Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 29, 2024, 09:52:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

FFW Future Shock - Episode 74

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFW Future Shock - Episode 74  (Read 259 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: February 25, 2020, 09:01:31 pm »

Live from the Future Shock Arena in Boston, Massachusetts
February 25, 2020

A FFW logo is shown stuck on a travel bag as it’s being pulled through the airport. “Leave It All Behind” by Sleeping with Sirens can be heard playing over it. The bag belongs to Arabella Townshend as she heads towards her gate before she gets stopped by a mother and her daughter for an autograph. As she leans down to take a selfie with the little girl, one of the monitors hanging is showing clips from Future Shock.

When you look at my life, tell me what do you see?
I’m only human, so don’t expect too much from me.
I lost my faith, what have I become?
I don't think I can be safe from what I'm running for

The clips feature: Mara Werth getting to her feet and having her hand raised after a match, Nora Harris coming off the top of a cage with an elbow drop, Anna and Luna Cortez bumping fists and heading towards the ring, Su Wakuda reaching for a tag from Jennifer Song, and Gemma Pierce looking at her reflection as it changes from red hair to black, and Andi Takata nailing her rolling cutter!.

Will you remember me
If I were to fall into the sky?
And what will they think of me
If I leave it all behind?
When I leave it all behind?

Arabella continues through the airport, and takes a seat in her terminal. She checks her cell phone to see her itinerary, and gets tapped on the shoulder by another fan who wants a hug. This puts a grin on her face as she returns it, and they show her videos on their phone of her and several of the Prospects.

Would you be so surprised if I gave up tonight?
I'm barely breathing, I wanna kill the pain I feel inside
But I won't quit for the people I love
So I'll say I'm fine until the day I fucking see the light

The clips show: Cait Flanagan coming to the ring and throwing money over her shoulder, Alessandra and Nadia sitting on adjacent turnbuckles and flashing a smile to one another, Sydney Christensen delivering a tombstone piledriver, the Stone Sisters greeting the ringside fans as they head towards the ring, and Laurie ignoring Jane as she speaks with Sara backstage.

If you feel like you are nothing
If you feel like letting go
I'll be your hope when you are hopeless
Together, we are not alone
You're not alone

The doors open as Arabella heads through the gate to board her flight. And as the door with the Future Shock lightning logo seals shut behind her, we go live inside the arena to a roaring crowd. The camera pans the interior with a new stage design, and spotlights flooding the crowd as they see themselves on the video wall. We then cu ringside with Zack and his new broadcast partner, Claire.

Zack: The steel city of Sheffield, England awaits us as Future Shock returns to Boston tonight for the last show before we head across the Atlantic. Welcome to the Future Shock Arena in Boston. Tonight we get ready for Sheffield by determining who the Raging Dragons will meet for the tag titles in 2 weeks as the Laurie Jane Experience and Target Acquired meet in the main event. 

Claire: Those two teams know each other very well. Target Acquired are riding a huge tidal wave of momentum coming into this match and will be looking to carry that forward to Sheffield. The Laurie Jane Experience though, they’re going to be looking to rebound in a big way and earn themselves a second bite of the cherry against the Raging Dragons with the intention of going one step better in Sheffield.

Zack: You saw how we closed the show last week, Claire. And I can confirm Carys McFarlane is here tonight and plans to ask to meet the Doomsday Sisters in Sheffield two on one in a handicap tag match. I thought after a couple weeks, she might have reconsidered that decision, but apparently not. 

Claire: They say there’s a fine line between bravery and stupidity Zack. I’m not sure which side Carys is currently walking but you’ve got to admire the moxie and the determination to stick to her guns...even after the way she was mugged two weeks ago.

Zack: The Matriarchy is well represented tonight as Jacqui Minogue, who has a date with River Campbell in Sheffield, meets a woman who could be the next Nova Champion. She and Katie Hanley meet two weeks away from Sheffield tonight. 

Claire: It’s a big couple of weeks for Jacqui Minogue and tonight she has to focus on Katie Hanley because her feet are absolutely lethal and I’m sure she’ll be looking to leave Jacqui black and blue on her way to picking up a victory tonight. Though, that’s easier said that done given Minogue’s power and her ruthlessness.

Zack: Our ring announcer search continues tonight as well. We’ve seen Gia Lynne and Lexi in previous weeks. Tonight, a very familiar face to Future Shock and FFW fans gives it her best shot, and I am referring to Jessica Anderson. 

Claire: Jessica Anderson is a decorated and experienced wrestler and I’m sure that will serve her well as she looks to branch out in her post-ring career.

Zack: We got to see Sienna last time, and it’ll be Victoria Danger of the Matriarchy in the ring this week as she meets the other half of that Nova Championship match in Sheffield. It’ll be Victoria facing off with Arabella Townshend!

Claire: It’s a stiff ask for Victoria. Arabella Townshend has been on a roll of late and is looking to get herself in position for a Nova Championship shot. And I’ve got a good feeling that the #AgeOfArabella will turn golden sooner rather than later.

Zack: All that and no telling what else is going to happen on the final stop to Sheffield! All aboard, and let’s send it up to Jessica in the ring!

The camera heads to the ring, and the radiant Jessica Anderson has a big smile on her face as she raises the microphone to begin the introductions. 

Jessica: The opening contest of Future Shock is scheduled for one fall to a finish!

The lights go out...

The first note of music of “American Witch” by Rob Zombie hits the arena, prompting the arena to erupt to thunderous reaction.

Then, we hear the first words of the song spoken:

This is a journey backed with fear, guilt, and anxiety

As the song begins, and the spotlight is beaming on the stage where Victoria Havoc appears, arms positioned in a flex position with her sister Sienna Danger standing beside her. Then Victoria stops posing, and the ladies show off their trademark triangle hand signal, to represent her faction, before making their way down the aisle.

Jessica: Making her way to the ring, being accompanied by Sienna Danger and representing The Matriarchy...standing 6'2 and weighing 200 pounds…from Melbourne, Australia…she is one half of the tag team FemDOOM…She…Is “The Lady Beast”…VICTORIA HAVOC!!!!!

Once the ladies get to ringside, they climb up to the apron the ring and face the crowd, doing a little trash talking with the fans at ringside. After wiping her feet on the apron, they enter the ring and Victoria walks over to one of the corners, where she climbs up and poses, yelling back at the crowd at every chance. She then goes toward the opposite corner and does the same thing after climbing up. Meanwhile, Sienna stands in the center of the ring, pointing at her sister while doing some trash talking with the crowd herself. Then, after coming down, Victoria rejoins with her sister to her corner of the ring as she waits for her opponent.

Zack: I hope Arabella made some mental notes after our last broadcast, and realizes what she’s up against. Just because she’s facing Victoria doesn’t mean her tag partner out here with her is above getting involved, Claire. 

Claire: You’ve hit the nail on the head Zack. They might be in singles action but the Doomsday Sisters are sisters to the end and they’re more than happy to do everything they can get away with to make sure they’re successful.

The sounds of "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol begins to play as purple strobe lights flash on the darkened stage. A woman starts to rise up from under the stage with her back to the crowd before looking over her shoulder with a smile. 

Last night a little dancer, came dancin' to my door
Last night a little angel, came pumping on my floor
She said come on baby, you got a license for love

The fans give her a very warm response as she bounces down the stage to the music, greeting several fans along ringside and even taking selfies with a couple before rolling under the bottom rope. She shucks off her ring jacket as the lights come up.

Jessica: Introducing from London, England....please welcome....ARABELLA TOWNSHEND!!

Arabella gives Jessica a little hip bump as she passes her, and climbs up onto the turnbuckle to rally the fans as her music fades out.

Zack: 2 weeks from tonight, Arabella heads home to England to potentially become the new Nova Champion. But Katie and Victoria have very little in common, and this is likely to be a trial by fire for Arabella against Victoria.

Claire: Arabella though has all the tools it takes to cut Victoria down to size and pick up the victory tonight. So long as she’s wary of Sienna on the outside.  A win here and I think you might just want to put Katie forward as the favourite for the Nova Championship.

Referee Stephen Wilson checks both women for hidden objects, and then calls for the bell after Jessica leaves the ring. Victoria quickly moves to the center, and waves Arabella forward. The Brit looks to the crowd, and wastes no time in getting there as the two stand within inches of one another. Townshend looks up to her taller opponent, locking eyes as the Boston crowd immediately get behind Arabella. The two lock up after that, and Victoria immediately shows off her power as she shoves Arabella backwards and sends her into the corner with the force. Havoc waves her forward again with a confident smirk on her face as Arabella comes out of the corner for the second time. 

Zack: Victoria’s power is no joke, and if it weren’t for the turnbuckles, Arabella might have gone through the ropes. She’s not gonna be able to match Havoc in a battle of strength. 

Claire: Yeah, there’s absolutely no point at all in trying to go to toe to toe with Havoc. She’s got to wrestle a little bit smarter. She has to try and wrestle this match on her terms and use her speed to make all the difference.

Arabella moves towards her again, and they lock up for a second time. This time though, Victoria pushes her back into the corner with brute force. Wilson calls for a break, which Victoria grants by raising her hands over her head. But almost as soon as she does, she brings them back down with a Mongolain chop to Arabella’s chest. The Brit freezes up in pain as Victoria pushes her chin back, and delivers a second open hand chop to her chest. Two more reverberate through the arena before Havoc scoops her up into a gorilla press slam. As soon as Arabella hits the mat, the camera picks up a massive red handprint over half of her exposed chest. 

Claire: That’s going to still be there in the morning… If Arabella wanted to get Victoria a pair of gloves after this, she’ll know her hand size that’s for definite.

Zack: With the height Victoria has, that chop must feel like it’s falling from 30,000 feet against Arabella’s chest. This is not how she wanted to start this match.

The powerhouse doesn’t give her much time though as she advances on her, raking her face across her boot laces to blind her. She pulls Arabella back to her feet, and whips her into the far corner with velocity. Townshend hits back first before Victoria takes her hand again, and sends her for the ride into the opposite corner for another hard shot against the turnbuckles. The pain on Arabella’s face is clear as her back bends outward in pain before Victoria walks her down, and scoops her up into a fallaway slam. Townshend starts to get up before she gets shoved back into the corner again, this time for a foot to her throat as Victoria holds onto the top rope. Wilson gets to four before she lets go, and then drives yet another open hand chop to Arabella’s chest in the same spot as before. 

Claire: Arabella is just getting punished by Victoria here. Here back, her chest… Victoria’s hitting from each and every angle and making her power count in this war tonight. Townshend has to do something to stem the tide if she wants to survive this match.

Zack: No matter how this ends up, half of Arabella’s chest is gonna be a large bruise for a few days, that’s for sure. Victoria is wrestling the match she does best here. 

It doubled the brunette over for a second until Victoria used a kneelift to her face to send her back into the corner again. Keeping her isolated, Havoc leaned all her body weight against Arabella with her back to her, and then began firing back elbows with both arms into the side of her head. The referee counted to four to let her out, and Victoria would step forward and fall back into her again for another barrage of left and right elbows to the side of her head till the referee got to four again. 

Zack: I’ve seen enough of the Sisters’ tag matches to know the strategy. Arabella can’t tag out, but she’s being stuck in that one corner and it’s like shooting fish in a barrel for Havoc. 

Claire: When you’ve got the physical advantages Victoria has, you’d love to fight every opponent inside of a phone booth - the less space her opponent has got, the easier it is for Havoc to use her power and strength to maximum impact.

When she stepped away from the corner the second time, Victoria scooped her up and lobbed Arabella out of the corner with a beal. The Brit hit the canvas hard, and tried to get up again until she caught a heart punch from Havoc that dropped her back to the mat. The powerhouse dropped down to her knees to make the cover as Wilson slid into position.

Zack: Havoc’s already sensing victory, and we got a cover! 

ONE!!!

TWO.

Townshend kicked out at two, and Victoria punished her by straddling her and pressing both knees against her arms to pin her down as she hammered right hands repeatedly into her head. She finally got to her feet and walked towards the ropes to high five her tag partner on the floor. 

Claire: Havoc is showing plenty of confidence right now, but Arabella is still in this contest and giving her time to recover is not a smart idea - even if she is flat on her back.

The Boston crowd was decidedly behind Arabella, chanting her name again to help her rally. The Brit struggled to make it to her feet, only to be pulled up by Victoria who sent her into the ropes with an Irish whip. She followed her in with a big boot aimed for her head, but Arabella dropped down and pulled the top rope with her. It bounced back up between Victoria’s legs, freezing the giant in place. Townshend got back to her feet, and started bouncing the rope repeatedly between her legs till she finally shook Victoria off before she fell to the canvas on her knees. 

Claire: That’s not somewhere that Victoria wants to be! I promise you that’s every bit as uncomfortable as it looks and Havoc is gonna look like she got off a horse by the time Arabella’s done giving her a ride.

Zack: That’s not a hobby horse beneath her, and Havoc went down like an oak tree when she finally got loose. You can train most every part of your body to toughen it up, that’s not one of them though.

Arabella immediately went to work with straight right hands to the side of her head, trying to keep Victoria on her knees. She took off for the far side, and came back with a high knee to the side of her head. It wobbled the Aussie backwards on her knees before the Brit hit the ropes again, this time returning with a leg lariat that snapped her head back. The fans were getting loud now as Townshend went for the move that Havoc missed, a big boot to the jaw that threatened to collapse her to the mat until Townshend moved around behind her. She immediately pulled her head back into a dragon sleeper with Havoc bent over backwards on her knees. 

Zack: Arabella hit a flurry of shots aimed right to the dome, and now look at this! That's a smart strategy from Townshend! She rocked her with all those shots, and now she’s looking to put her to sleep. 

Claire: You’re right Zack, Arabella’s looking to dim her foes running lights by cutting off the flow of blood to the brain. It’s effective no matter your size… or the size of your opponent.

Victoria’s arms started to flail as she tried to find the ropes, but Arabella had good positioning with the ropes behind her and out of reach. She tried to tighten the pressure as Havoc grabbed for anything, even snagging the referee’s shirt before Wilson got free of her grasp. The more she fought without success, the quicker the hold took effect. Her arms were still trying to grab anything they could, but they weren’t moving as fast now and becoming more sluggish as Sienna bellowed to her partner from the floor 

Claire: Victoria is in big trouble right now. Arabella’s got her caught and is using all of her body weight to make this as effective as she possibly can.

Zack: She’s got this move perfectly applied with superb ring positioning. I don’t think it’s much longer before Sienna can sing her tag partner a lullaby. 

Finally Victoria’s arms started to hang at her side, showing very little in the way of movement as Arabella kept the hold tightly applied. Wilson tried to get a response out of her, but it wasn’t working too well. He raised her arm and let it drop. He did it again a second time as Sienna was on the move. Danger grabbed Jessica’s bottled water off the timekeeper table, and came back before throwing the contents in Victoria’s face,, which seemed to revive her as she started moving her arms again on the third lift by the referee. 

Claire: Sienna with a wakeup call and a huge save for her partner! But Victoria’s still got to try and find a way to escape this hold. Otherwise it’s just a matter of time before she passes out again.

Zack: You got that right. I don’t know how many more water bottles Jessica may have over there, so she could just be prolonging the inevitable. 

Victoria’s renewed vigor caused her to reach up and grab Arabella’s hair with both hands. The referee made her let go. And when she did, Townshend transitioned into a backstabber that ricocheted Victoria face first onto the mat. She quickly rolled her over for the cover, and hooked the outside leg. 

Zack: Ice cold water will certainly wake you up, but it may be a moot point now! Townsehend’s got the cover!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

TH-NOO.

Havoc kicked out in time before the three, and Arabella got back to her feet quickly. She headed for the corner, kneeling down as she waited for the powerhouse to get back to her feet. When she finally made it to a vertical base, Arabella rocketed out of the corner with a massive spear that landed Victoria heels over her head on the canvas!

Claire: HUGE Spear from Arabella!!! That almost took Victoria straight out of her boots!! Not seen a spear like that since Camilla Pazzini!!

Arabella saw the positioning and shrugged her shoulders before holding her feet down to make a rolled up cover. The referee slid into position to make the count. 

Zack: I’ve not seen anyone get the impact she gets off that spear, and I don’t blame her for taking advantage of the situation either1

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THRE---NOPE!!

The count never finished as Sienna pulled Arabella out of the ring by her feet before the count stopped. As soon as Arabella landed on her feet on the floor, she started unloading with right hands to Sienna’s head! She staggered her backwards a couple steps before pulling her head down into a running bulldog on the floor. 

Claire: Sienna wanted to get herself involved and Arabella’s giving a real warm welcome and trying to take her out of this match!

The Brit glared down at her for a moment and headed back onto the apron to get back in the ring, only to catch a short knee from Victoria, who was now back on her feet. A second one stopped Arabella in her tracks before she hoisted her up into a stalling vertical suplex….except she didn’t bring her down. She walked back to the center of the ring STILL holding Arabella upside down!

Zack: That gave Victoria plenty of time to get her bearings, Claire. And look at this! She’s got Arabella upside down….and just holding her there! It’s been ten seconds at least, and still going!

Claire: Incredible power on display from Victoria! And this is bad news for Arabella because it’s letting all the blood run to her head which is going to disorientate her...when she finally drops her to the mat.

After another ten seconds, Victoria finally brought her down with a brainbuster that drove her into the mat. She hooked the outside leg for the cover as Wilson dropped into position to make the count. 

Zack: Jesus, what a brainbuster! Victoria’s gonna send Arabella to Sheffield in pieces!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO!

Arabella barely kicked out in time before the three came down, and Havoc slowly got to her feet. She shook her head, as it was clear she was still feeling the effects of the dragon sleeper from earlier. Sienna shouted to finish her off, which got a nod from her tag partner. 

Claire:  That’s pretty sage advice from Sienna. Arabella’s on the ropes but Victoria’s feeling the effects of the match and should Townshend get an opening, she could give the Doomsday Sister a really bad night!

Havoc leaned down to pull the motionless Arabella up, and then went to lift her off her feet again. This time, she got her into position for her muscle buster finisher. 

Zack: I know what’s coming! Victoria loves to use a muscle buster!

Arabella tried to wiggle free, but Victoria didn’t give her much time before she connected with her muscle buster finisher. She rolled the motionless Arabella over and went for the cover with a hook of the leg as Wilson dropped to count. 

Zack: She calls that CODE RED, Claire! 

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

The boos began immediately as the referee called for the bell. Victoria sat up on her knees, still shaking her head as the sleeper earlier was still having an effect. But she got her hand raised as Sienna joined her in the ring. 

Claire: Victoria ekes out a win over a very talented, very game Arabella Townshend tonight, but an assist has to go to her tag team partner on the outside for this one!

Jessica: Your winner by pinfall………………. VICTORIA HAVOC!!

Zack: Arabella heads to Sheffield on the backfoot, and Victoria proves she’s just as dangerous on her own as Sienna is, much less together. 

Claire: We shouldn’t take away from the fight that Arabella put up tonight… but Victoria’s power proved to be just a little too much. Still, in two weeks Arabella can bounce back in the best way possible when she challenges for the Nova Title in Sheffield.

The two women stepped out to the floor, with Sienna raising her partner’s hand again as they headed up the ramp towards the back. The show took its first commercial break from there. 

No Half Measures

A video begins to play back at the Future Shock Center in Boston, where we once again see Leighana along with her manager, Christian. He’s standing behind a heavy bag, and peering around it as Leighana is shown landing punches against it with gloves on her hands. She lands several quick strikes and then starts kicking the bag with intensity. 

Then it cuts to a pull up bar as Leighana is shown lifting herself off the ground by her hands and dropping back down with Christian watching her from the side. She does this a few times, letting out spurts of air as she reaches higher and comes back down to the floor. He gives her a towel after the last one, and seems pleased with her before looking at the camera. 

Christian: Would you look at this woman? She’s been a gym rat ever since she signed to join Future Shock, because she knows as well as I do the level of talent that revolves around that brand. She’s seen it for herself, and I’ve told her a great deal of my own experience from seeing it up close and personal. And now she’s even more ready than before, and may be welcoming us all to the gun show if she keeps at this pull up bar. 

He looks back to her with a smile and touches her arm with his fingers like she’s a bodybuilder, which she isn’t. 

Christian: Gonna start making me look flabby at this rate. 

Leighana, who ha taken a swig from a bottle of water as Christian touched her arm, swallows what’s in her mouth and grins at him.

Leighana: You wish! I gotta be ready though! The talent in Future Shock is far too big to not be beyond ready when the time comes! I tell you what though, this man here doesn’t half put you through your paces! Not that it’s a bad thing, there’s no such thing as too much work!

Christian: You’re either ready for a journey or you’re not. There’s no half measures. Leighana here is primed and ready to go. We’ve worked on all the drills. She’s moving faster and hitting harder than ever. That’s what you gotta do in Future Shock, especially when you have women like Vivi or Gemma Pierce all calling it home. They are all at the tip top of physical conditioning, and that’s what I’ve been aiming at for Leighana. Guess what? She’s there. There’s nothing really anything left that I can do to get her more ready. Other than tell her how proud I am of the progress she’s made, the dedication she’s shown, and the tenacity that I’ve seen. 

Leighana: Which is something you do every time we get into this, babe. And I’ll tell you something else, no one here is as good at this part of the job as we are. We’re one hell of a team and I am beyond grateful for that. As I am beyond grateful for what lies ahead of me, whatever that might be. The immense talent pool, the journey that’s coming, and anything else I can get my hands on.

Christian: The question isn’t is Leighana ready for Future Shock. It’s if Future Shock is ready for Leighana! 

He gives her a gentle pat as they head for the treadmills before the show cuts away.

Your Request, Carys

Sara is next seen backstage, this time with the Executive Assistant herself, Brianna Singer. They are both looking at the monitor as Carys McFarlane makes her challenge to the Doomsday Sisters on the last show for a two on one handicap tag match. As the clip concludes, Sara looks over to the Executive Assistant.

Sara: Thank you for joining me, Miss Singer. You just saw the same thing all of us saw on the last Future Shock. After what happened during her match, Carys McFarlane wants BOTH of the Doomsday Sisters in 2 weeks at the Sheffield Showdown. Are you or Adam going to make that match happen?  

Brianna: Well first of all, anyone who has ever been as frustrated as Carys is obviously wants revenge and wants it five minutes ago. While it would make for an interesting match, I’m afraid that the answer is...no. Carys will NOT be getting the match that she wants at Sheffield Showdown. But..

Sara was about to turn back to the camera when she heard the final word. 

Sara: But? 

Brianna: But what I AM willing to do is give Carys a tag team match with the Doomsday Sisters at Sheffield Showdown. All she has to do is find herself a partner for the match. She can pick anyone that her heart desires on the Future Shock roster, provided they aren’t already booked for the show.

Brianna brushes off something on her dress as she continues.

Brianna: However, should Carys fail to find a partner in time, then she doesn’t get the match.

Sara: I’ll try to catch up with Carys later tonight, and see if she has a partner in mind. There’s plenty of girls on the roster, I’m sure, who would love to step in and be part of the show and help her. Before I let you go, I wanted to get your thoughts on the announcement Adam made about a month ago where he’s stripping the developmental label off Future Shock and referring to it as FFW’s second roster instead, the gateway to FFW. Did you agree with that decision? And what was your thinking? 

Brianna: It has been long established that Future Shock produces some of the best wrestling anywhere. I mean, there are times when Future Shock outshines the main roster, and that is saying something. It made perfect sense to do away with the developmental label and establish Future Shock as the second roster. Each woman down here in Future Shock works their butts off and this is the motivation they may need to get to that next level. So yes, Sara, I one hundred percent agree with Adam’s announcement.

Sara’s about to turn to the camera again before she notices Bri getting her attention once more. 

Sara: Oh, I’m sorry. Was there something else? 

Brianna stands there with a little smirk on her face as she nods her head.

Brianna: As a matter of fact, there is. You know that on April 21st, the next Impact special is taking place, right? And that there are only two spots left to represent Future Shock at the event, right? 

Sara: That’s correct, Miss Singer. Adam announced on Twitter that he had already selected Arabella Townshend, Mara Werth and “Sensational” Stacey Sky of the Gold Standard. 

Brianna: Well I’m here tonight to announce the fourth name who will be joining those three representing Future Shock at Impact. I wanted to pick someone who has already been making waves in Future Shock. I wanted someone who was hungry and was wanting an opportunity for something like this. So joining Arabella, Mara and Stacey will be none other...than Sydney Christensen.

Sara: Wow! Sydney Christensen will be representing Future Shock April 21st at the 3rd Impact special. I’m sure that will please her… and maybe just her. Thanks for talking with me tonight, Miss Singer. 

Sara glances back to make sure that she wasn’t going to be stopped again before we head elsewhere. 

Her First But Not Last

A video package that shows the recent interactions and issues that have been brewing between Jacqui Minogue of the Matriarchy and River Campbell is shown, along with the graphic showing their impending meeting at the Sheffield Showdown. From there, we go back to the live broadcast and find the guitarist with DOC. 

DOC: Ohh Future Shock, are you in for a treat! DOC here with some big news that’s going to draw all the attention of everyone watching and what they gonna be talking about at the watercooler or wherever else tomorrow. Now you all know that River Campbell is gonna set foot in a Future Shock ring two weeks from tonight in Sheffield on FFW All Access. But there’s some late breaking news, haha! 

He starts rubbing his hands together. 

DOC: That might be the first time you see my girl here in Future Shock in the ring. But it sure won’t be the last time! You want to tell them about it, cupcake? Or should I? 

River glared at him for a moment.

River: Cupcake?!?

There was a shake of her head before she continued.

River: Like the man said, in two weeks on FFW All Access, you’re going to see me step into the ring with a wrestling fundamentalist. With a woman who doesn’t think when you pay for a wrestling show that you should get any extra added value or any other form of entertainment whatsoever. A woman so extreme in her views that she decided to trash all my band’s equipment; who wanted all eyes on her. And you’re gonna see me get my pound of flesh; you’re gonna see me get a receipt as she pays the bill for doing what she did and that Australian Airbag will get what’s coming to her. She’s going to find out that she’s bitten off a whole lot more than she can chew.

She smiled.

River: And that’s just going to be the start. It’s official, the paperwork is all signed, the ink is dried and it’s all been stamped, notarised and filed away. Thanks to Adam Grant’s understanding and after some tough negotiations, I’m now part of the Future Shock roster.

DOC: That’s right! And we’re done here, I’m gonna go to Adam and see about both a raise and making this match the main event of the show in San Fran…. I mean Sheffield? Yeah, Sheffield. It’s obvious to DOC that this should close such a big show, because we all know of River’s ties to the people of Sheffield. Practically a daughter there, you know!

River: Well...I mean...yeah, I guess I might be. Given all the amazing musicians that have come out Sheffield like Def Leppard and Pulp and the Arctic Monkeys. So in a way, given that music is a universal shared experience...sure, I’m just like a daughter of the people of Sheffield.

DOC: Right on, sugarplum! C’mon, let’s go see the bossman about that raise. I think you’ve proven your value already!

He gave her a wave before he headed off camera. 

River: Cupcake...Sugarplum… I’m gonna end up killing him sooner or later…

It was on River’s annoyed expression that the show headed elsewhere. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 10:26:51 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 09:01:43 pm »

Future Shock returns from the commercial break with the dazzling Jessica Anderson back in the ring with a microphone in her hand. 

Jessica: The following contest is scheduled for one fall to a finish. 

Zack: The road to Sheffield isn’t easy no matter which side of the Nova Championship match you’re on. Arabella had her trial before the break, and now it’s Katie’s turn to meet up with a familiar opponent also from the Matriarchy. 

Claire: You’re right Zack, the Kicking Kiwi has a trial of her own to face in Jacqui Minogue. And we’ve seen that Jacqui can be absolutely deadly inside that ring. She’s made absolutely no secret of the fact that she wants the Nova Championship for herself - a win tonight and she’ll put herself right at the forefront of contention.

As the intro of “Superstar” by 95 TurboSol blares into the arena, generating thunderous reaction from the crowd, a lightshow of blue and white lights ignites the stage area and ramp and flashes continuously across both areas, bearing a striking resemblance of a futuristic spaceship setting. At the same time, smoke emerges from the bottom of the stage and fills the area.

Then, as the song begins, Jacqui Minogue emerges through the smoke and stands on stage, her hands on her hips as she scans through the environment and eventually the ring while the crowd continues to shower her with their reaction.

Jessica: Making her way to the ring, representing The Matriarchy...weighing 140 pounds…from Melbourne, Australia…She is “The Perfect Storm”…JACQUI MINOGUE!!!!!

Jacqui then comes down the ramp toward the ring with her arms extended outward and sporting a cocky demeanor. When she reaches the ringside area, she stands there taking in the atmosphere of the arena as the fans continue to show their reactions. She then climbs up the apron, wipes her feet on the apron, and enters the ring, Jacqui strides towards two opposite ring posts in where she climbs up and extends her arms out and then shortly shows off her trademark triangle hand signal, to represent her faction, all while looking on with a smirk and posing to the crowd with complete confidence. She’s taking in the atmosphere while the crowd reaction continues and the cameras flashing.

After going through her ritual, Jacqui climbs down and makes her way towards the corner to take off her jacket and then readies herself as she waits for her opponent to arrive.

Zack: This is almost a rematch from the Sydney show where we crowned the first Nova Champion, minus one Arabella Townshend. Jacqui’s gonna fight the music in Sheffield, but try to settle a score with Katie here. 

Claire: She definitely has her work cut out for her tonight though. She’s going to need to be at her strongest, her most powerful and her smartest if she wants to walk into Sheffield with a victory behind her.

The lights dim, until only a couple spotlights are lit, swirling through the arena to an anticipatory murmur from the audience, as Forever Still’s “Awake the Fire” begins to play through the PA. The first few seconds of guitar riffs are met with just the spotlights, but when the beat picks up, the curtains pushed aside in either direction, and Future Shock’s resident Kiwi, Katie Hanley, bursts through the curtain, pumping one fist before throwing her arms up over her head and cracking a big grin as she moves to the head of the entrance ramp.

She takes a quick little skip of a first step, shuffling her way down the ramp and slapping hands with anyone she sees looking for a high five, even stopping about halfway down and having a little talk with one of the younger fans in the front row. The Kiwi’s grin gets even bigger as she ruffles the young fan’s hair, that half-skip pushing her back toward the ring, which she makes a remarkably quick sprint around, happy to still slap hands with anyone interested, until she’s back at her own starting point, in front of the ring steps. 

Jessica: Introducing her opponent, weighing in at 128 pounds and hailing from Wellington, in New Zealand, this is Katie Hanley!

Katie pauses at the steps and takes a deep breath, then quick-steps up onto the ring apron, taking a second to strike a pose, flashing her usual peace sign, with her tongue stuck out just a little bit, a wink added to someone in the front row before she climbs into the ring, again throwing her arms up over her head, shouting something into the crowd before backing into her corner.

Zack: If you watched the After Shock with Katie as co-host, you could see everything you needed without hearing a word whenever Katie looked down at the Nova Championship. She wants it back, and to make history again with it. But Jacqui doesn’t care about Katie’s wishes, she’s looking to make an example of her before facing off with River in 2 weeks. 

Claire: Katie’s driven and determined and she kicks like a mule. Tonight is a big opportunity for her to double down on what she achieved in Sydney and lay down a marker in her hunt to become the first ever two time Nova Champion!

Referee Stephen Wilson checked both women for weapons as Jessica returned to the timekeeper’s table. He called for the bell a split second after Jacqui immediately went on the attack. Katie tried to dodge out of the way, but didn’t make it before Minogue drove her back into the corner and started driving shoulder thrusts into her body. She managed to knock the wind out of her before she whipped her across for the ride. Katie rebounded just as Jacqui ducked her head, allowing the Kiwi to roll over her back and land on her feet. When Minogue turned around, Katie caught her with a spinning roundhouse kick that sent her stumbling backwards into the ropes. Hanley followed her in with a shotgun dropkick to the chest that sent her through the ropes to the floor before the former champion started pacing back and forth in the ring. The Boston crowd was loud in support of her as Jacqui got to her feet on the outside, and was trying to get her bearings. 

Zack: That’ll happen when you try to jumpstart the match, Claire! And those feet of Katie Hanley’s have already come into play, and knocked the hell out of Jacqui. 

Claire: Jacqui should’ve kept her a little bit closer for a little bit longer. Instead she’d given Katie just enough space for her to start to unleash those educated feet upon her.

Katie didn’t give her long though before she took off towards her, using a baseball slide under the bottom rope to catch her in the chest. Jacqui stumbled back into the barricade before Katie aimed and fired with a savate kick to her stomach that doubled her over in pain. Hanley hopped up on the apron for a scissor kick to the back of her head, and a guillotine leg drop to the back of her head when she made it to all fours. 

Zack: Feet AND legs, Claire! Look at Katie go with this flurry! Jacqui opened up a buzzsaw that she couldn’t control, and Hanley’s looking as sharp as I’ve ever seen with Arabella waiting for her in Sheffield!

Claire: You know Arabella is watching closely and taking notes to make sure she doesn’t fall into the same trap Minogue did in the opening exchanges tonight.

Katie pulled her opponent to her feet, and rolled her back into the ring. She slid in after her as Jacqui was trying to get up again, and caught her with a knife edge chop to her chest. Four more landed in a row before the Kiwi whipped her across for the ride. Minogue bounced off the near side into a bicycle kick from Katie, who grabbed her before she could fall down into a fisherman suplex with a bridge! Wilson slid into position immediately. 

Zack: Jacqui never even got out of the blocks hardly, and Hanley’s pitching a shutout! 

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Jacqui kicked out after the two, and Katie quickly got back to her feet and started waving here adversary to get back to her feet as the Boston crowd was louder still in support of her. 

Claire: This might be a mistake here. She’s giving Jacqui an opportunity to take a moment or two and get her bearings. If she manages to catch hold of Katie, the story of this match could change drastically.

Jacqui was barely to her feet before Katie pulled her into position to connect with a butterfly suplex. A cheerleader leg drop to the chest followed that before Katie took off for the ropes. She used them for a springboard into an Asai moonsault that landed perfectly on target, and then rolled back to her feet. Hanley went to the corner, tapping her toe on the mat as Jacqui struggled to get back to her feet. 

Zack: Katie’s set and ready, and I think she’s looking for the ONE KICK already! Minogue has been rocked, and Katie’s becoming an odds on favorite to make history in 2 weeks like this!

Claire: IF she connects here and now, this would be a HUGELY impressive victory over a dominant force like Jacqui Minogue!! But that’s still an IF.

Jacqui finally got her legs under her before Katie rocketed towards her with her hopping superkick in mind. But Minogue ducked out of the way to avoid the contact, and followed up with a chop block to the back of her knee before she could turn around. Hanley collapsed to the mat as Jacqui grabbed her left foot, and started relentlessly driving her knee into the mat like a railroad spike. Eight shots landed before she let go, and Jacqui took a moment to gather herself meanwhile. 

Claire: Minogue telegraphed it and got out of the way at the last second!! And look at her go Zack!! It’s like John Henry driving home rail road spikes!!

Zack: Jacqui’s very adept at creating openings for herself, and that was a prime example. She knows that ONE KICK well enough, and could almost feel it coming. 

Katie clutched her knee in pain on the mat as Jacqui finally got her wits about her. The Aussie dragged her leg across the bottom rope before leaping up to crash down on that knee with her body weight. Twice more she did this before Jacqui dragged her back to the center of the ring. The brunette stomped away at her knee a few times before stepping through to apply a figure four leglock in the center of the ring. Wilson dropped down to ask Katie if she wanted to stop the match, but it was clear she didn’t as Jacqui propped up on her elbows telling her to quit.

Zack: Jacqui’s showing excellent ring awareness. She made sure to get Katie away from the ropes, and now she’s gonna punish her in this figure four. Katie’s got a long haul to get to any of the ropes now.

Claire: I can’t imagine Katie’s going to quit...but if Jacqui keeps on punishing her knee the way she is then it might be smarter to quit. The last thing she wants to do is head to Sheffield and the Nova Championship match with one bad wheel underneath her.

Jacqui continued to berate Katie as she kept the submission applied. The referee checked again to see if Katie wanted the match to end, and was still getting the same answer. Hanley started looking around for the ropes, seeing that none of them were in close range. Instead she started using her hands to try to pull them both towards the ropes. She pushed up on her hands and pulled them both a couple inches, but the pain was too much and she had to stop for a moment. Jacqui glanced around at her surroundings and used her own strength to pull them back to the center. 

Claire: Herculean effort by Katie but it only got her a couple of inches closer to the ropes. And Jacqui undid all of her hard work like it was nothing. Hell, Minogue could be on a beach sipping cocktails right now.

Zack: Jacqui’s had plenty of time to regroup, and that power advantage is working wonders for her in the process. This is basically a rest hold for Minogue, but far from it for Katie. 

Katie’s hands pressed to her face and through her hair for a moment as the pain was intensifying the longer she was in it. Hanley glanced around again to find the ropes, and tried for a second time to pull them towards with it with a burst of speed. She got a little farther this time before she had to stop, but they still weren’t close enough. This time, Jacqui didn’t pull her back but instead started dragging her around about a quarter circle to put her closer to the ropes instead. As the referee dropped down to ask Katie again about stopping, it was clear why Jacqui did it when she reached up and grabbed hold of the bottom rope for more leverage.

Zack: Jacqui Minogue is a ring general, and knows how to use the real estate between the ropes to her advantage. See how easily she moved herself to the ropes instead, and now she’s really pouring it with the help of the middle rope.

Claire: I’m sure she’d tell you that as long as the referee doesn’t see it, it’s all completely legal and all helps her take away Katie’s most effective weapons at the same time.

Katie shouted in pain as Jacqui had a firm grip of the middle rope. Wilson asked her if she wanted to quit, but still got the same answer. Meanwhile, Jacqui was shaking the rope behind his back. The referee FINALLY glanced around to see what Jacqui was doing, and immediately demanded a break. Minogue released the hold on four before Minogue got to her feet. She grabbed Katie’s feet, and pulled her back to the center again. 

Zack: Jacqui got all she could hope for out of that figure four, except a submission win. But it looks like she’s gonna put her right back into it again. 

Claire: If she manages to lock it in a second time I don’t think Katie’s going to have it in her to fight out of it or get to the ropes a second time… unfortunately.

The centerpiece of the Matriarchy looked out over the crowd, waving her fingers as if to soak in their anger towards her. It brought a smile to her face as she looked down to Katie, telling her they were going to school again. But when she reached down to grab her, Katie surprised her by pulling her forward and locking in a triangle choke instead! The Boston crowd got loud again as they chanted Katie’s name, while Jacqui immediately began trying to grab onto anything. But due to her own actions, she was in the center of the ring with no ropes nearby!

Claire: Jacqui’s caught!!! Right in the middle of the ring in one of the most deadliest chokeholds in the game!! The fat lady is warming up Zack and she’s preparing to sing Jacqui a lullaby!!!

Zack: And the kicker is she put them in the center of the ring, almost like Minogue got hoisted on her own petard there! 

Jacqui struggled to get free, and couldn’t seem to break Katie’s grip. She reached all around with both arms to try to find the ropes, but none were nearby for her. Wilson checked for a submission as Minogue’s arms began to move a little more slowly now as the hold took effect. Katie held on as tightly as she could before the referee started checking Jacqui’s arms. He only got two lifts of it though before Minogue got her feet under her, and showed amazing strength as she picked Katie up off the mat into a sitout powerbomb. That broke the hold as both women ended up looking up at the lights as they tried to recover. Wilson began his mandatory ten count.

Zack: How STRONG is Jacqui Minogue?! She picked up Katie, and powerbombed her way out of the choke! Now both of them are trying to find second gear.

Claire: Just like the other two members of the Matriarchy, she’s scary powerful. I hope River saw that because she’s going to have to find a way to overcome that power when they collide in Sheffield two weeks from now!

Wilson made it to a six before Katie sat up, even though she was slumped over and taking in deep breaths. The Kiwi crawled towards the ropes, and used them to help her get to her feet. As soon as she tried to put weight on her left leg, she nearly collapsed again. But she grabbed onto the top rope, leaning against it to keep her up while Jacqui was beginning to rise now. Katie pulled herself along the rope towards the corner as the Aussie went to get her. Jacqui caught a mule kick in the stomach when she tried to grab her, but ended up grabbing her left leg for a dragon screw leg whip instead. Hanley grimaced in pain on impact. 

Zack: Katie’s having to use the ropes to stay upright, and it’s damn hard to put together a lot of offense when you can only stand on one leg. 

Claire: That’s the impact of Jacqui’s figure four from earlier. Katie’s pretty much handicapped right about now and has to do everything she can to put this one to bed. Otherwise, this contest is just going to swing further and further in the Aussie’s favour.

Minogue leaned down, wrapping the back of Katie’s leg around her neck before standing up again. With Katie dangling upside down, Jacqui applied a stretch muffler submission this time. The Kiwi was almost paralyzed in pain as she was hung by her own knee upside down with Jacqui holding tightly on her feet. Wilson asked her to stop the match, and Katie’s hand started waving over the mat as though she were seriously considering it. 

Claire: Look at the agony on her face Zack!! You can tell just how badly she’s hurting but she’s still loathe to tap out, no matter how much it diminishes her chances of walking into Sheffield healthy!

Zack: In all the time she’s been in Future Shock, I have never seen Katie tap out to anyone. But I’ve also never seen anyone make a better case for being the first one to make it happen than Jacqui either.

Katie tried to lunge for the ropes that weren’t that far away, but she couldn’t get very far because Jacqui wasn’t budging from where she stood. The referee checked again as Katie shook her head ultimately about stopping the match. The Kiwi instead latched onto Jacqui’s leg and began doing something with her boot. Minogue glanced down to see what Kat was doing as she had the hold applied. She was untying it! The Kiwi pulled the laces out and caused Minogue’s boot to hang open right before she lunged for the ropes again. Jacqui lost her balance this time, and stumbled forward and let go of Katie in the process. 

Claire: That was either exceptional strategy from Katie or total desperation!! Either way it looks like it’s worked perfectly for Katie. So long as she can put Jacqui down!

Zack: You’re seeing why Future Shock has a roster second to none! These women aren’t developmental, but they are damn sure the future!

Katie got to one knee against the ropes as Jacqui was quickly trying to get boot laced up again. The Kiwi pulled herself to her feet, leaning on the ropes as she looked back to Jacqui with a look of determination before she launched towards her with her hopping superkick!

Zack: THE ONE KICK TO RULE THEM ALL!!

She caught Jacqui flush on the jaw with it, causing the Aussie to crumble to the mat before Katie dove across her for the cover. Wilson dropped into position to count as the fans joined in with him.

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

The referee called for the bell to a pop from the crowd. Katie rolled off the cover to sit up and clutch her knee tightly in pain. 

Claire: SHE’S DONE IT!!! SHE CAUGHT HER WITH THE ONE KICK AND IT’S LAID OUT THE POWERHOUSE!!!

Jessica: Your winner by pinfall………………. KATIE HANLEY!!!

Zack: That was absolutely brilliant! Katie untied Jacqui’s boot, and it set up everything that Hanley needed to follow!

Hanley got her hand raised before she rolled out to the floor. Katie used the barricade to get back to her feet as some of the ringside fans tried to help her. 

Zack: I think that is one for the highlight reel for Katie. It looked like more than once that it was all over but the crying. She’s got 2 weeks to rehab that knee, and attempt to become a two time Nova Champion…. A first in Future Shock history if she can do it. 

Claire: Two weeks isn’t as long as it sounds Zack, but we all saw her heart and courage and determination tonight. Jacqui came so close to a first of her own; so close to getting Hanley to tap out, but it just wasn’t to be.

A trainer headed down to the ring, and put Katie’s arm over his shoulder as he helped her towards the back as the show cut elsewhere. 

Sometimes You Need Family

The next time we see Sara, she’s with Carys McFarlane, just as she said she would be earlier in the night. A short clip of Bri explaining how Carys would get a match with the Sisters is shown before we go back to the live show. 

Sara: Earlier tonight as you just saw, Carys, I had a chance to check in with Future Shock’s Executive Assistant Brianna Singer. She wasn’t interested in putting you into a handicap match against the Doomsday Sisters in Sheffield. My guess is that’s out of concern for your safety, but she said you could have a partner to face them. Anyone you wanted on the roster who wasn’t already booked. I’d say that sounds fair, what about you?

There’s a scowl on Leighan’s face when Sara begins speaking, and by the time she’s finished, it hadn’t moved anywhere.

Carys: With the greatest of respect to those in management for Future Shock - both people I quite like, really - if they had been that concerned about wrestler’s safety then the match wouldn’t have happened in the way that it did to start with. So that logic is a bit skee-wiff as we say back home at best. So I don’t necessarily think that it is fair to come out with this now, when the damage has already been done. I’m not an angry person, Sara, let me be clear on this. But for the match two weeks ago to happen as it did and then this to be said now...no, I’m pretty fed up, to be nice about it. However...so far as the rematch goes, I do have someone in mind already.

Sara: Well that’s very good to hear. There’s a lot of very talented women on this roster, several of whom I’m sure would be more than happy to join you and be part of the Sheffield event at the same time. Who was it that you had in mind? 

Carys: Well, you’d be right in saying that there are a lot of people on this roster with immense talent and I would enjoy teaming with the majority of them. That said, I don’t actually know that many of them to a degree where I feel that I could have a match and be in the same corner as them. That’s not a slight on any of the roster, by the way. But when it comes to things like this, I want someone I know, that I can trust. So for that reason I’ve asked my cousin, who recently joined the Future Shock roster to stand with me on this one: Leighana.

Sara: That’s a pretty big way for her to debut here on a major event like this. Are you at all concerned about her having any ring rust? She has been out of action for a few months, and this is a high profile situation she’ll find herself in right out of the gate. 

Carys: I’ve been working with Leighana and Christian behind the scenes since before she signed the contract, so in that regard I’m fairly confident that any rust she has will be minimal. I’m not going to deny that it’ll be there, but the way she’s been working doesn’t give me cause for concern. With the profile of the match though, my family tends to be pretty good at dealing with those matches, so that helps with it as well.

Sara: That sounds fine to me. It’s now official, fans. At the Sheffield Showdown, it’ll be the Doomsday Sisters meeting Carys McFarlane and the debuting Leighana in her very first match in Future Shock! What a way to make your debut for her! Thanks for your time tonight, Carys. 

A graphic showing the new match added to the show in 2 weeks on FFW All Access is seen before Future Shock heads to a commercial break.

Sydney’s Ally? 

As the show comes back from the break, we see none other than Sydney Christensen outside her locker room on her cell phone talking to whoever is on the other end. 

Sydney: Yeah, I know. I was totally fine with just facing Cassie in Sheffield, but then Adam has to go and add little miss Shelbi to the equation. It’s almost as if he has some sort of vendetta against me. Oh I totally agree. My focus isn’t on Adam Grant...yet, at least. My focus is on Sheffield and showing Shelbi and Cassie just who the hell I am and what the hell I am capable of.

She starts to pace a little back and forth as she listens and continues.

Sydney: The ONLY potential fly in the ointment is now Lilly Arthur has been appointed as the guest referee. I get that he’s looking at pandering to the crowd with their favorite hometown daughter or whatever, but he could have at least chosen the BETTER of the siblings. You know what? You are right. This is pretty much a glorified three on one match. Lucky for me, I’ve got my little friend with me.

In her free hand is her now trademark Louisville Slugger, now customized with the red and white of the flag of her home country of Canada  as she smirks while she listens and then responds.

Sydney: Did you hear the news? Guess who is part of the Impact show in April? You know, I always knew that Brianna was the real brains behind Future Shock, and she just proved that tonight. Absolutely. I’m just glad this isn’t a tag team event, because the thought of teaming with Arabella is enough to make me want to jump out of the nearest window.

This all continues till she spots the camera recording her, and heads towards it with the bat before the show immediately cuts away.

Mikayla Magic

After the break, the first thing the viewers see is Jake and Mikayla Stone standing outside the office of the Future Shock Direction. Jake seems eager as he knocks on the door, and gives Mikayla his attention.

Jake: After your big win last time, I think it’s time to make your intentions clear and maybe even get you a championship match out of the whole thing, if we can. That’s the stretch goal if this were like a Kickstarter campaign.

Mikayla: I’m not gonna lie, I would loooooove to get into a championship match… but do you really think it will be as easy as knocking on the door and saying I want one? I’m not so sure. 

Jake: Well if there’s anything I’ve learned from more than a few exes, you never know unless you ask! So I figured that--

He stopped as Adam stepped outside the door and closed it behind him. He gave the pair a curious glance. 

Adam: Howdy. Something I can do for either of you?

Jake: Why yes, yes there is! As the unofficial advocate for one Mikayla Stone, we would like to see about getting her into a match for the Nova Championship! I know Katie and Arabella are gonna meet for it in Sheffield, but one of them is gonna have to defend it. And I think Mikayla would be a fantastic choice for that!

Jake gestured towards Mikayla, almost like he were presenting her for the first time despite the fact both he and Adam knew her pretty well at this point. The youngest of the Stone witches nodded her head enthusiastically. 

Mikayla: I’ve been working really hard as you probably already noticed. And that was a pretty big win I got myself in my last match. I’m ready, bossman!

Adam: I’m sure you are. And I’m also sure you know that the Nova division is probably the most packed one in Future Shock right now with a lot of women wanting that shot. 

Jake: You have a point, but--

Adam: Let me finish, alright. I’m happy to let Mikayla here earn a shot at it. One win in the division doesn’t make a championship match for me. But how about an opportunity to EARN a shot at the title? Would that work? 

Jake stroked his chin, and looked back to Mikayla since it was more her shot than his after all. 

Mikayla: That works. That works really well. I’m not scared of a bit of hard work. Bring it on, bossman. Who do I need to beat? I’ll take on whoever you put me in front of, just let me show you. You won’t regret it. 

Adam: Done and done. I want you to pay extra close attention to the triple threat match in Sheffield in a couple weeks. Because the winner of that match will be your opponent to determine a shot at the Nova Championship. So it could be Cassie Mason or Shelbi Lynn Carter or … Sydney Christensen. 

Jake: Hmm. If it’s Sydney, can we request all bats barred from ringside maybe? She seems to be really fond of hers. 

Adam: If it comes to that, I think we can work something out. And if it’s Cassie or Shelbi, then you can totally focus on either of them without worry of sporting goods getting involved. 

Mikayla: If it did happen to be Sydney, I’d just bring my sisters to ringside. That way if she tries to unleash one of her bats, they can unleash a few of the flying variety. That should make her think twice. 

The young witch grinned and gave an exaggerated wink. 

Jake: I like that plan! But I’ll still be cheering on either Cassie or Shelbi. They seem like much nicer girls to me, at least compared to Sydney.

Mikayla: You’re not kidding. They seem much nicer than Sydney, but then again, Cruella De Vil seems nicer than Sydney!

Adam: Well then, you know what lies ahead. It won’t be easy no matter who it is, but I think there’s a case to be made for whoever wins that match and you. 

He gave Jake a pat on the arm, and headed back into his office. Jake looked back to Mikayla with a shrug.

Jake: Well it’s not a championship match like I had hoped for, but it’s just one step from one. So that’s good, right? 

She beamed a dazzling smile at Jake and nodded her head again. 

Mikayla: It’s better than good, Jake! It’s awesome! Whoever wins that match I’m going to make sure I earn my chance to be Nova Champion. 

The two head off to tell her sisters before the show cuts back to the ring for the next match. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 10:29:00 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 09:02:06 pm »

Future Shock returns from the commercial for the upcoming Sheffield Showdown in two weeks only on FFW All Access, and finds Jessica in the ring once more. 

Jessica: The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall, and the winners will challenge the Raging Dragons at the Sheffield Showdown for the Future Shock Tag Titles!

Zack: It’s main event time, and the stakes don’t get much higher for the two teams we are about to see. Su and Jenny will be watching closely as they either prepare for a rematch with Laurie and Jane… or a whole new challenge in the wildly successful pair of Alessandra and Nadia. 

Claire: These two teams know each other very well indeed and for both teams the stakes could not be higher tonight; they both want what the Raging Dragons have and this is their ticket to getting one step closer to that. 

The lights go out for a couple of moments before “Paradise Circus” by Massive Attack begins to play cause the lights to flicker on and off randomly over the crowd. After a couple of seconds of this, a single spotlight appears on the entrance ramp to illuminate Laurie Jane; the brunette stood there in glittering metallic blue, tights and matching top with the initials ‘LJE’ emblazoned down the leg and across the chest in gold lettering. A step behind her, taking up the exact same pose is her partner - in matching ring gear but with an all black hooded sweatshirt covering her torso. 

Jessica: Ladies and Gentlemen… Please welcome… THE LAURIE JANE EXPERIENCE!!!

The pair slowly made their way down to the ring, climbing the ring steps one after the other as Laurie entered the ring and stood in her corner. As Laurie performed a couple of last minute stretches, Jane stayed on the apron and removed her sweatshirt before she gave Laurie a final pep talk; the brunette trying to subtly shrug off and ignore the blonde behind her as she looked to be trying to focus on the match in front of her.

Zack: I’m positive that the Experience learned a whole lot from their previous match with the Dragons in January. But like everything else, you have to earn your chances in Future Shock. And I don’t envy them with the recent wave of momentum their opponents have enjoyed.

Claire: It’s been the hallmark of the Laurie Jane Experience so far - they’ve seemed to learn from every setback and every defeat they’ve had and come back stronger. It’s certainly something that they have to do tonight to stand any chance against the surging Target Acquired.

The curtain opens and Nadia Beaulieu and Alessandra Esposito appear as ‘Chase You Down’ begins to play around the arena.

Ooh Ooh
Don't let it slip away
Ooh Ooh
Don't let it get away

The two girls stand back to back and make ‘guns’ with their fingers. The raise them up and move them side to side to take their aim until the finally find their target directly in front of them. In perfect unison they make a motion as if firing and then lower their ‘guns’ with a satisfied nod, turning to face the ring when they have.

Can you hear me right now
I got your number
And I'm callin' you out
With liquid courage
I can beat all my doubt
There's not another
So I'm chasin' you down

They both take off towards the ring at a run, with Nadia reaching it before Alessandra. Nadia climbs the steps, while Alessandra hops straight up onto the apron when she catches up.

Chasin' you down
Can you see me right now
I'm comin' closer
Think I figured you out
Not like the others
You don't blend with the crowd
I've blown your cover
Now I'm takin' you down
Takin' you down

Jessica: Introducing at this time, ALESSANDRA ESPOSITO and NADIA BEAULIEU…..They are…...TARGET ACQUIRED!

Can you hear me right now
I got your number
And I'm callin' you out
With liquid courage
I can beat all my doubt
There's not another
So I'm chasin' you down
Chasin' you down

Nadia climbs up onto the turnbuckle while Alessandra hops up to sit on the top rope facing the ramp. Alessandra kicks her feet upwards to roll backwards into the ring landing on one knee. She keeps her head lowered as Nadia somersaults off the top turnbuckle to land on her feet behind her. The two make their finger ‘guns’ again, raising them to their mouths to blow the ‘smoke’ away before Alessandra gets to her feet and the two head to their corner, sharing some last minute words as they await the start of the match.

Zack: I don’t know of any team that ended 2019 any better off than Nadia and Alessandra. They unified two tag titles in SVW, and won the Tag Team of the Year as well. I checked the sportsbook on this match earlier today, and Atlantic City seems to think this is Target Acquired’s match to lose! I wouldn’t write off the Experience at all, but it’s hard to bet against a team with this much momentum.

Claire: You’re right on both counts Zack. Target Acquired finished 2019 in the strongest way possible but they have to build on that, use that as a springboard coming into the new year and try their hardest to keep all that momentum going. After all, in this sport the tide can turn in one moment and you go from being on top of the world to right back down in the bottom of the valley before you know it.

Referee Ashley Pruitt checks all four women as Jessica leaves the ring, and then calls for the bell as Laurie starts for her team. Alessandra and Nadia play rock paper scissors to decide, and Nadia wins that. As Alessandra steps out, both women meet in the center and shake hands respectfully before they lock up together. Nadia seems to be the stronger of the two as she backs Laurie up into the ropes. The referee calls for a break, which Nadia en route to using a hip toss to send Laurie to the mat. Before she can get up again, Nadia drives an elbow into the top of her head followed by two more. She pulls her up into a corner bulldog, driving her head into the middle turnbuckle before she sends her into her team’s corner. Laurie stops herself before she hits the corner though, but turns around into a running forearm from Nadia. She makes the tag as Alessandra steps in. They both use a double arm wringer before taking turns with chops to her chest. They follow that up with a double Irish whip into a flapjack before Nadia heads for the corner. 

Claire: Target Acquired are showing excellent teamwork in the early stages of this match. They’re showing us exactly what took them to the heights they reached at the end of 2019 and why that’s going to be a foundation for greater success in 2020.

Zack: There’s not too many teams that come to mind that are more fluid than these two ladies here. And that’s impressive even more so when you think about the fact that this is still their rookie year, Claire. 

As Laurie tries to rise up to her hands and knees, Alessandra begins using double axe handle blows to her back to try to drive her down. She quickly scoops her up into a rear waistlock followed by a release German suplex. Esposito picks up some speed herself this time as she barrels towards the far side, and catches Laurie with a leaping leg lariat that sends her back into the ropes. Another tag is made to Nadia before they take off to different sides of the ring to come back with a clothesline and chop block combination to sweep Laurie off her feet. Nadia immediately makes the cover as Alessandra heads for the corner. 

Claire: The good old High/Low. It’s a classic and that’ll knock the air out of anyone!

ONE!!!!

TW---!

Laurie kicks out before the two hit the canvas, and Nadia immediately applies a head scissors. She locks her ankles as Laurie struggles to get free, only causing the French beauty to apply more pressure. 

Zack: I always think of that old axiom about where the head goes, the body follows. And Nadia’s looking to sap Laurie’s energy. 

Pruitt checked to see if Laurie wanted to quit, and learned that wasn’t the case. But she was still trying to get free at the same time, causing Nadia to scoot towards her corner on her butt and reach up for the tag. Alessandra came back in again, grabbing Laurie around the waist in a deadlift into a wheelbarrow facebuster after Nadia rolled out of the way. She pulled Laurie back to her feet and lifted her off the mat as Nadia climbed up onto the second turnbuckle from the inside to deliver a flying clothesline before Alessandra drove her into the mat. The French beauty rolled out to the corner, and Alessandra applied a seated side headlock.

Claire: Laurie’s not even come close to getting out of the blocks in this contest! It’s a masterful performance -  a clinic - being put on by Target Acquired tonight. I hope all aspiring tag teams are watching closely and taking notes.

Zack: Alessandra and Nadia each bring their own strengths to the team, and Laurie’s having a hard time adjusting to all these quick tags. Jane may not see any ring time at this rate. 

Alessandra grinded the headlock in as Laurie got back to her feet, still stuck in the hold. She tried to shoot the brunette off, but Alessandra only went a couple steps before grabbing her hair and pulling her back into the side headlock a second time. The frustration was starting to build now for Laurie, who countered out by lifting Alessandra up into an atomic drop that sent her stumbling a couple steps forward. When she turned back around, Laurie fed her a running big boot to the face that sent her through the ropes to the apron. Esposito didn’t hit the floor, but caught the ropes before she fell. Laurie took a second to collect herself, and immediately went to get her, pulling her head through the ropes into a hangman’s DDT followed by mounted forearms to her head. 

Zack: Laurie’s got a little bit of frustration to work out, I think. She found a way out of that headlock, and has been punishing Alessandra ever since. I think I’d look for a tag right now.

Claire: That would be the smart move Zack, she’s taken a beating from the opening bell and now she has an opening, any other team would be looking to get the fresh woman in. But we’ve all noted there’s something a little off between Laurie and Jane.

Laurie pulled her to her feet, and hoisted over one shoulder before she took off towards the corner with a snake eyes. The brunette’s face bounced off the top turnbuckle, sending her staggering backwards before Laurie scaled the ropes like a cat to deliver a disaster kick to the jaw. It flattened the Italian where she stood before Laurie went for the cover with a leg hook.

Zack: Laurie’s picking up the pace now, and that move right there reminds me of her tag partner actually. The Experience may be heading to Sheffield!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Alessandra kicked out in time, and Laurie got back to her feet. Jane shouted for the tag in the corner with her hand out, only for Laurie to glance towards her and take off in the other direction instead. Esposito started to get up, only for Laurie to blaze past her with a running neckbreaker. 

Claire: I guess that’s some progress don’t you think? For Laurie to actually look towards her corner when Jane’s asking for a tag? Even if she didn’t go for it.

More forearms landed across Alessandra’s back before Laurie pulled her to her feet. A series of short knees to the head and body followed before she whipped Alessandra into the ropes. Nadia stretched her arm, and made a blind tag to her partner as Alessandra rebounded into a spinebuster from Laurie. She went for the cover again with a tight leg hook, but the referee refused to count it as Nadia stepped through the ropes. 

Claire: Another tag between Target Acquired...and that’s got to spell out big trouble for Laurie Jane!

Zack: Laurie didn’t notice the tag, and hell, I almost missed it myself! The referee’s not counting because Alessandra isn’t the legal woman!

Laurie looked up to the official as she had the leg hooked, but only long enough for Nadia to surprise her with a curb stomp that drove her face into the mat. She rolled Laurie off the cover, and went for one herself. The referee dropped down to make the count immediately!

Zack: Laurie never saw that one coming, and Nadia definitely made her presence felt with that curb stomp!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOO!!!!

T-NOPE!!

Laurie did kick out, but it was Jane who broke up the cover with a double stomp to Nadia’s back. It caused her to roll off in pain as Jane quickly doubled back to the corner and had her hand out for a tag again. Laurie sat up on her knees, trying to get her bearings as she looked over to Jane leaning over the top rope practically begging for the tag. 

Claire: Laurie has to make the tag! I don’t care how she feels about Jane, there’s no way that she can win this match alone against a team that works as well as Target Acquired does.

Laurie stared at Jane for a moment and started to finally move towards her. But it was the delay that cost her as Nadia caught her with a guillotine leg drop as she was crawling towards Jane. The French blonde scooped her up by the waist, and went for a gutwrench suplex. But Laurie surprised her by driving her backwards into the corner first. A series of shoulder thrusts knocked the air out of her before Laurie whipped her across to the neutral corner. As soon as Nadia hit the turnbuckles, Laurie charged towards her at top speed. She left her feet looking for a codebreaker, but Nadia grabbed the top rope with her hands and Laurie ended up landing on the mat back and head first. Beaulieu tried to catch her breath as Alessandra was back to her feet in the corner, offering a tag to her partner. 

Claire: Desperation offence from Laurie and Beaulieu had it well scouted...She really should’ve made the tag while she had the chance.

Zack: You got that right! And it looks like we’re about to see another tag from Target Acquired. I’ve lost count of how many they’ve had, while the Experience have had none because Laurie won’t tag out!

Nadia made it to her corner, tagging the Italian half of the team back into the match. Laurie was starting to get up, but caught a running kneelift from Alessandra. It rocked her for a second before the brunette planted her head between her legs, and hoisted her up for what looked like a powerbomb. But Laurie started firing right hands into the top of her head, and countered with a hurricanrana that spiked the top of Esposito’s head into the mat. Laurie raised her head, taking in deep breaths as she looked a little glassy-eyed from all she had absorbed. Meanwhile, Jane was bouncing on the bottom rope imploring her to make a tag now!

Zack: Laurie’s got fantastic instincts, and you just saw them! She knew there was nowhere she wanted to go on Alessandra’s shoulders right there, and look at Jane. She’s fresh as a daisy, and pleading with Laurie to let her into this match!

Claire: If she doesn’t go for it, CK might as well start organising travel and hotels for Target Acquired. I can;t see her surviving much longer!

Laurie glanced up to her partner as Jane bounced on the bottom rope and was practically doubled over the top to reach her with her hand out. As Laurie seemed to be debating it, Alessandra was heading towards her team’s corner. Jane waved her forward as Laurie stared at her, and started to move slowly towards her as if she were unsure whether she really wanted to tag her. Meanwhile, Alessandra made it to her corner and got the tag. 

Zack: Laurie doesn’t seem like she’s sure she wants to let Jane into this match for whatever reason. But as we’ve seen, Claire, Target Acquired have no issues whatsoever tagging in and out.

Claire:  She’s about to let another chance going begging too Zack! If she doesn’t trust her, maybe she shouldn’t be tagging with her at all!!

Laurie finally seemed to make up her mind, and got to her feet to head towards Jane as Nadia bolted in to try to stop her. She grabbed her from behind in a rear waistlock, but Laurie countered with a stunner that bounced the French beauty off the canvas. She dove across her to make the cover as Pruitt slid into position!

Zack: I think she decided to make the tag, but Nadia got to her first! Laurie with one hell of a stunner!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO!

Nadia popped her shoulder off the mat, and Laurie rolled off the cover. She glanced between the downed Nadia and Jane still stretching over the top rope asking to be allowed into the match. Laurie finally headed towards her, and hesitated for a second before tagging Jane!

Claire: FINALLY!!! Laurie makes the smart move and we’ve got Jane, fresh as a daisy and ready to bring the fight to the Europeans!!

The crowd got very loud as Jane bounded over the top rope in sheer enthusiasm. Nadia started to get to her feet again before Jane launched towards her with a Superman punch to the jaw that floored her back to the canvas. She darted towards the corner, and caught Alessandra with a dropkick to the chest that knocked her off the apron to the floor before Jane fell to all fours and started pounding the mat with her fists like a drum, reminiscent of a certain trainer at the Future Shock Center. The fans started stomping along with her as she had singular focus on Nadia!

Claire: I think we all know what’s about to come!! Nadia might not want to comes to her feet just yet cause Jane’s looking for a knockout tonight!!!

The French bombshell did make it to her feet just before Jane rocketed out of the corner with a jumping mid-air knee strike to the temple that dropped Nadia immediately. Strode pounded the mat with both fists, totally fired up as she saw Alessandra make it back to the apron. She went to greet her with a rolling koppu kick to send her back to the floor again. Strode nipped up to her feet as the crowd was getting louder still!

Zack: Misty Whitmore’s smiling somewhere right now! And Jane is a one woman wrecking crew! She’s taking on both members of Target Acquired, and making it look easy! Why on Earth would you not want to tag her?!

Claire: I mean...I suppose there’s an argument… maybe…. That the Experience have gone for the old Rope-A-Dope. Laurie takes a beating and tires out their opponents so that Jane can come in to pick up the pieces? Possibly? Pretty high risk though...

Nadia had started getting back to her feet, and Jane pulled her into a front facelock. She snapped off triple vertical suplexes, rolling through each one before the fourth turned into a brainbuster. Jane was amped as she listened to the crowd, while her partner was seated in the corner still trying to recover. Nadia once more tried to get to her feet before Jane surprised her with an inverted spike hurricanrana before going for the cover!

Zack: I know who Jane’s been working with at the Center… AD ASTRA!! I don’t believe it, but the Experience is gonna do it!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO.

Alessandra pulled her out of the ring by her feet to the floor, and started unloading forearms into the side of her head. Jane was firing them back, leaving Nadia as the only legal woman in the ring and the referee counting Jane out on the floor. 

Claire: I guess if you’re gonna keep knocking Alessandra from the apron, it’s only a matter of time before she starts looking for a receipt.

Nadia finally made it back to her feet, taking stock of the situation before she took off for the far side. She shouted at Alessandra who dove out of the way before the blonde ran up the ropes for a shooting star press that wiped Jane out on the floor. That also got a roar from the crowd as the pair circled around Jane. They threw her back into the ring quickly before Nadia went for the cover!

Zack: That was breathtaking! From the ring to the floor with that shooting star press, and Target Acquired are three seconds from packing their bags to Sheffield!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Nadia rolled off the cover when she heard three, but the referee spotted Jane’s foot across the bottom rope and waved it off. 

Claire: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jane didn’t know a lot about it but she’s gotten her foot over the bottom rope and has kept this match alive!!

Zack: You’d think the tag titles were on the line tonight! How bad does Target Acquired and the Laurie Jane Experience want to go to Sheffield?! We’re seeing the answer!!

Alessandra started to get into the ring, only to get snatched off the apron by Laurie. She gave her a spinebuster on the floor as Jane was getting her bearings. Laurie dragged her partner to the corner, and hopped up on the apron to make a tag herself. When Nadia was back to her feet, Laurie caught her with a bicycle knee as she turned around. Jane started to get her bearings and made it back to her feet as they both caught Nadia with stereo superkicks to both sides of her head. They followed up with springboard moonsaults before Laurie made the cover as Jane collapsed in exhaustion to her knees. 

Claire: They might have looked to be on different pages for all the match...But there, they were on the same page, reading the same sentence and it could be all they wrote for Target Acquired!!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Pruitt called for the bell to a pop as Laurie rolled off the cover. She struggled back to her feet, clearly spent as the referee raised her hand and then went to raise Jane’s, who was still taking in big gulps of air.

Zack: Some quick thinking from Laurie right there, and the Experience are going to Sheffield! Tell’em about it, Jessica!

Jessica: Your winners and NEW #1 contenders to the Future Shock Tag Team Championship…...THE LAURIE JANE EXPERIENCE!!

Laurie looked quite happy with herself as she rolled out to the floor, and started to head up the ramp slowly. She turned back to raise her hand again, telling the camera she was going to win the titles in two weeks, meanwhile Jane was slumped against the corner still getting her wind. 

Zack: Laurie’s heading to the locker room, and Jane’s still trying to get her wind back! The Experience showed flashes of teamwork tonight, but they are going to have to be on top form against Jenny & Su. You’d think Laurie might want to go help her partner, wouldn’t you?

Claire: If there’s anything they should take away from the last match with the Dragons and tonight against Target Acquired, they need to work together if they’re going to be successful. So many times tonight, they came so close to coming undone thanks to Laurie’s refusal to make the tag.

Zack: Congratulations to the Laurie Jane Experience, and thank you for joining us! The Sheffield Showdown is 2 weeks away only on FFW All Access! We’re gonna make some history, and we’ll see you there! Sheffield, here we come!

As Laurie celebrates on the ramp and Jane finally starts to exit the ring, that’s when Future Shock fades off the air.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 10:30:56 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: