Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 08:31:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock Genesis

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock Genesis  (Read 133 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: February 17, 2018, 09:56:49 pm »

Visitors to the FFW site find the latest edition of After Shock awaiting them. After clicking the play button to start the video, they find Jake Chandler sitting in front of the Future Shock logo poster on a green screen. As always, he’s sat on the deep purple sofa. Also sat next to the purple sofa is an end table with a fish bowl with a goldfish. As Jake drops a couple flakes into the top, the goldfish immediately heads for the surface. The shot pulls back to see Jake sitting next to one of the newest Prospects.

Jake: Hello there, everyone! And welcome to a special edition of After Shock as we’ll be looking forward to Future Shock Genesis on Pay Per View on Tuesday, February 27th. I’m here with a Prospect who is undefeated in both her first challenge and match...and she may have a sore hand from all the picture signing...MARA WERTH!

The black haired woman gave a wave to the camera.

Mara: Hi everyone. Thank you for the invite to After Shock, Jake. Yeah, signing all those photos really give you cramp where you never expected to get it. I tell ya, I had to shove my hand into an ice bucket afterwards.

Jake nodded in agreement as he got comfortable on the purple sofa.

Jake: I bet! Everyone does them though. Just part of the orientation process, I guess. Anyway, Future Shock Genesis is coming the 27th, and we’re gonna jump into it very shortly. But before we do, I wanted to get your thoughts on your agent trying to get a match for you against Tara Cortez. Seems like you nor Caitlyn Storm is what she is looking for.

Mara shrugged her shoulders.

Mara: Carson talked to me about throwing my name into the hat ‘cause I met all the criteria laid out. As everyone saw, there then came a lot of caveats and qualifiers. Some open contract huh? Of course, people could just view all those reasons she turned me and Caitlyn down as being really poor excuses for not wanting to step in the ring with a girl, rather than her attempting to truly test herself. But hey, that’s between our Ten Star Prospect and a manager who is merely looking out for and trying to protect his client… and the reputation he’s been peddling for her. I’m sure the fans will judge her based on what they’re seeing.

Jake: I did reach out to him earlier today to see if there had been anyone taking up the contract offer. As of this recording, there still isn’t. He did say she was putting together another highlight video of her skills because she didn’t want to disappoint the fans who might have come to see her. So instead of a match, we may get another video of her ….skills.

Mara: Oh joy. I’m sure everyone is looking forward to that. Maybe this time we’ll get to see how quickly she can complete the hundred yard dash and get herself out of danger. Or have we seen that this week? Maybe the guys in the truck can dub the Benny Hill Theme over whatever they produce? Something to make it a little more interesting for the public.

Jake: I guess we’ll find out what they have in store, or if someone steps up and meets what is an ever growing list of criteria. I mean we have quite a few Prospects who I’m sure would love to be part of the show, but the trick is getting Tara to agree.

He shook his head as he finished.

Jake: Let’s get onto the rest of the card, Mara. We will see a fatal four way for a shot at the Aspire Ring when Celeste, Lydia Charisma, Kaya Crimson and Lacey square off. The last few weeks, it seems to me like Lacey’s been antagonizing all three and got them all wanting to take her apart. I’m not sure that’s a wise strategy in a fatal four way. What do you think?

Mara: I’m inclined to agree with you Jake. A three on one beatdown is only ever enjoyable for the one in some very specific, fifty shades situations. Lacey’s going to be in for one Hell of a rough night come Genesis. However, if she can weather the early storm… only one woman can pick up the victory right? So at some point, Lydia, Kaya and Celeste are going to have duke it out between themselves, that could open a door for Lacey to pick up an unlikely victory. Though, if I were a betting woman, I wouldn’t put a pack of smokes on a rabbit getting plucked from a hat. Personally, I think Lydia might just have a little too much power in the end for her rivals.

Jake: I could see that happening. I don’t have a pick really, as long as it isn’t Lacey. The other three girls definitely all deserve the shot, and I’ll be happy for any of them. Speaking of the Aspire Ring, it’s on the line in a triple threat match. “Killer B” Bianca Reed makes her third defense and possibly last if she wins against “Midnight” Mila Martin and the “Lioness” Elizabeth Lannister. You saw Elizabeth try to sway who she faced in Bianca’s last defense, only for Adam to make it a triple threat. Who do you like here, Mara?

She puffed her cheeks out, and let out a deep breath.

Mara: Bianca’s been really impressive ever since she debuted in Future Shock, Mila’s shown an awful lot of heart, a never say die attitude and definitely deserves to have this shot. Elizabeth Lannister...like you said, she tried to call her shot and it backfired on her. She’s got her work cut out for her tonight. I wouldn’t write off any of these three and it wouldn’t surprise me whoever ends up walking out with the Aspire Ring… Kinda hope it’s Mila, but my head says that a pissed off Bianca Reed is going rack up another successful defence.

Jake: If Bianca retains, do you think she cashes in to challenge for the Future Shock Championship? Or do you think she’d go for five and try to be the first one to use the Ring to get to the FFW roster?

Mara: Gee, that’s a tough one. She might wait to see who ends the night as the Future Shock Champion. Though it would be a pretty big feather in her cap to be the first to score those five defences and bypass the whole Prospects vs The World too, if she wanted. It’s a pretty big decision to take.

Jake: I think she’ll want to make an end run towards the Future Shock Championship myself. It’s what she’s talked about practically since she got here. But you’re right, it is a big decision. Also on the show, we’ll see the Future Shock Tag Titles on the line when NHB defends against the team they defeated in the opening round of the tournament, Ascension. But Valentina and Isis are coming off a pretty huge win against Andi Takata and the Future Shock Champion Harley Shannon this past week. Pick me a winner, Mara. NHB retains or new tag champs?

Mara: Oooh boy. Ascension with a chip on their shoulder, who feel like they got the raw end of the deal thanks to Lizzy Taylor’s refereeing and with all that momentum on one side of the ring. The other you’ve got veterans who spent ten years chasing down their first ever titles and finally captured them. No Holding Back have pretty much seen it all and done it all… except for defend a pair of titles - and correct me if I’m wrong, Jake, but isn’t said holding them is harder than winning them? Ascension have been there and done that already and I think that maybe makes the difference. We see new Champions.

Jake: Alright, Mara’s picking new champions at Genesis! If so, Ascension would be the first team in FFW history to hold two tag titles simultaneously. We’ll see what happens on the 27th. We also have a number one contender match for the Future Shock Championship! I’m staunchly supporting “Old School” Gillie Barnes, and predicting her to be victorious against Valere McKinley. She’s my roommate, you know.

He told Mara with a knowing look and smile.

Jake: What about you? You joining me on Team Old School, or thinking the new #1 contender also has to be a 1 Percenter?

Mara: You know what Jake? I’m completely onboard the Old School train here. Valerie’s an incredible, amazing, phenomenal and talented wrestler. But Gillie’s a real student of the game and can probably say tell McKinley things she doesn’t even know about herself, knows counters to Valerie’s moves that haven’t been seen in years. I think if Valerie’s going to win this match, she’ll need to bring something out of her arsenal that we’ve not seen before.

Jake: Well Valerie and Lacey do have a victory over Gillie and Lydia from a few weeks ago, But I’m not sure it’s a victory they can hold up with pride. What do you think?

Mara: I’m told tag matches are a different breed from singles matches, so I’m not certain you can read too much into it - probably less, given how it ended. Though it could be a little bit of a warning to Gillie; a reminder that Valerie can be as good at being cunning and conniving as she is at being a wrestler and that she can’t afford to take her eyes off her lest she gets suckered into a trap.

Jake: Last but certainly not least, it’s the MAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIINNNN event for the Future Shock Championship! Harley Shannon makes her first defense against a woman who has been waiting months on her title rematch, the “Lucky Star” Andi Takata! There was a little bit of a miscue this past week on Future Shock in their tag match, but now there won’t be any erroneous superkicks. Mara, who’s leaving with the title?

Mara bit her bottom lip for a moment.

Mara: Well… there’s Andi who’s...but then Harley...that said Andi… Shannon is just… and that superkick…

She shook her head.

Mara: You know what Jake, it’s easy to make an argument for both women here. “Lucky Star” Andi Takata has been one of the most decorated women to have competed in Future Shock and is a Hall of Famer. You could pick anyone on this roster and she’d be a handful for them. Plus, look at what she did when she challenged Isis for the title and the beating she took at the hands of Bianca. But then you’ve got Harley who has risen to every challenge that has ever been put in front of her and didn’t look out of place by any stretch of the imagination in that tag match. Her striking ability, her wrestling techniques and tactics could definitely ground and slow down Andi too. Do you really think we’ve found a ceiling for the flame haired Prospect now?

There was a shrug of her shoulders.

Mara: You can toss a coin to decide this match in my opinion. But, I’m going to edge this one to Harley, she’ll rise up to meet this challenge too and find a way to overcome the “Lucky Star”. That accidental superkick will spur her on. Which is gonna be a real shame for Andi - especially given that her video game comes out the same day.

Jake: A lot of questions to be answered, fans. February 27th, a Tuesday night just like every episode of Future Shock, is the night we’ll answer them and who knows what else will happen. Future Shock Genesis is our first Pay Per View of 2018 in FFW or Future Shock, and we’ll be in Phoenix! Tickets are gone, the only way left is through Pay Per View. Please make sure you join us for the event. I want to give a special thanks to Mara for joining me, and she and I will see you February 27th at Future Shock Genesis!

The pair give a wave to the camera before we see a commercial for the show. And then fade to black.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: