Femme Fatale Wrestling
April 19, 2024, 03:17:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

FFW Future Shock - Episode 79

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFW Future Shock - Episode 79  (Read 438 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: June 02, 2020, 06:57:16 pm »

Live from the Future Shock Arena in Boston, Massachusetts
June 2, 2020

A FFW logo is shown stuck on a travel bag as it’s being pulled through the airport. “Leave It All Behind” by Sleeping with Sirens can be heard playing over it. The bag belongs to Arabella Townshend as she heads towards her gate before she gets stopped by a mother and her daughter for an autograph. As she leans down to take a selfie with the little girl, one of the monitors hanging is showing clips from Future Shock.

When you look at my life, tell me what do you see?
I’m only human, so don’t expect too much from me.
I lost my faith, what have I become?
I don't think I can be safe from what I'm running for

The clips feature: Mara Werth getting to her feet and having her hand raised after a match, Nora Harris coming off the top of a cage with an elbow drop, Anna and Luna Cortez bumping fists and heading towards the ring, Su Wakuda reaching for a tag from Jennifer Song, and Gemma Pierce looking at her reflection as it changes from red hair to black, and Leighana sitting up as she looks over to an opponent face down on the floor.

Will you remember me
If I were to fall into the sky?
And what will they think of me
If I leave it all behind?
When I leave it all behind?

Arabella continues through the airport, and takes a seat in her terminal. She checks her cell phone to see her itinerary, and gets tapped on the shoulder by another fan who wants a hug. This puts a grin on her face as she returns it, and they show her videos on their phone of her and several of the Prospects.

Would you be so surprised if I gave up tonight?
I'm barely breathing, I wanna kill the pain I feel inside
But I won't quit for the people I love
So I'll say I'm fine until the day I fucking see the light

The clips show: Cait Flanagan coming to the ring and throwing money over her shoulder, Alessandra and Nadia sitting on adjacent turnbuckles and flashing a smile to one another, Sydney Christensen delivering a tombstone piledriver, the Stone Sisters greeting the ringside fans as they head towards the ring, and Laurie ignoring Jane as she speaks with Sara backstage.

If you feel like you are nothing
If you feel like letting go
I'll be your hope when you are hopeless
Together, we are not alone
You're not alone

The doors open as Arabella heads through the gate to board her flight. And as the door with the Future Shock lightning logo seals shut behind her, we go live inside the arena to a roaring crowd. The camera pans the interior with a new stage design, and spotlights flooding the crowd as they see themselves on the video wall. We then cut ringside with Zack and his broadcast partner, Claire.

Zack: I can’t recall the last time we had a Future Shock as packed as the one on tap tonight. We are live in the Future Shock Arena in scenic Boston, Massachusetts on the last stop before these ladies head for Japan at the Saitama Summit two weeks from tonight. 

Claire: Like you said Zack, before we head to the Land of the Rising Sun, we’ve got an absolutely massive show. It’s jam packed to the point where it’s bursting at the seams and it all builds up to the finals of the Future Shock Cup in our main event.

Zack: Mikayla Stone, Cait Flanagan and now Cassie Mason are all set to make some history tonight. One of them will emerge from our triple threat main event as the 2020 Future Shock Cup winner with a title shot at any prize in Future Shock or a FFW contract awaiting the winner. Those are some prizes that would make anyone envious.

Claire: The Future Shock Cup has a history of transforming lives and putting careers on the fast track to the top - Jo McFarlane is a past winner, for example. One of the three women who have fought their way to the finals tonight will be able to punch their own ticket, call their own shot. We’re going to see them leave it all in the ring tonight!

Zack: Jacqui Minogue will be facing the returning Jamie Winters, who she put on the injured reserve late last year...because she likes to be a magician as a side career. Tonight, she’ll meet her one on one and also find out Lowri’s response to her challenge we heard last show. 

Claire: Heaven forbid that her colleagues have interests and hobbies outside of the wrestling ring and maybe have something they can fall back on should something happen to derail their wrestling careers. Anyway… Jacqui needs to be fully focused on Jamie tonight and not worry too much about Lowri’s response to her challenge, otherwise it’ll be a magical return for Jamie and a very, very bad night for the Australian.

Zack: River Campbell is back in action after a successful outing in the six woman tag on our Cinco de Mayo show, and she’s got Future Shock’s version of Judas in Leighana. She’s had two matches, but only bothered to compete in one where she decimated Ashley Slayton and sent her packing from Future Shock. 

Claire: This is certainly a step up in competition for Leighana, that’s for sure and you know that Christian will have her ready for River. Like you said, the guitarist is coming off a successful Cinco de Mayo show but you know that she’ll be desperate to pick up that first singles win in Future Shock.

Zack: Mikayla Stone won’t be the only sister doing it for herself tonight. Melody and Madyson have some unfinished business with Luna and Anna Cortez, who are also making their in-ring return tonight. Luna is still demanding the Nova Championship be returned to her, but she may want to focus on the two Stone sisters she has to deal with tonight alongside Anna. Not often we have two sister tag teams about to square off, Claire.

Claire: This is certainly a rare occurrence, not only in Future Shock but also in FFW as a whole. Anna didn’t look to be best pleased with her sister when she jumped the Trinity twosome on their return, but nonetheless she’s standing by her. There is a very good chance it might be a decision she regrets when they meet the uniquely talented Stone sisters out for revenge in the middle of that ring tonight.

Zack: There’s also a cloud of suspense in the Future Shock Arena tonight. Last week, the owner of this company tweeted Adam a very simple message: I’m sending you someone Tuesday. We don’t know who that is, possibly a Franchise member? A new member of the roster? Someone we haven’t seen or have seen before? But whoever it is, we’ll find out tonight apparently.

Claire: There’s a lot of intrigue surrounding that missive; a lot of questions that hopefully we’ll get the answers too. Though you know if Samantha is sending someone here to compete then the expectations will be high and Future Shock will be getting one heck of a talent added to it’s roster.

Zack: We’ll find out sooner or later. We’re 2 weeks from heading to Japan for the Saitama Summit, and the last stop starts now. Let’s send it up to our exhibitionist extraordinaire to get things started.

The camera heads to the ring as Lexi is already inside with her microphone, teasing the crowd with glimpses of flesh before she begins. 

Lexi: The opening contest of Future Shock is scheduled for one fall to a finish.

The lights extinguish inside the arena only for a hockey style goal horn to sound; causing a spotlight to snap on and highlight the one, the only, River Campbell stood at the top of the stage playing to the crowd, waving her arms to get them to join in with the clapping and the opening “Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh’s…” of “The Enforcer” by Monster Truck. She nods her head, revelling in it as the lyrics kick in.

“I'm not looking for a fight
If you come at me tonight
I'm gonna make you sorry.
Don't try my patience, son
There's a reason I'm the one,
People stand aside for.”

With a smirk on her face she sets off down the ramp, beating her chest as she does so. When she reaches the ring she climbs up the ring steps. Entering the ring, the musician continues to play to the fans by standing on the middle rope and raising her hand in the air. She repeats this on all four sides of the ring before returning to her corner and waiting impatiently for the match to start.

Lexi: From New York, New York, weighing 133 lbs, standing 5’7” she is...RIVER CAMPBELL!!!

Zack: River Campbell got a little payback on May 5th, and is ready to turn her attention to tonight. She’s not a newbie, she’s been competing in SVW for some time. But the Leighana she might remember from SVW is not the Leighana we have in Future Shock. 

Claire: That’s certainly true. Against Ashley we saw a very vicious, ruthless side to her and was very successful. River has to be prepared for that tonight and given her history - the way she debuted in SVW, I’m sure she’ll be prepared to step up to the plate and give her opponent a fight.

Little Big Town’s “Tornado” comes out through the speakers. As the lyrics hit, Leighana stes through the curtains, a smile on her face and a leather jacket over her ring gear. Beside her is Christian Kincaid, who places a hand on her shoulder with a smile. The two then head down the ramp, where at the bottom, the blonde woman takes towards the ring, sliding on her stomach through the ropes.

Lexi: And her opponent, from Atlanta, Georgia, please welcome LEIGHANA!

Leighana reaches her feet and heads for a corner, where she jumps high and perches herself on the top ropes, looking out around her before jumping again, turning and landing on the middle buckle, and sits on the top buckle as the music fades out. Christian hops the apron and the two share words.

Zack: Leighana is a much different woman from the one many of us remember. And whether you like it or not, it’s certainly proven to work for her. She won a Future Shock Award for her first match here, in which she did absolutely nothing in the ring, Claire. That’s...a rarity.

Claire: It’s definitely a first. We’ve all known for a very long time that Leighana is a highly skilled and talented wrestler but now she’s got a real edge to her in the ring; she’s not prepared to show any mercy and you know that she’ll be happy to take River out behind the woodshed.

Referee Melinda Davis checks both women for weapons as Lexi leaves the ring, and then calls for the bell. River and Leighana move to the center, and lock up immediately. Leighana breaks it though, and jams a thumb into River’s eye in the process. She immediately pulls her head down, and lifts a couple knees into before she shoves her back into the corner. The guitarist is measured for a running forearm, but quickly sidesteps her as she comes forward. It allows Leighana to stop herself before she hits the corner, and River immediately grabs her head to start driving it into the top turnbuckle repeatedly. The fans count off ten shots before the guitarist backs up a couple steps, letting her turn around before throwing combinations with both hands. 

Zack: This is what River knows best, striking and throwing those hands. And Leighana’s catching all she has to give right now.

Claire: River’s not the most technical wrestler - not by a long shot, but she sure as hell knows how to fight. Leighana has to try and take her off her feet and out wrestle her.

Each of the shots catches Leighana flush before she gets fired into the far corner. River follows her in with a corner clothesline before hooking her head and bringing out with a vertical suplex. The musician quickly gets back to her feet, watching as Leighana was starting to do the same. But she didn’t make it far before River shoved her backwards into the ropes. She caught her as she came forward into a fallaway slam before floating over the top of her to make the cover. 

Zack: River’s got her offense going now, and Leighana’s found herself in trouble!

ONE!!!

T-NO!

She kicked out as the two count was coming down, and River quickly followed up with a seated side headlock. Her arm began moving in a circle as she was grinding in the hold. 

Claire: River’s got herself the upper hand in this match but she’s going to have to work hard to keep it, wrenching in the headlock the way she is, is certainly a good start, Zack.

Leighana didn’t stay on the mat long, and started to get back to her feet with River keeping the hold applied. She tried to shove her off, but Campbell whirled around behind her to apply a hammerlock. That worked for a couple seconds till Leighana used her free arm to catch her with an elbow to the side of the head. Two more broke the hold before she spun into her, and delivered a jawbreaker that sent the musician staggering backwards. A look of annoyance on Leighana’s face could be seen as she launched forward to grab her arm and take her down with a short arm clothesline.

Zack: I think we can safely say that Leighana is having a little more trouble with River than she did her last opponent, Claire. 

Claire: Yeah, but everyone expected that this would be more of a test and less of the domination than we saw against Slayton. And it’ll be a lot more impressive if she can pull off the victory too.

She pulled her up into position for a bulldog, but Campbell shoved her off as they started to move. Leighana stopped and turned on a dime before River used a spinning backfist to the jaw to send her stumbling. She followed up with an inverted atomic drop, then backed up a couple steps to use her own head as a battering ram to the blonde’s abdomen. Leighana nearly lost her balance before River began throwing hands again. A flurry of body shots landed before an uppercut dropped her to her knees. Campbell bounced off the near side with a boot to the side of her head to put her back on the mat.

Zack: If it moves, River nails it! I can’t see where she’s focusing on one part of Leighana’s body as much as she is trying to make sure everything hurts when she’s done.

Claire: You keep on changing up targets the way River is Zack and your opponent is going to struggle greatly to defend and guess your next point of offence. It’s an effective way to keep someone on the back foot.

Before Leighana had a chance to get up again, that’s when River began to use a Garvin stomp across each part of her body before one big stomp to her jaw landed. The Boston fans were solidly behind her as she took off for the near side, and came back with a diving fist drop. The only problem was that Leighana rolled out of the way, and she nailed the mat instead. She quickly clutched her hand in pain before Leighana made it back to her feet. A running knee to the side of her head kept River down before Leighana stepped on her hand for a couple seconds prior to stomping it repeatedly.

Zack: Being a guitarist, your hands are crucially important. And the way Leighana is going, River won’t be strumming for a few days at this rate. 

Claire: If nothing else, it could make Jacqui ecstatically happy. River’ll have to focus entirely on her wrestling career and watching tape until her hand recovers.

She dropped down to the mat, pulling River into an armbar before she grabbed her fingers to start bending them backwards. That made Campbell grimace in pain as her fingers were bent further and further backwards. Davis asked her if she wanted to stop the match, and got a shake of her head in response. Leighana continued to pull those digits back a little further, really making River shout in pain. When the referee checked again, Leighana transitioned into an overhead keylock, continuing to contort River’s fingers now behind her head. 

Claire: That’s an awfully good way to dislocate a finger and stop River from throwing those hands again in this contest. Smart, ruthless move from Leighana

Zack: Your fingers aren’t designed or built to take too much punishment. Like your eyes, it’s one of the few parts of your anatomy you can’t really train and get more muscled. 

Another check by the referee got the same answer, but River’s face told how she was feeling despite the answer. Her opponent pulled her down to the mat, pressing her palm against the canvas with her elbow bent before she stomped her elbow down to the mat. Campbell clutched her left arm to her body in pain before Leighana went for a cross armbreaker. She wrapped her legs around River’s left arm, bending it backwards and finding a way to do the same with four of her fingers at the same time. Campbell shouted in pain, prompting the referee to check again.

Zack: We’ve talked about a newer more vicious Leighana than we’ve ever seen, Claire. And this is yet more proof of that. I’ve not seen her use this before. Christian’s really added a lot to her arsenal. 

Claire: Christian is an excellent trainer and he has a track record of improving and adding to his charges skill set. Look at the likes of Scarlett Silver, Rebecka Hate - even the way Kelly has gone from out and out high flyer to someone more at home on the mat. He’s done the same for Leighana.

River immediately began trying to get herself to the ropes. The ring positioning helped her somewhat as she tried to grab the bottom rope with her free arm. But it wasn’t long enough to reach. When Leighana managed to pull her fingers back a little bit further, the guitarist stretched her foot under the bottom rope to get the break. Leighana did so on four, and quickly got back to her feet. She glanced towards Christian with a smirk on her face before rolling out to the floor. She grabbed River’s arm and pulled her towards a corner before she spiked her hand with all her might against the top ring step. 

Claire: Leighana’s doing her best to try and break every bone in River’s hand here tonight. She’ll use anything that she can to achieve that.

Zack: Campbel’s hand is getting introduced to all the ringside real estate, courtesy of Leighana. And judging by her expression, she’s enjoying her handiwork.

The crash against the steel resounded through the arena before Leighana slid back into the ring with her. River instinctively rolled away from her, and got back to her feet. As Leighana approached, Campbell turned into her with a discus punch. But instinct then betrayed her when she used the wrong hand, and doubled over in pain as soon as she nailed it. She gritted her teeth in pain, and saw Leighana coming towards her with some speed now. Campbell surprised her with a Polish hammer to the heart before connecting with a yakuza kick to put her down on the mat. She dove across her, hooking her leg with the good arm before the referee slid into position. 

Claire: You can see how much it hurts her - fireworks must’ve shot up River’s arm when she hit that discus punch, but she’s not letting it slow her down at all!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THE-NOO!!!

The blonde kicked out in time before the three, and River rolled away from her. When she got back to her feet, she was shaking her hand as it was still bothering her. When she spotted her opponent starting to get up though, River took off towards her with a running headbutt to the face that dropped Leighana where she stood.

Zack: I think River has one of the hardest heads in the business, and we’ve seen her damn near knock people out with that move! 

Leighana didn’t get up very quickly at all after that, and ended up rolling towards the ropes. Christian moved around the ring to her side, giving her some advice as River went to get her. The guitarist pulled her back to her feet, and snapped her head back with an European uppercut with the good arm. It rocked Leighana before she got whipped across to the far side before River used a pop-up as she rebounded into a lungblower. The fans came to their feet as she immediately went for the cover!

Claire: HUGE Lungblower from River and you’ve got to give her credit for finding ways to attack her opponent and try to score the three count here.

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO!!

It was just a two as the musician looked up to Davis, and only got two fingers shown to her. River got back to her feet, and headed for the corner before dropping down into a three point stance like a football player. 

Claire: We’ve seen this before Zack!!! River’s going to look to take Leighana’s head off her shoulders just as soon as she gets her feet beneath her!!

She clutched her hand to her body as she shouted to Leighana to get up again. But the blonde didn’t follow orders too quickly. But when she did, Christian could be heard telling her what River was setting up for in the far corner. 

Zack: CK’s trying to tell Leighana what’s going on around here while she’s getting her wits about her! I can’t tell if it’s registering though.

Claire: Kincaid is definitely earning his money tonight. We’re just a few seconds away from finding out if Leighana heard him or if she’s gonna get her world rocked!!

It was unclear if Leighana heard him as she got to her feet just before River barreled out of the corner towards her with her clothesline! It mowed the platinum blonde to the mat before Campbell dove across her for the cover with a leg hook!

Zack: She didn’t need that bad hand to deliver a little bit of RAGIN’ RIVER, did she?!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Davis calls for the bell, and River quickly rolls away from her opponent. She makes it back to her feet, and has her hand raised while clutching her other hand to her body.

Claire: River’s carrying the war wounds and she’s going to need to get that hand looked at - probably x-rayed - but she’ll be happy to have gotten that first singles win underneath her belt here tonight.

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall…………….RIVER CAMPBELL!!

Zack: Not a bad night at the office for River, especially when one of her hands was essentially taken away from her in this match. She’s starting to pick up that old friend, momentum!

The guitarist rolled out to the floor, greeting a few fans along ringside. She used the good hand to slap a few of their hands as she headed towards the back. 

Claire: River might have picked up the win tonight but we saw more of that vicious, violent, uncompromising ruthless streak from Leighana. She’ll be more than a handful for anyone that she stands opposite in that ring and I’m sure will soon find herself in title contention.

Zack: Well done to the front woman of Ragin’ River,, and I doubt this is going to dent the ego of Leighana in the long run. 

As she got to the ramp and was on her way to the back, the show went to a commercial for the Saitama Summit in 2 weeks. 

Carys’ Next Challenge

When the show returns from the commercial break, we’re taken to the back and find Carys McFarlane along with the man in charge of Future Shock. Adam is propped up against his office door as the camera moves closer to pick up the conversation.

Adam: Am I right to guess that after the Cinco de Mayo show that you are ready to put the Matriarchy behind you for the time being? I’m sure it was refreshing to have partners who were there start to finish too...and actually contributed to the team.

There’s an enthusiastic nod from Carys in agreement.

Carys: Oh, absolutely. That was a very long time coming and I am o glad that it’s done! They honestly made me behave in ways that aren’t exactly characteristic, so to get back to how I normally am is a great feeling.

Adam: I had all the faith in River and Lowri. River had all the reason in the world to want another crack at them, and Lowri….well she’s always just a phone call laway because she enjoyed her first time in a Future Shock ring. Nice to have some Welsh women come through who aren’t...well crazy. 

Carys: Definitely, I get the feeling that River isn’t done with them though, they seem to be really good at getting under her skin. But that’s not something I know too much about, so I’m guessing. And yes...but you would know about crazy Welsh women better than most.

Adam: More than any man should. Now I’ve moved onto English women…

He said with a wink and smile before continuing, which got a chuckle from Carys. 

Adam: Anyway, I think it’s about time we let you start getting back to what you came to do: climb the ladder and maybe pick up some championships along the way. What do you think of that idea? 

Carys: I looooooove that idea! Especially he climbing the ladder one! Mostly so I can throw myself off it and look crazy, but we both know you don’t mean actual ladders! I’m gonna assume you have something in mind?

Adam: Always. The Japan show is pretty well locked and loaded, but on the Future Shock after that, I have a brand new opponent in mind for you. Someone you’ve never faced before, which isn’t say a whole lot because I have a roster full of girls you’ve never faced, don’t I? 

Carys: You’re not wrong there! It was part of the appeal when I signed the contract. I’m always up for new challenges, and this place is definitely full of them!

Adam: Well on that show, you’ll be meeting a new challenge. Luckily she doesn’t come with an entourage of two others that are going to try to end your career. I got you penned in to take on Luna Cortez. She should be a whole other challenge from the Matriarchy. What do you think? 

There’s a nod from Carys, which a smile on her face.

Carys: Now I’m the first to admit that I have some...interesting words to say about all three sisters, even if one of them isn’t on this roster anymore. That said, I do enjoy the thought of facing her. When she’s...behaving, I guess is the best word, she’s actually a very good wrestler. So it’ll be a good night, I reckon!

Adam: To hear her tell it, I’m making a mistake by not immediately stripping Mikayla of the Nova Championship and just handing it back to her like a lost library book. 

Carys: It’s nice that she feels she’s owed something, but she disappeared off the face of the Earth for whatever reason it was. That’s not how wrestling works. It’d be different if she had actually lost it in a defence, however.

Adam: Well Katie will be looking for a little payback in Japan. Losing the title to her at Global Wars and then getting dropped on her head on the last show tends to inspire a girl, I’m told. 

Carys: Understandably! I can see where Katie is coming from in that regard, I wouldn’t be entirely happy about being dropped on my head either!

Adam: So that’s a good scouting job for you before you get to meet her. Plus that brings me to the 28th of July. Which is the next Future Shock event...just without a ring. That’s our annual pool party aboard the Norweigan Sky cruise ship in Miami. Think you might like to be part of that? 

As Carys opens her mouth to answer Adam, a voice off screen cuts her off.

Voice: Absolutely! Oh, sorry, you weren;t talking to me!

Into shot walks Luci, greeting both of them with a smile on her face, and turns to Adam, pulling him into a hug. He returns it without hesitation.

Luci: I mean...if you’ll have me there, of course.

Adam: Oh, you were getting the invite too. After all, it’s more than just a show. We’ll be taking over the boat for five days, a paid vacation except for...well I guess you could call it work...being part of the pool party. But not often you get to be part of a show on a cruise liner, right? 

Carys: Count me in for that! I don’t think I’ve ever been on a cruise before! I mean, a couple boat rides here and there but never anything quite as luxurious. Even if it means likely being stuck with people I don’t like for a week.

Luci: Long as no one gets in the way of me getting a tan, it’s all gravy.

Adam: All that you have to do is be there, bring what you need, and be part of the show. With FFW’s 10 year anniversary this month and Future Shock’s in November, I didn’t think many would be averse to a few days on the high seas with catered food and all. Plus an edition of Future Shock on the Atlantic is not something that happens often.

Carys: I don’t think I’ve ever seen a wrestling show on a cruise, much less a Future Shock one. But we all know that’s a first!

Luci: Agreed. I think everyone will enjoy that one. There’s no reason not to.

Adam: It’s the wrestling business. I’m sure someone will find something not to like. But I’ll be happy to have you both, and the entire roster is invited as well as FFW roster members obviously, like Luci here. 

Carys: To quote Jaws...I think you’re gonna need a bigger boat.

Luci: Now, now. Don’t jinx it!

Adam held up two sets of crossed fingers at that comment before the show heads to the ring for the next match. 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 10:37:27 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 06:57:27 pm »

Future Shock returns from the commercial break, and immediately heads back to the ring where Lexi awaits with her microphone. 

Lexi: The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall to a finish. 

The lights go out completely as sisters are doing it for themselves starts to play. A lightning effect of white and blue pyrotechnics erupt, lighting up the stage for a second at a time. In each of the flashes the silhouette of three female figures standing in a line on the stage.

We said, "Sisters are doin' it for themselves"
Standin' on their own two feet
And ringin' on their own bells

The pyrotechnics finish and as the lights come back up a sound like thunder plays on top of the music track and a puff of smoke comes from the bottom of the stage, still hiding the female figures for a moment. The smoke clears to reveal the three Stone sisters; Melody, Madyson and Mikayla standing hand in hand with their heads raised, looking towards the ceiling.

Now this is a song to celebrate
The conscious liberation of the female state
Mothers, daughters and their daughters too, oh yeah
Woman to woman, we're singin' with you

Lexi: Introducing at this time Melody, Madyson and accompanied by Mikayla, together they are…...TRINITY!

They unlink their hands and take off to the ring at a run and all jump up onto the apron at the same time. Melody and Madyson stand at a corner each, while Mikayla jumps up to sit on the top rope; all facing out towards the crowd. The two older sisters climb through the ropes while Mikayla stands up on the top rope and then backflips into the ring to land between them with a smirk. The three make their way to the corner and share some hushed words as the music comes to an end.

Zack: The Nova Champion is out here with her sisters for their match. Those three go everywhere together in Future Shock. Melody and Madyson would like to start climbing the tag team ladder, and certainly have the support system to do it. We’ll see Mikayla later tonight in our main event.

Claire: This would be a great way for them to get a little traction in the tag team division and start to get into position to challenge either the Laurie Jane Experience or the Raging Dragons - whoever leaves Saitama with the titles in two weeks time.

Look out, they're closing in on you now
Wake up, or you’ll wake up six feet down
Nobody's got your back in this town
Knock 'em. In the. Teeth. NOW!

The intro to Set It Off's "Killer in the Mirror" starts on the sound system, and lights start blinking in random colors as Luna and Anna Cortez walk onto the entrance ramp, soon joined by her manager Christian Kincaid. Him and Anna wait for Luna to strike her dance-like pose… Before Anna just softly shrugs her shoulder and marches down the ramp towards the ring. Anna is quick to snap back into motion as she dashes towards Anna to match her twin’s pace.

Lexi: And their opponent, escorted to the ring by Christian Kincaid... From Fort Worth, Texas... LUNA AND ANNA CORTEZ!

When the twins climb into the ring, Anna makes her way to the far turnbuckles and steps on the second rope and sitting on the top rope, staring into the audience without breaking contact with them, while Luna makes her way to the ropes facing the hard camera, stepping onto the second rope and sitting on the top rope, her back turned to the hard cam and the audience, as she makes a pose similar to the one she did atop the ramp. They eventually back down from the ropes and take their place in the corner, strategizing with Christian before the match starts..

Zack: Christian’s a busy man tonight. He was out here with Leighana earlier, and now we’ll see how much ring rust, if any, the Cortez Sisters have. If Tara’s last match in FFW was anything to go by, I wouldn’t expect Anna and Luna to have very much either.

Claire: Anna and Luna were certainly starting to build a head of steam before they took a short hiatus from the business and Luna’s demands for the Nova Championship to be returned certainly indicate they’re looking to pick up where they left off. That’s going to be easier said than done against the Stone Sisters.

Referee Stephen Wilson checks all four women for hidden objects as Lexi leaves the ring, and then calls for the bell to start the match. Both Madyson and Melody converse briefly before Melody chooses to start the match. Anna meets her in the center, and seems to be apologizing for what happened that caused all the strife. Melody looks skeptical as Anna continues to explain...before Luna rushes past her and catches the brunette with a cheap shot to the side of the head. Anna gives her sister a glare as she gets out of the ring, and immediately turns into a flurry of right hands from Melody. Multiple right hands land upside her head before the witch drops her with a running bulldog. 

Zack: It certainly looked like Anna was trying to make amends, and that plan worked for all of a few seconds before Luna got a shot in! Now Anna’s paying for it!

Claire: If that was a tactic to get the Cortezes an early advantage, it backfired pretty badly and Anna might want to have a couple of words with her sister about it.

Melody pulled Anna back to her feet, and sent her into the corner with a hard Irish whip. Cortez hit back first just before Stone came in behind her with a clothesline to the back, driving her into the corner a second time. She snapped her into a rear waistlock to deliver a belly to back suplex. Before Anna could get up, she quickly tried to apply a crossface but the baby of the Cortez triplets broke away from her and got to the ropes. That didn’t deter Melody in the slightest though as she charged towards with a knee to her ribs. She scooped her up, and dropped her across her knee before reaching for the tag to Madyson. Melody quickly whipped Anna across for the ride before they executed a double dropkick to put her down.

Zack: It’s been a little while since the last time we saw Melody or Madyson in the ring, but it’s clear to me that they haven’t been skipping gym days at all. A little tandem offense there!

Claire: They’re both looking good and fired up her tonight and they’re pitching a shutout against Anna here who is pretty much paying for everything they’ve put the Stone sisters through.

They both pulled her up, and whipped her across again before Melody picked up her sister and threw her at Anna into a high cross body block. Madyson quickly got back to her feet, and dragged Anna with her. She shoved her back into the near side corner, and began to bury knees into her abdomen. Five quick shots in a row landed before she scooped her legs out from under her into a catapult that saw Anna faceplant on the mat. She immediately doubled back to the corner, tagging Melody once more into the match. Madyson hoisted her up for a wheelbarrow facebuster. But before she could come down again, Melody hit the near side and caught her with a running neckbreaker before making the cover. Wilson slid into position to make the count. 

Claire: Excellent tag teamwork from Melody and Madyson. They’re dominating this match up and making an excellent argument to be put into contention for the Future Shock Tag Titles tonight!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOO-NO!

Anna kicked out as the two struck the mat, and Melody was back to her feet fairly quickly. She took off towards the ropes, but caught a kick to the lower back from Luna on the outside. It stopped the witch in her tracks, and gave Anna a second to recover before Cortez charged her with a running high knee to the jaw.

Zack: Melody was really getting her offense rolling, but she got too close to Luna on the apron. Now Anna’s got herself an opening.

Cortez took a second to get herself together as Melody was getting up before she lifted her into a kneebreaker. That put her down, and Anna followed up by pressing her leg to the mat, and driving her knee into it repeatedly. Six shots landed before Anna pulled her towards the ropes, and draped her foot across the bottom. Cortez left her feet, and drove all her body weight into Melody’s knee. She did it twice more, and then applied a single leg Boston crab.

Zack: Anna got her opening, and she’s found her body part in the meantime. She’s got some resiliency after taking all that punishment. I’d have thought she would go for a tag the first chance she got. 

Claire: After the attacks she suffered and the good work we’ve seen from the Stone Sisters, a tag would probably have been a good idea. As it is this Boston Crab is putting all the pressure on Melody and giving Anna time to recover.

Madyson cheered her sister on from her corner as Anna kept the hold applied. But it was clear Melody’s leg was the worse for wear, especially her knee. Cortez used her free hand, and drove punches into the side of her knee, prompting the referee to check for a submission. Melody shook her head. The brunette started to try to pull herself towards the ropes. She only got a couple feet before Anna pulled her towards her corner, and applied a kneebar instead. Christian moved towards his client, encouraging her to make the tag. As a result, Anna reached up and Luna tagged herself in. 

Claire: This is an excellently applied kneebar and here comes Luna - we get to see exactly what sort of condition she’s in and whether there’s any ring rust on her.

Zack: Luna’s a little more...how to put this….easily distracted. But so far, she’s picking up where her sister left off. 

Anna kept the hold applied before Luna used a knee drop into Melody’s head. The submission was broken before Luna grabbed both of her legs, and pointed the referee towards Christian on the floor. Wilson glanced over to him as Luna stomped her between the legs, and immediately applied a figure four leglock. Anna shook her head as the referee turned back around, once more kneeling to see if Melody wanted to stop the match. 

Zack: The referee should not be taking cues from Luna, and it hurt Melody in one of the worst ways possible when he did. 

Claire: You’re not kidding Zack, it’s certainly not going to make Melody any happier and it’s nice to see nothing has really changed when it comes to the Cortez twins taking shortcuts.

It didn’t take long for Luna to start taking advantage of the situation since she was near her corner, and reaching up to grab the middle rope. The pain intensified as Melody couldn’t stay still on the mat. But when the referee looked back to Luna, she was propped up on her elbows with a sweet smile on her face. Wilson went back to checking on Melody before Luna grabbed the middle rope again. Stone shouted in pain until the referee looked back again, still finding Luna propped up on one elbow and waving to her manager standing nearby on the floor.

Claire: It’s one of the oldest tricks in the book. You’d think an official this experienced would be wise to it by now, wouldn’t you?

Zack: You’d hope so. Being that close to the ropes is just too tempting for someone like Luna. What does Wilson think is making that rope shake? Does he think someone left a window open?

Wilson looked a bit more skeptical this time as he looked back to Melody. As soon as she started writhing again, he immediately snapped his head back to see Luna letting go of the ropes. The official called for the break as Luna argued with him, stopping his count and allowing her to keep the hold applied that much longer as they argued. Finally, he realized what she was doing and broke the hold himself, causing Luna to get to her feet in a huff. 

Zack: Luna got every second of that hold and a lot more, because she’s playing Wilson like a saxophone! Melody desperately needs to get to her corner, while Luna’s pouting. 

Claire: Damn right Zack. After that kneebar and figure four leglock Melody’s knee must be torn apart and on fire. She could really do with getting Madyson in there and give herself a little time to recover.

Luna leaned down to grab Melody’s legs again, presumably to put the hold back on her. But Stone pulled her knees up, and caught Luna with an elbow to the top of her head. It dropped Cortez to a knee, and Melody started to pull herself away. She got to the ropes to help her stand up, and deliver a mule kick to Luna’s body when she went to get her. As soon as Cortez was upright, Melody used a spinning leg lariat with the bad leg to take her down. And she went down with her, rubbing her right knee all the while. Madyson encouraged her to get to the corner, reaching out for the tag as Christian advised Luna to do the same thing. She reached across to tag Anna in, while Melody was pulling herself along the ropes towards her corner. 

Claire:  Melody has to find a way to get her sister into this contest. She’s got to find a way to fend off Anna otherwise this could turn out to be a bad, bad night for the Stone’s.

Zack: Both of these teams, despite some layoffs, have shown they are just as effective as ever. And right now, Anna’s about to close the gap on Melody and not to help her either!

Stone got halfway to her corner along the ropes before Anna charged her with a running knee to the head. It nearly sent her out of the ring before Cortez pulled her back to her feet, and executed a fisherman’s suplex for the cover. Wilson dropped into position to make the count. 

Zack: Anna with a grapevine of the leg looking to put Melody away!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREE-NOPE!!!

Claire: NO!!! Beautiful fisherman’s suplex. Came oh so close to victory, but thanks to Madyson, no cigar for Anna tonight.

Madyson broke up the fall when she darted into the ring, and dropped a leg across Anna’s chest. She threw in a few right hands to go with it until the referee tried to restrain her. As he did, Luna came back into the ring with a knee drop into Melody’s body. Each of the sisters grabbed a leg, and yanked them apart like a wishbone. By the time Madyson was back in the corner, so was Luna in hers. 

Claire: Well, if there’s one thing that you can say for the Cortez twins, they never miss the chance to take advantage of an opening. Madyson might have just made things worse for Melody.

Zack: No question about it. You know she wants in there the worst way, but she has to control her emotions a little more. That’s something NHB knows about too.

Anna grabbed her feet, and looked to be applying a sharpshooter. But when she leaned down, Melody grabbed her head into a headbutt. It wobbled Anna backwards a couple a steps as Stone headed towards the corner again. She lunged towards Madyson to make the tag to a pop from the crowd. Anna spun around into a flurry of right hands, rocking her back into the corner until the referee turned around. He’d been with Luna who had gotten into the ring seconds before the tag. Wilson immediately went to stop Madyson since he didn’t see the tag. And when Melody was about to roll out to the floor, Luna dragged her back to her team’s corner, where Anna immediately began stomping her knee. 

Claire: And we’re back to Stephen Wilson getting played like a cheap fiddle with Luna and Anna keeping the upper hand. Melody’s going to need a whole bathtub full of ice if this continues!

Zack: Like it or not, it’s been damn effective! The Cortez girls have done an outstanding job of keeping Melody right where they want her!

The referee was still trying to get Madyson back to her corner as Anna pulled Melody up into the corner. As soon as she did though, Melody started throwing hands at both Luna and Anna! Several shots connected on both girls before she used them to headbutt the other. It dropped Anna to a knee, and sent Luna off the apron. The fans started getting loud again as Madyson implored her sister to make the tag, now that she was back in the corner. Mikayla was doing the same thing on the floor as the eldest Stone sister started crawling towards her corner. 

Zack: Everyone in the Future Shock Arena as well as the Nova Champion is BEGGING Melody to make the tag! I’ll give her credit, she puts up a hell of a fight on one good leg!

Claire: She’s got a whole lot of heart and to her credit has no idea when she’s beaten! C’mon Melody!!! Make the tag and let’s see Madyson give the twins what they deserve!

Melody crawled inch by inch towards her corner as Christian was trying to get Anna to stop her since she was the legal woman. Cortez finally got her wits about her, and took off after her opponent just as Melody made the tag to a pop from the crowd. Madyson launched herself over the top rope with a flying shoulder tackle to take Anna down. The Boston crowd was louder still as she took off towards the corner, and nailed Luna off the apron again with a Superman punch. Stone pounded the mat with both fists as Anna started to get up, and she wasn’t up long before a running mid-air knee strike caught her on the jaw. 

Zack: Madyson is like a bull in a china shop! She’s hitting anything that moves, and what a shot right there! Anna’s getting rocked, and Melody can finally get a reprieve!

Claire: Madyson’s taking the fight to both the twins here and relieving the frustrations that have got to have built up watching them take advantage of her sister.

The middle child of the Stone sisters waved for Anna to get up. When she did, Madyson bolted towards the ropes and came back with a spear that folded Anna’s legs over her head on the mat. Stone quickly went for the cover as Wilson dropped into position.

Zack: There was damn near a fourth Cortez after that spear! Jesus, the Stone girls are gonna pull this out right now!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO!!

A curb stomp to the back of Madyson’s head as she was holding down Anna broke up the cover, and Luna dragged her away with two handfuls of hair. Anna rolled to her side, holding her ribs. 

Claire: What’s good for the goose is good for the gander! Madyson broke up the pin and Luna’s repaying the favour and keeping her team in this match!

Luna pulled Madyson to her feet, and fired her into her team’s corner. But as she approached, Madyson spun her into the corner and climbed up to the middle turnbuckle to unload relentless elbows to the top of her head. As she did this though, Anna popped up between her legs and drove her into the canvas with a sitout powerbomb. Luna leaned against the corner in a daze as Anna made the cover. 

Zack: Madyson got too caught up with the wrong Cortez, and that may cost her!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NOOOO!!

She kicked out, and rolled away from Anna. Luna collapsed to the apron, and rolled to the outside. Stone started to get back to her feet with the help of the ropes. When Anna went to grab her from behind, she countered with a stunner that put them both on the mat. 

Claire: STUNNER!!!! But that powerbomb has certainly taken the stuffing out of Stone!!! This is a race back to their feet Zack!!

With both women down, it was Luna who darted towards the ropes. She used them to deliver a slingshot corkscrew Arabian press to Madyson. She quickly pulled Anna onto the cover as Wilson dove into position. Melody tried to step through the ropes, but Luna kicked it between her legs to stop that.

Zack: It’s the family finisher right there!! Luna with the C-BOMB, and Anna on the cover!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Wilson called for the bell to boos from the crowd. Luna headed towards Anna, yanking her up to her feet. Anna had to lean against the ropes, still holding her ribs before the referee raised their hands. 

Claire: Excellent presence of mind by Luna to secure the victory. I’m not sure how much Anna knew about it to be honest, but regardless, they’ve picked up the win.

Lexi: Your winners by pinfall……………..ANNA & LUNA CORTEZ!!!

Christian stepped through the ropes to check on Anna for a moment before she got back to her feet, and he congratulated both of them. The fans in Boston were not nearly as congratulatory.

Zack: For their first match back in months, the Cortez Sisters showed me an awful lot. They are as dangerous as ever, and just as effective! Now Luna heads to Saitama in 2 weeks for a rematch with the woman she took the Nova title from last year…..and still thinks she should have returned. 

Claire: It’s going to be a big night for Luna in two weeks time and you’re right Zack, there was no ring rust evident tonight. I’m sure that Luna will probably be looking for a tag title shot after victory here...but the Stone’s performance will certainly have moved them up the pecking order too.

Christian holds the ropes open for the sisters as they exit the ring. He raises their hands again on the way up the ramp as the show cuts to a commercial break. 

Finishing The Trilogy

A short clip highlighting the forthcoming Future Shock Tag Title match at the Saitama Summit is shown, featuring the first two matches between the Laurie Jane Experience and the Raging Dragons. After it ends, we find both Laurie and Jane on either side of a monitor as someone off screen speaks to them.

Voice: Thank you for joining me. I wanted to show you some footage and get your thoughts with the rematch you have coming up in Saitama, Japan on the horizon. First of all, congratulations on achieving your goal to become the Future SHock Tag Champions.

Laurie: Thank you. It’s been one heck of a journey that I’ve been on and I can’t believe that I’m the Future Shock Tag Champions. It’s like a dream come true for me. To be a Champion in a place as competitive as Future Shock.

Jane: And just like I told you all I would be and have proven time and time again. I had her back every step of the way. So much for all those people and all those theories bout us not being on the same page or not working as a unit. I think we’ve got the hardware now that pretty much conclusively proves otherwise. I mean, we all have our own little foibles, don’t we?

Voice: No question about that. As the champions, you now inherit a division filling up with teams looking to relieve you of those titles. And I don’t just mean the Raging Dragons. There’s familiar foes like Target Acquired and new potential challenges from Trinity who is on tonight’s show as well as the Cortez Sisters and the Doomsday Sisters, to name a few. Do you find that daunting or exciting? 

Laurie; C’mon Mr. Voice Over Man, how can it be anything other than exciting? You’ve got the Dragons who are amazing. Target Acquired that are a good mix of strength and speed. Trinity who are simply unique and unlike anything anywhere else in wrestling. The underhand and devious Cortez Twins and then you’ve got the Doomsday Sisters who have certainly had their Oaties and their protein shakes and half dozen raw eggs in the morning and probably train like they are Australian female versions of Ivan Drago. I can’t wait. Pit me in the ring against any of them and I think I’d stand a pretty good chance. Or at least I’d be able to hold my own. I certainly wouldn’t take any of them lightly or write them off.

Jane: We can’t really afford to. Hard work starts here and now. We now the cliche that it’s harder to keep a title than it is to win one...and cliches are cliches for a reason. We’re certainly not sitting back on our laurels believing the job is done.

Voice: Obviously the team we are going to be focusing on here is your opponents in Saitama. You’ll be completing what is now a trilogy when the Raging Dragons look to regain their tag titles in their own home country in the Saitama Super Arena with thousands of their fans in attendance. So I wanted to discuss a couple clips with you. 

The voiceover ends as the monitor between the girls comes to life.

Courtesy of FFW Future Shock 71 - January 14, 2020

Jenny got to a kneeling position for a split second, long enough for Jane to launch out of the corner. She ducked Jane’s knee strike, and caught her as she passed into a roundhouse kick to the back of her head. Su managed to break away from Laurie on the floor, and the pair caught Jane in their team finisher…

Zack: DRACARYS!!!

Song dove into the cover as Su stood guard before the referee slid into position to make the count. 

ONE!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Fisk called for the bell as Su pulled her partner to her feet, and shared a hug with her. The referee returned to them the tag titles. Laurie looked up to the pair from the floor with her mouth agape, while Jane lay on the mat still.

Kat: Your winners of the match AND STILL FFW Future Shock Tag Team Champions…..THE RAGING DRAGONS!!!

Steph: Given all the chaos of the match I’m almost surprised that the Dragons survived this one. The Laurie Jane Experience proved to be a...Very different animal.

A crestfallen Laurie started to head towards the back, leaving Jane in the ring as the Dragons raised their titles high over their heads on adjacent corners. 

Zack: The Dragons proved to be just as good as they have always been in what was easily a frenetic tag title match, to say the least! And Laurie….well she’s just leaving Jane behind.

Steph: I... Laurie. She’s your tag team partner. YOUR TAG... TEAM... PART-NER!

As the champions continued their celebration of a successful retention, Laurie was already gone and Jane was starting to get up in the ring. 

~ ~ ~

Voice: A phrase has been used over and over in describing this rivalry as far as learning lessons. What did you learn about the Raging Dragons that night that perhaps you didn’t already know going into it? 

Jane: Not to get kicked in the head? Not to find yourself falling victim to Dracarys?

There was a slight laugh from Jane.

Jane: It’s like anything in this world - it’s easy to talk about and sound like an expert on a subject if you’ve got just a little bit of knowledge. But there’s no substitute for actually getting in there and being in the middle of it all. There’s no substitute for getting your hands dirty. That and you always learn a little bit more in defeat than you do in victory. As much as anything else, this was a lesson in limiting our own mistakes.

Laurie: You never know how hard someone punches or kicks...until they do to you and they catch you square in the face with it. I don’t mean to say that I under-estimated Jenny or Su when I walked into that match, not at all. I knew I’d be in for a beating and I’d hurt the next morning. More a case that on that one night in January they were ever so slightly better than I was...and sometimes that just happens, doesn’t it Mr. Voice Over Man? You hold your hands up and say on that night they executed better.

Voice: That’s certainly a good way of looking at it. But now this next clip, I’m going to ask the question again...but in the opposite direction. Let’s take a look. 

Courtesy of FFW Future Shock Sheffield Showdown - March 10, 2020

Claire: Laurie had just enough time to recover thanks to the distraction! But she’s in dire straits. She needs something, from somewhere, if she’s to grab the tag titles tonight!

It looked as though they were going for a tandem move before Jenny got jerked out of the ring by her feet. Jane pulled her to the outside, and sent her headfirst into the barricade. The blonde slid into the ring before she and Laurie delivered a double snap brainbuster to Su. Laurie dove into a cover as Jane stood guard!

Claire: THE DRUGS DON’T WORK!!!!  The Experience have hit it perfectly!! Su’s out cold after that impact!!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Wilson called for the bell to a pop as Laurie got to her feet. The referee called for the bell, and immediately raised both women’s hands in victory. 

Zack: History has been made in Sheffield, and the Laurie Jane Experience has surprised us all! Tell’em about it, Lexi!

Lexi: Here are your winners by pinfall…..AND NEEEWWW FFW Future Shock Tag Team Champions…… THE LAURIE JANE EXPERIENCE!!

Claire: They came up short last time, but they’ve bounced back in the best way possible and have come on in leaps and bounds over the last six weeks! The Dragons pushed them to their limit and were moments away from victory themselves. I can’t wait to see the rubber match between these teams!

The referee went to award them the titles before Laurie scooped both of them up, raising them above her head with a bright smile on her face. Jane went to get one of the titles, but Laurie had already rolled out to the floor and was heading up the ramp with them.

~ ~ ~

Voice: That was certainly a big night for you on foreign soil, no less. What do you think the Raging Dragons learned about you that they didn’t going into the rematch? 

Laurie: I think they’ve learned not to take me lightly; that I can be quite the force when I want to be and that I can toe to toe with pretty much anyone and am better than I look. I think in Saitama, they’ll be more pumped and more determined and more driven than ever to reclaim the title of Future Shock Tag Team Champions from me - after all they’ll be on home soil and they did spend a lot of time talking about setting records and not wanting to be the shortest reigning. They get a chance to make a little bit of history in two weeks time as the first ever two time Champions.

Jane: That might be the biggest thing they take away from their loss to us the last time. Not to get complacent or take things lightly simply because they’ve beaten us before. We’re now 1-1. It’s the big rubber match with all the marbles on the line. I’m sure they’ll be going all out not to let last time repeat itself and to be the better team on the night in Japan. We’ll need to match that fire and that intensity. We will.

Voice: Do you feel like perhaps you are walking into hostile territory? After all, this is their country and practically in their backyard. Do you think that tilts the table against you at all? 

Laurie: It might… I mean, from what I understand Japanese crowds are totally different to American ones. Maybe they’ll find the adjustment to that a little easier than I will? Or maybe they’ve been over here so long it’ll be almost as alien to them too? I guess we’ll not find out till the time comes.

Jane: I’m not sure it matters if it does tilt the table in their favour or not. If we are truly serious about being the best - the very, very best - then this is just another challenge we need to meet head on and that we need to overcome. Besides, when you work for a wrestling company with a global reach, that attracts talent from all over the world and every year embarks on a world tour...these are the sort of things you’ve got to get used to doing. 

Voice: Thank you for talking with me today, and good luck in your title defense 2 weeks from tonight at the Saitama Summit. 

The shot fades to a graphic of the booked match in Japan for the Future Shock Tag Titles, and then we head back to the live broadcast. 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 10:45:29 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 06:57:38 pm »

After the commercial break, the show is right back in the ring once again with Lexi ready and waiting to begin the next introductions. 

The sitars and the electronic beat of t+pazolite’s “Magic Raffles” blare through the sound system as the stage is covered in dry ice fog. From the back, in a soft sprint, comes the “Magical Girl” Jamie Winters holding on to her magician’s hat, greeting the crowd with a big smile. She spins on her heels and strikes a pose as playing cards starts raining from the stage and the lights blink in white and baby blue. She then starts skipping down the entrance ramp to the beat of her song, sharing high-fives with the people who have their hands extended out to her, and stopping to give rabbit stickers to the children in the audience, that she “generates” using her magic tricks.

Lexi: Introducing first… From Lowell, Massachusetts… JAMIE WINTERS!!!

Finally, she reaches the ring, hopping onto the ring apron and then hovering in though the second rope. She quickly hops onto the bottom rope and leans on the top rope, flashing her playing cards with her rabbit stickers on them, before throwing those cards into the crowd and finally hopping down to the ring.

Zack: Jamie Winters spent several months rehabbing her knee after Jacqui Minogue slammed a metal door on it repeatedly. Why? Because Jamie, like River before her, isn’t serious enough about her career in Jacqui’s mind. She’s not focused enough for Jacqui, who doesn’t want someone here who has any kind of life other than wrestling seemingly.

Claire: Jacqui certainly sets a high bar as to what she expects in terms of commitment and dedication to this business and this industry, but you know what they say Zack, ‘All work and no play makes you a dull person’. Jamie, like River, is going to be going all out tonight to prove that it’s possible to be dedicated to wrestling and have interests elsewhere too.

As the intro of “Superstar” by 95 TurboSol blares into the arena, generating thunderous reaction from the crowd, a lightshow of blue and white lights ignites the stage area and ramp and flashes continuously across both areas, bearing a striking resemblance of a futuristic spaceship setting. At the same time, smoke emerges from the bottom of the stage and fills the area.

Then, as the song begins, Jacqui Minogue emerges through the smoke and stands on stage, her hands on her hips as she scans through the environment and eventually the ring while the crowd continues to shower her with their reaction.

Lexi: Making her way to the ring, representing The Matriarchy...weighing 140 pounds…from Melbourne, Australia…She is “The Perfect Storm”…JACQUI MINOGUE!!!!!

Jacqui then comes down the ramp toward the ring with her arms extended outward and sporting a cocky demeanor. When she reaches the ringside area, she stands there taking in the atmosphere of the arena as the fans continue to show their reactions. She then climbs up the apron, wipes her feet on the apron, and enters the ring, Jacqui strides towards two opposite ring posts in where she climbs up and extends her arms out and then shortly shows off her trademark triangle hand signal, to represent her faction, all while looking on with a smirk and posing to the crowd with complete confidence. She’s taking in the atmosphere while the crowd reaction continues and the cameras flashing.

After going through her ritual, Jacqui climbs down and makes her way towards the corner to take off her jacket and then readies herself as she waits for her opponent to arrive (or for the match to begin).

Zack: If you ask me, Jacqui Minogue makes enemies faster than anyone around here. And for being different in her approach, that makes Jamie as guilty as River in Minogue’s mind. After this match, we’ll be hearing from another woman she’s targeted: Lowri Moss. But I think she’s got plenty to keep her occupied meanwhile.

Claire: Jacqui certainly seems to enjoy having a conveyor belt of wrestlers ready and willing to try and kick her ass all around the ring. Maybe this is why she has the attitude that she does, Zack. She simply doesn’t have the time for any hobbies or interests outside of wrestling, instead all her time is spent training and preparing and watching tape on the long list of people that want her head.

As soon as Ashley Pruitt checks both women and calls for the bell, Lexi barely makes it out of the ring in time before Jamie takes off towards Jacqui with a low shoulder tackle that sends her back into the corner. She starts unloading with furious right hands to the head, causing the Aussie to cover up with both arms in front of her face. But that doesn’t deter Jamie in the slightest before she starts using her feet to deliver kicks to her body. It finally drops Jacqui’s guard before Jamie uses a hair mare to send her out of the corner. The brunette tries to get to all fours quickly, but not quickly enough before Winters bounces off the near side with an axe kick to the back of her head. 

Zack: There’s no smile on that face like we’ve seen before. That’s nothing but anger for months of rehab because Jacqui doesn’t like what she does as a side job!

Claire: Wrestling can be a short career at the best of times; the last thing you want is someone taking more time off that Zack. 

Minogue starts to sit up on her knees, and Jamie takes full advantage of that with a series of kicks into her chest. Seven in a row landed as the crowd counted them before Jamie pulled her by both arms into an underhook into a future shock  DDT. She rolled back to her feet, and headed for the corner. Jacqui barely had time to move before a knee drop from the top rope landed onto her back, and Winters nailed a standing fist drop into her face when she rolled over onto her back. 

Zack: Jamie’s leg is certainly back at 100%, because she’s putting the boot leather to the “Perfect Storm” of the Matriarchy! Jacqui brought this all on herself!

Claire:  We are certainly seeing Minogue’s chickens come home to roost and Jamie’s not even halfway done yet. Jacqui’s not even had a chance to try and use her power as the difference maker thus far.

Winters rolled her onto her stomach, and pulled her arms up behind her before she resumed with multiple stomps to the back of her head to a defenseless Minogue. The final stomp had a little more ‘oomph’ behind it as she stomped her face into the canvas. With a scowl on her face, Jamie returned to the corner again and started waving at Jacqui to get back to her feet. The Aussie was slow to do so before Jamie came off the top rope with a meteora knee strike to her chest. The referee dropped to count, but Jamie wasn’t going for a cover as she unloaded with straight right hands into Minogue’s head!

Claire: There’s no magic here tonight, just out right rage and a desire from Jamie, it looks like, to return the favour and put Jacqui on the shelf. She’s really pounding away on her with those rights and lefts.

Zack: To see her backstage, you wouldn’t recognize Jamie tonight. Any other time, she’s smiling and thrilled to be here. But right now, she’s all business and Jacqui hasn’t fired a shot!

She finally got to her feet, and took off towards the ropes. She used them for a springboard into a lionsault, but brought her knees up on the way down to drive them into Jacqui’s body. She grabbed her head with one hand, and laid in a few more right hands with the other. Jamie hopped back to her feet, and had the Boston crowd roaring in her favor at this point. She paced back and forth for a moment, and crouched in the corner to wave Jacqui back to her feet. Minogue rose to a vertical base before a handspring back elbow caught her on the jaw followed by Jamie pulled her forward into a twisting neckbreaker. 

Zack: For nearly a half way, this woman sat at home waiting on her knee to mend. She had all that time to watch Jacqui have match after match while she couldn’t, and think about everything she was gonna do when she got her hands on her! We’re seeing it!

Claire: Jamie just needs to be careful that she doesn’t punch herself out before she tries to win this match. I mean it’s all well and good beating her to a pulp and getting revenge...but anger will only fuel you for so long and this is still a match.

Jamie pulled her back to her feet, and whipped her across for the ride before following behind her with a clothesline that sent Minogue through the ropes. She stopped herself from falling off the apron until Jamie snapped her neck over the top rope, causing her to fall backwards and land on her feet ringside. Winters took off for the other side, and sailed through the ropes with a Superman punch that decked her to the floor. 

Zack: Winters knows how to fly, and what’s worse for her opponent, she knows how to land too! A jaw rattling Superman punch, and Jacqui….what have you done? Jame is on pure adrenaline!

Claire: This is a hugely impressive performance from Winters! The Australian doesn’t know whether she’s coming or going right now. If you were coming to this match without knowing the history of it, you wouldn’t know the Magician had spent six months on the sidelines.

Jamie hopped back onto the apron, and headed for the corner to make her way to the top rope once again. Jacqui was still down on the floor, and was slow to get up as the referee told Jamie to get the match back in the ring. Winters glanced to Pruitt and between her legs to Jacqui. 

Zack: Jamie’s in the launch position, Jacqui’s on the floor! She really wants to do a number on her!

Claire: Jamie’s in the high risk district but whatever she’s got in mind could be put Minogue in one Hell of a world of hurt. Especially if she lands it perfectly!

As soon as Minogue was up to her feet, Jamie launched into a moonsault. But this time, Jacquie was ready for her. She caught her on the way down, and countered into a powerslam on the floor. Jamie’s body struck hard as Jacqui sat up, and nearly toppled over as she tried to get herself together after everything she had already absorbed. 

Claire: OH God!!! That matting is really, really thin and more for sure than anything. It’s better than getting driven into concrete but I guarantee that powerslam will have rattled every bone in Jamie’s body.

Minogue’s eyes were wide as she looked over to Jamie, and finally started to get to her feet. The referee told her to get the match back in the ring as Minogue pulled the magician up and fired her into the steps with an Irish whip. Jamie’s back struck the steel, causing her to slump to a seat against it before Jacqui followed in after her with a basement dropkick into her chest. The Aussie quickly grabbed her head, and slammed the back of it into the steps a couple times before she rolled into the ring to boos from the Boston crowd.

Claire: The crowd might not like it but using those steel steps like that could be the only way Jacqui could derail the runaway freight train that Jamie has been right from the start of this match.

Zack: She should have put Jamie back into the ring with her though. Surely she doesn’t want to win by countout, that wouldn’t suit her agenda at all, I don’t think. 

Pruitt told her to stay back as she began her ten count on the fallen Jamie. The rookie was slow moving as she pulled herself onto the apron, only for Jacqui to charge and knock her back to the floor. The referee warned her again as Jacqui told her to count. Jamie started to climb up onto the apron again, only to get driven off with a running knee. Pruitt was getting annoyed now.

Zack: Jacqui must still need a few seconds to recover, because there’s no sense in continuing to knock her off the apron every time she tries to get back in. Being the purist she is, Jacqui would prefer a pinfall here, I think.

Claire; I don’t know Zack. A count out is as good and as timeless away to win the match as any. Of course, she may also just be trying to keep Winters as far away from her as possible right now so as not to get beaten down any further.

Jamie found her way onto the apron again. Jacqui didn’t try to knock her off this time, instead catching her with a running forearm to the side of her head. She pulled her through the middle rope to dangle over the mat before connecting with a hangman’s DDT. Minogue dragged her away from the ropes, and pressed both hands into her chest for a cover as Pruitt fell into position. 

Zack: Can you believe this is the first pinfall of the match? Jacqui’s hoping that DDT was a knockout shot!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

T-NO!

Jamie kicked out before the three came down, and Minogue looked down to her with disgust. She dragged her back to her feet, and scooped her over one shoulder before powerslamming her body against the corner. But she didn’t let her fall, instead only turning around and driving her into another corner before wrapping her feet around the top to put her into a tree of woe.

Claire: Now we’re seeing Jacqui’s power come to the fore and she’s just manhandling Jamie. This is the worst possible place for Winters to get caught! 

Minogue started stomping away at her torso a few times before coming off the far side with a running knee into her chest and stomach. A second time connected as well before Minogue unhooked her feet, and let her collapse to the mat. Feeling more confident now, she pulled her onto her shoulders into a torture rack submission. The referee darted around to Jamie’s head to check if she wanted to stop the match, but Winers told her she didn’t. 

Claire: Now that Minogue is in control of this match, she’s really slowed down the pace and looks like she really does want to take her out of Future Shock for good.

Zack: She took out her knee months ago, but now Jacqui seems to be more interested in dissecting her spinal column. And she’s doing a damn good job. 

The Aussie started bouncing her up and down as Jamie’s face was wracked with pain. The referee checked again, still getting the same answer from Jamie even though she was clearly pained. Minogue told her to quit repeatedly, but the magician refused to do so. Instead Jamie tried to grab the ropes that were not far from her head. Her arms weren’t long enough, and as soon as Jacqui realized what she was doing, she transitioned it into a Samoan drop. Jacqui stretched out across her and held up one hand to count as the referee started hers.

Claire: Confident cover from Minogue! She might just be three seconds away from victory!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

TH-NOO!!

It didn’t take much effort for Jamie to get her shoulder up since Jacqui was hardly covering her. Minogue got back to her feet, beginning to taunt Jamie and asking her to do some magic now. 

Zack: What a difference a few minutes makes! Jacqui couldn’t get away from her fast enough earlier, and now she’s in firm control with plenty of advice to hand out.

The Boston crowd started chanting Jamie’s name as she was trying to get back to her feet. Jacqui didn’t seem impressed at all, and used her foot to push her head away every time she tried to do so. She got her all the way to the ropes before Minogue grabbed her by the head and tights and tossed her through them to the floor. She walked back to the center and raised her hands to more boos from the Boston crowd. 

Zack: And here we go back out to the floor again. She had her in trouble, Claire. She could have easily continued that, but she threw her out to annoy the Boston faithful. 

Claire: That could be a real big mistake by the Australian Zack. Sure, it wasn’t a soft landing for Jamie, but she’s getting time to recover while Jacqui showboats.

The referee warned her about going back out onto the floor again, which Jacqui ignored as she went to that side of the ring to find Jamie….wasn’t there. Minogue’s eyes narrowed as she glanced around, still not finding her until she saw the ring apron move. The Aussie looked up with a smirk on her face before stepping out onto the apron above where she saw the apron moving. A half second later, the apron on the other side of the ring rustled when Jamie crawled out. She climbed back up onto the apron into the ring as Jacqui was still facing the wrong direction, and the magician’s face turned into a scowl. Winters charged the ropes and used a reverse rana to snap Jacqui back into the ring, and into a cover!

Claire: A little bit of misdirection there and Minogue paid big time for it!!! This could be it!!!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NOO!!

Jacqui got her shoulder up in time before the three came down. Jamie got back to her feet, glancing around at the crowd that was loudly supporting her before that familiar smile appeared on her face once more. 

Zack: There’s that megawatt smile we haven’t seen! I think Jamie’ looking to close the show in a matter of moments!

As Jacqui lay prone on the mat, Jamie took off stepping over her back as she used the ropes for a springboard moonsault splash. It landed on the canvas when Minogue rolled out of the way. Jamie quickly struggled to get to her feet before Minogue hoisted her up onto her shoulders into her one-handed electric chair driver! She hooked the leg tightly this time as she went for the cover. 

Zack Jamie went for it, and got a FALL FROM GRACE for her troubles!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Boos rained down from the rafters in the Future Shock Arena as Jacqui unsteadily got to her feet, and then had her hand raised by the referee to make it official. 

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall………………’THE PERFECT STORM’ JACQUI MINOGUE!!

Claire: Winters was a ball of fire in this contest but in the end, Jacqui weathered it, let her burn herself out and took the opening when she got it. Still, a highly impressive outing from a woman who has spent the last months on the injured list.

Jacqui paid the booing crowd no attention as she stepped out to the floor. Her body language and expression showed how beat up she was though. 

Zack: She may have the win, but she definitely doesn’t feel like one physically. I don’t think she expected all she got from Jamie tonight, and I hope...I doubt it will happen….that Jacqui learned something from this. 

Claire: It’s unlikely. Jacqui is pretty set in her views and in her beliefs regarding the purity of wrestling. If anything this coupled with her win over River...she’ll probably just use it as evidence that she’s right and her way is better. We may not hear the end of it.

Zack: Hang on, I’m being told there’s a little chaos outside. Something...happened during the match outside the arena, Claire! What?

Claire: Let’s get a camera crew out there and see what the heck is happening out there!!

The shot changes to the parking lot in front of the Future Shock Arena with a black truck parked next to a road sign laying on the ground.. The camera pans up to see the door still open and pick up a voice say ….

“Oops.”

The woman slams the door shut, and starts to head for the entrance as the camera points to her back as she starts playing with a Zippo lighter. The camera then catches up with her as she pulls open the entrance doors to let herself inside, and there’s no question who it is.

Claire: There’s only one person I know of that likes to play with fire. Things are certainly about to heat up!!! Raven Knight is here!!!!

As Raven Knight steps inside the Future Shock Arena, the show heads to commercial.

Lowri’s Answer

We cut to Sara, along with Lowri on the monitor live via satellite. The reporter addresses the viewers before looking over to her guest. 

Sara: I’m here with Lowri Moss, and first of all, congratulations on your team’s win on Cinco de Mayo about a month ago. 

Lowri acknowledges the congratulations with a gracious nod of her head.

Lowri: Thank you. It felt good to step inside a Future Shock ring for the first time, and obviously it felt even better to pick up the win in the match, alongside Carys and River; I wanted to help the two of them get one over The Matriarchy, and I’m certainly glad that I was able to do just that.

Sara: It was clear on our last show that your helping the team pick up that victory rubbed at least one of The Matriarchy the wrong way, namely Jacqui Minogue. Let’s take everyone back and show them what happened on the last Future Shock.

Courtesy of FFW Future Shock - May 19, 2020

As the intro of “Superstar” by 95 TurboSol blares into the arena, generating thunderous reaction from the crowd, a lightshow of blue and white lights ignites the stage area and ramp and flashes continuously across both areas, bearing a striking resemblance of a futuristic spaceship setting. At the same time, smoke emerges from the bottom of the stage and fills the area.

Then, as the song begins, Jacqui Minogue emerges through the smoke and begins to come down the ramp while the crowd continues to shower her with their reaction.

Lexi: Making her way to the ring, representing…..

Just as Lexi is about to finish the introduction, Jacqui, who has a microphone in hand, abruptly cuts her off

Jacqui: NO, NO, NO! You stop right there! Cut the music off....NOW!

Within seconds, the music dies down. However, the reaction from the crowd loudly intensifies as Jacqui continues her walk down the ramp, ignoring the fans.

Jacqui: Lowri Moss! I know you can hear me. And if you have any intelligence, you may already have a clue as to why I’m calling you out! 

Just then the crowd begins to chant for Lowri, which seems to irritate her a bit. But she doesn’t let it break her as she reaches the ring to climb up the apron, wipes her feet on the apron, and enters the ring. She puts the microphone to her lips to speak, but the chants for Lowri continue to flow through the arena. She temporarily brings her attention to the crowd. 

Jacqui: You like her do you? I’m not a bit surprised. Nothing more than a bunch of hypocritical drongos! But my issue is not with all of you, my issue is with YOU, Lowri!

And right on cue, Jacqui turns to face the camera that is inside the ring focused on her as she continues to speak, with the cheers and the Lowri chants providing the soundtrack.

Jacqui: You hear that, Lowri? You made quite the impression on these people these past couple of months. And you DAMN sure left quite an impression on The Matriarchy on the last Future Shock…after you stepped into OUR business! And you want to know what stings more….YOU’RE NOT EVEN ON THE ROSTER!!!!!

The reaction from the crowd becomes split with the cheers to support Lowri and the boos to irritate Jacqui who, at this point, is becoming more annoyed by the atmosphere.

Jacqui: You came in that six-woman tag and stole the win like a thief in the night and you left it just the same. WELL NOT WHEN I’M AROUND!!! I want you to muster up your “Avenging Angel” persona and BEG Adam to come back here one more time because I want to challenge YOU to a match! No Matriarchy. No whatever you call your new “posse”. Just you and me, Lowri! Balls in your court now, bitch!

Jacqui tosses the microphone out of the ring and makes her way towards the corner to take off her jacket as Lexi continues with the introduction.

~ ~ ~

As the clip concludes, we go back to the live broadcast and return to Sara with Lowri.

Sara: How do you respond to that, Lowri? 

There is a chuckle from Lowri.

Lowri: I guess I must’ve touched a nerve.

Sara: Well I was told if you accepted, the match would be made for two weeks from tonight on June 16th at Future Shock’s Saitama Summit. Jacqui will get her wish, and you two will meet one on one that night. 

A small sigh escapes Lowri’s lips.

Lowri: Sara, I've never been known to run away from a challenge, and I’m not about to start now, so if Jacqui wants a match with me, I’ll be happy to give it to her.

Sara: I think we’re all looking forward to this one, Lowri. Good luck, and we’ll see you in Saitama in 2 weeks. 

The show cuts to a graphic for the match just confirmed for Saitama before the show heads to ringside with Claire and Zack. 

Zack: Jacqui’s got her answer now, Claire!

Claire: Yes she has and in two weeks I have a feeling that this is going to be a case of be careful what you wish for on the part of Jacqui. But it’s too late now, the challenge has been accepted!

Zack: That’s another match added to an already stacked show for Future Shock’s first visit to Japan 2 weeks from tonight. Lowri and Jacqui, talk about international scope. But hell, we’re still not done tonight. As if what we just saw couldn’t have been the main event, we still got one more match left tonight. 

Claire: We’ve still got to decide who goes home with the Future Shock Cup and the opportunity to punch their own ticket. Cassie Mason, Cait Flanagan and the newly crowned Nova Champion, Mikayla Stone meet in arguably the biggest match of their careers. And it’s coming up next!!

As Claire finishes, the show cuts to a commercial for the Saitama Summit on FFW All Access 2 weeks from tonight before a commercial break follows. 

« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 11:10:36 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 06:57:51 pm »

When the show comes back from commercials, the arena is darkened briefly with a spotlight over Lexi’s head. 

Lexi: The following triple threat match is scheduled for one fall, and it is for the 2020 Future Shock Cup!

The lights come back up to see the crystal Cup at ringside, shining brightly under the lights as Lexi glances back to it. 

Zack: For the first time since 2017, we are going to crown a new winner of the Future Shock Cup. There it is, valued at nearly $40,000 with one hell of a prize attached for the winner. 

Claire: It’s certainly a gorgeous trophy Zack, getting to take that home and put it on your mantle would certainly make pretty much every single wrestler on this roster jealous of the winner tonight. That’s before you even consider the additional prize that accompanies it.

The opening of Madonna’s “Material Girl” begins playing as Cait Flanagan steps out onto the ramp. With a wink, she licks her index finger and touches it to the ground and as she passes the spot, flames shoot up behind her. She reaches into her tights and pulls out a wad of cash, fanning it out for the crowd to see. Kyle follows after her with a smile on his face.

She tousles her hair and fans herself with the money, then shrugs and tosses it behind her, letting it get eaten up by the flames. Cait puts her hand up to her mouth as she seems to realize what she’s done, but then she shrugs her shoulders and cackles.

You know that we are living in a material world, and I am a material girl…

Still laughing, Cait skips the rest of the way down to the ring, tossing her hair over her shoulder and blowing mocking kisses to the men in the audience. She ascends the steps and ducks through the ropes as Kyle opens them for her, as she’s winking at the referee.

Lexi: From Belfast, Northern Ireland, she is The Million Dollar Baby, Cait! Flanagan!

She seems to thank Lexi for her introduction and goes to her corner, laying across the turnbuckle and giving her opponent a cheeky little wave as she waits for things to get started.

Zack: Cait earned her way into this match by defeating Shelbi Lynn Carter, not to mention trying to use a proxy to fight the match for her. With the assistance of her manager, she stole her way into the match. She’s got her work cut out for her though.

Claire: Cait and Kyle definitely used every resource they had at their disposal to get here tonight and outwit Shelbi Lynn. I’m sure that they’ll have some sort of game plan tonight to try and make sure that she is the one figuring out how to get the crystal trophy back home with her.

“When The Lights Come On” by Asking Alexandria  plays as Cassie Mason comes out to a showering of boos. Not allowing the fans clear annoyance about who she is and the family she comes from to annoy her, she stands on the stage to soak in the reaction. She then power walks down to the ring like she owns Femme Fatale Wrestling.

Lexi: On her way to the ring, weighing in at one hundred and forty pounds, Boston’s own, Cassie... Maaaaaaaaa-son!

Once at the ring apron she slides under the bottom rope. She walks to the center of the ring. Cassandra takes a bow inciting the crowd to boo some more. She walks over to the corner, leans against the turnbuckle waiting for the match to begin.

Zack: Cassie earned her spot on our last broadcast when she knocked off Jacqui Minogue after spending half of the prior match trying to keep a lid on Dante. She’ll deal with Sydney in Saitama, but tonight she’s here to make history. 

Claire: The question is whether or not Cassie can build upon that impressive performance against Jacqui two weeks ago and keep her momentum going ahead of that big match in two weeks time. Of course, in a triple threat match...that’s easier said than done.

The lights go out completely as “Sisters are Doing it for Themselves” starts to play. A lightning effect of white and blue pyrotechnics erupt, lighting up the stage for a second at a time. In each of the flashes the silhouette of three female figures standing in a line on the stage.

Standin' on their own two feet
And ringin' on their own bells

The pyrotechnics finish and as the lights come back up a sound like thunder plays on top of the music track and a puff of smoke comes from the bottom of the stage, still hiding the female figures for a moment. The smoke clears to reveal the three Stone sisters; Melody, Madyson and Mikayla standing hand in hand with their heads raised, looking towards the ceiling.

Now this is a song to celebrate
The conscious liberation of the female state
Mothers, daughters and their daughters too, oh yeah
Woman to woman, we're singin' with you

Lexi: Introducing alongside Melody and Madyson of Trinity, this is the reigning Future Shock Nova Champion……..MIKAYLA STONE!!

They unlink their hands and take off to the ring at a run and all jump up onto the apron at the same time. Melody and Madyson stand at a corner each, while Mikayla jumps up to sit on the top rope; all facing out towards the crowd. The two older sisters climb through the ropes while Mikayla stands up on the top rope and then backflips into the ring to land between them with a smirk. The three make their way to the corner and share some hushed words as the music comes to an end.

Zack: I don’t think it’s unfair to say Mikayla Stone may be the odds on favorite to take this match. She’s on a run right now that just culminated in becoming Nova Champion. And she’d have the keys to the kingdom if she wins tonight and can challenge for yet another title in Future Shock unless she wants to launch herself to the FFW roster. 

Claire: I wouldn’t argue with her being the favourite Zack, though I think it’s probably only by a slim margin. Sure, she’s got all the momentum behind her but as we’ve seen all over wrestling absolutely anything can happen in a Triple Threat match. You don’t even have to make a mistake in a match like this. If you don’t have eyes in the back of your head, you can quickly find yourself on the outside with the match over.

Referee Stephen Wilson checked all three opponents for illegal weapons, and then pointed over to the crystal trophy to show them what the match was all about. Each of them admired the three foot tall crystal cup as Lexi left the ring. The official called for the bell, as Cassie and Mikayla looked to one another and they both looked at Cait. The millionaire’s eyes widened as they started towards her in the corner. As soon as they both went to get her, Cait stepped out to the floor. Mikayla got to the corner first, and Cassie quickly rolled her up from behind! 

Zack: I think Cait’s gonna----OHH LOOK AT THIS!

ONE!!!

T-NO!

Mikayla immediately kicked out, and got to her feet before Cassie started laying in chops across her chest to keep her in the corner. Mason unloaded with those knife edge chops before firing Stone off to the far corner. Just as Mikayla landed chest first, Cassie followed in with a stinger splash to her back. 

Claire: Mason tried to steal it right off the bat here and is now taking the fight to the Nova Championship. We talk about alliances being short lived, Zack, that one against Cait might be one of the shortest.

Cassie followed up with a side Russian leg sweep before rolling Mikayla onto her stomach. She pulled her head up, and began driving forearms across her face. Four in a row landed until she scooped her back to her feet with a rear waistlock, and snapped off a German suplex. The Nova Champion tried to get to her feet before Cassie grabbed her again, this time hoisting her over her shoulders into a Samoan drop. And yet again, she went for the cover as Wilson moved into position.

Zack: There’s no question in Cassie’s mind what the goal is, and that’s to take home the Cup!

ONE!!

T-NOO!!

Again, Mikayla kicked out and shoved Cassie off the cover. The party girl hopped back to her feet, and took off for the near side as Stone was getting to all fours. A running knee to the ribs landed hard against Mikayla’s body before Cassie rolled her up into a small package. 

Claire: Cassie’s wasting no time at all!! Pin after pin after pin. The Nova Champion is on notice right now!!

ONE!!!!

TW-NOOO!!!

Zack: She’s doing everything she can to catch Mikayla off guard, but the Nova Champion isn’t going for it!

Stone kicked out again, and rolled towards the ropes this time. The blonde quickly got to her feet, and charged Mikayla, who was using the top rope to get up. As soon as she got close, Stone dropped down to the mat and pulled the top rope with her to let Cassie tumble over it to the floor. Mikayla got back to her feet with a little bit of a grin on her face as she glanced down to Cassie until an arm shot up between her legs with a low blow that put her on her knees. Cait got back to her feet, looking down at Mikayla with a shake of her head. 

Claire: There you go - you take your eyes off either of your opponents and they’re going to catch you and make you pay for it. Cait’s as fresh as a daisy right now.

Zack: And with it being triple threat rules, a low blow is as legal as a headlock, fans. Any other time, that’s a disqualification. Cait is well aware of that fact. 

Wilson admonished the “Million Dollar Baby” which was all he could do. Cait pressed the champion’s head against her knee before stomping the mat. It dropped Mikayla back to all fours again before Flanagan used a guillotine leg drop across the back of her head. She stepped onto her hair, and then grabbed her arms to pull her up off the mat. It made Mikaya shout in pain as her hair was being pulled. The referee counted to four, and Cait let her fall back only to yank her up again for another four count. 

Zack: Cait’s had matches with both of these women, so she knows them well. I’m not surprised she’s picking her spots in this match, especially with Cassie still on the floor. 

Claire: Mikayla’s not able to catch a break here while Flanagan takes full advantage of this being a triple threat - though she’s not gone for a cover. Not yet anyway.

She finally lets Mikayla go, and pulls her back to her feet. She drags her head down to drive knees into her face before she bounces off the near side to deliver a running kneelift. It sends Mikayla staggering backwards before Cait pulls her into position and drives her down with a falcon’s arrow. Flanagan hooks the leg as Wilson drops into position.

Zack: Speak of the devil, Claire! Cait’s looking for a three right now!

ONE!!!

TWOOOO-NOO!!

Mikaya kicked out once more. And as soon as Cait got up, she heard someone shout her name and turned around into a Thesz press from a rejuvenated Cassie, who followed it with right hands in a flurry to her head!

Claire: Stone’s showing the heart of a champion so far but she might just haven’t gotten herself a little respite from getting beaten from pillar to post tonight.

Zack: Cait and Cassie have plenty of history between them, as Future Shock fans know already. And none of it was a happy memory!

Cassie dragged Cait back to her feet, and whipped her into the corner. A rolling koppu kick caught Flanagan flush before Cassie peppered her with forearms to the mouth. She sat her on the top rope, and climbed up with her, looking for a superplex. But as she did, Mikayla popped up between her legs, turning it into a superplex/powerbomb combination on both of her opponents! The fans came to their feet as Mikayla dove on top of Cassie for the cover!

Claire: Tremendous strength from the Nova Champion!!! She could be three seconds away from taking home the Future Shock Cup!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NOOO!!!!

Cassie got her shoulder up in time, and Mikayla scampered over to Cait next. She hooked her leg for the cover as the referee got into position again!

Zack: Cassie kicked out after that tower of doom, but Cait may not! Stone with the cover again!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NOO!!!

Cait rolled her shoulder off the mat in time, and Mikayla got back to her feet and cracked her knuckles. She headed for the corner, glancing over her shoulder to see who was getting up first. And it was Cassie, causing Mikayla to use the ropes for a springboard into a blockbuster!

Claire: Two near falls and Mikayla’s not about to let up - not when she can smell victory Zack.

The Nova Champion took off towards the ropes, and rebounded into Cait with a flying clothesline to take her down to the mat. The brunette headed for the top turnbuckle, perching herself and going for a top rope elbow drop until Kyle pulled Cait out of the ring and let her crash onto the canvas. He tried to help Cait get her bearings as Madyson and Melody headed in his direction. Cait dove back into the ring, and executed a wheelbarrow facebuster on Mikayla as she was trying to get to her feet. 

Zack: Shades of Jo McFarlane right there, and fitting because she’s won the Future Shock Cup herself, Claire! Kyle’s got a couple witches on his case meanwhile!

Claire: I’m not entirely surprised Zack. We pretty much knew it would only be a matter of time before he made his presence felt and Madyson and Melody aren’t just gonna let him get away with it - whether he touches their sister or not.

Cait quickly got back to her feet, and pulled Mikayla up to plant her head between her legs. She hooked both arms , and glanced over to the Cup with a grin before she went for her finisher. But it never connected when a superkick from Cassie sent Flanagan back into the ropes. Stone dropped to the mat, and Cassie quickly scooped Cait up over her shoulders to deliver a GTS. She dove on top of her for the cover as Wilson slid into position!

Zack: It’s night night time for the Million Dollar Baby! Cassie’s gonna win the Cup!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-WHA!

Mikayla caught the referee’s wrist on the way down, stopping him from making the three. Cassie glanced up to see it, and clocked the Nova Champion with a right hand to make her let go. She went for the cover again, but Cait shoved her away before he had time to readjust.

Claire: Quick thinking from Stone to prevent the three count there and keep herself in contention for the Crystal cup!! Bought Cait a little bit of time to get her bearings too!

Flanagan rolled towards the corner, and got to her feet. Cassie went straight for her as Mikayla caught the blonde with a chop block on the way. It stumbled Mason over before Cait grabbed her into position and connected with her double underhook facebuster anyway! Mason went face first into the canvas before Cait rolled her over to make the cover!

Zack: With an unlikely assist from Mikayla, Cait’s given Cassie the IRISH GOODBYE!!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-WHOA!

Mikayla didn’t make it time, but shoved Cassie’s leg under the bottom rope instead. Wilson saw it, and Cait glanced up, cursing at the champion as she got back to her feet. 

Claire: You’ve got to appreciate the quick thinking and ring awareness from Mikalya! She’s doing an excellent job of fighting fires and keeping this match alive.

Mikayla got to her feet and waved Cait forward before the two met in the center, and started throwing right hands at one another’s heads. The fans came to their feet as they traded blows, and Cait started to get the better of it. She rocked Mikayla backwards before she sent her across for the ride. Flanagan lowered her head a second too soon though, and Stone rolled over her back to land on her feet. When the Irishwoman turned around, Mikayla used a jawbreaker to stagger her before darting for the nearby ropes. With Flanagan still off balance the Nova Champion caught her head on the pass with a running cutter! She bounced off the mat before Stone dove on top of her for the cover with a leg hook!

Zack: That’s a knockout right there!! No way Flanagan’s getting up from that! Mikayla’s about to have the key to the kingdom!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HEY!!

The count never finished as Cassie pulled Mikayla off the cover by her feet. Stone got one foot loose, and started kicking her in the chest to get her to let go. 

Claire: Cassie’s turn to stop Mikayla in her tracks and deny a victory in this match. Just goes to show Zack, you’ve really got to make sure you deal with both your opponents before going for the cover in a contest like this!

Mikayla finally got her to let go, and quickly got to her feet. But she turned into a discus forearm from Cassie, who then hoisted her over one shoulder to deliver a snake eyes in the corner. The champion wobbled backwards on her feet before Mason used a flash kick to put her down. She nodded her head as she left her feet, looking for her phoenix splash. But as soon as it landed, Cait pulled her up into position for another double underhook facebuster. Cassie countered out of it by standing in and delivering an Alabama slam. 

Claire: This could be the opening Cassie needs!! Mikalya might be out cold and Flanagan just had her whole body shaken! Like she was a crash test dummy!

Zack: This is one of the wildest triple threats I’ve seen in Future Shock history, and no one has been able to keep an advantage for very long! What’s Cassie thinking?

The blonde party girl dragged Mikayla to lay next to Cait side by side before she took off towards the ropes. She rebounded quickly, delivering her phoenix splash finisher onto both women! The crowd came to its feet as she covered Mikayla!

Zack: She hit the PARTY STOPPER on both women, Claire! That’s how you make sure both opponents stay down! Get Cassie’s nameplate ready, she’s taking home the Cup!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO.

Cassie was jerked off the cover by her feet to the floor by Sydney Christensen. As soon as Mason spotted her, she started unloading with furious right hands!

Claire: And It’s just getting wilder and wilder now Zack!! Sydney’s here and not waiting till we get to Saitama to get her party started!!

Wilson ducked his head through the ropes, trying to break them apart as Kyle rolled into the ring on the other side. He rolled Cait on top of Mikayla, and quickly darted back out again to get the referee to turn around. Stone hadn’t moved at all as Kyle screamed at Wilson to turn around. He finally did, and dove into position to count!

Claire: CAIT’S GONNA STEAL IT!!! AND SHE’LL HAVE HER MANAGER TO THANK FOR IT!!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-WAIT!

Mikayla got her shoulder up in the nick of time, and Cait looked up to get her bearings and see what happened. The brawl continued on the floor before Cassie swept Sydney’s legs out from under her, and unloaded with shots from the mount position. 

Zack: It didn’t work! I don’t think Cait has a clue what happened, she just found herself on top of Mikayla with a count going! Look at Cassie dropping bombs on Calgary’s favorite daughter!

Cassie got back to her feet, and slid back into the ring as Cait was struggling to get to her feet. She got halfway under the bottom rope before Flanagan dropped an elbow into the back of her head. Cait then  hooked her head and arms into position!

Zack: I’ll be damned if Cait’s not gonna pull it out anyway!

She drove the blonde into the canvas face first before she rolled her onto her back, and hooked both legs in the process. Wilson dropped into position.

Zack: Cassie was saved after one IRISH GOODBYE, but it won’t be two!!

ONE!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Wilson called for the bell as Cait sat up, taking in deep breaths before Kyle celebrated at ringside. Wilson raised the millionaire’s hand as she got to her feet amid a chorus of boos from the Boston crowd.

Lexi: Your winner of the 2020 Future Shock Cup……..’THE MILLION DOLLAR BABY’ CAIT FLANAGAN!!

Claire: After one of the most unpredictable, chaotic, back and forth triple threat matches in Future Shock history...Flanagan pulls a victory out of the hat!! The biggest win of her career!!

Cait slid out of the ring, and headed towards her manager before they made a beeline for the Future Shock Cup. She beamed down at it before picking it up and pressing a kiss to it as Kyle raised her hand again.

Zack: You may not like her, she doesn’t care either way! But tonight, Cait Flanagan has joined an elite class of women who are able to say they won the Future Shock Cup! And she’s got a whole lot of choices to pick from as a result!

Claire: You’re right Zack. The beautiful cup and the opportunity to punch her ticket - any title in Future Shock...or a fast track straight to the FFW main roster!! The world is her oyster!

Kyle gave his client a hug before she clutched the trophy against her chest, beaming ear to ear as the camera moved closer. Cait gave a wave to the camera as she said “See you soon, Gemma.”

Zack: Ohh, well there’s the answer, Claire! Cait knows what she wants already!

Claire: She’s calling her shot already! Gemma’s been dominant with the Aspire Championship, but after tonight, you just know that Flanagan will be one heck of a handful for her when they meet!!

Zack: That’s what she said in her promo! Gemma, look who’s next! Fans, we’re way out of time! We’ll see you in Japan!!

Cait looks to her new trophy and Kyle with a smirk on her face as Future Shock fades off the air.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 11:11:26 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: