Femme Fatale Wrestling
April 19, 2024, 11:10:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 43

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 43  (Read 151 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: July 07, 2018, 06:07:58 pm »

A lightning bolt strikes the screen, leaving the Future Shock logo. Then we see a familiar studio for the web show with a giant curved video wall behind the host, Jake Chandler. He’s sat on the now trademark purple sofa with Gary the Goldfish in a bowl decked out with rockstar decorations. Jake’s sprinkling a couple flakes into Gary’s fishbowl before he addresses the camera.

Jake: Hi there, and welcome to After Shock! If you’re new to the show, I’m Jake Chandler and you’ve probably seen me on the official FFW Twitter account. This is the show where we talk about what’s coming up on the next edition of Future Shock. But this week, I’ve got scoops and all sorts of cool stuff to share with you. But the coolest part is I have an awesome co-host too! She’s one of the newest Prospects in Future Shock, and already my favorite Pixie. C’mon in, Nora Harris!

He looks off stage, and dusts off the couch cushion as if it needed it before he is joined by his guest. Nora is smiling as she steps up to the couch and has a seat, arranging her sundress comfortably and crossing her legs at the ankles, swinging her feet and their shiny sandals a bit before she speaks.

Nora: Hello everyone! Thank you for inviting me Jake this is really cool.

Jake: I’m glad you’re here! We got lots to cover together, but before we do, I wanted to tell you what a great job you did at Future Shock. You had a good match with Cassandra Steen, and I was sure you had it in the bag. Either way, you were great. And who better to talk with me about the show than someone who was part of it?

Nora: Thank you. I really do believe that every match is something that matters, and I love hearing from the fans what they think. It was a decent match, I learned exactly what I needed to know about not only Cassandra Steen but Kyle too so I can’t say that it wasn’t entirely worthwhile, though I won’t repeat what my cousin Megan said about both of them.

She blinks with a slight bit of coyness then grins.

Nora: I’d get bleeped for sure.

Jake: Yeah, we don’t know what young ears could be watching this after all. What did you make of the debut of Mars Whimsey? You might have had to put on sunglasses if your TV brightness was set at the max.

Nora: Oh man that was a fun match to watch too, and I really like how well Mars moves in the ring. She’s got this sort of neat confidence in herself and her style is just amazing! You know, it’s not very popular to talk about it bluntly, but there are a lot of vain and shallow people in this business that would try to really down a girl like Mars just for being happy for who she is. But this girl is not only fine, she’s got a killer outlook. Now her opponent was pretty cool too, don’t get me wrong, but you asked me what I thought about Mars.

Jake: It’s for the best. Her opponent won’t likely be back, so there’s not much point in discussing her all that much. What were your impressions on the six woman tag team main event? The Boston crowd didn’t seem too thrilled with the outcome, but that’s how it goes sometimes.

Nora makes a slight face then she nods, a smile coming back again.

Nora: The fans like what they like and I enjoy that they’re vocal about it. The thing is, can you actually blame them here? Coming from someone that’s never going to be the tallest in any equation, coming up against someone that much bigger is a real challenge. You have to shift your entire strategy, and sometimes? Some people just can’t. That said, Jem was pretty great in there, don’t you think?

Jake: Of course, but I expect it from our tag champions. NHB and Harley were great, but Isis is a difference maker anytime she steps into the ring. We’ll see if this puts a dent in the tag title picture for NHB.

A picture of Tara Cortez pops up on the video wall behind them as Jake looks from it to his guest.

Jake: I have some exclusive footage that was taped during the show Tuesday regarding Tara Cortez. But I was curious how you felt about “10 Star” Tara with what you’ve seen?

Nora glances back at the video wall and then looks back to Jake, and she nods her head a little bit.

Nora: Well you know, you should always appreciate a hustle when you see one, Jake. Fake it until you make it is a true way of life for some people and you have to have just a little bit of respect, even a kernel, for someone that’s willing to put themselves in the public eye and make a fool out of themselves for attention - because people are afraid to look bad, and those that can step out of that mindset and just do whatever? Those people sometimes succeed in ways that skill and talent would never have let them. At least, that’s what my trainer told me!

Jake: That’s a very optimistic view you have for her. You might be one of the few to feel that way. But with that said, she was due to meet with Adam Tuesday after the shenanigans we saw at the pool party. Our own Sara Wilkins was there to find out what went on during that meeting Tuesday. So let’s go to the footage.

He turns his attention back to the video wall before the clip begins to play.

Tara Has No Equal

We find Sara Wilkins standing outside the office of the Future Shock Director just as “10 Star” Tara Cortez and her manager, Christian Kincaid, are leaving. CK closes the door behind him, and nearly runs into Sara before spotting her.

Christian: We’re gonna have to put a bell on you or something if you’re going to be sneaking up on people like that.

Sara: Oh, sorry! I had heard Adam was going to be talking with you both, and wanted to find out the details of the meeting you two had.

Christian: We were talking about this woman right here, of course. Just like a lot of other people. And if you plan to ask me about the pool party, I covered that on the last After Shock. So we’re not fielding any questions about that.

This seemed to stump Sara, or at the very least, annoy her.

Sara: Okay then, what all did your meeting with Adam involve?

Christian: The first and foremost thing we wanted to accomplish was to get this undefeated and mega-talented woman involved in the Future Shock Cup. After all, she is undefeated and has been for nearly a year now. She should be the first choice to be included, not the one who we have to go lobby to be involved.

Tara: And after the full year I’ve gone so far without coming so close to being handed an L, I’d wager to say that this year’s Cup should be handed to me. Because I think my genius and my talent have been proven over and over, be it inside the ring, or in a silly pool party challenge. Now… I’m aware some people would take exception to that, because haters and losers don’t like to admit when they’ve been had by someone as great as myself, so… Hell, I’ll gladly enter the Cup and win it the standard way.

Sara: But to get into the Cup, you have to have a partner. And Tara has no friends really around Future Shock that I’m aware of.

Christian: Who said you had to have friends? You only need a partner to get into the Cup match, and besides that, Tara’s proven that she can handle multiple opponents at the same time. To be fair, she could enter by herself and still come out victorious. Look at that ring on her finger, it says it all.

Christian lifts Tara’s hand, showing both Sara and the camera the 10 Star Ring he purchased for her some time ago.

Tara: In case you missed the memo, I’m twice as good as your favorite wrestler. Hell, I’m as good as the two of your favorite wrestlers combined. And this ring is the physical embodiment of it. So it would be perfectly reasonable if I entered the Cup all by myself, because I could still wipe the floor with the rest of the competition.

Sara: So is he gonna let her enter by herself?

Christian: No, he didn’t allow that. But then I suggested that Angel didn’t have a partner either when he and I talked earlier so….that’s who will be joining Tara to get into the Cup finals.

Sara: Tara is gonna team with Angel?

Tara scoffs LOUDLY.

Tara: No. Angel is going to team with me and my greatness. Hell, she might as well not even show up and it’ll still be the easiest FS Cup win for her, because her partner’s so great.

Christian: Now if you’ll excuse us, we are going to go find Angel and let her know she’s got herself a partner now.

Tara: And as for you…

Tara stares Sara up and down with a somewhat condescending expression.

Tara: Wear a bell next time, darling.

As the pair heads off leaving Sara pondering that news, the video cuts and we head back to Jake in the studio.

~ ~ ~

Jake: Despite apparently wanting to enter the Future Shock Cup qualifiers by herself, Tara will now join forces with Angel. Neither of them are really known for being team players, but if they want into the Cup finals, they’ll have to work together.

Nora: Oh that…

She takes a few small breaths, clearly attempting to control a case of the giggles, one small one slipping through before she takes a deeper breath and presents a more controlled expression.

Nora: That’s hilarious! But did you see it, Jake? Did you see exactly what I was saying? That’s just priceless!

He nodded his head before giving it a shake.

Jake: Yeah, she was my co-host for After Shock once….. But let’s look ahead, and not get into that experience. On July 17th, Future Shock heads back to Boston for the 43rd episode. And my guest...well she’s gonna be a big part of that show! You can almost call it Nora’s Revenge if you wanted.

A match graphic appears on the video wall showing them and the viewers one of the scheduled matches.

Jake: Since they wanted to work together to cost Nora her match, Adam has put Cassandra Steen and “Sensational” Stacey Sky into a tag match with Nora here and her partner that night, Celeste!

Nora holds up a finger.

Nora: They needed, Jake. There’s a big diff between wanting and needing… and sort of shame on Kyle too. Exposing that he has no faith in those girls like that, it’s shocking I tell you. It’s hecking rude for that matter. But! I am delighted that we get this tag match and I promise you that I definitely got the better deal when it comes to tag partners. Celeste is great! She’s a nice person and she’s a fine wrestler too. She’s no backstabbing wench a lot.

Jake: I agree with that. I’m a big fan of Celeste. She also got screwed over when she was challenging for the Aspire Ring. She has some issues with Elizabeth Lannister currently, but I’m sure she’ll be happy to smack around some of Kyle’s other clients. And after the last couple shows, I doubt you mind getting an extra crack at Stacey and Cassandra.

She smiles brightly again, bouncing a little on the couch cushion.

Nora: Well that’s an excellent way to put it Jake. I would most definitely like another crack at cracking the pair of them around the head and shoulders with some kicks and then dropping them on said heads with the Code of Silence.

Jake: I’m already looking forward to it. Also on the show, two of the women currently in line for a shot at the Aspire Ring will collide.

Jake: The “6 String Sinner” Lydia Charisma is gonna put her power and...charisma to the test against Gemma Pierce. You got a technician like the “World Piercer” and the “Rawk of Ages” like Lydia. I’m looking forward to this one!

Nora claps her hands, her face lighting up.

Nora: Oh see, this is going to be a blast to watch for anyone that’s a fan of technical wrestling. Gemma Pierce is a beast when it comes down to it, she’s so clean in the ring. And Lydia Charisma, she’s… you watch her and you catch yourself going ‘wow’ and gasp at some of the stuff she can pull off. You best believe that the time to get snacks comes well before these two come down to the ring.

Jake: Fully agreed, Nora! Before we get to the main event though, there’s breaking news I have come across that even Adam hasn’t announced publicly yet. Do you remember the girl who was causing trouble at the pool party, and then at the show last week by turning fans’ drinks over on them in the crowd?

There was a little crease between Nora’s brows as she thought and then her expression clears and she nods.

Nora: I do… and I have a feeling the next thing you say is going to be super intriguing so… spill!

Jake: Well I hope everything has been intriguing, but I’ll take it!

A picture of the brunette pops up on the video wall behind them.

Jake: That’s Ashley Maldano, who goes by Slashley if you follow her on Twitter. And she is the latest addition to the Prospect roster in Future Shock.

Nora stills, her eyes narrow and then she shakes her head and sighs, pretending that she isn’t avidly glancing at Maldano.

Nora: Oh. It’s her.

Nora crosses her arms over her chest and gives a rather unladylike snort, before continuing.

Nora: She’s a cheesecake thief, or so I hear. Either way, Celeste and I both know about this girl. She’s at least talented in the ring, but don’t turn your back on her or you get what you get.

An arched eyebrow raises on Jake’s face, but he decides not to push it any further. Then the main event graphic appears on the video wall.

Jake: In our main event, it’s going to be a super rare defense on cable television of the Future Shock Championship when “Old School” Gillie Barnes defends against the “1 Percenter” and another of Kyle’s clients, Valerie McKInley! The winner goes onto Wipeout to defend against “Killer B” Bianca Reed!

Nora: Ooooooh….

After this drawn out sound the animation and cheer flood back into Nora and she grins.

Nora: That’s going to be just killer! They have stacked a lot into this match and you know both of them are going to probably try and kill the other to get that plum waiting at the end of it. And Bianca Reed is so tough, so whoever wins this knows that they’ve still got another tough match ahead! That’s exciting, isn’t it?

Jake: I’m not sure Gillie is excited. She and Valerie have met before, even before you arrived. And there’s no love lost between them. They actually...can’t stand one another. I think it comes with the sense of entitlement Valerie has being very wealthy, and Gillie coming from a working class background where everything she has...she had to work hard to get. So that’s two very different backgrounds between them.

Nora shakes her head.

Nora: Not for them, but for the fans watching it… and well, that does add an extra layer to that whole them might be trying to kill each other thing. That’s spicy!

Jake: It’s gonna be a very full night on the 17th when Future Shock heads back to Boston as we continue the road to Wipeout next month. And of all the news I shared today, it seems my co-host was most influenced by the signing of Ashley Maldano. I’m sure she’ll be there too on the 17th.

Nora glances at Jake, her hands gesturing as she speaks.

Nora: Well there was a lot of really great news and then that, so…

She can’t help the laugh then and the grin that follows.

Nora: Either way this is a show that I know I’ll watch after it’s done, you know? That way I not only get to see the matches I watch on the monitor in the back but the tag match I’m in too. That’s… enough out of me haha.

Jake: I think it’s going to be a very eye opening night. And maybe we’ll get to see more of the three women we heard from in that video too. I’m not sure what to make of that, other than it kinda reminded me of Macbeth.

Nora tips her head, thinking a bit.

Nora: Maybe, but then… I think I’d like to see some more of that before I line it up, if you know what I mean. I like having little mysteries to solve! I think that a lot of people might feel that the mystery is or has to be sinister with the trappings and all that but what if it’s just… really cool.

Jake: I’m sure we’ll find out together either way. I want to thank my favorite Pixie co-host for joining me today for After Shock. You’re a natural, Nora! And you’re always welcome to come back anytime you want.

Nora reaches and shakes Jake’s hand and grins brightly.

Nora: Thank you for inviting me, this would be really fun to do again!

Jake: We’ll see on the 17th for a jam-packed edition of Future Shock! Thanks for watching, folks!

He turns to resume talking with Nora as After Shock fades to black.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 06:14:06 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: