Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 05:39:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 31

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 31  (Read 147 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: November 18, 2017, 01:06:11 pm »

Visitors to the FFW site find the latest edition of After Shock awaiting them. After clicking the play button to start the video, they find Jake Chandler sitting in front of the Future Shock logo poster on a green screen. As always, he’s sat on the deep purple sofa. Also sat next to the purple sofa is an end table with a fish bowl with a goldfish. As Jake drops a couple flakes into the top, the goldfish immediately heads for the surface. The camera also notices a new picture hanging on the wall of dogs playing poker. Jake takes a seat on the sofa, smiling to the camera as we see he is joined by yet another co-host: Erica Horton.

Jake: Hello again, everyone! This is After Shock, which is your one stop for all the latest Future Shock news and developments. We’ve been doing it a while now, so hopefully you know what this show is about. This week, I’m joined by Erica Horton, formerly of the All Star season and Global Wars participant. Welcome to the show, Erica.

Erica: Thanks for having me, Jake! Future Shock went to Sydney last we saw, and if you haven’t watched it yet and don’t want spoilers, stop this video and go watch! We’ll be here! If you have or just don’t care about spoilers...Jesus Christ Himself on a cracker, was it a good night to be a prospect!

Jake: It was definitely the most historic night for the Prospects since the relaunch. We’re gonna hit some highlights before we get to the next show. I don’t think there’s a bigger highlight than the first Prospect to ever hold the Future Shock Championship, which is what we have now. Harley Shannon made Anna Giovanna tap out in Sydney to capture the title!

Erica: That she did, but boy did Anna have to make her work for it! It’s definitely a match of the year candidate, based purely on the quality of it. Much unlike at the Pay Per View where I’ve heard Last Woman Standing being called one for the brutality. This was definitely the match that people came to see and you could tell in pretty much everything that happened. All congratulations to Harley on her win. Very, very well earned.

Jake: I’m in full agreement there. The other big Prospect news is Adam decided to forego the graduation poll, and he sent all 3 of the nominees to the main roster…..along with Casey Atherton apparently.

Erica: I think Adam might have wanted to avoid a shutout of a poll, as I have not met many people who would vote for anyone not named Caitlyn, and even fewer who would have voted for Ji-Hu! That said, the three of them have definitely earned it. Though Sienna...well, let’s just say her determination to win and things she will do in order to might top Emma or Alysson on the main roster. Ji-Hu has the most infamous manager of the lot so it’s quite good for her that she’s not being voted for on the thought of the fact we think of her manager before her. As far as Casey goes...I was quite okay with her only getting a maximum of a couple hours a week. Now we have to deal with her way more often and that thought makes me slightly ill.

Jake: And the Choir… But speaking of Sienna, she did more than just graduate. After coming up short the first time, she managed to get herself the 2017 Future Shock Cup. Now since she’s already coming up, she won’t need the Cup for that. But Adam informs me she has a year to put in a request for her Future Shock Championship match. So we’ll have to be on the lookout for that.

Erica: Sienna does not strike me as the kind of girl who will wait and try and surprise whoever holds the belt. I don’t think she’ll do it right away...but I don’t think she’s going to hold onto it long enough to make us forget that she has it.

Jake: We also have a pecking order for the Aspire Ring now. Kaya Crimson will get a shot at Global Wars in a Future Shock spotlight. Mila Martin will go next, and now the “Lioness” Elizabeth Lannister has earned herself a shot when she knocked off Bianca Reed. She’s definitely earned it by beating the woman holding it, which means we may be seeing a lot more of her outside of just these international shows.

Erica: Almost merciful that Elizabeth will be doing something beyond antagonising Bianca, isn’t it? THough in fairness, I’m all for people doing that up to and including Elizabeth, since she does such a good job of worming herself into holes she can’t get out of. Bianca, if successful in her five defences that she wants - or three, since I got the impression she wasn’t sure - will have a very long journey ahead of her since what we have set out will take her to at least a Future Shock Championship match. Must be good for her to have it mapped out.

Jake: I think my favorite part of the night was seeing BNB do well against the Gardners. Plus I got a selfie with Catwoman for my phone wallpaper, which was cool too!  Mallory and Gillie are my favorite tag team, you know.

Erica: First off, lets make clear that if your girlfriend’s team isn’t your favourite team, then we have issues. But that’s an opinion more than anything I guess. Also, I really did enjoy that match. Like the main event before it, it was excellence in terms of skill involved. I also quite enjoyed the Dalek coming to the ring for Rose’s costume change, as I’ve been a bit guilty of binging Doctor Who on my portable DVD player on flights all over the place recently. Well earned win  the Wrecking Crew though.

Jake: If you missed it, you really should watch it back. You can see or relive everything we’ve discussed, as well as the match with Mila and Valentina that put Canada into second place that night in Global Wars. What did you think of Jessica Anderson and Kelly Fury’s match?]

Erica: Urgh, Canada.

The blonde scowls.

Erica: Anyway! Kelly and Jessica put on a fantastic match. The...I guess a cheer-off would be the best way to describe it? That was funny as hell. I was sat watching it with Mandy and the pair of us were killing ourselves. But they did put on a great effort, as well they should have for the fact they were competing in their back garden...and neither of them are Aussies! So very well done to the pair of them. Also anyone who’s never seen Kelly wrestle before now knows what the fuss is about!

Jake: What do you make of some of the new Prospects we’ve seen recently and at the show? There was Emma Haynes and Celeste, and ….Tara Cortez.

Erica: Emma is...well, she knows what she wants and she’s out to get it, I’ll give her credit for that. Maybe not going into someone’s private space without permission though. That seems a bit weird. But whatever, I’m sure Adam and Brianna will have dealt with that by now. As for Tara? I’m going to make it perfectly clear and let the record state that I have no issues with well-trained, first-class athletes and pure technical wrestling. What I have an issue with is when you force that down people’s throats as if screaming “look how good I am” is going to win you any kind of like or respect. No one likes a boaster. If you’re that good, get into the ring and prove it. And not against people who don’t have a chance in hell against someone who’s good enough to be part of FFW or Future Shock. Be good, that’s fine. Just don’t be an ass about it. We also met up again with Celeste, who was, if memory serves, the thrower in the dodgeball match at Halloween. Who is being managed by Christian, too. I’m going to withhold judgement on her, since she’s in league with a man who manages people on both sides of the fence as it were. But I’m looking forward to when she shows us what she can do too.

Jake: You think he’s going to hire local talent for her too?

Erica: Nope. She doesn’t immediately strike me as the type to do that kind of thing.

Jake: Well I can confirm that actually. So let’s turn our attention towards the next Future Shock, shall we? We’ll be back in Boston on November 28, just a few days after Thanksgiving here in the States. Adam has said this show is about giving some of the new girls a chance to shine. So one match he’s put together is Celeste and Emma Haynes in their mutual debuts.

Erica: Oooooooh, double debut! I enjoy these! Both girls have experience in the ring but not with each other, so this’ll be an interesting watch and I don’t doubt that it’ll be a good match. Emma’s had a head start though, if the paper she found in Sydney was correct.

Jake: I couldn’t tell you for sure on that one since I don’t make a habit of going places I’m not invited. We’ll also see Britt Kane get the rematch she wanted with “Poison” Rose Gardner. In their last encounter, Britt was not amused with Rose’s use of bubbles. And she may not have been a Space Channel 5 fan either!

Erica shrugs.

Erica: That reference means nothing to me. It also strikes me as weird when, really, the bubbles didn’t amount to much. Seems like an excuse for a teenager to complain. Or a wrestler in general to complain actually. It’ll be interesting at least. Rose definitely wrestles like her aunt in a lot of ways. Britt...I’m not sure if really Britt is still finding her feet or what, but she’s definitely getting there.

Jake: And finally, just a few days before she heads into Global Wars to challenge for the Aspire Ring, Kaya Crimson will be in action as well. She’ll be going one on one with Lacey. After dealing with the Choir, I’m sure Kaya will be on the lookout for anything Lacey or Kyle throws at her.

Erica: A lesser person would say that Kyle is just one man while the Choir are, well, multiple people. But we’ve seen from experience that Kyle can cause as much carnage on his own than any group of people. But Kaya’s come on wonderfully recently, so I think she’ll be okay.

Someone hands Jake a note as Erica is speaking, which he takes and reads with a shake of his head.

Jake: I should have guessed this, but according to this note, Brianna Singer has named herself the guest referee for the Britt Kane versus Rose Gardner match. Also...Lydia Charisma has been placed ringside for Kaya and Lacey as a deterrent for Kyle.

Erica: One of those is fishy, as we have experience to remind us of that. The other is good and might actually be helpful, though I won’t hold my breath. Experience tells us that when Brianna is injecting herself where she doesn’t really belong, she;s up to no good. Anyone remember that thing she had with Mel, before she snapped? And really...when’s anything been a deterrent for Kyle? Seriously. He’ll do what he wants to do and consequences be damned.

Jake: I have a feeling you’re right. We will also hear from Gemma Pierce, the most recent Prospect signing. Adam announced her addition to the roster, and I’ll be curious to hear from her so we can get a feel for what we can expect. I know that Miss McTaggert lady said she was a man, but…

Erica: Does anyone actually take anything Madelyne McTaggart says seriously? I mean come on, the woman hasn’t been part of the roster in forever! I’m looking forward to hearing from Gemma. Always look forward to the new prospects and this one won’t be any different.

As she’s talking, Jake turns over the note he was handed and sees there’s more on the back. He quickly shares that information.

Jake: Sorry, I didn’t know they wrote on both sides of these. Apparently there’s more footage that we’ll be seeing of how good Tara Cortez is as well. I guess watching her play football, baseball and chess with herself wasn’t enough….

Erica: Evidently. I’ll laugh if we go through all of this and her first match ends with her falling flat on her face though.

Jake: All that and no telling what else we may see on the next Future Shock. We’ll be back in Boston November 28th, and I hope you will join us as both FFW and Future Shock head towards Global Wars! Thanks to Erica here for joining me, and we’ll see you all in Boston!

Jake gives her a hug as the video fades out to the After Shock logo.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:08:30 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: