Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 04:17:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Wrestlemania 36 & Your Thoughts

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wrestlemania 36 & Your Thoughts  (Read 203 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: April 06, 2020, 11:36:39 am »

I know the majority of you likely watched WrestleMania this year, so here's your chance to share your thoughts and reactions on all of it. Which matches did you like? Which didn't you? Were there any decisions that either left you scratching your head, irritated, or cheering? Sound off!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sam
Friends of FFW
Femme Fatale

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 100 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 09:41:27 am »

I actually really enjoyed this Mania, bar a few pesky niggles.

I understand Braun/Goldberg being short, but surely they didn't need to literally copy-paste the plan for the match onto Drew/Brock? Like, if there was ever an environment to turn that match into Big Meaty Men Bumping Meat (tm), surely it was a mandatory empty arena? So much could've been done with that, that just...wasn't.

Also, the women's results. Bar the tag titles, cuz shrug.emoji, but both Becky and Bayley's reigns have been over-long for like 6 months already, and they cut the legs off Rhea for the sake of Charlotte. I half expect Sasha to win the NXT UK Women's title and we get a unification tournament, at this stage.

While not normally my cup of tea, I was fascinated by both the Boneyard and Firefly Funhouse matches. There's a thread going around on Twitter that explains the entirety of the story behind FFH, which is relentlessly fascinating, while the Boneyard was a perfect way to recapture the Undertaker mystique, without forcing a 50+ year old man to beat himself up in actual matches.

Boneyard 2 v. Aleister Black, tho. Seriously.

Edge/Orton, while maybe a tad long, I thought was spectacular. It was a long match that didn't really feel long, cuz I was invested in it, compared to say...Cole/Gargano 2/3 falls. Satisfying ending, especially seeing Edge struggle to finish Orton off, until the lightbulb came on and he remembered what Orton did in this feud.

Overall, I thought it was a great show with a couple hiccups, and I think Vince should learn that Mania needs to be 2 nights from here on. It was SO MUCH EASIER TO GET THRU in this format.
Report Spam   Logged

SOPHIA PIKE
Record: 24-6-2
1x Future Shock Aspire Ring Bearer
1x FFW No Surrender Champion
1x FFW Evolution Champion

GEMMA PIERCE
Record: 7-4-0

KATIE HANLEY
Record: 2-1-0
Savannah Taylor
Staff