Femme Fatale Wrestling
April 20, 2024, 01:28:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock Wipeout

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock Wipeout  (Read 139 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: August 02, 2018, 07:13:22 pm »

The FFW logo flashes across the screen before the instrumental version of “Story of My Life” by Social Distortion begins to play. Clips of Jake with several guests on After Shock are shown, as well as his congratulating Mallory Bennett & Gillie Barnes on their respective Future Shock Championship wins. A few flashes of Gary in his fishbowl follow that, and we cut to find the host...in the ring?! Yes, Jake is sat in the middle of the ring inside an empty Future Shock Arena with an empty chair to his left.

Jake: Hi there, everyone! Thanks for watching After Shock! I’m Jake Chandler, and I have music now….which is...holy crap! Anyway, this is the show where you get caught up on the latest news coming out of FFW’s developmental brand, Future Shock. And we’re on location today at the Future Shock Arena in Boston. Usually you’d see a few thousand folks around if this were the actual show, but today there’s no show and it’s just me in the middle of the ring for once! Pretty cool, right?

He takes a second to look around, taking it all in for a moment.

Jake: On this week’s After Shock, we’re gonna be covering the upcoming Future Shock Wipeout Pay Per View on August 14th in Orlando, Florida! And there’s loads to cover, but first let me introduce my co-host for this edition…… “Midnight” Mila Martin, who will be kart racing at Wipeout on the 14th.

Mila enters the ring and looks around a little before taking the seat next to Jake.

Mila: Wow, this place looks different when there’s no crowd. It’s a little eerie actually. But anywho… Hi Jake! Thanks for having me on today.

Jake: Glad to have you, Mila. It does feel strange being in this arena without the crowd. But since I was already here for Future Shock, I figured why not do After Shock where it all happens for one show? We got tons to talk about with Wipeout, and I got two breaking news items I’ve gotten from “inside sources” that Adam hasn’t even revealed yet.

He makes air quotes with his fingers.

Jake: Are you to dive into Wipeout and cover the show?

Mila: Ready, willing and able, Jake! I’m looking forward to Wipeout so even talking about it is getting me more hyped up. And what a show that was we just had too. Is it just me or do they just keep getting better and better each time?

Jake: I’m sure I could find a few who might disagree, but that’s usually people who don’t come away successful. One thing from the show that is going to affect Wipeout is that Kaya Crimson was injured during her match with Angel. As you know, Angel did win the match. But that’s going to pull her out of her scheduled match with Gemma Pierce that was scheduled for Wipeout.

Mila: That match looked rough to watch so I can only imagine how it felt. Angel is a tough cookie no doubt at all. I hope Kaya makes a speedy recovery because it’s never a good feeling to be sidelined with an injury. And being pulled from such a big show isn’t going to make her feel any better, I’m sure.

Jake: When I get any updates on that, I’ll be sure to pass them along here on After Shock. I know Adam has found a replacement for Gemma, so she doesn’t have to miss the show. He’s keeping it hush hush, but I know who it is! And I’ll tell you guys when we get to the preview for the show. “Insider sources”, you see.

He looks quite proud of himself.

Jake: You want to tell them about the main event that was supposed to be one on on?

Mila: Ahhh… of course. The Hyenas were out in force weren’t they? That is all I can think of when I see them. They just remind me so much of them with their pack mentality. I think Mara did incredibly well to overcome that kind of numbers game. And I don’t think it hurt that she had a little back up at the end either.

Jake: She needed it. Turns out she does have some friends after all. The newly anointed Gold Standard were all over the show, not just the main event but we heard from the new Future Shock Champion too. What do you think of the 1 Percenter?

Mila: Hmm… what do I think of Valerie? Let’s just say I’ve never been one to agree with the kind of tactics her and the rest of the Hyenas put into use. Sorry, I refuse to call them the name they’ve adopted for themselves. Valerie is talented there’s no question of that, but it’s overshadowed by her ego and the shady tactics that her and her manager employ.

Jake: We also got to see the in-ring debut of Vivi Robichaud, formerly known as Mistress Vivi. she picked up a win over Tracey Murdock, who hasn’t been able to get out of the blocks with a first win in Future Shock. Vivi did it the right way though, and came away with a win.

Mila: Vivi was very impressive, well honestly both women did great, but Vivi got the well earned win. I was a little dubious at first because I’d seen some of her matches in other companies from quite a while ago.. But it was almost like watching a different person. I think she’s going to rise up the Future Shock ranks pretty quickly if she stays on that kind of form.

Jake: She has quite the opportunity coming up too. We’ll get to that in a second. But one more thing I wanted to mention was some of the odd happenings that took place Tuesday night. Things moving without being touched and whatnot, which are being attributed to--

Jake pauses for a moment as the ring ropes start shaking, despite no one touching them. He looks around with wide eyes before they finally stop.

Jake: Uh...any thoughts on that, Mila?

Mila: That was… weird. Thankfully I didn’t witness anything personally… at least not that night. But there is definitely something freaky going on around here. Maybe we have a poltergeist or something?

The lights over the ring start to dim and come back for a moment before Jake clears his throat.

Jake: Let’s move on! Future Shock Wipeout is August 14th in Orlando, Florida, which is also the home of the Magic Kingdom! Mila here will be part of a kart racing challenge to earn an Aspire Ring shot. And that lineup recently changed. She’ll be joined by Angel, Mars Whimsey, Mara Werth and now VIvi Robichaud!

Mila: I’m looking forward to that. It’s been ages since I’ve done any kart racing so it’s going to be a great challenge to be part of and with a shot at the Aspire ring up for grabs, I know it’s going to be a competitive time. It’s some line up too… it was already pretty stacked before Vivi was added, so now it’s even more so. It’s going to be tough, I just hope there’s not too many hijinks like in the other challenges I’ve been in.

Jake: Maybe not, you’ll all have the new Evolution Champion Missy as the official for the race. She always likes being involved in Future Shock. Now let’s dig into the card. The issues between Nora Harris and “Sensational” Stacey Sky of the Gold Standard have been going on for a while. They’ll settle it at Wipeout, and this time There must be a Winner! And it definitely needs one at this point.

Mila: They certainly do need to get that settled once and for all. I think Nora will likely have her head on a swivel after their previous run ins. Especially for the rest of the pack. I really want to see Nora win this one though. Put Stacey in her place or at least knock her down a couple of pegs.

Jake: Stacey won’t be the only member of the Gold Standard in the ring at Wipeout. The “Lioness” Elizabeth Lannister has been tormenting Celeste since costing her the Aspire Ring at the last Future Shock event, and even messed up her chances at the pool party. We’ll see what happens when they finally square off for the first time one on one.

Mila: It would be poetic for Celeste to turn a hose on Elizabeth like she did Lacey, after that stunt at the pool party. But knowing Elizabeth she’d probably just use it as a photo opportunity. She is talented in the ring though, so it’s not going to be an easy match, but I think Celeste will more than be able to hold her own against her.

Jake: It’s going to be a battle of former Future Shock Champions in a match that has been a long time coming. Isis Morales of the Privileged Circle, a woman you have been in the ring with, will meet Harley Shannon for the first time. Harley says she has a game plan, but I don’t know….Having a game plan for Isis is great, but she’s not like any other woman in Future Shock. What do you think?

Mila: Isis hits like a freight train and it’s at about the time you first get hit by her that any and all game plans, go straight out of the window! Maybe Harley’s will be different, but she might need to have a plan B for whatever her plan is.

Jake: I had mentioned earlier that Kaya Crimson was pulled from the match she had scheduled with Gemma Pierce, But Gemma will still compete at Wipeout. But she has another opponent, a veteran who knows what it’s like to be at the top of the mountain...who has been a world champion. The “World Piercer” will meet Jessica Anderson instead on August 14th.

Mila: Jessica has been popping up quite a bit around here and I think I like her more each time I see her. She’ll definitely give Gemma a great match I’m sure. Plus it’s good that Gemma doesn’t have to miss Wipeout… I can only imagine how angry she would have been at that. Considering how she usually is anyway!

Jake: The Aspire Ring is on the line as well. The Gold Standard is all over this show! Lacey will be defending against the “6 String Sinner” Lydia Charisma! Those two have had issues all over the place, not just in Future Shock. So I think you can definitely qualify this as a major grudge match. Lacey says she’s waiting on someone to get on her level, and Lydia may knock her off it. Who do you like here?

Mila: Without a doubt I like Lydia here. Lacey has a big mouth that she needs somebody to shut it for her. I have a feeling Lydia could be just the person to do it too. At least I’m hoping she will. Again though, she has to watch out for the rest of the pack and their manager.

Jake: We’ll find out. I also have another scoop for everyone. For those of you who follow Adam on Twitter, you’ve seen him tweeting about the letter K quite a bit. And it’s not just because it’s a pretty cool letter of the alphabet either! My “insider sources” have told me what that’s all about, Mila. And that is because he’s signed a new Prospect to the roster.

Jake: Meet Katie Keller, who you can follow on Twitter @MsKatieKeller. And she will be making her first appearance in Future Shock at Wipeout!

Mila: I did wonder what those K’s were about, but that makes perfect sense now! It’s always good to see new people appearing in Future Shock, so I’ll be interested to watch and see what Katie brings to the table.

Jake: Andi Takata has been seeing double a lot lately, Mila. At Wipeout, she might be able to clear that up when she goes up against “10 Star” Tara Cortez. Though I have been asked to mention that Tara is undefeated in Future Shock, and has been here almost a year now. What do you make of the Prospect who says she’s twice as good as anyone?

Mila: Personally I think she’s buying into her own delusions, which not many of the rest of us are. I take her being undefeated with a pinch of salt too. To my mind there’s asterisks next to just about every match she’s had. I really hope Andi shows her that getting too cocky usually ends with landing flat on your face!

Jake: Last but not least, it’s the main event! This match was changed this past week to a triple threat for the Future Shock Championship. Valerie McKinley will make her first defense against Bianca “Killer B” Reed, who earned the shot through her Aspire Ring defenses. She’ll also face “Old School” Gillie Barnes, who didn’t want to wait for her rematch and wanted it as soon as possible!

Mila: This main event got a hell of a lot more interesting with the announcement on Future Shock. Not that it wasn’t already interesting to begin with, of course. But with the addition of Gillie, Bianca won’t have to worry so much about the pack and will likely get a fairer chance. I predict a change of ownership for the Championship… or is that more of I hope for a change of ownership. Either or works!

Jake: I think we can agree the momentum is with Valerie right now. She has wins over both of her opponents, even if it took three tries against Gillie. Who are you predicting to leave with the Future Shock Championship?

Mila: That’s a tough question because there is a case for each of them, but going with my gut… I think that Gillie will reclaim the Championship.

Jake: I think that’s the general consensus at home too. But that’s the whole card, folks. Wipeout is August 14th, only on Pay Per View. It’s sold out in Orlando, and I encourage you to make plans to see the show. I want to thank my guest, Mila Martin, for joining me and wish her luck in the go kart race! We’ll see you in Orlando on August 14th!

He waves goodbye to the viewers before turning to chat with Mila as After Shock fades to black.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:15:58 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: