Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 07:01:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

FFW Velocity - June 11, 2020

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFW Velocity - June 11, 2020  (Read 173 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: June 11, 2020, 12:50:55 pm »

Live from the Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky
June 11, 2020

The FFW logo flashes across the screen before we see Raven Knight looking up at the sign outside of a local tattoo parlor. A smirk covers her face as she pushes through the door to go inside before “Out for Blood” by Sum 41 starts to play.

Zero chances, no way out
No solutions, give in now
There's no point resisting, there's nobody listening

As she walks through, there’s two tattoo artists waiting as they watch television on a big screen. They see Scarlett & Emma of Chaotic Temptation heading towards the ring, Kelly Kincaid nailing her cyclorama from the top rope, Valerie McKinley and Kyle stepping out of a limo, and Abigail Lindsay propped up on her elbow looking down at her opponent.

All that we have is just slipping away
And I don't believe that it's gonna be okay
You can't stop the bleeding, it's almost too late
You're leaving us all the behind with hell to pay

The two artists look up at Raven before one of them offers a chair to her. She strolls over and makes herself comfortable, and starts telling him what she’s looking for. He shows her some of his work, while his partner is still watching the monitor.

Silence, they don't hear you calling
The further down you fall
No, they're not there at all
'Cause they're already gone

The next shot shows Valentina Lozano admiring her Global Wars medals, Luci heading into the arena with her husband behind her, Lacey emerging from underneath the stage at Unstoppable 10, Jordan Majors counting stacks of money with a grin, and Tara Cortez standing in front of a constellation chart with her hands on her hips.

So tell me what's real
'Cause I don't know if I can feel
So tell me what's right
'Cause I don't see the light

As Raven picks out the image she wants, the artist prepares his tools just before we cut to the live show. Thousands of fans roar as they see themselves on television, while the Sum 41 song continues to play throughout the arena. Spotlights flash through the crowd as Kat Grayson heads for the ring.

Zack: The road to the biggest night of the year begins now as FFW barrels towards Unstoppable 11! Welcome to the Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky for the 162nd presentation of Velocity!

Dante: Tonight we are going to crown a new No Surrender Champion when my client, Cassandra Steen, dethrones a numpty naned Lilly Arthur!

Zack: That remains to be seen. But I understand Samantha has a lot of news for us tonight, as well as Rose meeting the Gold Standard’s Valerie McKinley as well as Dawn Lohan facing Angel.

Dante: At least this opponent is actually in the arena for the match!

Zack: Don’t start! Let’s send it up to Kat and get things rolling!

Kat: The following contest is scheduled for one fall to a finish. 

The dance beats of DJ Cutman's "I'm The Boss" blare through the sound system as lights blink in white, baby blue and purple. Skipping and bopping to the beat, Rose Gardner comes out from the back, opening her arms in an airplane stance as she reaches the top of the ramp, stopping and staring into the crowd. She then makes her way down the ramp, high fiving as many fans as possible in the way. As the chorus of the music approaches, she darts to the ring and hops onto the second rope, showing off for the crowd, pointing to herself with her two thumbs as the lyrics say...

I'm the boss!
I'm the boss!
I'm very, very sorry for your loss!
I'm the boss!
I'm the boss!
And just in case I didn't get the point across
I'M THE BOSS!

Kat: Introducing first, from World 8-8, standing at 5' 4"... ROSE GARDNER!!!

Poison then removes her sunglasses and throws it into the audience for some fan before hopping down to the ring and bouncing on the balls of her feet.

Zack: Rose Gardner made her successful return to FFW at Fury with a win over Jordan Majors. Now she’s about to meet one of the OGs of the Gold Standard.

Dante: OG? Valerie McKinley commands more respect than that, Hudson. I’m gonna need you to up your game, and TRY to get on my level.

The lights in the arena sharply cut off, leaving everything in complete darkness. The chiming of a clock is heard echoing in the darkness, followed by a chipper, circus like chime tone. As the tone chimes on, a vibrant gold spotlight shines down on the top of the stage. The circus chimes are soon replaced by the opening chorus of “Villain” by Wildfire.

"Tic tic toc, the time bomb clock
Ticks grinning ear to ear here baby
Tic Tic Toc, the time bomb clock
ticks counting down...
tic, tic stop!"

At the exact moment “stop” is sung, the song kicks into full gear, setting off a series of shimmering gold strobe lights going off on either side of the ramp. A few seconds pass before the controversial redhead, Valerie McKinley makes her way out from behind the curtain and stands in the immediate center of the stage, standing in the gold spotlight. Coming out behind her and standing next to her was her manager, one Kyle Kilmeade.

"You know I speak in riddles,
And I’m plotting to destroy
Villain as I always was
Crazy is as crazy does"

Clad in a mid-thigh length leather jacket worn open over her gear, Valerie looks around at the crowd showering her with a rousing chorus of boos. Her championship is slung over her right shoulder as she looks over at Kyle and the pair simply shake their heads. The strobe lights begin to lessen in intensity as the pair makes their way down the aisle, her arms at her side and a focused look on her face. As she makes her way to the ring, the fans on either side of the aisle make their displeasure at her appearance rather noticeable, which Valerie simply dismisses with an arrogant flip of her hand.

"My sanity's in short supply
Mad as a hatter, hey surprise!
T-T-T-Ticking bomb on the inside
Livin' with the villain pacing in my mind."

Kat: Ladies and gentlemen, making her way down to the ring, being accompanied by Kyle Kilmeade…..from Providence, Rhode Island...she is one half of the reigning FFW Unity champions…….Valerie McKinley!!

The boos grow louder as Kyle hops up onto the apron and climbs into the ring. Valerie hops up onto the apron and spins around so her back is resting on the ropes. With her head bowed, she lifts both arms up towards her head and has her pointer finger and thumb on both hands close to her head. She lifts her head up and extends her arms out, her fingers pointing out at the crowd like pistols. She then makes a motion like she was firing her finger guns at the crowd before turning around to see Kyle already holding the ropes open for her. She steps through the open ropes and into the ring.

"I'm blowing up the mystery
And all the pretty things you see
Light flame to fuse
And Sparks will fly
You said goodnight
Now say goodbye."

Once in the ring, she walks around with her left arm extended outward,her right hand hoisting her title aloft, reveling in the heat from the crowd. She walks over to the corner and peels off her jacket, letting it drop to the apron as the lights return to normal and her music fades out. She rests her back against the turnbuckles and brushes a few stray strands of hair out of her face, awaiting the start of the action.

Zack: Don’t forget, fans. The Unity titles will be on the line at Breaking Point when Valerie here and Lacey defend against Valerie McFarlane and Luci.

Dante: I’ve tried to forget actually. I don’t think they deserve a title shot. They got lucky once, and that’s all it was.

Referee Melinda Davis completes a check of both women as Kat makes her way clear of the ring with a smile on her face. Happy that neither has anything on them that they shouldn’t have, Davis calls for the bell to get the match underway. Rose bolts out of her corner like a starter pistol went off, reaching Valerie before she has a chance to get more than a couple of steps out of her own corner. Rose quickly sets to unloading a volley of forearm shots that land across McKinley’s jaw and push her backwards. Valerie tries to put up her hands to block them but shot after shot hits before the redhead finds herself pushed all the way back into her corner. As soon as the Unity Champion hits the turnbuckles Rose grabs her by the wrist and fires her across to the opposite one. She hits back first and Poison follows her in, stepping up the ropes beside her to deliver an enziguri that sends the Rhode Island native staggering forward out of the corner where she stumbles to her knees.

Zack: If you think Valerie and Luci got lucky, then you have no reason to worry, do you? Because luck always runs out, and the champions will have an easy night by your logic.

Dante: Of course, they are going to have an easy night. Just like Valerie here will make short work of Rose.

Rose follows her out and delivers a big boot to the redhead’s back to knock her face first to the canvas.  Without skipping a beat, Rose grabs Valerie by the foot to apply an ankle lock then she falls to the mat and scissors her leg for good measure. Davis immediately gets into position to ask the Gold Standard member if she wants to give in, and gets a very definite no in response. Valerie starts to reach towards the ropes and Kyle puts his arm under the bottom rope to grab her hand but quickly pulls it back away as the referee looks that way. Rose increases the pressure as much as she can, getting a yell of discomfort in response from the redhead. Davis asks again for the submission but Valerie ignores her and lunges sideways towards the ropes, managing to catch hold of the bottom one and wrap her hand around it. Davis asks for the break, and Rose complies immediately, bouncing back up to her feet and giving a little bow to the crowd who respond with a cheer for her. 

Dante: Look at this ninny bowing and playing to the crowd! If Valerie had done that, they’d be booing her out of the building. Can you explain that?

Zack: Very easily. Rose is one of the people, and Valerie looks down on them. How’s that for an explanation?

McKinley gets back to her feet and winces slightly as she puts weight on the leg which Rose had just targeted. She shakes it off before she quickly has to dodge to avoid an incoming forearm shot from Poison. Grabbing her arm before it connects she pulls Gardener in towards her and smacks her with a forearm smash of her own to the jaw. Valerie keeps a tight grip of Rose’s arm and starts to land forearm shots rapid fire style one after the other before she releases Gardner’s arm and punctuates the series with an uppercut that almost takes her off her feet. As Rose tries to keep her balance Valerie grabs her arm again and this time fires her across into the ropes. The brunette rebounds and the Unity Champion catches her with a superkick that drops her straight to the canvas in a heap. 

Zack: It’s hard to argue with Valerie’s resume in FFW. She was the Future Shock Champion before she got here, and immediately won the tag titles upon the first shot she and Lacey got at them.

Dante: You’re right about that. They defeated lackluster dull boring uninteresting champions like OE and Scarlett. Finally we have tag champions kids can emulate.

Poison starts to push up and gets as far as her hands and knees before Valerie takes off towards the ropes. Rose makes it all the way back to a vertical base just as the Unity Champion uses the top rope to springboard herself into a roundhouse kick that collapses the brunette back to the canvas again. Without wasting a second Valerie takes off towards the opposite ropes and comes back off that set to land a leg drop straight across the downed Rose’s chest. Gardner automatically rolls onto her front to protect her chest as Valerie gets back to her feet and takes off towards the ropes again. The former Fast Track Champion starts to push up to her hands and knees again, only for Valerie to come off the ropes once more this time with a diving double knee drop into Rose’s back which gets a grunt of pain from the brunette as she collapses face first down to the mat again. Rolling her onto her back, Valerie gets Rose into position for a cover, prompting Davis to get into place for the count. 

Dante: Here we go! What’d I tell you about her making short work of Rose tonight?

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Rose gets her shoulder up just after the two getting a roll of her eyes in response from the redhead as she rolls off the cover and back up to her feet. 

Zack: Not quite as easy as you thought it would be, now was it? Rose is a tough night for anyone on the roster.

Grabbing Rose by the head Valerie pulls her up to her feet and fires her across into the nearest corner. She hits with a thud and the Unity Champion follows her in at speed. Dropping her shoulder, Valerie hits Rose with a shoulder thrust to the ribs that almost lifts her off her feet with the impact and causes the air to audibly get knocked out of the brunette. She follows up with a series of uppercuts to keep Rose’s head rocking backwards against the turnbuckle pads, before she grabs the top rope and starts to deliver a series of kicks to her body. She keeps them coming relentlessly before Davis asks for a clean break.

Zack: Valerie can throw hands and feet with the best of them. You’d think she had some MMA training at some point with how well she does these.

Dante: Maybe she has been. Kyle said he had had Shaw taking some MMA training recently. I’m sure he’s been aiding Valerie’s improvement.

Valerie ignores her and continues with her kicks but just as the referee reaches a count of three Rose manages to get her hands up to block some of the impact. She pushes McKinley away from her far enough to only manage one step out of the corner, but as soon as she does the Unity Champion hits her with a standing dropkick to the stomach that bends her in the middle. Valerie takes full advantage to grab Poison by the head and use a snap swinging neckbreaker to send her to the canvas. Valerie gets into position for another cover as Davis slides into place for the count. 

Dante: Here we go! Things are getting back on track now. Our next match will feature Dawn Lohan, and---

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THR-NOPE!!!

Rose gets her shoulder up off the canvas just after the two this time and shoves Valerie off her to give herself enough space to roll out of her way towards the ropes.  She grabs onto them and uses them to bring herself to her feet, giving herself a shake off as the crowd show their support for her loudly. 

Zack: Valerie’s being reminded of how difficult it is to get a fall on Rose, and look at her responding to this capacity crowd.

Spotting Valerie also making it back to her feet, Rose takes off across the ring towards her to deliver a bicycle kick that plants her back on the canvas, before she continues onto the opposite ropes. She bounces off that set picking up more speed as she approaches the downed Unity Champion to deliver a running somersault senton that lands perfectly across the redhead’s chest. She looks for a moment like she might go for a cover of her own, but she seems to change her mind again and then gets back to her feet and takes off towards the ropes again. Poison bounces off them and comes back with a second running somersault senton which again lands perfectly on target. This time though she hooks a leg for the cover as Davis drops into position for the count. 

Zack: Absolutely beautiful senton from the cosplay princess! There’s the cover!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Valerie kicks out before the three is complete and Rose wastes no time in rolling off the cover…………..and straight out of the ring under the bottom rope, getting a large pop from the live crowd as they know what is likely coming next. 

Dante: Oh no...not this again! Can we have one match where she doesn’t stop to change?! I swear this is absurd!

After a few moments Rose emerges back from under the apron, revealing a full Batwoman costume, including mask and bright red wig, and stands up straight with her hands on her hips to a massive pop from the Lexington crowd. BatRose pulls a grapple gun from her belt and aims it at the top rope before she fires. The grappling hook just misses the top rope but Alex swoops in dressed as Robin (even though Robin isn’t Batwoman’s sidekick… just go with it) and secures it on the top rope from her before dramatically swooping away again. Rose uses the rope to climb back up the apron like she was scaling a building, getting her another large pop from the crowd. 

Dante: SINCE WHEN DID ROBIN WORK WITH BATWOMAN?! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!

Zack: Ruby Rose has nothing on the cosplay princess! They may hire her for that show after this!

BatRose rolls back into the ring just as Valerie is getting back to a knee and bolts quickly towards her to deliver another bicycle kick that flattens her back down to the canvas again. She starts to pull herself up again, and Rose reaches down to pull her the rest of the way before she fires her across into the corner. As Valerie hits back first, Rose measures and follows her in with a running handspring into an Enziguri that visibly dazes the Gold Standard member and causes another loud pop to come from the crowd. BatRose pulls the redhead out of the corner and into a forearm smash, before she takes a couple of steps back and uses a roundhouse kick to drop the Unity Champion like a rock.

Zack: Valerie’s getting her bridgework rearranged, courtesy of BatRose!

Dante: Why isn’t she disqualified for that idiot coming out here and getting involved?!

Kyle climbs up onto the apron to complain to the referee about Rose using the grappling hook and accusing her of cheating and using it to hit Valerie as the redhead in question pulls herself back up and shakes herself off. BatRose advances on McKinley and the Unity Champion attempts to poke her in the eye, only for the cosplay princess to grab hold of her and hit a jumping facebuster to put her straight back down on the mat instead. Gardner measures to make sure she isn’t getting straight back up this time, before she lands a standing frog splash and hooks a leg for the cover. Only no count comes as Davis is still arguing with Kyle on the apron, at least until Alex comes around to tell the referee about the cover. 

Dante: How rude! The referee is having a conversation with Kyle, and this noob is trying to break it up!

Zack: There’s a cover, that’s why!

Davis spins around to see the cover and slides into place to make the count only for Valerie to kick out before she can even bring the one down, much to the dismay of the Lexington crowd. BatRose sits back on her knees and looks to the referee, trying to tell her that she had been down for longer than three before she turned around, but Davis tells her it doesn’t count as she didn’t see it or count the cover. BatRose gives a small nod of her head in acknowledgment and  gets back to her feet. She reaches down to pull Valerie up to her feet again, but as she does the Rhode Island native surprises her with a thumb to her throat that sends her stumbling backwards a few steps. McKinley gets back to her feet under her own steam and then uses a drop toe hold on the Cosplay Princess that sends her throat first across the top rope. 

Zack: If Valerie had any air in her lungs, it’s gone now! This may be my favorite incarnation of Rose right here!

Dante: It’s not mine! I think they are all dumb! She could use Canadian superheroes!

BatRose bounces off holding her throat, and the Unity Champion grabs her to pull her into position for her swinging reverse STO, but BatRose wants none of that and manages to catch Valerie with a back elbow to the ribs that freezes her in place for a second. Moving quickly, Gardner delivers her back hook swinging reverse STO instead, driving the redhead into the mat. She gets into position for the cover and hooks both of Valerie’s legs this time as Davis gets into place for the count.  

Zack: And there’s the POISON BUSTER!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

The Lexington crowd comes to their feet with cheers for Poison as she rolls off the cover and Davis gets to her feet to call for the bell. 

Kat: Your winner via pinfall…………………………….’POISON’ ROSE GARDNER!

Dante: This is a travesty! Rose should have been disqualified as soon as that idiot came down to the ring! In my records, this is going down as a win for Valerie.

Zack: I can tell you what you can do with your records if you want, but the fact is Rose is picking up massive momentum here! She’s picking off the Gold Standard one after another!

BatRose gets back to her feet with a big grin on her face and has her hand raised by Davis while the crowd continues to cheer her loudly. She drinks that in for a bit before she rolls out of the ring to join Alex on the floor. The duo make their way back up the ramp stopping at the top to give the crowd a quick wave before they grab their capes, wrap them around themselves and swoop backstage, as the cameras cut elsewhere. 

Disapproving Starla

After seeing pictures from the cage match at Fury including the post match attack on the No Surrender Commissioner by Savannah Star, the show returns live and finds her with Herbie.

Herbie: Dr. McCloud, despite only being the referee at Fury, you ended up seeing some action after the end of the match. And not by Casey, which many might have assumed. Instead it was Savannah. How are you feeling? 

Starla: Hi Herbie. I’ve got to admit I wasn’t expecting what happened at the end of the match - not in the slightest. After all, I feel like I called it straight down the middle and was equally fair to both participants. To get jumped afterwards...and by Savannah who was obviously so very disappointed at her own failings and shortcomings that she just had to lash out at somebody and didn’t want to run the risk of Casey slapping all around the ring again… was something of a surprise. Fortunately, I’m feeling okay right now. She put me to sleep but there wasn’t any real lasting damage done, so I’ll make a full recovery.

Herbie: That’s very good to hear. I saw on Twitter that Casey said you were under her care and convalescing since the match. 

Starla let out a laugh.

Starla: Yeah and offered to perform my duties as No Surrender Commissioner while I was out of action. Which would have been really nice of her if she wasn’t being so self serving. And between you and I, Herbie, I wouldn’t trust Case to look after a goldfish, so take whatever she tweets out with a huge pinch of salt.

Herbie: Speaking of that, your division is spotlighted in tonight’s main event between Lilly Arthur and Cassandra Steen. It certainly seems like Cassandra moved quickly to get into contention at Fury, but proved to be the right bet since she won. Who do you like in this main event? 

Starla: Well, Lilly showed a lot of submission chops and built up a lot of credit in her months long quest to get herself into contention for the No Surrender Championship. Right now, she might have one of the deadliest submissions in the business. Though, on the other hand, Cassandra did beat one of the toughest, most resilient and most experienced women in FFW history at Fury and in Future Shock did one heck of a number on Lydia Charisma. And with Dante in her corner, she could’ve been training with Mileena and who knows what she may have up her sleeve. I wouldn’t write either woman off and both would be worthy champions.

Herbie: I did talk with Casey earlier tonight, and I think she’s already assumed she is the new No Surrender Commissioner because she told me she booked Mila “Midnight” Martin to face Emma Mac on an upcoming Breaking Point. What do you know about that?

The good doctor grimaced for a moment at the thought of Casey being in charge.

Starla: Herbie, if Casey is the new No Surrender Commissioner, no-one has told me and the truth of the matter is that she has booked nothing at all. But what you’ve heard is correct. A couple of days ago, I made that match between Mila and Emma. We all saw how close Emma came at Fury to having the shot tonight against Lilly and we all know the accolades that she holds. Meanwhile Mila might just be one of the most underrated technical wrestlers in the world today and certainly pushed Valentina all the way earlier in the year. They both deserve another chance to get themselves into contention for the No Surrender Championship and they’ll get it at an upcoming Breaking Point.

Herbie: Lastly, I was wondering if there were going to be any repercussions for what Savannah did to you after the cage match at Fury.

Starla: Well….as you know Herbie, I’ve been retired for a couple of years now and I was considering putting the boots back on and working out with Serafina up in the Future Shock Center in Boston. But then I got a phone call from someone, and they’d been watching Fury; they saw everything that went down, the way Savannah had her shoulders pinned to the mat for the three count and the way I got blindsided. Will there be repercussions for that? You can bet your ass there will be Herbie and you’ll get to meet them at Breaking Point.

That caused Herbie to quirk an eyebrow as he heard the news before Velocity took a commercial break. 

Evolution of Mel

The words “Moments After Her Match at Fury..” are shown at the top of the screen before Amber Carano heads towards the curtain as the new Evolution Champion is making her way backstage after the match.

Amber: Mel!

She catches up with her as she rounds a corner.

Amber: Congratulations, Mel, on becoming the new Evolution Champion! Your first singles title since the 5th season of Future Shock, I’m sure it must feel amazing!

Mel, a large, tired smile on her face, nods in agreement to Amber.

Mel: It has been...a very long, hard road, Amber. But oh my friggin’ God...I DID IT! Am I allowed to say that I hope I don’t wake up any time soon?

Amber: You have capped off what has been a clean sweep for the Franchise so far tonight. With Charlotte becoming the new Ultraviolence Champion and Dawn winning….because Nevaeh didn’t even come to the arena….your victory just made it all the better for them after you pinned Scarlett a little bit ago.

Mel: It was already shaping up to be a brilliant night, you’re absolutely spot on there. So to now be three for three, even if one of them is slightly dubious in circumstance...I’ll take it! And it also means bringing two belts into the Franchise, which has also been a long time coming. All I gotta do now is watch Jo do everything she said she was gonna do in the triple threat later!

Amber: I know it’s been a goal of yours to show you are capable of more than being a proficient tag team wrestler. Given that you’ve picked up wins over Hall of Famers like Nevaeh and now becoming the Evolution Champion tonight, do you feel like you have accomplished that mission yet? 

Mel: It...interests me how I said this once and people have kinda harped on it ever since. My end goal has always been much broader than that. I’ve been written off for years in various forms. I’ve been written off as a wrestler in general, I’ve been written off as a tag wrestler despite how well the Storm did on the whole, I’ve been written off as a tag wrestler. My goal wasn’t to prove them wrong in one sense, but to do so in all of them. And yes, I believe I have done that.

Voice: Congratulations, champ!

The next person to enter the shot was the Future Shock Director. Adam approached, and shook her hand as soon as he was close enough.

Adam: What a great performance! Much as I may not be a fan of your manager, you still went out there and picked up the Evolution title. Congratulations. 

Mel: Thanks, Adam. I appreciate that. 

She gave him a smile as she spoke, as well as shaking his hand.

Adam: Well I know I heard some corks popping from the Franchise locker room. So I’m going to expect it’s all for you, especially since Charlotte had her match this afternoon and Dawn….well yeah. I think they got the champagne ready either way.

Mel: I bleeding well hope so! Need a stiff drink after that match...and an ice bath. Actually...nah, I’ll wear the bruises from this one. Lord help us if we clean sweep tonight!

Amber: Congratulations again, Mel. 

As the new champion heads to the locker room with her title held over her shoulder, we head back to the live broadcast. 

« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 12:27:03 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 12:51:10 pm »

Kat: The following match is scheduled for one fall to a finish!!

Dante: For those of you who are watching, I can confirm that Angel is in the building tonight and will be competing against Dawn.

Zack: Would you stop? Do you know the circumstances behind Nevaeh’s absence at Fury? No. So stop trying to discredit her until we have the whole story. 

The dark, haunting opening chords of Kamelot’s “Liar Liar” fill the arena as it is bathed in silver strobes. As the drums and guitar kick in, the lights in the arena flash a deep red and orange, coming down then to show two people on the ramp, a man and a woman, The woman is Angel, and the man Christian Kincaid. Angel is down on bended knee, fist pushed into the ramp. She comes up without warning and as she does, flashes of fire go off all around her.

Would you pray if I said you were dying?
Would you be a little stronger, or fall down on your knees?
Would you stay with me if you knew that I was lying?
Would you walk away or turn the other cheek?

I tremble where I stand,
My wish is your command,
The nature of a truly desperate heart.
Give me something real so I can truly feel,
(Liar liar) on the wall.

As the verse and bridge are played, Angel and Christian make their way down the ramp, the platinum blond deliberately keeping as far from any fan contact that she can. At the bottom of the ramp, she stops and looks out around her while Christian has headed to her corner.

Kat: Making her way to the ring, please welcome ANGEL!

Whisper, whisper in the dark,
Tell me what you see.
Poisoned by your fly-infested poetry.
Liar, Liar on the wall, give the world to me.
Wasteland or a monarchy (liar liar)
Tell me what you see…

Angel walks up the steps and through the middle rope, where she heads to her corner and waits for Christian to hop up to share some last minute things with her and the music goes out.

Dante: I’m just making sure fans don’t think we’re advertising talent who won’t be here, alright? Nevaeh is a no show, she didn’t bother being part of Fury. Angel is here obviously. 

Zack: Boy, I can’t wait for the main event next. I get the rest of the show off from having to listen to you. 

Mz Hyde by Halestorm echoes from the loud speaker.

Dawn Lohan pushes her way through the curtain. Standing at the very top of the entrance way, she drops to her knees, spreads her arms out looking up to the heavens soaking in the very viscerally negative reaction from the crowd. As the music is coursing through the arena she knows she can't delay the inevitable.

Kat: On her way to the ring, from San Diego, California, weighing in at one hundred and thirty pounds, “The self proclaimed Most Wonderful Performer of the Modern Era” DAWN... LOHAN

She slowly makes her down to the ring, all business.

She makes her way to the ring steps. When she reaches the top of the steps, she walks along the apron. Dawn beckons the referee to greet her. The referee of the match up holds the ropes open for Dawn. Entering the ring she walks to center of the ring. Dropping down to her knees again, a single spotlight shines down. The arena showers her with more boos. She doesn’t care. In her mind she is the most wonderful person in existence, screw everyone else. The rest of the lights come on in the arena. Dawn walks over to the corner, chills there until the match starts. 

Dante: How happy do you think Dawn is right now to have an opponent who actually bothered to come to the arena for a scheduled match? 

Zack: Give it a few minutes, and we’ll see how the match goes. She may not be that thrilled about it when the final bell rings. 

Malcolm Parks was the official in charge of the match and waited for Kat to clear the ring before he called for the bell. As it sounded, the two competitors came out of their corner, circling each other before Angel stopped and raised her hand in the air, offering Dawn a test of strength. Lohan considered the offer for a moment before she stepped forwards and took Angel’s hand, interlocking fingers with her before the Franchise member attempted to take her opponent by surprise with a thumb to the eye - Angel though blocked, batting Dawn’s arm away as she retaliated with a jab to the jaw. A second jab followed that and a third before Angel took the Californian to the mat with an armdrag, transitioning through into an arm wringer.

Dante: I’d like to point out to Nevaeh, wherever she is, that this is what it looks like to live up to your commitments. In case she forgot…

Zack: Keep it up. Keep it up, and I’m going to have your mic muted for the rest of this match if I hear Nevaeh’s name again. I can do this solo. 

Dawn started to push herself up to her feet only for Angel to keep the arm caught, wrenching up on it a little as she stepped in towards Lohan and began to fire off forearms into her jaw. Angel forced her foe back into the ropes before she broke the hold and instead began to deliver raised knees into her opponent’s middle; four knees landing before she Irish whipped her across the ring and caught her on the rebound with a running knee lift into her gut. Lohan flipped over and hit the canvas before she rolled to the side and started to come back to her feet only for Angel to jerk her upwards and send her down to the canvas quickly with a snap mare takedown. Dawn hit the mat and quickly looked to roll away and began to rise back up to her feet only for Angel to once more take her back down to the mat with a neckbreaker. Dawn lay on the canvas, holding her neck for a moment and as she began to rise, Angel ensnared her in a headlock applying it tightly. 

Zack: Angel’s got firm control of this match at the moment. Are you sure you don’t want to go strategize one last time with Cassandra before her title shot?

Dante: We’ve been doing that since the match was announced, don’t worry. Besides I wouldn’t want to miss Dawn’s match. I’m sure it will be WONDERFUL!

Lohan pulled her opponent’s arm, trying to jerk it away from around her neck which only caused Angel to tighten up the headlock further as Dawn continued to force her way upright. The San Diego born wrestler made it upright with her head still trapped by her opponent and reached up to pull on Angel’s hair. The official reprimanded the Franchise member who totally ignored him as she continued to pull on her foe’s hair, using it to walk her back into the ring ropes before she shot her off, out of the headlock and across the ring. Angel hit the far ropes as Dawn lowered her head in anticipation of a back body drop. Angel though put on the brakes, stopping right in front of her and shaking her head as she grabbed hold of Lohan with two handfuls of hair that she used to jerk her into a single knee facebreaker. Dawn staggered backwards and Angel took her off her feet as she launched herself into a clothesline. Before the Franchise member could try to rise, Angel dropped an elbow into her chest and made the cover.

Dante: If that cover was likely to get the win, I’d say so. So what were we talking about?

One…

T--

Zack: We are very early in this match, and I agree it’s unlikely Dawn was out of it that fast. 

Dawn kicked out and Angel pulled her up from the canvas by the hair, getting told off by Parks as she did so and again the referee found himself ignored as Angel kept her grip on the locks of the wrestler from San Diego as she started to pepper the back of her head with elbow shots. The official started to count Angel down only to watch as the platinum blonde began to spin, dragging Lohan with her by the hair before she sent her flying across the ring with a hammer throw as the referee reached four. Dawn began to pull herself upwards and as she got her feet beneath her, Angel charged forwards and flattened her to the mat with a big boot to her face. It was immediately followed by a leg drop across her chest which saw Lohan roll away and push up to all fours which prompted Angel to hop off the bottom rope and deliver a two footed mushroom stomp to Dawn’s shoulder blades, driving the self proclaimed most wonderful performer of the modern era into the canvas. It saw the Franchise member roll to her back and Angel made the cover once more.

Zack: Here’s another cover and it’s not looking so WONDERFUL right now, is it?

One…

Two…

Dante: Well that kick out was, but I see you are clearly supporting Angel in this match. Were you supporting Ne--

Zack: Say her name one more time, I dare you! 

Dawn kicked out again and Angel didn’t waste any time as she pulled her upwards by the hair, driving a series of knee strikes into her chest as she did so which saw Lohan drop back to her knees. Again the referee moved in to tell Angel off for pulling the hair and as he did so, Dawn caught Angel with a low blow that Parks didn’t see. Angel barely managed to take a step backwards before Dawn jerked her opponent’s legs out from underneath her as she stood up, causing her foe to hit the mat hard. Lohan kept hold of Angel’s legs, spreading them far enough for her to deliver five rapid fire stomps to the lower midsection; the referee called for the break and began to use the count on Lohan, getting to four as Dawn delivered the final stomp in the series and set off across the ring as Angel rolled to the side, Lohan launching herself into a baseball slide that caught her opponent in the face. 

Dante: I think it’s great that Samantha is making it up to Dawn here for Fury by promising she gets to be part of Unstoppable 11.

Zack: I know Dawn was quite happy about that too. I’m curious to find out who her opponent will be though.

Dante: Whoever it is, I’m sure she will be WONDERFUL! 

Again Angel rolled over and began to push herself upright, getting to one knee as the Franchise member bounced off the ring ropes behind her and came charging back towards her to catch her with a dropkick to her back. Angel sprawled forward and Lohan quickly pulled her upwards and shoved her over the middle rope, leaning across her back as she took hold of the middle rope in an effort to choke the life out of Angel. The referee asked for the break once more and began to use the count. He made it to four before Dawn released her foe, standing upright and taking off across the once more - this time as she returned she launched herself into a seated splash on Angel’s back, driving her against the ring rope once more before she slid through the ropes to the outside. Immediately Lohan spun around and slapped the taste out of her opponent’s mouth that sent Angel falling to the side. 

Zack: Dawn here is more than capable of matching Angel on pretty much every metric. I think they are about as evenly matched as you can ask.

Dante: Well I disagree with that. I think Dawn is a far more WONDERFUL talent in and out of the ring than Angel personally.

The Franchise member took a moment to play to the crowd, telling them that she was the Most Wonderful Performer of the Modern Era… as Angel with a look of anger on her face leaned over the top rope, stretching out her arm to grab hold of Dawn by her hair and started to pull her upwards. Lohan grabbed hold of her foe by the wrists, the referee demanding the break from Angel even as she hauled Dawn upwards, the Franchise member climbing up onto the apron and turning to face Angel who kept hold of a handful of hair as she delivered a headbutt to Lohan. It caused the Franchise member to reel backwards but stay on the apron thanks to Angel’s tight grip; the Platinum Blonde wrestler pulling her forward and into position for a suplex. Angel attempted to bring the Californian into the ring the hard way only to find the attempt blocked. Again Angel looked to deliver a suplex only for Dawn to once more block the move before she countered, lifting her opponent off her feet and dropped her so that she was straddling the top rope. Dawn then grabbed hold of the rope and started to shake it, causing Angel to ride it like it was a bucking bronco before she shoved Angel off it and back into the ring.

Dawn: See, now that was probably not so wonderful. At least not for Angel. 

Zack: Do you really think so? 

Dawn stepped back into the ring as Angel was getting back to her knees, holding herself between the legs only for Lohan to charge towards her and catch her opponent with a running kneelift to her jaw. Angel came back up to her feet, holding her jaw only to get doubled over as Lohan caught her with a stiff kick to the stomach and then followed it up with a snap DDT. The Franchise member rose back to her feet and as her foe made it to all fours, The San Diego native delivered a leg drop across the back of her neck before she began to pull the platinum blonde upwards to her feet and snapped off a release German suplex sending her back down to the canvas. Angel sat up and received a football kick to her chest before Dawn dropped down on top of her and made the cover.

Dante: I think that’s a field goal from 60 years right there! 

One…

Two…

Zack: That shot made my chest hurt, and I’m positive it’s doing that and then some to Angel right now.

Angel kicked out and Dawn looked towards the referee, accepting the two count as she began to bring her foe back to her feet where Lohan unloaded on her with a series of stiff kicks to her body. Angel tried to cover up and protect herself only for the Franchise member to grab hold of her wrist and whip her across the ring into the corner. Angel hit the corner and Dawn was following in close behind her to deliver an avalanche splash to her. The platinum blonde wrestler stepped forward only to get caught with a jawbreaker as she did so that sent Angel back into the corner. Dawn rolled backwards to her feet and backed up to the middle of the ring, measuring her opponent as she did so before charging forwards and launching herself into a high knee to her jaw in the corner. Immediately Dawn pulled her away from the turnbuckle pads and spiked her face first into the canvas with a running bulldog. Quickly Lohan transitioned from the bulldog into a Fujiwara armbar, yanking back on Angel’s arm as she bridged up on her feet and looked to use her body weight to pin her foe’s body face first to the mat.

Zack: Hey, maybe Cassandra will be the opponent Dawn gets to face at Unstoppable 11? How WONDERFUL would that be?

Dante: Oh, that would be a main event worthy match on any show. But Cassandra will be No Surrender Champion by then, and I don’t think Dawn would be looking for a shot at it.

Parks dropped down in front of Angel, asking her if she wanted to quit and got a ‘No’ as she fought to escape the hold. It only prompted Dawn to lean back further, applying further pressure in the hold as she did so. Still Angel refused to submit to the hold, fighting to jerk her arm free to no avail and instead began to slither her body backwards, Lohan following her as she looked to keep the hold locked in just as tightly until Angel managed to hook a foot over the bottom rope; the referee called for the break and used the count, only getting as far as three before the Franchise member pinned her foe’s arm to the canvas and kicked up into the air to drive both her knees into Angel’s arm. A second kick up double knee drop followed that before Dawn pulled her opponent up to her feet, shoving her back against the ropes as she wrapped her arm around the top rope, pulling on it to exert pressure on the shoulder once more as she fired off kicks into her midsection.

Dante: Dawn’s really working over Angel’s body. Her stomach is gonna look a riot of purple and brown at this rate. 

Zack: That’s one of Dawn’s best offensive aspects. She has very lethal feet, and knows how to use them. 

Again Parks called for the break and began the count as Lohan kept on firing off kicks into her body. The official made it right to the brink of five before the Most Wonderful Performer ended her assault, stepping backwards with her hands raised. Angel held her arm against her body as Dawn measured her up and went for a codebreaker...and Lohan landed hard on her shoulders and the back of her head as Angel blocked the move by keeping hold of the top rope with one hand. Dawn held the back of her head as she came back up to her feet and Angel caught her with an eye rake before she flattened her down to the canvas with a stiff right hand. Lohan immediately rose once more and found herself knocked back down to the canvas once more with another haymaker of a right hand. 

Zack :Dawn’s finding out quickly that Angel isn’t any more bothered by playing by the rules than she is. 

Dante: That haymaker was not very WONDERFUL, Zack. 

Again the Californian began to rise to her feet only for Angel to catch her with a roundhouse kick to the side of her head. The Franchise member staggered backwards as she managed to find her balance only for her foe to leap onto her shoulders and snap off a hurricanrana. As Angel landed atop of the San Diego native, she used her good arm to fire off machine gun like stiff open handed strikes to her head before she popped back up to her feet. Dawn started back to her feet holding the side of her head as she did so and found herself lifted up from behind as Angel stepped towards the middle of the ring before she drove Lohan downwards into the canvas with a back suplex. Lohan arched her back up from the canvas in pain before she sat up and once more started to rise to her feet only for Angel to springboard off the middle rope and delivered a dropkick to the Franchise member. 

Zack: How much do you wanna bet that Dawn is wishing she had another night of flike she did at Fury? 

Dante: Dawn is a seasoned athlete who wants to win on her own merits, not because her opponent is a craven wuss who couldn’t even get on the plane like Nev--

Zack: Say it, go ahead. 

Dante: Uh, her opponent at Fury.

Lohan rolled onto her front and attempted to crawl away from her opponent to the outside of the ring but found herself caught by the foot. Angel pulled her backwards into the middle of the ring where she delivered a double knee drop into her spine. Dawn arched her back in pain which saw her foe float over to sit on her back as she pulled Lohan upwards and into a camel clutch. Angel leaned back, pulling back on her foe’s jaw as she did so, putting pressure on her back before she freed one hand for a moment and started to hammer three forearm shots into her chest before she reaffirmed her grip in the submission hold underneath Dawn’s jaw pulling back on her head. The official asked Lohan if she wanted to quit and got a ‘No’ from the wrestler. 

Dante: Of course, she’s not going to quit. Who does this goof think he’s talking to? When has he ever seen Dawn quit in a match?

Zack: It’s his job. He’s supposed to ask whether they are going to say it or not. 

Angel continued to pull back on her opponent’s head as she sat lower on her back, applying more pressure as she did so. Still Lohan refused to quit even though she was caught in the middle of the ring. Angel kept the hold locked in for a little bit longer, Dawn still refusing to quit whenever the official asked her before she finally released the hold, dropping the Franchise member face first to the canvas. Dawn pressed a hand to the small of her back as her face creased up in agony and was only given a couple of moments of relief before Angel pulled her upwards, grabbing her arms from behind into a straitjacket position before unleashing a straitjacket German suplex that she bridged to make the pinfall.

Zack: Outstanding variation on the German suplex, and look at the neck strength! 

One…

Two…

...THRE--

Dante: And a WONDERFUL kick out from Dawn too. 

ZAck: I’m getting close to adding that word to the ban list out here on commentary, just so you know.

Dawn kicked out of the pinfall as Angel looked towards the official, asking for the three count but instead had the two confirmed to her. She pulled the Franchise member up right and used stinging knife edge chops to force her backwards into the ropes before she Irish whipped her across the ring and caught her on the return with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. As she shoved her down to the canvas, Angel grimaced slightly and held her shoulder for a couple of moments before she began to pull Lohan back up to her feet by the hair and Irish whipped her across the ring into the corner. The Californian hit the turnbuckle pads hard and Angel charged in behind her, launching herself into a low dropkick to her kneecap. Dawn stumbled forwards two step before she fell to her knees and Angel wasted no time at all in planting her foe into the canvas with a spiked DDT. As Lohan rolled over onto her back, Angel used the ring ropes to springboard upwards and delivered an Arabian Press moonsault which connected perfectly, the platinum blonde made the cover, hooking the leg as she did so.

Dante: Hey, Angel’s been watching Tara Cortez matches...and mimicking her badly!

One…

Two…

...THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zack: That was not Tara’s finisher right there, and it wasn’t enough to keep Dawn down for a three either. 

Dawn rolled her shoulder causing the referee to show the two count to everyone involved, Angel asking for the three but not getting it from the official. Angel nodded her head and looked down to Christian who encouraged her onwards; his client pulling the Franchise member to her feet and snapped off The Gates Are Open side Russian legsweep. Dawn sat up, holding her back as she landed on the canvas and Angel immediately went to transition through into the Eternal Burning pentagram choke. Lohan tried to fight it off and stop Angel from locking it in, squirming and writhing as she did so. Angel didn’t let up as she managed to lock in the chokehold tightly at the same moment that Lohan hooked her foot over the bottom rope. The referee called for the break which saw Angel wrench on the hold tighter, keeping it applied as the official made the count, getting to four as Lohan looked to be fading before he got the release.

Dante: If I was the referee, I’d disqualify on a four count just to shake things up. I’d make a WONDERF…..err...terrific referee. 

Zack: If you were the referee, at least one of the people in most any match would knock you the hell out before the bell rang.

Parks reprimanded Angel for using the submission hold as she came back to her feet while Dawn was barely moving on the canvas. Angel pushed past the official to move back towards her opponent, and as she bent down over her to grab hold of her arm and started to pull her away from ropes, Lohan suddenly jabbed a thumb into her eye. Angel staggered backwards and Lohan used the ropes to pull herself upwards, forcing herself back to her feet quickly. Angel cleared her vision as Lohan made it vertical and charged towards the Franchise member only for the Californian to lower her shoulder and send Angel up and over the top rope with a back body drop. Angel landed on her feet and spun Dawn around as she straightened up only for Lohan to surprise her once more as she grabbed her by the head and dropped to her knees, snapping her throat over the top rope and sending Angel down to the floor. 

Dante: That’s one of my favorite moves right there. You can’t toughen up and train your throat after all.

Zack: I guess we can expect Cassandra to be making some use of it at some point then? Or maybe Sydney?

Lohan pushed up to her feet and backed away to the middle of the ring where she measured up the rising Angel and charged towards her, firing herself into a baseball slide that caught Angel in the face. Dawn landed on her feet next to her and pulled her upright, slamming her face first into the ring apron before she rolled her back into the ring. Lohan quickly followed her back inside and used the ring ropes to pull herself upwards, holding her back as she did so. Angel made it back to her knees and as she did so, Dawn began to fire off a series of shoot kicks into her chest that forced Angel back into a sitting position and allowed Dawn to complete the Lohan barrage with a high knee to the head. As Angel hit the canvas she instinctively rolled to the side before she began to push upwards, Dawn waving her up with one hand as she held her back with the other. Angel made it to one knee and Lohan flattened her back to the canvas with a shining wizard to the side of the head before Lohan made the cover and hooked the leg.

Dante: Holy crap, Angel has to be unconscious after that!

One…

Two…

...THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zack: Not yet she’s not. But I’m a little surprised she’s cognizant enough to realize what was going on after that shot.

Angel rolled her shoulder at the last moment and Dawn looked at the referee in disbelief, holding up three fingers only for Parks to shake his head, telling her that it was just two and that the shoulder came up in time. Dawn shook her head at him, demanding the three but only got the two confirmed once more. Finally, Lohan seemed to accept it and stepped out onto the apron, still holding her back with one hand while she watched her opponent begin to rise to her feet. As Angel got upright, Dawn launched herself into The WONDERFUL Forearm, driving her forearm into her foe’s jaw which dropped her down to the canvas. Lohan held her back with a look of pain on her face as she turned towards the corner, pointing to the top rope and made towards it. She climbed up to the top rope and measured up Angel before she launched herself into the New Dawn 450 splash. It landed perfectly and Dawn hooked her foe’s legs for the pinfall.

Dante: What a WONDERFUL way to end the match with the NEW DAWN!!

One…

Two…

...THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zack: Yeah…. We’ll be banning that word going forward most likely, at least as long as I’m here with you.

Parks called for the bell as he completed the three count and Dawn lay back on the mat, one hand underneath her to hold her spine as Angel rolled to the ring apron where she was met by Christian Kincaid.

Kat: Here is your winner, by way of pinfall…”THE SELF PROCLAIMED MOST WONDERFUL PERFORMER OF THE MODERN AGE” DAWN LOHAN!!!!

Zack: Dawn Lohan picks up the win tonight against Angel, and is no doubt making her employer happy in the process. I sense that matters greatly to her.

Dante: Uh..duh! You should make your employer happy, because they are usually the ones who sign the paychecks. 

Lohan came back to her feet and had her hand raised by the official to the boos from the crowd. Angel held her jaw and was checked on by Christian at ringside while Dawn celebrated her victory before the show cut elsewhere.

Samantha Shakes Things Up

When the show returned to the back once more, there we found the owner of FFW along with Jo McFarlane. There was a covered pedestal between them as Samantha began. 

Samantha: All this month, we are going to be celebrating the 10th anniversary of FFW. On June 5th of 2010, that’s when it all began. And a lot of ground has been covered since that day. Part of the way we are going to commemorate this anniversary is every show this month will feature a championship match. Like tonight, the No Surrender Championship is on the line. At Breaking Point, the Unity titles will be on the line. It’s just one way I want to commemorate 10 years. Name another women’s promotion that has been in business that long. There are very few promotions of any kind, let alone all female promotions, who can boast that. 

Jo: Oh! Oh! I think I...no, wait, it’s gone.

The younger redhead folds one arm over her stomach, rests the elbow of te other hand on the hand of the folded arm, and knocks her fist against her head lightly as if trying to encourage thought.

Jo: Aye...I got nothing. Not a single thing. Pity that, you kinda want to have competition sometimes. Oh well. All that does is show how much better this place is. Also, I’m really, really excited for this title defence at every show. That is really exciting, though I might be biased given that my sister is in one of those matches.

Samantha: After 10 years, I also feel it’s never a bad thing to shake things up a little. And that’s why the next defense of the Fast Track Championship...will be the last one. Given how difficult it has been to complete the requirements for the Fast Track title and that only 2 women have done it so far and possibly a third if Lacey pulls it off, I’ve decided to do something else. Now if Lacey retains her fourth defense, she will still get her prize for an Evolution Championship match. However, that will be the last time the title is up for grabs because we will be replacing it with a brand new title. 

There is a look that crosses Jo’s face that seems to be something of shock more than anything else.

Jo: Well, I’ll be sad to see the title go, I’ll be honest. It’s a feat not many have managed, you’re absolutely right of course, but I always thought that the fact it seemed so difficult was part of the challenge. Like I kinda feel as though if everyone had managed it, it wouldn’t have made the title seem as special. But maybe I’m just odd that way.

Samantha: Here’s how it will work. Lacey’s final defense of the Fast Track Championship will be this month when she faces a new challenger, Angel. If Lacey retains, she gets her prize like those before her. However, if Angel wins the match, allow me to introduce you to the championship she will be claiming.

Samantha pulls the cover off the pedestal to show the camera the new title. 

OOC: The title looks very much like this.

Samantha: Introducing the FFW Phoenix Championship.

Jo: That is...beautiful, actually.

SHe gives a small nod, approving of the design in front of her.

Jo: I think it’ll be a very...strange night for both Lacey and Angel when they face for the belt, whichever way it pans out, of course. And I’m sure that Raven Knight will be gutted she’s not currently on the main roster, a flaming bird seems like something that’s right up her alley.

Samantha: Good luck to both women. And finally, the reason I have asked Jo to join me is because I’m going to go ahead and name FFW’s first participant in the next Impact special in October. And it’ll be Jo McFarlane!

A wide grin now comes over Jo’s face.

Jo: Yass! I am here for this! Future Shock hasn’t always been the best to me, as the past has shown, but that’s fine. It’s something that is still dear to me, so to be able to get a chance to go against one of the prospects is awesome. Will my opponent for the match be announced closer to the time?

Samantha: Actually I’m prepared to announce it now, but I can’t say who it will be. For the first time in the Impact series, I am going to have the Future Shock Champion herself, whomever that may be in October, to meet you on the show. 

Jo: A former Future Shock Champion - me - faces the current one, whomever that might be. For that...I cannot tell you the excitement I’m feeling for that. Now...I hope that somehow makes the desire to be the one at the top of Future Shock even more exciting.

Samantha: Obviously I don’t know who that champion will be yet. It could be Vivi. It could be Mara. It could be someone else, since October is still well into the future. And I’m positive there will be more defenses of the title by then. The Future Shock Champion is always the first name that comes to mind when Adam and I discuss who is moving to FFW next. What better way to test that woman! 

Jo: Agreed completely and utterly. Facing someof those who have come before is a test and of itself, but when you get into the ring with former Future Shock Champions, Hall of Famers, FFW Champions...you know that you are probably getting ready to being on the roster that you came to eventually join.

Samantha: There’ll be other announcements to come this month, including one I know Mr. Grant has in store for our FFW All Access viewers when they watch the Saitama Summit this coming Tuesday. I do have one other announcement for July. Unstoppable 11 is the biggest night of all, but given the anniversary of FFW, I would feel remiss not to include Future Shock. So next month, we will be doing a charity show featuring the FFW & Future Shock rosters on Velocity competing with and against each other to benefit St. Jude’s Children's Hospital once again. That night, all profits will go towards helping to end childhood cancer. 

Jo: So...not to sound like an old woman, since I’ve been here for most of FFW’s existence, but it almost sounds like a Byte This, the charity shows that we did years ago for a large number of charities. Which is absolutely a wonderful thing. I’ve seen what this disease does to families when it’s kids. It’s not pretty. Actually kinda devastating.

Samantha: All part of the 10th anniversary of FFW. Now with that said, let’s begin those title matches I promised next month and see who takes home the No Surrender Championship tonight.

The show cuts back to the ring for the main event. 

« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 11:58:57 am by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 12:51:22 pm »

Kat: The following contest is a submission rules match for the FFW No Surrender Championship! 

Zack: Samantha just dropped a lot of news on us, and now it’s main event time! We’re about to see a rematch from the original Impact special here, but with so much higher stakes. And hopefully, we’ll have a much better resolution than that night. I’m also happy to have Adam Grant here with me, the Director of Future Shock. 

Adam: Thanks for the invitation. This is a match I was hoping we’d see a solid finish to at the first Impact special, but I’m happy it’s getting a payoff hopefully here for the No Surrender title.

The opening bars of “You Call Me A Bitch Like It’s A Bad Thing” begin to play through the speakers around the arena and the lights on the stage go out leaving it darkness.

You took me to your little crib
Guess it must have been a big deal
Got me starring in your wet dream
Now it's time to get real
I'm not looking for love
No not today
But you call me up and had the nerve to say
See you next Tuesday

A white spotlight hits the centre of stage to see Cassandra Steen standing in the middle of it with her manager, Dante Knox standing slightly to the side. The crowd instantly show their disdain for the pair with a loud chorus of boos. Neither Cassandra nor Dante seem phased at all by this and in fact seem to revel in it. A smirk curling on Cassandra’s lips as she surveys the crowd. 

You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing
You call me a freak like that means something
Can't get your way so you're sulking
I think we know the rest
Get it off your chest
I don't give a shit
I love it when you call me a bitch like it's a bad thing

Cassandra begins her walk down the ramp to the ring slowly with Dante walking beside her, Cassandra surveying the crowd either side of her as she does. Still she doesn’t seem particularly bothered by the less than favourable yells from the crowd as she whispers something to her manager.

Kat: Making her way to the ring, from Leeds, England, and accompanied by her manager, Dante Knox, she is ……………….CASSANDRA STEEN!

You show up everywhere I go
Get a grip you're acting so weird
I don't need your jager bombs
I think I can take it from here
You gotta learn to leave when the party ends
I don't really care what you tell your friends
Tell me again

As she reaches the ring, Cassandra climbs the steps and takes another moment to look around at the crowd as Dante holds the ropes open for her to enter between the middle and top ropes. 

You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing
You call me a freak like that means something
Can't get your way so you're angry
I think we know the rest
Get it off your chest
I don't give a shit
I love it when you call me a bitch

Cassandra’s music comes to an end and as it fades out, she makes her way to her corner and leans back against the turnbuckles and rests one arm on the ropes beside her, as she shares some last minute words with her manager.

Zack: For the life of me, I don’t see why Cassandra needs Knox in her corner. I have no idea what he adds to her skill set, but it keeps him out of the booth. So that’s enough.

Adam: I was about to say if you really missed him, I could probably flag him down to come back over here. Cassandra has a tremendous amount of talent, it’s just the constant desire to outshine her sister that I think takes away from everything she does. I’m of the mind you should be the best you that you can be rather than someone else. 

“All Stand Up” by Status Quo starts to play as the young lady runs out onto stage with the championship belt around her waist, heading to one side she urges the crowd to their feet, clapping her hands above her head. Skipping across to the other side, she waves them to their feet as she once more claps her hands over head. Quickly moving back to the ramp, she sprints down to the ring, sliding underneath the bottom rope and getting to her feet quickly. Bouncing off the ropes she powerslides across the ring on her knees before hopping to her feet and continuing to rally the crowd by stomping on the mat and clapping as she heads for her corner, climbing to the middle turnbuckle and holding the title high above her head before getting ready for the match to start.

Kat: The young lady approaching the ring comes from Sheffield, England by way of New York City, New York. She is 5’7” tall, she weighs 144 lbs and she is the reigning and defending FFW No Surrender Champion….LILLY ARTHUR!!!

Zack: It’s been a long time since Lilly was part of the Future Shock brand, but I know it’s something that she holds dear. I don’t envy her with Cassandra being her first defense. 

Adam: I doubt Lilly would have it any other way though. She doesn’t want easy matches, and nor should anyone holding a title in FFW expect one. That goes for Future Shock too.

Referee Jennifer Stringer makes sure neither of the women are hiding any weapons before she takes the titanium title from Lilly. Cassandra gets a look at it before the referee raises it above her head. Kat takes the title with her as the bell sounds, and Lilly heads out of the corner with a focused expression. Cassandra meets her in the center as the two women stare into one another’s eyes for a few seconds. They lock up from there with Lilly starting to push the challenger back into the ropes, which Steen stops by breaking it and trying to catch her with a right hand. Lilly blocks it, and fires back with a few of her own to the jaw. It sends her backwards a step before the champion yanks her by the arm into a short knee to the ribs. Before Steen can straight up, Lilly uses a snapmare to take her over to the mat and apply a rear chinlock with a knee against her back. 

Adam: I’ve seen both of these ladies use a couple different submissions, so I’m not sure which one they are going to be looking for. 

Zack: I’m sure that will be revealed in due time, but right now, it’s the champion who is controlling the action.

The twin didn’t stay in that position long, causing Lilly to turn it into a standing side headlock. A couple shots to her kidneys broke the hold, and Cassandra shoved her forward into the ropes. As soon as Lilly bounced into them, Cassandra used a low shoulder block to her lower back to send her into them again. She quickly grabbed her head, and dragged her face along the top rope to blind Lilly. Steen followed up by spinning her around, and snapping off a vertical suplex. She floated on top of her, and applied a camel clutch immediately. Stringer dropped down in front of Lilly to see if she wanted to stop the match, and found out she didn’t. 

Zack: I suspect we are going to see quite the focus on the ground game here. A lot of high risk moves won’t make sense when pinfalls don’t count. 

Adam: I could see it either way. If you can make your opponent run out of gas, that makes it a lot easier for them to consider calling it a night.

Cassandra kept one hand under her chin, but freed her other to rain left hand blows into the side of her head. Lilly couldn’t protect herself, only absorbing those lefts until Steen used both hands in the hold once again. Another check by the referee got the same response from Lilly, Dante watched from the corner, encouraging her to pull back on Lilly’s head even more. But the champion pressed both her palms to the mat, and started trying to push up to her feet. A couple more lefts to the head stopped that, and Cassandra quickly transitioned into a crossface instead. 

Zack: Looks like Lilly was trying to power out of the camel clutch, and the challenger wasn’t gonna let her have the chance. 

Adam: That’s smart thinking on Cassandra’s part. If she can stop her from getting up, there’s no reason not to do it. 

With Lilly’s arm hooked between Cassandra’s legs, the champion started trying to pull them both towards the ropes. She got a couple inches closer and reached out to grab the bottom rope. But Steen stretched her leg out, and pushed the rope away with her foot. The referee spotted it quickly, and Cassandra released the hold. The official warned her about using the ropes, but was ignored by the twin as she started stomping Lilly’s back to keep her down on the mat. Cassandra bounced off the near side to deliver another stomp, but the champion rolled out of the way to get to her feet. Steen descended on her quickly, catching her with a short knee to the ribs and then pulling her into a front facelock. But Lilly surprised her by driving her back into the corner. Three quick shoulder thrusts knocked the wind out of the challenger as Lilly climbed up to the middle rope. She raised her fist as the crowd counted out ten punches to the head followed by her dropping down to her feet and using a monkey flip to send her to the canvas.

Zack: Man, Lilly was laying in those right hands and sent Steen for a ride at the end. The champion is starting to get her offense rolling now.

Adam: She finally found herself an opening, and didn’t waste any time in taking advantage of it. I think Lilly has the advantage of having been in these submission matches a lot lately too.

Steen started to get to her feet before Lilly grabbed her arm, and fired a stiff kick into her ribs that dropped her to her knees. The champion took off for the far side, delivering a running knee to her back between her shoulders that sent Cassandra down to all fours. Arthur’s face winced as her own back was bothering her, but she nailed the move Cassandra missed when she bounced off the ropes for a big stomp to her back. The challenger was slow to get to her feet, and Lilly sent her head and shoulder first into the middle turnbuckle. Cassandra slumped against the middle turnbuckle as Lilly bounced off the far side, and came back with another running knee into the back of her head. 

Zack: Looks like they are both targeting the same areas here, only difference being Lilly has picked up the tempo with these knee strikes. 

Adam: I think the logic is if she can knock her out, then the referee has to stop the match too. I’m enjoying the faster tempo personally.

The champion backed up a couple steps as Cassandra started to use the ropes to help her get back to her feet. Lilly watched her like a hawk. And as soon as she was back to her feet, she applied a sleeper hold and pulled her away from the ropes. As soon as Steen felt it applied, she tried to pull Lilly’s arms apart without much success. She then reached for the ropes as Lilly was pulling her back to the center of the ring. Lilly tightened her grip, and stepped on the back of Cassandra’s knee to bring her down and lean into her. Stringer asked the challenger about stopping the match.

Adam: I don’t know that Cassandra will actually quit, I’ve never seen her do it honestly. But if she pases out, that’s sufficient enough for Lilly to retain her title. 

Zack: She better figure something out quickly, because it won’t take a lot longer for this hold to do just that. Lilly’s got her in the center and making her carry her body weight too.

Stringer checked again for a submission, but Cassandra wasn’t responding as her arms hung at her side with her eyes closed. The official raised her hand, and let it fall. She did it a second time, only for it to fall again. On the third attempt, it dropped and sprung back up to rake her fingers across Lilly’s eyes. It caused her to let go, and clutch her face in pain while Steen groggily pushed back to her feet. It was obvious that the hold took a fair bit out of her as she tried to get back to her feet. Lilly came forward to get her, and was surprised with a jawbreaker that staggered her backwards. Steen got back to her feet, and caught Lilly coming again with a neckbreaker that put them both on the mat.

Zack: Cassandra’s looking for a coffee or two to help her shake off the effects of the sleeper. She looks like someone who slept through her wake up call. 

Adam: This match is much more technically sound than the one they had at the first Impact, and luckily Knox hasn’t had a hand in it at all. Let’s hope it stays that way.

Cassandra lurched towards the apron as Dante moved in front of her. He took her hand and patted it before gently patting her cheeks to help revive her.  It seemed to be working as she began to get back to her feet with the help of the ropes. Lilly was starting to do the same as Knox warned his client. When the champion got within range, Steen caught her with a kick to the gut before scooping her up into a backbreaker across her knee. Arthur collapsed to the canvas before the challenger grabbed her arms and planted a foot between her shoulders for a standing surfboard submission. 

Zack: This’ll give Cassandra a little more time to get her wits together, but it’s certainly not where Lilly wants to be. I’m guessing it’s no secret who your wife is supporting in this match.

Adam: It’s only a secret to people who have never met them. Yes, she is 100% behind Lilly and hoping she retains the title. She’s watching right now from her locker room.

Once more, the referee dropped to the mat to see if Lilly wanted to stop. But the champion shook her head, only for Cassandra to punish her for it with a few stomps to the back of her head. She planted her foot between her shoulders once again with another stomp. Dante encouraged his client to dig her heel into Lilly’s back, which Cassandra did. The champion’s face was clearly emoting pain as the referee checked again for the submission, still not getting one. 

Zack: Do you think Cassandra was prepared to have her shot this early? Often you see people getting a shot and having a few weeks to prepare. She had less than 2 weeks since Fury.

Adam: I doubt it made much of a difference personally, but I could be wrong. Most of the talent I’ve ever worked with wants their shot as soon as they can get it. I doubt it made too much of a difference to Cassandra. 

Stringer checked again with Lilly, still getting the same answer as Steen dug the heel of her boot into Lilly’s spine. The champion grimaced as she shook her head, and received another barrage of stomps to her back. Finally, the challenger released the hold and took off towards the ropes. She went for a double stomp, only for the champion to roll away. Arthur struggled to get to her feet as Cassandra charged her, and got planted with a spinebuster instead. The crowd came back to life as Lilly rolled away from Steen, and began fighting to get back to a vertical base. 

Zack: Lilly’s gotta turn the tide, and keep it in her favor here. She’s put Steen down for a moment, and can’t waste too much time here. 

Adam: I’m positive if Lilly had her way, she’d be right on top of her. I don’t know if you’ve ever had severe back pain, it definitely will slow you down to a crawl, Zack.

With the crowd behind her, Lilly finally got her feet under her. She glanced to see Cassandra rising as well, and then lunged towards her. A bicycle kick to the face sent the challenger backwards into the ropes and then bouncing forward. Lilly caught her on the rebound with a lifting side slam. The crowd was chanting her name now as she struggled to get back to her feet once again. Arthur was having trouble standing up totally straight though. 

Zack: Cassandra really did a number on Lilly’s back. If she can’t stand up straight, that’s going to severely lessen the effectiveness of pretty much any more she will try to hit.

Adam: More than that, Zack. Not being able to stand up almost puts you into position for a lot of moves involving grabbing you by the head. 

Lilly circled around behind the challenger, extending her arms as Cassandra was starting to get up again. The challenger was in no hurry though, and Dante was shouting at her that Lilly was behind her. It was hard to tell if Steen heard him. And when she got to her feet, Lilly grabbed her arms from behind into her full nelson facebuster. 

Zack: There’s the TIGER LILLY!! She pulled it off, and we know that’s usually the setup for Lilly’s favorite submission. 

Adam: You’re 100% right on that, but the trick is getting it on right now. We don’t know how much has been taken out of Lilly here. 

Lilly stepped over her back, and applied a seated full nelson with both knees pressed into Cassandra’s back. The fans in the arena came to life once again as Stringer dropped to see if the challenger wanted to stop the match. Dante was beside himself on the floor as Cassandra wasn’t responding very much to the referee’s questions. Stringer grabbed her hand and let it fall limp once and then twice. But when she went to do it a third time, the two women were pulled backwards as Dante had grabbed Steen’s feet to pull them under the ropes. The referee called for the break, and Lilly got to her feet with a cold stare towards the manager!

Zack: She had her!! She had Cassandra beat, and Steen’s still down! And I think Dante just bought himself a whole world of trouble!

Adam: I think you’re right, but now isn’t the time for that. She needs to get Cassandra back to the center of the ring, and slap on that hold again!

Lilly headed for the ropes, and grabbed Knox by the jacket. The referee tried to get between them and break it apart before Knox rolled something into the ring between Lilly’s legs. Cassandra raised her head, and wrapped her hand around it. The challenger struggled to her feet, and slid it into her knee pad as the referee was still trying to break Lilly’s grip. She finally did so as the referee was still arguing with Knox. 

Zack: No no no no! Cassandra’s going back to basics, and there’s a ten dollar knockout in that knee pad waiting for Lilly!

Adam: I can’t tell, but...did Lilly see it? It’s hard to be sure, but I think she may have seen him do it!

Lilly turned around and headed for her opponent before a running midair knee strike caught her on the jaw and dropped her. Quarters went flying as the champion collapsed face down on the mat, and Cassandra applied her muta lock submission. Dante screamed at the referee to look, and Stringer doubled back. She asked Lilly questions, getting no response. And three hand drops later, she called for the bell!

Zack: DAMN IT! Those damn quarters right on the button put Lilly out, and it sure as hell wasn’t because of that submission!

Cassandra rolled to the mat, and Dante immediately joined her in the ring to help her back to her feet. The referee raised her hand, and awarded her the titanium title.

Kat: Your winner by submission….AND NEEEWWWW FFW No Surrender Champion….CASSANDRA STEEN!!

Cassandra was still dazed though, and Dante showed her the title. It brought a tired smile to her face as she stared down at it. Lilly was still face down on the mat as the referee noticed all the quarters all over the mat, while the fans in the arena had nothing but boos for the new champion.

Adam: I wish there was something I could do about this, but it’s not my domain, Zack. But I can promise you Lilly won’t just accept it. She’ll be back for her title.

Zack: And that day can’t come soon enough! Cassandra Steen is the new face of the No Surrender division, and---ohh, look who’s watching!

The camera spotted Starla at the top of the ramp with her arms under her chest looking on disapprovingly. Cassandra and Dante looked back to see her as Starla looked none too happy before Velocity faded off the air.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 12:29:35 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: