Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 29, 2024, 09:00:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for the Future Shock Saitama Summit

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for the Future Shock Saitama Summit  (Read 153 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: June 07, 2020, 05:38:21 pm »

The instrumental version of “Boom” by the X Ambassadors starts to play as we open on Jake and Gia arriving at an empty studio. Only the video wall behind them is there as they look around and at each other confused. Suddenly the video goes into fast forward as suddenly production staff immediately start moving in the furniture. The pair watch as the staff moves at a pretty quick pace (thanks to fast forward) and gets everything set up: chairs and table too. The two hosts look pleased with that before they sit down. One staffer places Gia’s crown on her head, bringing a smile to her face before the After Shock logo appears on the video screen before the camera zooms in on it. A bolt of electricity appears and then we cut back to the actual show with both Jake & Princess Gia greeting the viewers.

Jake: Hello, Future Shock fans! And welcome to a big edition of After Shock, because we are gonna cover the Saitama Summit on June 16th only on FFW All Access. Not to mention there’s plenty from the last show to get into as well. I’m Jake Chandler, and this is Princess Gia, for those of you who are new to the show.

Gia: Hey Jake! And welcome everyone! Whether you’re new to After Shock or a longtime viewer, we’re happy to have you here. We are less than two weeks away from Future Shock’s first trip to Japan but before we get into all of that, let’s recap last week’s episode of Future Shock - which very well could have been a special event all on its own, as it ended with a triple threat main event to crown the 2020 Future Shock Cup winner! Jake, were you surprised by how that match ended?

Jake: Well maybe a little, if you go only by momentum. But then I should have thought ‘Wait, Cait has someone to run interference for her’ and ‘Oh yeah, Sydney is probably gonna be there too.’

He shook his head as he ran through the list of reasons.

Jake: So in hindsight, I’m not surprised. Cait Flanagan joins a very elite group of women who can say they’ve won the Future Shock Cup, including Hall of Famers like Jo McFarlane. That trophy is like a skyrocket strapped to your back.

Gia rolls her eyes.

Gia: And now that it’s strapped to one of Kyle Kilmeade’s clients, you can imagine that we’ll be hearing all about this for the next few months. But, congratulations to Cait I guess for taking advantage of the situation, and to Cassie and Mikayla who fought hard to get to this match and who put on an unbelievable show for us.

Jake: They’ll both be big parts of the Saitama show we’ll be talking about. And I have been able to confirm the gloating is likely to begin that night too, because Cait and Kyle will be giving us their insight on her winning the Cup that night as well. All three of the women in that match worked hard though. Lots of close calls for each of them. Despite the circumstances of how she got it, Cait hardly had an easy night in Boston. She just took the most shortcuts, not that she cares how she did it as long as she did it.

Gia: For people like Cait and Kyle, the ends always justify the means. Speaking of Saitama though, we got an answer from Lowri Moss regarding Jacqui Minogue’s challenge, and of course the Welsh Wonder Woman has said yes! We’ll go more in depth with that match later, though. Jacqui was in action in Boston as well, facing off against the woman whose career she nearly ended almost as soon as it began, Jamie Winters. Unfortunately for Jamie, she couldn’t quite put her bully away, but it was great to see her back in action!

Jake: I know how much that disappointed Jamie, but one thing I like about her is she doesn’t let things bother her very long. Within a few minutes of us talking, she was already back to her usual self. I think that’s important in this business. Unlike her though, the Cortez Sisters made a successful return in their tag match against Melody and Madyson. They have been at each other for a while, even before their match. So I doubt that rivalry is ever going to be over.

Gia: Some things are eternal, and the war between these two sets of sisters is one of them, I think. But the Stone Sisters, like Jamie, are resilient. They’ll bounce back from this in no time, I’m sure, and figure out a path to the Future Shock Tag Team titles - which the Cortez sisters will no doubt be demanding in short order, based on this win. I also want to take a minute to talk about something we saw after the match between Jacqui and Jamie - the arrival of Raven Knight to Future Shock! What do you make of it, Jake?

Jake: Well you remember Adam saying a while back Future Shock and FFW were considered on equal footing, and the door goes both ways. Looks like Raven wants to be the first one to put that to the test. I spoke with Bri a couple days ago, and she confirmed that Raven is indeed part of the Future Shock roster now. I hope we double up on extinguishers at the arena.

Gia: I hope so too. Having Raven around will definitely make things… interesting, to say the least. And before we get into the action in store for Saitama, we have one last match to talk about - the contest between River Campbell and Leighana, which saw River walking out victorious after a hard-fought battle with a vicious, ruthless Leighana.

Jake: Now she’s batting 500 in singles matches. She’s probably brimming with confidence too, since she just became Pride Champion over in SVW. I know Leighana seems to be more interested in Arabella, maybe she has tunnel vision? She brings her up every time she speaks at a show.

Gia: That’s entirely possible, though I’m not sure why Leighana seems so fixated on her. Arabella is a sweet girl and seems to be generally well-liked by the locker room, with the exception of Sydney Christiansen. At first it seemed like it was just about the Nova title, but I’m starting to wonder if maybe it’s something more personal?

Jake: Maybe we’ll find out sooner or later. It was a pretty full show, to say the least in Boston. If you missed it, it’s on All Access right now. So when you’re done watching this, you can go check it out for yourself. Now we can get to the main course here, and that’s the Saitama Summit on June 16th on FFW All Access. We’re about to preview the card, but you can also bet that we’ll hear from Cait on the Future Shock Cup and her pending match with Gemma. And I have it on good authority Raven will have something to say too that night.

Gia: Plenty of action in store, and maybe a few surprises as well, if Sheffield was anything to go by. Where should we start, Jake?

He tapped his chin to give that some thought before the first match image popped up behind them on the screen.

Jake: If all else fails, the production team will guide us.

Jake: Talk about a match long overdue. How long have these two been at each other's throats? And take into consideration Cassie might have had the Cup won when Sydney yanked her out of the ring. I don’t expect this one to be pretty at all, more a straight up brawl.

Gia: Did they put this one under no DQ rules? Because I think that might be what this match needs in order to get a definitive ending. I know Cassie won’t be happy with a DQ win - she’ll be looking to put Sydney away once and for all. And as for Sydney, wherever she goes, her bat and her manager Dante Knox are never far behind.

Jake: It’s not that kind of match yet, but there’s still time for that to change. So we’ll see what happens there. I know how much they need to settle this, and they also have one other thing in common: that being wanting to get the Nova Championship. Sydney’s been practically obsessed with it, and Cassie has mentioned it as well. A win here might help them get closer to that shot, but that’ll be secondary to what they want to do to each other at this point.

Gia: It’s gonna be a knock-down, drag-out fight between these two in Saitama, that’s for sure. For me personally, I’m hoping to see the Party Girl get some justice for what Sydney did to her during the Future Shock Cup match.

Jake: We touched on this one earlier. Be careful what you wish for, Jacqui. Lowri’s guest appearance in the six woman tag wasn’t enough for her, I guess, Gia. She wants to go one on one with her now, and Lowri never struck me as the type to back down from a challenge. So it’s on and official now!

Gia: This may be a sleeper candidate for match of the night. Lowri Moss has traveled all over the world and been a champion everywhere she’s gone. And she’s Jacqui’s kind of opponent, that’s for sure - absolutely dedicated to professional wrestling, without question or hesitation. Jacqui has been nothing short of impressive in her time here in Future Shock, but I can’t help but wonder if she might have bitten off more than she could chew with this challenge.

Jake: Kinda hoping she has bitten off more than she can chew. Lowri’s done it all and then some, so Jacqui’s ego could end up being her foil now.

Jake: Ohh, the rubber match for the tag titles! This has been going back and forth since January between these two teams, Gia. And now six months later, we’ll finally see who those tag titles really belong to...in the Dragons’ backyard no less. That’ll be unnerving for the champions, I think.

Gia: I think so too. This rivalry has been one for the ages, Jake, and I think The Laurie Jane Experience’s tag title reign might be in serious danger. With a hometown favorite in the match, it makes it that much harder to get the crowd behind you - especially when you know that they're rooting for your challenger. But this match is going to be an incredible display of tag team wrestling as two of Future Shock’s finest teams clash one last time. I’d like to see the Dragons pull it off, but if Laurie and Jane can come together and figure out a way to keep the Dragons on the back foot, they’ll retain those titles and bring them back to Boston to await their next challenge.

Jake: Well we talked about the Cortez sisters earlier, and this will be a rematch from Global Wars last November when Luna became the Nova Champion. And she’s been insisting on having it returned to her since she came back. Katie is gonna be highly motivated to avenge that loss, because she’s had Luna on her mind ever since November.

Gia: Like you said before, did Luna really expect to just have her title handed back to her as if nothing had happened the last six months? She was gone, and we needed a Nova Champion, so one was crowned in Sheffield. Katie has a bit of a perfectionist streak in her, so I can understand why she’ll be looking to get her win back from Global Wars. And personally? I’m rooting for Katie here. I want to see her get back on track and rebound from those losses to Luna and to Arabella, and Saitama is the perfect opportunity for that.

Jake: Ha, great segue! Speaking of Arabella….

Jake: In the second of three title matches on the show, Arabella has the chance to become the first ever two time Nova Champion when she meets Mikayla Stone in a rematch. I like both of these girls, Gia. So I can’t pick a winner….it’s too close to call for me. And out of this whole card except for the main event…. I’m fairly sure the fans will be down the middle on it too. It’s hard to pick between two awesome people who are extremely talented as Arabella and Mikayla.

Gia: It’s always nice when you have a match between two competitors who genuinely respect one another. Both Arabella and Mikayla have proven time and time again why they are two of the fastest rising stars in Future Shock, and this match will be no exception. Like you and the fans, I’m torn here - I’d love to see Mikayla retain, but it would also be nice to see Arabella achieve the feat of being the first ever two-time Nova Champion, even though she’s already in the history books as being part of the first ever match for the title. So to both of these women, I say good luck, and may the best woman win!

Jake: And then we got the main event…

Jake: Vivi Traeger has been a very proud Future Shock Champion. And in Saitama, she’ll face yet another opponent who she has respect for. You all remember how much she liked Nora, and I don’t think Mara is any different. Mara earned herself this opportunity by turning back Stacey Sky of the Gold Standard, and in Japan, she’ll have the biggest opportunity of her very young career against a world-traveled veteran like Vivi.

Gia: Mara has a huge challenge in front of her, that’s for sure. Like Lowri, Vivi’s done it all and seen it all during her time in the ring, and her reign as Future Shock Champion has been all anyone could ask for, I think. She’s been a leader here, and I hope that if Mara pulls off a win in Saitama, that she follows in her predecessor’s footsteps and continues to elevate our top title. I know I’ll be on the edge of my seat during this match, and no matter what the outcome is? Both these women are the type to leave it all out in the ring, and neither will have anything to be ashamed of once that final bell rings and the winner is announced.

Jake: All in all, this is a super stacked show and yet another big international event for the Future Shock girls. More international experience for them is never a bad thing, since some of them haven’t had an experience like this. It was also confirmed recently that the Aspire Championship will be on the line June 30th when Cait Flanagan will be Gemma Pierce’s last challenge as Aspire Champion win or lose. That’s the show after we get back from Japan, and that’s a hell of a main event!

Gia: Just goes to show you that it doesn’t matter whether it’s a pay-per-view or a regular episode of Future Shock - every show is action-packed and you never know what might happen! Gemma has zero tolerance for outside interference and Cait doesn’t seem to care what she has to do in order to get ahead, so you can bet that final defense is going to be non-stop from bell to bell! But we’ll have more on that match after the Saitama Supershow! Make sure to catch all the action on FFW All Access!

Jake: I ask this every show we have when it comes to these big events. Which match is the one you are most eager to see, Gia? For me, it’s probably the main event or the Nova Championship since there’s no one in either of those matches I don’t like. What’s got your attention?

Gia: As much as I’m looking forward to the title matches, for me it’s Lowri and Jacqui, Cassie and Sydney, and Luna and Katie. All three of these matches have scores to settle, and I’m eager to see how they play out in the ring!

Jake: All those matches, plus you will definitely be hearing from Cait Flanagan on winning the Future Shock Cup as well as the newly arriving Raven Knight. And…

He leans towards the camera as if he’s about to tell a secret, and then back to Gia.

Jake: I tend to hear things, and I have it on pretty good authority that there's going to be an announcement in Japan that’s going to change Future Shock. And it’s all regarding the Aspire Championship. That’s all I know right now, but I’m sure it’ll be something everyone...including Cait and Gemma...will be interested to learn.

Gia: I can’t wait to find out what’s in store on the 30th! Whatever it is, it sounds like an amazing surprise.

Jake: For Princess Gia, I’m Jake Chandler! And we’ll see you on FFW All Access June 16th as the Future Shock girls steal the show once again at the Saitama Summit.

The pair give a royal wave towards the camera before After Shock fades to black.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 06:56:40 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: