Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 05:49:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

FFW Future Shock - Episode 71

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFW Future Shock - Episode 71  (Read 431 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: January 14, 2020, 10:28:26 pm »

Live from the Future Shock Arena in Boston, Massachusetts
January 14, 2020

A FFW logo is shown stuck on a travel bag as it’s being pulled through the airport. “Leave It All Behind” by Sleeping with Sirens can be heard playing over it. The bag belongs to Arabella Townshend as she heads towards her gate before she gets stopped by a mother and her daughter for an autograph. As she leans down to take a selfie with the little girl, one of the monitors hanging is showing clips from Future Shock.

When you look at my life, tell me what do you see?
I’m only human, so don’t expect too much from me.
I lost my faith, what have I become?
I don't think I can be safe from what I'm running for

The clips feature: Mara Werth getting to her feet and having her hand raised after a match, Nora Harris coming off the top of a cage with an elbow drop, Anna and Luna Cortez bumping fists and heading towards the ring, Su Wakuda reaching for a tag from Jennifer Song, and Gemma Pierce looking at her reflection as it changes from red hair to black, and Andi Takata nailing her rolling cutter!.

Will you remember me
If I were to fall into the sky?
And what will they think of me
If I leave it all behind?
When I leave it all behind?

Arabella continues through the airport, and takes a seat in her terminal. She checks her cell phone to see her itinerary, and gets tapped on the shoulder by another fan who wants a hug. This puts a grin on her face as she returns it, and they show her videos on their phone of her and several of the Prospects.

Would you be so surprised if I gave up tonight?
I'm barely breathing, I wanna kill the pain I feel inside
But I won't quit for the people I love
So I'll say I'm fine until the day I fucking see the light

The clips show: Cait Flanagan coming to the ring and throwing money over her shoulder, Alessandra and Nadia sitting on adjacent turnbuckles and flashing a smile to one another, Sydney Christensen delivering a tombstone piledriver, the Stone Sisters greeting the ringside fans as they head towards the ring, and Laurie ignoring Jane as she speaks with Sara backstage.

If you feel like you are nothing
If you feel like letting go
I'll be your hope when you are hopeless
Together, we are not alone
You're not alone

The doors open as Arabella heads through the gate to board her flight. And as the door with the Future Shock lightning logo seals shut behind her, we go live inside the arena to a roaring crowd. The camera pans the interior with a new stage design, and spotlights flooding the crowd as they see themselves on the video wall.

Zack: Happy New Year to everyone watching around the world, and welcome back to the cradle of democracy here in Boston, Massachusetts! And whoo boy, what a difference just over a month off has made! We have two championship matches on tap for the first Future Shock of the new year. There’s one hell of a grudge match on tap too. We also have late breaking news that the Nova Championship has been vacated, which we hope to get more details on that from Adam tonight. Steph, there’s plenty to talk about tonight.

Steph: I have all my note cards present and accounted for Zack. I also have some pop culture references written on the back of these.

Zack: In our main event, the Aspire Championship is up for grabs in a rubber match between the “World Piercer” Gemma Pierce and Mara Werth. They each have a win over the other one in their past two matches, and we’ll see what shakes out in the tiebreaker round for Future Shock gold tonight.

Steph: Place your bets right here and now folks. Collect after the show, thanks.

Zack: The Future Shock Tag Titles are on the line too as the Raging Dragons defend against the number one contenders, the Laurie Jane Experience. This one is a pick’em. I’ve bet against the Experience before, and learned to regret those words. I stand by the fact they don’t act like much of a tag team, but that hasn’t stopped them either. The Dragons have their work cut out for them tonight.

Steph: The great irony of being a well working team and being unable to prepare for a team that doesn’t work together at all. I can’t decide if it’s a slap in the face of tag wrestling or sheer brilliance.

Zack: And that grudge match I mentioned? It couldn’t get much more bitter between Arabella Townshend and Sydney Christensen. Steph, you saw their previous meetings and the war of words and rhetoric heat up each time. Who do you like here? 

Steph: I told Sydney on social media that if she wants to go all in on this she needs to find the biggest chip on her shoulder around. I meant that. Until I watch her outright prove that, I’ve got Arabella. I think Christensen could win...She just needs to make this new attitude actually work towards reaping some things.

Zack: As I said a bit ago, the Nova Championship has been vacated. There is no one holding Future Shock’s newest title, and we expect to hear from the Director on what’s gonna happen as a result. There’s certainly no shortage of women who want to claim it for their own, Steph. It’s been one of the most talked about titles in a long while!

Steph: I’m far from worried about what Adam is gonna do with it. He’s usually good about ideas with that.

Zack: We also expect to hear from a new Prospect just signed during the holiday break. I’m referring to Shelbi-Lynn Carter. Diehard SCW fans will know exactly who that is, and we’ll see what the “Colossal” one has to say about joining the Prospect roster.

Steph: ...”Colossal”?

Zack: Starting with our next show, fans, we’ll be auditioning ring announcers to replace Gaby, who has elected to get back into fashion design full time. But tonight, we’re borrowing FFW’s ring announcer, Kat Grayson.

Steph: Pinch hitting hheeeyyyy! I’d do double-duty but my voice doesn’t lend to ring announcing. Voicing direct-to-DVD animated movies maybe, but not ring announcing.

Zack: All that and a whole lot more! Let’s send it up to our new ring announcer to get things started with some tag team championship stakes on the line. 

THE RAGING DRAGONS (c) vs. THE LAURIE JANE EXPERIENCE
FFW Future Shock Tag Team Championship

The show heads to the ring with Kat Grayson standing in the center with a microphone ready to begin.

Kat: The opening contest of Future Shock is scheduled for one fall to a finish, and it’s for the FFW Future Shock Tag Team Championship!!

Zack: Two title matches tonight, fans, and no waiting! Steph, both of these teams arrived in Future Shock not too far apart at all. We’ve seen all their matches to this point, so who do you give the edge to tonight? 

Steph: You’d think I’d give it to the Raging Dragons since they’re a well working team. That’s who I want to give it to but how many well working teams have the Laurie Jane Experience spoiled again and again.

The lights go out for a couple of moments before “Paradise Circus” by Massive Attack begins to play cause the lights to flicker on and off randomly over the crowd. After a couple of seconds of this, a single spotlight appears on the entrance ramp to illuminate Laurie Jane; the brunette stood there in glittering metallic blue, tights and matching top with the initials ‘LJE’ emblazoned down the leg and across the chest in gold lettering. A step behind her, taking up the exact same pose is her partner - in matching ring gear but with an all black hooded sweatshirt covering her torso. 

Kat: Ladies and Gentlemen… Please welcome… THE LAURIE JANE EXPERIENCE!!!

The pair slowly made their way down to the ring, climbing the ring steps one after the other as Laurie entered the ring and stood in her corner. As Laurie performed a couple of last minute stretches, Jane stayed on the apron and removed her sweatshirt before she gave Laurie a final pep talk; the brunette trying to subtly shrug off and ignore the blonde behind her as she looked to be trying to focus on the match in front of her.

Zack: FFW has a very rich history of tag teams that don’t get along working well together. These two don’t seem to be at odds like those teams though. They just seem like…. One of them doesn’t give a damn about the other. 

Steph: Maybe not even as harsh as that. It’s just genuine apathy. Barely acknowledges her, barely wants to look or glance in her direction. Jane Strode could wear strobe lights and Laurie wouldn’t pay her much mind.

An upswell of music begins to overtake the arena, fantastic, hopeful and alluring. Ramin Djawadi’s “Dance of Dragons” plays the rapturous tones, before the music drops.

The mood is suddenly a biting one as the lights flare and The Raging Dragons come out from behind the curtain. Sumomo can be seen saying something to Jennifer that the music of their entrance drowns out to the fans in attendance. Whatever it is, it makes Jenny smirk a little bit as the duo begin walking towards the ring, Su shaking hands with some of the fans on her way as Gaby announces their arrival.

Kat: From San Francisco, California and weighing in tonight at a combined weight of 282 lbs, the team of Jenny Song & Su Wakuda... They are the reigning and defending FFW Future SHock Tag Team Champions…. This is THE RAGING DRAAAGONS!!

Rather less interested in the fans, Jenny marches down the ramp, bold-facedly ignoring a fan near the ring steps that tries to get her attention. The Azure Dragon stomps on the first step in the set, pausing for just a second, her eyes shut as she exhales a breath, before climbing up the steps. She brushes her feet off on the apron, sliding into the ring and backing herself into the corner, while Su hops onto the apron before slipping through the first and second rope, joining Jenny in their corner.

Zack: Jenny and Su have been nothing short of impressive since they arrived in Future Shock. They toppled the longest reigning tag champions in this brand’s history, and have a very unorthodox test ahead of them against the Experience tonight. 

Steph: It kinda stinks for the Dragons because by value of NHB and the Gold Standard, for them to have any hope of a respectful reign comparatively they’ll have to fight tooth & nail, and just when there’s so many teams in Future Shock now. That’s the breaks of wrestling.

Referee Kevin Fisk checks both teams for foreign objects, and takes the tag titles from the Dragons. He shows them to the Experience and raises them overhead and calls for the bell to start the match. Jane starts to head for the center, but Laurie brushes past her. The other half of the team turns around to leave, and Jenny meets Laurie in the center. The two lock up immediately, and Jenny uses her strength advantage to push Laurie back into the ropes. When the referee calls for a break, Song gives it and then a stinging chop to Laurie’s chest that freezes her in place for a second. That was all the opening that the champion needed as she began throwing forearm shots against her head. Laurie was whipped to the far corner as Jenny followed her in with a running European uppercut that snapped her head back. Song followed up with two more before scooping her onto her shoulders to deliver a Samoan drop. 

Zack: Jenny’s getting things rolling, and has already managed to get Laurie off her feet. I suspect we’re gonna see some ground and pound to keep her there as long as possible. 

Steph: Song moves with a certain liquid grace that quickly snaps into lethality. You can’t teach that kinda agility, Zack.

When Laurie tried to get up, that’s when Jenny began dropping elbows into her back and neck to keep her down. She sat down on her lower back to apply a camel clutch briefly, but Laurie was too close to the ropes and managed to get a break within seconds. Song pulled her up by the head, and used a corner bulldog to put Laurie on her knees. Jenny tagged out to Su before the two whipped Laurie across for the ride, scooping her up on the rebound for a double flapjack. As Jenny stepped out, Su took off for the far side and came back with a cannonball senton onto Laurie’s body. When the challenger started to get up again, Su grabbed her into a front facelock and looked to be going for a DDT. But Laurie countered and drove her backwards into the neutral corner before unloading with shoulder thrusts to her body to knock the wind out of her. She grabbed her head and followed up with a jawbreaker and a discus punch to put her down, and then started to get her bearings. 

Zack: Laurie showed some good instincts, but she needs a moment to herself. Both the Dragons were rattling her cage for a little while. 

Steph: Extremely good instincts at that. I have to say if nothing else, all four women have these parts that make them up that just...Go beyond formal wrestling training. You see what I mean Zack? Look at the monitor with those shoulder thrusts and sweep into the jawbreaker---discus!

As Su started to come forward, Laurie began pasting her with right hands. She whipped her across to the far side, and caught her on the rebound with a leg lariat. The challenger hit the near side for an Asai moonsault followed by a quick leg hook as Fisk dropped into position to make the count. 

Zack: Laurie looking for a shock and awe offense with a cover to take home the tag titles tonight in Boston!

ONE!!!!

TW-NOPE!!

Su kicked out just as the 2 was about to hit the mat, and Laurie began driving elbows into the side of her head before she got back to her feet. The challenger headed for the corner, crouching as she watched Su start to rise. When Wakuda was back to her feet, Laurie launched out of the corner with a handspring back elbow to the jaw. Su staggered backwards off balance, and caught a yakuza kick to the chest to put her down.

Steph: Laurie is lighting Su up and then some. Looks like Jane is gonna fly now!

Laurie darted for the neutral corner to make her way to the top rope, perching herself as Jenny tried to warn Su she was up top. Wakuda got back to her feet, and was put back down again with a missile dropkick. The challenger moved to her team’s corner to make her way up top again when Jane tagged her. And before Laurie could do much, Jane threw her off the top rope with a rocket launcher. She shoved the stunned Laurie off Su before diving in to make the cover herself. 

Steph: You know usually I’d say that takes a great amount of trust to use that maneuver but uh... Well not in this particular case.

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Su kicked out again, and Jane quickly got to her feet. Wakuda began heading towards her corner until Jane caught her around the waist, snapping off a German suplex. She took off for the far side to bounce off the ropes, only for Jenny to catch her with a kick to the back to stop her in her tracks. Jane glanced over to her right before Su snatched her up into a spinebuster.

Zack: Jenny saw the tide slipping after Jane stepped into the fight, and the referee needs to get Laurie out of the ring. She looks like she’s in shock for some reason.

Laurie was sat against the corner looking almost petrified and unmoving as Su reached across for the tag to Jenny. The pair joined forces in the ring as Jane was getting up, and brought her down with a Hi-Lo clothesline and chop block. Jenny started a Garvin stomp on the fallen Jane with one final stomp to her head. She dragged her to her feet, and snapped off a Northern Lights suplex into a pin. But Fisk was still trying to get the seemingly frozen Laurie out of the ring. Su shouted at him before he turned around, and slid into position to make the count. 

Steph: That... I don’t think Laurie meant to do that but... Oy-vey that KINDA looks... 

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

TH-NOPE!!!

Jane got her shoulder off the mat in time, and Jenny dragged Jane towards the corner. She tagged Su back in, but Jane was almost back to her feet at this point. A high knee to Jenny sent her crashing into Su as she was stepping through the ropes, and Jane then sent Jenny through the ropes to the floor. 

Zack: Talk about a malfunction at the junction! Jane used Jenny like a ram, and tossed her out! But Su’s in again! 

Su barely stood upright before Jane began firing off combination shots to her body. Wakuda covered up until she had enough of an opening to deliver a headbutt to her face to stop her. She whipped Su across to the far side, but Wakuda surprised her when Jane went for a Thesz press….but no one was home. Jane crashed down onto the mat as Su hit the near side ropes as she was getting up into a running neckbreaker! She dove into the cover with a leg hook…. But Laurie was still sitting frozen in the corner. Jenny darted towards her on the floor, and yanked her out of the ring to allow the referee to make the count.

Steph: It’s literal chaos when the Laurie Jane Experience get in the ring. Maybe that’s the secret to it all. Big time running neckbreaker and--still another slow count because Laurie is still in the corner.

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NOO!!!

Jane kicked out in time as Su looked back to see Jenny had gotten Laurie out of the ring. Song hopped back up onto her team’s corner, and had her hand out for the tag. Su moved towards her to tag Jenny back in, who went for a knee strike immediately. But Jane ducked it, and returned fire by grabbing her arm for an inverted stomp facebreaker. 

Zack: This may be the fastest paced Future Shock tag title defense I’ve ever seen, and neither side seems to be able to keep an advantage. 

Jane pulled herself back to her feet, still fairly wobbly after all she’d endured. And then she grabbed Jenny into position to nail a package piledriver. She stumbled back against the ropes, still trying to get her bearings before she pulled her elbow pad up her arm. Su slid down the apron to try to grab her...until Laurie yanked Wakuda to the floor and started pasting her with right hands. The two exchanged them with impunity as Jane grabbed Jenny’s wrist to pull her into a bull hammer elbow to the mouth! It dropped her like a rock before Strode collapsed on top of her for the cover. 

Steph: I felt that in my gums.. That elbow and there’s the pin...!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO!!

Jenny got her shoulder up in the nick of time before the three came down, causing Jane to check with the referee to make sure. The blonde got back to her feet, and headed to the neutral corner to wave Jenny back to her feet. The Boston fans were on their feet at this point. 

Zack: Color me impressed that Jenny managed to get the shoulder up, but it looks like it may be all for naught with what Jane’s got in mind here!

Steph: What’s Strode got locked and loaded!?

Jenny got to a kneeling position for a split second, long enough for Jane to launch out of the corner. She ducked Jane’s knee strike, and caught her as she passed into a roundhouse kick to the back of her head. Su managed to break away from Laurie on the floor, and the pair caught Jane in their team finisher…

Zack: DRACARYS!!!

Song dove into the cover as Su stood guard before the referee slid into position to make the count. 

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Fisk called for the bell as Su pulled her partner to her feet, and shared a hug with her. The referee returned to them the tag titles. Laurie looked up to the pair from the floor with her mouth agape, while Jane lay on the mat still.

Kat: Your winners of the match AND STILL FFW Future Shock Tag Team Champions…..THE RAGING DRAGONS!!!

Steph: Given all the chaos of the match I’m almost surprised that the Dragons survived this one. The Laurie Jane Experience proved to be a...Very different animal.

A crestfallen Laurie started to head towards the back, leaving Jane in the ring as the Dragons raised their titles high over their heads on adjacent corners. 

Zack: The Dragons proved to be just as good as they have always been in what was easily a frenetic tag title match, to say the least! And Laurie….well she’s just leaving Jane behind.

Steph: I... Laurie. She’s your tag team partner. YOUR TAG... TEAM... PART-NER!

As the champions continued their celebration of a successful retention, Laurie was already gone and Jane was starting to get up in the ring. On that image, the show heads elsewhere in the Future Shock Arena. 

A Little More Comes to Light

A clip takes us back to a few weeks ago when the band equipment of Ragin’ River was destroyed before the last Future Shock event. It continues with the shoving match between River Campbell and Jacqui Minogue at the Tunnel after it was discovered that it was the centerpiece of the Matriarchy behind it. From there, the show goes back live to find River with Sara. 

Sara: Happy New Year to all the Future Shock viewers out there, and you’ve selected a great night to join us with all that’s on tap. Joining me right now is a woman who was only supposed to be able to perform at our Denver event late last year until her band’s equipment was wrecked courtesy of Jacqui Minogue of the Matriarchy. River Campbell, welcome to the Future Shock Arena!

River: Hey Sara. Thank you for the warm welcome, it’s nice to be here. And yeah, you’re right. Originally it was supposed to one night, one set… Ragin’ River entertaining all the fine people who were at Future Shock and who were tuning in. Something a little bit different for Future Shock and a nice way for me and my girls to get our name out there; to announce ourselves as the hottest new rock act in the world.

There was a momentary pause.

River: Than Jacqui Minogue happened. Our equipment got trashed and now, thanks to Adam, I’ve got a chance to give her a proper receipt, right out there in the middle of a Future Shock ring. It’s going to be one Hell of a receipt, I promise you that. The equipment wasn’t cheap and the opportunity that we didn’t get? Well, that was simply priceless.

Sara: I’ve been doing some background research on this, and while I haven’t heard this explicitly from the Matriarchy, the rumor floating around is that Jacqui took exception to the fact you were even being allowed to be on the show with your band. According to the rumor, she didn’t feel like Future Shock… or wrestling in general… needs anything on shows but wrestling. No live music, nothing else but matches. So she took steps to make sure our Future Shock event in Denver didn’t have it either. 

River rolled her eyes.

River: Yeah, heaven forbid that Mr. Grant tries to provide his fans with a little bit of extra value with some of the best live music in the business. Not like our fee was coming out of her paycheck; not like we took any time away from her or from her sisters in arms getting their asses kicked. But hey, she’s entitled to her opinion and her beliefs, this is a free country and I wholeheartedly believe in free speech, but that doesn’t entitle her to wreck the amps or the drum kit. I swear to God, she should be counting her blessings I didn’t leave my guitar out there because if she’d scratched that...she wouldn’t have walked out of the damned Tunnel. Instead, she gets to face me in that ring and we can have a full and frank discussion of the merits of her point of view and why she’s very much wrong.

Sara: If all that I heard is accurate, I guess you could consider Jacqui something of a purist when it comes to the sport. If it’s not in the ring or about being in the ring, she apparently considers it unnecessary. It’s also fair to note that your performance wasn’t going to cause any of the matches booked for Impact to be pulled. I’m guessing you don’t feel that your band performing was going to take any of the spotlight or attention away from the girls booked on the show to compete? 

An ever so small grin appeared on River’s face.

River: Like you said, Sara. We weren’t taking away from anything that was announced for the show ahead of time. I’ve been in SVW for a while, I know how things work and Adam was very, very clear about where we stood and what would happen to us if his wrestlers needed more time. Very clear on that and very strict on the time that we’d been allotted...right down to the second. As for taking the spotlight...we were just going to do what everyone else on the show that did - our absolute best to entertain the fans. Of course, if she doesn’t think she can compete with us, a band making its first ever appearance, well, that sounds more like a her problem. It sounds to me like she needs to look in a mirror and ask herself what she’s doing wrong if a band gets more talk than a wrestler on a wrestling show.

Sara: Fans, we’ll keep you updated on this as the date for this match between Jacqui Minogue and River Campbell hasn’t been set to this point. But it’s obvious that River here is ready to go whenever the time comes. And that’s----

Sara touched her earpiece for a moment and looked back to River.

Sara: Did you bring your band’s lead singer to the show tonight? 

River nodded her head.

River: Yeah, I’m trying to help her get a little more comfortable backstage and around TV cameras. Make it more second nature. Or at least less of a big deal for when she has to do it in the future.

Sara: You may want to get back to her sooner than later. One of the producers has just informed me Jacqui is in the dressing room with her right now…. 

River: I’m sure Jacqui wouldn’t be stupid enough...not given that she’s just and not taking any spotlight from anyone...or even a morsel from catering out of a hungry wrestlers mouth. But I’m just gonna go ahead and make sure of that...thanks for the heads up.

As River darts off to go check on her singer, the show heads elsewhere in the Future Shock Arena. 

Colossal

The lights in the arena dim slowly. “Colossal” by Wolfmother plays over the speakers, filling the arena with heavy guitar, drums, and bass. The word Colossal sprawls across the screen in large, crumbling, 3D letters with the roots of a tree crumbling them slowly over time.

I saw the colossal landscape
Of which I never was a part
It was a magical day
Of which I’d never seen before

The lights in the arena start to flash green while mist starts to rise on the entrance ramp. The dense mist slowly travels down the ramp, lit from below with white light that matches the beat of the music.

The first time I saw colossal girl

A figure slowly starts to emerge from behind the fog, a silhouette that pauses just in time to be obscured to the cameras. They slowly raise their arms up from their sides up into the air, lit from behind.

Such glowing mountains before us
Pillars of life all fade away
Of all the things I need to say girl
All of these words are in my way

Out from behind the fog, the figure moves forward again with a spotlight on her, her fire-red hair is the first thing to catch the light. The music becomes ominous as “Colossal” Shelbi Lynn Carter runs out energetically and the crowd pops. Wearing a leather jacket over her wrestling gear, she’s a spectacle to behold, feeding off the energy of the crowd.

Well, she's running to the hills again
Can you tell me if she'll ever return?
She must be mother nature's child
'Cause she's runnin' to the call of the wild
She's talkin' to the trees again
Tellin' me that she's one of them
Lookin' at the bird in the tree
Though she's never gonna notice me, no

Kat: Making her way to the ring, based out of New Bedford, Massachusetts, she is the “Colossal” Shellllbiiiiiii Lyyyyyyynnnnn Caaaaaarteeeeer!

Shelbi points out into the crowd and lets out a primal scream before running down the entrance ramp and sliding into the ring. She jumps up onto her feet quickly, looking up to the rafters and pointing at the ceiling, closing her eyes and breathing in deep. Bringing her arms down to her side quickly, pyro erupts from the corner posts.

Oh is my love a confession
Will I just put it back today?
If I had a love to give you
Would you still throw it all away?

The music fades down as Shelbi signals a tech for a microphone. She looks around the arena, at the faces in the audience, before closing her eyes.

Shelbi: Once upon a time, there was a woman with everything she could ever want. Friends, family, a job that she could be proud of, but then something came and took that all away from her. The woman, though physically tough, was mentally broken. Her life came falling down around her: she had a miscarriage, went through a messy divorce, and was forced to leave her job, her career, the thing she loved the most about her life. She fell further and further into the darkness, spiraling out of control. Drinking every day, doing drugs every night, and watching her life further fall into disarray; not sure how to get out of the hell her life had become.

Shelbi opens her eyes and moves toward the camera, leaning on the top rope, taking a moment to appreciate the quality materials that make up the ring.

Shelbi: Paralyzed by fear and self-doubt, she gave herself an ultimatum. Sober up, work out, maintain a job for a little while - even if it meant working in independent promotions -  and prove that she was fit to come back full time.

She starts to pace around the ring.

Shelbi: And you know what? She did what she set out to do, and then some. She set out to be average, and instead became something else altogether. She became Colossal. Her name - my name - is Shelbi Lynn Carter, and I’m here to prove myself. I was once one of the top examples of what a female wrestler could achieve, and I’m here to start over again, from the starting line. Forget everything you might have known about me in the past, I’m a brand new beast. I’m going to rise to the top. Watch out ladies, because I’m a bulldozer with a wrecking ball attached. Consider this your warning.

She stops pacing and looks directly into the camera.

Shelbi: One day I’ll be in a casket with all of my enemies surrounding me, making sure that when they bury me I stay in the ground, but that’s not today. I’m very much alive and kicking, thriving on chaos. If chaos is a ladder, I climbed to the top of that ladder. I’ve destroyed that ladder and made it my bitch. I’m a calamity. I’m an unstoppable force of nature. I’m Godzilla rolling through Tokyo. I’m a juggernaut, and no one outback is going to stop me when I get my momentum going.

Shelbi sighs before she starts to laugh.

Shelbi: Next Future Shock, my first show when I come back to competition, I face Ashley Slayton. From what I’ve seen, she’s a newcomer to professional wrestling, but with a pedigree worthy of a champion. She’s a legacy wrestler, and with something to prove. Ashley, I’d say I’m sorry for what I’m going to have to do to you, I’d say that I’d take it easy on you, I’d say that I’m excited to watch your young career blossom into something beautiful, but let’s be honest, I’m not. But I’ll get to you in due time. Be afraid, because I’m going to be bold. I’m going to be Colossal.

She drops the mic and her entrance theme begins to play over the speakers. The vivacious redhead begins to make her way out of the ring and back up the ramp as the show cuts to commercial.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 10:30:15 pm »

#BriMeansBusiness

The show heads elsewhere in the Future Shock Arena, namely to the interview position where we now find Sara waiting alone. 

Sara: I’m about to be joined by the Director of Future Shock, who is going--

She stops when she sees the Executive Assistant instead join her, that being Brianna Singer. Sara looks a little bit surprised to see her. 

Sara: Hello, Miss Singer. I was just waiting to cover some of the news that I know Adam has to share with everyone. 

The redhead walks into the frame with a smile on her face and the Future Shock Nova Championship in her hands.

Bri: Well hello to you too, Sara. I know you were expecting Adam, but he had something important to attend to, namely a meeting with Samantha Star, and asked me to fill in for him.

Sara: Very well, let’s start with what you’re holding. I’ve been informed through my sources that the Nova Championship is now vacant after some legal issues have forced Luna and her sisters to discontinue their careers here. Can you confirm that and is there a plan in place to crown a new champion yet? 

Bri: Unfortunately, you are correct. While we can’t go into details at this time because of legal reasons, we can confirm that Tara, Anna and Luna are no longer employed here. Now as far as crowning a new champion goes, there absolutely is a plan in place to crown a new champion. You didn’t think we WOULDN’T have a plan in place, did you?

Sara: I assumed there would be one ultimately, but given how late breaking all of this is, I didn’t know if it had already been set in stone. In that case, please fill the viewers and myself in on the plan.

Bri looks down at the championship with a smile.

Bri: Since day one, this has been one of the most sought after titles in all of Future Shock. So it’s only right that we do something great in return. Now here is the plan. Arabella Townshend won a number one contender match against Jacqui Minogue at the end of last year. Former champion Katie Hanley is owed a rematch. So they are going to meet at Sheffield Showdown on March 10th to crown a new champion.

Bri holds up a finger.

Bri: However, there is just ONE little added element to this whole scenario. If Sydney Christensen wins tonight over Arabella, then she is going to have the choice of being added to the title match in Sheffield, or waiting for a later date to go after the winner. Sounds like fun, huh?

Sara: So there’s some added importance on the match tonight between Sydney and Arabella besides settling a grudge. March 10th in Sheffield is shaping up quickly to be a very big show for Future Shock. Speaking of that show, can you share what the main event is going to be? I assume it will be a Future Shock Championship defense for Vivi Robichaud. But with Tara gone and Cassandra moved up to FFW, who will be challenging her? 

Bri: That is where things get a LITTLE interesting, Sara. Because for the first time ever ...there is no set opponent, meaning the champion herself gets to decide who she wants to face in Sheffield. Vivi has two weeks from tonight to decide who she thinks is up for the task of fighting for the Future Shock championship. Consider this something of an early wedding present for her.

Bri says with a little smirk.

Sara: Wow, that is news. I’m sure we’ll find out who she picks on the next show, and there’s a roster full of Prospects no doubt hoping that it’ll be one of them. Thanks for--

Bri looks at Sara with a rather incredulous look as she holds up her hand.

Bri: Uhh, I never said I was finished. I still have one more bit of news to share, and it concerns the main event of the next Future Shock show. Now, since all of the current champions are busy competing tonight, that leaves our Future Shock champion high and dry. But fear not, because in two weeks, Vivi will be in a tag team match which will see her team with Nora Harris and they will take on Victoria and Sienna…The Doomsday Sisters.

Sara: You’ve given us all plenty to consider tonight, Miss Singer. Thanks for talking with me. Let’s send it to the ring to find out if Sydney Christensen will have a choice to make after she meets Arabella Townshend… NEXT.

A quick video package for the rivalry between the two women airs before the show heads back into the arena. 

ARABELLA TOWNSHEND vs SYDNEY CHRISTENSEN

Future Shock returns from the commercial break back to the ring as the ring announcer stands ready to begin. 

Kat: The following contest is scheduled for one fall to a finish.

Zack: That introduction doesn’t even begin to cover what we are about to see. I’ve got Lilly Arthur here, who is going to be going home for the Sheffield Showdown on March 10th along with the Prospects. And Lilly, I’m sure you will agree that there’s a lot more than just a match that has lead us tonight to Arabella and Sydney.

Lilly: You’re exactly right Zack, there’s a lot of bad blood here and it’s been boiling and bubbling for a long, long time between these two. There’s absolutely no love lost between these two...just a deep loathing. Neither competitor is going to want to lose here tonight.

Zack: And with the stakes just laid down by Brianna Singer, this match couldn't be more important unless the Nova Championship was on the line tonight.

The sound of a guitar strumming subtly begins to echo in the arena, leaving those in attendance wondering what is going on. The angelic voice of one Lzzy Hale of the band Halestorm is heard next, her voice serenely starting the opening verse of “I Am The Fire.”

Am I brave enough?
Am I strong enough?
To follow the desire
That burns from within
To push away my fear
To stand where I'm afraid
I am through with this
'Cause I am more than this
I promise to myself
Alone and no one else
My flame is rising higher.

As the song picks up the tempo, her voice becomes more intense, kicking into the chorus.

I am the fire
I am burning brighter
Roaring like a storm

Midway through the chorus, the curtains part and out walks the pride of Calgary herself, Sydney Christensen.  She steps out to the middle of the stage and juts her arms out on either side of her, tossing her head back as the fans show their appreciation. She picks her head up and slowly brings her arms in front of her, her index fingers pointing down to the ring. Dropping her arms to her side, she begins her march towards the ring, nodding at a few fans along the way. Once she reaches the ring, she hops up onto the apron and steps through the bottom and middle ropes. Almost immediately, Sydney walks over to the ropes and raises her arms above her head, encouraging the fans as they cheer on the proud Canadian. Sydney then walks over to one corner of the ring and rests her back against the turnbuckle, awaiting her opponent as her music fades out on one poignant line of the chorus.

And I am the one I've been waiting for
Screaming like a siren
Alive and burning brighter
I am the fire!

Kat: Introducing from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, this is…...SYDNEY CHRISTENSEN!!

Zack: Lilly, how do you feel about the way Sydney Christensen has been lately? She ruined the main event of the last Impact special, and she tried to cripple Katie Hanley when she challenged for the Nova title. She’s certainly made it hard to feel sympathetic for her. 

Lilly: Sydney’s pretty much gone out of her way to be as unlikeable as possible and the response that she’s been getting hasn’t phased at all. There’s a saying that you can either win friends or win titles...seems like she’s pretty much hell bent on the latter.

The sounds of "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol begins to play as purple strobe lights flash on the darkened stage. A woman starts to rise up from under the stage with her back to the crowd before looking over her shoulder with a smile. 

Last night a little dancer, came dancin' to my door
Last night a little angel, came pumping on my floor
She said come on baby, you got a license for love

The fans give her a very warm response as she bounces down the stage to the music, greeting several fans along ringside and even taking selfies with a couple before rolling under the bottom rope. She shucks off her ring jacket as the lights come up.

Kat: Introducing from London, England....please welcome....ARABELLA TOWNSHEND!!

Arabella gives Gaby a little hip bump as she passes her, and climbs up onto the turnbuckle to rally the fans as her music fades out.

Zack: Much like you, Lilly, I know how excited Arabella is to be heading home to England in March for the Sheffield Showdown! But tonight, it’s not about titles. It’s about major league payback for Arabella!

Lilly: It’s always good to go back home, especially when you work for a company like FFW who might only do a show or two in England every year. Tonight, she has to put that to one side and focus entirely on the job in hand, otherwise Sydney might just do everything that she can to make sure Arabella doesn’t make the Sheffield Showdown show on March 10th. 

Referee Kevin Fisk checked both women, who never took their eyes off each other before he finally called for the bell. The staring only last a half second longer before the two took off towards each other, and started unloading with furious right hands to each other’s heads. The Boston crowd ate it up as they traded blows until Arabella used a double leg takedown, and dropped down on top of Sydney to continue blasting away with those right hands. 

Zack: I hope you weren’t looking for a catch wrestling classic, because this isn’t gonna be it! It’s nothing but blistering rights, and look at Arabella in the mount position to keep dropping those bombs right upside Sydney’s head!

Lilly: You said this was a grudge match and we’re seeing it straight off the bat here. Sydney’s got to weather this early storm because she will get her chance to return fire sooner or later.

Sydney covered her head briefly before she managed to shove Arabella off of her. The blonde got back to her feet, and turned around into a haymaker right from Arabella to the jaw. It sent her stumbling backwards on impact before the Brit whipped her across to the far side. Townshend followed her in with a running clothesline that sent them both over the top rope to the floor. They landed side by side practically ringside before looking over at each other. The punches started flying again as they laid on their backs, this time with Sydney rolling on top of her to gain the high ground.

Zack: Have you ever seen two women who hate each other so much that they fight from their backs?! Now Sydney’s on top, and it’s her turn to hammer those shots in on Arabella! There is some next level hatred between these two!

Lilly: They both went over the top rope to the floor and have barely noticed! They don’t care where they are, they’re going to throw those bombs at one another.

Arabella managed to shake Sydney off, and tried to get to her feet. Sydney got there first though, and grabbed two handfuls of her hair to drive her face into the edge of the ring. It caused Arabella to wobble on her feet before Sydney fired her into the barricade, with Arabella’s back striking the retaining wall before sliding down to the floor in a seat. The fans on the other side tried to encourage Arabella to get up as Sydney walked towards her, shouted some obscenities at the fans before raining more fists into Arabella’s head. She dragged her back to her feet, and sent her into the steps next. Townshend hit back first, and dropped to her knees. She pushed back to a vertical base as Sydney moved closer, teeing off with a knife edge chop to her chest that reverberated through the arena. Fisk told them to get back in the ring, but Sydney ignored him to fire off another chop to the Brit’s pale chest. 

Lilly: Outside the ring is the last place Arabella wants to be, Sydney is using everything that’s not nailed down as a tag team partner and doing more and more damage to her foe in the process!

Zack: The referee could have counted them out by now, but he doesn’t want to do it. No one wants to see that, and we got one hell of a brawl going on tonight in Boston!

The Canadian took a moment to absorb the fan dislike, almost as though she were taking in a deep breath before teeing off with another chop. But this time, it didn’t seem to have any effect. Arabella glared at her as Sydney fired off another, causing her chest to redden more each time. Arabella told her to do it again before Sydney began to back up a few steps. The Boston fans roared in approval as Townshend bolted away from the post with a sling blade clothesline that mowed Sydney down to the floor. 

Zack: I’ll be damned if… I think those chops woke Arabella up again! What a clothesline! Sydney’s head nearly went into the third row, and Townshend is seven shades of fired up all over again!

Lilly: She got an opportunity to catch her breath and the adrenaline began flowing and now the Calgary native is wondering where the truck that just hit her came from.

Sydney tried to get back to her feet, only to eat a shoulder tackle that sent her over the barricade into the front row. Arabella shook her head, and reached down to pull her back to her feet. She dragged her around the corner, and hoisted her up for a vertical suplex that landed on the ramp. Sydney’s back arched off the steel before Townshend paced back and forth with the crowd very loud in her favor. The blonde tried to get back to the ring before Arabella hoisted her up for an atomic drop, but instead drove her into the post instead of her knee. Sydney collapsed to the floor, and Arabella rolled back into the ring as the referee admonished her about fighting on the outside. 

Lilly: I think Fisk is wasting his breath here. He either has to let them get on with it or he’s got to disqualify them; there’s no point trying to warn them, because neither of them really give a damn about anything but hurting the other.

Zack: You got that right! This is one of the wildest brawls I’ve seen on this program, and I’ve been here for all of them! Arabella’s walking tall in the ring, and Sydney may be having buyer’s remorse for what she’s done.

The blonde pulled herself up to her feet, and then onto the apron. The Brit backed up a few steps, and charged towards her. But Sydney sidestepped her, and caught her with a knee to the stomach as she got closer. A bell clap disoriented her before Sydney grabbed her head, and snapped her neck across the top rope. The brunette stumbled backwards holding her throat and coughing before Sydney stepped back into the ring. She darted past her with a one handed bulldog, spiking Arabella’s face into the mat. The veteran dropped down to the mat with her, and started using a gator roll around the ring. This went on for several seconds before Sydney released it, sat up, and dusted her hands like she’d already won.

Lilly: I think Sydney’s had enough of trading hands with Arabella and has decided she’d be better off trying to wear her down, sap that strength and use her experience to control this match a little bit more. 

Zack: She better stay on her though. She can catch her breath in the back after the match is over, because this is only giving Arabella time to get herself together. 

Christensen got back to her feet, pulling Arabella’s arms behind her before she proceeded to lay in several stomps to her head. She drove in six of them before one big stomp on the seventh to put her face down again on the mat. When she dropped down beside her, she pulled her head up by the hair to talk some trash into her ear. She then backed up a few steps, and landed a big leg drop across the back of her head and neck. 

Zack: Notice, fans, that there hasn’t been a single pin attempt or submission since the bell rang. But Sydney’s in control, and sharing how she feels about Arabella right in her ear. I don’t think she’s gonna win this by talking to her.

Lilly: Nobody won a match by trash talking their opponent. Though the leg drop across the back of her head and back will certainly help Sydney get closer to scoring victory here tonight.

Arabella was dragged to her feet before Sydney planted her head between her legs to deliver a running turnbuckle powerbomb! The Brit slumped to sit against the corner as Sydney backed up to the opposite side. She measured her and charged forward with a running facewash boot to her jaw. It sent her head lolling to the side before the Canadian dragged her out of the corner, and went for a lackadaisical cover. 

Zack: Sydney’s running every play to knock Arabella out cold, and she may have done just that! But this cover, Lilly….

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THR-NOPE!!

Arabella kicked out before the three, sending Sydney off balance on the cover. Instead she rolled over her head and began to hammer elbows into her ear. The referee admonished her before she got up to her feet, and glanced towards the barricade on the outside and back down to Arabella. A grin began to form on her face. 

Lilly: Sydney might have been able to call it a night already if she’d hooked the leg on that cover. Instead Arabella keeps alive though it seems as though Christensen has some kind of plan forming right now and that can only be bad news for Arabella.

Sydney pulled the lifeless Arabella to her feet into a rear waistlock, and backed up towards the ropes. The camera picked up her telling the Brit that she was gonna end up just like her mentor in just a few seconds. 

Zack: This is what she has in mind, Lilly! She suplexed Katie on her head out of the ring when they faced off for the Nova title, and now she’s gonna do the same thing to Arabella!

Lilly: Sydney going back to what worked so well for her before...Townshend gotta do something to prevent this, or she’s left hoping for a better landing than her mentor.

Sydney cinched the suplex tightly, and with a display of strength, she launched Arabella over the top rope with a belly to back suplex. The blonde grinned as she walked forward, once more dusting her hands…. Unaware that Arabella landed on her feet ringside and was staring daggers into her back. The Boston crowd was ROARING, even though Sydney wasn’t sure why just yet!

Lilly: Turn around Sydney. Turn around and find out why the crowd are so loud. Turn around and get what’s coming to you!

Zack: If looks could kill, I’d tell you where to send flowers for the late Sydney Christensen! She doesn’t even realize that Arabella landed on her feet…. Like a cat! I’ve never seen that before!

Arabella headed back into the ring. As soon as Sydney turned around, Arabella launched into a massive spear that folded Sydney in half with her feet and legs over her head on the canvas. Arabella popped back to her feet, and pounded the mat with both fists as the crowd was right behind her with a “BELLA!!” chant! 

Zack: Jesus Christ, what a spear that was! 

Lilly: You’re not kidding!! She broke Sydney in two and neatly stacked the pieces ready for clean up!!

Arabella shoved Sydney’s legs onto the mat, and stood over her for a half second before leaning down to pick her up. She hoisted her into position to deliver a hammerlock sitout spinebuster! She quickly made the cover with a hook of the inside leg before Fisk went to make the count. 

Zack: A little new offense from Arabella, and I don’t think there’s much left in the tank for Sydney after that!!

ONE!!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-WAIT.

The referee waved it off, even though Sydney hadn’t budged an inch. But he pointed to Arabella where her other foot was laying under the bottom rope. 

Lilly: Sydney rode her luck because she’s got no clue where she is right now. If Townshend had took half a moment or check or had hooked the other leg...this would be over!

The Brit got back to her feet with a shake of her head. Sydney was still lying on the mat just as she had been left after the cover. The only thing moving was her chest showing she was breathing still. Arabella gave the sign it was time to end it, and pulled the lifeless Sydney towards the center of the ring by her foot. The blonde still offered no movement. 

Zack: She’s right in the center now, Lilly! And I think we know what Arabella has in mind! Sydney, I think she’s still out of it! Arabella doesn’t have to do much to end this.

Lilly: Syd’s not moved a muscle that’s true, but she’s had plenty of time to recover her Zack. Arabella might want to be careful just in case...

Arabella pulled her adversary up, and planted her head between her legs. The fans came to their feet as she nodded her head. 

Zack: Yep, I know that look! 

The brunette scooped her up into a spinning sitout powerbomb that bounced Sydney off the canvas on impact. Arabella rolled through with both legs hooked tightly before the referee dropped to make the count. 

Zack: HELLO BOMBSHELLE!!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Fisk called for the bell as the fans in the Future Shock Arena erupted with cheers. Arabella got back to her feet slowly, and had her hand raised in victory. 

Lilly: This was an all out fight and Arabella put her own exclamation point right at the end with her absolutely devastating Hello Bombshelle powerbomb!! She’ll be happy to have some measure of revenge tonight.

Kat: Your winner by pinfall…………………..ARABELLA TOWNSHEND!!!

For the first time since the bell rang, a smile formed on Arabella’s face as she climbed the turnbuckle and raised her hands again The crowd ate it up as she leaned down to the camera to tell everyone she was coming to get the Nova title next. 

Zack: I don’t know who the next Nova Champion is gonna be, Lilly, but you’d have to be exceptionally stupid to look past Arabella Townshend after this match. 

Lilly: She’s definitely laid down a marker tonight with a very impressive victory over an exceptionally dangerous veteran like Sydney Christensen.

The Brit rolled out to the floor, greeting a few of the fans along ringside as she headed to the back. The show cut elsewhere after that. 

The Matriarchal Response

The camera opens with Jacqui Minogue on the roof deck of The Matriarchy’s South End Apartment in Boston, looking directly at the camera wearing an aqua colored cap-sleeve top and light blue jeans. She seems a bit nonchalant as she stands there. However, by the tone of her voice, it’s clear that she’s prepared to drive her point across.

Jacqui: So, River Campbell. It seems that you have an issue with me. If you’re sick of reliving the reason why this is so, allow me the pleasure to make it more nauseating for you, mate. You were set to have your little concert at the 2nd Impact show two months ago. You were feeling so giddy to perform with your band, getting this opportunity that would help you get more exposure for yourselves as you so put it ...”take over the world”. Only to have lil ol' me make sure that you never played a single set that night ...Boo–Hoo.

Jacqui drives her last words across by mocking a crying emotion and giving a sad face at the camera...for about a few seconds before returning to a tone of defiance.

Jacqui: Let me make this clear to you River so that your miniscule brain can comprehend what I’m saying. I don’t care if you were invited. You weren’t supposed to be there with your garage band. That night was an important night for me and the other prospects, not to take part in some cheap ended Lollapalooza. You should be thanking me from sparing you the embarrassment just as much as they were spared in the embarrassment of watching you and your garage band play.

Jacqui pauses for a moment, for she was beginning to get heated, before bringing her attention back to the camera.

Jacqui: And as far as “making me suffer" goes. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist for one to pull something on me at that mundane Girls Night Out show. Probably more exciting than the event itself. Although I’m very surprised that you actually had the sense, much less the balls, to do it. Therefore stepping into a situation that you’re not going to find easy to get out of because now you have my attention. And have given me carte blanche to do whatever I please to capitalize on it.

Jacqui gives a sneer to accompany her comment.

Jacqui: I will be at the arena at the next Future Shock, River. I dare you, you bloody bitch, to be there.

After giving a cold glare to the camera, Jacqui walks away, leaving the camera to focus on the city background before fading to black.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 10:37:42 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 10:33:13 pm »

"WORLD PIERCER" GEMMA PIERCE (C) vs. MARA WERTH
FFW Future Shock Aspire Championship

The show returns from the commercial break, and finds tonight’s guest ring announcer, Kat Grayson, back in the center of the ring once more.

Kat: The following contest is scheduled for one fall to a finish, and it is for the FFW Future Shock Aspire Championship!!

Zack: If you like your matches hard hitting, this is gonna be an early Christmas! Steph, Mara and Gemma have met twice before and it was a bruising affair, to say the least. I expect no different in this rubber match.

Steph: Oh by all means, Zack. If you like to see a spectacular amount of vicious sundering and pummeling, with bruises flaring up... Get ready folks.

I'm only human
I'm only—I'm only—
I'm only human, human

“Human” by Rag’n’Bone Man starts to play over the soundsystem as the video screen shows a jail cell door sliding backwards and a pair of black ring boots with legs going all the way up to a simple blue skirt step out onto the landing only to suddenly stumble as if given a push in the small of the back from the man who appeared behind her in shiny black shoes and black pants. 

Maybe I'm foolish,
Maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this
And see what's behind
Got no way to prove it
So maybe I'm lying

As the pair pass by, the camera gets a shot from behind before it cuts to more grainy CCTV footage that shows the guard escorting the raven haired prisoner across a prison yard of patchy grass and into another building. There’s another cut as we see a shot of exposed midriff on the other side of a counter that has a pack of gum, some loose change on it and a hair bobble on it. A hand reaches forward, picking up a pen and signs a name quickly before scooping up the possessions as she stiffly pushed to move onwards.

But I'm only human after all,
I'm only human after all
Don't put your blame on me

There’s another cut; this time to show the back of the black haired woman as she reaches up to tie her long loose hair back with the bobble while still walking forward, coming to a stop in front of a large closed door. The camera cuts to the opposite side of the door and low door, watching as it swung open and the woman stepped out; only for the blazing sun to obscure her face and body; the video screens becoming a blazing yellow-white sun glare with a spotlight shining bright as the same woman has appeared at the top of the entrance ramp. The spotlight dims to reveal Mara Werth standing there in her black boots, blue skirt and white vest top.

Take a look in the mirror
And what do you see?
Do you see it clearer
Or are you deceived
In what you believe?

Kat: Ladies and gentlemen please welcome from Tuscaloosa, Alabama… MARA WERTH!!!

'Cause I'm only human after all,
You're only human after all
Don't put the blame on me

With a smile on her face she begins to head down the ramp to the ring, running up the ring steps. She moved down the apron, facing out to the crowd and threw her arms up into the air before she stepped through the ropes. Heading to the corner, the girl carefully stepped up onto the middle ropes, throwing her hands up into the air again before she bounced back onto her feet and stretched as she waited for the match to start.

Zack: Steph, let’s hear your keys to victory tonight. We’ll start with the challenger. What does Mara need to do and avoid against the champion to regain the title? 

Steph: Well when you come against modern practitioners of Brit Wres, you have to not get sucked into trying to go hold for hold for them. They’ll win and then put a boot on your neck. Always moving should be Mara’s game plan.

The lights go out in the arena, an anticipatory murmur filling the arena. A moment or two passes in silence before a slow-tempo guitar begins to play through the PA system, accompanied by an electronic vibration effect, kicking off All Good Things’ “For the Glory.”

Better back down, you’re in my domain
Got the whole crowd screaming out our name
It’s a blowout, it’s a hurricane
It’s over, before you know it.

An aggressive guitar chord strikes as red lights begin to swirl through the arena. The curtain is pushed aside, and a dimly lit figure stands in the middle of the entrance ramp. While not much of her is clearly visible, she turns her head to face either direction of the crowd.

Why you shaking? We’re a dynasty
In the making, We’re the royalty
Now we're breaking down the enemy
Move over for the soldiers.

After a moment, a single white spotlight turns to the ramp, revealing a woman in a leather jacket, glaring toward one side of the crowd, chewing a piece of gum with a smirk on her face. Notably, as the spotlight focuses on the World Piercer, her usually bright red hair is jet black, and hangs down in her face somewhat, although Gemma doesn’t seem particularly bothered for the moment.

Kat: Introducing her opponent, from Liverpool, England, weighing 147 pounds…this is “The World Piercer,” and the [Future Shock/Aspire Champion]...this is GEMMA...PIERCE!

Gemma turns to stare at the other side of the audience, lips curling into even more of a smirk as the fans react to the introduction with boos. She grips the ends of her leather jacket, pulling it apart to reveal the [Future Shock/Aspire] Championship around her waist, before pacing down the ramp slowly. For the most part, she ignores the crowd, although one person toward the end of the ramp seems to get the “World Piercer’s” attention. The smirk on her face only grows as she gets into a bit of a jaw-jacking competition with the fan, even holding her arms out and seeming to invite some kind of confrontation--when nothing comes of it, though, she just grins even more.

She circles around the ring, taking her sweet time before deciding which side she wants to enter on, swinging herself up onto the apron. She grips the top rope and grins, pulling herself up to her feet, staring out into the crowd for just a moment. She steps through the ropes, moving straight into the center of the ring and stretching her arms out wide, curling both hands in a “bring it” sort of gesture, as the boos only increase. The Merseysider chuckles to herself, shrugging her leather jacket off her shoulders and tossing it out of the ring, moving to her corner and climbing the turnbuckles. She unstraps the belt from around her waist, raising it up with one hand, seeming to beckon the crowd even more with the other.

Zack: It’s damn hard to bet against Gemma Pierce. She has survived some of the stiffest challenges Future Shock has to offer. Same question again, Steph. What’s Gemma gonna need to do and to avoid against Mara to retain the title tonight?

Steph: Don’t get pulled into a striking game. Pierce hits hard certainly, that’s just part of her game but while I don’t believe Mara can outgrapple her, I don’t think Pierce can outhit Werth. Just the way it is. They may play in each other’s backyard, but we know who’s wheelhouse is who’s tonight.

Referee Kevin Fisk checks both women for hidden objects, and unsurprisingly finds none. After taking the title from Gemma, he shows it to Mara and then lifts the Aspire Championship overhead. Kat takes it with her before he calls for the bell. There’s a few seconds where Mara and Gemma look across at one another before they meet in the center and shake hands out of mutual respect. Both of them glance towards Kat, who is carrying the Aspire Championship in her hands. Gemma snaps her head back to Mara first, and grabs her for a belly to belly suplex that puts her on the mat. The powerhouse is quickly back to her feet, grabbing her from behind into a rear waistlock and snapping off a German suplex before rolling through for four more. The challenger tries to get back to her feet before the champion cinches her around the waist again, this time into a gutwrench suplex followed by rained elbows into her back before she can get up again.

Zack: Gemma reminds of T-1000 from the Terminator movies. She’s almost like a cyborg in there, and only has one mission and one goal: wreck and retain!

Steph: Mara beware the holds! The holds Mara... Mara nnnoooooo!!

Pierce pulls her back to her feet, and immediately applies an abdominal stretch in the center of the ring. The referee moves around in front of Mara to check for a submission, but doesn’t get one. Gemma pays it no mind before she uses her free hand to hammer punches into Mara’s ribs. Each shot makes the challenger wince in pain, while Gemma tries to get the most pressure she can from the hold. The referee checks again with Mara, still getting the same answer as before. Gemma hammers in a few more shots before shoving her forward. Before Werth can turn around, she absorbs a kidney punch that freezes her in place before Pierce spins her around into a leg hook Saito suplex.  

Zack: After two matches with her, you can see Gemma is not taking any chances at all with Mara, Steph. It’s just straight ahead punishment with little to no wasted motion.

Steph: She’s really just going to do everything into wearing her down, breaking her piece by piece. She ain’t gotta be fancy about it Zack...And she knows it.

The former inmate tried to push up to all fours before Gemma clasped her hands together to deliver clubbing blows to her back to drive her down again. Mara rolled onto her back when Gemma tried to pull her up again, and used both her feet to send the champion backwards a couple steps. It gave Mara a chance to get to her feet and catch Gemma coming forward with a right hand to the jaw. That stopped Pierce in her tracks, and Mara landed two more before she yanked her forward into a short arm clothesline. One hand pressed to her back for a moment until she saw Gemma starting to rise again, and then caught her with a spinning backfirst. The champion staggered backwards into the ropes until a roaring elbow from Mara sent her through those ropes to the floor. Werth dropped to one knee, one hand pressed against her back in pain.

Steph: I am pretty sure Gemma is going to have a splitting headache in the morning. Mara put everything in that elbow shot but she’s needing to recover a bit after getting herself an opening.

Zack: All that work on Mara’s back took a heavy toll, and Sing Sing’s favorite Prospect needs a couple seconds to try to get some relief.

Gemma hit the floor hard, and was a little slow to get up. When she did, she started back up onto the apron before Mara was there to greet her with a running forearm. It almost sent her back to the floor if Mara hadn’t grabbed her head, and brought her back into the ring with a stalling vertical suplex. It hurt both women though, and Mara sat up with a wince of pain on her face. When she saw the champion trying to sit up, Mara transitioned into a seated triangle choke, trapping both Gemma’s head and arm between her legs as she propped up on her elbows. 

Zack: Mara’s bringing some new moves out of her arsenal tonight, and this right here will sap Gemma’s energy in pretty short order if she doesn’t find a way out sooner than later. 

Steph: There’s a question of what will the Aspire Champion do to get herself free here. I cannot be entirely sure.

The referee checked with Gemma this time, and got the same response as he got from Mara earlier. Gemma took stock of her surroundings, seeing that the ropes were not close by on either side of her and began trying to swing her legs around to the closest set. Mara realized what she was doing, and started sliding closer to the center of the ring. Gemma’s face showed the anguish she felt as she was pulled away, and then grabbed Mara’s foot to try to unlock the grip of her legs. 

Zack: The great thing for Mara with this hold is that she can give her back a little respite while she uses those powerful legs to squeeze Gemma like an anaconda. 

Steph: Even more, it forces Gemma to have to power out of those legs and expend more and more energy either trying to get free or grabbing a rope.

Gemma began to show some of her power as she unlocked Mara’s legs and managed to power her way out. The inmate was impressed and bewildered for a moment until Pierce also showed some flexibility by catching her on top of the head with a kick. The champion rolled away to her feet, moving a little sluggish after the submission. When Mara was back to her feet, Gemma blocked a right hand and returned fire with a heart punch that dropped Werth to her knees. Pierce took off for the far side, and came back with a running high knee to her face to put her down. She pulled her to her feet, and hoisted her into a muscle buster before scooping the leg to make the cover. 

Steph: Muscle Buster and there’s the cover!!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

T-NO!

Mara kicked out in time before the three came down, and Gemma pulled her back to her feet into a front facelock. A barrage of knees landed against her head and body before she whipped her across to the far corner. Mara landed back first before Gemma followed her in. Werth ducked down as Gemma landed on the middle rope instead of hitting the corner. Mara reached under her for a one armed powerbomb to bring her to the mat!

Zack: Gemma stopped herself from hitting the corner, but Mara with a one arm powerbomb! I’ve never seen her use that! 

Steph: Making deep usage of all that power. I’ve seen a few UK wrestlers use that, even tried adapting it myself.

Mara leaned against the ropes to try to get her wind back. It was clear that her back was still bothering her as Gemma was slow to get up. The former inmate grabbed both of her feet and fell backwards to send Gemma into the corner with a catapult. The champion hit the corner and stumbled out before Werth fired her into the ropes, and scooped her up on the rebound into an emerald flowsion. She quickly made the cover with a hook of the outside leg before the referee dropped to count.

Steph: And here with another cover!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THR-NO!

Gemma got her shoulder off the mat in time, and Mara struggled back to her feet. She dragged the champion to her feet, and planted her head between her legs. But Pierce surprised her by standing up and countering into a sunset flip driver. Mara hit the mat hard, and the champion collapsed forward to her hands and knees.

Zack: It’s been every bit as hard hitting as we expected. Mara and Gemma are leaving it all in the ring for the privilege of calling themselves Aspire Champion!

The Aspire Champion took in deep breaths on all fours before she got back to her feet. Mara was slow to do so, but finally got to her feet behind her. Gemma went for a roundhouse, but Mara ducked. But Pierce was using the kick for a feint, and grabbed her head into her single arm underhook DDT finisher! The fans came to their feet as soon as it landed, and Gemma was still taking in deep breaths before she crawled over to make the cover. 

Zack: PIERCE THE EARTH!! Mara ducked too soon, and Gemma’s gonna retain the title!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO.

Werth’s arm came up off the mat at the last second, and Gemma’s jaw dropped. She looked from the referee back to Mara and back to the referee again. The Boston crowd was shocked as the champion, judging by their reaction.

Steph: We have seen that DDT end dreams time and time again...

Gemma started shaking her head, and got back to her feet. She pulled the lifeless Mara up with her, and hooked her head for a second time. When she went to grab her arm, Mara drove her backwards into the corner at a high rate of speed. It knocked the wind out of her, and allowed the challenger to stumble backwards to try to gather herself. It didn’t last long though, because Gemma stormed forward before Mara reached her hand out to apply a Tongan death grip under her chin!

Steph: That is... Unexpected. I’m pretty sure Kaoru Asaka’s family has trademarks on that move. I...Someone tell Mara she needs to speak to the company attorney. In the meantime... WHAT A MANEUVER!!

Zack: That will freeze your soul, and Mara’s got it expertly applied! I think the “World Piercer” is fading right before our eyes!

The fans were getting louder now as Gemma’s body practically seized up with Mara’s grip. She started to bring the champion down to the mat, still frozen before the referee slid into position to make the count. 

Steph: Here’s the pin and this has to be it!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NOO!

Pierce barely managed to get her shoulder up, and clock Mara with the other hand to break the hold. The champion clutched her neck as she got to her knees, only to find Mara was already up and caught her with her shining knee strike to the temple! She dove on top of her again for another cover as the fans were making a tremendous amount of noise.

Zack: WERTHWHILE!! No one gets up from this! New champion!!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO NO NO!!

Gemma’s arm popped up off the mat again, and Mara looked like she lost her best friend. The referee showed her two fingers, causing the challenger to run her hands through her hair as she tried to figure out what to do next. 

Steph: They will not stop. They refuse to stop. They just are going to keep doing this to each other.

The challenger finally made it back to her feet, pacing briefly as she looked down to Gemma. The champion was stirring, and was about to her feet when Mara pulled her head under one arm into a falcon’s arrow. Werth got back to her feet, and rebounded off the near side into a phoenix splash…… but Gemma moved out of the way!

Steph: Gemma just sidestepped....!

Pierce struggled back to her feet, and locked in a Romero special. It suspended Mara in mid air as Pierce held her arms and hooked her legs before she pulled her head down into an upside down dragon sleeper. Gemma’s legs were still extended as she locked in the dragon sleeper, causing Mara to try to grab any ropes she could. But the challenger couldn’t find any. She held on for several seconds before she ultimately tapped.

Zack: What a wicked submission from the World Pierce, she calls it ADMIT DEFEAT! And Mara didn’t have any other choice!

Fisk called for the bell as Gemma dropped her to the mat. Gemma stared up at the lights in the Future Shock Arena before she sat up and had her hand raised in victory.

Kat: Your winner by submission…. AND STILL FFW Future Shock Aspire Champion…..’THE WORLD PIERCER’ GEMMA PIERCE!!!

Steph: That is it. Put a fork in it. God that submission is savagery.

Pierce got back to her feet, and was handed her title. She tossed it over her shoulder, and extended a hand down to help Mara back to her feet. The former jailbird took a moment, and accepted it. 

Zack: Gemma Pierce has done it again, Steph! The World Piercer has picked up one of the most difficult wins of her young career, and you can see the respect she has for Mara!

Steph: And yet she must offer some respect to Mara, who gave her everything she had and more.

Zack: Absolutely right. Gemma knows when she was close to being defeated, and tonight was one of those nights. Nothing but respect between two warriors! Good night from Boston!

Gemma rolled out to the floor, and leaned against the apron a moment to collect herself before heading back up the ramp. She stopped at the top of it, and raised her title aloft to get a show of respect from the fans as Future Shock faded off the air.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: