Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 29, 2024, 07:13:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 42

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 42  (Read 143 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: June 23, 2018, 05:58:45 pm »

A lightning bolt strikes the screen, leaving the Future Shock logo. Then we see a new studio for the web show with a giant curved video wall behind the host, Jake Chandler. He’s sat on the now trademark purple sofa with Gary the Goldfish in a bowl decked out with rockstar decorations. Jake’s sprinkling a couple flakes into Gary’s fishbowl before he addresses the camera.

Jake: Hello, everyone! Welcome to After Shock, the one place to get all the latest news on all things Future Shock. If you’re new to the show, I’m Jake Chandler and I run FFW’s official news account. On today’s show, we’ll be talking about all the news coming out of the pool party this past Tuesday, and what’s coming up when Future Shock heads back to Boston. But before that, I have a co-host for the show who was part of the pool party. So she has firsthand experience, to say the least. She’s the current Aspire Ring bearer with her first defense under her belt. Welcome back to After Shock, Lacey.

The Aspire Ring bearer comes into the shot and offers Jake a small smile before taking a seat. She takes her time to adjust her dress and cross one leg over the other.

Lacey: Thank you, Jake. It’s always nice to give the fans more exposure to me. I know how much it brightens their little lives.

Jake: I’m sure they appreciate it. In a little bit, we’ll also have another guest joining us. Christian Kincaid, who manages Tara Cortez among others in Future Shock, will be here too. But before we get to all that, Lacey, I’m sure you’d like to talk about your dodgeball victory. So the floor is yours.

Lacey: That was spectacular wasn’t it? And I think it goes to show again just how good I am. If there had been a better thrower at the Halloween Dodgeball I likely would have won that too. But as we all know, the thrower at that event was subpar to say the least. It turns out Celeste isn’t much better at actually being a participant in the game either, is she?

Jake: There were some circumstances that caused that, namely the “Lioness” Elizabeth Lannister. But she was eliminated, more because of her than anything. It was looking pretty touch and go there for you at the end. It almost looked like Mara Werth was going to go 2-0 in dodgeball.

Lacey: Oh cry me a river. Celeste would have lost anyway, Elizabeth was being nice and saving her from continuing to embarrass herself. And since when does almost equate to anything? Mara “almost” won the dodgeball. I “almost” won the lottery. Almost means nothing. The right woman won, and that is all that matters.

Jake: Okay, I’m not going to argue. I had enough of that the other day on Twitter. Anywho, let’s turn our attention to the water joust, won by Cassandra Steen. I’m going to guess that you enjoyed her performance, and think she did well?

Lacey: Well of course I did. And I’m sure I’m not the only one who enjoyed seeing that. She performed with class and again, she won which is the most important thing to take away from that Water Joust. There are no prizes for second place.

Jake: Well that much is true, at least. For those who may not have heard it or seen it on Adam’s Twitter, Lacey will be in the qualifiers for this year’s Future Shock Cup. And her partner going into that will be the “Lioness” Elizabeth Lannister. Congratulations on being chosen to chase one of Future Shock’s most prestigious prizes.

Lacey: Thank you, Jake. I was pleased to see that announcement. Especially given who I am teaming with. Can you think of a better team in terms of talent, class and let’s face it, attractiveness? I certainly can’t and anybody that says otherwise will just be lying through jealousy.

Jake: Also confirmed to be in the qualifiers is the team of Celeste and Lydia Charisma! There’s still two more teams yet to be announced, but keep an eye on Adam’s Twitter account for that and the shows themselves. The pool party even had some special guests, like Rhea Laskaris, Luci, Lilly Arthur, Sydney Christensen and someone who seems to be a fan of yours, Wilma Iris Napier.

Lacey: It was a very nice surprise to see Wilma in attendance. It was also nice to see Rhea, although that wasn’t a surprise. The other three, well… they were there. I suppose it was a good way for them to try and get some of Future Shock’s shine to try and rub off on them.

Jake: The final challenge on the show was a first, log rolling. Five Prospects went at it, and Tara Cortez came away successful after some...malfunctions, I guess, on everyone else’s log but hers. Not to mention we found out that there’s clearly two Taras...though I’m sure she has a name. I just don’t know it. Before we bring in her manager, Lacey, any thoughts from the log rolling challenge?

Lacey: It was hardly Tara’s fault that the mechanisms were malfunctioning was it? From where she was, she just ran the logs like everyone else. People are so quick to come up with excuses for losing, it happens all the time. I guess nobody wants to admit that they just weren’t good enough, do they?

Jake: Well…..let’s just bring in her manager, shall we? C’mon in, Mr. Kincaid.

Christian Kincaid heads into the shot, and takes a seat on the other side of Lacey. He gives Jake a handshake, and a gentler one to Lacey as he makes himself comfortable.

Christian: Glad to be here, Jake. I know you have some questions about the pool party, so I made a trip to LA just to answer your questions.

Jake: Thanks! So let’s get right down to it. You saw it just like everyone else. Who is the other woman that participated in the log rolling challenge?

Christian: There was no other woman competing in the log rolling challenge, Jake. Tara was out there start to finish, and she won. There was no one else competing on her behalf. There’s only one Tara Cortez.

Jake: Yeah, but who was in the control room that Andi ran into?

Christian: Well clearly Andi believes it was Tara. Like she has some kind of clone. What is this, science fiction? There’s only ONE Tara Cortez. A super talented woman twice as good from Fort Worth, Texas.

Jake seemed to be trying to find another way to pose his question.

Jake: So you tell me then. How can she be poolside in the competition AND in the control room simultaneously where Andi found her?

Christian: Let me answer your question with a question. Was Future Shock’s pool party live like the usual shows are?

Jake: No.

Christian: Of course not, Fiji is 16 hours ahead of Eastern time. It was taped. So if it was taped, that means that the production team who puts the show together had the opportunity to edit the show how they wanted. Given how very few seem to like Tara, who’s to say they didn’t edit it to make it look like there’s two of her? Who’s to say after Vivi chased her after the log rolling that she didn’t run straight to the control room where Andi ran into her? And who’s to say the production team didn’t edit it to make it look like something was suspicious?

Lacey: That all sounds perfectly plausible to me. After all, it is impossible for one person to be in two places at once.

Christian: You’ve seen her for almost a year now in Future Shock. How many Taras have you seen competing in her matches? How many times have you seen more than one Tara on screen when shows are live? How many?

Jake: Well...none. But look at all the odd things that happened during many of those matches that can be explained if there’s another Tara under the ring all that time.

Christian: I give you my word, Jake. There’s only ONE Tara Cortez. You should talk to the producers, and see if they had a hand in editing that show. The most important question for you to answer for me, Jake, is was it one girl or two who had their hands raised in every single challenge and match Tara’s ever had?

Jake: It was just one.

Christian: And whose name was called out as the winner all those times?

Jake: ...Tara Cortez.

Christian: There’s only ONE Tara Cortez, Jake. Does that answer all your concerns?

Jake: Not really, but--

Christian: I don’t know any other way to explain it for you, Jake. That’s as simple as it gets. Just like her Twitter handle says, there’s only ONE Tara Cortez. And when she faces Andi at Wipeout, what you are seeing is Andi getting her excuse ready when she can’t back up all the bullying and trash talking she’s been doing on Tara for weeks. When Tara’s done, Andi may be seeing double...or triple if Tara has her way about it.

The manager seems a little amused, while Jake looks a bit perturbed. The host takes a deep breath, and scratches the back of his head.

Jake: Well...we’ll see. Let’s talk about the next Future Shock. You’re welcome to stay if you want, Mr. Kincaid.

Christian: Christian is fine. I’m not that formal.

Jake: July 3 on the day before America’s Independence Day, Future Shock returns to the Future Shock Arena in Boston with 3 matches on tap. The main event was already announced at the pool party in a big six woman tag match when the Privileged Circle meets the reigning Future Shock Tag Champions NHB and Harley Shannon.

Christian: Good match here. I know NHB are a tremendous tag team, but they also have a third this time that they’ve never teamed with before. So I’m not sure how Harley could affect their chemistry. As for the Circle, those girls are a unit. I don’t think their chemistry will be off at all. And then you got Isis….who is pretty much a force all her own.

Lacey: I have no doubt that NHB and Harley will give it their best shot, but just look at who they are facing. They are severely outclassed by the Privileged Circle. I don’t even think it will be that close really, I think the Privileged Circle are going to dominate.

Jake: Also on the show, we’ll have two in-ring debuts that night. In one match, we’ll see Future Shock’s Pixie Nora Harris back in the ring when she faces Cassandra Steen. Nora’s been having issues with Stacey Sky, but Cassandra can see a lot of her matches and prepare. Nora doesn’t have that ability since Cassandra’s only ever competed once, and it’s probably not something she remembers fondly.

Lacey: You can’t really compare how she is going to be now to the match you’re referring to. I happen to know that Cassandra has had a lot of intensive training since then, with some of the best trainers that money can buy. Nora will likely get over confident at facing a relative novice and fall flat on her face.

Christian: I saw some flashes in Cassandra’s matches, sparks that told me as a trainer that there’s some potential for development there. I don’t know how far along she’s come since that was in February and here we are in June. So I think Nora could be in for a surprise, but I don’t know that for a fact. If experience is what makes the difference in the end, you have to go with Nora. But experience is rarely the deciding factor in every match, otherwise rookies would never win much of anything, would they?

Jake: Also we’ll be seeing the debut of Mars Whimsey! She seems like a pretty nice girl, though I haven’t met her yet. She’ll be facing a very unkind girl who isn’t really all that polished in the ring. But she still has done well for herself. Mars will meet Lilliana Leucrotta on the 3rd.

Lacey: Since when does being kind come into play? Really, when you think about it. Kindness doesn’t win wrestling matches. Having seen nothing of Mars it’s hard to say what she can or can’t do in the ring. But it could be interesting to see. Or slightly more interesting than watching paint dry at least.

Christian: I think Mars is in for a long night win or lose here. Lilliana is coming off the back of two straight losses, and it’s looking like opponents are figuring her out a little better than they were when she started. I have no idea what Mars is capable of in the ring. I’ve not seen any video anywhere of her, so I have nothing to base an opinion on as far as who might win. But I think Lilliana might need the win more than Mars, due to the fact she needs to get back on track. It’s had to have expectations of someone you have no idea what they are capable of.

Jake: That’s the whole card when Future Shock returns to Boston on July 3rd. Also it feels like your client, Christian, is getting called to the principal’s office since you and her both will have to see Adam that night.

Christian: I’m not too worried about that. Adam and I get along alright. And even if we didn’t, he can’t dispute her success rate. As a matter of fact, Tara and I plan to ask for her to be put into the Future Shock Cup qualifiers. She more than deserves the shot being undefeated for the better part of a year now.

Jake: Who would you want to be her partner?

Christian: Tara’s won matches against multiple opponents with no one in her corner. I’m not convinced she has to have one, but if that’s what he wants to make it happen, that’s fine with me.

Jake: We’ll find out. I’m looking forward to seeing what goes down in Beantown. Lacey, is there anything in particular on this show that you are most interested to see?

Lacey: For me it is obviously the matches with Cassandra and Valerie in that interest me. I will be cheering for both of them in their respective matches. Even though I am sure they both have it more than in the bag anyway.

Jake: Christian, how about you?

Christian: The main event. As someone who knows a good bit about what it takes to make a successful tag team, tag matches tend to interest me most on almost every card I see. This is no exception.

Jake: There you have it, fans! Back in Boston on July 3rd, Future Shock continues on the road to Wipeout on August 14th. I’m sure we’ll find out more about that card and there’s never any telling what else will happen. Make sure you join us the day before Independence Day, and join us as we head towards Future Shock’s own version of the Super Bowl...Wipeout! Thanks to Lacey and Christian for joining me, and we’ll see you on the 3rd!

Jake shakes their hands as the two guests begin to chat, leaving the host out of the loop before we fade to black.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: