Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 09:02:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 72

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 72  (Read 152 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: January 19, 2020, 07:02:29 pm »

A lightning bolt strikes the screen, leaving the Future Shock logo. The next thing we see is not the studio where the show usually takes place. Instead it’s inside the ring in the empty Future Shock Arena. There’s two chairs sat up with a table between them and a couple of beverages. On the right hand side is Jake Chandler, and he’s joined on the left by the Future Shock Champion herself.

Jake: Hello, everyone! Welcome to an on location edition of After Shock. We’re here inside the Future Shock Arena, where just last night, the Prospects kicked off 2020 with two title defenses and a big grudge match. And I got the Future Shock Champion joining me, Vivi Robichaud!

Vivi: Jake, thank you so much for having me here. It was a pleasure to watch the Prospects start off 2020 in such spectacular fashion.

Jake: Yeah, we’re gonna get to the next card in a bit. But since you’re here, there’s a few things I thought you might like to share your opinions on currently. Let’s start with those title defenses last night. Had you predicted any title changes going into the show between either the tag titles or the Aspire Championship?

Vivi: Before the show, I would have said that the tag titles were more likely to change hands than the Aspire Championship. And this is not a knock on anyone who competed in those matches, because we’ve seen time and again that the Prospects are an incredibly talented group of women. I felt like the Laurie Jane Experience and the Raging Dragons were somewhat more evenly matched, not only in terms of talent but in how badly they want to hold onto those titles now that they’ve been wrenched from the hands of the Gold Standard. And while Mara herself is a former Aspire Champion, Gemma is the one who took the title from her and if there’s one thing I’ve learned about Gemma from watching her, it’s that she is one of the most stubborn people I’ve ever met. She will do whatever is necessary to remain the Aspire Champion and reach her goal of five defenses, so if anyone else on this roster wants to interfere with that? They are going to have to summon up something truly out of the ordinary.

Jake: Even Gemma said in her promo that is the first time in her career she’s ever had a rubber match as part of a trilogy. Or needed one. I think that tells you what kind of athlete that she is, as well as Mara Werth being the only one to cause it to happen. But that now leaves a vacuum in the Aspire division. All the required rematches are finished, so the question now is who will be the next to step up to take on the “World Piercer” for her title? Either way, congratulations to her and the Raging Dragons on successful retentions. Winning OR keeping a title in Future Shock is not easy at all. I’m sure the Laurie Jane Experience will be back in the hunt though. What did you make of the rematch between Sydney Christensen and Arabella Townshend?

Vivi: For someone with less than a year of wrestling experience under her belt, Arabella Townshend has certainly come into her own during her time in Future Shock. To do what she’s done against Sydney Christensen was impressive for anyone. To give you an idea of just how far back things go, when I first started wrestling in 2014, Sydney was the company’s top champion. I’m not terribly impressed with her attitude at the moment, but I suppose I don’t have much room to talk given how I used to act. This was a big win for Arabella, perhaps even bigger than winning the Nova Championship would be for her. And while I don’t typically enjoy making predictions, I’ll give you one now - one day, Arabella will be a true leader for this and any other locker room that she’s in.

Jake: She’s certainly got the talent for it, I think. Speaking of the Nova Championship, it’s currently vacant. And Arabella sealed the deal for the March 10th Sheffield Showdown when it will be just her and Katie Hanley to decide who will hold it next. Teacher versus student there, and one I’m really looking forward to. How much added pressure do you think Arabella will carry into Sheffield competing in her own country for the Nova title?

Vivi: It’s a huge amount of pressure for her. She competes in England regularly, but it will be her first time as part of the Future Shock roster. There’s a title on the line, a title that Arabella missed out on winning in Sydney back in August. And the match is against the woman who taught her, who also happens to be the former champion. This is a lot to put on the shoulders of a rookie, but I think whether she wins or loses, her match against Katie Hanley will be a contender for Match of the Night. Student versus teacher is always an interesting dynamic to see, and both of them have impressed here in Future Shock since their arrivals. I think if Arabella can keep her nerves in check, we’ll see something truly spectacular that night.

Jake takes a sip of his drink as he listens to Vivi before continuing.

Jake: You mentioned her match in Sydney, which is a great segue considering we’re gonna discuss Jacqui Minogue next. She was also in attendance last night, and talked about how why she wrecked the band equipment of SVW star River Campbell when she was due to perform at the 2nd Impact event. Jacqui is clearly a wrestling purist, and has no time for anything other than on a wrestling show. She took great offense seemingly that there was anything BUT wrestling matches scheduled for 2nd Impact. Now she’s created a little cross-promotion problem with River. What do you think?

Vivi: I mean, obviously we’re here to wrestle, but many of us have talents and careers outside of the ring and I think if River was scheduled to perform with her band, Jacqui had no right to interfere with that. But I know River from my time over in SVW, so I believe that Jacqui should get familiar with her work over there real quick, because if she keeps on with this I’m sure River will want to settle the matter in the ring. And absolutely the worst thing any wrestler can do is underestimate their opponent, especially if they’re judging based on how they spend their time and make their money outside the ring.

Jake: From what I have gathered that match is all but made at this point. The time and date hasn't been set yet, but you’ll hear it when it is. Last thing I want to discuss before we get into the next card is the arrival of Shelbi Lynn Carter. She’s a veteran in every sense, and has come back to wrestling and wants to start anew in Future Shock. She had major success in what used to be Sin City Wrestling, and had a cup of coffee in FFW before she needed to step away to handle some mental issues she was suffering. Now she’s back, and we got to hear from her last night. What do you make of the “Colossal” Shelbi Lynn Carter?

Vivi: I wish Shelbi Lynn all the luck in the world. Future Shock is an excellent place to come back to wrestling - it fosters learning, no matter your experience level. It helped me immensely when I needed it, and I have no doubt that the success I’ve enjoyed in every promotion I’ve worked for has been due in large part to the work that I put in here. I think she’s going to be an interesting competitor and I look forward to seeing what she can do.

Jake: You won’t have to wait long, because that brings us to January 28th when the Prospects return here to the Future Shock Arena in Boston for the next show. The road continues towards Sheffield on March 10th, and one of the matches on the card will feature the debut of Shelbi Lynn Carter against ashley Slayton. We saw Ashley last in her debut against Jamie Winters, and now she’s getting a major step up in experience facing the “Colossal” Shelbi on the 28th.

Vivi: That’s the beauty of Future Shock, isn’t it? You have to be ready for anything, regardless of your experience level. Ashley Slayton will have a tough test here, and I’m hopeful that Shelbi Lynn won’t write off her opponent just because of her rookie status. If Shelbi does that, she’ll be in trouble - just like Ashley will be if she gets overawed and allows her nerves to get the best of her while facing off against a veteran like Shelbi. I think despite her not having been in a ring in a while, this one will go to Shelbi, but Ashley may surprise us yet.

Jake: We’ll also see Cassie Mason back in the ring. The “Life of the Party” is going to have her work cut out for her against what I assume will be a very angry Sydney Christensen. Last we saw Cassie, she was handling some business with Cait Flanagan. And much like Ashley in the match we just discussed, she’s really stepping into the deep waters against Sydney, especially when you consider the mood she’s likely in right now.

Vivi: It’ll be good to see Cassie in a ring again. I’ve enjoyed what I’ve seen from the “Life of the Party” and I’m glad that she’s finding her stride here in Future Shock. Cait is a rookie, sure, but she’s a crafty one, and you cannot deny the influence of Kyle Kilmeade in these matters. So it was good to see her win the trilogy against Miss Flanagan. But considering her opponent, I think it may be prudent to have a neck brace waiting for Cassie, just in case Sydney’s anger gets out of control again, as it did against Katie Hanley and Arabella Townshend. Sure, both of them ultimately prevailed against Sydney, but I would hate to see Cassie’s career cut short because Sydney couldn’t rein in her temper for the duration of a match. Hard to call, but I know Cassie has what it takes to go toe to toe with Sydney and it will be a great match to watch.

Jake: That brings us to the main event, which we’ll get to in a moment. I did want to bring up the fact that Adam has given you a very unique opportunity that we learned about on the show. He’s going to allow you to select your first challenger for the Future Shock Championship in Sheffield, which he’s never done before. I gave him a call earlier before we recorded, and asked about why he did it. And what he told me was that because you had so many detractors who didn’t believe you should even be challenging for that title last year, he felt it was only fair that you get the chance to pay it forward and give someone else who you thought deserved such an opportunity the same way he did when it came to you.

Vivi: Yes, that’s correct. And I appreciate him giving me the opportunity to choose my challenger for this match, because as it stands I have no number one contender. With Cassandra having moved up to the main roster, there’s a bit of a vacuum here, as there is for the Aspire Championship. I will be announcing my choice at the show on the 28th, and I assure you, it was not an easy decision. There are many women here who are deserving of an opportunity to challenge for the Future Shock Championship and I can only hope that in my time as champion I have the chance to face them all. But since I was told a gauntlet match is not feasible for this event, I had to settle on one.

Jake: Well maybe next time. But let’s talk about this main event, put together by Executive Assistant Brianna Singer. She said that since all the other champions are competing, it was only fair to have the Future Shock Champion do the same. So she put together a tag match with you and “Li’l Pixie Pump” Nora Harris to take on the Doomsday Sisters on the 28th! I get the sense you think pretty highly of Nora from what I’ve seen, and it seems reciprocal. Tell us all about your thoughts here, please.

Vivi: Miss Singer is right. And I’m glad that I don’t have to wait until March to be in a Future Shock ring again. I do think very highly of Nora - I followed her career in SAP and she’s gotten plenty of attention and momentum here as well. She’s immensely talented and a star in her own right. I’m excited to be teaming up with her against the Doomsday Sisters, and I think the Australian duo are going to find us quite the challenge on the 28th, despite the fact that we haven’t teamed together before. Nora is a spectacular competitor though - she has fabulous work ethic and she and I share similar views, so I don’t think team chemistry is going to be an issue for us.

Jake: Plus it’s not as though either of you are unfamiliar with facing bigger opponents. Almost every opponent Nora faces is bigger, and we’ve seen you hold your own well against taller and more powerful opponents too, like Rebecka Hate in SVW, for example. I bring that up because I don’t think the Sisters should be expecting any kind of size intimidation from you or Nora.

Vivi: I was trained by a man almost a foot taller than me and more than twice my weight. If you want to last in this business, you learn how to adapt, and both Nora and I have done that. So if the Doomsday Sisters haven’t learned the lesson yet, L’il Pixie Pump and I will be happy to remind them that size isn’t everything - and if you have to keep bragging about it, it’s likely that you don’t know how to use it properly and you think it’s the only thing you need in order to get what you want. All that tells me is that they’re going to struggle against opponents who are smaller and faster than they are, and Nora and I both fit that bill. So I suggest they find some other reason why they think that they’re going to win this match.

Jake: It’s all happening January 28th on Future Shock. A little bit of everything. I also happen to know we’ll be meeting another new addition to the roster. Most recently seen a few months back in SVW, Leighana is on her way to the world of the Prospects. She’s a cousin to the McFarlane clan, including Carys who is also on this roster. We’ll be hearing from her and finding out what brought her here instead of returning to SVW as she was next show.

Vivi: Well let me be among the first to welcome Leighana to the Future Shock roster. The McFarlane clan are some of the finest wrestlers on both the FFW and SVW rosters, and their accomplishments speak for themselves. I look forward to seeing what Leighana will do here, especially alongside her cousin Carys. The show on the 28th is definitely a must-see!

Jake: I want to thank the Future Shock Champion Vivi Robichaud for joining me, and we’ll see you right back here on the 28th at the Future Shock Arena in Boston for the next episode as we head towards Sheffield! Thanks for watching.

Jake shakes hands with the champion as the show fades to black.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: