Femme Fatale Wrestling
April 18, 2024, 03:45:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

FFW Future Shock Impact 3 - April 21, 2020

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFW Future Shock Impact 3 - April 21, 2020  (Read 572 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: April 21, 2020, 09:44:26 pm »

Live from the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado
April 21, 2020

An asteroid floats through space with the FFW logo on it before the next shot takes us to what looks like the inside of a spacecraft. In this case, it’s a room with what looks like cryo-chambers lined up against opposite walls with women inside them. Next an explorer steps into the room to see them for himself. 

Now this is what it's like when worlds collide
Now this is what it's like

He rubs his hand over the glass bubbles at the top of each of the chambers, seeing women from both the FFW and Future Shock rosters. One he sees is Katie Hanley, another is Valerie McFarlane, and even more as he looks into each to find Arabella Townshend, Missy, and still more. 

What is it really
That's going on here
You've got your system for total control
Now is there really anybody out there
Now watch us suffer cause we can't go

As he walks past each of the chambers, he finds a glowing green button. He tries to read what it says above it, but can’t make it out. Curiosity finally gets the better of him before he presses it, and suddenly the temperature in the chambers drops. Seconds later, they begin to open as he watches with wide eyes.

Are you ready to go
'Cause I'm ready to go
What you gonna do baby, baby
Are you going with me
'Cause I'm going with you
It's the end of all time

One by one, Prospects and members of the FFW roster step and see they are in their ring gear before they look across at one another. They quickly advance on each other about to fight as an alarm sounds and there’s a quick shift into the venue. Fireworks shoot across the arena towards the stage that looks like a space station with two tunnels leading out onto the stage: one with the FFW logo above it and the other with the Future Shock insignia. 

Zack: Welcome to the Mile High City, which will play host to only the third Impact event in Future Shock and FFW history! Thank you for joining us here on FFW All Access, where tonight the FFW and Future Shock rosters show you what happens… when worlds collide!

Claire: We’ve got one heck of a show coming up tonight as the best and brightest in Future Shock meet FFW’s living legends and biggest stars. 

Zack: Six never before seen matches as the Future Shock roster looks to continue their streak against the women of FFW. But I’ll tell you that I don’t think any Impact has been as stacked as this one! Claire, this is your first Future Shock Impact, and I think it’s the FFW roster that has something to prove tonight. 

Claire: Future Shock swept the first of these shows and tied the second; the pressure is on the FFW roster to turn the tide tonight and even up the score. But believe me Zack, that’s easier said than done.

Zack: One match that fans have been buzzing about, in particular, is gonna see Sydney Christensen meeting the wife of the man who she feels is conspiring against her, namely Adam. That’s a surefire way to get under Missy’s skin.

Claire: Which is possibly the worst possible thing you can do against someone like Missy. She’s tough enough to beat when she’s not got that little bit of extra motivation of being pissed off. Sydney could be in for a long night and might need her bat before this one is through.

Zack: Who do you think comes out on top when the reigning Nova Champion Arabella Townshend gets a redo from the last Impact? Only this time, she’s got an Aussie who is known for picking up big wins in Luci.

Claire: I think it’s got show stealer written all over it. Both women are immensely talented, very determined and are hugely competitive. I promise neither of them will go down easily...but I have a feeling Luci might just have enough of an experience edge to pull this out of the bag.

Zack: Mara Werth may have the toughest task of all against a FFW Hall of Famer, and one who has had a hand in helping train her at the Future Shock Center in LA. What a coup for her if she finds a way to get past Valerie McFarlane! We’ve seen Prospects win over Hall of Famers before, namely Tara and Nevaeh from the first Impact. But I suspect this one will be a lot cleaner. 

Claire: Mara’s going to need to find some sort of surprise from somewhere if she wants to win this one against one of her teachers and one of the most experienced women in the business. Werth’s resourceful so I wouldn’t put it past her to have something up her sleeve.

Zack: Dawn Lohan’s issues with the Gold Standard are gonna get revisited tonight when she meets the possible next challenger for the Future Shock Championship, “Sensational” Stacey Sky of the Gold Standard. In either case, you could use the tagline of “blonde ambition” for this match. 

Claire: You really could. Dawn was more than a match for Elizabeth Lannister in the only black spot for the Gold Standard at Relentless and she will be looking to keep that going tonight. She’s going to have to be wary of Stacey’s temper though and would do well not to write off the Sensational One, after all Sky has shown that she can rise to the big occasions and has earned her position in the hunt for the Future Shock Championship.

Zack: One of my favorite Prospects, Katie Hanley, makes her Impact debut. And she’s found herself against another opponent who outmatches her on almost every physical metric in Valentina Lozano. I think she’s gonna have to take a page from a boxer’s playbook, which you’re familiar with. And that’s stick and move. 

Claire: Valentina’s a wiley veteran, she’s seen it all inside a wrestling ring and knows more than a couple of shortcuts if she needs them. Hanley has got her work cut out for her tonight but I’m certain she’ll be more than prepared and have a gameplan ready for the Latin Goddess.

Zack: Since October 2017, there’s only been 4 teams to hold the Future Shock Tag Team Championship. Tonight, two of them meet. And one thing they also have in common is recently coming up short in their respective title matches. I think that’ll make both the Raging Dragons and NHB even more determined here in Denver. 

Claire: Both teams are going to be looking to bounce from disappointment in the best possible way and get the train back on the track and rolling towards future success. This might just wind up being a tag classic for the ages.

Zack: I’ll put you on the spot before we get this show rolling. Which side do you think leaves with the victory tonight? Will it be another win for Future Shock’s girls, or has the FFW roster come looking to restore some pride? 

Claire: FFW have certainly sent out an all-star team tonight Zack and while I’m sure Future Shock will hold their own tonight and might just sneak victory...but my head says the FFW roster takes tonight by a whisker and restores a little bit of pride after the first two Impacts.

Zack: Well we’re about to go on a journey and find out if you’re right. Lexi, take it away!

Lexi steps through the ropes with a grin on her face as she listens to the crowd, and then faces the camera to begin the introductions. 

Lexi: The opening contest of Future Shock Impact 3 is a singles match scheduled for one fall to a finish.

The lights dim, until only a couple spotlights are lit, swirling through the arena to an anticipatory murmur from the audience, as Forever Still’s “Awake the Fire” begins to play through the PA. The first few seconds of guitar riffs are met with just the spotlights, but when the beat picks up, the curtains pushed aside in either direction, and Future Shock’s resident Kiwi, Katie Hanley, bursts through the curtain, pumping one fist before throwing her arms up over her head and cracking a big grin as she moves to the head of the entrance ramp.

She takes a quick little skip of a first step, shuffling her way down the ramp and slapping hands with anyone she sees looking for a high five, even stopping about halfway down and having a little talk with one of the younger fans in the front row. The Kiwi’s grin gets even bigger as she ruffles the young fan’s hair, that half-skip pushing her back toward the ring, which she makes a remarkably quick sprint around, happy to still slap hands with anyone interested, until she’s back at her own starting point, in front of the ring steps. 

Lexi: Introducing first, weighing in at 128 pounds and hailing from Wellington, in New Zealand, this is Katie Hanley!

Katie pauses at the steps and takes a deep breath, then quick-steps up onto the ring apron, taking a second to strike a pose, flashing her usual peace sign, with her tongue stuck out just a little bit, a wink added to someone in the front row before she climbs into the ring, again throwing her arms up over her head, shouting something into the crowd before backing into her corner.

Zack: It’s difficult to find someone who embodies everything Future Shock is about more than Katie Hanley. The first ever Nova Champion may have a small frame, but she has lightning fast agility, and that One Kick of hers has put down virtually everyone who’s felt it. 

Claire: She’s a living embodiment that it’s not the size of the woman in the fight that counts the most. Especially not when you’ve got educated feet and a One Kick that could - maybe should - be registered as a lethal weapon.

The lights go out in the arena.

Suddenly, on the screen, the following video is being played….

A pair of boots is shown walking across the screen. As they stop and turn to face the camera, the intro of "This Time I Want It All" by Pea McGee plays, with the camera pulls back to reveal Valentina Lozano, dressed in her wrestling gear and standing in a dominant pose. Before long, Valentina begins to “levitate” upward, as if she is flying, just as the song drops, ending up…

…rising from beneath the stage, with the lights of the stage and the ramp illuminating in gold while the spotlight focuses on the stage. She’s still standing in a dominant pose, hands on her hips and squinching at the crowd in a look of detest, but nonetheless, ready to take care of business.

Lexi: Making her way to the ring, representing The Privileged Circle, hailing from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, weighing one hundred and thirty-five pounds. She is “The Latin Goddess”…

VALENTINA LOZANO!!!!!!

Valentina then confidently strides her way to the ring, with the spotlight completely focused on her and the arena erupts with a thunderous array of boos from the capacity crowd showering down on her, Valentina is soaking up the reaction, even though she ignores it. Meanwhile, while she’s walking down, Valentina's entrance video is shown on the big screen, profiling her likeness and footage of her in action.

As Valentina reaches the ringside area, she walks up and walks across the edge of the ring. She looks around the arena, not directly seeing the crowd through the darkness, but knowing that they’re out there as she sees the consistent flashing lights of the cameras and the still boisterous reaction from the crowd.

After wiping her feet on the apron and entering the ring, Valentina strides towards two opposite ring posts in where she climbs up and extends her arms out, looking on with a smirk and posing to the crowd with complete confidence. She’s taking in the atmosphere while the crowd reaction continues and the cameras flashing.

After going through her ritual, Valentina climbs down and makes her way towards the corner to take off her robe and then readies herself as she waits for the match to begin.

Zack: I know you are well familiar with Valentina, and you know what kind of raw power she brings to the table. She also possesses a mile wide mean streak, and I suspect she’s going to try to humble Katie as she likes to do with all her opponents.

Claire: Valentina is always very competitive no matter who she faces and has plenty of talent going hand in hand with years of experience. The thing you’ve got to remember about Valentina is that she can beat you in a whole number of ways while she tries to humble you.

Referee Ashley Pruitt checks for weapons, and then calls for the bell to start the match after Lexi is out of the ring. Valentina heads out of the corner and looks around the arena and back to Katie. Letting her know she helped build Future Shock. She also let her know she should thank her, which Katie looked a little unimpressed. Hanley moves towards her as Valentina tells her to thank her for what all she did for Future Shock, giving her a chance to bow in front of her. 

Zack: Valentina’s already running her mouth, and looks like she’s wanting Katie to give her some appreciation for whatever it was she thinks she did to help build Future Shock. 

Claire: I don’t think asking someone to bow down or lay down in front of you has ever worked out well inside a wrestling ring. I can’t imagine Katie is about to change that.

Katie chooses not to do that, and instead the two lock up in the center of the ring. Lozano uses her power advantage to shove her backwards. Katie glances around and locks up with her again, only for the Latina to shove her backwards with even more force. She gets bounced into the ropes, and Katie uses them to bounce off with a running forearm to her head. It stumbles Valentina half a step before she goes for a swing herself, but Hanley ducks underneath it to pop up behind her. Valentina spins around and catches a standing dropkick to the chest that sends her backwards a couple steps until a drop toe hold brings her down to the mat. Katie drops an elbow on the back of her head, and quickly applies a seated side headlock. 

Claire: Katie showing her speed there and coming up with a good combination to send Valentina down. Now Hanley is going to show that wherever the head goes, the body follows.

Zack: It may be the teensiest bit possible that Valentina here came into this match underestimating what Katie can do. If so, she’s in for a big surprise.

The powerhouse doesn’t stay down long though, and quickly gets back to her feet with her head still stuck. She tries to shoot the Prospect off into the ropes, but Katie grabs a handful of hair before she gets far and pulls Valentina back into the side headlock. Before Lozano can fire her off again, Katie instead rams her head first into the middle turnbuckle, dropping her to her knees in the corner. The Kiwi hops up onto the second rope to drop double knees into Valentina’s back to put her face down on the canvas. 

Zack: Valentina didn’t want to be in that side headlock anymore, and Katie was happy to oblige. I’m still trying to work out how Valentina helped build this brand. 

Claire: I wouldn’t worry too much about it, Zack, not considering the source. Besides, if she did help to build this brand then she wouldn’t make the mistake of underestimating anyone that appears on it.

Katie took off towards the far side as Valentina was getting to her feet in the corner. As soon as she turned around, Katie caught her with a corner clothesline before climbing up onto the middle rope to deliver a tornado DDT. She dropped across her with a hook of the leg before Pruitt fell into position to count.

Zack: That speedy offense of the first Nova Champion has served her well, and now she’s looking for three. 

ONE!!

T-NO.

Claire: Lozano’s still got a lot left in the tank. It might have been a little early for Katie to go for the pinfall.

Lozano shoved her off the cover before the two could hit the mat. Hanley quickly rolled back to her feet, and took off towards the far side again. Lozano got back to her feet just as Katie met her with a flying shoulder tackle. It sent her backwards a step, but didn’t take her down. Katie took off a second time, looking for a second until Lozano caught her in midair and countered with a powerslam. 

Claire: That’s all the opening Lozano needed right there. Hanley went to the well once too often and got caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

Zack: Katie should have seen about keeping her on the mat, that’s where Valentina is going to be at her most vulnerable. Certainly not on her feet. 

Lozano sat up on her knees for a moment, and began pelting Katie with straight right hands to her head before getting to her feet. She looked down as Hanley was starting to get to her knees, and a Mongolian chop stopped that. Valentina pulled her up into a bear hug, but instead drove her back first into the nearest corner. She turned, and did it against the next corner. Still holding her up, she hoisted over one shoulder for a running powerslam. 

Zack: Valentina’s introducing Katie’s back to each corner and the mat for a second time. If you want to slow down a faster wrestler, that’s not a bad way to go about it. 

Claire: The two time Global Wars Winner is showing all her experience here and is definitely wearing out her foe in double quick time with this offence.

Lozano put a few stomps into her back before pulling her up again. This time, she lifted her into an over the shoulder backbreaker. Katie’s upper body and legs dangled over Lozano’s shoulder, bending in a bad direction before the referee checked to see if she wanted to stop the match. Katie shook her head, and Valentina started shaking her over her shoulder to increase the pain the Prospect was enduring.

Claire: Impressive Canadian backbreaker rack from the Torontonian as she continues to put a hurting on Hanley’s spine and slow her down. This will definitely take the starch out of you in a hurry.

Zack: You have to have a fair bit of strength not only to use that hold, but to keep it applied. And that’s something Valentina has in spades. 

Katie’s face wrenched in pain as Valentina shook her body, and the Prospect was quickly trying to find the nearest ropes. But Lozano had her near the center of the ring, and she couldn’t reach any of the ropes. Lozano told her to quit as Katie then tried to break her grip, and found that nearly impossible. Valentina bellowed at her to quit again, still finding that Katie refused. Another shake over her shoulder followed that until Katie caught her on the top of the head with an  elbow since her arms were free. That stopped Lozano, but didn’t break the grip. A second elbow landed, wobbling her as Katie was beginning to get free till Valentina transitioned into a crucifix powerbomb. 

Zack: Katie was so close to getting out of that hold, but Valentina had a backup plan. Shades of Luther Thunder over in SVW with that crucifix powerbomb. 

Claire: Katie wasn’t enjoying the backbreaker and probably enjoyed the rough landing even less so. Valentina’s got herself firmly in the driving seat and Hanley’s got to get a little separation in order to try and start using her speed again.

Lozano started to get to her feet, putting a few boots to Katie again before she took off for the far side. The latina came back with a big leaping leg drop to her chest...except Katie rolled out of the way. The Global Wars winner landed hard on the mat before Katie struggled to get to her feet. With the Canadian sitting frozen in pain, Katie started firing kicks into her chest. They got progressively faster before she rebounded off the near side with a knee trembler to the face that put Valentina down. Katie immediately fell into a cover with a leg hook to follow. 

Zack: Katie’s getting her wind back now after Valentina whiffed that leg drop. She might have knocked her into next week!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOO!!!

Lozano kicked out after the two, and Katie rolled away from her. The Kiwi struggled back to her feet, one hand pressed against her lower back for a moment before darting towards the ropes. Lozano made it up as well, and went to clothesline her on the rebound. But Katie ducked, and sent her over the top rope onto the apron. When she made it back to her feet, a shotgun dropkick to the chest sent Valentina to ringside. 

Claire: Hanley showing quick reactions to avoid that clothesline and she’s certainly clawed her way back into this contest. Plus, she’s still got that One Kick in her locker if Lozano’s not careful.

Hanley stayed quick on her feet as she took off for the far side, rebounding into a baseball slide. But Lozano pulled the ring apron out and she got caught behind it, allowing the “Latin Goddess” to unload with furious rights and lefts to the body. A spinning forearm toppled her over the apron and down to the floor before Valentina rolled inside the ring to break the count and then right back out again. 

Claire: There’s the benefit of Valentina’s experience shining through. She saw Katie coming, caught her and is making her pay for it with those furious rights and lefts.

Zack: You got that right! Lozano has seen pretty much everything, and she may be showing Katie a thing or two here tonight, whether the fans like it or not. 

Katie crawled towards the post to help pull herself back to her feet. And Lozano quickly spun her around to start hammering her forearms to the side of her head. A few shots to the body followed that before she leaned back to go for a headbutt….until Katie ducked out of the way. Valentina’s head hit the steel post with a vengeance as Katie dropped to her knees. Lozano went down to the floor like a falling tree. 

Zack: OHH.. she headbutted that steel ring post, Claire! And the post didn’t sell a damn thing! She may be unconscious right now!

Claire: Yeah, no-one wants to headbutt solid steel. If she’s still conscious then she could be seeing double. Either way, she’s in huge trouble and Hanley’s got a massive opportunity.

Katie rolled back into the ring as the referee was up to four with her count. Valentina remained on the floor as the count continued. Meanwhile, Katie was starting to get back to her feet inside the ring, her back still bothering her. As Pruitt got to eight, Valentina was still down and Katie broke the count to go out and get her. 

Zack: I think Katie could have taken it by countout, Claire. Valentina’s still down out here, and she may not even know where she is or what’s going on. I mean she went for paydirt with that headbutt, and only got the post for her troubles. 

Claire: If Katie wanted to, she could have left Valentina out here on dream street and taken the victory, but you know the former Nova Champion would rather win this by pinfall in the middle of the ring.

Katie tried to pull the much heavier Valentina back to her feet, but it was almost dead weight. She finally managed to get her onto the apron, and roll her back inside the ring. The Kiwi slid in after her and sat up on her knees, still with one hand to her back as she tried to sit up straight. The camera then showed the smallest of dents in the post where her head landed.

Zack: Well she got her back in, and I’d just go for the cover right here, Claire. I haven’t seen the first sign Valentina has a clue where she is. And look at that, you can see where Lozano’s head struck the steel! 

Claire: A couple have accused Valentina of being thick skulled and I guess they’ve got proof of it right there. It’s academic for Katie right now - make the cover, get your hand raised and put that feather in your hat.

Katie finally got back to her feet, and leaned against the corner. Her face was wracked with pain as her hand still rubbed at her back a moment before she began waving for Valentina to get up. The “Latin Goddess” wasn’t very fast about doing it. Several seconds passed before she rolled onto her stomach, and tried to get to her feet. But she fell back to her knees again as Katie continued waving her up. 

Zack: I think Katie could have pinned her already and called it a night, but she’s looking for that One Kick of hers! Lozano….she’s just having trouble getting up right here for Katie to go for it. 

Claire: It could come back to bite Hanley. She’s giving Valentina all the time in the world that she might need to recover and get her bearings as she makes it to her feet.

Valentina still tried to make it to her feet. She wobbled on her knees for a couple seconds before finally getting her feet under her as Katie darted out of the corner!

Zack: Lozano’s up, but not for long! Katie’s got the ONE KICK LOCKED AND LOADED!!

Valentina turned just as Katie went for her superkick. But Lozano ducked it, and pulled her as she turned around into a small package. Pruitt immediately dove into position to make the count. 

Zack: SHE WAITED TOO LONG!!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Pruitt called for the bell as Valentina rolled out of the ring, and collapsed to her hands and knees on the floor. She sat up on her knees, pressing her hand to her forehead as the referee rolled out to raise her hand. 

Claire: I’m sure Lozano’s still all with it but she was given enough time to recover sufficiently to duck her foe’s fatal foot and countered!

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall………’THE LATIN GODDESS’ VALENTINA LOZANO!!!

Zack: I thought she might have been goldbricking, but no. Katie gave Valentina a little too long to get her wits about her, and it cost her! Lozano pulled this one out of nowhere!

Lozano struggled to get to her feet, still holding her hand against her forehead as she backed up the ramp and raised her hand in victory once again.

Zack: FFW has scored the first win tonight at Impact 3, and they can thank Valentina Lozano. She’s still not right, Claire. 

Claire: She got her bell rung Zack in the worst way possible and I’m sure she’ll still be feeling the effects in a couple of days time.

A trainer met Valentina as she got to the top of the ramp before the show cut to a commercial for the upcoming Cinco de Mayo show.

What Happened, Jamie?

The words “November 5, 2019 after Future Shock went off the air…” appear on the screen before we see security camera footage. Jamie Winters is shown heading through a hallway with her bag over her shoulder towards the exit before a woman attacks her from behind. The camera makes out it’s Jacqui Minogue as she bounces Jamie’s head off the exit door several times. The newcomer drops to the floor before Minogue opens the door, and puts Jamie’s leg around the doorframe. She begins to slam the door on Jamie’s knee repeatedly, causing her to shout in pain before finally security arrives and Jacqui makes her exit. Trainers arrive next as Jamie clutches her left knee where the door was slammed into it repeatedly. 

When the video ends, we go back to the live show and find the magician with Sara standing by backstage. 

Sara: Ladies and gentlemen, you’ve just witnessed the brutal attack that was perpetrated on November 5th of last year, the same night as Jamie made her debut on Future Shock in the ring. Recently, Jamie returned in a big way and I’d like to say welcome back. 

Jamie: Thanks, Sara. It’s great to be back. The last few months have been… Quite painful to go through, but nothing quite as painful as reliving that moment you just showed again.

Sara: I’m sorry, but I thought our viewers deserved to see and know what put you out of action so soon into your career. It was your in-ring debut that night, after all. We’d come to find out later that Jacqui Minogue has no tolerance for anyone who isn’t 100% a wrestler. She also destroyed band equipment recently of another Prospect because she doesn’t think Future Shock should have anyone on the roster who isn’t 100% totally devoted to this business with no outside interests. Clearly she took offense that you are also a magician.

Jamie: Well, then I guess she’s gonna have to take exception to a lot of people in FFW. I mean… How dare you, Jacqui, come after me, fresh off my first ever match as a professional wrestler, just because I have another endeavor out of the ring? Do you have the least idea how petty and unnecessary this gripe you have with people is? I mean, yeah, good luck going after people like Valerie McFarlane or Claire Black when you have the chance!... Or is it that you only have energy to go after people you think are below you on the totem pole?

Jamie turns to Sara.

Jamie: Do you know what we call this kind of people, especially in this business, Sara? We call that a coward. And if I’m ever given the chance to say that to her face, even if it costs me my knee again, you can bet all your chips that I will. Because that’s what Jacqui Minogue has turned out to be. A big dirty coward.

Sara: She’s also said she believes Future Shock has become a sideshow on Twitter, what with musicians and magicians being part of it. Anything other than strict focus to your craft is seemingly unacceptable to Jacqui, and obviously judging by the video, she’s taken it upon herself to start removing what she feels are sideshow acts from the roster. 

Jamie: If she thinks social media is annoying, that’s a “her” problem. But if she thinks she has the right to target people because of that, then that becomes a bigger thing, and this is something many of us should not and, hopefully, will not take silently. I… I sat for the last 6 months on the sidelines taking care of a busted knee after I had one match. ONE match, Sara. I didn’t even have the chance to show what I’m capable of properly, though I did defeat Ashley Slayton in my debut, and even that was a time too short for people to actually know what I can do. But now I’m back. I’m back and I want to make it up for the lost time. So I repeat: Jacqui Minogue is a bloodless coward. And if I’m given the chance… I’ll rub it in her face. The way only a professional wrestler can do.

The camera gets a close up of the determined look on Jamie’s face before we go back to the ring. 
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 09:45:49 pm »

The smiling Lexi is already back in the ring teasing the crowd a little before she faces the camera and begins the introductions. 

Lexi: The following contest is scheduled for one fall to a finish. 

Zack: Coming right up, I expect a fast-paced high flying fight, not to mention a battle of the 450 splashes both women use as their finishers. I’ve got Stacey’s fellow Gold Standard member, Valerie McKinley, joining me to see this one. Welcome to the booth. 

Valerie: The pleasure is all yours, Zack.

As the opening of ‘Pour Some Sugar on Me’ by Def Leppard starts to play, Kyle Kilmeade steps through the curtain and holds it open. Stacey Sky steps out onto the stage wearing her ring gear which consists of a black bra-style top, with gold trim. A black and gold cheerleader style skirt, and black boots with a gold trim.  

Pour some sugar on me
Ooh, in the name of love
Pour some sugar on me
C'mon, fire me up
Pour your sugar on me
I can't get enough

She stops at the start of the ramp and runs her hands down her sides until she reaches her hips and then stands with her hands on hips for a moment, before she starts moving towards the ring with Kyle walking slightly behind her. 

I'm hot, sticky sweet
From my head to my feet, yeah

As the line hot, sticky sweet plays, she raises her finger to her mouth and tilts her head to one side. Then she sways her hips, lowering herself down at the same time, before popping back up and blowing a kiss from one side to the other. 

Lexi: Making her way to the ring, hailing from Anaheim, California and accompanied by Kyle Kilmeade…………….“Sensational” Stacey Sky

Listen! red light, yellow light, green-a-light go!
Crazy little woman in a one man show
Mirror queen, mannequine, rhythm of love
Sweet dream, saccharine, loosen up
Loosen up

She takes off at a run towards the ring and then jumps up onto the apron, where she immediately drops down into the splits. She leans forwards and grabs hold of her foot, lowering her head so she can roll under the bottom rope, still in the splits. Once in the ring, she moves up to her knees, throwing her head back as she does. She licks her lips and gives a devilish smile out to the crowd. 

You gotta squeeze a little, squeeze a little
Tease a little more
Easy operator come a knockin' on my door
Sometime, anytime, sugar me sweet
Little miss innocent sugar me, yeah, yeah
Give a little more.

As her music starts to fade she gets to her feet and goes to her corner, climbing up, she sits on the top turnbuckle with her legs crossed and shares a few last minute words with her manager on the apron as she awaits the start of the match.  

Zack: I don’t think it’ll be any surprise to the viewers that you are supporting your fellow Gold Standard member tonight even though she’s not on the same roster as you. 

Valerie: You must be new here. Why WOULDN’T I be here supporting Stacey? It’s what we do in The Gold Standard, Zack. We support each other….duh.

Mz Hyde by Halestorm echoes from the loud speaker.

Dawn Lohan pushes her way through the curtain. She stands in front of the entrance way, she takes a moment to soak in the reaction from the crowd. As the music is coursing through the arena she knows she can't delay the inevitable.

Lexi: On her way to the ring, from San Diego, California, weighing in at one hundred and thirty pounds, DAWN... LOHAN

She slowly makes her down to the ring, all business.

She makes her way to the ring steps. When she reaches the top of the steps, she walks along the apron. Grabbing the top rope she pulls back, using the momentum she propels herself forward over the top rope into the ring. She immediately springs up. She walks to the turnbuckle, stands on the middle turnbuckle soaking in the atmosphere. She hops off the turnbuckle and remains in the corner until the match gets underway.

Referee Malcolm Parks made sure neither woman was hiding any weapons as Lexi left the ring. He called for the bell after that, and Stacey moved towards the center. She looked largely unimpressed with Dawn as her opponent approached. Sky waved her hands for her to do something, and Dawn glanced around at the crowd before surprising her with a double leg takedown and raining right hands into her head. Sky managed to shake her off, and get back to her feet just as Dawn caught her with a spinning back elbow to the head that sent her stumbling a few steps. Lohan quickly whipped her across to the far side, and rolled into a ball as she rebounded to spring up with a flying shoulder block.

Zack: Stacey wanted her to do something, and Dawn is more than happy to oblige! This one’s likely to be fast and furious bell to bell, given how much these two like to keep the pace up. 

Valerie: Dawn had better be careful, because a surprise like that is only going to make Stacey mad. I don’t think she’s ready for that.

Dawn grabbed Stacey’s arm, and pulled her to her feet. She kept hold of her hand as she jerked her forward into shoulder block after shoulder block. It kept Sky off balance before Dawn whipped her into the ropes again. This time when Stacey rebounded, Lohan left her feet with a shotgun dropkick that sent her through the ropes to the apron. She bounced on her feet for a second, waiting for Stacey to get up before she charged the ropes and caught her on the jaw with a roaring elbow to send her off the apron to the floor. Lohan smirked with amusement as she watched Kyle head around the corner towards Stacey. 

Zack: Dawn’s got speed to burn, and Kyle may be putting his own well-being in jeopardy right now, at least judging by the look on Dawn’s face. 

Valerie: All Kyle is doing is looking after his client, who took an absolutely unjust elbow to the jaw. There is LITERALLY nothing wrong with that, Zack. 

He helped Stacey back to her feet before a baseball slide to the chest sent her backwards into the barricade. Kyle immediately moved out of harm’s way as Dawn caught Stacey with a knee to the chest as she was slumped against the wall. Lohan quickly pulled her back to her feet, and deposited her inside the ring. She hopped onto the apron, and used the top rope for a slingshot into a splash on the Gold Standard member before hooking the leg for a cover. 

Valerie: Oh come on! Kick out, Stacey!!

ONE!!!

TW-NO.

Stacey kicked out before the two touched the mat, and Dawn quickly followed by driving elbows into the side of her head. When she finally got to her feet, she dragged Stacey with her and fired her across to the far corner. Sky landed back first before Dawn darted towards her with a handspring back elbow….only for Stacey to get her boot up and nail her in the back of her head.

Zack: Dawn really got things rolling, but she didn’t have Stacey worn down enough just yet and got a boot to the skull for her troubles. 

Lohan stumbled forward holding the back of her head until Stacey came off the middle rope with a bulldog. She quickly spun where she landed, and started driving leg drops across the back of her head before getting back to her feet. It was clear by her expression that Stacey wasn’t in a good mood now, and pulled her opponent to her feet into a hair mare. She then stepped on her hair, grabbed her hands, and pulled her up as she tried to rip the hair from her head. Parks gave her a four count before she let go. 

Zack: We haven’t seen Stacey in a Future Shock ring since last fall. And she may have come into this match a little overconfident, which explains how this all began for her. 

Valerie: Stacey knows exactly what she is doing, Zack. Anyone with eyes can see that she is willing to do whatever it takes to win. Dawn should have figured that out by now.

She pulled her up again for another four count before stepping off. Dawn tried to roll away from her, and get to her feet. But when she did, Sky charged her into the corner chest first. A few shoulder thrusts into her lower back knocked the wind out of Dawn before she sat her on the top turnbuckle. Stacey climbed up with her, grabbing a rear waistlock before snapping off a release German suplex. Dawn crashed hard onto the mat before Stacey floated across her to make the cover as Parks moved into position.

Zack: Dawn got launched off the top rope with that German suplex, and Stacey’s looking for a bell!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Lohan managed to kick out at two, and Stacey then applied a crossface submission. She had put one of Dawn’s arms between her legs as she pulled back on her neck, prompting the referee to check for a submission. 

Valerie: Remember what I said about making Stacey mad? That crossface is a sure sign that Dawn has messed up.

Dawn shook her head when asked if she wanted to stop the match, but her facial expression seemed to tell another story. Stacey tried to lean back a little further to apply more pressure as Parks asked again, still getting the same response. The fans were clearly behind Dawn though as she tried to reach for the ropes with her free hand. Stacey saw her hand reaching, and then stretched one of her legs out to push the rope out of reach with her foot. 

Zack: Stacey’s not known terribly well for her ground game, but she’s showing some veteran tactics here. Her leg is a lot longer than Dawn’s arm in keeping that rope well out of reach.

Valerie: Stacey has access to the best training anyone could ask for. She has some of the best training partners right within The Gold Standard. She’s using one of her best features to keep Dawn away from the ropes.

The referee asked once more, and still got the same answer from Dawn. But Lohan did use her free hand to push two of Stacey’s fingers into her mouth to bite them. Sky shouted in pain and pulled her hands free, and shook the fingers that had just been bitten. Dawn rolled away from her, and got back to her feet with the help of the ropes. An angry Stacey bolted towards her, and caught a drop toe hold that hung her across the middle rope. With the wind knocked out of her briefly, Dawn took off for the far side and came back with a tiger feint kick (619) to the face to send Stacey back to the mat.

Zack: I guess Dawn must have had a light lunch, Valerie! And that right there may be the knockout shot she needs to put this away!

Valerie: You literally are the worst, you know that? I mean, has anyone ever told you that to your face before?

Dawn got back to her feet as Stacey rose up on her knees. Lohan immediately moved towards her, and unleashed a barrage of kicks to Stacey’s chest. The crowd counted along with them before she bounced off the near side with a high knee to Sky’s head, dropping her down to the mat. 

Zack: Stacey just felt the LOHAN BARRAGE, and it’s starting to look like Dawn’s record against the Gold Standard is about to improve by 1!

Valerie: You don’t know what you’re talking about. Nothing is over until Stacey decides that it’s over.

Lohan headed for the corner to make her way up top as Stacey was starting to get back to her feet. When she was finally upright, Dawn came off the top rope with a missile dropkick to her chest. The FFW representative took off towards the ropes, using them for a springboard into an Asai moonsault that landed on target before she hooked the leg to make the cover. Parks dropped immediately to count.

Valerie: Oh COME on!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THRE-NOO!!

Stacey got her shoulder up in the nick of time, and Dawn quickly got to her feet. She waved for Sky to get up as well. And when she started to do that, that’s when Dawn took off for the ropes to use them for her springboard forearm smash to the jaw! Dawn headed for the corner once more to make her way to the top rope. 

Zack: She calls that the WONDERFUL FOREARM, and it’s well named! That’s the setup for the 450!

Lohan sailed through the air with swan-like grace before connecting with her 450 splash perfectly onto her opponent. She hooked the far leg for the cover before Parks dropped into position to count. 

Zack: And that’s A NEW DAWN!!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Parks called for the bell as Dawn made it back to her feet. He raised her hand in victory as she looked at Stacey with a small grin on her face. 

Valerie: This is a travesty! Someone needs to go to the instant replay, because it was CLEAR Stacey moved her shoulder up!

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall…………….. DAWN LOHAN!!

As Kyle climbed into the ring, Dawn immediately rolled out to the floor and raised her hands again. That smirk formed on her face again as she backed up the ramp and kept an eye on the ring.

Zack: I think we can safely say that Dawn Lohan has the number of the Gold Standard! That’s 2 wins against them in a row, Valerie!

Valerie: Oh can it, Zack. Dawn Lohan got as lucky as anyone could get. Next time, she’s going to regret this...mistake.

Lohan disappeared to the back, nodding her head to her music before the show headed elsewhere in the Pepsi Center. 

Leighana, Explain Yourself

Upon returning to the back, we find Leighana who gets no shortage of boos from the Denver crowd. She’s joined by her manager, Christian, who is standing behind her with one hand on her hip.

Christian: Ever since Sheffield, I get asked the same question by people when I go through airports or even just go to the store. The question is why did Leighana do it? And I tell them all the same thing. She can speak for herself and tell you why. I’m not her ventriloquist, folks. So would you be so kind as to elaborate once and for all we can all move on? 

He asked before giving her his full attention. Leighana nods her head in agreement, and rolls her eyes rather hard at the thought of having to go through this.

Leighana: I’ve already been confronted by my cousins about this in private, and they know the exact reasons why I did what I did. Something that you lot, frankly, do not need to worry yourselves about seeing as, quite frankly, it’s not only personal, but none of your damn business. There were reasons, not professional ones, and if your name is not on a family tree with mine, you don’t need to worry about it. But let’s say that things have happened that make me wonder why I ever bothered with them in the first place. I believe in an eye for an eye, and if you are not there for me, why should I be there for you?

Christian: And no, I’m not going to talk about it either. Suffice it to say, that familial relationship is severed. If you’re hoping for some big Carys vs. Leighana match, that is never ever going to happen. She doesn’t want it, and I certainly wouldn’t agree or sign for it. 

Leighana: She is not worth it. Maybe once upon a time I might have considered it, but now...no. None of them are worth me considering anything about, and the fact I have got to stand here and defend myself, an autonomous, sentient person for making my own decisions is frankly the biggest load of crap that anyone could come up with.

Christian: It’s not as though at any point in her career did she ever try to make a name for herself off them. She’s never even competed under her actual last name, much less theirs. So what happened in Sheffield is a closed book now. Besides… I’d much rather focus on the future. You guys saw her first Future Shock match, which happened to be Ashley Slayton’s last Future Shock match. So you know what I’m talking about here.

Leighana: Well, she wasn’t up to much, to the point I had no idea who she was before I faced her so it’s just as well that for all I didn’t actually send her packing, I kinda did the job that got her the boot in the end. And that’s fine with me. It’s just a pity that my first match on this roster wasn’t against someone who was actually worth it.

He gave her a little pat on the hip with a smile.

Christian: Don’t worry, those are coming. Look at it this way. You weren’t the welcome wagon for someone who had no talent, you were the bouncer that saved Adam whatever he was paying Ashley from ever having to do it again. And whatever it was, it was too much, in all honesty.

Leighana: Oh, absolutely, but I’ll refrain for giving my opinion on things like that here, it’s not something that I should really have an opinion on, much less give it publicly.

Christian: We’d also like to put fair notice out to Arabella or whoever ends up holding the Nova Championship. That right there is the goal for Leighana, her first title. And after the way she humbled the last opponent, imagine how much better she’s gonna be when she has opponents that aren’t embarrassing!

This brings a smile to Leighana’s face.

Leighana: You’re damn right! And moreover, opponents who are actually worth the time of day! You can bet, by the way, that I would have everything on Arabella getting her ass kicked tonight, all things considered. I don’t rate her opponent all that much, but you can make the argument that she’s still better than Arabella.

Christian: Well according to the format I saw earlier, that match is next out of the chute. What say we go find a spot and see what happens?

Leighana: Fantastic idea! 

As she heads off to do just that, Christian follows her and we head back to the ring for the aforementioned match.

Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 09:47:11 pm »

The response in the arena is a favorable one as they see the next match graphic appearing on the video wall. Lexi heads for the center of the ring, and begins again. 

Zack: I think we’re about to be in for a treat, Claire. Two of the brightest rising stars on their respective rosters are about to meet, and this is definitely a pick’em, as far as I’m concerned. 

Claire: These two certainly have bright futures ahead of them. Future Shock is currently enjoying the Age of Arabella while Luci is already in Fast Track contention and potentially the fringes of the Evolution Championship. Not to mention the Unity Titles after picking up the victory over the Gold Standard alongside Valerie McFarlane.

The sounds of "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol begins to play as purple strobe lights flash on the darkened stage. A woman starts to rise up from under the stage with her back to the crowd before looking over her shoulder with a smile. 

Last night a little dancer, came dancin' to my door
Last night a little angel, came pumping on my floor
She said come on baby, you got a license for love

The fans give her a very warm response as she bounces down the stage to the music, greeting several fans along ringside and even taking selfies with a couple before rolling under the bottom rope. She shucks off her ring jacket as the lights come up.

Lexi: Introducing from London, England....please welcome the reigning Future Shock Nova Champion....ARABELLA TOWNSHEND!!

Arabella gives Lexi a little hip bump as she passes her, and climbs up onto the turnbuckle to rally the fans as her music fades out.

Zack: The Nova Championship is not on the line in this match, fans. Mikayla Stone will be challenging for it two weeks from tonight though. But Arabella can’t be thinking ahead at all right now.

Claire: If Arabella isn’t completely focused on the  here and now, Luci will make her pay for it. That’s all it takes for a woman the calibre of Luci to beat you - one slip, one teeny tiny mistake is all she needs to capitalise and pick up the victory.

“Just Like Fire” strums out of the system, bathing the arena in blue, red and white lights. As the verse is sung, Luci steps out from the back to a pop from the crowd, a smile on her face as she lifts a hand to them. As she drops her hand, Vincent Belmont comes out to join her.

Lexi: On her way to the ring, hailing from Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia, weighing in at one hundred and sixty pounds, please welcome LUCI!

The blonde begins to make her way down the ramp, smiling all the way down. She stops at the bottom of the ramp and takes a step back, then lunges forward and throws herself under the ropes, popping back to her feet. She takes to the middle of the ring where she raises both arms out wide, spins in a circle and then heads to her corner, where she meets Vincent again, the two talking between themselves as the music fades out.

Zack: As many times as she tends to visit Future Shock, Luci might as well be an honorary Prospect. She has been part of more than one of Future Shock’s past events, and is quite thrilled to be part of this one too.

Claire: Luci does enjoy being part of these events and Adam Grant has spoken glowingly of her abilities and talents in the ring. She’ll be a real test for Arabella tonight.

As Lexi left the ring, referee Malcolm Parks checked both women and immediately called for the bell to start the match. The two met in the center, both smiling, and shook hands as a show of sportsmanship. But as soon as they do, Luci immediately takes her down with an arm drag and twist. Arabella quickly gets up with Luci holding the armbar, causing her to bend over to alleviate the pressure. She gives that arm another twist, keeping the bar applied and causing Arabella to drop to one knee as Luci has the overhand wristlock tightly applied. 

Claire: Luci struck first and now she’s exerting control well here with an armbar. It’s good technique on display from the Australian here.

Zack: I suspect we’re going to see a very scientific match from these two. Their technical acumen is already shining through, and we’ve just begun!

Arabella tries to get up from her knee again, only for Luci to go for another full twist of her arm. The brunette’s face tenses in pain as Luci lifts her hand up higher, forcing the Prospect down to both knees as she stands over her with the hold still applied. Townshend stays doubled over as she tries to get to her feet. It works too, and she uses a leg sweep to bring Luci down to the mat. She finally gets free of her, and both women get back to their feet quickly. They lock up, and Arabella quickly moves into a go-behind rear waistlock. Luci tries to break her grip, but instead counters with a go-behind of her own. The taller Arabella grabs her hands to pull them apart as best she can before thrusting her backside into Luci’s body to send her back a couple steps. Townshend looks to follow up with a spinning heel kick, only for Luci to duck underneath it and pop behind her. When the Prospect turns around, Luci goes for her head but Arabella pulls back away from her and both women raise their fists, warily staring at one another. 

Zack: That was some terrific catch as catch can wrestling right there, and both women are already at a stalemate. Neither could catch the other unprepared. 

Claire: They had each other well scouted there Zack and they might have to break out something a little bit different if they’re going to sustain an advantage in this contest.

The two women locked up again, and Luci used a deep armdrag takedown to bring Arabella to the canvas. The Nova Champion hopped up, and was immediately pulled into a second armdrag takedown. Three more in a row put Arabella down on the canvas, catching her in a cycle that she was having a hard time breaking. When Townshend popped up the last time, Luci whipped her across to the far side. After she rebounded and Luci lowered her head, Arabella rolled over her back and landed on her feet. The Aussie turned as Arabella went for a roundhouse kick, only to duck it and roll under her leg. She popped up behind her, grabbing another rear waistlock before Arabella leaned down to try to grab her foot. But Luci stepped back two steps, and the two raised their fists again as they watched each other. 

Claire: And we’re back at a stalemate, Zack. Luci’s having a little more success in the early parts of each exchange but Arabella quickly catches up and finds a way to stop her foe from building any momentum. Luci can’t allow herself to get frustrated by that.

Zack: I’m enjoying the hell out of this already. It’s easy to see these two are pretty evenly matched, and neither one of them is going for anything the other has to offer for very long.

The two lock up once more, and Arabella pushes Luci back into the ropes. Parks calls for the break, and Luci raises her hands long enough for Arabella to grab her and toss her with a belly to belly overhead suplex. Townshend quickly gets back to her feet, bouncing off the near side to catch the Aussie with a running knee in the ribs as she tries to get up. She grabs her into a rear waistlock again, snapping off a German suplex which she rolls through into three more. When she goes for the fourth, Luci lunges towards the ropes and lowers her head to let the top rope catch Arabella in the chest. It winds the Prospect before pulling her head down for a DDT, only for Arabella to hook the top rope and let her hand on the mat instead. The champion rubs her chest, coughing a little as Luci starts to rise. 

Zack: That was the opening Arabella was looking for. And she started using those suplexes with impunity. I think both of these two are going to have to think outside the box a little more than they are used to. 

Claire: I think you’re right Zack. I think they’re going to have to go for something a little more unexpected in order to stay ahead in this match. But those suplexes will have had an effect on Luci.

Arabella quickly presses the attack, and catches Luci with a running forearm to the jaw that sends her back into the corner. She quickly lowers her shoulder, and starts planting shoulder thrusts into her body before whipping her across to the far corner. The veteran strikes back first before Arabella follows in after her with a corner clothesline. Another whip sends her back to the first corner, and the impact causes Luci to stumble forward a couple steps before Arabella launches in her direction and takes her down with a leg lariat. 

Zack: Arabella’s definitely bringing out some new wrinkles to her game! And with those long legs, that leg lariat took Luci down with ease. This is the first real advantage either of them have maintained over the other.

Claire: Arabella’s beginning to really pick up momentum right now and she’s putting Luci in trouble. That said though, Luci is very resilient and this really is early days for Townshend, she can’t afford to get complacent for a second and I’m sure she knows that.

Arabella pulled her back to her feet, and hoisted her over her shoulder into an airplane spin. She made four revolutions before throwing Luci off, and letting faceplant on the mat. Townshend charged towards her with a cannonball senton to her chest and immediately grabbed the far leg for the cover. 

Zack: Arabella looking for the quick ending after that cannonball drove the air out of Luci, but will it work?!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Luci kicked out at two, and shoved Arabella off her in the process. The Aussie quickly got to her feet before Arabella was there to greet her with a forearm aimed at her head. Luci blocked it, and surprised her with a headbutt to the face followed by a facebuster. The blonde glanced over to her husband, who looked very impressed with her opponent. 

Claire: Luci’s found her way back into the match and slamming her face into the mat is going to slow Arabella down in a hurry.

Luci got back to her feet, taking in a couple deep breaths before she pulled Arabella up with her. The Brit was launched into the ropes, and came back into a discus forearm that staggered her where she stood. Luci hooked both of her arms behind her back, and dropped her with a future shock DDT. She rolled her over, going for the cover with a leg hook before Parks was in position. 

Zack: Luci planted the Nova Champion, and this match is turning into one hell of a test for both of these girls. 

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Claire: I think we’re beyond the feeling out process and they’ve both decided they’ve got to go a little more heavy hitting and a little less of the surgical precision of technical wrestling.

Arabella kicked out, and rolled away from Luci immediately. The Aussie hopped back to her feet, and went to get her as Arabella was using the ropes to get up. When Luci charged towards her, the Nova Champion surprised her with a stun gun across the top rope. As the Aussie clutched her chest trying to get her breath back, Arabella snatched her into a German suplex that launched her head first into the bottom turnbuckle!

Claire: I don’t know if Arabella meant that or not, but that bottom turnbuckle will definitely have rung Luci’s bell and then some! That could be a difference maker already.

Zack: Judging by her face, I don’t think Arabella meant to do it. You can see she’s concerned herself, as is Luci’s husband. 

Arabella looked a little concerned when she realized where Luci landed, and the referee went to check on the veteran. So did her husband before Luci pulled herself back to her feet slowly in the corner. She brought her fists up, and waved Arabella forward. The Nova Champion took the invitation before she bolted towards her, only to catch a boot in the jaw as she got close. Luci hopped up onto the second rope to deliver a blockbuster. Luci rubbed the back of her head before pulling Arabella up into a gutwrench suplex. When Townshend rolled onto her stomach, Luci planted her feet behind her knees, grabbed her arms and pulled her all the way back into an elevated surfboard with her arms and legs fully extended. Arabella immediately showed immense pain as she was suspended in midair with Luci holding her up there. 

Claire: Luci’s still showing the effects of hitting that turnbuckle but she’s not letting it slow her down too much and this hold will definitely give her a couple of seconds to clear the cobwebs and sap Arabella’s strength.

Zack: I have been told that move is like having your back operated on while you’re still conscious. It’s excruciating, and the only question is how long can Luci keep it applied. 

Parks immediately moved to see if Arabella wanted to stop the match, and a shake of her black mane showed she didn’t. Luci stared up at her, and was moving her head to try to avoid Arabella’s hair brushing all over her face. Townshend’s face was awash in agony though, while Luci continued to hold the surfboard in place. The referee asked again, causing another shake of Arabella’s head that sent her hair rubbing all over Luci’s eyes, nose, and mouth again. 

Claire: Looks like Arabella’s hair is starting to irritate Luci - and understandably so. This might prove to be her saving grace in this submission hold.

Zack: I don’t think Arabella even realizes she’s doing it. How could she? Her back is being set on fire practically with this hold. I don’t know how long Luci can hold it though.

Parks checked again with Arabella, still getting another shake of her head. And the hair tickling Luci’s face finally caused her to break the hold, and let the champion fall to the mat. Luci sat up and rubbed her face, and quickly got to her feet. She went to grab Arabella’s leg again, and caught a boot to the side of her head instead. It wobbled her backwards as Arabella made it to her feet. But it didn’t stop Luci long before she stormed forward right into a superkick that she never saw coming! Townshend dove on top of her for the cover.

Zack: Luci walked right into that superkick, and never saw it coming till it was too late! Arabella’s gonna do it!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO.

Luci got her shoulder up in time before the three, and Arabella rolled off the cover. She slowly made it to her feet, but bent over a little with a hand against her back. It was bothering her a great deal at this point as she pulled Luci up enough to put her head between her legs. 

Claire: After hitting that turnbuckle earlier, the Superkick she never saw coming almost put Luci down for the count and Arabella’s trying to make sure of it now before Luci can do more of a number on her spine.

She grabbed her around the waist into what looked like a powerbomb, but she let out a whimper and dropped her back to the mat. Townshend stumbled into the ropes, pressing her hand against her back as she leaned against it. Luci was starting to get back to her feet as Arabella moved towards her, only to eat a knee to the face from the Aussie as she approached. She dropped her with a reverse neckbreaker, and quickly applied a Texas cloverleaf. Arabella’s back was bent into almost a L shape as the referee dropped down to see if she wanted to stop.

Zack: I haven’t seen Luci use that before, but look at the arch of Arabella’s back as Luci has this cloverleaf applied! How much more damage can her back take? 

Claire: This is one of the reasons why Luci is one of the fastest rising stars in the industry and rocketing through the ranks - when she sees any kind of weakness she knows exactly how to exploit it.

Parks checked with Arabella, again getting a shake of her head. The brunette’s fingers clawed through her hair as Luci leaned back into the hold, trying to increase the pressure even more. Vincent watched on intently as the referee asked Arabella once more about stopping the match. She didn’t answer as quickly this time, but instead tried to reach for the ropes which were almost an arm’s length away. The Nova Champion stretched her hand out as far as she could, managing to get two fingers on the bottom rope and causing the referee to call for a break. 

Claire: Arabella got lucky in her ring positioning there and was able to secure herself the break. But she’s still got a lot to do to stem the tide or turn the tables on Luci.

Zack: Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. And in Arabella’s case, she tends to be both. She’s gonna have to dig down deep here though. 

Townshend rolled under the bottom rope when Luci went to get her, causing the referee to intercept the Aussie. The Nova Champion slowly got to her feet, still not being able to stand up straight. And Luci went straight for her, only for Arabella to grab her hand as she came close into a ripcord knee strike. Luci staggered backwards before Arabella pushed her head between her legs. Her face was still etched in pain as she got Luci into position for her finisher. 

Zack: I think Arabella’s looking for that spinning powerbomb, but it didn’t work the last time she tried it, Claire. It looks like she’s trying to summon the strength in her back to do it now!

Claire: This is a big gamble Zack, if she can’t pull it off then she’s going to leave herself wide open to a counter. But if she does, then this could be the victory for the Nova Championship!

Arabella managed to get her up into the air, and bring her down with thunderous impact with her spinning powerbomb. She rolled through with a hook of the outside leg before Parks dropped into position to count. 

Zack: Goodnight, Luci and HELLO BOMBSHELLE!!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

The referee called for the bell, and Arabella rolled off the cover onto her side. One hand pressed against her back as she lay not far from her opponent. 

Claire: Arabella picks up a huge win tonight at Impact over one of the most impressive, emerging talents on the FFW main roster. That will certainly make her back feel an awful lot better.

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall…………… ARABELLA TOWNSHEND!!!

Vincent joined his wife in the ring, helping her to her feet before the two offered Arabella the same assistance. When she was vertical again, the referee raised one hand while Luci raised the other.. 

Zack: Arabella put a win on the board for Future Shock, and I think she had one of the best matches of her very young career tonight! She gutted through the pain, and the Nova Champion is still shining as brightly as ever!

Claire: She got pushed all the way and had to dig down deep tonight to land the Hello Bombshell!! But she managed to pull it off and all credit to her.

Arabella thanked Luci as she leaned against the ropes with a smile on her face before the referee returned the Nova Championship to her. She smiled at her reflection in it and held it over her head. 

Zack: You can tell how much that Nova Championship means to Arabella, and she represented Future Shock perfectly tonight! Two weeks from now, she’ll put it on the line against Mikayla Stone in Boston! 

Claire: You know that this match will have given Mikayla food for thought as she prepares for the biggest match of her career in two weeks time. If nothing else, this performance from Arabella tonight proves just how much of a mountain she has to climb to pick up her first title.

Arabella rolled out under the bottom rope, walking gingerly as she draped her title over her shoulder before heading towards the back. The show then cuts to a commercial for the Saitama Supershow. 

Ragin' River

The show returns to the backstage area of the Pepsi Center, and finds River Campbell along with DOC. He’s giving her a shoulder massage as if she’s about to go into a big fight. 

DOC: Two weeks from tonight, the greatest Prospect in the history of Future Shock is gonna be in a big six woman tag team match on Cinco de Mayo! Her name? River Campbell! Her opponents? The Monopoly. Her partners? Carys and Little Wales! And let me tell you all something, River is ready to lay down some pain, blues and agony in the Future Shock Arena in Baltimore!

River nodded her head.

River: Two weeks time in the Future Shock Arena in Boston, live on FFW All Access, it’s the big Cinco De Mayo show. A huge event. HUGE. And as DOC just told you it’s going to be the Matriarchy, Vicky, Sienna and Jacqui going up against Carys McFarlane, looking for revenge after getting mugged twice. The debuting and incredibly talented, hugely experienced, Lowri Moss. And myself. River Campbell, the woman who is going to take a huge chunk out of Jacqui Minogue and prove to her all over again that I’m more than just a simple musician...that these hands of mine can do more than coax sounds that would make God weep out of a guitar; that could meet the Devil down in Georgia and show him a thing or two about how to play a tune. She’ll find out again that I’m one of the roughest, toughest, meanest bitches in this sport and that I hold a grudge.

DOC then began doing short chopping motions up and down River’s back as he continued.

DOC: Tell them what you think about what Tweedledee and Tweedleduh did to your tag partner, Carys, back in Scotland! Oh, and what Carys’ cousin, the vivacious Leighana, did!

River: I...I think you mean Sheffield there DOC and trust me, that’s probably not a mistake you want to make around some people...they get kinda touchy about that whole Scotland, England, British thing.

River took a deep breath. 

River: ANYWAY… what we saw in Sheffield was Carys take the fight to both the Doomsday Sisters, we saw her fight a valiant fight and came oh so very close to embarrassing and humiliating them right in the middle of that ring...came oh so close to beating them, one, two, three. And the only reason she didn’t was because Leighana decided to walk out on her. In two weeks at Cinco De Mayo, Carys is going to have two partners that will have her back, that will stay with her through thick and thin and help her take the fight to all three of you. She’s got a pair of partners that are going to help her beat all three of you.

DOC: Carys ain’t gotta worry about anyone running off on her this time. She already got River here, who got some unfinished business with Jacqui. And hell, they done brought in this Welsh girl to help with the fight too! Do the Welsh have any issues with Australians like the Scottish and British thing you mentioned? 

River shrugged her shoulders. 

River: I don’t know but it probably doesn’t matter if they don’t. Anyone listens to the trio or to Jacqui’s form of ardent wrestling fascism and that’s enough for any right minding, right thinking individual to fall out with the Matriarchy don’t you think? These are three big powerful women who think they’re better than everyone else because they live in the gym, never skip leg day and only eat ice cream and pizza on one of their self imposed treat days. Applaud the discipline sure, but that’s not a basis for claiming superiority to me.

DOC: So I did some background research on your partner from Wales. She debuted in 2016 and already won 10 titles in her career so far, and one of them was a Cup. She got some serious credibility to her name.

River: Like I said, she’s phenomenally talented and has made one heck of a splash. Just listen to those facts DOC here is laying out. Nearly four years in this sport, ten titles already. That’s incredible. That’s something to look up to and aspire to emulate. I can’t wait to team with her and see what I can pick up from her and how I can better myself. It’s going to be an honour to get to fight alongside her for the night.

DOC: That’s right! Two weeks from tonight. Cinco De Mayo Future Shock. Six woman tag team match in Brooklyn! DOC’s looking forward to it!

River: And it’s coming to you live, from the Future Shock Center in Boston, only on FFW All Access. Sign up now and see the Matriarchy get their asses kicked in two weeks time!!

The show cuts to a graphic advertising the match in two weeks before heading back to the ring for the next match.

Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 09:49:21 pm »

When the show goes back into the arena, Lexi’s already in the ring and ready to begin the introductions. 

Zack: It’s time to see how much Mara Werth was able to cram in the last week and change with your staff over in Boston, Claire. 

Claire: I think you might be pleasantly surprised Zack. She definitely came prepared to work hard and open to learning as much as she could. Hopefully some of it will help her out in what is a huge match for her.

I'm only human
I'm only—I'm only—
I'm only human, human

“Human” by Rag’n’Bone Man starts to play over the soundsystem as the video screen shows a jail cell door sliding backwards and a pair of black ring boots with legs going all the way up to a simple blue skirt step out onto the landing only to suddenly stumble as if given a push in the small of the back from the man who appeared behind her in shiny black shoes and black pants. 

Maybe I'm foolish,
Maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this
And see what's behind
Got no way to prove it
So maybe I'm lying

As the pair pass by, the camera gets a shot from behind before it cuts to more grainy CCTV footage that shows the guard escorting the raven haired prisoner across a prison yard of patchy grass and into another building. There’s another cut as we see a shot of exposed midriff on the other side of a counter that has a pack of gum, some loose change on it and a hair bobble on it. A hand reaches forward, picking up a pen and signs a name quickly before scooping up the possessions as she stiffly pushed to move onwards.

But I'm only human after all,
I'm only human after all
Don't put your blame on me

There’s another cut; this time to show the back of the black haired woman as she reaches up to tie her long loose hair back with the bobble while still walking forward, coming to a stop in front of a large closed door. The camera cuts to the opposite side of the door and low door, watching as it swung open and the woman stepped out; only for the blazing sun to obscure her face and body; the video screens becoming a blazing yellow-white sun glare with a spotlight shining bright as the same woman has appeared at the top of the entrance ramp. The spotlight dims to reveal Mara Werth standing there in her black boots, blue skirt and white vest top.

Take a look in the mirror
And what do you see?
Do you see it clearer
Or are you deceived
In what you believe?

Lexi: Ladies and gentlemen please welcome from Tuscaloosa, Alabama… MARA WERTH!!!

'Cause I'm only human after all,
You're only human after all
Don't put the blame on me

With a smile on her face she begins to head down the ramp to the ring, running up the ring steps. She moved down the apron, facing out to the crowd and threw her arms up into the air before she stepped through the ropes. Heading to the corner, the girl carefully stepped up onto the middle ropes, throwing her hands up into the air again before she bounced back onto her feet and stretched as she waited for the match to start.

Zack: I think Mara here may have the toughest challenge of all as she faces one of the longest tenured women in the business today. It also doesn’t help that Mara learned a lot from the same Future Shock Center in LA where her opponent teaches. 

Claire: It certainly is a mountain to climb for Mara tonight and you could argue that she’s drawn the short straw tonight. But it’s also a golden opportunity for her and she can really make a name for herself in FFW if she can score the victory.

The arena darkens, and a familiar purple light bathes the arena with flashes of green and black for effect. The colours alone bring a cheer from the crowd, even though the music is yet to hit. It’s then that the opening keyboard strokes of “Beyond the Burning Skies” play over the speakers. Giving way to much heavier riffs, the song kicks in fully and from the back steps Vincent Belmont.

Power. Power and glory,
Things my empty soul has craved since dawn.
Fury, eternal, painful longing.
It grows inside me like a raging storm.

Burning ablaze in my heart
My will, my wish to see it all!

Turning to face the curtain again, he waits expectantly for someone. That someone comes a moment later; Valerie McFarlane. Valerie grins widely, dancing around on the stage to the music, making sure she covers both far ends of it before returning to the centre, where she grins up at her friend and manager.

[/i]Close your eyes and reach beyond the heavens,
Touch the moonlit sky,
An awe-inspiring view of the world!
Feel the beast, go on and grasp your future
On your way beyond...beyond the burning skies![/i]

Valerie then takes off down the ramp, purple and green pyro exploding with every step she takes on her way down. Once at the bottom, she keeps going and throws herself into the ring, under the bottom rope. Rolling to her feet, she spins around three times, stopping herself by putting one leg out, digging it into the mat. Her hand then shoots upwards in a fist and she throws her head back, to a loud roar from the crowd. She then takes to the turnbuckle, putting her hands on the top rope and leaping to the middle one, where she throws both hands out to the crowd.

Lexi: On her way to the ring, from Edinburgh, Scotland! Weighing 150 pounds, please welcome VALERIEEEEEEE MCFARLAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE!

On Kat finishing her introduction, Valerie hops back down and heads to her corner, where she meets Vincent. Removing her leather jacket, she hands it to a ringside attendant and discusses something with Vincent while awaiting what comes next.

Zack: I know Valerie loves what she does helping prepare the girls at the Future Shock Center in Los Angeles. And I guess you could call this a final exam for Mara. 

Claire: There’s arguably no-one better for people like Mara to learn from. Valerie is a Hall of Fame talent who has done it all and seen it all in this company and in this business...which is why tonight is such a challenge for Mara.

As Lexi left the ring, referee Kevin Fisk checked both women for hidden objects and then called for the bell. The two met in the center as Mara took in a deep breath. Valerie tried to reassure her, and then offered her a handshake. Mara returned it graciously before the two locked up in the center of the ring. Werth easily began pushing Valerie back into the ropes, and quickly gave her a clean break before the referee even had to ask. When Valerie put her hands up, Mara grabbed her by the arm and tried to pull her into a short arm clothesline. But the veteran ducked behind her, and caught her with an elbow to the back of the head. It sent Mara forward a step before Valerie spun her around, and shoved her back into the corner. A series of shoulder thrusts to her body knocked the wind out of her before McFarlane used a high hip toss to send her to the canvas. Werth quickly got to her feet, and went for a haymaker shot as Valerie closed in on her. But the veteran ducked that, and countered by grabbing her arm into a side Russian leg sweep. 

Claire: The teacher is reading her student like a book in the early exchanges and Mara’s struggling to even get close to laying a glove on her so far. Mara’s going to have to get out of her comfort zone to have any chance in this match.

Zack: Yeah, I think you’re right. It seems like Mara is dancing with what brought her to where she is. And that’s the wrong strategy against Valerie.

Valerie quickly applied an armbar as Mara was getting to her feet. She did a full twist of it to bend Werth over to alleviate the pressure. Mara tried to catch her with a sidekick to the body to break the grip, but McFarlane easily stepped aside to avoid it. Werth was forced to get to the ropes, which she did. Valerie gave the break, but Mara tried to scoop her up on her shoulders before she could get away. But the redhead slipped free of her, landing on her feet and catching Mara with a rear waistlock into a German suplex. Valerie quickly grabbed her into a rear waistlock as she was getting up, and Mara began firing back elbows as she tried to catch her with a shot to the head. But the veteran avoided all her attempts, and raised her head back into a headbutt to the face from Mara. She stunned Valerie, and spun into her. A quick scoop put her into position for a powerslam, but Valerie slipped down behind her and sent her back to the mat with another German suplex. 

Claire: Just as it looked like Mara was going to get herself some traction and get out of the starting blocks… and Valerie puts her straight back down again. If this was a training session, Val would probably be telling her off for being so predictable.

Zack: It’s hard to fight your instincts. And as you know, training is a lot different than competition. So far, Mara hasn’t shown Valerie anything she hasn’t seen before. 

Mara got back to her feet, and caught a running high knee to the back of her head from Valerie. It sent her into the corner before the veteran spun her around. But Mara reversed it, and threw Valerie into the corner instead. She began unloading with short corner clotheslines as McFarlane brought her arms up to deflect each and every one of them. Mara pulled her forward into what looked like a belly to belly suplex, only for Valerie to use a bell clap to stun her. As the Prospect wobbled in place, the Hall of Famer scooped her up and over with a Death Valley Driver. 

Zack: Mara HAS to do something besides her power game. It’s like we mentioned. She learned most of what she knows at the Future Shock Center in LA, and Valerie has seen ALL of that. 

Claire: You’re right Zack, she’s got to change things up. She’s gotta start showing some of the things that she picked up in the last week and a bit in Boston and try to surprise Val.

When Mara started to get up, Valerie pulled her into a front facelock. It looked like she was going for a DDT, but Werth drove her backwards into the corner instead. A quick hip toss sent Valerie out to the mat. And as soon as she got up, Mara caught her with a chop block to the back to the back of her knee. It dropped her back to the mat before the Prospect pressed her boot to the back of Val’s knee and stomped the mat with it. That stopped the redhead in her tracks before Mara hooked in a single leg Boston crab. She hooked it in deeply too as Valerie’s foot was only a few inches above her head as Mara dropped to a knee in the hold. 

Claire: There we go… Mara’s finally changing things up and it’s having an effect. She’s showing that she obviously paid a lot of attention to her crash course with Serafina.

Zack: Yeah, I was going to say that this is starting to remind me a lot of your tag team partner. Mara’s not known for her submission game, but she’s clearly picked up a few tricks. 

The Prospect had Valerie’s body contorted into what was practically a circle. Fisk dropped down to see if Valerie wanted to quit, but the Hall of Famer shook her head. Werth leaned back just a little bit more and had the toe of Valerie’s boot brushing her cheek at this point. The redhead’s face showed immense pain as she reached out for the ropes. She stretched a little further, as far as she could before she got her fingertip on the bottom rope. Mara let go, grabbed her foot and yanked her back to the center to apply a leg grapevine. 

Zack: Now that was very intelligent. Mara gave the break, and immediately pulled Valerie out to the center and went right back to work on the leg with no wasted motion. 

Claire: It’s a good strategy going after the veteran’s leg and reducing her mobility, but Mara has to do all she can to stay on top. Valerie gets an opening and she can turn this around in a heartbeat.

She tried to twist the leg to apply more pressure until the veteran used her free foot, and started kicking Mara with it. She landed enough shots to break Mara’s grip, and cause her to let go. But Werth stayed on the attack, and immediately applied an Indian deathlock, applying more pressure to the left knee as she had been targeting. Werth used her strength to prop up on one arm and press even further in the hold, making Valerie squirm on the mat. Fisk checked again for a submission, but didn’t get one as Valerie tried to find some ropes nearby but couldn’t. 

Claire: I don’t think Valerie’s likely to submit but Mara is certainly showing a whole new side to her and displaying a whole new skill set tonight.

Zack: You aren’t kidding. I’m sure somewhere Serafina is watching with pride as Mara is borrowing liberally from her playbook. 

Valerie continued to grimace in pain before she began to drag them both towards the ropes on her hands. She made a quick burst towards them, and wrapped her arm around the bottom rope to get the break. Mara let go immediately, and grabbed her foot to begin spiking her left knee into the mat repeatedly. Mara circled around behind her as Valerie finally rolled away from her into the ropes to get a break again. When the redhead finally made it to her feet, Werth swooped in behind her to deliver a full nelson facebuster before rolling her over into the cover. 

Zack: Good Lord, did the No Surrender Champion teach a class or two?! That’s the TIGER LILLY!!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

T-NOOO!!!

Valerie got her foot across the bottom rope before the three, and Mara rolled away from the Hall of Famer to get back to her feet. 

Claire: And it was almost enough for Mara to pick up the win but Valerie is as tough and as resilient as they come and she’s telling her student that there’s a lot more work to be done.

McFarlane rolled under the rope, causing the referee to intercept Mara as she was about to go get her. Valerie used the ropes to help her get to her feet on the apron. She was hobbling a little, thanks to the damage done to her left knee. Mara went after her, and caught a palm thrust in the throat that staggered her backwards. Valerie used the top rope for a slingshot into a flying clothesline to put the Prospect down. The redhead gingerly got back to her feet before planting her feet behind Mara’s knees, grabbing her hands, and then falling to a seated surfboard submission. 

Zack: Valerie’s finding ways to work around a bad left knee here, and this is one hell of a way to do it! Mara’s stuck in this seated surfboard, and all Valerie has to do is hold her there. 

Claire: I guess we’re about to see how much attention Mara was paying to Escaping Submissions 101...though there’s not all that much she can do when she’s trapped like this but hope Valerie lets go.

Fisk moved around in front of Mara to see if she wanted to stop the match. But much like her opponent, Mara shook her head no quickly. Valerie started to pull her hands together, causing Mara’s arms to make a V behind her, further intensifying the pain. Werth’s teeth gritted as the pain increased dramatically while Valerie leaned back to add even more torque. 

Claire: And there’s the experience of the Hall of Fame, former FFW Champion in knowing exactly how to maximise the pain and wring everything that she can out of this hold.

Zack: Like you said, I don’t know a single escape from this hold. But what it also does is give Valerie time to recompose and recharge her batteries a little. 

The referee checked again, and still got the same no from the Prospect. Valerie then started to pull Mara’s hands down between her legs, contorting Mara’s back even more as her fists were touching the mat at the same time as the seated surfboard was applied. Mara shouted in pain now as the referee checked again. She didn’t answer as quickly this time, but did shake her head ultimately. 

Zack: Valerie is twisting Mara’s body into shapes even a woman as flexible as her can’t stand. This seated surfboard is torturing her, and Mara’s not as quick to say no now when the referee asks about stopping the match.

Claire: You’re right Valerie’s got her opponent caught in the middle of the ring and in the worst way possible. This has got to be the nightmare scenario for Mara...for all the work that she’s done, she’s pretty much helpless.

Mara shouted in pain again before her teeth gritted, and the camera could see the muscles in her arms flexing as she started to pull against Valerie. Her hands came up off the mat as Mara’s face tensed tightly as she began using all the strength in her arms to pull them up and in a massive show of power, she brought her hands together and broke Valerie’s grip before flopping face down on the mat. Valerie looked impressed as well at her opponent as Mara lay on her stomach on the mat, pulling her arms to her tightly.

Zack: Claire… she broke it! Mara Werth BROKE Valerie’s grip in that surfboard! That’s amazing! I’ve never seen anything like that. 

Claire: It’s got to be pure adrenaline, Zack, you know, like when you hear of regular people lifting cars off people when they’ve been run over? Any way, the damage has been done and you can see just how bad it is from the way Mara’s writhing on the mat.

McFarlane got back to her feet, and quickly was reminded about her left knee as she hobbled a couple steps forward. She gives Mara a stomp to the back, and then wraps her arms around her waist to go for her gutwrench powerbomb. But as soon as she has a good grip, Mara counters by lifting her into a backdrop driver. The redhead lands on her head and Mara teeters over to her side as she has a hard time straightening her back, thanks to what Valerie had done moments ago.

Claire: We’re seeing very clearly the effects of this match. Valerie can hardly walk right now and Mara’s back is going to stop her from following her instincts and rolling out that power game she likes to exploit.

Zack: How do you like the effort and the heart and the tenacity of these women in Future Shock? I’ll argue with anyone who says they aren’t on the same level as the FFW roster.

Mara finally made it back to her feet, and found herself leaning on the ropes to take some of the pressure off her back. She glanced over to see Valerie finally starting to get up, and the jailbird’s hands rose in front of her face, with only her eyes peering over the top of them. McFarlane got her bearings long enough for Mara to spin her around, and start unloading with combinations of left and right hands to the body. Werth wound up one shot, and caught Valerie with an uppercut to the ribs that lifted the veteran’s feet off the mat by a half inch and crumpled her to her knees on the mat.

Claire: Wow...I guess Mara really was paying attention every moment she was up in Boston. She has pretty good technique with those shots she was throwing right there. Maybe she’s thinking about the knockout?

Zack: One of them literally lifted Valerie off her feet, and that’s one nasty uppercut she’s got working for her! I think Valerie’s about to find out what WERTHWHILE feels like!

Mara backed up a few steps as Valerie was hunched over on her knees on the mat. She seemed to be measuring her as the redhead started to rise up. Mara darted towards her, looking for her shining knee strike. But Valerie ducked it, quickly scooped her up her on her shoulders for an electric chair.Mara shouted in pain as her back arched off the mat on impact, and Valerie lay on the mat herself, taking in big breaths of air. 

Zack: Maybe not! What a brilliant counter! Valerie knew it was coming, and an electric chair is sending shockwaves up and down Mara’s spine! 

Claire: McFarlane had her opponent well scouted and made Mara pay for it. If nothing else tonight, Werth will come out of this match having learnt a few lessons the hard way.

Valerie was very slow to try to get back to her feet, still very wobbly thanks to her left knee being worked on for much of the match. Mara was still arched on her side, her face a mask of pain as she couldn’t straighten her back to this point. The Hall of Famer stumbled towards Mara, reaching down to grab her around the waist. 

Zack: I think Valerie’s looking for that gutwrench powerbomb again, but the question is if her knee will hold up long enough to hit it! 

Claire: That might well be Mara’s best hope and saving grace in this match. That she did enough damage earlier on to prevent Valerie from delivering her killing blow.

Valerie grabbed Werth around the waist. But instead of going for her powerbomb, she flipped over and lifted Mara off the mat into a Gory special backbreaker. She had to drop to a knee though as she bent Mara backwards in the submission. Werth wailed in pain as her back was contorted by the veteran with her arms caught at the same time. 

Claire: Mara’s caught and her back’s got to be on fire!! A raging inferno of pain and from the way Valerie’s got hold of her, there’s absolutely nowhere she can go to break it!!

Mara immediately tried to use the same tactic as earlier in the match by looking to overpower Valerie to get out of the hold. But she couldn’t summon the strength a second time after all she’d been through. No ropes were nearby as Valerie continued to apply the pressure, causing the referee to check every few seconds with Mara until finally the Prospect relented. Fisk called for the bell before they both collapsed to the mat.

Zack: Valerie pulled that Gory special out of the blue, and Mara was stuck! She had no choice, but to stop the match! A fantastic strategy by Mara, but it’s nearly impossible to show Valerie something she hasn’t seen before. 

Lexi: Your winner by submission………...VALERIE McFARLANE!!!

Claire: You’re absolutely right, Zack. Mara switched to an excellent game plan and can be proud that she ran the veteran close, but McFarlane’s experience came to the fore and she was able to pull out something different from her arsenal to achieve the win.

The redhead rolled towards the aching Mara on the mat, pulling her head towards her and telling her how proud she was of her. She helped her sit up as the referee raised Valerie’s hand, while the other was around Mara’s shoulder as she continued to praise her. 

Zack: Valerie has nothing but effusive praise for one of her pupils, and all well deserved. Mara showed nothing but heart and determination tonight, and she has nothing to be ashamed of against someone who has done all the things in this business Valerie has. 

Claire: Now she has to pick herself up, dust herself down and tomorrow morning the work starts again ready to face Stacey Sky in two weeks at the huge Cinco De Mayo show with a shot at the Future Shock Championship up for grabs.

The two finally made it out of the ring, helping one another get to the back before the show heads backstage. 

Lowri Is Ready

Sara is shown in the backstage area in front of a monitor before she turns to the camera and begins to speak. 

Sara: Two weeks from tonight is one of the biggest nights in Future Shock history on Cinco de Mayo. One match already announced for that show will feature the Matriarchy in a six woman tag match against River Campbell, Carys McFarlane, and a woman making her first in-ring appearance in Future Shock and joining us from her home via satellite…. Lowri Moss!

Lowri appears on the screen to a warm reception from the fans before Sara turns her attention to her guest. 

Sara: First of all, thank you for joining me, Lowri. 

Lowri responds with a courteous smile.

Lowri: No problem, Sara.

Sara: Let’s get right to it. For those who may not have seen it themselves, what inspired you to want to come to the aid of Carys McFarlane? 

Lowri: You know, when I accepted the invitation that I had received from Adam Grant, to attend a show some time, I hadn’t planned on actually setting foot inside a Future Shock ring.

Lowri gives a gentle shake of her head.

Lowri: All I intended to do was to attend the show merely as a fan, nothing more. But then I saw what happened at Sheffield Showdown, and in particular I saw what happened during Carys McFarlane’s match with the Doomsday Sisters. I knew Carys had a grudge with Victoria and Sienna, but that match in Sheffield, because of the way that it ended, it didn’t really resolve anything, so it seemed safe to assume that she would want to get another chance to settle the score with the Matriarchy. And if Carys was indeed going to face them again, I thought she could use a partner that she can rely on, someone who won’t leave her high and dry like her cousin Leighana did.

She lets out a sigh, before continuing.

Lowri: I always try to conduct myself in the right way, and do what I believe is the right thing. And after what I had witnessed, Sara, offering my help to Carys felt like the right thing to do.

Sara: Two weeks from tonight in Boston, you’ll step foot into the ring alongside her and River Campbell to face Jacqui, Victoria and Sienna. Despite not having teamed with either of the two women in this match, how confident do you feel meeting a team that’s been together practically since day one? 

Lowri: Obviously the fact that the three of us have never teamed together previously is in stark contrast to our opponents, who like you said, have been together for a long time, and so that would appear to put us at a bit of a disadvantage. Having said that though, both Carys and River are more than capable of holding their own against whoever they find themselves in the ring with, there’s no doubt about that, while as for me, I think my track record speaks for itself, whether that’s in singles action, tag team competition, or even trios matches.

Lowri pauses momentarily, to take a breath.

Lowri: So yeah, I’m reasonably confident about our chances. And besides, it wouldn’t be the first time I had been part of a makeshift team that beat a considerably more well established one.

Sara: Are there any nerves about all this? A new audience, new partners and new opponents you’ve never met? Does that create nerves or is it more a case of excitement in a new challenge? 

Lowri: Right now, I’m not feeling at all nervous. In two weeks’ time, when I’m there at the arena in Boston, maybe then there might be some nerves, but… I don’t know, I guess I’ll have to wait and see.

There is a shrug of the shoulders from Lowri.

Lowri: I’m definitely excited though - I’m always excited whenever I get to wrestle in a new promotion for the first time, essentially for all of the reasons that you just listed, Sara, and I’m looking forward to giving everyone in Future Shock a glimpse of what my brand of British strong style is all about.

Sara: Any thoughts you’d like to leave the Matriarchy with heading into the next Future Shock?

Lowri: I don’t want to get into a war of words, or anything, so I think I’ll wait until we’re in the ring to do most of my talking. The only other thing I’ll say now is that when I offered to help Carys, I didn’t do so with any intention whatsoever of losing-- when I turn up at the arena in two weeks, I’m coming to win. This could well be the only time that I ever set foot inside a Future Shock ring, and if so, I fully intend to make sure that the impression I leave on all of the Future Shock fans, not to mention my partners, is a positive one.

Lowri finishes by uttering (in Welsh) a motto that anyone who has seen her compete elsewhere will have become familiar with.

Lowri: Trên. Ymladd. Ennill.

The three words are then repeated in English.

Lowri: Train. Fight. Win.

The camera focuses on the confident expression of the Welsh woman before we cut back to the ring for the next match.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 09:53:37 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 09:50:59 pm »

When the show returns to the arena, Lexi is already in the ring with her microphone and ready to begin the next introductions. 

Zack: We’ve seen a lot of matches purely based on them being Future Shock versus FFW. But whoo boy, the one we are about to see… that’s almost a footnote compared to some of the things that have been said, Claire. 

Claire: Sydney’s been very critical of FFW Management in recent months - almost to the point of paranoia and internet conspiracy theory territory. Missy is pretty much acting as Adam’s right to reply.

The sound of a guitar strumming subtly begins to echo in the arena, leaving those in attendance wondering what is going on. The angelic voice of one Lzzy Hale of the band Halestorm is heard next, her voice serenely starting the opening verse of “I Am The Fire.”

Am I brave enough?
Am I strong enough?
To follow the desire
That burns from within
To push away my fear
To stand where I'm afraid
I am through with this
'Cause I am more than this
I promise to myself
Alone and no one else
My flame is rising higher.

As the song picks up the tempo, her voice becomes more intense, kicking into the chorus.

I am the fire
I am burning brighter
Roaring like a storm

Midway through the chorus, the curtains part and out walks the pride of Calgary herself, Sydney Christensen.  She steps out to the middle of the stage and juts her arms out on either side of her, tossing her head back as the fans show their appreciation. She picks her head up and slowly brings her arms in front of her, her index fingers pointing down to the ring. Dropping her arms to her side, she begins her march towards the ring, nodding at a few fans along the way. Once she reaches the ring, she hops up onto the apron and steps through the bottom and middle ropes. Almost immediately, Sydney walks over to the ropes and raises her arms above her head, encouraging the fans as they cheer on the proud Canadian. Sydney then walks over to one corner of the ring and rests her back against the turnbuckle, awaiting her opponent as her music fades out on one poignant line of the chorus.

And I am the one I've been waiting for
Screaming like a siren
Alive and burning brighter
I am the fire!

Lexi: Introducing from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, this is…...SYDNEY CHRISTENSEN!!

Zack: Sydney Christensen has proven to be a very dangerous woman. And while she may wish she were about to face her opponent’s husband, she has her work cut out for her with his wife.

Claire: Especially because we’ve seen what Missy can do when she’s annoyed and angry. Sydney might need her baseball bat as an equaliser tonight and be very glad of it.

The lights in the arena go off before a single purple spotlight hits the stage. As the opening bars of Wild Side by Cross My Heart Hope To Die starts to play Missy appears at the entrance way. Missy stands perfectly still, as her head stays bent, looking towards the ground and her manager Christian Kincaid walks out to stand behind her.

I've been on my best behavior
But I've heard that good girls finish last
And once you're gone they say no one can save you
But who knows if I go I may never want to ever come back
We've all fell victim to temptation
It seems that I'm the last one holding on
What's the use in fighting for my salvation
And why does it feel so damn right to want to be so wrong

At the side of Missy purple lights flash on and off, looking almost like fireworks, as she remains perfectly still. As the lights subside, Missy raises her arms up to the air and a single white spotlight accompanies the move.

I just wanna dance with the devil tonight
I wanna know what it feels like
I wanna close my eyes, put my hands in the sky
I wanna walk on the wild side

Lexi: Introducing at this time…. Hailing from Leeds, England and weighing in at One hundred and twelve pounds… she is MIIIIISSSSSY!

Missy makes her way down the ramp to the ring keeping her eyes straight ahead, focussing on the ring, with Christian following a few steps behind. When she reaches the ring she slowly climbs the steel steps, surveying the crowd as she does until she reaches the top. She steps onto the apron and gives one final look around before she enters the ring between the top and middle rope. She only gets halfway into the ring before Sydney takes off, almost knocking Lexi over as she starts raining fists down on the brunette before the bell finally sounds. 

Zack: Sydney didn’t wait for the bell, and Lexi almost got mowed down in the process! Missy hasn’t even gotten all the way into the ring!

Claire: This might be the smart move for Sydney to make - to not even give Missy a puncher’s chance in this contest. So long as she can stay on top of her and wear her out.

Sydney drags her the rest of the way through the ropes, and continues to rain punches down on her as she pounds her to the mat. The blonde grabs the top rope and then begins stomping her furiously. Christensen dropped to her knees and started to spike her face into the mat repeatedly before dragging her back to her feet. She whipped her across to the far side, and followed her in with a running European uppercut that snapped Missy’s head back. A double handed choke followed that before referee Stephen Wilson got to a four count. Sydney dragged Missy’s face along the top rope to blind her before she scooped her up, and used a powerslam to put her down. 

Zack: Every move and maneuver she wishes it were Adam instead of Missy. Sydney isn’t giving Missy a chance to even breathe here. 

Claire: Sydney proving why nobody should take her lightly right now and we’re already seeing her risk disqualification but using the count to her advantage perfectly. So far.

With her hands clasped, Sydney started to pound shots into Missy’s back each time she tried to get to all fours. Finally, she pulled her to her feet and put her back down with a hair pull backbreaker. Christensen started to pace back and forth in the ring, running her hand through her hair as she watched Missy starting to get up once again. Watching her do that only seemed to make her angrier before she jerked the brunette up and shoved her back into the corner. She told the crowd to shut up as they showed her no love, and then fired a knife edge chop across Missy’s chest. She shouted at the fans again before delivering another just as Missy began to stare a hole into her. The blonde fired off a third chop, making her chest redden before Sydney looked back to see the brunette seemingly unfazed. 

Claire: I think we’re seeing Sydney's first mistake, Zack, she should never have let a woman who could soon be the Number One Contender to the FFW Championship back to her feet.

Zack: Look at Missy’s face. Her chest may be getting redder, but it’s nowhere close to what’s at a boiling point behind her eyes! 

The blonde laid in another chop, and Missy shook her head. Another chop, seemingly no effect. The Canadian grabbed her head and drove it into the top turnbuckle three times before Missy’s attention snapped back towards her opponent, still seemingly unfazed. She went for a haymaker shot, but Missy blocked it and started unloading with furious right hands of her own in quick succession. Each shot wobbled Sydney a little bit more before Missy grabbed her head, and drove it into the top turnbuckle three times, the middle turnbuckle three times, the bottom turnbuckle three times and one facebuster into the canvas. 

Zack: Sydney’s face is getting to know every inch of that corner in intimate detail, and I think Missy’s only getting warmed up!

Claire: Missy’s just gotten more motivated, more determined and a little more inspired by her opponent if those turnbuckle shots are anything to go by. 

Christensen rolled out under the bottom rope to the outside, and Missy wasted no time in following her. She bounced the blonde’s head off the apron before she fired her into the barricade. Her back struck hard before Missy charged her, using a running clothesline to send her over the top into the front row of ringside. Missy shook her head, and hopped over the top of the retaining wall herself as many of the fans started to clear out of the way. She pulled Sydney’s head under one arm, and executed a bulldog into the seat of one of the front row chairs.

Zack: They say a front row ticket is the best seat in the house, and that could be arguable right now. It’s spilled into the fans!

Claire: Well, they’re getting as close to the action as they could possibly wish but Missy might want to bring this back into the ring - I’m not sure how much leeway she’s likely to get from Wilson.

Missy moved a few paces away, and stepped up onto one chair before she began to run across them quickly. As Sydney tried to sit up on the floor, Missy left her feet for a double stomp to her chest to stop that. She pulled Sydney up into an atomic drop, but instead dropped her across the top of the barricade, causing her to straddle it. A spinning back kick sent her back to ringside before Missy climbed over after her. Wilson left the ring, telling her to get it back in the ring. Missy did that by rolling in and right back out again as Sydney was trying to get up again. 

Claire: Missy followed the instructions she was given and now she’s looking to go back and continue the mugging she was giving everyone’s least favourite Canadian.

Zack: They should have made this match a street fight, because that’s what it’s resembled for the last few minutes. And we’re not done yet!

When Missy had gotten back to the floor, Sydney had reached under the ring and pulled out a chair before diving back inside the ring. Missy looked up to her as Sydney dared her to come inside, so the brunette reached into her boot and pulled out a few inches of chain to wrap around her fist before she took Sydney up on the offer. The referee began getting much more animated with both women now armed in the ring staring across at each other.

Zack: Look at that! Sydney’s got a chair, Missy’s got her chain! And we got a standoff right now with disqualifications ready to be handed out to everyone!

Claire: Stephen Wilson certainly seemed to draw the short straw tonight didn’t he? He’s got his hands full trying to keep the lid on this...so he might just want to take cover and make sure he doesn’t get hit.

The two women started to circle each other as the referee warned them he was going to disqualify them both if they used their respective weapons. Sydney charged towards her with the chair, only for Missy to punch it as hard as she could and put a dent in the seat with her chained fist. It knocked it out of her hands and Missy started to advance towards her, still with her hand wrapped in the chain. 

Zack: Do you see that dent in the chair left by a straight right cross from Missy’s chained fist?! And now Sydney’s in trouble, big time trouble!

Claire: Murderous Intent is written across Missy’s features and there’s no-one who can do more damage than the girl from the mean streets of Leeds when she’s got a chain in her hands!

Sydney backed up into the corner as the referee went to get rid of the chair. As he did that and Missy progressed towards her opponent, Sydney caught her with a kick between the legs that dropped her to her knees. The chain fell out of her hand before Sydney kicked it out of the ring, unwrapped some of her wrist tape and then put it around Missy’s neck to choke her before obscuring it with a headlock as the referee returned to officiate the match. Missy was pulling at her arm, choking and trying to breathe as Sydney had hidden the tape behind her headlock.

Claire: Sydney’s pulling out of the oldest tricks in the book with this choke hold and showing her experience to hide it behind the headlock. 

Zack: Take a closer look, Stephen. Headlocks aren’t supposed to choke you while they are applied! 

The referee looked a little confused at Missy’s choking in a headlock before sliding his hand underneath to see if Sydney’s arm was choking her. Obviously it wasn’t her arm doing it before the referee checked again. This time he felt the tape, and immediately ordered the break. Sydney gave it at a four count, tossed the tape to the mat, and then applied a rear naked choke instead. She fell to her side on the mat, wrapping her legs around Missy’s body in the process as she kept the hold applied. 

Zack: From an illegal choke, Claire, to a legal one. Sydney’s looking to put Missy out one way or another. She’s not too bothered with which.

Claire: This hold can take its toll really quickly in the best circumstances. Missy needs to make her move quickly to secure the release.

Wilson dropped down near Missy to check for a submission, but the brunette showed no signs of wanting to quit at all. Sydney seemed to be trying to tighten her grip, causing Missy to pull at her arm in vain. The referee checked again before Missy kicked her leg forward to put her boot across the bottom rope. As soon as Wilson asked for the break, Sydney rolled them both over to her other side instead with the ropes behind her now.

Claire: Missy thought she had the break right there but Sydney showed great presence of mind to roll her over and put her body between her foe and the ring ropes. That right there might get Christensen a huge win tonight!

Zack: Missy’s farther away from the ropes now, hell they are on the opposite side of the ring. There’s gonna be an upset in seconds!

Missy struggled to get free once again, but her movements began to slow finally. It was clear that the choke was taking a fuller effect now. The brunette stopped responding at this point, and the referee raised her arm to let it fall. It happened a second time before it fell again. When he reached for it a third time, Missy used what strength she had to roll Sydney onto her back, and pressed her feet against the mat to keep her from turning it over! Wilson immediately began counting!

Zack: Missy’s…..she’s gonna pin Sydney in her own hold!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

TH-NOO!!!

Sydney broke the hold and shoved her opponent off the cover before the three could come  down. The blonde sat up with a scowl on her face as she looked over to the Brit, who was taking in deep breaths on her side. 

Claire: You can see the effects that hold has had. Missy just can’t get enough air in her lungs and Sydney’s got the perfect opening to put this one away.

The strong blonde got to her feet, and started to pull Missy back to her feet into a rear waistlock. It looked as though she was trying for a German suplex, but Missy butted her in the face with the back of her head. It wobbled the Canadian in place before Missy grabbed her head, and delivered a cutter that bounced her off the mat. Sydney lay face down on the canvas as Missy looked up at the lights, still trying to get her breath back. 

Claire: One Hell of a cutter from Missy but it doesn’t look like she can capitalise on it right now! After that choke hold, this could just be a stay of execution.

Zack: Any other time, she’d have already made the cover and possibly heard her music start playing again! But not now, there’s not enough oxygen for her liking at the moment.

The brunette finally rolled over onto her stomach as Christian implored her to make the cover. She crawled towards Sydney and rolled her over before doing just that with a hook of the leg. Wilson slid immediately into place to count. 

Zack: It may have taken too long for this cover for a three! But let’s find out!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NOO!!!

Sydney rolled her shoulder off the mat in time, and Wilson showed Missy two fingers. The brunette sat up next, seemingly now having gotten her wind back as she got to her feet. She moved towards the ropes, stomping her foot on the mat as the crowd began to do the same throughout the Pepsi Center. 

Claire: I think we all know what’s coming Zack! Missy’s looking to put her boot through the back of Sydney’s head and Christensen might just want to stay down!!

Sydney rolled onto her stomach as she was trying to get her bearings. And when she pushed up to all fours, Missy took off towards her and delivered her curb stomp to drive Sydney’s face into the canvas. The Brit headed for the corner to make her way up to the top rope.

Zack: Missy hit one of her favorites, MISCHIEF MAKER! And she’d have put Sydney’s face through the mat if she could!

Claire: Missy has Sydney right where she wants her now Zack. She’s only got to put the exclamation mark on this and pick up the three!

Missy perched herself on the top rope, and looked about to jump when the fans started booing very loudly. She glanced up to see what was going on as Dante Knox started heading down the ramp with a microphone in his hand. He also had an aluminum baseball bat in the other.

Dante: Pardon the interruption, but I have a very important announcement to make and I would like everyone’s full attention!

Claire: Oh Dear God...what’s this idiot doing out here? Why did anyone give him a live microphone? Where’s security when you need them?

Zack: I can’t answer any of those questions, but they are all valid! What’s Knox got to do with any of this?!

The momentary distraction allowed Sydney to get back to her feet just before Dante tossed the bat to her. Sydney caught the bat, and fired it across Missy’s abdomen to bring her down to the canvas. She started driving the blunt end into her body to nothing but boos from the crowd. 

Claire: And there’s that damned bat!! Sydney’s favourite weapon and Missy’s catching every single shot Sydney can throw with her body!!

Zack:  This is ridiculous! What does this prove exactly? Other than Sydney clearly needed some assistance when she couldn’t put Missy away on her own. 

Sydney looked satisfied with herself as Dante joined her in the ring. He raised her hand, despite the fact she didn’t win. The two then shook hands before he continued to make his announcement...until Lexi interrupted him.

Lexi: Your winner by disqualification….seriously? MISSY!!

Dante: And that announcement is to inform all of you that Sydney Christensen is the newest addition to my clients! 

Sydney started smiling brightly as Dante raised her hand again, to more boos from the Denver crowd. 

Zack: Sydney got disqualified for using her favorite toy! Dante must have been the one she’s been talking to on the phone in recent weeks! 

Claire: His timing couldn’t have been much worse for Missy. It was all but certain she was going to pick up a fair win over a very vicious Sydney tonight - at least until this jackass appeared. This’ll probably get him brownie points with Cassandra too.

Christian went around to check on his client as Dante held the ropes open for Sydney to exit the ring. He raised her hand again after joining her on the floor to more boos before we cut to a commercial for the Cinco de Mayo edition of Future Shock in 2 weeks. 

Brewing Up Trouble

As the show returns to the back again, we find the co-host of After Shock heading into the locker room of three of his favorite Prospects. The camera follows him inside as he greets the Stone Sisters upon entering. 

Jake: Hi, everyone! If I’m interrupting anything, I can come back later or just text one of you, whichever works. 

The eldest of the Stone sisters shakes her head in the negative. 

Melody: No, Jake, you’re not interrupting anything. Come in and make yourself comfortable. What can we do for you?

Jake: I come bearing news!

He said as though it were a proclamation before taking them up on the offer, and finding himself a seat on the couch. 

Jake: One you already know about probably, and that’s Mikayla getting her Nova title shot next Future Shock against Arabella as part of the Cinco de Mayo edition. I’m really looking forward to seeing that. 

Mikayla: I’ve been working hard to prepare for that. It’s going to be a tough match for sure, and with the added pressure of what’s on the line. I am super focused on it though. 

Madyson: If that’s one… what other news do you have?

Jake: The other news revolves around you and Melody actually. After what happened at the end of Mikayla’s match where she won the title shot, Adam informed me he thought the two of you might like to hand out a receipt or two to the Cortez Sisters. And he told me if you both wanted it, he’d make it happen. 

Madyson: Oh hell yes. I’d love the chance to reply to that little display of theirs. 

Melody nodded her head in agreement. 

Melody: I have to agree with Madi. Given the opportunity, we wouldn’t want to let something like that pass without a chance to even the score… the right way, inside the ring. 

Jake: I told him I thought you might, but he wanted to get it confirmed first from the horse’s mouth. Not that I’m calling anyone a horse. At least now they both have different hair colors and everything, so there won’t be difficulty knowing which is which for you.. Or the referee, for that matter.

Madyson: I don’t particularly care which is which, they can both have a slap to be honest. The sisters that is… not the referee. 

Jake: That makes sense. Especially since Luna kinda referred to you both as collateral damage, like if she had broken a couple plates at the table or something. You two are not collateral damage to me, and I don’t blame you for feeling how you do. I’ll let him know to start putting it together, and see if I can get a date for you.

Melody: Thank you, Jake, we appreciate that. 

Madyson: Yeah, thanks Jake. Hopefully Adam puts it together sooner rather than later. 

Jake: If it’s when I think it is, it’s gonna be…. Pretty big.

He said knowingly, once again showing that he might be onto something more than what he’s said. A couple inquiring eyebrows rose in the room before the show heads back to the ring.
Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 09:51:47 pm »

The spotlight hangs over Lexi as she stands in the ring, while the arena lights are dimmed to signify that the main event is next. 

Zack: Wherever you are watching on FFW All Access, thank you for joining us tonight for the third Impact. And we’re about to see two former Future Shock Tag Champions meet for the first time ever. Being part of a successful tag team, I know my partner appreciates these matches as much as anyone.

Claire: There’s a special art behind being part of a successful tag team, Zack. Not everyone - even at the highest level in this industry  - is capable of being successful as part of a team. Right now we’re privileged to see two of the best teams in the sport meet for the first time ever.

Lexi: The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall, and it’s the main event of Future Shock Impact 3!

An upswell of music begins to overtake the arena, fantastic, hopeful and alluring. Ramin Djawadi’s “Dance of Dragons” plays the rapturous tones, before the music drops.

The mood is suddenly a biting one as the lights flare and The Raging Dragons come out from behind the curtain. Sumomo can be seen saying something to Jennifer that the music of their entrance drowns out to the fans in attendance. Whatever it is, it makes Jenny smirk a little bit as the duo begin walking towards the ring, Su shaking hands with some of the fans on her way as Lexi announces their arrival.

Lexi: From San Francisco, California and weighing in tonight at a combined weight of 282 lbs, the team of Jenny Song & Su Wakuda... This is THE RAGING DRAAAGONS!!

Rather less interested in the fans, Jenny marches down the ramp, bold-facedly ignoring a fan near the ring steps that tries to get her attention. The Azure Dragon stomps on the first step in the set, pausing for just a second, her eyes shut as she exhales a breath, before climbing up the steps. She brushes her feet off on the apron, sliding into the ring and backing herself into the corner, while Su hops onto the apron before slipping through the first and second rope, joining Jenny in their corner.

Zack: What makes this special for both the Dragons and NHB is this is the first time either team has been in the main event of a show like this! So I’m willing to bet that will prove to be even more of a motivating factor.

Claire: Both teams will want to leave everything in the ring tonight. Firstly, they will want to top what we’ve already seen tonight. Secondly, they’ll want to prove they deserve to be in this position more often and get themselves the brightest spotlight on the biggest stages.

“Deuce” by Kiss begins to play, Jem runs out of the back and onto the stage area, sprinting across to the far side and bouncing on the balls of her feet as she encourages the crowd to get a little louder. Charging across to the other side of the stage, she once more cheerleaders before heading back to the middle of the stage. Meeting her partner there the two girls double high five and turn it into a hug that breaks as Jem charges down to the ring, sliding underneath the bottom rope. Angela follows her down the ramp, slapping hands with fans. Jem pops up to her feet and makes a tour of the corners, climbing to the middle turnbuckle and throwing her hands into the air to get a cheer from the crowd before moving onto the next one. As Angela reaches the ring, she hops up onto the apron and raises one clenched fist in the air before she enters the ring and walks to the NHB corner to await the start of the match.

Lexi: Approaching the ring at a combined weight of 306lbs, the team of Jem Michaels and Angela Hinchcliffe...NO HOLDING BACK!!!

Zack: Angela and Jem haven’t faced a team quite like the Dragons since arriving in FFW some years ago. But I think that can also be said for the Dragons, because they’ve not met a team with as much experience as NHB.

Claire: You’re right Zack, NHB have been around the block a couple of times and they’ve seen and done just about everything there is to do in this business and they’ve done it at every level too. The Raging Dragons though...they’re something else and NHB are going to have to be at their absolute best as they go against one of the quickest rising young teams in Future Shock.

Referee Jennifer Stringer checks all four women as Lexi heads to the floor, and then calls for the bell to start the match. Jenny chooses to start for her team before Jem heads to the corner, leaving Angela looking across at the Dragon. The two meet in the center before they lock up together. Angela immediately shows her power advantage as she muscles Jenny back into her team’s corner. When the referee calls for the break, Angela gives it just before catching Jenny with a back elbow to the jaw. A flurry of short corner clotheslines follows that before Hinchcliffe backs up a couple steps, and uses an avalanche splash. She tags Jem into the match before the two grab each of her arms, and go to fire her out of the corner only to pull heer right back in back first. Jem heads to the center as Angela goes to swing her into the corner,but Jem reverses it for Angela to crash into her again before stepping out of the ring. 

Claire: No Holding back coming out of the gate hot and we’re seeing the chemistry that has helped them rise to the top of Femme Fatale Wrestling.

Zack: That’s the experience we were talking about. NHB has it in spades, and so far, Jenny’s getting taken to the learning tree right now.

Jem lowers her shoulder, and begins driving thrusts into her abdomen. Four of them land quickly before she makes the tag back to Angela, who scoops the Dragon up overhead into a military press before dropping her stomach across Jem’s knee. The redhead rolls back out to the corner, and Angela climbs up onto the middle rope to execute a trust fall that lands right on top of Jenny’s body. 

Zack: We’re barely a minute into this match, Claire, and we’ve already seen NHB make multiple tags and start isolating Jenny in their corner. 

Claire: They’re using all their experience to their advantage thus far Zack and if they can keep Jenny on this side of the ring, they’ll keep on wearing her down till they can pick up the three count on her.

Angela pulled Jenny up into a rear waistlock, muscling her off her feet before she started shaking her violently. Song’s hair, arms and legs were thrown in every direction before Angela ran towards her corner, letting Jenny’s body absorb the impact of the turnbuckles as it crashed into them. Jem tagged herself in before the pair whipped her into the near side ropes, only to boost her into the air for a double knee gutbuster. Angela rolled out to the corner as Jem made the cover. 

Zack: Jenny’s body is gonna be black and blue by this time tomorrow, and Jem says she’s ready to call it a night!

ONE!!

TWOOOO!!!

Jenny kicked out as the two struck the mat, and Jem got back to her feet. She dragged her by her feet towards the NHB corner, and tagged Angela back into the match. The powerhouse of the duo hopped up onto the second turnbuckle just as Jem went for a catapult, only for Angela to come crashing down with a leg drop across Jenny’s chest. 

Claire: There’s no let up from Angela and Jem. On top of that they’re keeping each other as fresh as a daisy with these quick tags and keeping Su as a virtual spectator a long, long way away from her partner.

Angela pulled the Dragon back to her feet, and sat her on the top turnbuckle. Angela peppered her with forearms to the side of the head, and then tagged Jem. The redhead joined her partner as they climbed to the middle rope together for what looked like a double superplex. But as soon as they were in position, Jenny used a headbutt to wobble each of them and then spiked her heads together, causing both of them to stumble off the ropes and stagger in place. Jenny immediately dove off the middle rope with a double clothesline to take them both down. Song sat up, trying to get her bearings as the referee was trying to get Jem out of the ring.

Zack: That double superplex didn’t exactly go to plan, did it? I know Jenny’s probably sore from stem to stern, but she either needs to work on Angela or go find Su and get a breather.

Claire: If it was me, I’d look to tag in my partner and let the fresh woman go to work on the powerhouse and try to isolate her as NHB were doing to Jenny.

Song finally got back to her feet, and saw Angela getting to all fours. She put a stop to that with a double stomp to her lower back. A rebound off the near side ropes saw Jenny connect with a cannonball senton to Angela’s lower back. She grabbed her feet, and started pulling the powerhouse towards her corner to tag Su. As soon as Wakuda stepped through, Jenny darted across towards Jem and blasted her with a forearm to send her off the apron. The redhead darted back into the ring, causing Stringer to stop her while Su applied a Boston crab to Angela with Jenny working her over with a scissored armbar at the same time. Jem tried to get past the referee, who was seeing none of this because she was trying to get her back to the corner. 

Claire: For all their experience, Jem’s emotions can get the better of her at times and right now it’s costing her partner massively. Though, I’m not sure Michaels would be as effective if you tried to get her to curb those emotions of hers.

Zack: Angela’s trapped in two submissions at once here, and she couldn’t tap out if she wanted to! Stringer is still restraining her partner, while the Dragons work Angela over double time. 

Jem continued trying to point out what was going on behind the referee’s back, but Stringer wasn’t looking and continued to tell her to get back to her corner. She FINALLY did so, and Stringer turned back to see Su with her Boston crab still applied. Jenny had returned to her corner to collect herself as Angela was face down on the mat. Su tried to pull back a little bit more to get more pressure, causing Angela to prop up on her elbows and show the pain she was feeling. 

Zack: The Dragons have done an excellent job of neutralizing the stronger half of NHB, with our senior official none the wise. One submission drains you pretty well, but Angela was feeling the effects of two for a while there. 

Claire: I’m sure Angela won’t thank her partner a bit for giving them the chance to do so. The Dragons have certainly turned the tide and put themselves into the driving seat in double quick time.

Su leaned back a little bit more before Angela used what strength she had to push up on her hands, which allowed her to straighten her legs and send Su into the ropes. The Dragon looked a little amazed at her strength, and immediately went back on the attack. A diving elbow to the back of Angela’s head put her on the mat again before Su tagged Jenny back into the match. As she did so, Su headed to the NHB corner to annoy Jem a little more. A slap across the face did a better job of it before the redhead came back in, and Su headed back to her corner. Jenny applied a sharpshooter on Angela, while her partner used a crossface at the same time. And for the second time, Angela was stuck in two submission holds at once while the referee was trying to get Jem back to her team’s corner. 

Zack: This might as well be a handicap match, Claire! Look at this, they’ve only traded two submission moves for two more after Su baited Jem back into the ring!

Claire: Any time you slap someone across the face they’re going to come looking for payback. Right now though, that means that the Dragons are playing Jem like a fiddle and giving them the perfect opening to take Angela out of this match entirely.

Jem finally left a little quicker this time, and the referee turned to find Jenny back to her feet. She put a few stomps into Angela’s back before dragging her back to her feet. She shoved her into the Dragons’ corner, and made the tag to Su. The two joined forces again as they took turns delivering knife edge chops across her chest. They then whipped her across to the far side, and caught her with double running knees to the stomach on the rebound. It doubled the powerhouse over before a running kneelift from Su dropped her to the mat. Jenny made the tag to Su, who then planted her partner’s head between her legs to powerbomb her onto Angela. Jenny rolled out as Su made the cover. 

Zack: Have you ever seen someone use their own partner as a weapon like that? Angela may be out of it, and who could blame her?!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREE-NOPE!!

Jem came in to deliver a stomp to the back of Su’s head. As the referee went to get her out of the ring again, Jenny came back in illegally before the pair bounced off opposing ropes for one Asai moonsault followed by another. Su rolled out to the corner as Jenny clapped her hands to make it sound like a tag before the referee turned back around. 

Claire: Angela’s getting mugged by the Dragons and everytime Jem tries to help her out, it only opens the door for them to make it worse for the powerhouse.

Jenny began a Garvin stomp, nailing each part of Angela’s body before one leaping stomp to her head ended the move. She pulled her to her feet into a front facelock. It looked like she was going for a vertical suplex, but Angela managed to block it. A couple shots across her back landed before Jenny finally hoisted her up for it. But Hinchcliffe landed on her feet behind her. And when Jenny spun around to grab her, Angela scooped her up for a Rydeen bomb. Both women collapsed to the mat as Jem was bouncing on the bottom rope as she called to her partner to make the tag. Angela rolled onto her stomach, clearly worn down as she looked for her corner. 

Claire: Unsurprisingly Angela is looking much the worse for wear and she HAS to make the tag here. She’s gotta get Jem in the ring and give her a chance to try and reclaim the advantage for the veterans.

Zack: Angela could use a long rest right about now. I don’t remember seeing her get worked over like this against any other teams, at least not to this level. 

Angela started to crawl towards Jem as the redhead was doubled over the top rope with her hand out as far as she could reach it. Su started shouting at Jenny in the ring, and the Dragon was starting to stir a little bit. Angela inched closer to her corner just as Su came into the ring. The referee went to intercept Wakuda as Angela made the tag behind her back. Jem bounced over the top rope, and took off for the ropes as Jenny was getting to her feet. A spear landed that drove Song into the mat before the redhead hopped back to her feet, only to be intercepted by the referee who didn’t see the tag. Su dragged Angela back to her corner as the referee argued with Jem, and let Jenny roll out to her corner after Su clapped her hands to let the referee think she heard a tag. 

Zack: Su saw that tag coming, and drew the referee to her! Jem’s a house of fire, but Stringer’s sending her back because she didn’t see it! And Angela is back in trouble again!

Claire: You’ve got to hand it to the Dragons, they’re doing everything they can to keep Angela isolated...even if they are bending the rules a little bit to do so. Stringer though is letting them have their way so far.

Jenny sat against the corner trying to recover as Su took over in the ring. She pulled Angela back to her feet, only to slam her back to the mat. She dropped two knees into her head, and then headed for the corner to make her way up. She climbed up onto the second turnbuckle from the inside to deliver a double ax handle, but Angela got her foot up and she crashed into that instead. Wakuda crashed to the mat holding her jaw as Angela looked up for her corner again, and started heading towards Jem. 

Claire: Angela’s got to make the tag and she’s got to pray that Stringer doesn’t get distracted this time because I don’t think Hinchcliffe can take much more of this punishment that she’s been absorbing.

Zack: Angela has taken a shellacking from the Dragons, and I don’t see how she could possibly have much left. If she ever gets to tag out, I don’t expect we’ll see much more of her in this match. 

Angela crawled on all fours to make it to her corner, and Su was quickly back to her feet to stop her. Wakuda darted towards Jem, trying to catch her with a forearm. But this time, Jem was ready for it and leaned back out of reach. But before Su could turn around, Angela had popped up between her legs to lift her up into an electric chair that bounced her off the mat. Hinchcliffe sat up and slumped over, mere inches away from her partner as Jem was once again doubled over the top rope trying to coax her into the tag. 

Zack: Look how spent she is, Claire. Angela’s trying to recuperate, you could tip her over with a feather and she doesn’t even see Jem’s hand probably less than a foot away from her!

Claire: All she’s got to do is sit up...or raise her hand. Jem will do the rest. Look at her, she’s desperate to get in there and cool the heels of the Dragons!

Angela took in a few deep breaths as Su started to sit up as well. The Brit saw her partner and tiredly raised her hand to make the tag. This time, the referee saw it as Jem used the top rope for a slingshot into a flying shoulder tackle to Su. the redhead hopped to her feet, and decked Jenny off the apron with a Superman punch. Su started to get back to her feet, and caught a three point stance clothesline from Jem that flipped her up and over to the canvas. The redhead darted for her team’s corner as Angela laid under the bottom rope. A flying elbow drop landed in Su’s chest before she nipped back up to her feet. 

Claire: Jem’s in their legally now, she’s kicked the tempo up into high gear and taking out her frustration on every Dragon that she sees. Su might be regretting doling out that slap earlier on!

Zack: You got that right! Anything that moves, Jem mows it down! And her tag partner has more than earned a few moments of rest!

Jem saw Jenny starting to get up on the floor, and caught her with a baseball slide that sent her back into the broadcast table where Claire and Zack sat. she slid back into the ring, and dragged Su back to her feet into a Northern Lights suplex as the referee slid into position to make the count. 

Zack: Gorgeous Northern Lights suplex from Jem, and that may be the end of the night for the Dragons!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEE-NOO!!!

Su got her shoulder up in time, and Jem quickly got back to her feet. She headed for the corner again, glancing over to see her partner was still laying under the rope trying to pull herself together. Jem immediately launched herself into a shooting star press that landed perfectly on target. She hooked the outside leg again as the referee slid into position.

Claire: Jem’s going high risk and it’s paid off!! She could be three seconds away from victory!!!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NOOO!!

She got pulled off the cover by her foot, thanks to Jenny on the outside. The redhead sat up, and started throwing hands at Jenny’s head between the ropes. Su started to stir on the canvas, and get to her knees. Angela then started to roll back into the ring slowly.

Zack: I think she would have had her right there, were it not for Jenny making the save! It’s devolved now into a melee, and Angela’s trying to come help her partner. 

Claire: Jem needs to ignore Jenny and turn her attention back to Su - she can’t beat Jenny!

Angela’s efforts were for naught though as Su caught her with a sliding forearm that sent her rolling right back out of the ring. Su doubled back as Jem had made it to her feet, trying to scoop her up. But Jem landed on her feet behind her, and caught her as she turned around with a stunner. Su struggled to get to her feet before Jem connected with three jumping roundhouse kicks to her head before pulling her into an inside cradle!

Zack: That’s Jem’s THREE STRIKES!! But here comes Jenny!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Jenny started to dart out of the corner, only for Angela to pull her foot out from under her on the outside. 

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

The referee called for the bell, and Angela fell to a seat on the floor exhausted. Jem rose to her feet, and got her hand raised by the referee. 

Lexi: Here are your winners…………….NO HOLDING BACK!!!

Claire: Three strikes and Su was out on her feet! A good win for No Holding Back after the disappointment of Relentless, but they got pushed all the way by the Raging Dragons and came oh so close to being on the wrong end of the result at Impact.

Jem was about to start celebrating till she looked around for her partner, and rolled out to join her on the outside. She pulled Angela back to her feet, and the brunette was clearly spent at this point, though Jem seemed to have some energy left.

Zack: I think Angela may be more interested in going somewhere to lay down than celebrating at the moment, Claire. NHB showed veteran tenacity and skill tonight, but boy, they got put through the wringer, didn’t they? 

Claire: They did - Angela especially and she might have some stern words for Jem about dealing with her emotions. Raging Dragons proved that the Experience have a mountain to climb to retain the Future Shock Tag Team Championships.

Zack: FFW has ROARED back with a vengeance against the Prospects tonight! Thank you for joining us on FFW All Access, and the Cinco de Mayo special is 2 weeks from tonight! 

The pair started to head for the back before Jem stopped to raise their hands once again, clearly very proud while her partner was exhausted. It was on that image that Future Shock Impact 3 faded off the air.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 10:09:27 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: