Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 04:39:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 53

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 53  (Read 151 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: January 18, 2019, 01:27:53 pm »

A lightning bolt strikes the screen, leaving the Future Shock logo. The next thing we see is the familiar set of the After Shock studio with the curved video wall behind the purple couch. Gary is also seen in his bowl. The camera pulls back, and finds a very familiar face to SVW fans seated on the sofa across from him.

Jake: Hi, everyone! Jake here, and thank you for watching the latest edition of After Shock. Future Shock had its first show of 2019 this past Tuesday in Boston, and we’ll be diving into that and the next show as always. On this week’s edition, I have a special guest joining us from our sister promotion, the SVW Adrenaline Champion Wilma Iris Napier.

Wilma: It’s your pleasure to have me here today, Jake, and let me just say it’s about time I appeared on this show. I’ve obviously been a fan of FFW and Future Shock for a long time now, and having earned as much success as I have - that’s right, earned - I thought I should dab my toes into the Future Shock world.

Jake: Well you’re here now, so better late than never, I guess. Let’s get into some of the highlights from this past Tuesday before we talk about the next show. Starting with the main event seems like a good idea. We saw Mila Martin attempt to become the new Aspire Champion when she faced Lydia Charisma in her third defense of the title. But it wasn’t meant to be that night, because Lydia retained and now COULD cash in her title for a shot at the Future Shock Championship. She’ll tell us her decision next show, but she’s been saying for weeks how she wants to be the first to achieve five defenses.

Wilma: Yeah, she’s been saying she wants to get out of Future Shock as quickly as she can, ever grateful for her time here yada yada yada, but the fact is those are all words that meant nothing until right now. For all we know she could have thought she’d never make it to three so why not make a bold statement? We’ll see if she really is true to her word and goes for it all or if she just chickens out now knowing who’d be her next challenger. If you ask me, she’d be better off cashing in now.

Jake: What would you do if you were in her position?

Wilma: Well, what I would do is cash in and become the best Future Shock champion in history, but Lydia certainly isn’t me. Like with me, this coming Aggression I’m challenging the top dog, as it were, Misty Whitmore, and by beating her I’m going to prove that I’m the best champion in that company. Lydia, however, might wanna cash in just to avoid the certain loss she’ll face to Elizabeth.

Jake: Well if she keeps it, we’ll find out if you’re right. Speaking of which, before we get to the rest, what did you think of Steph’s first night as the new color commentator for Future Shock?

Wilma: I think the audience at home was hoping someone in a bikini would walk by the screen to give them something else to focus on other than her inane chattering. Not good, to put it bluntly.

Jake: I had a feeling you might feel that way. But let’s move on. Before the title match, we had a match to decide who the next challenger for Lydia’s title would be. The Gold Standard’s Elizabeth Lannister, managed by someone I know you are a fan of, met Katie Keller for the first time. And despite Katie’s best efforts and partially thanks to that manager in question, Elizabeth Lannister has now lined herself up a shot at the title. And if Lydia decides to keep it, that match is now set for the Mexico City supershow on February 26th.

Wilma: Yes, Elizabeth was quite impressive against the woman who hates pants. It was a stellar performance and one I dare say outshined the main event. She set the Gold Standard of what a winner should be, if I may be so bold. I’ll be attending the Mexico City Supershow one way or another to see Elizabeth win the Aspire Championship against Lydia or what ever tomato can they can dredge up should Charisma back out.

Jake: Like I said earlier, we’ll find out her decision on the next show. If she does cash in, Elizabeth will face whoever Adam deems worthy to become the next champion. Obviously we know what happens if she doesn’t. In our opening match, we saw the return of Celeste. She had suffered an ankle injury over the summer that kept her out of action till this past show. Celeste met the debuting Killer Carter, who has been making a habit of attacking Katie Keller, which she did after Elizabeth’s match with her.

Wilma: And as amusing as that was, making a habit of losing to someone coming off an injury isn’t going to see her going too far. You see Jake, when you’re in the ring with someone who has a glaring weak point, it would be best to focus solely on that part. If Killer Carter went after Celeste’s bullseye on her ankle she might have been able to win. That’s called psychology and something these rookies need to pick up on quick if they want to survive in this business. Having said that, there is some potential with Carter, if for nothing else amusing acts of aggression on other losers.

Jake: A match with her and Katie has already been announced for the supershow next month. Also on this past show, we had a pair of special guests: Jessica Anderson and Carli Davis.

Wilma clearly rolls her eyes at the mention of the PowerTuff Girls.

Jake: Jessica is a regular visitor to the show, but Carli got to see it all in person for the first time. And because Jessica likes to get hands on, she got invited to be part of the next show and face your friend, Lacey.

Wilma: Bestie

Jake: And because of the fact that the Gold Standard tends to do very little on their own, Adam has allowed Carli to be in her corner….just in case.

Wilma: How kind of Adam. The reason the Gold Standard do little on their own is because unlike most people, they actually get along and they all have one singular goal in mind. They don’t fight amongst themselves or jockey for position, they support each other like women should do and they stand together, united. They are what everyone else should aspire to be and I’m sure that Jessica and Carli won’t have a number’s advantage on Lacey.

Jake: There won’t be one. Lacey always has Kyle in her corner, and he’s usually not shy about acting like a tag partner. So he’ll be there, and Jessica will have Carli.

Wilma: And if Lacey would like to have someone else there just in case Carli decides to stick her nose in the match, I’m sure she won’t have trouble finding someone. I know someone sitting on this couch that would jump at the chance, for example.

Jake furrows his brow for a moment.

Jake: I’m not going to be in her---OH! You mean you want to be in her corner? Do you think that’s necessary? Carli doesn’t strike me as the interfering type.

Wilma: Quick as a whip as always Jake, and whether or not she seems like the interfering type is irrelevant. Do you feel like your house is in the tornado type of place? No, but you still buy insurance.

He pauses again to process that, and rubs the bridge of his nose for a second.

Jake: Sure. Let’s move on. Also booked for the show, another member of the Gold Standard will be in action. Cassandra Steen will meet Sydney Christensen. Cassandra has yet to be pinned or submitted in singles matches, and Sydney’s still early on in her Future Shock career. So if she can hang the first loss on Cassandra, that might boost her up into the Aspire title rankings. Would you agree?

Wilma: And if pigs could fly we’d all be eating bacon out of nests, wouldn’t we? Hypothetical questions don’t really help anyone Jake, the fact of the matter is that Cassandra has been dominant since she arrived and will continue to be so after next week. Sydney has more than her work cut out for her and with another win under her belt, since you like to get all hypothetical, what do you suppose that would make Cassandra? I would say it should put her in line for a match with Harley, wouldn’t you agree?

Jake: Maybe, but one of her allies already has a guaranteed rematch for the title. So I’m not sure she’d try to undercut Valerie like that.

Wilma: I just said a match, not to jump ahead in the title ranks, don’t start trying to mix up my words Jake, enough people do that already on social media.

Jake: Either way, we’ll see how it shakes out. And if all that wasn’t enough for you, I’ve been informed that Kyle is promising a public workout for Cait Flanagan who has yet to make her debut, despite making Nora Harris miserable since she arrived. I don’t know exactly what a public workout entails, but I’m curious to find out. Cait says she won’t step into a ring until Kyle feels she’s ready. So I guess we’ll see what she’s learned.

Wilma: I think we’re all excited to see what Cait is capable of doing, in a controlled environment or otherwise. But speaking as someone who knows Kyle a little bit, being one of this stars on Aggression and all, I can say that he has ridiculously high standards, so when he says she’s ready, the entire locker room better look out.

Jake ponders that briefly before he continues.

Jake: Let’s look at the main event! It’ll be a tag team match as the Cortez twins, Tara & Luna, meet Mars Whimsey and a woman you know pretty well, Vivi Robichaud. Vivi’s been having some issues with Luna especially, and Mars is no fonder of them. We’ll see them square off, and this will be the first time we’ve seen the twins tag together. I have a feeling it could be confusing for the referee unless they keep a close eye on the twins the whole match.

Wilma: How can you be sure she’s had a problem with Luna and not Tara? Either way, they’ve both proven to dominate singles wrestlers and now that they’re a team? How are you going to be able to compete with a lifelong connection? Mars and Vivi have what? Known each other for a couple of months? Maybe a bit more? That’s nothing, and they haven’t even teamed up before. Vivi has already proven she’s worse than Mars, as well as myself, so she’ll be the weak link in this tag match that Tara and Luna should exploit. Maybe work her leg...if you were paying attention to my lesson a little earlier.

Jake: I’m sure they will all watch this, and take your thoughts under advisement. January 29th is the date to circle on your calendars when Future Shock comes back to Boston. And if Lacey wants it, she can have Wilma in her corner against Jessica Anderson. Along with the matches, there’s going to be a public workout for Cait Flanagan. A lot of stuff going on as always when Future Shock resumes January 29. Wilma, anything you would like to say to the Future Shock fans before we wrap?

Wilma: Between Elizabeth, Stacey, Cassandra, Valerie and Lacey, there’s a lot to be excited about coming up so make sure you all tune in. Future Shock has had some great times in the past, no question, but the future looks to be setting the Gold Standard of wrestling.

Jake: Yeah….

Jake takes a long sigh with a shake of his head as the Future Shock logo flashes across the screen.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 12:42:56 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: