Femme Fatale Wrestling
April 19, 2024, 09:27:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

FFW Future Shock - Episode 72

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFW Future Shock - Episode 72  (Read 252 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: January 28, 2020, 02:34:41 pm »

Live from the Future Shock Arena in Boston, Massachusetts
January 28, 2020

A FFW logo is shown stuck on a travel bag as it’s being pulled through the airport. “Leave It All Behind” by Sleeping with Sirens can be heard playing over it. The bag belongs to Arabella Townshend as she heads towards her gate before she gets stopped by a mother and her daughter for an autograph. As she leans down to take a selfie with the little girl, one of the monitors hanging is showing clips from Future Shock.

When you look at my life, tell me what do you see?
I’m only human, so don’t expect too much from me.
I lost my faith, what have I become?
I don't think I can be safe from what I'm running for

The clips feature: Mara Werth getting to her feet and having her hand raised after a match, Nora Harris coming off the top of a cage with an elbow drop, Anna and Luna Cortez bumping fists and heading towards the ring, Su Wakuda reaching for a tag from Jennifer Song, and Gemma Pierce looking at her reflection as it changes from red hair to black, and Andi Takata nailing her rolling cutter!.

Will you remember me
If I were to fall into the sky?
And what will they think of me
If I leave it all behind?
When I leave it all behind?

Arabella continues through the airport, and takes a seat in her terminal. She checks her cell phone to see her itinerary, and gets tapped on the shoulder by another fan who wants a hug. This puts a grin on her face as she returns it, and they show her videos on their phone of her and several of the Prospects.

Would you be so surprised if I gave up tonight?
I'm barely breathing, I wanna kill the pain I feel inside
But I won't quit for the people I love
So I'll say I'm fine until the day I fucking see the light

The clips show: Cait Flanagan coming to the ring and throwing money over her shoulder, Alessandra and Nadia sitting on adjacent turnbuckles and flashing a smile to one another, Sydney Christensen delivering a tombstone piledriver, the Stone Sisters greeting the ringside fans as they head towards the ring, and Laurie ignoring Jane as she speaks with Sara backstage.

If you feel like you are nothing
If you feel like letting go
I'll be your hope when you are hopeless
Together, we are not alone
You're not alone

The doors open as Arabella heads through the gate to board her flight. And as the door with the Future Shock lightning logo seals shut behind her, we go live inside the arena to a roaring crowd. The camera pans the interior with a new stage design, and spotlights flooding the crowd as they see themselves on the video wall. We then cu ringside with Zack...and a new co-host!

Zack: For the 72nd time since the reboot, welcome to Boston, Massachusetts, the home of the future of FFW. You’re watching Future Shock, and have chosen a great night to join us as there’s plenty to talk about. First up, allow me to welcome my new broadcast partner and Future Shock alumni and one half of KO/TO… Claire Black!

Claire: Hi Zack! It’s great to be here tonight to help call this show and give a little bit of insight into the action. I don’t think I could have picked a better show than tonight to make my debut.

Zack: Tonight’s show will feature a tag team main event, Claire. And I know tag team wrestling is something near and dear to you. The Doomsday Sisters look to make a huge statement against “Li’l Pixie Pump” Nora Harris and the reigning Future Shock Champion Vivi Robichaud. Plus Vivi has until the show is over to decide who she wants her first defense to be against for the Future Shock Championship in Sheffield. Who do you think she’s going to pick?

Claire: I think Vivi’s got a really tough decision to make and there are a number of ways that she could go. She could pick someone who maybe at the moment isn’t in the conversation but has a lot of potential and has been in the Aspire hunt, like Mars Whimsey. Or maybe give a competitor like Katie Hanley a huge opportunity.  Though we shouldn’t overlook the likes of Stacey Sky or Jacqui Minogue after they made statement wins over Andi and Harley respectively.

Zack: We’re gonna hear from the Director himself tonight. Adam spent the entirety of our last broadcast in a high level meeting with the owner of this company. And he told me earlier today that’s he gonna share some news that will prove to be the next evolution of Future Shock. I don’t know what that is, but I’m looking forward to finding out.

Claire: Same here Zack. Future Shock has been hugely successful since the reboot and has provided a conveyor belt of talent to the main roster. So it’s going to be very exciting to find out what comes next.

Zack: A very pissed off and angry Sydney Christensen returns to action tonight after coming up short against Arabella on our last show. She’ll be meeting Cassie Mason one on one, and looks to be a buzzkill for the “Life of the Party” tonight.

Claire: Cassie has her work cut out for her. Sydney Christensen has displayed a very vicious and violent streak in recent weeks and I’m sure she’ll be looking to be more than a buzzkill - after all she’s tried to shorten careers by dropping people on their heads lately.

Zack: We met her on the last show, and tonight it’ll be a “Colossal” debut on Future Shock as Shelbi Lynn Carter steps into a ring for the first time in over 5 years to meet newcomer Ashley Slayton one on one.

Claire: I’m sure Shelbi has butterflies right now as she prepares to get ready to step into the ring but they’ll all disappear when the bell rings and the adrenaline takes over. In Ashley though, she’s got quite the welcome wagon. Slayton is a real prospect who I’m sure will want to get the year off to a good start.

Zack: If all that wasn’t enough, tonight we begin our auditions for Future Shock’s next ring announcer. Tonight, a young woman by the name of Gia Lynne will be getting her shot at the job. And she is after this job. I saw her backstage hours before we came on the air, and she’s certainly been trying to make herself invaluable to the staff.

Claire: A new year, a new decade and it’s all change in Future Shock. Gia gets her chance to show what she can bring to the table tonight and good luck to her!

Zack: All that and no telling what else is on tap. So let’s get this show rolling and send it up to Gia for our opening match on Future Shock!

The camera focuses on the lovely Gia in the ring, who gets a few wolf whistles from the crowd which bring a grin to her face. In her little black dress, she begins.

Gia: Hello, Boston! My name is Gia Lynne, and the opening contest of Future Shock is scheduled for one fall to a finish.

Suddenly the lights in the arena fade to a low purple as the opening riffs of Royal Blood's "Out of the Black" begin to thrum throughout the arena as a spotlight hits the entrance way.

How did it feel when it came alive and took you
Out of the black
It broke your skin and shift through
Every part of me, every part of you

A tall, blonde bombshell steps out onto the entrance way with a sly little smile on her face like she is the only one privy to the greatest joke in the world before she tosses her long, blonde hair over her right shoulder and starts to walk down to the ring, occasionally giving fans a high five as she goes.

Gia:  She weighs in tonight at one hundred and fifty five pounds, from Houston Texas but she fights out of Royal Kunia Hawaii!! This is the Heir Apparent to the Iron Throne of the Slayton Dynasty...

You made a fool out of me
And took the skin off my back running
So don't breathe when I talk
'Cause your hand, it's broke in two

I got a gun for my mouth and a bullet with your name on it
But a trigger full of heartbeat pulling from an empty pocket

Gia:  Ashley...SLAYTON!!!

Ashley then hops up onto the ring apron and then goes to step between the middle ropes, giving the fans at ringside a good shot at her ass. Then the camera switches to a view of her face as she rolls her eyes before she continues to step through the ring ropes and strutting to the center of the ring, throwing her arms out as she soaks in the cheers.

Zack: This will be Ashley’s second match since arriving in Future Shock. Her first outing against Jamie Winters did not pan out like she hoped. She’ll try to reverse her fortune, but against a far more experienced adversary.

Claire: You’re right Zack, but there were flashes of potential there. So long as she doesn’t let herself get bogged down by the weight of expectation, I’m sure she’ll bring it all together and will experience plenty of success. Tonight could be that first step, now that she’s had her first taste of action and knows what to expect.

The lights in the arena dim slowly. “Colossal” by Wolfmother plays over the speakers, filling the arena with heavy guitar, drums, and bass. The word Colossal sprawls across the screen in large, crumbling, 3D letters with the roots of a tree crumbling them slowly over time.

I saw the colossal landscape
Of which I never was a part
It was a magical day
Of which I’d never seen before

The lights in the arena start to flash green while mist starts to rise on the entrance ramp. The dense mist slowly travels down the ramp, lit from below with white light that matches the beat of the music.

The first time I saw colossal girl

A figure slowly starts to emerge from behind the fog, a silhouette that pauses just in time to be obscured to the cameras. They slowly raise their arms up from their sides up into the air, lit from behind.

Such glowing mountains before us
Pillars of life all fade away
Of all the things I need to say girl
All of these words are in my way

Out from behind the fog, the figure moves forward again with a spotlight on her, her fire red hair is the first thing to catch the light. The music becomes ominous as “Colossal” Shelbi Lynn Carter runs out energetically and the crowd pops. Wearing a leather jacket over her wrestling gear, she’s a spectacle to behold, feeding off the energy of the crowd.

Well, she's running to the hills again
Can you tell me if she'll ever return?
She must be mother nature's child
'Cause she's runnin' to the call of the wild
She's talkin' to the trees again
Tellin' me that she's one of them
Lookin' at the bird in the tree
Though she's never gonna notice me, no

Gia: Entering the ring, weighing in at One-hundred twenty pounds and fighting out of New Bedford, MA, she is the “Colossal” Shellllbiiiiiii Lyyyyyyynnnnn Caaaaaarteeeeer!

Shelbi points out into the crowd and lets out a primal scream before running down the entrance ramp and sliding into the ring. She jumps up onto her feet quickly, looking up to the rafters and pointing at the ceiling, closing her eyes and breathing in deep. Bringing her arms down to her side quickly, pyro erupts from the corner posts.

Oh is my love a confession
Will I just put it back today?
If I had a love to give you
Would you still throw it all away?

The music fades down as Shelbi removes her leather jacket, throwing it to the corner of the ring before stretching in her respective corner, waiting for the match to start.

Zack: Shelbi Lynn Carter isn’t lacking for enthusiasm, is she? It’s been over half a decade since SLC was in a wrestling ring. Training and sparring are great, but they are no substitute for actually being in a match.

Claire: No, you can get yourself in prime condition in the gym but there’s nothing like the intensity of being in there. Like Tyson said, everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face.

Gia leaves the ring as Melinda Davis makes sure neither opponent has any hidden weapons. As soon as the bell sounds, they both head for the center and Ashley offers a handshake. Shelbi accepts and returns it with a smile before the two lock up in the center. Slayton starts off with a top wristlock, causing Carter to lean over to alleviate the pressure. She twists it a bit more, bringing Shelbi down to a knee before transitioning into a hammerlock. Carter rises back as the rookie keeps the pressure applied, and then turns it into a standing side headlock. Shelbi tries to push her off into the ropes but Ashely doesn’t go for it.

Zack: Ashley’s starting off with some chain wrestling here. Shelbi’s probably got a lot of energy built up, and Slayton’s trying to keep the pace calm.

Claire: It’s smart strategy from Ashley, control the match, take some of the starch out of Carter on her return and on top of that she’s setting a good foundation that can be built on here.

Once again, Shelbi tries to shove her off and gets the same lack of response as Ashley tries to grind the side headlock in a little tighter. Ultimately the veteran counters out of it by picking her up into a big atomic drop that propels Ashley into the nearest corner. The blonde barely has time to turn around before Shelbi rushes her with  corner dropkick to the chest. She quickly gets back to her feet, and starts unloading with left and right hand combinations to the body. Each shot lands flush before she winds up one big right…. For an uppercut right to her stomach that lifts Slayton off her feet for a second.

Zack: Look at that hand speed, and a gut busting uppercut just lifted Ashley off the ground for a half second!

Claire: That was a joy to behold Zack and excellent technique too. That’s a huge warning to Ashley to not get caught in a corner...she’d be best off making use of the whole ring.

Carter grabbed her by the arm, and jerked her forward into a knee strike to the body that nearly folded her up again. But the veteran hoisted her onto her shoulders, and took off towards the center of the ring with a running Samoan drop. Shelbi rolled back to her feet, and took off towards the ropes. She rebounded with a phoenix splash before hooking the outside leg for the cover as Davis dropped down to count.

Claire: Shelbi follows up those impressive rights and lefts with one heck of a show of agility!! She may have this one already!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The rookie kicked out at two, and Shelbi pulled her back to her feet. She landed a few forearms to the side of her head, and then fired her into the far corner. Ashley hit chest first before Carter ran behind her to connect with a backstabber.

Zack: I thought Shelbi might have lost a step since her long layoff, but I think she might have picked up a couple instead.

Slayton got back to her feet, only to have her arm grabbed before Shelbi executed a pumphandle suplex to bring her back to the mat. The newcomer barely had time to respond before she was pulled to her feet by a rear waistlock, and sent flying with an overhead German suplex. The Boston crowd was getting more and more behind the returning veteran as she dragged Ashley to her feet, and fired her into the corner again. She charged in after her, but the blonde got her boot up and caught her across the jaw instead.

Zack: Deft timing there from Ashley, because Shelbi was starting to build up some big time momentum. A boot in the mouth will cure that every time.

It sent the veteran stumbling before Ashley charged out of the corner with a sling blade clothesline. It gave her a chance to catch her breath as she pulled SLC back to her feet into a front facelock. A series of knee lifts in her head and body followed that until Ashley hoisted her upside down in what looked like a stalling vertical suplex, but turned out to be a brainbuster. Carter was a little slow making it to her feet before Ashley kicked her in the abdomen and snatched her up into a butterfly suplex. She quickly went for the cover with a hook of the outside leg.

Claire: She weathered the storm and Ashley has forced her way back into this contest and then some! That was a beautiful butterfly suplex - anyone who wants to be a professional wrestler, should take notes.

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

T-NOPE.

Carter kicked out as soon as the two hit the mat, and Ashley tried to keep the pressure applied by driving knees into her ribs for a couple seconds. She pulled the veteran back to her feet, and executed a gutwrench suplex.

Zack: Ashley’s doing everything she can to smother Shelbi, and it’s working like a charm at the moment. Slayton has impressive technical skills for someone of her experience level.

The rookie stepped onto the back of Shelbi’s knees, and grabbed her arms before she fell backwards into a seated surfboard submission. The pain was quickly visible on Carter’s face as Ashley had the hold locked in very well, causing the referee to move around in front of the veteran to see if she wanted to give up. Shelbi shook her head, but it was clear just how much pain she was suffering as Ashley leaned back to stretch her a little more.

Zack: My hats off to Ashley, who came into tonight with an excellent gameplan. She’s managed to slow this match right back down, and is looking to make Shebli cry “uncle” now.

Claire: This might be her best strategy, after all Shelbi can’t use any of the explosive offence that she’s demonstrated during this match when she’s all tied up.

Davis checked again with the returning veteran, and still got the same response. Many of the crowd began chanting Shelbi’s initials as she was stuck in the hold. Slayton leaned back a little further, contorting Carter’s body even more but still not getting a submission. The newcomer transitioned to her back, and fully extended her arms and legs into another version of the surfboard submission. Shelbi shouted in pain as she was elevated overhead as a result now with Ashley’s arms and legs locked under her.

Zack: From a seated to a laying surfboard, Ashley is torturing Shelbi’s back here. There’s no counter that I’m aware of for this, but sooner or later, your arms and legs may start losing strength the longer Ashley keeps this applied.

Claire: You’re right Zack… the only question is how long can Slayton hold her opponent up like that? It’s 120lb being held above her in an unnatural position.

Davis checked once again, and Shelbi still refused to give up. After a few seconds, Ashley’s limbs began to shake a little and she let Carter collapse to the mat. Slayton got back to her feet, and went to grab the veteran as she rose to her feet. But Shelbi surprised her with a jawbreaker as she got close, sending the rookie backwards a couple steps holding her mouth. Shelbi darted past her with a running cutter, but she didn’t follow up very quickly as her back was still in pain after Ashley’s earlier offense.

Claire: Veteran instincts from Carter but we can see just how much damage Slayton inflicted with those submission holds right there. She’s put a huge bullseye on her opponent’s back for the rest of this contest.

Zack: That cutter from Shelbi reminded me of Andi Takata, but she has to make a cover or do something. The longer she recovers, so does her opponent.

Carter rolled to her stomach, and started crawling towards her opponent. She finally made it, and tightly hooked the outside leg as she rolled over to make the cover. Davis immediately slid into position to make the count.

Claire: There’s the cover!!!! But it might have taken her a little too long.

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEE-NOPE.

The blonde kicked out before the three came down, and Carter rolled off the cover and came to sit against the bottom rope for a moment. She was still having trouble with her back before she pulled herself to her feet.

Zack: Every move Shelbi makes, her back hurts. And that’s thanks to an excellent strategy employed by Ashley for tonight. She deserves a lot of credit.

Ashley stirred on the mat, trying to get her bearings as Shelbi moved towards her from behind. The blonde was about to get up when a stiff front kick to the spine stopped her in her tracks. Two more landed against the rookie’s spine before Shelbi dragged her back to her feet and over her shoulders again. The veteran connected with a Death Valley driver, planting Slayton on the mat before Shelbi headed for the corner to make her way to the top rope.

Zack: Being on the top rope is a dangerous gambit when your back is bothering you as much as Shelbi’s is right now, but she may be hoping to close the show right here!

Claire: And I’m certain the DVD didn’t help her spine feel any better at all. Shelbi’s going high risk here but she probably thinks it’s worth it to end this match quickly.

Carter launched herself off the top rope with a frog splash, but Ashley brought her knees up and doubled her over in pain on impact. Shelbi clutched her ribs and writhed on the mat, while Ashley tried to recover as quickly as possible. The blonde finally sat up, and then made it to her feet. Shelbi was almost in a fetal position when Slayton dragged her up to her feet, and connected with a gutbuster across her knee. She quickly went for the cover with a hook of the leg.

Zack: This may be over right here! Slayton’s three seconds from putting Shelbi Lynn out of commission for the rest of the night!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO.

Carter barely got her arm up in time before the three came down, and Ashley nodded her head and rose back to her feet. She looked down at Shelbi for a moment, and then pulled her to her feet and into position for her hammerlock DDT.

Claire: THE ROYAL KILL!!!! Ashley’s setting up Carter for the kill! If she lands it then it’s an unhappy return for Shelbi Lynn Carter!!

As Ashley was about to hit her finisher, Shelbi drove her backwards into the corner. It knocked the wind out of her before Carter scooped her up with a grimace of pain on her face. She wasted no time in connecting with her burning hammer! Ashley bounced off the mat before Carter dragged her away from the ropes and went for the cover.

Zack: There’s the LIGHTS OUT HAMMER!! I don’t think anyone is gonna get up from that!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Davis called for the bell as Shelbi rolled off the cover. She clutched one hand against her ribs as she made it to her feet, and then had her hand raised by the referee.

Claire: That Lights Out Hammer is absolutely devastating! Shelbi’s going to win a lot of matches that way.

Gia: Your winner by pinfall…………… ‘COLOSSAL’ SHELBI LYNN CARTER!!!

Zack: Colossal is right! After a very long hiatus from the ring, it’s clear to me that Shelbi Lynn Carther is just as good…. If not better….. Than she ever was! But no flies on Ashley, who came with a tremendous attack strategy tonight!

Claire: Just like in her debut, Ashley showed a great deal of potential and promise. It was one mistake - a second too long in delivering the Royal Kill proved costly for her tonight.

Shelbi listened to the very big response she was getting from the crowd, which formed a smile on her face. She ducked out to the floor, and started trying to rally them until her arm movements caused her ribs to hurt more.

Claire: The crowd love Carter and she’s showing them some love back, but you can see exactly how much damage Ashley’s done to her in that match. She’s definitely going to need a couple of ice packs and some rest after that hard fought contest.

The veteran headed towards the back, giving Ashley a nod of respect in the process. The show then cuts to a video featuring Arabella Townshend.

The Road to Sheffield

We find Arabella Townshend sitting across from a monitor as a voice from off camera speaks to her.

Voice: We’re gonna show you a few recent events, and I’d like to hear your thoughts on each of them, if you don’t mind.

Arabella: Sure, all right. Let’s see what you’ve got for me.

The clips begin from there.

Courtesy of Future Shock Sydney Supershow - August 27, 2019

Arabella and Katie looked to each other and down to the Jacqui again. The referee told them again the match was continuing. As they did this, Jacqui managed to catch them both a low blow to drop them to their knees in pain. Minogue clawed towards the ropes, practically spent as she used them to help her get back to a vertical base.

Zack: I gotta hand it to Jacqui, and I don’t mean for the low blows. The fact that woman is still scratching and clawing and trying to fight, that’s extremely impressive to me, Mara!

Mara: This is the motivation that fighting for a title will give you Zack. You’ll keep on scratching and clawing till you’re body simply can’t give anymore.

Arabella struggled to get to her feet first, and Jacqui scooped her up onto her shoulders for her one handed electric chair driver. But before she could execute it, Katie surprised her with her hopping superkick! Arabella and Jacqui hit the mat before Katie made the cover on Jacqui with a leg hook!

Zack: She was going for her finisher, but Katie...outta nowhere...hit the ONE KICK TO DROP THEM ALL!!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Pruitt called for the bell to a ROAR from the crowd. Katie sat up on her knees, taking in big gulps of air before a smile could be seen as she had her hand raised.

Mara: Listen to this crowd, Zack!!! They’ve just taken the roof off the Qudos Bank Arena!!!!

Gaby: Here is your winner…. AND THE FIRST EVER FUTURE SHOCK  NOVA CHAMPION……. KATIE HANLEY!!!!!

Zack: Would you look at that?! The Kiwi That Could has made Future Shock history! The smallest woman in the match, but she had the biggest heart tonight!

~ ~ ~

Arabella: Well… at least it wasn’t me who got pinned? In all seriousness though, what a moment for Katie! It was an honor just being in that match, having the opportunity to contend for the Nova Championship and to possibly be the first one ever. I’m of course disappointed that I lost the match, but Katie fought hard for that moment and I was - and am - exceptionally proud of her.

The next clip begins as she finishes.

Courtesy of Future Shock Nemesis - October 22, 2019

Sydney got her shoulder up, and barely managed to shove Katie off her in time. The champion rolled back to her feet as Sydney crawled towards the ropes. When the challenger got there and pulled herself to her feet, Katie took off for the far side and went for a lungblower, but Sydney caught her in midair. Hanley’s eyes widened before the challenger launched her over the top rope into the barricade on the outside, where she landed upside down.

Missy: Holy! That… that is not good. That impact is going to have knocked the wind out of Katie at the VERY least!

Sydney dropped to a knee to try to collect herself as the referee immediately rolled to the outside to check on Katie. The champion’s feet were over her head as her body was propped upside down against the retaining wall. The official looked towards the back, and started waving for assistance.

~ ~ ~

The young British wrestler winces at the clip.

Arabella: This was terrifying. Sydney should have been far more careful when she threw Katie, and that landing… well. It’s lucky that Katie’s career didn’t end right then and there in Montreal. If I’m remembering correctly, not long after this is when I came out to check on Katie. I’m no medical professional so I don’t know how much use I would have actually been in the situation, but I knew that I needed to protect my friend.

Voice: You’re right, that was just a few moments before you arrived. Two more.

Then the next clip starts.

Courtesy of Future Shock 2nd Impact - November 19, 2019

Zack: It’s gonna be a bad case of SCARLETT RAIN for Arabella!!

Scarlett sailed through the air, and came down with massive impact when she landed….on the mat! Arabella was jerked out of the ring by Sydney, who yanked her to the floor and mounted her to hammer fists into her face. The referee called for the bell immediately as Scarlett clutched her elbow in pain.

Missy: What the hell?! Sydney is playing with fire winding Arabella up like this I think.

Gaby: Your winner by disqualification……. ARABELLA TOWNSHEND!!!

The fans booed as Sydney took liberties with Arabella, hammering her with more right hands before she pulled her up and fired her into the steps. Townshend crashed into them before Sydney followed her in with a knee to the back of her head.

Zack: Sydney is fresh as a daisy, Arabella is anything but! And look at her trying to take Arabella out!

~ ~ ~

Arabella: I’m still annoyed about this. I was having a perfectly excellent match, against the woman who’s now the Evolution Champion in FFW. I was taking full advantage of having the opportunity to show off my skills against one of the top women on the main roster, only to have it literally jerked away from me because Sydney couldn’t keep her bloody hands to herself in a match that didn’t concern her in the slightest. Sure, I got the win, but only because someone else decided to get involved because she wanted to ruin my moment. I hope one day I get the opportunity to face Scarlett again, this time without some angry numpty sticking her nose where it doesn’t belong.

Voice: Would you like to be part of the next Impact special coming up in April?

Arabella: I would, yes.

Voice: One more.

The last clip begins.

Courtesy of FFW Future Shock - January 14, 2020

Arabella pulled her adversary up, and planted her head between her legs. The fans came to their feet as she nodded her head.

Zack: Yep, I know that look!

The brunette scooped her up into a spinning sitout powerbomb that bounced Sydney off the canvas on impact. Arabella rolled through with both legs hooked tightly before the referee dropped to make the count.

Zack: HELLO BOMBSHELLE!!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Fisk called for the bell as the fans in the Future Shock Arena erupted with cheers. Arabella got back to her feet slowly, and had her hand raised in victory.

Lilly: This was an all out fight and Arabella put her own exclamation point right at the end with her absolutely devastating Hello Bombshelle powerbomb!! She’ll be happy to have some measure of revenge tonight.

Kat: Your winner by pinfall…………………..ARABELLA TOWNSHEND!!!

For the first time since the bell rang, a smile formed on Arabella’s face as she climbed the turnbuckle and raised her hands again The crowd ate it up as she leaned down to the camera to tell everyone she was coming to get the Nova title next.

~ ~ ~

Voice: How did that feel?

Arabella: That was… amazing. After all Sydney’s put me through over the last few months, and knowing that going into the match we were tied for number of wins against the other, walking out with such a decisive victory felt incredible. And it also meant that I kept Sydney and her antics out of the Nova title match in Sheffield. If Sydney wants a title opportunity, she’ll have to earn it the old fashioned way, just like the rest of us.

Voice: Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Arabella.

The shot changes to the match graphic to crown the vacant Nova Championship March 10th in Sheffield.

The Next Evolution

The show returns from the break back to the ring, but it’s not the guest ring announcer standing inside it. This time, it’s the Director of Future Shock Adam Grant. The newly adopted hometown of Director gives him a warm reception as Gia hands him a microphone.

Adam: In November of 2010, a man by the name of Cody Kincaid had an idea. He wanted to try something new, a combination of wrestling and a variety show. He pitched this idea to the owner of FFW, Samantha Star. She wasn’t sold on it, and gave him a very small budget to see if it would gain any traction. He called it Future Shock, and it hosted challenges between a group of women during each season with the hopes of getting into FFW. It was aired on our website. And while he went into it not sure if it’d ever get greenlit for a second season, he and Samantha came away with one impression as far as attention went. It blew up. More and more people started watching this little show on our site, and more and more money was spent to develop it until finally it got its own championship. Then ESPN wanted to air it. FFW knew it had a tiger by the tail.

Zack: He’s not wrong about that, Claire. What started as a one season trial turned into 21 seasons with loads of talented women coming through it, including yourself.

Claire: Yes. I’m very proud to be a Future Shock alumnus and it was a very interesting and unique experience. Those challenges that were set really tested every quality that you’d look for in a wrestler too.

Adam: In May of 2016, Future Shock… evolved. It evolved into the format you know today, the developmental arm of FFW. It wasn’t a seasonal show anymore. It was a persistent show with a full roster that aired without fail. It became less variety and more focused on what FFW wants: some of the best female talent available in this industry. On top of that with Cody stepping away, Samantha Star wanted to put someone else in charge of the show: me. She wanted me to lead the show with the vision I had for it, and now almost a decade since that first show back in November of 2010… look where we are.

This was getting plenty of applause from the Boston crowd.

Adam: FFW bought and remodeled this arena just for Future Shock’s own use.  We have four championships now: the Future Shock Championship, Aspire, Nova and the tag titles. And we have the biggest audience we’ve ever enjoyed too, both here and around the world. And as much as Cody or I would like to be able to say we made it happen, neither one of us feels that way. This all came about through the blood, sweat, and tears of every woman who ever laced up a pair of boots to come out here to compete. Past, present, and future, it’s always… ALWAYS been about them. And it always will be. Those women backstage tonight, just like every single one who was there at one point or another in the past, are the lifeblood of Future Shock and the next generation of FFW stars. On the last show, I was in an impromptu meeting with Samantha Star almost the entire night as we discussed this show.

Claire: The girls just keep on raising the bar too Zack - as we’ve seen on both Impact specials and it seems only right that Samantha has been paying more and more attention to what has been happening on Tuesday nights.

Zack: How could she not? Future Shock is as important to FFW as the main roster, because it’s been providing new talent for it for years.

Adam: At that meeting, she and I came to a very real conclusion. Future Shock has evolved. Again. With shows like the Impact specials proving that this roster can hang with the women of FFW on any given day… with this roster touring the world each year with new stops seemingly every year…. With veterans who CHOOSE to come here first before FFW to both improve their own skills and pass on wisdom to those who are just starting…. With women from other promotions who WANT to come see and feel what this is about for themselves…  Future Shock has evolved again, and all the women who make this roster what it has become made that possible. So what Samantha Star and I realized was that Future Shock isn’t the developmental system for FFW it was long considered to be. It’s more than that.

Claire: We’ve seen evidence of that already tonight in the form of Shelbi Lynn Carter. And of course there’s Sydney Christensen and Vivi still to come and we can’t forget the likes of Carys McFarlane. There are some companies who would kill for that level of talent.

Zack: It’s definitely become a melting pot of veterans and newcomers all together building not only their own resumes further but also this brand.

Adam: It’s not a group of women brand new to this business and looking to hone their skills. It’s more than that. It’s not just veterans looking to expand their horizons and see what the next wave looks like. It’s more than that. It’s not just developmental anymore. And we’re not gonna call it that ever again. Future Shock isn’t the developmental system to FFW, it’s the GATEWAY to FFW. It’s where newcomers and established stars come to compete, to test themselves, to better themselves, and to leave all this a little better than it was before they arrived.

Claire: Adam is absolutely spot on. As I said earlier, the girls in the back keep on raising the bar; keep on getting better and better, pushing each other to be the very best they can be.

Zack: Adam may have missed his calling as a motivational speaker. I’m about ready to see if he has a used car for sale. I’m on board with everything I’m hearing.

Adam: The Prospect roster broke through a glass ceiling none of us really knew was there. They proved that they have always been some of the best in the world at what they do, and they don’t play runner up to anyone. Our Impact specials PROVED that, and I knew it a long time ago. Effective immediately, there’s no more graduation to FFW. Because this isn’t a training school, this is a gateway. We’re not gonna advertise someone as a graduate, because when the time comes, they will show up in FFW and make their own mark. And I’m not going to tell you when they do, you’ll just be watching Breaking Point, Velocity or a FFW event..and all of a sudden, someone’s gonna show up that you weren’t expecting. Why? Because Future Shock ISN’T FFW’s developmental roster… it’s FFW’s SECOND roster!

He starts to smile, and the Boston crowd begins to get louder too.

Adam: Like I said, Future Shock didn’t evolve by my hand. It didn’t evolve by Cody’s hand when he was here. It evolved by YOUR support and it evolved by the women on this roster. Without both, none of it is possible. I couldn’t be prouder of every one of the Prospects past, present or future than I am today.  I thank ALL OF YOU and THEM for what Future Shock has become. And personally speaking, I can’t wait to see where it goes from here. So to all of you who have supported this brand…. To everyone on my roster past and present…. Thank you. The best is yet to come.

Zack: Now we know what he meant by the next evolution, not brought about by him but by all the women who make up this show’s history and future, as well as the fans who support it.

Claire: Future Shock keeps on getting bigger and better and with the continued support of the fans and the dedication of it’s talent, it’s going to keep on growing and evolving. This is just the latest step.

Adam leaves the microphone on the mat as his music starts to play, getting another warm reception from the Boston crowd before we cut to a commercial break.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 10:14:39 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 02:34:51 pm »

Future Shock returns from the commercial break back to the ring as Gia seems to be taking it all in before she starts the introductions.

Gia: The next match is scheduled for one fall to a finish.

Zack: We go from what was a terrific scientific match to start the show to one that may be anything but, at least if Sydney Christensen has her way about it.

Claire: I think you’re probably right given Sydney’s attitude over the last couple of months but we shouldn’t forget that she is an accomplished technical wrestler. She is very capable of going hold for hold it’s just she’d prefer to drop you on your head at the moment.

“When The Lights Come On” by Asking Alexandria  plays as Cassie Mason comes out to a showering of boos. Not allowing the fans clear annoyance about who she is and the family she comes from to annoy her, she stands on the stage to soak in the reaction. She then power walks down to the ring like she owns Femme Fatale Wrestling.

Gia: On her way to the ring, weighing in at one hundred and forty pounds, Boston’s own, Cassie... Maaaaaaaaa-son!

Once at the ring apron she slides under the bottom rope. She walks to the center of the ring. Cassandra takes a bow inciting the crowd to boo some more. She walks over to the corner, leans against the turnbuckle waiting for the match to begin.

Zack: I think Cassie Mason has all the tools to become a major star in Future Shock, but I think she’s also meeting the wrong woman with the wrong temperament tonight. The “Life of the Party” has a long night ahead of her, Claire.

Claire: You’ve hit the nail on the head Zack. Cassie might want to be a little more serious tonight rather than trying to be a fun loving party girl, otherwise she’ll find herself going through a whole battery of concussion tests - and that’d be the best case scenario.

The sound of a guitar strumming subtly begins to echo in the arena, leaving those in attendance wondering what is going on. The angelic voice of one Lzzy Hale of the band Halestorm is heard next, her voice serenely starting the opening verse of “I Am The Fire.”

Am I brave enough?
Am I strong enough?
To follow the desire
That burns from within
To push away my fear
To stand where I'm afraid
I am through with this
'Cause I am more than this
I promise to myself
Alone and no one else
My flame is rising higher.

As the song picks up the tempo, her voice becomes more intense, kicking into the chorus.

I am the fire
I am burning brighter
Roaring like a storm

Midway through the chorus, the curtains part and out walks the pride of Calgary herself, Sydney Christensen.  She steps out to the middle of the stage and juts her arms out on either side of her, tossing her head back as the fans show their appreciation. She picks her head up and slowly brings her arms in front of her, her index fingers pointing down to the ring. Dropping her arms to her side, she begins her march towards the ring, nodding at a few fans along the way. Once she reaches the ring, she hops up onto the apron and steps through the bottom and middle ropes. Almost immediately, Sydney walks over to the ropes and raises her arms above her head, encouraging the fans as they cheer on the proud Canadian. Sydney then walks over to one corner of the ring and rests her back against the turnbuckle, awaiting her opponent as her music fades out on one poignant line of the chorus.

And I am the one I've been waiting for
Screaming like a siren
Alive and burning brighter
I am the fire!

Gia: Introducing from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, this is…...SYDNEY CHRISTENSEN!!

Zack: The woman I like to call Syd Vicious has been looking to hurt people more than win lately. She tried to end Katie Hanley’s career last year, and looked to use the same move on Arabella two weeks ago. I just hope Cassie is ready for anything, because Sydney has become one of the most dangerous women on this roster.

Claire: You’re right Zack. Sydney is prepared to win by any means necessary - even if that means ending careers and potentially crippling her opponent. I’m sure tonight won’t be any different.

As Gia was leaving the ring and referee Melinda Davis was checking Cassie, Sydney charged across the ring and clobbered her over the referee’s shoulder with a right cross to the face. She shoved Davis aside, and grabbed two handfuls of her hair to start driving Cassie’s head into the top turnbuckle repeatedly. And with those two handfuls of hair, she snapped off a hair mare. Davis admonished her about what she did before calling for the bell, but Sydney ignored her. She mounted her back and started spiking her face into the mat before pulling it up by the hair and firing forearm shots across the side of her head.

Claire: Sydney’s not wasting any time at all tonight and it already looks like she targeting Cassie’s head and will be looking for that knockout shot sooner or later. Given how she’s treating Davis, Adam might want to have security standing by ready to pull Christensen away tonight.

Zack: It’s a shame Cassie has to face this woman when she’s like this. Any other opponents, I think it’d be a different story. But not Sydney!

She finally got to her feet, getting another warning from the referee before the Canadian shoved her backwards. Cassie was starting to rise as well before she got sent shoulder first into the middle turnbuckle. Christensen rolled out under the bottom rope, and caught her with a palm thrust to the throat to drop her to the canvas. She jerked Cassie out of the ring with her to the floor, and used a very brief giant swing to hurl her into the barricade. The Boston crowd showed her nothing but ire as she pulled up the apron, finding some rolled up microphone cable which she used to strangle Cassie!

Claire: Cassie’s in the wrong place right now and Sydney’s using everything that she can lay her hands on to cause damage. You think she can consider herself lucky to have not been disqualified already, Zack?

Zack: I’m surprised it hasn’t happened, but it’s not far from realization at this point. Sydney is so angry and bitter that she isn’t in the Nova contention that it’s festered into her soul!

Cassie clutched at the cable wrapped around her neck as the referee immediately went to the floor. Davis started shouting at Sydney as her opponent desperately tried to breathe until Sydney let her fall back to the floor. She followed up by putting the boots to her body and then scooping her up to drop her neck and chest first over the barricade. Sydney pressed a boot against her neck, choking her again as she pressed her against the floor at the same time.

Zack: Cassie has nothing to do with what’s sent Sydney into a rage in recent days, but she’s certainly taking the punishment for it like she did.

Claire: I think this is more like the morning after a party right now; a party where you hit the tequila a little too hard and are paying for it with the hangover from Hell.

Davis started yelling at her again before Sydney spun towards her, grabbing hold of her top with one hand and threatening her verbally. Meanwhile, Cassie started to get her breath back and rise to her feet. This brought the fans back to life as well when Sydney turned to see what was going on, and ate a spinning backfist to the face! It caused the veteran to let Davis go as Cassie grabbed her head this time, and started driving it into the apron. She used an Irish whip to send Christensen back first into the steps, and Cassie followed her with a running dropkick to the chest.

Zack: Atta girl, Cassie! She knows she’s not in a wrestling match, she’s in a fight for her life almost against Sydney! And all of Boston is right behind her!

Claire: Cassie can’t give Sydney a moment to recover though, she’s got to stay on top of her and look to maximise this opening by turning it into a victory tonight.

Cassie glanced over to the cable that was used on her, and then back to Sydney. The veteran started to get up, and Cassie charged her with a running clothesline that flipped her backwards over the stairs onto the other side. Mason stepped up to the top of the steps, and came down with a diving elbow drop into Sydney’s chest. She made it back to her feet, rubbing her neck but clearly fired up as the crowd was solidly in her corner. She pulled Sydney up, and rolled her back into the ring before following after her.

Zack: Cassie’s fired up now, and this match is where it belongs: in the ring! What a win it would be for Cassie if she can knock off Sydney!

Claire: You’re right Zack, Christensen is up there at the top of the Nova Championship division and a win for Cassie would catapult her into the reckoning for that title.

The veteran started to get up to her feet as Cassie circled around behind her. She shoved Sydney chest first into the corner, and followed up with a backstabber that flipped her over to the mat. The Canadian was starting to get up again, but Mason swooped in and applied a sleeper hold, and wrapped her legs around her waist to make her carry her entire body in the process. Sydney stumbled forward but started to drop to a knee, and Cassie was back on her feet with the hold applied still.

Claire: Smart move from Cassie here. That sleeper is locked in tight and is cutting blood flow to Sydney’s brain which will turn off the lights in a hurry if she can restrict it enough. While the bodyscissors...that’s making it difficult for Syd to breathe, making the problem that much worse.

Zack: She can be angry and violent in her dreams if Cassie keeps this applied. Sydney’s starting to fade here, and not a moment too soon!

Sydney was fighting it though, and tried to pull them both towards the ropes. Cassie was having a hard time stopping her without letting go of the hold. But the Canadian pushed up to her feet, and jerked the referee to her as she used a mule kick between Mason’s legs to break the sleeper. Cassie stopped in her tracks for a moment as Sydney tried to shake off the effects before jerking her head down into a single knee facebreaker. But she was still groggy and found herself sat against the bottom rope shaking her head.

Claire: That was one way to escape the sleeper, but you can see the effects that sleeper has had on Sydney. She’s struggling to take advantage of this opening.

Zack: The longer she takes, the more time Cassie has to get her marbles together. At the very least, it seems to have dulled Christensen’s rage.

Sydney finally started moving again, and went to grab Cassie. But the newcomer rolled onto her back, and started using her feet like she was pedaling a bicycle into the Canadian’s chest. It sent Sydney backwards a couple steps, and allowed Cassie the chance to get to her feet. With the veteran leaning against the ropes, Cassie went for a roundhouse kick to her head. But Sydney dropped down and pulled the rope with her, causing Cassie’s leg to get caught and snapped off her feet as she hung upside down by her foot in the ropes.

Zack: Uh oh, that wasn’t part of the plan! Sydney low-bridged the top rope, and now Mason is hanging upside down by her ankle!

Claire: This is really dangerous place for Cassie to be. She won’t be shown any mercy by her opponent that’s for sure. Let’s hope Davis can free her in double quick time.

The referee tried to get her leg free, but Sydney shoved her away and resumed stomping away at her chest and trying to choke her with her boot. She rolled out to the floor, pulling more of the audio cable closer to the ring as she wrapped it around Cassie’s neck again to choke her with it. The referee tried to make Sydney let go as Cassie once more struggled to catch her breath. Sydney finally dropped the audio cable, She fed Cassie’s head through the bottom rope before hopping up onto the apron to apply a headscissors.

Claire: Sydney’s flirting with disqualification tonight but I’m not sure she gives a damn so long as she still gets to hurt her opponent. Cassie’s certainly going to know that she’s been in a fight tomorrow.

Zack: More like a back alley brawl. Sydney is out of control, and something needs to be done about it. I’m just not sure what yet. She hasn’t gone for a pin or submission once, she just wants to maim somebody.

Davis started counting her out, and Sydney released the hold. She slid into the ring and back out again to the floor as the referee was having some success in getting Cassie’s leg free. The Canadian was pulling up the apron on three sides of the ring till she found what she was looking for. A smile formed on her face as she pulled out an aluminum baseball bat. She looked up to it for a moment before heading back into the ring as the referee had finally gotten Cassie’s leg free.

Claire: I think you’re right Zack, Sydney’s not here to win, not at all. Someone needs to get out here and stop her before she gets a chance to use that bat!!

Zack: Who had the bright idea to put a Louisville Slugger under the ring?! Sydney’s got the bat in hand, and it’s not to play softball!

As soon as the referee turned around to see the veteran, Sydney drove the bat into her abdomen and crumpled her to the mat. She was about to drive it into Cassie’s head, but Mason rolled out of the way. Sydney took a swing for her head again, but she managed to duck and tackle her to the mat. Cassie unloaded with right hands, causing her to drop the bat as she tried to fight Cassie off.

Zack: She used it on the referee, Davis got it right in the gut! But Cassie… Cassie’s not going to go down without a fight!

Claire: Cassie’s showing no fear here! She’s taking the fight to Sydney and look at the way she’s laying in those shots to her head!!! Sydney’s getting her bell rung!!

The referee lay on the mat, and weakly called for the bell as the fight continued not too far away. Sydney managed to shake Cassie off, and grab the bat again. When she went to nail the newcomer with it, Mason managed to roll away. Sydney jerked her head around when she heard Gia.

Gia: The referee has disqualified Sydney Christensen, therefore your winner…… CASSIE MASON!!

Claire: Sydney had been flirting with disqualification all night long and when she used that bat, it was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Davis might wish that Cassie had kept her occupied a little bit longer though!

Sydney’s face flashed red as she pulled the referee back to her feet, and scooped the bat up with the other hand. The Canadian shoved Davis to the canvas, and was about to drive the bat into her again before Cassie pulled it away from her on the apron. Security and training staff poured out of the back to help Davis and stop the fight from breaking out again.

Zack: Sydney is furious the referee disqualified her, and Cassie may have saved Davis’ career right there! This is chaotic, and we’re gonna try to restore some order!

Claire: Thank God we’ve got security out here! With the way Christensen is behaving, they might want to restrain her till they’ve thrown her out of the building.

Sydney’s face remained red with anger as security got Davis out, and Cassie stood at the top of the ramp with the Boston crowd LOUDLY behind her as Future Shock went to commercial

She Wants The Job

The show comes back to the booth, where Zack and Claire are seated. He leans forward as he addresses the viewers and his broadcast partner.

Zack: We talked earlier about how we’ll be doing auditions for the ring announcer’s job. With that in mind, Claire, we also want to give our viewers a chance to get to know them better too. So we dispatched a camera crew to Gia’s hometown of Miami last week to let you get to know her.

Claire: This certainly sounds like a very interesting and unique job interview. Certainly sounds like it’s going to warts and all from Gia. Let’s play the clip and see exactly how badly Gia wants to be doing this full time going forward.

The show cuts to a very inviting looking beach somewhere in Miami. There are people up and down the beach, and along the boardwalk. But our camera finds one girl in particular on the sand in a simple blue sundress, with a pair of big white sunglasses over her eyes. When she spots the camera, she lifts her sunglasses and her lips curve into a dazzling smile.

“Hey there, I’m Gia Lynne. I’ve been a wrestling fan since I can remember, but as you can see I’m not exactly the type who’s ready to get into a ring. But in the last couple of years I’ve been finding different ways to get involved, mostly through being a valet. After all, who doesn’t want a stunning redhead on their arm to escort them to the ring? It was all going great and then… well. Unfortunately I had a falling out with the wrestler I was working with over some personal and private matters between us, and I stepped back for awhile, threw myself into modeling and things like that.”

As she approaches a chair and an umbrella already set up on the sand, she gathers the dress up in her hands and pulls it off over her head, revealing the white bikini underneath. Her body is lean and toned, and she’s clearly spent plenty of time in the sun.

“But then I saw that Future Shock was looking for a new ring announcer and I decided to put my name in for consideration. I’m already familiar with the wrestling business, I don’t mind traveling to Boston for shows, and it’ll prove that I’m capable of more than just being arm candy to someone else. This is how I get to participate in the business I love, without having to attach my name to anyone else’s. It’s my way of getting involved, and getting paid for it.”

Gia stretches out on the chair, shifting and stretching like a cat until she finds just the right spot.

“I’m the total package - beauty, charisma, a lot of sass, and a little bit of fire. I’m ready to be the one introducing the matches and the wrestlers of Future Shock. It’s one of the best female-focused companies in the world, and I want to be part of that. I’ve got the personality to make it work. I know how to shine a light not only on myself, but for the other women on the roster. With me as your ring announcer, you have someone who’s going to entertain the audience between matches and who’ll dedicate herself to being the best damn ring announcer that Future Shock has ever seen.”

The show cuts back to Claire and Zack in the booth.

Claire: Gia certainly seems to bring a lot of qualities to the job. A wealth of wrestling knowledge, she’s obviously not shy and is dedicated towards being part of this business. And she has certainly gotten off to a good start so far tonight.

Zack: I won’t argue any of that, and I think we also know the next location for our pool party. Somewhere in Miami looks good to me. Gia’s doing great so far, and our next show… you may want to earmuff the kids for that audition. Claire, you know Lexi, right? She’ll be auditioning next Future Shock.

Claire: Lexi is certainly going to be different to Gia and we’ve seen her cause Caitlyn Storm to look a little uncomfortable from time to time with what she says. It’ll be interesting to hear that’s for definite...she’s more of a Deadpool of ring announcers than say Captain America.

Zack: No question. When we come back, Sydney and Cassie are gonna collide right after the break. See you on the other side.

Future Shock takes a commercial break from there.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 10:17:16 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 02:35:02 pm »

River Rage

The show heads the back, and finds Sara with none other than River Campbell. She flashes a smile to the camera as she begins.

Sara: The date has been set, fans. We heard from my guest here, River Campbell, on the last Future Shock and then heard from Jacqui Minogue later that same night. And now the match is set for March 10th when Future Shock visits Sheffield for the first time ever at the Sheffield Showdown on FFW All Access. River, your request has been granted because that’s the night you’ll get to meet the centerpiece of the Matriarchy one on one.

River nodded her head.

River: I’ve got my match, at Sheffield Showdown on March 10th and Jacqui… well I’m sure she’s hoping that it’ll be a similar result to the last time I was due to appear on a Future Shock special. I’m sure she’s sat there hoping, praying, begging whatever deity she believes in that I don’t get to hit a single note again; that she can put me down and claim herself the whole spotlight all to herself. Except, Jacks, it’s not gonna be anywhere near that easy. You think I don’t belong here because I can make a guitar howl, because I can make sing out loud like a horny angel? Oh, Jacks, you’re in for a very rude awakening. You should’ve just kicked back, relaxed and listened to our fifteen minute set that was just gonna provide a little bit extra value to all the FFW faithful. Instead you trashed my kit, you broke it...and now I’m gonna have to break you. Because that’s how this works. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

Sara: The last time we spoke two weeks ago, I had speculated on the reasoning Jacqui would do what she did. Little did I know later that night, she’d go out and pretty well confirm it for everyone. She took great offense to your participation at all at 2nd Impact, and referring to your act as a “cheap end Lollapalooza” on a night she said was important for her. It almost seems like she thinks that this is only for competition, and not to entertain fans too. How did you feel about what she said?

River: First up, fine, I get it. She’s a wrestling purist. She wants this to be solely about the competition… like some kind of extremist or zealot. It’s a free country and she’s allowed to express that opinion - no matter how stupid it makes her sound. But that freedom of expression thing? It doesn’t mean that she doesn’t have the face the consequences of her actions. And she is very much wrong in her opinion. Not least because we’re not a cheap end Lollapalooza but are instead one of the greatest all female rock bands on the planet with some of the finest musicians on the planet in our line up. And secondly…

River puts an arm around Sara’s shoulders and pulls her in close.

River: Let me take you back in time Sara. Let me take you back almost a full year to February 3rd 2019. Do you know what that day was Sara? It was Super Bowl Sunday. The world tuned in to one of the most highly anticipated and most deathly dull and boring games in the event’s fifty plus year history. At the score at half time was 3-0...one field goal was the most exciting thing that happened. And that was to the Patriots. Do you know what people were still watching at the end of the second quarter Sara? Do know why the Super Bowl is one of the most watched sporting events in the world every year? Because at half time they put on a huge, massive concert. Maroon 5, Justin Timberlake, the goddamned mother fucking Rolling Stones. If they didn’t do that Sara, do you know what you’d have? Just another humdrum game of football that almost no-one would be interested in.

Sara: You have a point, even though I’m not much of a football kinda girl. But since the last time we spoke, I have unearthed something. This purist idealism from Jacqui expands to more than just music. I have it on good authority she attacked Jamie Winters backstage after her debut here on Future Shock, putting her on the shelf because she didn’t want any magic on the show either.

River: I bet Jacqui’s the kind of girl who doesn’t get invited to parties because she just wants to stand in the kitchen, eating bread, drinking water and complains the stereo is too loud and the conversation is a little too raucous. I think Jacqui needs to realise that there’s plenty of time on these shows to have a little bit of music and a little bit of magic and a whole lot of wrestling. And sometimes, maybe, just maybe, a little bit of a distraction and a little bit of entertainment is necessary - like, say, the ring crew need a couple of minutes to set things up for example. Also, there’s a lot of competition out there for people’s entertainment dollar...if you can offer something a little bit extra, give the fans something no-one else is giving them, entice a few more fans through the door, isn’t that a good thing? Maybe someone comes for the magic, stays for the wrestling and eventually, if they take all leave of their senses, that person buys a Jacqui Minogue t-shirt. Or does she not do merchandise just in case it detracts from the wrestling? Or are they all monochrome? A black shirt with just her name printed on the front in the most boring font she can find?

Sara: If nothing else, she definitely sticks to her principles. For example, she had nothing to do with our annual pool party last summer. There wasn’t any wrestling on that show either, and it was pretty much a day to let the roster have a little fun in the water.

River: Are we sure that’s she really Australian? I thought they were all fairly laid back and you know, enjoyed having a good time. They’re not exactly known for having a stick up their butt. I suppose next you’re going to tell me she’s got a petition going to ban any and all challenges that might occur on Future Shock going forward. At her next medical they should give her an infusion of a sense of humour.

Sara: Fans, like I said, the date’s set. Jacqui Minogue and River Campbell will meet one on one at the Sheffield Showdown on March 10th, only on FFW All Access. Sounds like it can’t get here quickly enough for River.

The show heads to a preview for the upcoming edition of Breaking Point.

Future Shock returns from the commercial break once again, and there’s the lovely Gia waiting in the ring with her microphone and a dazzling smile.

Gia: The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is your Future Shock main event!

Zack: That was our last break for tonight, fans. It’s time for the main event as the Doomsday Sisters have the opportunity to really skyrocket their fortunes if they can get past a Pixie and especially the Future Shock Champion.

Claire: You’re spot on Zack. Any time you get the chance to beat an Aspire contestant and the Future Shock Champion, it’s huge and that’s exactly what Victoria and Sienna have in front of them tonight. If they can achieve that, it’ll be a huge feather in their cap and something that’ll make Adam sit up and take note.

The lights go out...

The first note of music of “American Witch” by Rob Zombie hits the arena, prompting the arena to erupt to thunderous reaction.

Then, we hear the first words of the song spoken:

This is a journey backed with fear, guilt, and anxiety

As the song begins, and the spotlight is beaming on the stage, where Victoria Havoc & Sienna Danger appear, arms positioned in a flex position with Sienna on her knees and Victoria standing behind her. Then the ladies stop posing and form their hands together in the symbol of a triangle, representing their faction. After Sienna makes it to her feet, the women make their way down the aisle.

Gia: Making their way to the ring, representing The Matriarchy... at a total combined weight of 390 pounds…from Melbourne, Australia…”The Lady Beast” Victoria Havoc & “The Python” Sienna Danger…They…Are…THE DOOMSDAY SISTERS!!!!!

Once the ladies get to ringside, the Amazonian women climb up to the apron the ring and face the crowd, doing a little trash talking with the fans at ringside. After wiping their feet on the apron, Sienna & Victoria enter the ring and walks over to opposite corners, where they climb up and pose, yelling back at the crowd at every chance. They then go toward the other two opposite corners and does the same thing after climbing up. Then, after coming down, Sienna & Victoria go to their corner of the ring as they wait for their opponents.

Zack: Listen to that, Claire. How many female tag teams do you know that reach close to 400 pounds between them? And that’s not fat, as you can see. Victoria and Sienna are nothing but power personified.

Claire: These girls never miss a workout that’s for sure - be it leg day, chest day or arm day, they’ll be in the gym and there for a double helping. That strength and power is a huge advantage for them over almost anyone in this company.

I won’t give up, no I won’t give in
Till I reach the end
And then I’ll start again
No I won't leave
I wanna try everything
I wanna try even though I could fail

Gia: From Chicago Illinois, weighing in tonight at 103 pounds... she is Nora Harris!

The bouncy music of Shakira's Try Anything plays and out comes Nora, bouncing on the toes of her boots as she waves to the fans and then she cartwheels into the aisle before she sprints down to the ring, slides under the bottom rope and pops up to wave at the fans again.

I won’t give up, no I won’t give in
Till I reach the end
And then I’ll start again
No I won't leave
I wanna try everything
I wanna try even though I could fail

She smiles at the referee and respectfully waits for the start of the match.

Zack: Nora Harris is one of the most popular girls on this roster with the fans, Claire. And you know one of her favorite things to do to an opponent is a giant swing. I just…. I don’t see how she can do it against either of these two though.

Claire: I don’t know Zack...we call her Lil Pixie Pump for a reason. I think her biggest problem is going to be getting momentum going in the swing...and the other half of the Doomsday Sisters stopping her cold.

I'm not the one who's so far away when I feel the snake bite enter my veins
Never did I want to be here again and I don't remember why I came…

The lights in the arena dim and smoke fills the entrance as the first lines of Godsmack's "Voodoo" begin playing. Vivi tosses the curtain aside and stands with her arms outstretched and a smile on her face. She carries a walking stick, topped with a skull carved from ivory, in one hand and waves to the crowd with the other, bemused by their positive reaction to her. Pausing for a moment, Vivi waits for the next verse of the song to begin before she starts making her way to the ring.

Candles raise my desire why I'm so far away, no more meaning to my life, no more reason to stay...
Freezing feeling, breathe in, breathe in...
I'm coming back again…

As she reaches the ring, Vivi climbs up the stairs and tips her top hat to the crowd before taking it and her jacket off, laying them on the side of the ring along with her walking stick. Only then does she step in over the middle rope, standing in the center of the ring with her hands on her hips, waiting.

Gia: Ladies and gentlemen, now making her way to the ring, she is the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans, the High Priestess of Baron Samedi, the Monster of the French Quarter... the one and only…the reigning FFW Future Shock Champion…... VIVI ROBICHAUD!

Zack: In 2019, Vivi Robichaud ended a record setting undefeated streak and capped off the year with the Future Shock Championship! That’s a helluva year that’s gonna be hard to top, but if anyone will find a way, it’s New Orleans’ favorite voodoo priestess!

Claire: You have to applaud Vivi’s determination and laser like focus. She set her heart on capturing the Future Shock Championship in 2019 and there wasn’t anything that was going to stop her.

Gia left the ring as referee Jennifer Stringer made sure none of the opponents had any hidden weapons. She called for the bell to start the match as Sienna stayed in the ring with the Future Shock Champion. The fans already began a “Vivi” chant as Sienna headed towards the center, waving the champion forward with both hands. Vivi stood in front of her, looking up unflinchingly at the taller Sienna before Danger raised her hand for a test of strength. The champion glanced over to her hand, took a step back and started to raise her own hand slowly.

Zack: A little old school test of strength here, Claire. I don’t think this is the best way to start the match if you’re Vivi. Look at the power and size she’s giving up by doing this.

Claire: Vivi’s a smart woman and I’m sure she’ll not allow herself to get tricked into anything. If she’s entering into a test of strength like this then she’ll have something prepared.

Vivi’s hand continued to reach as her fingertips brushed Sienna’s palm as it continued to warily move closer. Sienna started to smirk as she watched Vivi’s hand...until the other hand clocked her across the jaw instead. The champion started firing off rapid fire left hands to Sienna’s jaw before pulling her head down into a neckbreaker. The fans started getting louder as the voodoo priestess took off for the far side, rebounding quickly as Sienna was getting up with a guillotine leg drop across the back of her neck. Robichaud hammered forearms into the back of her head before pulling it into a front facelock as she got to her feet. A few knee lifts to the chest and face landed before Vivi spiked her with a DDT and quickly rolled her over for the cover.

Zack: VIvi’s looking to end it in record time, and we got a cover!

ONE!!!

As the referee’s hand came up for a two, Sienna powerlifted Vivi off her and sent her rolling into the ropes. Danger sat up and looked over her shoulder at Vivi with a shake of her head. The champion quickly got back to her feet, and ate a sliding dropkick to the chest and went for another cover before Sienna launched her off the top of her again, this time before the referee could even get into position.

Claire: Wow. That’s scary strength on display from Sienna. From her back she’s tossing Vivi off of her like she’s a sack of potatoes laying on her chest.

Sienna popped back to her feet, and went to grab the champion. But Vivi ducked her swipe and caught her with a low dropkick to her knee. It stumbled Sienna for a second before a chop block brought the powerhouse down to one knee. Robichaud grabbed her wrists and wrapped her arms around her neck in a choke with one knee pressed against her back. Sienna’s own arms were constricting her neck as Vivi pulled on her wrists.

Zack: Not often I see Vivi using that Peruvian necktie, but that’s a smart move. No matter how big you are, you still need to be able to breathe.

Claire: You’re spot on Zack, it doesn’t matter how strong Sienna is, if she can’t breathe than her lights will dim and go out just like they would with everyone else. Vivi just has to keep it locked in tight.

Vivi had a little trouble controlling Sienna’s arms though, due to how strong she was. The champion pulled with all her strength as Sienna managed to straighten up her back at the same time. But the champion’s eyes began to widen as Sienna was overpowering her and unwrapping her own arms from around her neck. Danger now had Vivi’s wrists, turned into her and jerked her off her feet by them. The champion dangled over the mat before Danger slapped on a bearhug around her waist, and started shaking her like a rag doll!

Zack: You have got to be kidding me! Sienna…. She broke that hold all on her own and look where the champion is now! That is terrifying power, and Vivi’s getting rag dolled!

Claire: Turnabout is fair play, I guess and now it’s Vivi’s turn to struggle for breath. And getting shook around like that is just gonna disorientate her.

When she finally stopped shaking her, Vivi slumped to one side in pain. The referee asked her if she wanted to stop, but the champion shook her head. Danger started shaking her like a leaf again for a few more seconds until she was slumped over her shoulder. Victoria encouraged her partner from the corner, while Sienna had her hands clasped behind Vivi’s back and the camera could see her squeezing as her muscles flexed.

Claire: Look at Sienna’s arm bulge! She’s got muscles upon muscles and could well crack Robichaud’s ribs if she keeps this up.

Zack: It’s hard to appreciate how big and powerful these two unless you can see them in person like us. I guarantee you Vivi knows how immense they are though.

Stringer checked again, still getting the same response from Vivi. Sienna was about to start shaking her yet again before the champion boxed her ears to stun her. A second time loosened her grip slightly before Vivi used a headbutt in the nose finally break free of her grip. The champion stumbled backwards for a moment, still seeing Danger on her feet before she launched forward into a codebreaker that ricocheted Sienna into her own corner where Victoria reached down to tag herself in.

Zack: Nice counter out of the bearhug, and I’m not sure how many more shakes she could take. But unfortunately, Sienna couldn’t have landed in a better spot for herself. If I’m Vivi, I might think about tagging too.

Claire: I’d definitely be looking to get Nora into the action. Vivi’s had the life squeezed out of her and a fresh Victoria Danger is the last thing that she wants to facing down.

Victoria stepped over the top rope to get into the ring, but Vivi didn’t let her make it all the way in before she darted across and kicked the rope up between her legs. That froze the powerhouse where she stood before Vivi grabbed the top rope and started shaking it underneath her. Havoc bounced on the rope a few times before she collapsed onto the mat on her knees, and Robichaud followed up with a shining wizard to the back of her head. Havoc went face down on the mat, and Vivi headed for her corner to make the tag. Nora was quick to join her as they both pulled Victoria up, and lifted her upside down into a stalling brainbuster before Harris went for the cover!

Zack: Vivi and Nora working well together for a double team brainbuster, and Nora’s looking to clock out early!

ONE!!!

TWO!!!

Victoria kicked out, shoving Nora away. Harris popped back to her feet as the powerhouse was starting to sit up, and then began a flurry of kicks to her chest rapid-fire until a spinning roundhouse to the jaw put her down again.

Claire: Smart strategy from Nora here. She’s big and strong, but I’m not sure wants to try to go toe to toe with Havoc. Keep her on the mat and it’ll severely limit her arsenal.

Nora darted for the far side, and came back with a double knee drop into Victoria’s chest, keeping her ground for a moment until she began a Garvin stomp onto each appendage. The last stomp landed on the side of her face before Nora moved around to her legs, and looked around at the crowd who started getting much louder as she scooped up her ankles.

Zack: We talked about this before the match started! Nora’s got that look on her face, and Havoc may be in for a ride!

Claire: This could be the moment of truth right here! Can Nora get herself spinning or will Havoc be just a little bit too much for her??

Nora took a couple deep breaths, and tried to start the giant swing. But she didn’t get far when Sienna came in illegally with a big boot to the side of her head. The referee got her out of the ring as Victoria began to get herself together. She pulled Nora to her feet, and whipped her into the team’s corner before following her with a roaring elbow to the mouth. She tagged Sienna back in, who proceeded to rain forearms on her chest followed by an European uppercut that snapped Nora’s head back. She then tagged Victoria back in, and then proceeded to use her foot to choke Nora until the referee got to five. Havoc tagged Sienna back in as she fired her towards the center only for Sienna to reverse it and send Havoc into an avalanche on Nora.

Claire: Excellent teamwork from the Doomsday Sisters. We’re seeing exactly why they’ve been as successful as they have since arriving in Future Shock. I hope the Raging Dragons are watching closely because this might well be in their future sooner rather than later.

Zack: This is a hallmark of the Doomsday Sisters. They absolutely love to work over an opponent in their corner, and it’s like shooting fish in a barrel for these two maulers!

They both scooped Nora up into a gorilla press before letting her drop across their knees into a double gutbuster. Haris doubled over on the mat before Sienna rolled her onto her back to make the cover.

Zack: A double knee gutbuster from the heavens for Nora, and the Doomsday Sisters may be seconds from a win!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

TH-NOPE!!

Due to being too close to the ropes, Nora was able to get her foot across the bottom. Stringer stopped the count, and Sienna got back to her feet. She reached out for the tag again, and Victoria joined her as they both grabbed her arms and legs to fling her into the air and let her crash onto the canvas.

Claire: Did you see the elevation there Zack?!? I think Nora can claim herself a couple of air miles after that move! We’re starting to move into desperation territory for Nora. She needs something to get her a chance to make a tag.

As Sienna returned to the corner, Victoria pulled Nora up by her hair. Harris slumped against her knee, which seemed to amuse the powerhouse...at least until Nora pulled her into a small package that surprised everyone!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEE-NO!!

Victoria kicked out just in time, checking with the referee to make sure it was just two. And she took it out on Nora as she mounted her to rain right hands into her head.

Claire: Nora looked to steal the match right there and all it seems to have done for her is piss off her opponent further. Harris is getting her bell rung with those vicious right hands!

Havoc got back to her feet, picking up Nora with both hands by her head. She lifted her off her feet momentarily before hurling her into the neutral corner. Harris landed back first, and started to slump against the corner. Victoria cracked her knuckles as she admired the damage she had done so far. And when she went to get her, Nora rolled into a ball between her legs and popped up behind her. Havoc spun on her heel as Nora lunged into her team’s corner to make the tag to Vivi!

Claire: Huge moment from Nora! She desperately needed that tag and Vivi’s going to provide a whole new challenge to Victoria here!

Zack: Now the Future Shock Champion is back in, and Vivi’s had plenty of time to get her wind back! First stop, the top rope!

Victoria went to try to stop her, but it was too late. Vivi immediately hopped up to the top rope, and came crashing into Victoria with a meteora! The powerhouse hit the canvas, and Vivi headed for the corner again. She immediately scaled it as Havoc was trying to get up, only for the champion to snap off a flying headscissors that took her back to the mat. The Boston crowd was very loud as Robichaud took off towards the corner this time, and caught Sienna with a dropkick to the chest that sent her to the floor.

Zack: Man, Vivi’s definitely got a second wind and she’s taking on the Doomsday Sisters all by herself! Nora’s in the corner, and she hasn’t gotten up yet!

Claire: When Vivi gets the bit between her teeth, she’s a real force of nature and the Doomsday sisters are getting blown away by it right now!

When the champion turned back to the ring, she ducked a clothesline from Victoria and caught her as she was turning around with a stunner. Havoc bounced onto the mat as Vivi dove across her for the cover

Zack: Vivi with a stunner, and I don’t think Havoc knows where the hell she is right now!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-WHAM!

The count was broken up by a right hand to Vivi’s jaw from Sienna on the floor ringside. It sent the champion rolling off as Victoria started to pull herself together. Nora was back to her feet with her hand out in the corner.

Claire: Sienna just saved her partner right there with one Hell of a right hand!! You could that connect all the way up at the back of this arena and the Future Shock Champion might have had her jaw broken!!

Vivi started to head towards her as Victoria was still getting her bearings. The champion made the tag, and Nora headed back in quickly. She pulled Victoria up with all her might, and connected with her fallaway DDT that brought the crowd to its feet! The cover followed that as Stringer dropped to make the count.

Claire: CODE OF SILENCE!!!! That’ll do it!! Nora and Vivi are picking up a huge win over two titans tonight!!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sienna charged into the ring to try to stop it, but ran into a running knee strike from Vivi as the referee’s hand came down for….

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Stringer called for the bell as Nora rolled off the cover taking in big gulps of air as Vivi got to her feet. She helped Harris up as well before the referee raised their hands in victory.

Zack: Nora Harris and Vivi have picked up one of the hardest fought victories of their careers in Future Shock! Tell’em about it, Gia!

Gia: Your winners by pinfall………….’LI’L PIXIE PUMP’ NORA HARRIS and VIVI ROBICHAUD!!!

Claire: The Doomsday Sisters put up one Hell of a fight tonight and if it hadn’t been for the running knee strike slowing down Sienna right at the crucial moment, this could’ve have turned out so much differently.

The pair gave each other a hug before leaning against the ropes to catch their breaths. The referee handed Vivi’s title back to her, which she took and looked over to her partner. She seemed to watch the breathless Nora for a moment, and asked her if she wanted the title shot. Nora seemed surprised by it, but accepted the offer!

Claire: I guess Vivi’s chosen her challenger for the Sheffield Showdown on March 10th and it could be a match for the ages between these two fierce competitors! Live only on FFW Access!!

Zack: It’s not hard to see why. I think Vivi was impressed as hell with Nora’s effort tonight, and you can understand why.

The pair shook hands as they got their feet under them, and Vivi laid the Future Shock Championship between them as she told the camera she wanted to face Nora.

Claire: I think that makes it official and removes all doubt Zack! Vivi wants to be a fighting champion and she’s picked herself one of the most promising, well rounded and dangerous talents in Future Shock to defend her title against!!

Zack: Boy, Sheffield is gonna be in for a treat March 10th! Vivi and Nora with Future Shock’s biggest prize on the line! I can’t wait for this!!

They both leaned down to collect the title, and their eyes met with a smirk forming on Vivi’s face before Future Shock faded off the air.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 10:21:37 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: