Femme Fatale Wrestling
November 13, 2018, 11:17:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Story of My Life - Jake's Road Trip

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Story of My Life - Jake's Road Trip  (Read 327 times)
Samantha Star
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 22, 2018, 09:50:16 pm »

OOC: The following is a CD series detailing the next few days in the life of Jake Chandler after getting humiliated by his now ex-girlfriend at SVW Rampage. I’ll thank those who appear in future parts for their participation in advance.

~ ~ ~

October 15, 2018, 2:48 AM
3 hours away from San Jose, California

He sat in the parking lot of a closed Target store, the only car in the lot at this time of the morning. His eyes looked down to the screen on his phone as the automated voice spoke.

Next new message dated October 3, 2:44 PM

“Hey there, hon. Can you pick up a bottle of 40 wate on your way home? I appreciate it. I love you.”

MESSAGE DELETED

Next new message dated October 1, 4:49 PM

“Just checking in. I remember you had said the car was making an odd noise. Wanted to see if I fixed it. If it’s still doing it, I’ll look at it when you get home. I love you.”

MESSAGE DELETED

Next new message dated September 28, 2:19 PM

“You ever tried explaining to Gillie why Carmen Sandiego never changes clothes despite being a world-renowned thief? Don’t. See you when you get back to the hotel. I love you.

MESSAGE DELETED

As the next message was about to play, Jake immediately tapped to delete it too. He could already remember what it said. He could remember what they all said, since he had never deleted virtually any of them. His hand reached up to wipe his eyes again, then he took a tissue out of the glove box to dry his face a little more.

Still looking down at the screen full of old voicemail messages from her, he tapped to delete them all. When the prompt asked him if he was sure, he paused for a moment and finally confirmed it. Exiting out of that to the main screen, there she was again.

A picture of her holding his jaw as she kissed him on the cheek. It was taken at Christmas, and he could remember how itchy that Santa cap on his head felt. Another exhale followed that before he went into the options and deleted out that picture too. He loved the memory, but he couldn’t bear to look at it now.

Now with a nondescript wallpaper, his eyes looked down to his text messages. There were over 30 of them that had come in since the Pay Per View went off the air. He pressed the tissue to his face again as he could feel it getting warm all over, and quickly dried to tears as they formed in his eyes.

After opening the texts, he saw messages from many of those he called friends, even a few he didn’t even see or talk with that often. Some from FFW, some from Future Shock, and a few from around the wrestling world. At the top of the list of messages was Adam, his best friend in the world. He opened that one first.

I know you’re hurting right now, man. Been there too. Take all the time you need, we’ll hold it down here. Just let me know you’re alright.

Jake reached forward to the stereo, and queued up his media player. He then started the car, and opened a voice message as a song began to play. He only recorded a few seconds before he sent it to Adam. Then he pulled out of the parking lot and headed off into the night.

………………………….

When Adam awoke the next morning, he saw he had a voice message from Jake which he immediately tapped play to hear.

Life goes by so fast
You only want to do what you think is right
Close your eyes and then it’s past
Story of my life.

To be continued....
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 09:52:54 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Samantha Star
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 02:21:04 pm »

OOC: Obviously everything in this thread is off camera since I didn't mention it in the first. Thanks to the folks who contributed to this piece, I appreciate it immensely!

October 23, 2018, 3:19 PM
Las Vegas, Nevada

Having spent the last few days in Las Vegas, Jake had grown tired of being in the city. He always enjoyed visiting it, it’s the only place he ever felt like a winner after all. But there was such a thing as too much of a good thing. And with his last day in town being this one, he was sat in his hotel room with his laptop open looking at the Expedia home page.

He wasn’t ready to go home yet, it was too soon for that. Plus he had hoped that there would be nothing left in the house that would remind him of Mallory. But with his time off, it afforded him the chance to go see some friends he only got to see at arenas. The support from people he knew and didn’t know well at all was overwhelming. He didn’t expect half of the responses he got, but maybe it was among some of those messages and texts he could decide where he wanted to go first.

He fished out his cell phone, and opened his messages. The first one he saw was from someone he was getting to know better, and a little bit of a surprise to him that she cared enough to send anything. He always thought she was pretty wrapped up in her own world.

See, what you’re facing is a wild situation,
The hardest thing to do is try to be a little patient,
Life is like a track and everybody racing,
You about to get caught by the same shit you chasin’.

- Masta Ace

Jake reread the lines more than once, and it began to dawn on him what she was trying to say (or Masta Ace was). A nod of his head followed before he went through to see a message from someone he had become very close friends with practically since the day she arrived.

From Caitlyn Storm

I don't think anything I say could make you feel better, so I just want to remind you that I'm here if you need me. Big hugs.

She had always been someone he knew he could count on, and lean on too. The message brought a smile to his face as he flipped to the next.

From Missy

I can only imagine how you must be feeling, Jake. Just remember that you've got loads of friends here who care about you. Take the time you need, we'll be here waiting for you when you come back. And if you need anything we're only a call or text away.

He was glad Adam had found her. Adam deserved someone like that. He remembered many of the conversations they had had, usually with Missy ending up confused about something. But that was alright, he was always happy to explain things to her. He noticed he also had some voicemail messages, and started playing those.

Hi Jake, it's Mikayla. We've done a protection spell to keep you safe while you're away. If you need anything, spell related or not, just let us know.

The Stone sisters! He wasnn’t expecting to hear from them, but it still made him smile nonetheless. He and Mikayla had gotten along very well since they met, and he appreciated them even more when they helped him find his hotel key at the arena once. He sorted through a few more voicemails till he saw the one he was expecting the least and started to play it.

Jake? Hey, Jake, it's Frankie. I just saw what happened... honey, that's awful. If you need a place to crash, you can come stay with me, Kyla, and Emilio for awhile. There's plenty of room here. Also I will go Shaolin on her fucking ass. That's so... you're a good guy, Jake. You deserve better than that. Call me when you get a chance, let me know if I need to prepare the guest room. And I'm here if you need anything. Talk to you soon.

A wide grin crossed his face as he listened to Angelina, and put the phone down. He knew where he was going to head next as he typed in the name of the city into the destination box.

New York City

Report Spam   Logged

Samantha Star
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 08:23:09 pm »

OOC: Due to having a few shows I needed to put out, I’ve been a little lax working on these chapters. Gonna be picking back up with it though. Hope you’re enjoying it.

~ ~

October 28 - 2:11 AM

After having arrived in New York and spending a few days with Angelina Fantastica (as FFW fans know her), the “Ass-tastic One” had been nothing but supportive. She had reminded him more than once how willing she was to go Shaolin on Mallory. But the problem with that, at least for him, was that she wasn’t really someone he wanted to talk about even still.

He had gotten to meet and get to know some of her family in the meantime. And as much as he enjoyed it, he was starting to feel like he was overstaying his welcome. After all, here he was occupying space and eating their food. He was starting to feel guilty about that. He had decided already that he was going to head back west.

Here in the middle of the night, he had already packed his bags and written a little note for Angelina to find when she woke up the next morning. He also stuffed $300 cash into it to cover any expenses he had racked up since he arrived. The note read as follows:

Frankie,

I can’t tell you how much I appreciate you putting me up for a few days. I didn’t plan to stay as long as I did, but I felt so at home and away from everything that I stuck around longer than I had planned. You’ve been a great friend, and there’s not really anything I can say that will put that well into words. I did leave some money for anything I may have used or eaten while I was here. I didn’t want to be a mooch.

I’m heading back to the west coast, and gonna visit a few other friends while I’m traveling. I don’t get to see many of them except at arenas for shows, and that’s something that should change. I don’t just want friends at shows, I want them everywhere. Because they are the ones who will see you through the hard times and we both know a lot of life happens outside of the arena even if it feels like the opposite.

Thank you for putting up with me. I’m sure I wasn’t the best company in the world, and usually I like to think I’m a bit more fun to be around than during times like this. I was happy to see and get to know the people you have in your life that you love.

I’d say they are lucky people, to say the least. Feel free to call me anytime you want, and maybe we can do something sometime when I’m not feeling the way I am. Smiley Hey, I’ll even drop you a postcard from my next stop.

I feel like I’m a little bit of a stronger person for knowing you, and no matter what, you’ve got a friend in me.

Jake

Jake left the folded up note on the table before he slipped quietly out the door. He took one more look around the darkened place with a hint of a smile on his face before closing it behind him. Standing outside finally, he waited for the Uber he had called and stuffed his earbuds into place and tapped play on his phone screen.

“Sisters Are Doin’ It For Themselves” began to play in his ears.
Report Spam   Logged

Samantha Star
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 08:14:29 pm »

(Off Camera)

October 30 - 9:44 AM

Jake had arrived in town a little later than he had expected. When he was invited to come visit the Stone sisters, he took them up on the offer and booked his flight. Unfortunately for him, the flight got delayed due to an engine issue. And by the time he arrived at the door of the home, he tried to see if anyone was awake since it was so early. After all, he’d gotten there at a little before six in the morning. And he was right to assume no one was awake.

So he put his bags down, and sat on their porch not far from the door. When he got comfortable and thanks to a baby on the flight keeping him awake crying, he ended up falling asleep with his head rested against his largest suitcase. Fast forward almost 4 hours, and he was still in this position when he was….discovered.

“Jake!” His name was exclaimed by the eldest of the Stone sisters, Melody when she opened the front door. She had been about to head out to the store before her discovery. “How long have you been out here?”

He began stirring a little when he heard his name, and started to open his eyes. A big yawn followed that before he looked down to see there was a newspaper in his lap. He gave it a curious look, and then up to see Melody. “Oh….good morning.” He said sleepily, and handed her the newspaper. “I don’t know if this is yours or not, but….the paperboy has really good aim.” As he said this, he rubbed the side of his head and started to get up.

She accepted the newspaper with a little shake of her head. “Are you alright? You should have phoned or something, we would have let you in. We have much comfier places you could have slept than the porch you know.” She looked at Jake with a fair amount of concern, before she turned around to put the newspaper on a little table just inside the door. “Come on inside. I’ll make you a hot drink and fix you something to eat.”

He scooped up his bags, and followed her advice as he went in, looking around for a moment. “I would’ve called, but I didn’t want to wake anyone up. I didn’t know if anyone was going to be awake around 6am when I got here.” He took a moment to take in the scenery before plopping his stuff down, and finding a chair at the kitchen table. “I’m not hungry, but orange juice would be alright if you have it, I mean.”

“We wouldn’t have minded you waking us up to let you in. It would have been much more preferable than you sleeping on the porch!” She shook her head again and looked him up and down. Almost as if she was looking for any sign that he had suffered from his hours on the porch. “Are you sure you don’t want me to make you some food? It’s no trouble… when did you last eat anyway?” She moved over to the refrigerator after she had asked the question to pull out a carton of orange juice as he had requested some.

“Who are you talking to?” The youngest of the Stone sisters asked as she walked in through the kitchen door. It didn’t take her long to answer her own question when she spotted their guest. She ran straight over to him and threw her arms around him. “Jake! I’m glad to see  you.” She stepped back inspecting him in a similar way to how Melody had before. “Are you alright?”

“Far as I know.” He rubbed his face a little with a scrunched nose. “Sorry if I’m a little stubbly. I haven’t had a chance to shave yet. As soon as I got off the plane, I had breakfast at the airport! Did you know two small pancakes were $18? And then I came here….and slept on the porch.” He recited the story with a smile, as though none of it really bothered him even though it probably would most.

Mikayla visibly relaxed when she saw that Jake was okay, and she sat down on a chair next to him. “It sounds like you had quite the adventure. Almost like camping… just without the tent! I would prefer the tent I think, although not having one gives you a chance to look at the stars.” She realised she was rambling a bit, and gave a little shrug. “Don’t worry about not shaving, but it bothers you, we’ve already left fresh towels in the guest room. Figured you’d likely want to freshen up when you arrived.” Mikayla advised him a little proudly at their hosting skills, while Melody brought him a full glass of orange juice.

“Thanks!” He told Melody. “I was in New York before I got here, visiting Angelina! She has a boyfriend and a girlfriend, you know. I’m not that good at remembering birthdays, but she must be.” He gulped down part of the juice before he continued. “And now I’m here for a day or so, if you guys want to put up with me. After everything that happened…..going home wasn’t something I wanted to do for a little while. Does that make sense?”

“Don’t blame you at all.” The voice of the third sister, Madyson, rang out as she walked into the kitchen and rested her back against a counter top. “You can stay as long as you want, it’s nice to have company around here that we’re not related to!” She told him with a little grin as Mikayla pouted at her. “And, I’ve been looking through a few of our spellbooks… say the word and I’ll turn that bitch into a toad or something.”

He shook his head. “This happens to me a lot. I’m getting used to it by now.” He added before rubbing his mouth. “I’ve dated a couple girls in wrestling, and both left me. The last one….she just went about it a little differently.” He gulped down some more juice, almost like he was still trying to wash his mouth out days and days later. “But I’ve been keeping Gillie updated on where I am. She tends to worry.”

“You had quite a few people worried about you.” Melody said as she started mixing up a batch of pancake batter. Even if Jake didn’t want anything to eat, she knew her sisters would. “You have a lot of friends, that was clear as soon all this happened.” She paused for a moment as she put a pan on the stove, giving Mikayla an opportunity to pipe up.

“Loads of us were wondering where you’d gone after it happened. And I know that there were people looking for you that night.” She reached over to give his arm a little cross between a pat and rub. “And as for the girls leaving you.. It’s their loss. It just means that you haven’t found the right one yet, but she’ll be out there somewhere.”

“I think I may just go back to taking care of my cactus.” He said half jokingly. “You guys mind if I take a nap? I didn’t sleep much, and your porch is nice and all, but…. I can get a hotel room if it’s too much trouble.”

“Don’t even think about it.” Madyson told him as she narrowed her eyebrows. “The guest room is all set up for you. Fresh linen on the bed. Fresh towels on the dresser. And I think Mikayla even left a plate of cookies on the bedside table for you.” Mikayla nodded her head in the affirmative before Madyson continued. “You’re right at the top of the stairs, first door on the left. But one of us can show you up there, if you’d like.”

“Thank you.” He got up from his seat when his cell phone began to chirp. He stopped in his tracks a moment to see he had a picture message. He opened it...and froze for a second before tossing it onto a recliner and headed upstairs. As soon as he was out of sight, Mikayla got up from her seat and went to get the phone. Melody was about to stop her before she turned the screen on, and there was the message with a little kiss emoji above it.

Mikayla started scowling immediately as she saw it, while Melody took the phone from her with a shake of her head. She looked towards the stairs where Jake had disappeared with a concerned look. “That poor guy. As if she hadn’t already done enough, she’s still taunting him.”

“Somebody needs to give her a slap.” Madyson said with a stony expression. Mikayla shook her head in response to that though.

“That’s not what matters at the moment, looking after Jake is what’s important.”

And maybe fittingly just like his phone screen, the picture of Mallory Bennett faded to black.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: