Femme Fatale Wrestling
April 18, 2024, 07:47:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 39

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 39  (Read 179 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: May 11, 2018, 04:19:46 pm »

A lightning bolt strikes the screen, leaving the Future Shock logo. Then we see a new studio for the web show with a giant curved video wall behind the host, Jake Chandler. He’s sat on the now trademark purple sofa with Gary the Goldfish in a bowl decked out with rockstar decorations. Jake’s looking around at the new set before he looks back to the camera.

Jake: Hello, everyone! Welcome to a brand new After Shock! As you can see, they remodeled the studio we had been using here in Los Angeles. I’m Jake, we got Gary here, and even though the set has changed, it’s still the same show. Before we get started, let me introduce my guest who has a reserved seat here on the sofa.

He points to the reserved seating sign on the cushion across from him before looking back to the camera.

Jake: She ended Lilliana Leucrotta’s undefeated streak this past Tuesday at Future Shock, and I think that’s definitely worthy of a return on After Shock. C’mon on in, Mara Werth!

The raven haired woman looked around the set as she walked in, smoothing out her retro style dress as she sat down.

Mara: Hi Jake, thank you for inviting me on and for that warm introduction. They’ve done a real nice job here remodelling the studio.  Hope Gary is enjoying his new surroundings.

Jake: Oh yeah, he’s pretty laid back about these things. As long as his bowl is clean and he’s fed, he’s good for whatever. Thanks for coming. I figure it has to feel good to have ended Lilliana’s streak last Future Shock. She’d been running roughshod for a while, and doesn’t seem to like anyone or anything.

Mara: Yeah, she’d certainly been very aggressive in her matches and likes to impose her will on everyone she’s fought - mostly using her fists and boots and anything else that’s attached to her. She was really building up momentum and making a huge name for herself so it was really good to knock her off her perch. Especially after I read that she thought I was worthless and having to listen to go on and on week after week about how she was so much better than everyone else and shouldn’t have to go through the whole Future Shock experience. Maybe she’ll recognise that she’s not as good as she thinks she is… though I doubt it. And it was kinda made even sweeter by the fact that I beat her at her own game; that I outbrawled her.

Jake: You really did, and you even got a surprise out of the whole thing. Adam added you to her match with Lydia Charisma in Glasgow on June 12th, and has put an Aspire Ring shot on the line for the winner. That’s going to be a challenge and a half, both trying to outdo her twice AND getting past Lydia too.

Mara: Especially when there’s an Aspire Ring shot on the line which Lilliana has been demanding. I’m sure wanting to get revenge on me and walk out of Glasgow with that shot at the ring will make Leucrotta even more dangerous than she is usually. Throw in a woman with the stature and power of Lydia Charisma too… and I’ve got a mountain to climb. That might possibly end up being the sleeper match of the night.

As they spoke, highlights from the match between Mara & Lilliana show on the video wall behind them.

Jake: That’s true! Let’s also not forget that the graduation poll is now full. Angel will be joining Rose to see which of the two the fans want to see head to FFW next. She kinda….took the low road to get past Angelina Fantastica though.

Highlights from the main event begin to play behind them.

Mara: Angelina took Angel to the limit didn’t she? Really forced Angel to dig down deep and pull out every trick that she had in her extensive bag of tricks. Guess if you want to be generous to Angel then she brought all of her experience to bear in order to get onto the graduation poll. Now she’s in a straight up vote with a girl who has captured the fans imagination with her spirit and her attitude in the ring. I don’t want to second guess the Future Shock fans because they’re always capable of springing a surprise, but I think you can say there’s an early favourite for the poll.

The graduation poll image appears on the giant video wall showing both girls.

Jake: The graduation poll opens immediately after Future Shock goes off the air on the next show. And we’ll find out the winner in Glasgow! But both Angel and Rose will be at the next show, and given an opportunity to sway the fans one last time before the polls open.

Mara: That could be a very important night for both Rose and Angel, getting to campaign to the fans and court their votes; a last opportunity for them to correct the fans preconceptions of them and maybe put themselves over the top.

Jake: What did you think of the match between Celeste and Gemme Pierce?

Mara: I was very impressed by what I saw. It was very back and forth, both wrestlers showed off all their skills and left everything in the ring. In a way, it showed me how far I could still go; how much there is that I could learn watching them square off and some of the things they pulled off. It was very competitive between them. When it came down to it, Gemma managed to dig out the win - but it could so easily have gone Celeste’s way. I’m sure they’ve both picked up more fans as a result of their match.

Jake: We also got to hear from one of the newest Prospects on the last show. What did you make of Nora Harris?

Mara: She’s feisty and I whole heartedly applaud her for wanting to expand her horizons and experience new things. She’s already made a splash in stopping Stacey Sky from attacking Angela Keanan. Adam seems to be pretty excited by her and he’s a much better judge of talent that I will be, so on that I think she’s going to have a lot of potential and probably a very bright future.

Jake: I think you’re right. Let’s turn our attention to the next show, shall we? Honestly with Glasgow coming up, this show also feels like a Pay Per View to me. But I’ll let you guys be the judge. In our opening match, the Aspire Ring bearer Lacey goes one on one with Kaya Crimson in a match where Kaya could earn a shot at it if she wins.

Mara: Kaya’s shown that she’s got an awful lot of quality in the ring, she did beat Casey Atherton after all… so when she can string it all together, and when she’s got a lot of motivation - which you’d think she would have against the Aspire Ring holder - she can be a huge threat to anyone. Lacey’s going to have to go into this match at her best and completely focused on her opponent. I’m sure Kyle will have her prepared when she heads out there and he’ll probably have a plan A and B and C in case things start to go south. Something Kaya will have to look out for and can draw on her experience of dealing with the choir.  It should be a really exciting contest.

Jake: That sounds pretty accurate to me! Then we’ve got another rematch on the show. After Mila made the “Lioness” tap out at Anarchy, she’s got even bigger game at Future Shock...literally. With Valentina barred from ringside this time, she’ll face the Titaness again, Isis Morales!

Mara: You’re not kidding about the whole bigger game thing are you? Isis Morales is an absolute monster isn’t she? Not just big, but supremely strong too. Kinda like, and I don’t mean this as an insult to her because I’m not looking to pick a fight with her at the moment but, King Kong. Valentina being banned from ringside is a small help… like being given a fire extinguisher to put out a raging inferno of a forest fire. Still, it’s going to be the second time Mila has stepped into the ring with Isis and she looked good the first time around, so if she’s learned her lessons from that Isis probably won’t have it all her own way. Plus with that big win at Anarchy putting wind in her sails, Mila could very well slay the Titaness. I guess we’ll have to see if Isis can adapt and surprise her.

Jake: We also have something of a challenge, but not set forth by Adam. Celeste, who we saw against Gemma last show, has told her manager, Christian Kincaid, that she can eat a large fruit basket before the show is over next week. I’ve never seen an eating challenge before, but Celeste has accepted and there’s even a betting pool now on whether she can do it. What do you think? Can Celeste eat a whole fruit basket of fresh fruit in less than a hour?

Mara grinned.

Mara: I think that’s going to be quite the sight to see. I understand that she can’t blend it; that she has to eat it as it comes in the basket. Personally I think she might be onto a loser either way. Eating all that fruit in one sitting can’t be good for a person. Though I’m certainly looking forward to seeing her try. Might even buy into the pool. What was it? $50 to say she can do it? I’ll take a piece of that action and back my fellow prospect.

Jake: I’m sure Christian will be happy to add you to the pool. I’m a little skeptical that she can, but either way, it’s gonna be a long night for her after it’s over, I think. But onto our main event, Mara! Check this out! We’ve got the #1 contender to the Future Shock Championship by virtue of cashing in the Aspire Ring, Bianca “Killer B” Reed, going one on one with the 1 Percenter Valerie McKinley!

Mara: Valerie’s been knocking on the door of getting a shot at the Future Shock Championship with matches against Gillie and Andi, just coming up short on each occasion. This could be another big chance for her to finally kick down that door and barge right on through by scoring a win over the #1 contender. Though that’s easier said than done. Bianca’s been on one Hell of a run, winning the Aspire Ring, racking up the defences she needed to cash it in for the shot. It could be an awful long night for Valerie if she’s going to put a stop to that kinda run against a very determined and driven Killer B. This might not just end up as match of the night, it could be a match of the year contender when all is said and done.

Jake: It’s definitely going to be a very full night when Future Shock returns May 22nd for the 39th show since the relaunch. You got a Pay Per View worthy card, the final push towards the graduation poll between Angel and Rose Gardner, and even an eating contest for Celeste! We’ll be back in Boston on the last leg before Future Shock invades Glasgow on June 12! Who knows what else we may see on the show as well?! I want to thank Mara for joining me today, and we’ll see you all back in Boston May 22nd as Year Three of Future Shock picks up steam!

The camera pulls back as Jake shakes hands with his guest before the video cuts out on the Future Shock logo.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 04:24:39 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: