Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 29, 2024, 08:52:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 58

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 58  (Read 122 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: April 13, 2019, 08:16:55 pm »

A lightning bolt strikes the screen, leaving the Future Shock logo. The next thing we see is the familiar set of the After Shock studio with the curved video wall behind the purple couch. Gary is also seen in his bowl. The camera pulls back, and finds he’s with the potential next Evolution Champion in Missy.

Jake: Hello, everyone! And welcome back to After Shock, where you get all the latest news coming from Future Shock. Whoo boy, is there plenty of news this week! I’m Jake, and you all know Missy by now: a former Prospect and literally no one is closer to adam than her. Welcome to the show, and thanks for coming! Rumor was if you were busy, they might have been trying to schedule Mallory for it.

Missy: I would never have let that happen, Jake. I wouldn’t put you through having to sit through a show with her alongside. Besides, I’m glad to be here. Malice was quite the show wasn’t it? Adam put together a great card for it.

Jake: The card might have been good, but I doubt most of the fans would agree with how most of it turned out. If you haven’t seen it yet, sign up for FFW All Access to see it and hundreds of hours of shows and Pay Per Views from the past too. We’re gonna hit the highlights here, and start with the main event! For possibly the first time in a while, Tara Cortez competed without her sisters getting involved when she defended successfully against Vivi Robichaud.

Missy: I think with the exception of one match, the fans would have preferred to see different winners in every match of the night. The main event was no difference. Vivi definitely had what felt like the whole of New Orleans behind her, but unfortunately that wasn’t enough to keep her from passing out. She did an amazing job though. I was surprised she managed to last as long as she did. She should feel very proud of herself after that.

Jake: I don’t think that Tara would have pinned her or made her quit, not in New Orleans in front of all her hometown fans. And I think she proved she can hang in the main event picture of Future Shock with that match. I know she had said originally Elizabeth was her target, but I think she can aim higher up the ladder now and no one...except maybe Tara...will bat an eye.

Missy: Lets face it, Tara is going to have issue with whoever comes after the title. She can be quite whiny from what I’ve seen of her….well, when she’s not kissing her own or her sisters’ asses that is.

Jake: In the opening match of the show, your own twin continued her singles undefeated streak against Celeste. I have been told that Celeste has decided to put her wrestling career aside, and pursue a college education. So that was the last time we’ll see her in the ring, but a very good reason to stop: an education can serve you better your entire life than the few years you can compete in the ring. But yeah, Cassandra won the match and has left the Gold Standard too.

Missy: This was another of the matches that the fans would have preferred a different result. I think that will ring even more true with viewers now they’re learning that was Celeste’s last match. You can’t fault her for wanting a good education behind her though. Personally I got my degree before I started wrestling. This is the kind of job that you know isn’t going to be forever, so if you don’t have options to fall back on when your time’s up, you’re gonna be screwed, quite bluntly.

Jake: I speak for all of the fans and many of the girls who work in Future Shock in wishing her a really bright future and good luck with her pursuit of a degree. She’s welcome to visit anytime she wants. But what do you make of your sister’s recent decision to leave the group she was such a big part of?

Missy: Honestly? With the size of the egos contained in that group, I’m surprised it’s taken this long for one of them to leave. I don’t know her reasons, me and her...aren’t exactly on girly chat terms with each other. But it does make you wonder what happened for her to suddenly up and leave like that.

This gets a sage nod from Jake as he continues.

Jake: Malice had its own form of Family Feud as the Stone sisters meet the Cortez sisters not named Tara. I think Mikayla, in particular, shined here. But a momentary distraction to make sure her sister was alright ended in an unfortunate bout of twin magic.

Missy takes a moment before responding.

Missy: Yeah...that whole twin magic thing got old about the second time they pulled it. It was a shame for the Stone sisters, I thought they had it in the bag before….the save was made. I get the feeling that won’t be the last we see of those two teams in the ring together though. I doubt the Stone sisters will be happy with that ending at all.

Jake: Going by texts I’ve had with Mikayla since then, I’m pretty sure you’re right on the money there. Of all the matches at Malice though, I think the brightest spot for most fans was finding out Mara Werth will be next in line to challenge for the Aspire Championship. She and Gemma….well, they beat the crap out of each other in one of the hardest hitting matches of the night.

The British brunette nodded in agreement.

Missy: Mara has been impressive since she arrived in Future Shock, but I really think she is starting to come into her own now. With how hard she’s worked towards the Aspire Championship, I think she is going to give Lannister a massive run for her money. Mara and Gemma put on one hell of a match, but I was glad to see Mara win it.

Jake: And then, of course, the last match we’ll discuss was probably one of the most anticipated in quite a while. Cait Flanagan made her in-ring debut after six months plus of antagonizing and annoying Nora Harris, and proceeded to get beaten from pillar to post by Nora for the majority of the match….but not ending in a win for her though.

Missy: I got to see this one from the booth, and I still stand by what I said during it. It needed a visit from the karma bus for Cait’s manager. If Cait thinks that she’s done with Nora now that match is over, I think she’ll likely be disappointed. Nora was understandably furious after it...and we saw how fired up she was at the start of the match. I think that’ll only get worse until she manages to get her hands on her again.

Jake: Good news is coming, because that karma bus is making a stop at the next Future Shock. Due to a rule a while back about managers having to go five minutes with those they cost matches by physically attacking them, Nora Harris is gonna face Kyle Kilmeade on the next Future Shock. And if the Gold Standard get involved, there will be suspensions and potential title stripping involved for those who do! April 23rd is when Future Shock comes home to Boston, and well….that may be the last we see of Kyle for some time.

Missy: If I remember correctly, Adam brought that particular rule in after Caitlyn got tasered by a manager. As much as I want to get excited by the thought of seeing Nora pound on Kyle for five minutes, I know from personal experience just how slippery that man is, even when you do manage to get him in the ring! I’m going to pray to anyone that will listen though, that we get to see her serve up some just desserts to him.

Jake: This has the potential to be a very long night for the manager of the Gold Standard, and there’s nothing they can do about it, which really is going to get under their skin. Also that night, we’re gonna see the debuts of two more tag teams Adam’s signed to Future Shock. Target Acquired, who are also part of SVW, will meet the Laurie Jane Experience, who don’t tend to appear on camera together for whatever reason.

Missy: I’ve seen the Target Acquired girls in action over at SVW and they seem quite promising. I think that might give the Laurie Jane Experience a tiny advantage, since they’ll get to study them a bit before the match. But with both teams being new to Future Shock, it’s pretty much an even keel for them. I wonder if the Laurie Jane Experience will actually be at the ring at the same time...or if it will be like their appearances on camera so far? Only one of them there at a time. That could make for an….interesting match.

Jake: It could be nothing, but I think there’s something peculiar about that team. I just can’t put my finger on what it is exactly.

Missy: I think you’re onto something. There’s something just a little...off there, but it’s hard to tell exactly what that is.

Jake: Those girls won’t be the only debuts that night though! We got to meet the newest Prospect signing at Malice, Arabella Townshend. She’s been undefeated in her other promotion where she holds a title, and now she’s come to Future Shock. Her first opponent will be Katie Keller, who just came off beating Tiffany Tompkins back in Mexico City.

Missy: Katie is an experienced wrestler, so that will be quite the debut for Arabella. I know that Adam has been quite impressed with Arabella though, so I’m interested to see how this one goes. I think it might end up being a pick ‘em.

Jake: And if all that wasn’t enough, then we got the main event! It may not be for the title like she wanted, but the “World Piercer” Gemma Pierce is gonna go one on one with the “Six String Sinner” Lydia Charisma! Lydia has been kind of a bogey for Gemma, and it seems like it’s consumed her wanting to prove she can get the job done. This will be their third meeting, and I suspect will be a real power battle in Boston.

Missy: Whoo boy. The first thing that springs to mind for me here is, hard hitting. Especially with Gemma losing out at the Aspire Championship shot at Malice, and with Lydia being kinda her white whale, I have a feeling that she is going to come out swinging to say the very least. Lydia can take a lot though and still keep coming, so this is going to be some match.

Jake: That’s a pretty stacked show right there. April 23rd, Future Shock returns to Boston for the first time since Malice. I’m also being told that we can likely expect a public address from the still reigning Future Shock Champion. Those girls have been making the rounds. They were at Breaking Point, they all got titles last we saw them on Future Shock. It really is starting to turn into the Cortez Show.

Missy turns her nose up at that.

Missy: Oh joy! That sounds like it will be about as much fun as a trip to the dentist. I think I’ll have to disagree with you about it turning into the Cortez Show though. More than anything because the thought is nausea inducing.

Jake: On top of all that, I have been given a promise by your fiance. Adam has told me that SVW fans, in particular, are gonna want to see this episode because he promised me he has a major surprise for them especially but for the rest of us too! I tried to press him on what it was, but he wouldn’t give it up. But there will be something big waiting on the 23rd.

Missy: He hasn’t let anything slip to me, but then again he never does when it comes to surprises for the show, so I’ll be watching with just as much interest as the rest of the fans!

The video wall changes to show a giant gift wrapped box with a bow on top of it sitting on the Future Shock stage.

Jake: It’s apparently going to come out of THAT box right there on the next show! Looks like a really big late Christmas gift to me. That box will be on the stage in Boston, and I’m curious what’s inside it.

Missy: You and me both! As if the card that’s lined up wasn’t enough reason to tune into the show, finding out what’s inside the box definitely is!

Jake: We’ll all find out together in Boston on April 23rd. It’s too big to be another dress box like the one you got a while back. He told me the box was seven or eight feet tall and pretty big too.

Missy: I’m going to take a stab in the dark and say it’s not an easter egg then. One that size would feed a lot of Boston.

Jake: Make sure you join us for what feels like it’s going to be one of the most talked about editions of Future Shock ever! Thanks to Missy for joining me, and I’ll have Vivi Robichaud joining next time! We’ll see you in Boston!

Both of them look back to the giant box on the video wall trying to work out what’s inside as After Shock fades to black.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 08:19:15 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: