of these matches, but we haven’t. No, instead ya keep losing, which in turns means I lose. Which means people can now try and talk down ta me. Make it seem like I’ve lost something because ya can’t hold up yer end of the deal. Yer bringing shame ta my name everything time ya stepped foot in a ring Nevaeh. I told ya losing would bring consequences. Tonight was just that and if I had it my way I’d get ya booked in another, but the company did ya a favor. They put ya in the Feme For All Tournament. Here ya are with what may be yer last chance ta get back the FFW Championship. Yet I don’t even know if ya even deserve ta be fighting for it after what I’ve seen. Quite frankly I don’t think ya got it anymore.”

(His comments were purposely hurtful and they did indeed find their mark. Nevaeh put up with alot of shit. She accepted she was responsible for alot of it. But the one thing she still had was her wrestling ability. She wasn’t where she was a year ago. But she also knew she wasn’t there because of him. She stared at him, her lip still causing her pain and fired back)

”I want that title back Nevaeh. I want ta rub it in the face of every bitch who wrestles in this company that I am greatness. I made ya and right now ya testing me with yer performances. Ya keep making me look bad and that is just not acceptable. Ya running out of chances ta do right Nevaeh. So here we are. This is what ya been wanting for months ever since Caroline made ya her bitch and ya tapped out. Ya really want ta show yer “The World’s Finest” then beat Kaoru. Ya done already lost ta The Weeb, ya gonna lose ta her partner too? Is that what ya done become? A joke after everything I made ya? Is there any pride or self-respect left in ya?”

(He was treading  aline here with her. He was toying with her emotions, wanting to see how she’d react to his insinuations. Nevaeh wanted to curse him out. To tell him he was a shit eating leech who was where he was because of her. But that wouldn’t work here. So she said what she felt would push her point across, while showing the fire still burned in her.)

”If there is anything you should know it’s that I want to be FFW Champion again. It’s the only thing I want at this point. It’s the only thing I care about. I want MY title back. So yes Silas I’m ready to win. I want to beat Kaoru, I’m tired of losing. I just want to be FFW Champion again….I want to be happy again.”

(Those last few words slipped from a real place. Nevaeh ddi want to be happy again. To be able to smile cause she actually had a good time, not because she was a puppet told to. Silas himself seemed surprised by it, but he quickly went with it.)

’Well then here we go. This week we turn it up even more. Ya gonna break yer bad habits or yer gonna break. Either way ya better win this fucking match or so help me Nevaeh I’ll make things even worse for ya. Ya think that busted lip is bad just wait and see what happens if ya lose this match.”

(A cold shiver went through Nevaeh’s body. More punishments? Great, just what she needed. She couldn't take another handicap match, or whatever else he could cook up to punish her. The mood was tense, till a knock was heard at the door. Silas turned to it, eyeing it cautiously. He went over and opened it, only to see a P.A. standing there.)

P.A.: “Mr. Mason, you’ve received a call ”

(Silas looked at the p.a. With confused look. Nevaeh would have as well if not for what Silas just told her. She was too concerned with that and what could happen to register what was going on.)

”A call? From who? If someone wanted ta contact me they would clal my cell”

(The. P.a. shrugged his shoulders)

P.A. “I’m not sure sir. He just said something about watching tonight and having a business idea to talk to you about. Said it was urgent.”

(Silas showed visible displeasure at what he was hearing. He elt out an annoyed exhale)

”Fine, I’ll be right there. Gimmie a sec”

(Silas closed the door and took a few steps towards Nevaeh. Scowling as he spoke...)

”Ya think about what I just said. Everything ya care about is on the line now Nevaeh. Everything!”

(Silas now turned and headed for the door.  As he departed from the dressing room he made sure the door was locked as he did. Nevaeh sat there in discomfort and tried to move on to what could be coming next. He made her fight this handicap match and claimed this was not the end. What the hell else could he have in store for her?

Nevaeh was thinking this when she could hear rattling. She turned her head towards the door and could see the doorknob moving. She pondered what was going on till the door suddenly opened and in walked…Steph Stefano

To say Nevaeh was shocked was an understatement. She was stunned that Steph was here...that she got in while the door was locked. But she was also nervous. The last couple of conversations the two have had haven’t been the most pleasant. Denver being the one that was tense. Nevaeh never took her eyes of Steph as the Evolution Champion walked right in front of her and squatted down to look her eye to eye. Steph now grabbed Nevaeh’s chin and began to examine her face, zeroing in on the busted lip the blonde sported... She then let her face go and spoke in a cool tone.)

”I’m just here to update you on what they found. Then I’ll leave.”

(Nevaeh fully noticed how cold Steph sounded. How detached they seemed from what they were. Even with that thought Nevaeh had a burning question inside her. One she had to ask)

”How did you get in here? The door was locked?”

”Yeah, been breaking into doors since college. Nothing important, just catching some friend’s boyfriend doing this, wanting to talk up some guy at a house party that...”

(It was obviously meant to be an anecdote, and really just some random note of reference from Steph’s salacious past but with the same tone it simply seemed to just be a statement, nothing more. Not even in the slightest bit humorous. Nevaeh just stared at her, not sure what to even do at the moment.)

”Oh...useful trait..I guess….”

(Things were awkward and tense between the two right now. There was no hiding it. Nevaeh sat there trying to figure out what to say when Steph spoke up first)

”My security guys have kept scouting Silas’s place and think they found an entry point. It isn’t exactly the same security they were hoping for and might have been hoping Kyo could actually do something with it since he knows that type of security system a bit better. One of the cases where you pull on the string and the whole thing falls apart. We’re doing this on our own time because Luca’s been in a lull period with turning everything legitimate. He wants to do it, but it’s never made easy. For any of us. Irina found where the doctor lives, just needs to actually find a money trail. As far as the security stuff goes, with us on the International Tour, it shouldn’t be any problem. This time around they’ll be watching for Ernie’s habits and checking things out when he isn’t pretending to be a white knight for you and Silas’s behalf.”

(That was alot of information for Nevaeh to take in. Steph really was detailed and firm in saying it all. As if this was all business. Nevaeh nodded her head before wincing from how banged up she was.)

’That’s good..right? It’s progress? We’re getting close to getting what we need.”

”Besides minor stumbles in the road yeah. It’s progress. That’s what matters.”

(Again Steph was short and to the point. Nevaeh could only sit there and stare at her. She wanted to ask her if she was alright after her own tag match tonight. How she was holding up. But would Steph actually answer or just give out a response like she has been. She checked on her when she came in here. She was here cause she cared. Nevaeh cared about her..even if she was still struggling with a certain aspect. Nevaeh looked at her and spoke up)

”Thank you Steph. For everything. You’ve been amazing through all of this.”

”It’s no problem at all. I’ll take off before you get in trouble.”

(Nevaeh felt that coldness coming from her again. She didn’t want things to be this way between them. She had concerns about Steph, she didn't feelgood after the handicap match. But she started to stand up and looked Steph in her eyes.)

”Ok...you’re mad at me. I get it. But I only asked you for what was in everybody's best interest. That’s all I’m trying for here Steph.“

(She watched her for a few moments at a time, the side of her lip twitching before she seemed to rein herself in. Her response was... Measured. Controlled.)

”I am not mad. I came to tell you what was going on with the current situation. That is all. I am trying to leave now so you do not get in trouble. That’s all as well. I’m sorry for what Silas put you through. Again.”

(Nevaeh felt a sting as she said it again… Nevaeh felt hurt, but she also started to get upset herself.)

”So I don’t get in trouble...yeah hearing that and everything else you just said doesn’t hurt at all. We can both lie Steph if you’d like?”

(Stephanie breathed in, before slowly exhaling. Obviously trying to be the cooler head in this situation, far and away making more an effort to do so than usual.)

”I did not mean anything by that. I am going to go now. I promise to keep you updated the next chance I can get to sneak in when he’s gone.”

(Nevaeh just looked at Steph..then nodded her head)

”Ok..ok...thanks for coming and telling me that. You’re such a great friend.”

(Nevaeh now sat back down and just stared forward. She felt guilty saying that, but if Steph wanted to hurt her, she'd try it right back. It didn't take long for worry to fill her as she realized what she just did. Sreph didn’t respond to that, the brunette instead silently stalking out the door, looking back around before she left out after making sure that Silas still was nowhere to be seen...

Then she came right back, her face contorted slightly. Nevaeh’s eyes shifted towards the door and was surprised Steph came back in. She then shifted them back towards the wall, not saying a word to Steph)

”No. No that doesn’t work for me right now. I am trying to do what you ask of me. I’m not trying to harm a hair on his head. I’m doing exactly what you asked me to do, you and Ember and not hurt him, not touch him, not do anything, and you’re mad it me for that? What--what is it that you want me to do Nevaeh? Can you tell me that? What the fuck do you want me to do?”

(Nevaeh just kept staring straight ahead at the wall. She looked uncomfortable as she did, but did speak up)

”I asked you as a friend to not go there. I begged you not to hurt him because of what could happen to you. To possibly Ember and myself. Not because I didn't want to see him get hurt. I asked, one friend to another, for you not to go there because I don’t want you to risk such a thing for me. I don’t want that...but yet you’re here talking to me like I’m somebody off the street. Like you’re just doing your job. No emotion..no care. Sorry I didn’t co-sign what you wanted to do Steph”

”Did it feel like a relief? Even for a minute... Did it feel like a relief, coming to me and Ember, telling us about all your struggles, all the things you’ve been going through. Being around us again, even if you felt it was hopeless?”

(It was a strange question so suddenly, Steph just watching her, eyes on her in a strange disquiet. Nevaeh herself was caught off-guard by it. The answer seemed easy, but with how Steph stated it it had her cautious.)

’You know the answer already. It was Steph, but you are talking about doing something that is just…”

”I didn’t have that luxury.”

(She said it so simply, so succinctly, yet she kept on going.)

”I haven’t had that luxury the entire time I’ve been working about for this mob boss. I haven’t had the luxury of being able to tell anyone there’s been two attempts on my life, that at least once a week I feel like I’m in over my head, and I’m just waiting... Waiting for something to go south. The only person I can talk about it has been with Ember and if not for the fact that it makes me sick at night and I’ve needed professional help now for months, I’d probably have no one to tell. The moment though that I’ve told you, not because I want to scare you but because I sincerely want to stop someone from hurting you, because I care about you so much, you act like I’m some kind of monster. Like if I look at you the wrong way you’re going to be next.”

(Nevaeh, starting to tear up, shook her head)

’That’s not fair Steph. That’s not fair.”

(nevaeh now stood back up and looked at Steph)

”I’ll admit it...I’m scared of you right now. I am, I’m sorry, but I am. What did you expect out of me huh? Here I am with a woman I consider one of my best friends. YOU. You’re my best friend, but you...you killed somebody? How do you expect me to take that? And you didn’t sit me down and tell me. No I find out when you’re angry, when you look like you want to hurt somebody. What did you expect me to do Steph? How do you expect me to feel when it’s just dropped on me? I’m sorry you have been through hell girl, I’m so sorry Steph. I wish you could of talked to me sooner. I do, but ...this is alot to handle. You have to understand that. I know I’ve put you through so much shit. You don’t deserve it. I want to help you...but fuck Steph I...this shit is crazy. I’m scared. I’m just scared. I’m scared. I want this to be over. I don’t want this anymore. I don’t want you to suffer. Ember….I want everything to be alright, I don’t want you to hate me. I don’t hate you. I….this is just so crazy…”

(Nevaeh was a rambling mess at this point.)

”I’m sorry, Nevaeh. I am. I am sorry and I didn’t want to put you more than you can deal with. You are one of my best friends and honestly I was just trying to find you a solution. Some solution. I don’t hate you either, I do want this to be over but... I dunno, it’s like, I just keep telling myself that if it solved one problem it could solve the other. Maybe it’s not right just jumping to be someone’s judge, jury, and executioner but the two men I did that to where mob bosses who had more blood on their hands then anyone could imagine. They... Mothers and children and just... It makes me sick thinking about it but then I see Silas and what he does to you and what he’s done to others and I just... I don’t know what other solution that will stop him. That’s... That’s all.”

(nevaeh nodded her head, though she was in a highly emotional state.)

”He’s horrible, but I don’t think you are. I just need...I’m trying to understand this Steph. I’m trying. I swear to you I’m trying. Just give me time. Let me talk to Ember, just let me have time. But please, I’m asking you eye to eye to let that thought go in regards to him. He’s not worth it. Do not do that, you’re better than he is. You’re better than me. I’m sorry for being scared of you. But hey...I did..I did bow up right? See..progress?”

(Nevaeh wasn’t trying to be overtly funny. She was just hoping to show Steph that she was trying. Steph smiled sadly and nodded before turning her back quietly, this time seeming to want to leave now that things seemed a bit more settled.)

”I’m not better than you Nevaeh. I have blood on my hands.”.

(With that she was gone this time, seemingly for real as her steps became less and less louder. Nevaeh stared at the door, seemingly at  better place of mind. But she still had concerns. Those were not gonna go away no matter how much she wanted them to)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: