Femme Fatale Wrestling
April 20, 2024, 09:53:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Story of My Life - Jake's Road Trip

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Story of My Life - Jake's Road Trip  (Read 1849 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: November 24, 2018, 08:42:27 pm »

(Off Camera)

Friday, November 3, 2018, 5:44 PM

Christian held the door open for his wife as they stepped inside the seafood restaurant. The pair had heard good things about the place, and was still getting to know the area around Portland. As they approached, the “Please Wait To Be Seated” sign came into view. And while they stood, they began looking around the place. “This place got really good Yelp reviews, three and half stars on up and nothing less.” He told her until he noticed something or someone had gotten Kelly’s attention.

The blonde nodded her head as a slight frown of bemusement crossed her face. “Yeah, three and a half stars… sounds really good. Great.” It sounded like she was auto-pilot as she spoke. “Can’t please everyone but all those stars mean they got be doing something right.” There was a slight hesitation as she gave her husband the softest of nudges with her elbow. “Isn’t that… I’m not seeing things… that’s Jake isn’t it? Sat over there. By himself.”

Christian turned his attention to where she was looking, and nodded with a slightly surprised look on his face. “Yeah, it is. I heard he was traveling, didn’t think Portland was on the itinerary.”

“Are you ready to be seated?” Both their attentions snapped back to see a waitress in front of them with a smile on her face.

“Yeah, do you mind if we say hello to someone first? Right over there.” He pointed it out to her, and the waitress let them go on ahead to the table. “Jake?” He asked as the After Shock host glanced up to them.

“Oh hi!” Jake waved to them. “I didn’t know you guys were here.”

“Mind if we join you for a minute?” Christian asked before Jake gestured towards the two vacant seats across from him. It looked like he had already eaten, and was nursing a soft drink at this point.

“Be my guest.”

“Thanks.” Kelly took a seat at the table. “We’re trying to get to know the area. This place has gotten good Yelp reviews, so we thought we’d see if it lived up the internet hype. We didn’t expect to see you here… I mean, in Portland. Not exactly one of those places people just go to.” She hesitated for a moment. “I mean you know… like a nice place to live maybe not somewhere…” She trailed off once more. “Anyway you look… are you staying anywhere nice while you’re in town?”

“Oh well, I have a flight leaving the airport in a couple hours. I drove it in from Salem, where the Stone sisters live. You know the three witches in Future Shock?” He asked before taking another sip of his drink. “They’re really nice people.”

“Huh, Spent a few days with a trio of witches? Well that must have been interesting, to say the least. See anyone else of interest since you got in?” Christian asked.

“Yeah, I went to this convenience store to pick up some stuff before my flight. And I got stuck in line behind this kinda...well...obnoxious lady in a bikini top. I never knew girls wore those in winter.” Jake answered with a little shrug.

“Some people like to make a fashion statement. Or are really married to their wardrobe choices regardless of the weather. You’d be surprised at how determined some women can be when they find something they believe works for them.” Kelly took a deep breath as she gave Christian a look. “It sounds like you’ve been having a real adventure. With witches and obnoxious crazy ladies in convenience stores. Where’s your flight heading to? What’s the next stop, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“Los Angeles.” He answered. “I figure it’s time to head home, not that I’m particularly looking forward to it. There’s a lot of memories at home, and I’m not sure how many of them are left that’s going to hit me when I get there.”

“For what it’s worth, Jake, I know this wasn’t easy. And I know it’s not going to get easier going home. But think about what’s there you will be happy to see. Like Gillie! I’m sure she will be happy to see you. She’s one of your best friends, isn’t she?”

“Of course, I’ve been keeping her updated on where I am. She tends to worry, see. She says Mallory’s long since gone, and that the only people there are her….and O.E. Apparently she’s moved in while I was gone.” Jake told them.

“O.E.’s a great girl, and I’m sure she’ll make for a great roommate. And I’m not just saying that because I manage her. You just have to keep in mind with all this Mallory stuff. Not every girl out there is going to be like her. As a matter of fact, I’ve never seen someone like her do what she did. So try not to hold a grudge against the entire gender for the actions of one...well….bitch.”

“Yeah. I mean we aren’t all like that… for a lot of us, that particularly idea wouldn’t even cross our minds to do.” Kelly added. “And like Christian said, I’m sure O.E,’s a great person to have around as a room mate - maybe a little difference but that’s a good thing. And I bet Gillie’s going to try and make things as easy as possible; try to help and support you with whatever you need when you get back. Hell, her and O.E. might even have got the lighter fluid and a match ready just in case there’s stuff you really want gone for good.”

“I think it’ll be alright, nothing to worry about.” Christian added. “And when the time comes and you feel like you’re ready again, I’m pretty sure you won’t have to worry if there’s anyone interested in you of the female persuasion. I think most women would be thrilled to have someone like you in their lives.”

“Maybe.” Jake said quietly. “It’s not something I’ve really thought about, to be honest.”

“I’ll tell you what. Why don’t you stick around and keep us company while we try this place out? And we’ll cover the tab, how’s that?” Christian asked.

“You don’t have to do that.” Jake told him.

Kelly smiled at him. “But we want to and better being here with friends than sitting around all alone in an airport waiting and waiting and waiting for a flight. At least here you’re in a good restaurant - if the reviews are to be believed - and will get good conversation. At best airports are just about tolerable. Just. With a book or some kind of distraction. They’re a necessary evil usually.”

“Yeah, I’ve been in a few recently.” He replied. “Okay then, I’ll be happy to hang out with you guys. I have learned one thing though on this trip.”

“What’s that?”, asked Christian.

“You find new friends in the most unlikely places.”

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: