Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 09:01:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock Nemesis

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock Nemesis  (Read 167 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: November 12, 2018, 01:25:36 pm »

A lightning bolt strikes the screen, leaving the Future Shock logo. Then we see a familiar studio for the web show with a giant curved video wall behind the hosts. Two very familiar faces from Future Shock are seated on the big purple sofa, one being Vivi Robichaud and the other Christian Kincaid.

Christian: Hey there, folks. Welcome to After Shock. Don’t adjust your sets, there are two new guest hosts this week. Zack had something come up, so they asked me if I would fill in for him. And I chose a great week to say yes, because I get to sit and chat with Vivi Robichaud. It’s a pleasure, Vivi.

He offers the voodoo priestess a handshake.

Vivi: Pleasure’s all mine, Mr. Kincaid. I’ll have to thank Mr. Hudson for inviting me on the show later.

She smiles at Christian and settles back into the couch, making herself comfortable on the trademark piece of furniture.

Christian: I think there was a loss in his family, so I’m positive we are more than capable of filling in until the next show when either he or Jake get back. Anyway, the format is pretty simple for those new to the show. We’ll cover a few items from the 50th episode, and then give you a full rundown for Nemesis, which this charming woman here will be a major part of in the Garden.

The video wall behind them flashes to a muted clip from the match between Katie Keller and Stacy Jones.

Christian: Good place to start. I know you’re a big fan of Katie, so if you’d like to take the lead on this match, please be my guest.

Vivi: Absolutely, Christian. This match was a fabulous feature for both women, and even though Katie got the win, Stacy Jones showed us the heart and the drive that brought her to Future Shock and I see a lot of success for both of these competitors as time goes on. It was a great way to open up the show and get the fans ready for a spectacle worthy of such a milestone episode.

Christian: I’ve known Stacy for a while, and she doesn’t do anything half speed at all. When she dives into something, it’s all in. And that’s what she’s done since getting here. Katie was the better woman that night, and like you, I think they both have a lot to offer. I’m kinda curious what’s in the box Adam has promised for Katie as a surprise at Nemesis. But that’s just another reason to order the show. What exactly got your attention so quickly about Katie?

Vivi: If there’s one thing I’ve learned since coming to Future Shock, it’s that Adam Grant never fails to deliver with his surprises. As for Katie, she caught my eye initially because like me, she’s an older competitor with plenty of experience under her belt, but I’ve gotten to know her a little bit since we’ve been part of the Prospect roster and she has a great sense of humor, which I appreciate. I’ve tended to be at odds with most of my coworkers in the past, so to find someone who I clicked with immediately was a rather nice surprise.

Christian: I can understand that. As for all that older competitor stuff...pfft. If I just met you or Katie off the street yesterday, I wouldn’t put either of you past 23. Anyway…

He got a bit more comfortable, and leaned back into the purple sofa.

Christian: Future Shock had its first ever lumberjill match on the 50th episode. Elizabeth Lannister can’t seem to get Mila “Midnight” Martin out of her head, and is insistent on proving she can beat her. But this….may not have been the environment for that. As many suspected, this thing fell apart at the seams and even saw one of my clients make her return to even the odds when it began getting lopsided, that being Celeste.

Vivi: This match was a mess from the get-go. If there was anyone who thought adding lumberjills would lessen the madness, well… they certainly haven’t seen Gold Standard in action. I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them had made up the story about Nora’s car being broken into just to try and get an upper hand for Elizabeth. Granted, it’s a good strategy, but clearly Kyle didn’t count on Celeste making her return to make sure the numbers stayed even. Before the madness, both Elizabeth and Mila were putting on a clinic, and it’s a shame that such a match had to end the way it did. There’s no love lost between myself and Miss Lannister, but I cannot deny her aptitude in the ring. As for Mila, she may be the most promising woman on the roster right now. She’s picked this up in an astonishingly short period of time, and no matter whether she wins or loses, she gets better with every match. Given a bit more time, she’ll be one of the greatest powerhouses this company has ever seen. But back to the lumberjills…

Vivi taps a finger against her chin.

Vivi: Don’t you find it a bit interesting that Miss Flanagan was the only one in the match to escape unscathed?

Christian: You took the words out of my mouth. I was going to bring that up. Yes, it did seem odd. From the fact she didn’t get a finger laid on her all the way to her keeping Kilmeade cornered and looking around like she was either waiting for someone or keeping watch…. I give her credit though. If you can remain unscathed in all that chaos, you must know something we don’t.

Vivi: She’s a crafty one. Much smarter than her brother Fraser, although… that’s not really saying much; I’ve met bread smarter than him. I think we would all be better off keeping an eye on our little Material Girl from now on.

Christian: Would you like to discuss what happened to Adam? He came out to share a few words on the 8th anniversary of Future Shock’s creation, and well…

The video wall switches to a clip from that, showing Adam getting maced by Kyle before trainers took off towards the ring.

Vivi: This was absolutely uncalled for. Adam deserved a few moments to reflect on the success he’s built here in Future Shock without being attacked on a whim by Kyle. Yes, Kyle’s clients have helped build Future Shock as well, but Adam is the one working day in and day out to make sure that every woman, regardless of stable affiliation, is showcased to the best of her abilities and is getting the training and the advice that they need in order to be successful. It’s a shame that Kyle felt the need to steal Adam’s spotlight with such a vicious attack, but what else can you expect from a man like Kyle Kilmeade?

Christian: What’s the saying? When they go low, we go lower? Something like that. If nothing else, I’m sure it fired up the girls in the Nemesis main event. But then, we had the first defense of the Future Shock title since Harley Shannon recaptured it in Sydney. And I’ll tell you what. I wish I had discovered Bianca Reed, I really do. Because that woman is not going to become a rock star around here, she already is. I’d happily help her, but she doesn’t need it. She and Harley took each other past their limits, in my opinion. About a third of the way into that match, I went to the curtain so I could watch it more closely. They tore it up, and before the match was over...there were more than a few of the Prospects there watching it with me.

Vivi: It’s fitting that the match happened on Future Shock’s 50th episode. That match is what every woman in that locker room, myself included, should be striving for every time they step out into the ring. I’m glad that you had so many Prospects watching with you, because that? That is how you conduct a championship match. No BS, no outside interference, no question about the result. Admittedly, I was pulling for Bianca, but Harley is excellence personified and I’m not sorry that she’s still our Future Shock Champion. Together, the two of them set a bar for championship matches in Future Shock and I think this could easily be a Match of the Year contender. I wish Harley a long and happy second reign, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we see Bianca Reed back in the title picture sooner rather than later. Bianca has already made the jump to the main roster, and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Harley joins her there sooner rather than later. Both these young women are poised for bright futures ahead, and I look forward to watching them.

Christian nods along with everything he’s hearing, while clips play behind them from the Future Shock Championship match.

Christian: Agreed on all fronts. But let’s talk about what’s coming, because there’s some late breaking news to share along with it. November 20 is the last Future Shock Pay Per View of the year, Nemesis. To me, this show could be sold just on the main event with all the talent in it. But it’s got one packed card to go with it. Let’s take a look, starting Stacy Jones meeting one of my clients, Angel. Stacy has had the benefit of facing opponents who were into playing by the rules and had fan support. She won’t find that with Angel. Angel is violent purely because she likes to be violent. She’s not out there to put smiles on fan faces. She’s not there to win people over. She likes hurting people.

Vivi wrinkles her nose at Christian’s description of Angel.

Vivi: Oh, breaking news? How fun! I’m looking forward to Nemesis and to this match. Stacy Jones is another one with a ton of experience, so I’m sure that while this is her first encounter with Angel, she has come across several competitors with similar outlooks during the course of her career. I know that back in the day, you and Angel were tag team partners before you became her manager. What advice would you have for someone in Stacy’s position, Christian? Besides ‘keep your hands at the level of your eyes’, since Angel’s penchant for using piano wire is well documented.

Christian: Don’t take your eyes off her. I know sometimes she likes to really amp up the crowd, or try to wow them. I wouldn’t do that here. I wouldn’t take my eyes off Angel for a second. She doesn’t have to worry about me at ringside, she has to focus on the woman standing in the ring from her. This is also where SOME of that news, not all of it, comes into play. Angel is going to be unleashed on FFW in 2019, so you can bet she’s going to leave a few marks on Future Shock before that time comes.

Vivi: Thoughts and prayers to the FFW roster. While I’m sure there will be women capable of standing toe to toe with her, there are also a few who are going to get chewed up and spit out and garrotted for their trouble. I hope Stacy heeds your advice - the opening match on a card is incredibly important for setting the tone for the show, and if Angel wipes the floor with her in six seconds… well. But I have confidence in Stacy Jones, and I think she’ll give Angel a good fight to get the crowd at Madison Square Garden hyped up for the rest of the card.

Christian: One of the girls you mentioned recently on Twitter as having your interest and eye, Madyson Stone of Trinity, will compete in her very first professional match against Sydney Christensen. The Stone sisters have garnered a great deal of attention just being who they are, and then you got Sydney who wants to prove something and build her own stock at the same time. What do you think of these two Prospects?

He turned his attention back to Vivi, and clasped his hands loosely in front of him.

Vivi: I’ve known Sydney Christensen since I first started wrestling back in 2014. We were colleagues once upon a time, though back then, she was the top champion in our little developmental company and I was just a loudmouth rookie, so our paths never really crossed. But Sydney is consistently underrated by the rest of the wrestling world. She’s a phenomenal talent, grounded and down to earth, and she has focus and determination to spare. As for Madyson, I think she has an uphill battle in this match. Sydney is a hell of a competitor, but in Future Shock, anything can happen. I lost to a rookie; the same could happen here. But I think whatever the result, this will be a learning experience that Madyson will remember for years to come. I wish her the best of luck, and I look forward to seeing Sydney back doing what she does best.

Christian: Excellent segue there. Speaking of that rookie you brought up, she’s got a LONG night ahead of her. Mars Whimsey has been doing very well for herself since she arrived in Future Shock, but she’s facing a woman who is coming off back to back defeats for the first time in her Prospect career. Gemma Pierce may be even more dangerous than she ever was, and I don’t envy Mars in the slightest.

Vivi: My dear Miss Mars. She stands as proof that anyone can teach you something new in this business, no matter how long they’ve been in it. Watching her grow and develop will be a great joy, and I’ll be happy to say that I was one of her earliest opponents. She’s a sweet girl and a joy to be around, in addition to being full of potential. I’m interested to see how she tackles a woman like Gemma Pierce, whose laser focus and perfectionism have driven her to the top of the pack here in Future Shock. I understand she’s coming off some tough losses and she doesn’t strike me as a woman who takes failure particularly well, so I expect she’ll have doubled her training efforts to make sure that she is as ready as possible for Mars Whimsey and to start adding tally marks to her win column again. Mars is in for a tough challenge here and Gemma may overwhelm her, but we’ll see what happens.

Christian: No question. I’ll be watching it closely. I also should bring up the fact that we are going to have some special guests at Nemesis. One we already know, and anyone who follows her social media knows her as the champion of sideboob. Skylar Rayner is going to be in the Garden, and for what? You tell me. But she’ll definitely be adding a few eyeballs to see what exactly she will be doing.

Sky’s picture appears on the video wall behind the hosts.

Vivi: One thing that I love about Future Shock is its ability to bring diverse talents together, not only in the ring but our backstage and interview staff as well. Skylar is well-known not only as the champion of sideboob, as you so eloquently put it, but also as a journalist and interviewer. I’m sure that she’ll bring us a deep dive into at least one Prospect, but who knows? I’m sure though, based on the outfit she’s got on in that picture, the New York fans are going to love her. Wonder if she’s got a similar getup for if she comes to Boston?

Christian: Good question to ask. I’m curious to see what she does. The other guest we are going to have is a new talent acquisition I recently made. She hasn’t signed a Prospect contract at this point, but you will all get to meet the “Living Doll” Britney Anders. She’s a very unique girl, and you’ll see it for yourself at Nemesis.

Britney’s picture takes over from Sky’s as they continue talking.

Vivi’s expression seems skeptical as the photo changes from Skylar to Britney.

Vivi: “Living Doll”? Cause… that’s not creepy or anything. That’s definitely someone’s weird fetish but if that’s the nickname she’s going with, then… sure. Should be interesting to see what she does. I’ll try to hold off judging until we meet her, but what I can say right now is that you probably have the most eclectic client base of any manager in this company.

Christian: I do like to diversify, what can I say?

He can’t help but smile as he continues.

Christian: That brings us to your Future Shock in-ring Pay Per View debut. This one began way back at the pool party this past June. My co-hostess, Vivi, will be meeting Luna Cortez. Luna’s coming off a win over Mikayla Stone, and has a major step up in experience awaiting her. I’m sure you are looking forward to it.

Vivi: I’ve been looking forward to it since June, when I pointed out that Tara had a twin sister. Even though we didn’t know her name until very recently, I have been patiently waiting for my chance to get my hands on at least one Cortez twin. And now I know that both Tara and Luna are touting themselves as Ten Star Prospects and bragging about being unbeaten… I hate to point this out to Luna, but she’s had one match, officially, as Luna Cortez. Which means that Luna Cortez, officially, has one win. Tara’s the successful one. And if they try and pull some Twin Magic crap in the ring, rest assured that I will be ready for their tricks. I have not come this far only to be bested by a child who wants to insult the intelligence of those around her by playing with semantics. As I’ve said, anything can happen in a Future Shock ring. But I am looking forward to at least pausing the steady stream of half-truths that have come from Luna Cortez and her sister over the last few months. Now, of course, I understand that the Cortez twins are on your client list, so I don’t expect you to take sides. And I know that you’ve spent a lot of time building the Cortez twins into the competitors that they are today. So I hope you’re preparing Miss Luna for the challenge ahead of her.

Christian: Luna will be as ready as she can possibly be. What I want our viewers to understand is that just because this is Luna’s second official match, it doesn’t mean she hasn’t been preparing as long as Tara has. When I found these two girls, they both began training together at the same time with me. And...for better or worse, some of those matches you all saw over the last year and change...it wasn’t always Tara starting the match. They have almost as much actual ring time as the other, and I taught them everything they know to this point. This is definitely going to be the toughest challenge for either one so far, whether it was Tara they put into this or Luna. And I will give you my word that no matter what happens, you don’t have to worry about me just like I said with Stacy earlier. All I plan to do is watch and coach. And I’m looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds just as much as you...and everyone else.

Vivi raises a brow, clearly of the mindset that she would believe it when she saw it.

Vivi: I trust that you won’t interfere, though I would strongly suggest you advise them that I expect Luna to be the Cortez twin I face throughout the match and if I discover there’s been a swap, whether during the match or after, I will not hesitate to teach both of them a lesson in trickery. And while I don’t have a twin sister, I do have my own ways of showing them that the cardinal rule of fooling someone is that you don’t play a player. Have I made myself clear?

Christian: Crystal.

He looks back to the camera as the Aspire title match appears on the video wall.

Christian: Lydia Charisma will be defending her Aspire Championship, looking for her second successful defense when she faces Mara Werth. You got two very strong girls here. Both have made clear their intentions at Nemesis. Who do you like here?

Vivi: Both of them are fabulously talented, so this is a call based purely on personality. I feel like I know Lydia Charisma better than Mara Werth - Charisma by name and Charisma by nature, I suppose. I know that Lydia wants to be the first to go for five and trade her Championship in for a spot on the main roster, and I support her fully in this endeavor. Obviously, Mara wants to interrupt Lydia’s defenses and take the belt for herself. This isn’t a matter of who wants it more - they’re both going to fight tooth and nail to be the one walking away from this match with that title raised. It’s going to be a matter of which one can outlast the other, and I think that Lydia has just the slightest bit of an edge here. It’s interesting that Lydia isn’t pursuing the Future Shock Championship, though I think if she does complete her five defenses, she should be able to challenge for it anyway because having seen the work that goes into those defenses? Anyone who can hold onto that Aspire Championship has proven, in my estimation at least, that they belong in the title conversation. So it’s Lydia for me, but I think this match could be another match of the year contender.

Christian: And that brings us to the biggest main event, the most star-studded main event in this brand’s history, in my opinion. I think they could have filled the Garden on it alone. For the first time ever in a 5 on 5 elimination tag match, all five members of the Gold Standard….Valerie McKinley & Lacey, the Future Shock Tag Team Champions, Elizabeth Lannister, Stacey Sky and Cassandra Steen…

The five girls fill half of the video wall before the other half start to fill the rest as he reads off their names.

Christian: Will meet the reigning Future Shock Champion Harley Shannon, “Killer B” Bianca Reed, Angela and Jem of NHB and “Li’l Pixie Pump” Nora Harris! And what’s more, Kyle Kilmeade will be locked inside a shark cage 20 feet above the ring. I haven’t looked forward a tag match of this size  this much in a long while. Then you throw in Celeste as the guest referee put in by Brianna Singer!

Vivi: Is it bad that my favorite part of this match so far is the fact that Kyle’s in a shark cage? But seriously though, I think we’re looking at a slightly larger version of what happened during Elizabeth and Mila’s match at Future Shock 50. I’m not going to pick sides because with the amount of shenanigans that are bound to happen, there’s a chance this match could wind up ruled a no contest. I think it’s interesting that Ms. Singer chose Celeste as the special guest referee, because based on her choices during the lumberjill match, it would appear that she’s not on the side of the Gold Standard. Which is, I suppose, what you want in a match like this, but I can only imagine the cries of bias that are going to come from all of them if a winner is declared and that winner is not Gold Standard. And since we’ve got a nice long break coming up, they’ll have nothing else to do but whine about the unfairness of it all until January.

Christian: I suspect they would complain no matter who the referee was, short of it not being them winning. Now I don’t claim to know how Brianna’s mind works, but my theory is that maybe she’s seen enough Gold Standard matches to know an average referee is not going to be up for a task like this. She wanted someone who knows them firsthand to be the one to call it. Just a theory though.

Vivi: Who the hell knows. This is a toss up, and I think no matter what happens, the audience is going to walk away having seen one of the best shows Future Shock has ever produced.

Christian: November 20th is the date. Order the show, because there’s no reason this can’t be a late contender for Show of the Year honestly. It’s packed top to bottom, and we’ll all be there. The Prospects are the future of this business, but most importantly, FFW. Join us live in the Garden. What more do you want? Big matches, guest appearances, and God only knows what else will happen. Vivi…

He turns his attention back to the co-hostess.

Christian: It has been a pleasure and privilege to do the show with you.

Vivi: Likewise, Christian. Anytime you want to do this again, just let me know.

Christian: Definitely.

A look back to the camera.

Christian: We’ll see you in the Garden on November 20. Nemesis, here we come!

A quick recap of the card is shown before the video fades to black.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: