Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 29, 2024, 08:07:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 80

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 80  (Read 108 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: June 20, 2020, 01:14:00 pm »

The instrumental version of “Boom” by the X Ambassadors starts to play as we open on Jake and Gia arriving at an empty studio. Only the video wall behind them is there as they look around and at each other confused. Suddenly the video goes into fast forward as suddenly production staff immediately start moving in the furniture. The pair watch as the staff moves at a pretty quick pace (thanks to fast forward) and gets everything set up: chairs and table too. The two hosts look pleased with that before they sit down. One staffer places Gia’s crown on her head, bringing a smile to her face before the After Shock logo appears on the video screen before the camera zooms in on it. A bolt of electricity appears and then we cut back to the actual show with both Jake & Princess Gia greeting the viewers.

Jake: Welcome to the latest edition of After Shock, as we are coming off a massive show in Saitama, Japan. I’m Jake, and this is Princess Gia. Thanks for joining us!

Gia: And what a night it was! All our girls were absolutely outstanding in Saitama - feuds were ended, titles changed hands, and we heard from several members of the roster. Where should we get started, Jake?

Jake: We might as well start things off with our new champions. The 8 month reign as the Future Shock Champion was halted in Saitama when Mara Werth defeated Vivi Traeger. This was one of a very few matches on the show where there was no bad blood, just a lot of respect which was shown before and afterwards. And that’s what I prefer to see personally. Congratulations to Mara!

Gia: Same here. Mara was absolutely outstanding in that match, and showed the kind of heart, grit, and determination you need in order to be a Future Shock Champion. And that’s not a knock on Vivi - she reminded us just why she’d been champion for so long, and why Mara was going to have to bust out every trick in her considerable arsenal in order to beat her. It’s a changing of the guard for sure, but I think Future Shock is in good hands with Mara at the top. And that wasn’t our only title change of the night - in the third match of the series, the Raging Dragons recaptured the Future Shock Tag Team Championships from the Laurie Jane Experience. Jake, what did you make of that match?

Jake: Those teams are so evenly matched, it’s kinda crazy. They trade wins all the time in singles and tag matches. While the Dragons are the first 2 time Future Shock Tag Champions, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Experience do it again too in the future. As a matter of fact, we might be able to find out about that. We have a special guest today, who would only come as long as Gia and I didn’t want him thrown off the set!

The shot pulls back to see their guest, the future Shock Director Adam Grant, taking a seat on the other side of Princess Gia.

Adam: Sorry about the lateness. When your boss calls, you have to answer the phone more often than not, you know?

Gia: Always a pleasure to have you on the show, Adam. Is the content of that call going to be one of the topics we’re covering today? Or do we have to wait and see what happens?

Adam: It may just actually. I know you just spoke about Vivi and Mara, so I’d like to add something to that. I’m very proud of both of those ladies, and what they have done and with Mara as champion..continue to do to raise the awareness and prestige of the title and this brand. I already congratulated Mara privately, but I’ll do it here. As for the tag titles, Jake is right. The Experience and the Dragons are two of the best teams I’ve seen, and they showed me things I haven’t seen before. I promise the Experience will be back for the titles, and I’d wager Su and Jenny expect nothing less.

Gia: I can agree with that. When you have competitors like these, they’re going to remain around one another’s orbits for as long as they’re in the same company. But the Experience aren’t the only team chasing those titles, and I’m sure we’ll see teams like The Matriarchy, Trinity, and the Cortez Sisters finding their way to challenge the Dragons before long.

Jake: We also tried to settle some grudges in Japan, time will tell if it worked. Sydney Christensen defeated Cassie Mason in what turned out to be a No Disqualification match that went all throughout the arena, and did serious damage to each other and a glass window.

Adam: Well we can thank Gia for that, can’t we? Kidding. Yeah, both of those ladies are going to be nursing some wounds for a while, especially Cassie. She was cut in various places all over her body, due to Sydney. I’ll be giving them both a little time to heal up before you see them back in the ring.

Gia: Listen, with Sydney’s propensity for making use of that bat in matches, it made sense to have it be no disqualifications. That way there would be a definitive ending, one way or another. They absolutely went to war with one another, and I think they both have earned their time off. But while they were the most… violent match of the night, we also had another feud settled when Katie Hanley defeated Luna Cortez in a Global Wars rematch.

Jake: I saw Katie coming through the curtain after the match, and she was still pretty angry because Luna tried to fake an injury to get the win. I don’t know if she feels like she got her whole pound of flesh yet.

Adam: Well I didn’t talk to Katie that night, but I certainly heard from Luna. She’s wanting round three, so we’ll see about that. I don’t have a definite time set for it at this point, but Luna did not take that loss very well. When you call yourself a mastermind and all, getting pinned tends to burst your bubble, I guess.

Gia: Maybe next time she should listen for the bell too, instead of celebrating a victory she hasn’t actually gotten yet. But while the bad blood may continue, I’m proud of Katie for getting that win back. The inaugural Nova Champion seems like she’s getting back on track, and I hope she can continue this forward momentum.

Jake: I have faith in her. In what many might class as the upset of the evening, Jacqui Minogue scored a win over Lowri Moss. I can’t speak for you two, but I certainly didn’t see that coming. I figured Lowri had it, but Jacqui’s pretty wily and got the win after all.

Gia: Neither did I, to be honest. And now we’ll never hear the end of it. But even if this is the last we see of Lowri Moss in a Future Shock ring, she was a fabulous guest and has nothing to be ashamed of in the way she competed here. It was a great match, and it should give Jacqui’s future opponents something to think about when they watch it back.

Adam: We may see Lowri again, there’s no plan in place right now. But she and I have a good working relationship. So anything’s possible. I’m kinda glad you left the Nova title match for last. That was my favorite match of the show, I’ll be honest with you. And judging by what I read online from fans and was told personally, it was one of the best matches we’ve had. Mikayla and Arabella are two women I can build this whole brand around, and that match proved to me I picked two of the best. I’m very proud of those two, and couldn’t think more highly of them.

Jake: Mikayla managed to pull out the win, but it was clear to me Arabella learned a lot from their first match and did everything she could to keep Mikayla from flying around the ring. Both had excellent strategies, and I never sat on a fence more in my life because I didn’t know who to cheer for.

Gia: Just do what I did and cheer for both! It was a similar situation to Vivi and Mara - there’s a lot of respect and good feeling between these two, so you really can’t go wrong. Mikayla is a very determined champion, and Arabella gave it her all once again in this challenge. I’m sure this won’t be the last time we see Arabella in title contention though - she’s got a bright future ahead of her, regardless of what happens.

Adam: I guarantee that. And I’ll probably get called a few things by Sydney for saying it, but them’s the breaks. Both girls shined in that match, and like I said, that’s two cornerstones anyone would be thrilled to have on their roster. And I certainly am.

Gia: Sydney does a lot of talking for someone who’s taken a loss to both these women. But anyway, I think that about wraps up the action from Saitama. Anything else we should touch on before we start talking about the next show?

Jake: Just that if you haven’t watched it yet, get FFW All Access and see it for yourself. It’s well worth the subscription price alone, not to mention with everything else you get. But now after that trip, the girls are returning to Boston on June 30th. And we already know what the main event will be, don’t we?

Gia: Gemma Pierce’s quest for five defenses could be made or broken in this match against the winner of the Future Shock Cup, Cait Flanagan. I personally think Cait and Kyle ought to be careful in this match, because Gemma doesn’t seem like the kind of woman who’ll stand for their usual shenanigans. Not that Cait isn’t a skilled competitor in her own right, because she is, but she’s made no secret that she enjoys having her manager around for a bit of extra insurance. Personally I want to see Gemma make history and be the first person to get in the five defenses of the Aspire Championship, but I know Cait and Kyle will be doing everything in their power to stop her in her tracks.

Jake: Well Cait and Kyle said at the Summit that she was screwed. Now that could mean it’s because Cait’s smarter...or because they have a plan to screw her out of the title. Or both! But the thing about that is you have to remember when Gemma faced Victoria. Well she had to deal with Sienna too that night, and Sienna’s a lot more formidable than Kyle is. So this could be a case of poking the bear for Cait.

Adam: I don’t think she’d blink at knocking him on his ass if he got involved personally. I even asked her a couple days after the show if she wanted me to take any kind of preventative measures just in case. She didn’t. She wanted to handle it herself. So I’ll respect her wishes. Gemma is laser focused on doing what no one has ever done, complete all five defenses. If she does, that’s history by itself. If she doesn’t, well we have our first Diamond Champion.

An assistant hands the new Diamond Championship to Adam, as he shows it to the co-hosts.

Adam: What do you guys think of it?

Gia: Oh it’s gorgeous! So what happens if Gemma does complete her five defenses? How will our first Diamond Champion be crowned?

Adam: That’s actually what I was discussing with Samantha a few minutes ago. It’s what she was asking me. Obviously if Cait wins, this is her prize and she’ll be the first Diamond Champion. But if Gemma retains the Aspire, that means we’ll have to crown a new Diamond Champion in another way.And that will be in a 4 woman tournament. Three matches, the winner of the first two meet in the last. Who they will be will be determined after this show. So I’ll have more news on that if and when I need to start naming women for it. And that’s what I told Samantha.

Gia: Interesting! I can’t wait to see how this main event plays out, with both the final Aspire Champion and the potential first ever Diamond Champion in the match. What else have we got in store for next Tuesday?

Jake: Well we were talking about Luna earlier, and she’ll have a chance to see about trying to outsmart her next opponent. But this one has loads of experience, years and years worth.

Jake: Carys McFarlane is back in action now that she feels like she has the Matriarchy behind her. She just goes from one problem to another though, because Luna is a whole other kettle of fish.

Gia: Both of them are going to have to be as sharp as they’ve ever been for this match - Carys, because Luna likes to play mind games in order to give herself the edge, and Luna because Carys is not only faster than the speed of light, but also because she’s a veteran who’s been around this business since she was a child. I give the edge to Carys here because of all her experience in the ring, but I’m certainly not about to count Luna out, not when we’ve seen her pull off some very impressive wins in her Future Shock career. Plus, Luna will be looking to pick up her momentum after losing to Katie Hanley in Saitama, so I hope Carys is prepared for some extra aggression from Luna as a result.

Adam: Luna wants the Nova title returned to this day, but Carys wants to get into the conversation about getting a shot at it too. The Nova division is extremely crowded at the moment, so every match in it means a lot.

Jake: Now that you bring it up, who is next in line to challenge for the Nova Championship?

Adam: Right now, there’s two I have penciled in. Sydney will get a shot after she’s had time to heal up, but I also can’t ignore Jacqui’s win. So the very next defense will be Mikayla meeting Jacqui Minogue. And that’ll be the main event of the Future Shock after the one we’re talking about now.

Gia: I know Mikayla’s going to be ready for this. There’s a lot of history between the Stone Sisters and the Matriarchy, so it’ll be interesting to see how that comes into play during Mikayla’s next title defense!

Jake: Speaking of the Stone sisters, we’ll see another member of the family on the next show.

Adam: You’re going to be seeing more of all of them. I know Mikayla gets the lion’s share of attention because of where she is, but all three of them are very talented ladies.

Gia: What a way to kick off the show! Madyson and Leighana are two incredibly talented competitors, and I have to wonder if Madyson is going to be looking to separate herself from the pack the way Mikayla has done? If so, this is a perfect opportunity for her, against someone who started off her Future Shock career by going into business for herself at the expense of her family.

Adam: No doubt. And in Leighana’s case, I want to let her know that she’s gonna end up getting what she wants. I haven’t set a date for it yet, but she’s been calling Arabella out for weeks now. And Arabella’s not one to back down, so she’s gonna get her wish granted in the very near future.

Jake: She’s been calling her out since almost day one of showing up. I don’t know what her issue with her is though.

Gia: Your guess is as good as any of ours, Jake. Arabella had an absolutely incredible rookie run, capping it off with her Nova Championship win in Sheffield. Maybe it’s jealousy on Leighana’s part?

Adam: I could be wrong, but my guess is she sees Arabella like a golden goose. She wants to be the Nova Champion too, and she may think going through Arabella will get her to the front of the line faster. And not to put a target on her back, but a win over Arabella does carry some weight with me. So I think she may just see her as a launching pad to Mikayla.

Gia: Also a good theory. In any case, we have another jam-packed show coming to you live from Boston on June 30th!

Adam: That’s true. Two more events in Boston, then we have the pool party on board the SS Norwegian Sky setting sail out of Miami at the end of July. I expect both of you to come aboard for that, and who knows! Princess Gia might get to get involved in some of the challenges planned for the cruise. What do you think?

Gia: Are you kidding? Of course I’ll be there! And I’m ready for any and all challenges that might be presented to me!

Adam: Well since it’s going to include both FFW & Future Shock, it might be a team challenge. You think you can handle that, Jake?

Jake: Sure! I’d be happy to join forces with Gia for….whatever comes up. I think we could be great together doing almost anything.

Gia: I agree! We’re gonna be a great team, no matter what happens.

Adam: Well I’ll keep that in mind. But that’s next month, and we still gotta get through June 30th. What do you two think? New Diamond Champion crowned or Gemma makes history with the Aspire?

Jake: It’s hard to bet against a sitting champion. So I think Gemma might pull it off, no one’s gotten any closer. So I think it may require a small army to stop her. What about you, Gia?

Gia: I’m with you, Jake. I certainly wouldn’t bet against Gemma Pierce, not when she’s worked so hard and so long to get to this point.

Jake: There you have it! Future Shock heads home to Boston on the 30th with history being made one way or another in the main event. Either Gemma will complete the five mandatory defenses of the Aspire Championship before it’s retired or Cait Flanagan will become the first ever Diamond Champion in Future Shock history! Make sure you tune in for that, and Madyson vs. Leighana as well as Carys vs. Luna. That’ll do it for us, and we’ll see you in Boston!

The hosts do their royal wave together as After Shock fades off to black.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: