Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 29, 2024, 06:44:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

The Timeline: Part 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Timeline: Part 1  (Read 1035 times)
Nevaeh
Femme Fatale
Main Eventer

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« on: June 07, 2018, 06:28:09 pm »

Who Are You Wearing?
(Off-Camera)

6/1/18
1:43 pm
Los Angeles, California

(Our scene opens up inside an upscale boutique  Today we find Nevaeh Summers, and her longtime friend Ember Carmichael looking around the shop at various dresses. “Ashes” by Celine Dion was being played over the pa system….damn that song was catchy. It brought back so many reminders of other great Celine songs Nevaeh had heard growing up. Her mother constantly had them playing throughout the house and it was hard for Nevaeh, even in her previous state of mind, to not find them playing in her head. Songs like ‘Where Does My Heart Beat Now”, “Beauty and the Beast”, “If You Asked me To”, “The Power of Love”, “Because You Loved me”, “It’s All Coming Back To Me Now”, “That’s The Way It Is”. Not to mention the elite, once in a lifetime, hall of fame hit. That one goes without saying.

As Nevaeh thought of what a great artist Celine was she found herself looking around the shop and what the store had to offer. They're out and about today at Ember's request. The hall of Fame ceremony is now a little over a month away and Ember wanted to take Nevaeh out to go looking for outfits for the ceremony. Nevaeh being inducted was a big deal and Ember wanted to help her look ravishing for the event. Plus it be a fun girls day for the two. Nevah couldn't pass that up.

Nevaeh did appreciate Ember always wanting to be doing something. If there was ever a living embodiment of “positive emotions” it was Ember Carmichael. The woman never let anyone around here be miserable, though Nevaeh tried many times to buck that trend. That infectious personality did help Nevaeh keep a levelhead at times. Lately Nevaeh had been able to do that. Nevaeh had been feeling..better? It's been a several week process. Ever since going to see her parents over Mother's Day weekend Nevaeh has seen a more positive outlook.

Nevaeh was part of a tense discussion with her parents her first night home. On that night she had found her Mother's words to be profound in regards to how she should approach the issue with Cassie Mason. So much so Nevaeh had decided she will apologize to Cassie face to face..and do it at the Hall of Fame event. Nevaeh figured she'd do it backstage before the event, in the hope that the night and moving forward can be a peaceful ordeal.....that was the hope anyways.

The thought of it did make Nevaeh antsy. She wanted to be able to talk to Cassie face to face and explain things. To just talk without there being attitude or cruel remarks being thrown around. Being called a "coward" and told to "Woman up" still burned in Nevaeh's head after all this time. How could Cassie say that about her?

That was something Nevaeh could never peace together other then Cassie's anger was speaking for her. Nevaeh couldn't argue what she did, al she could ask was for Cassie to not shut her out.

This was the daily mental battle Nevaeh ahd with herself. Other than this she was doing alright for herself. The week at her parents included more talks then the one about Cassie. She had a great Mother's day with Martha, overeating on BBQ and Buttermilk Pie..damn that Pie was good. But the other talks involved what Nevaeh was doing with her time away from the ring. When Nevaeh had no other answer then staying in her place and just lounging that's when her father told her she needed to stop being so damn reclusive. That the only person she was hurting was herself by holing up and not interacting with the world. Fredrick told his daughter that she couldn’t live like that, nobody could. That she made a stake, but that she was allowing the mistake to eat her alive.

Nevaeh explained why she had become that way. The embarrassment with the faked drug test made her not want to talk to very many people. That she was visible..in a sense, but mainly talked to the people she trusted. What else did she need? Nevaeh’s mother, overhearing the talk, chimed in with her thought. That being that until she forgave herself how was she ever gonna move on?

Nevaeh didn't have a response for that. Ember had told her the same thing previously. Steph as well. Strike another tally for Martha Summers. Both her parents really got through to her on that. Nevaeh still had the guilt over what she did and caused, but she was rotting away being stuck in that penthouse all the time. Maybe trying to be social would work. Or atleast try to be
Which is why Nevaeh has been much more “vocal” as of late. Nevaeh wasn’t a Chatty Cathy by any means, but she’s trying not to be the downer she had been for the previous months. Nevaeh allowed herself to stay in that space Silas had kept her in for years. That couldn't be the case anymore, not if she really wanted to move on. Everyone else was trying to drag her out of it, but she remained there. Not ready to come out, not till now.

It’s another reason why Nevaeh finally caved in and started getting back into the gym with Ember. To say the Good Doctor was elated with the news would not describe the full impact. Nevaeh wasn’t looking forward to the workout, especially the one sh esaw fit for herself, but having Ember there did make it more fun. The workouts with Silas were nothing close to resembling a good time, but he ain’t here anymore. Now Nevaeh was able to do things her way, at her pace, and with who she wanted. Having Ember there helped get through the grind and her body, while sore at first, did start feeling better.

There was also the thought her father kept putting in her head. The one where he felt convinced that Nevaeh could be reinstated soon. And that if she was she needed to make sure she was ready to go at a moment's notice physically. Nevaeh had been doing exercises to try and stay fit, most notably her chain routine, which was a constant in her life everyday. She didn’t think she was gonna be welcomed back anytime soon. There was nothing to suggest that other than being allowed to go into the hall of fame. But her father did have a point in that she needed to be in shape in case the day ever did come. For her own benefit. Nevaeh expressed that to Ember when they were on their way to the gym. Nevaeh told Ember much about her trip to her parent’s house..except for the tidbit about Cassie. That would be said when Nevaeh felt it was right.

Instead Nevaeh told Ember of the BBQ, the talks, the work her mother did for the community, which intrigued Ember. When Nevaeh spoke to her mother about Ember, Martha found herself intrigued as her. Telling Ember that had the Good Doctor offering her services. Little did Ember know that Martha had already asked if Ember was available for any speaking engagements. Nevaeh wasn’t surprised by this development...Ember and Matha just...liked helping people. Right now though that was on the backburner. Nevaeh had a goal

Nevaeh was gonna get back to that grind, she was really trying to turn things around now. She was feeling better. She..was almost, kinda, sorta, happy. Now all she needed to do was figure out what to do for the actual hall of fame itself. Nevaeh still had her feelings regarding the event. Excited to be there, but she still wasn’t sold yet that she deserved to be there. That she deserved the honor. That feeling was still very much strong inside of her.

The speech Nevaeh was working on..well that still was a blank doc on her laptop. Not for lack of trying. Nevaeh has gotten on her laptop, fired it up, opened the doc tried numerous times over the past few weeks to start working on it. But Nevaeh would either start typing something out and not feel it worked for what she wanted to say...or just stared at it. Nevaeh kept trying to motivate herself to write this speech, but nothing would come. Why was that?

And then there was today. Nevaeh did enjoy being out with Ember, she bought her an Iced Coffee, and these dresses were beautiful, but Nevaeh still didn't feel right about them. Something just didn't seem to fit. As they toured around the store Ember seemed to have a far different attitude then Nevaeh.

Ember was checking out almost everything, from short ones to long gowns. Sleeved to sleeveless and even strapless. Ember loved fashion, and while she wasn’t a guru like Ivy, the good doctor had years as a model behind her (and even took the odd job to this day) so she knew what looked good on her. Ember finally turned back as her fingers massaged the material of a silver gown._

”So..have you considered what color or style you’d want for this?

(Nevaeh looked at the gown Ember was standing next to. It was a beautiful outfit. Immaculate. Any woman would love to wear this for a night out. But Nevaeh looked at it with an unsure expression on her face.)

’It’s nice, really nice. But I’m not feeling that one. Just..I don’t know it’s not calling to me.”

Ember gave her a look and smiled a little as she practically skipped to the next one. This was a royal blue, very regal and low cut.

”Do you wanna look like a princess, a movie star? Do you wanna show off those curves or be more modest? Work with me girl!”

(Ember was in a joyous mood, her attitude beaming throughout the shop. It would make anyone want to play dress up and try on everything in eyesight. But Nevaeh now walked over and saw the gown. Nevaeh again shrugged her shoulders and started shaking her head)

’I just don’t see myself in this one either. I don’t know what I really want to look like right now. These outfits are nice, but I….I just don’t feel like I see anything that I should wear. Certainly not something that lowcut. Not trying to be the center of attention”

(Ember put her hands on her hips and raised a brow, staring at Nev like she had spinach in her teeth. Nevaeh noticed the glance and put a hand to her mouth)

’What? Do I have spinach in my teeth again?

”Nevaeh Alicia Summers. You are being inducted into the FFW Hall of Fame. You are one of the few chosen, a spotlight on you. You don’t wanna be the center of attention? Girl you already are! Own it!

(Ember made sense with her comment. Nevaeh realized how she was sonding, but inside she couldn’t shake the feeling. It was a strong one)

”Yeah, yeah I guess I am, but it’s not just me ya know. I others going in with me. One of them being someone I constantly tried to keep out of the spotlight for a time. I’ve told you this before I’m thrilled to be going in. I am, but knowing I have to go in with Leona now...that makes things abit awkward. No Leona hasn’t said anything about it, but I just feel this nervousness in me Em. Like what happens when we’re both there and see one another. What if she gets angry and goes onstage and just blasts me? And then there’s one more person going in I believe? Who knows who that could be. Maybe it might be another person who hates my guts? Who knows.”

”If she does that then she’ll be known as the one person who was gifted this illustrious membership and wasted her time trying to make someone else look bad. Knowing full well that you deserve this spot as much as she does.  Nev, this is gonna sound bad but sometimes people just won’t like you. You can’t run your life trying to be friends with everyone and worrying about what has happened. If she comes up to you, be honest. Congratulate her, tell her how much she’s earned it. And if she says anything you say a lot has changed since back then. And if she STILL wants to hold a grudge, so be it. From what I’ve learned, wrestlers are sometimes very forgiving. Other times very petty. You gotta just be you, worry about you. Love you. Everyone else will come around.”

(There went Ember hitting Nevaeh right in the face with logic and truth once more. The Good Doctor had a valid point. Nevaeh was aware that not everyone was universally liked. It wasn’t like Nevaeh suddenly wanted to be friends with everyone. She did still holds grudges or have issues with certain people. Nevaeh wasn’t looking to be bestfriends with Leona, but have her know that she regretted what she did with her leg and the car door.

But aside from that there was another issue about the hall of fame Nevaeh was dealing with)

’You’re right Giraffe, I know you’re right. You’re always right. I just need to face this head on and deal with whatever happens…..yeah….yeah I need to do that at the hall of fame”

(Nevaeh meant it in more ways than one..)

”Show up. Show respect, be honest. That will do more for you than hiding from attention ever will. Besides if Leona hasn’t bashed the likes of Mika Demidov already, I really doubt she’ll take time out of being grateful just to try and spurn you. Let’s be rational here.”

(Ember added a light chuckle at the end of her statement, hoping it help lighten the mood. Nevaeh heard what she said once more and it stung a tad when she heard Ember say “hiding”. Yet..that was what Nevaeh had been doing previously, and if she was honest with herself it’s what she was feeling like doing for the hall of fame.)

’It’s just the nerves I guess. Having to stand before all of those people, my peers..the people I caused alot of shit for the past several years. I think about that and things just start going through my head that I’m not certain about…”

(Nevaeh didn’t finish that statement, leaving what “things” she was referring to hanging in the air. Ember picked up on it immediately)

”What things, Nev? What kind of stuff is going through your head even after all of this?”

(Nevaeh looked downward for a moment, twiddling her thumbs as she spoke. She had something racing in her mind that she wanted answered. But would Ember give her the answer she was seeking? Did Nevaeh even know what she was seeking? But as she stood there she could feel Ember gazing down on her. Nevaeh brought them here...time to get it out)

”I need to ask you something. Something that...that I’ve been trying to figure out for awhile. I need you to be honest with me. You’re always honest and I don’t want you to say anything that isn't true. Don’t hold back because you think it hurt my feelings. Ok? Promise me you’re gonna give me an honest answer”

”I promise, Nev. I always give an honest answer.”

(Nevaeh looked up at the tall, slender blonde, her best friend of over three years. There was no one more honest then Ember Carmichael. Thus why Nevaeh felt she needed to ask this question to her. Nevaeh needed to hear a response to the question she had been asking since she got the nomination…)

”Do you think I deserve to be going into the hall of fame?”

(Ember let out a little sigh and a comforting smile as she placed a hand on her friend’s shoulder. Ember leaned in just a little, making sure Nev got perfect eye contact, she wanted to make sure these words sunk in.)

”You are being inducted because you are an amazing wrestler. Not because of Silas. Not because of your past misdeeds, not because of any of that. Because between those ropes you are CHAMPION material. You are incredible. And you are being honored for that. Pardon my language but stop giving a shit about that garbage. Not where this night is concerned. This is about achievements, and about being noticed for your hard work. Just like Leona and anyone else inducted, you earned this. Everything else, Silas, all that crap, that’s to be handled off stage.”

(Ember once more made sense. She was deadly serious as well with what she was saying. Ember cursing is a very rare instance and for her to do it meant she truly felt what she was saying. Nevaeh appreciated her words, but she still had a gnawing feeling inside her)

”But you have to understand. As much as I do not want to think of him, trust me I do not...I’m linked with him. All of this is linked with him. All the accolades, the titles, everything has his fingerprints on it Ember. He’s gonna be hanging over this. It’s one of the reasons as to why I want to get back in the ring so much. I want to show the world that it wasn’t just him. That I was the talent behind it all. But…”

(Nevaeh paused momentarily, catching herself. This was tough to say for her..but she did eventually say it out loud...)

”..but there questions about what I’ve done and if he was the reason. Was he the reason I won the FFW title in the first place? Would I of ever beaten Caroline if he didn’t push things as far as he did that night? I don’t want to think about him, about if he’s the reason I got where I did, but he’s is still annoying me after all this time. Not till I get the chance to prove it will the questions go away. That’s why I feel the way I do. Did I do enough to deserve this. What I did...does that make me a hall of famer?”

(Ember gave an honest shrug.)

”You did some terrible things thanks to that jerk, it’s true. But your career isn’t defined by those unless you choose it is. You won plenty on just your skill and talent alone and you cannot deny that. Someone, or several someones believe that you deserve this spot and who are we to say otherwise? Nev you earned this, don’t try and think otherwise just because douche-face was involved in some. He’s not here anymore and he’s not named on this. The only name I read when you’re mentioned is yours.”

(It was Nevaeh now shrugging her shoulders, even letting out a small chuckle)

”I’m trying to accept the honor Ember, I really am. On one hand I’m thrilled about it, but on the other I got this stuff racing through my head.  It’s just difficult for me. I mean shit I’ve been trying to work on a speech since I got the news. You know how much I’ve got written down? Zero. I open up a word doc every few days and try and write something but nothing comes out. Or I do write something and then delete it all because it doesn’t feel right to me. I just can’t find the words to address how I feel. I guess you understand why now, but I just can’t get it. I’m nervous as it is having to stand in front of all those people and speak and right now I got nothing. Hopefully it all comes to me one day cause right now I don’t know what I’m gonna do when I get there.”

”Have you considered saying that? The truth, the honest truth is a wonderful and freeing thing. I’m not going to tell you what to say or what to wear, all I’m gonna say is you should do what feels right to you.”

(It was as if those words hit Nevaeh right in the face. She processed them and found herself running them over and over. It helped bring her back down to a normal state of mind, for now anyways.)

”Maybe I will. Thanks Em. I know dealing with blabbermouth Nevaeh isn’t the easiest thing in the world to deal with. I don’t know how one becomes a saint but I will vouch for it when the time comes.”

”Nev,  hon...I’m always gonna be here to help ok. Thick and thin, night and day, blabbermouth or otherwise. It’s what friends do.”

(Ember gave Nevaeh a warm smile, which helped Nevaeh pep up some more. Ember was a great friend and she was constantly helping Nevaeh face up to her problems. But there was one Nevaeh had already decided to face up to. Nevaeh felt she should let Ember know it.)

”I know you will you tall glass of water you. That’s why I love you. And because of that I’m letting you know that I did decide to face up to a problem. No matter what I’m gonna do this.”

”What are you gonna do, Nev?”

(Nevaeh took a moment before telling Ember what she was referring to. Mainly cause she wasn’t sure how Ember was going to take it.)

’I’ve decided that come the hall of fame weekend I’m going to apologize to Cassie face to face.”

(Ember was at a loss for words for the moment. Considering Nev’s attitude at late she did not anticipate such a move by her. Brave was an understatement, then again it wasn’t stupid. Big event, if Cassandra caused a scene it would look bad on her.)

”You sure about this?”

(Nevaeh slowly nodded her head..she was fairly sure about this…)

’Yeah, I’m sure. I umm talked with my parents about alot of things. But one big one was about Cassie. She can feel the way she wants about me. She’s angry with me, I get it. But I do need to apologize to her face to face. I owe ehr that. I’m not doing it because she called me a coward or told me to woman up. I’m doing it because it’s the right thing to do. And...maybe me telling her face to face will help ease things between us. That’s the wishful thinking notion on my part. But yeah that’s something I know for sure I want to do...let’s hope it goes well.”

”Maybe it will. Maybe it won’t. But at least you can have some closure, right?”

(Nevaeh nodded her head)

’Yeah, or maybe try and salvage a friendship. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.”

(Nevaeh spoke with a mix of somberness and seriousness with that last statement. She really was hoping to salvage things between her and Cassie, but she wasn’t sure how that apology was gonna go. Ember gave a nod at that and rubbed Nev’s shoulder with a smile.)

”But that will come in time. For now we need to find you an eye-popping dress now don’t we.”

(Nevaeh looked back around the building and the outfits were magnificent, but she was still feeling the same way towards them)

’They’re nice Ember, but I’m just not feeling all this right now. Don’t want to deal with trying on different things. Can we do this another time? I’m up for doing anything else with ya, but just not this. Is that cool?’

”We got time Nev, that’s fair. Maybe we could grab drinks or if you wanna try an clear your head there’s always the gym, or yoga?”

(Nevaeh looked at Ember with a raised eyebrow)

”The gym? I can’t believe that actually sounds great right now. Who woulda thought right? If you want to go get a workout in I’m good with it…..this must be like Christmas in June for you huh?”

[i[Nevaeh now flashed a playful smile, one that was met by one from Ember in return.)[/i]

”Something like that. Heck, maybe you can show me a few moves. Could always use a little help with self defence, and it’s fun to see the inner workings of your business. Or y’know, just run till our legs are noodles.”

(Nevaeh found Ember’s pitch a strange one.)

”Teach you some moves? Ember wrestling isn’t easy. The holds and moves are dangerous, especially for someone who isn’t properly trained. I could show you basic things, but nothing risky.”

”Simple stuff, like an armbar or whatever. Could help, who knows. Might even be fun. I promise to be a good student, Ms. Summers.”

(Nevaeh immediately held up a hand. She was also still trying to figure out where this desire for self defence came from)

’Easy there on the “Ms. Summers” stuff, alright? You sure you really want to know about this stuff? It’s not easy to pick up, it can hurt too. Are you positive you want to pick these little things up? Why do you want to learn self defence anyways all of a sudden? Ain’t nobody gonna mess with you, you’ll just stomp on’em”

(Nevaeh could help herself with the playful jab. Ember seemed amused as she responded)

”Better safe than sorry, right? Besides it’s neat to get a glimpse into the minds of wrestlers outside of...well...troubles. To see what it’s like, if that makes sense.”

(It was sound logic, so sound Nevaeh couldn’t really argue it. She looked at Ember, who looked to be pleading with her.)

’Ok, if we do this we do it my way. I’m going to show you basic things that you can use to protect yourself. Nothing flashy or crazy. No moonsaults or splashes or anything like that. Just basic, fundamental stuff. That cool?”

(Ember grinned from ear to ear like a giddy child.)

”Yaay! Yeah absolutely, let’s be honest I’m not the most coordinated at the best of times. Whatever you say Ms...I mean Coach.”

(Nevaeh now seemed intrigued..)

”Coach”..could get me a whistle now..hmmm...alright let’s go get ready for the gym. Let’s go have...fun”

(Ember and Nevaeh now both started to head for the exit. Both seem pleased, till Ember spoke up..)

”Oh by the way, has your mom gotten back to you about those speaking arrangements?”

(Nevaeh responded quickly as they kept walking towards the exit)

”...you’re asking me about this again? I told you like an hour ago she hadn’t”

”What can I say, you’ve peaked my interest. And you know what happens when I get curious. C’mon, we can talk about it at the gym.”

”...great…”

(Both women now made their way out of the store as the scene faded to black)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: