Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 29, 2024, 04:52:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 48

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 48  (Read 141 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: September 30, 2018, 12:36:44 pm »

A lightning bolt strikes the screen, leaving the Future Shock logo. The next thing we see is the view of the Allstate Arena through a hotel room window. The camera pulls back, and finds the host sitting nearby with a smile on his face. Jake waves to the viewers, and points to the arena shown out the window.

Jake: Hello, everyone! Welcome to a new edition of After Shock! I’m on location again this week as this is being recorded the day of FFW’s Sin & Sacrifice Pay Per View to be held in the AllState Arena that you can see there in the background. I want to thank the Hyatt for allowing me to use one of their conference rooms to air this week’s show. As usual, I’ll be going over all the latest news coming out of Future Shock. On this show though, I have a brand new guest joining me for all the chatter. He’s the play by play man for Future Shock and FFW, Zack Hudson!

Zack takes a seat next to Jake, and gives him a handshake before the commentator begins to speak.

Zack: I appreciate you inviting me. I’ve never done anything like this, so I’ll try not to slow your flow, you know?

Jake: Yay rhyming! Anyway, Zack, no one has a better seat for Future Shock shows and events than you do. So it only made sense to have you here. Let’s get into the major details from the last show. And I’ll let you start with what stood out the most for you.

Zack: Well I think that’s a bit of a no brainer. We have new Future Shock Tag Team Champions in Lacey and Valerie McKinley of the Gold Standard. They ended the 339 day reign of No Holding Back, who won the titles last October and were the first champions at that. Of course, you have to remember it required the use of a chair, but the end result is history being made.

Jake: NHB were a world class tag team, and I think they showed that with their reign. I wouldn’t be surprised if they headed back up to the main roster to see about chasing the Unity Tag Titles. I don’t think they have a lot left to prove as a team in Future Shock, do you?

Zack: Definitely not. That 339 day reign will likely be held for a while before any team is able to break it. But I could be wrong. I know Valerie and Lacey were quite happy, and the entirety of the Gold Standard came out to celebrate with them at the end. If nothing else, they are a very tight knit group, you gotta give them that.

Jake nodded his head as he listened.

Jake: No question about that. That match also helped Adam decide the final two members for his 5 on 5 elimination tag match against the Gold Standard at Nemesis. NHB will be filling the final two spots, joining Harley Shannon, Bianca Reed, and Nora Harris. That’s gonna be a packed main event!

Zack: I’m looking forward to calling it. And as much as I would rather not admit it, I think it’s going to be hard to bet against the Gold Standard. Like I said earlier, they are extremely tight knit, and I’m not sure how much cohesion the other team will have. Obviously NHB will be a well oiled machine, but Harley and Nora and Bianca haven’t been all that successfully in the few tag team outings we’ve seen them have in Future Shock. But I welcome them proving me wrong.

Jake: In the other two matches that night, we got to see two cases of youth against experience. You had Katie Keller almost teaching a master class against the Gold Standard’s “Sensational” Stacey Sky. They gave each other a hell of a fight, but that nerve hold that Stacey seems to have lifted from Kaoru Asaka got her the win.

Zack: It did. In many circles, it’s known as a Tongan death grip. It is a devastating and paralyzing nerve hold. I’m not sure what Stacey calls it or if she lifted it from the former FFW Champion. But she’s certainly made excellent use of it. That being said, I think Katie looked tremendous in the match, and I’m still very much a fan.

Jake: We also got to see two Future Shock Prospects with growing fanbases meet for the first time. It was probably the only time we got to see much in the way of sportsmanship when Vivi Robichaud met Mars Whimsey. I was proud to see Mars pick up the win, but even she would tell you it was super close. The best thing was how supportive Vivi was after the match. She said she struggles against bigger opponents, but I’d say she held her own well.

Zack: Let’s just call it for what it is. Vivi is a class act. Gone are the days where she was pretty...well unbearable for the most part. She’s really refocused her career on not only improving the future talent but also herself. I have a lot of respect for her, and I think she’s already proving to be a tremendous asset to this roster.

Jake nodded his agreement to that.

Jake: We got to meet tons of new Prospects who recently joined too. Let’s see, there was Stacy Jones and Cait Flanagan. We also finally got to meet Luna Cortez after her being a factor in her twin sister’s matches for over a year. Plus I got to hang out with the Stone Sisters again, they are pretty cool!

Zack: It’s hard to speculate on what we can expect from all of them, but I suspect Stacy, being the veteran of the group, is probably going to show us quickly how talented she is. Beyond that,I mean the Stone sisters have captured attention since they first even were shown. Whenever I go through airports or talk with Future Shock fans, they tend to come up. As for Cait….well I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what she can do. I have a suspicion that she’s going to be very unique. Should we have a moment of silence for Declan Black’s money?

Both Jake and Zack bow their heads as though they were in mourning, and finally look back up to continue the conversation.

Jake: Let’s look ahead to the next show. We’ll be back in Boston on October 9 for a night loaded with debuts! For one, we are going to get to see Sydney Christensen in her Future Shock debut against the “Unbreakable” Stacy Jones.

Zack: That’s gonna be a pick’em right there. Both of them are far from rookies. Stacy has enjoyed great success through her career, and so has Sydney. They have both been eager to get started, and I look forward to seeing what they bring to the ring. That’s a veteran’s match, to say the least. I’d give you a prediction, but hell if I know there.

Jake: Same here. I like both of them from what I’ve heard and seen so far. It may be the only match, like last show, we see that night with sportsmanship on both sides. Either way, they’ll face off for the first time. Those two won’t be the only debuts though. Mikayla Stone of Trinity will set foot in a Future Shock ring for the first time against Luna Cortez!

Zack: It’s a good thing Mikayla will have her sisters, because she may end up needing them. I don’t know how different Luna and Tara are as far as what they can do in the ring. But we both know they are very cunning women, and don’t mind using deception to win matches. I’m curious to see what both of them bring to the table. And as far as Luna goes, I suspect Vivi will be watching with her eyes glued to the monitor since she’ll be meeting her at Nemesis.

Jake: I have a feeling you’re right. I’m gonna predict Mikayla though, because well...I like people who play by the rules and are honest. And trying to fool people for over a year, well...that’s not the nicest thing you can do. But she should bring her sisters with her, I mean Mikayla.

Zack: Definitely. She’s the youngest of the three, so she may be the most energetic and possibly have the most tunnel vision. But hey, like their entrance theme says, sisters are doing it for themselves.

Jake: I LOVE Aretha Franklin! Have you ever listened to --- Oh, well we can talk about music later. Let’s get onto the main event. “The Lioness” Elizabeth Lannister threw out a challenge recently to try to get herself into Aspire Ring contention. “Midnight” Mila Marin answered that call and accepted it since the crowd voted her into getting a shot at it. Who do you like here?

Zack: I have to go with the form book here. I called the match the last time these two met in that submission rules match several weeks ago. Mila made her tap out that night, so I wouldn’t bet against her. The only thing I’d keep in mind, if I were Mila, is that losses tend to drive the Gold Standard girls even further as we saw last week. So she may be dealing with a far more focused “Lioness”, who is less about having bikini shoots at ringside and more about making a point at Mila’s expense.

Jake: You could be right! There’s only one way we can be sure though. Future Shock will be back home on October 9th for the 48th edition since the reboot. You’ve heard the card, and I’m looking forward to the main event along with all those Prospect debuts.

Zack: Should be a helluva show. As it tends to be with Future Shock though, you never really know what else is going to happen. I’ve seen so much stuff on that show calling it that I don’t dare speculate anymore. But I’ll be there with the “King of Commentary” himself, Lyn Dallins.

Jake: So will I! Make sure you join us too. October 9th is the date to circle on your calendar. I’m sure we’ll find out more about Future Shock Nemesis, the final Future Shock Pay Per View of 2018. And no telling what else, maybe we’ll get to meet Cait Flanagan in person too!

Zack: I wouldn’t turn that opportunity down, she’s got my interest and a lot of other peoples’ as well…..except maybe Declan.

Jake: Make sure you join us, and we’ll see you October 9th! Thanks for watching After Shock, and thanks to my guest, Zack Hudson, for joining me too! See you next time!

The pair give a little wave to the camera before they resume talking. The After Shock logo flashes past the screen before the video cuts out on the website.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: