Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 29, 2024, 03:44:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

FFW Future Shock - Episode 80

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFW Future Shock - Episode 80  (Read 203 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: June 30, 2020, 01:04:48 pm »

Live from the Future Shock Arena in Boston, Massachusetts
June 30, 2020

A FFW logo is shown stuck on a travel bag as it’s being pulled through the airport. “Leave It All Behind” by Sleeping with Sirens can be heard playing over it. The bag belongs to Arabella Townshend as she heads towards her gate before she gets stopped by a mother and her daughter for an autograph. As she leans down to take a selfie with the little girl, one of the monitors hanging is showing clips from Future Shock.

When you look at my life, tell me what do you see?
I’m only human, so don’t expect too much from me.
I lost my faith, what have I become?
I don't think I can be safe from what I'm running for

The clips feature: Mara Werth getting to her feet and having her hand raised with the Future Shock Championship over her head, Jacqui Minogue hitting her finisher in Saitama, Anna and Luna Cortez bumping fists and heading towards the ring, Su Wakuda reaching for a tag from Jennifer Song, and Gemma Pierce looking at her reflection, and Leighana sitting up as she looks over to an opponent face down on the floor.

Will you remember me
If I were to fall into the sky?
And what will they think of me
If I leave it all behind?
When I leave it all behind?

Arabella continues through the airport, and takes a seat in her terminal. She checks her cell phone to see her itinerary, and gets tapped on the shoulder by another fan who wants a hug. This puts a grin on her face as she returns it, and they show her videos on their phone of her and several of the Prospects.

Would you be so surprised if I gave up tonight?
I'm barely breathing, I wanna kill the pain I feel inside
But I won't quit for the people I love
So I'll say I'm fine until the day I fucking see the light

The clips show: Cait Flanagan coming to the ring and throwing money over her shoulder, Alessandra and Nadia sitting on adjacent turnbuckles and flashing a smile to one another, Sydney Christensen delivering a tombstone piledriver, the Stone Sisters greeting the ringside fans as they head towards the ring, and Laurie ignoring Jane as she speaks with Sara backstage.

If you feel like you are nothing
If you feel like letting go
I'll be your hope when you are hopeless
Together, we are not alone
You're not alone

The doors open as Arabella heads through the gate to board her flight. And as the door with the Future Shock lightning logo seals shut behind her, we go live inside the arena to a roaring crowd. The camera pans the interior with a new stage design, and spotlights flooding the crowd as they see themselves on the video wall. We then cut ringside with Zack and his broadcast partner, Claire.

Zack: With a historic night behind us in Saitama, Japan, we welcome you back to Boston, Massachusetts! Welcome back to the Future Shock Arena, where tonight the dust continues to settle from the Saitama Summit and we’ll have the final defense of the Aspire Championship in our main event. History will be made one way or another in that match.

Claire: It sure will Zack. Either Gemma will be the first and only woman to ever make it to five defences of the Aspire Championship or Cait Flannagan - coming off the back of a huge win in the Future Shock Cup Final - will become the first ever Diamond Champion. 

Zack: Also tonight, a very grumpy Luna Cortez will meet Carys McFarlane. Luna tried to steal the win in Saitama against Katie Hanley, and it backfired spectacularly on the self-professed mastermind. But Carys will pose a whole other set of problems for her tonight.

Claire:  Nothing was settled despite Katie trying to kick Luna’s head into the upper tiers. Cortez though has to put that to one side tonight because Carys is one of the most talented, most dangerous and most experienced wrestlers to have ever stepped foot in Future Shock. This could be a very long night for Luna. 

Zack: I’m also told we have some footage from Elkhorn, Montana, where river Campbell is today after DOC issued a challenge to Sydney Christensen for a match there. The problem is Sydney is in Boston tonight, so that match in Elkhorn isn’t going to happen. Plus we don’t have a scheduled show there, but we’ll hear from River and DOC live from Elkhorn tonight!

Claire: History made again there, Zack. For the first time ever on national - international even - TV, we’re going to go live to Elkhorn. I’m pretty sure that even our viewers in Montana are googling to find out where Elkhorn is. DOC certainly has River visiting some very unusual places doesn’t he?

Zack: Definitely. We spoke of Carys, but her cousin is also on the show tonight. Madyson Stone will look to teach a lesson in family loyalty when she meets Leighana one on one. Who do you like in that one? 

Claire: It’s two wrestlers looking to bounce back in a big way there Zack. Last time we saw Madyson was with Melody in a losing effort to the Cortez Sisters while Leighana faltered in a match against River after a really bright start. Stone’s going to have to be on her toes and ready for Leighana to be even more vicious, violent and relentless than she was against Ashley Slayton. 

Zack: Also tonight, Raven Knight is here in Boston. A few weeks ago, she made history as the first woman to transition from FFW to Future Shock. It usually goes the other way around, and we’ll be hearing from her. There’s no Ultraviolence division here, so I’m curious what drew her. 

Claire: We know how much Raven loves to fight and doesn’t necessarily care where she does it...so long as she gets paid. Either way I’m sure she’ll make an impact here in Future Shock and prove she can be a lot more than just an Ultraviolence stalwart.

Zack: All that and no telling what else is in store. Buckle up, because we’re about to send it to the ring for our opening match.

The view changes to ringside, where Lexi is teasing the crowd with a couple angles as she leans around in a tight dress before she begins to speak.

Lexi: The opening contest of Future Shock is scheduled for one fall to a finish.

The lights go out completely as sisters are doing it for themselves starts to play. A lightning effect of white and blue pyrotechnics erupt, lighting up the stage for a second at a time. In each of the flashes the silhouette of three female figures standing in a line on the stage.

We said, "Sisters are doin' it for themselves"
Standin' on their own two feet
And ringin' on their own bells
We said, "Sisters are doin' it for themselves"

The pyrotechnics finish and as the lights come back up a sound like thunder plays on top of the music track and a puff of smoke comes from the bottom of the stage, still hiding the female figures for a moment. The smoke clears to reveal the three Stone sisters; Melody, Madyson and Mikayla standing hand in hand with their heads raised, looking towards the ceiling.

Now this is a song to celebrate
The conscious liberation of the female state
Mothers, daughters and their daughters too, oh yeah
Woman to woman, we're singin' with you

Lexi: Introducing alongside Melody and Mikayla of Trinity, this is…...MADYSON STONE!!

They unlink their hands and take off to the ring at a run and all jump up onto the apron at the same time. Melody and Madyson stand at a corner each, while Mikayla jumps up to sit on the top rope; all facing out towards the crowd. The two older sisters climb through the ropes while Mikayla stands up on the top rope and then backflips into the ring to land between them with a smirk. The three make their way to the corner and share some hushed words as the music comes to an end.

Zack: When you see one Stone sister, the other two are not far behind at all. Madyson has some anger to get out of her system with how the tag match went with the Cortez girls. And she’s got someone who can be as aggressive as anyone you can name about to meet her.

Claire: These three are as tight as any tag team and any sisters that I’ve ever seen. We’ve seen that Madyson is a really talented and resilient competitor and one heck of a wrestler who won’t back down. She’s going to need all of those talents tonight against Leighana if she’s to pick up the victory.

Little Big Town’s “Tornado” comes out through the speakers. As the lyrics hit, Leighana stes through the curtains, a smile on her face and a leather jacket over her ring gear. Beside her is Christian Kincaid, who places a hand on her shoulder with a smile. The two then head down the ramp, where at the bottom, the blonde woman takes towards the ring, sliding on her stomach through the ropes.

Lexi: And her opponent, from Atlanta, Georgia, please welcome LEIGHANA!

Leighana reaches her feet and heads for a corner, where she jumps high and perches herself on the top ropes, looking out around her before jumping again, turning and landing on the middle buckle, and sits on the top buckle as the music fades out. Christian hops the apron and the two share words. It’s clear she looks a little irritated as she listens to her manager and stares across at Madyson, who is talking with her sisters.

Zack: Leighana’s made a point of calling Arabella Townshend recently, seemingly in hopes of getting a Nova title shot! But as we saw in Saitama, she didn’t--LOOK OUT!!

Leighana charged the corner as the witches warned Madyson, but it was too late before the blonde blindsided her with a forearm to the back of her head. She fired off several more before grabbing a handful of her hair, and slamming her face into the top turnbuckle repeatedly. Then she took two handfuls of hair, and tossed her out of the corner with a hair mare before referee Melinda Davis got on her case about it. The blonde tried to get around her as the referee asked Madyson if she was good to continue. But she didn’t get the chance to answer before Leighana clobbered her with a running knee to the side of her head. The referee yelled at her again, and told her to stay back as Stone was trying to get back to her feet. 

Claire: Leighana’s not waiting for the bell as she takes the fight to Madyson and tries to work out whatever irritation and annoyance has built up over the last few weeks since meeting River Campbell.

Zack: It’s clear to see she wasn’t happy about that momentum being washed away, and Madyson’s catching the aftermath. I thought she was angry with her manager at first, and I was clearly wrong.

She finally made it, and had a look of anger on her face before telling the referee to ring the bell. That’s exactly what Davis did before Leighana charged her again with a shoulder block that sent her backwards a couple steps. Stone’s anger was plain to see as she and Leighana stormed towards each other, and the right hands began to fly between them. The brunette was getting the better of the exchange until a rake of the eyes stopped that cold. Leighana pressed Madyson’s face against her knee before stomping the mat. It dropped the witch to her knees before Leighana used a standing sidekick to her ear to put her down on the mat. 

Zack: Leighana is proving us right in everything we said about her, Claire. She’s ruthless and is showing Madyson what a massive difference it is between her and her cousin, who we’ll see a bit later.

Claire: Leighana isn’t giving the witch any opportunity at all to get her bearings of really build any offence here. This is going to be a real test for Madyson who, right now, looks like she’s got no option but to weather the storm and hope Leighana tires herself out.

The blonde grabbed her arms behind her to pull her up before stomping away at the back of her head repeatedly. She finally let her collapse back to the mat before standing on her hair and pulling her up by the arms. Davis got to a four count before she let her drop, only to pull her up yet again for another four count followed by a knee drop to the head.

Claire: This is the Leighana we saw against Ashley Slayton. Just vicious and violent and relentless. Almost as though she’s looking to embarrass her opponent at the same time as trying to beat her. 

Zack: She’s working off some serious aggression, and seems to be enjoying herself in the process. She doesn’t have a whole lot of love for much anyone in Future Shock, does she?

The blonde’s face still showed her irritation before she pulled Madyson back to her feet. She hooked her head for what looked like a vertical suplex, but the witch surprised her by driving her backwards into the corner instead. She immediately broke free of the blonde’s grip before standing up, and unloading with furious right hands to her head. That brought the Boston crowd to life before she whipped her across to the far corner. Leighana struck chest first, and stumbled backwards into a running Madyson, who connected with a codebreaker. 

Zack: Now she’s got things starting to work for her! Stone is a little bit quicker than Leighana, I think. And that’s something she can work to her advantage...like right there!

Claire: Madyson has got the upperhand and she’s got to keep hold of it. She has to take a page out of Mikalya’s playbook and try to blow Leighana out of the water. Not give her any chance to try and get back into this contest.

It didn’t keep her down long though, and Madyson was already on the move when she was getting back to her feet. The witch bounced off the near side, and left her feet for a meteora knee strike to the chest that took her down once more. The referee nearly started to count a pin until Madyson began hammering right hands into Leighana’s head before rolling back to her feet. She took off for the far side, and rebounded into a rising Leighana with a leg lariat that took her down again. A split-legged leg drop landed across her chest before she hooked the outside leg for the cover. 

Zack: What flexibility! And she’s ready to put Leighana down two losses in a row.

ONE!!

TWO!

As the two struck, Leighana shoved her off the cover and immediately rolled towards the ropes to get away from her. The brunette got to her feet to go after her till the referee intercepted her since her opponent was under the bottom rope. 

Claire: You’ve got to hand it to Leighana there. Excellent ring positioning to roll to the ropes and interrupt her foe’s rhythm and momentum. Madyson has to keep her head and be ready to re-assert her advantage when she gets the chance.

The blonde bombshell dropped to the floor before Madyson went for a baseball slide into her chest. But Leighana pulled the ring apron out and let her slide behind that instead. Now stuck between it and the ring, Madyson quickly tried to free herself until Leighana darted down the apron with a guillotine leg drop across the back of her head. It snapped her up and over the apron to the floor, while Leighana admired what she’d done and got a few words of advice from her manager. 

Claire: Leighana caught her coming and made Madyson pay right there. That’s the experience edge that Leighana’s got having been around this business for so long.

Zack: Veteran instincts on display, and now it seems like she’s shifting into phase two of whatever strategy she and Christian laid out.

A few stomps to Madyson’s body followed before she tossed her back into the ring. The bombshell followed after her by sliding under the bottom rope. When Stone was beginning to rise, Leighana grabbed her into a rear waistlock that seemed like she was going for a suplex. But Madyson grabbed the top rope with both hands. Leighana tried to break her grip, but instead the witch ducked her head and dove between the ropes to let the top one catch her across the chest. That broke the blonde’s grip and sent her backwards a couple steps before Madyson ducked down and back up to deliver a flapjack. 

Zack: We said these two were likely to be aggressive, and they are delivering on that. You’d think they have been having issues with one another for weeks rather than both looking to burn off some steam. 

Claire: We’re seeing just how important momentum can be in the long run, Zack. Both of these women are coming into this match on the backs of defeats. both badly want to right the ship and start building themselves up - be it the Nova Championship in their sights or the Future Shock Tag Titles. 

Leighana started to get to her feet before Madyson circled around behind her, and applied a cobra clutch submission. The brunette tried to get her down to her knees as Christian shouted advice to her from the floor. Leighana wasn’t going down easily though as she tried to grab the ropes. Not able to pull her down that way, Madyson hopped onto her back  and wrapped her legs around her waist. Leighana stumbled a little before she finally collapsed to the canvas, causing the referee to check for a submission. Christian moved around to the side of the ring closest to his client, and was steadily giving her advice. 

Claire: Madyson looks like she has this locked in tightly, if maybe not perfectly positioned. It’ll still help the Stone Sister take some of the starch out of Leighana.

Zack: You can see Leighana’s instincts immediately take over and start trying to find the ropes. And it’s helpful her manager is right there too.

Leighana reached out for her manager, but he and the ropes were too far away. The referee asked her again if she wanted to stop the match, and Davis was given clear notice that she didn’t. Madyson locked her ankles, still with her legs around Leighana’s body as the cobra clutch remained tightly applied. The blonde did manage to roll to her side though, but her movements were beginning to falter. Her legs dropped akimbo until one of them was under the bottom rope...by a toe! Christian immediately pointed it out to the referee, who called for a break. Madyson gave just that, and started back to her feet with the Boston crowd behind her. 

Zack: You want to talk about inches? Literally only the toe of Leighana’s boot is under that rope, Claire. But it was enough to get her the break, though the outcome may be inevitable at this point. She’s spent!

Claire: This sport is one of fine, fine margins Zack and Leighana caught a break there. If I’m Madyson I’d look to pull her back to the middle of the ring and lock that sleeper hold back in again.

Leighana began to stir as her senses started coming back to her. She was languid as she got to her feet, and stumbled a little in the process. Madyson went in for the kill as she hooked both of her arms into position for her version of the Unprettier. 

Zack: Looks to me like Madyson’s ready to get the pin! Leighana’s on wobbly leg street!

Leighana didn’t offer much resistance before Stone drove her face first into the canvas with her finisher. She rolled her onto her back, and hooked the outside leg for the cover before Davis slid into position. 

Zack: A little bit of BLACK MAGIC!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Davis called for the bell as Madyson rolled off the cover. She sat up and slumped over, trying to get her wind back while the official raised her hand.

Claire: SHE DID IT!!! Mady took the best that Leighana could throw at her, weathered the early storm and managed to take the stuffing out of her! 

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall………………...MADYSON STONE!!

Her sisters joined her in the ring to congratulate her as she got back to her feet. She nodded her head as she heard Lexi’s official announcement, and a smile started to form on her face as the crowd showed their support.

Zack: Madyson took everything Leighana had to dish out, and found a way to overcome in the end. Now she can start building up that momentum we talked about, which her baby sister currently has in abundance. 

Claire: It’s a big win over one of the most talked about talents in Future Shock. Leighana showed that she was every bit as vicious as we’ve come to expect, but it wasn’t quite enough to put away Madyson tonight and this could kickstart the Stone Sisters rise to face the Raging Dragons!

The trio headed to the ramp before Melody and Mikayla gave their sister a hug as the show went to a commercial break.

Quoth The Raven

The show cuts elsewhere far outside the arena as a familiar voice to some begins speaking as we look at the exterior of a local fire department.

Voice: Welcome to the Boston Fire Department, Engine 33 Ladder 15. It’s not all that far from the Future Shock Arena, but there’s a very good reason you’re looking at this particular location. I’d like to introduce all of Future Shock to the first woman ever to make the transition from FFW to Future Shock. Usually goes in the other direction, but what can I say? She’s a pretty unique girl, though I’m biased.

The camera spins around to show who this familiar male voice is talking about, and finds Raven Knight. 

Voice: I know a pretty good bit about Future Shock, and whoo boy, they are in for a hell of a ride now! 

Raven: I’ve never been one to follow the herd so why the hell would I do things the same way that everyone else does? The world on her sister has done the whole going from Future Shock to FFW thing… that’s boring now. 

Voice: It’s like a whole other world, to be honest. Raven here has spent a couple years easy torturing and taking apart the women on the FFW roster. But Future Shock? A whole new world to plunder with nothing but new faces to rearrange. Even the rosters are about the same size! Only difference is a lot of girls around here who have never met or faced anyone like Raven. But that’s changing real quick. 

Raven: Anyway… if those Impact specials are anything to go by the Future Shock roster are the ones to beat anyway, and man am I gonna have fun doing it. I would advise you all to look me up… but actually, don’t. The looks of surprise will be so much more fun for me. 

Voice: And guess what, babe? I already got you your first victim in a couple weeks before that pool party shindig. I ….kinda wanna go on that too, to be honest. But next Future Shock, it’s you and Shelbi Lynn Carter, 2020’s Most Promising Prospect. 

Raven gives out a cold laugh. 

Raven: Most Promising Prospect, huh? I wonder how promising she’ll be when I get finished with her? 

Voice: Well she did win that award a few weeks ago. But I mean one of them won an award for doing absolutely nothing in her debut, so… Either way, she seems proud of it. 

Raven: Simple things amuse the simple I guess. Awards don’t mean shit, except that your face fits… I’d rather just carry on putting my fist in other people’s faces to be honest. 

Voice: Well that starts in a couple weeks on the next Future Shock. And despite this firehouse being not too far from the arena, Shelbi nor anyone else is gonna be able to extinguish all the fun Raven here is going to be having. 

Raven reaches her hand in front of her and when she pulls it back she’s holding the phone that’s been filming and spins it around to reveal the face behind the male voice… Andy Marx, right before she moves forward and kisses him passionately, letting the camera show it all. The show cuts to commercial on that visual. 

Live from Elkhorn

The next shot takes us to ringside, and there we find Zack and Claire in the booth. He looks towards his broadcast partner with a smile, and then to the camera. 

Zack: Folks, we’re about to go live via satellite here to Elkhorn, Montana. For those who watched the Saitama Summit, you saw DOC say he was going to have River face Sydney Christensen there tonight. Claire, I can confirm that won’t happen because she’s here in Boston.

Claire: We saw that River was happy to face Sydney...but even she was sceptical about the chance of it happening in Elkhorn. If nothing else, it’ll be interesting to hear what she and DOC have to say from...the bustling metropolis that is... Elkhorn.

The show then cuts to split screen for the viewers at home, and we find a dusk setting outside a ramshackle barn in Elkhorn, Montana. Standing in front of that barn is DOC, a man in a referee’s outfit, and also River Campbell. 

Zack: We’d like to thank the KTGF affiliate for making this possible. DOC, can you hear us?

DOC: No doubt! DOC is a man of his word. I got River here in scenic Elkhorn, and there’s a ring set up in the barn behind us. This man right here is Joel, who I hired to referee tonight’s match. 

Zack: There’s not going to be a match, DOC. Sydney is in Boston here at the Future Shock Arena tonight. There’s no Future Shock shows planned to be in Elkhorn. 

DOC glanced over to River as Joel shook his head. 

DOC: You hear that, River? DOC went to great expense to come to the metropolis of Elkhorn and Sydney didn’t even bother showing up! You know, hiring referees ain’t cheap and neither is airfare. 

River: I guess she didn’t get the memo. Or maybe she couldn’t find Elkhorn on the map...I think even Joel would agree that calling this place a bustling metropolis is being generous to the point of delusional. I’m not sure the one man and his dog that live here would be that interested in having it on the map. Calling it a two horse town is giving two horses more than it has. You could be looking out for this place and still drive right through it without noticing. I don’t blame Sydney for staying in Boston, Elkhorn must be the only settlement in the US that doesn’t have a Starbucks.

DOC: I’ll tell you what we are going to do. Next Future Shock, River and I and Joel are all going to try this again. We’ll be in Peck, Idaho. I’ll have the referee and the ring set up, and we’ll make this thing happen...if she bothers to show up.

Zack: I hate to break it to you, but Sydney is already booked for the next Future Shock...in Boston. So I don’t think she’ll be going to where was it… oh yeah, Peck, Idaho.

DOC: Wait and see! Sydney isn’t the kind of woman to turn down a challenge. So we’ll see where she is in 2 weeks, haha! Over there in a ghost town like Boston or Peck, Idaho. 

River took a deep breath.

River: Yeah….in Boston with it’s banks and arenas, it’s gyms and its population of a couple of million people and the sold out Future Shock Arena. Or in Peck, Idaho. If it’s anything like Elkhorn...well I think the ring is the only thing that’s been built in this town in the last fifty years. DOC, wouldn’t it just be better to go to Boston...where the show is? Get this whole thing okayed and agreed to by Adam and just have the match where the TV cameras and the fans are, where an international audience can see me kick her ass, rather than in front of one family in Peck, Idaho?

DOC: I’m trying to widen the scope of Future Shock, River! Expand its fanbase and market share! Besides I already talked with someone in FFW about this, and they gave it the green light. Name’s Jim, and he’s a production assistant in FFW. Said he’d go to bat for us. 

River: Jim the production assistant is going to bat for us...I’m sure Adam and Samantha will just jump at the chance to listen to Jim’s advice. And I think Future Shock is doing okay in growing it’s fanbase and market share, DOC. After all they just visited Saitama for the first time ever...and sold out the Super Arena. They visited Sheffield, England earlier in the year...and sold out the FlyDSA Arena in a matter of minutes and I’m fairly certain the people of Peck, Idaho can watch Future Shock whenever they want by signing up to FFW All Access for just $9.99 a month.

Zack: She’s already got an opponent scheduled in a couple weeks, DOC. I’m afraid your plan isn’t going to work here. I’d suggest bringing River to Boston for the show if you want to see about getting a match made. Because after that, we’re going to the annual pool party aboard the SS Norwegian Sky on the next show after that.

DOC: We will be skipping that show. DOC gets seasick. I’m gonna get this match made one way or another, and if it’s not soon, I’m gonna bill Knox for all the travel costs. 

River: What do you mean we’re skipping the Pool Party?!? River don’t get seasick. River wants a chance to put on her bikini and soak up a couple of rays. I look like Casper...like a glass of milk here. Look, how about I go to the SS Norwegian Sky? I can talk to Adam and to Knox and see if I can’t work something out using all the negotiating skills I’ve picked up watching you in action close up. I think that would be an excellent use of my time. And while I’m doing that, you could set up a couple more tour dates in places like Nowhere, Ohio and Tiny Town, North Dakota...how’s that sound?

DOC: Leave the business to me. Don’t worry about the pool party. 

Zack: Are you sure? You can get the match made probably in a couple weeks if you come to Boston. And we’re gonna set sail from Miami a couple weeks after that. I think it sounds like a hell of a match, but it’s not likely to happen in Peck, Idaho. I doubt Jim has booking power.

Claire: And the Pool Party is going to be one Hell of a show and a great chance for you to kickback, relax and get a little bit of a reward for all the work that you’ve done. Plus, DOC, you can always take something for the seasickness and could hash out all those travel costs you want reimbursing with Knox. Sounds like River really wants it...wouldn’t hurt to keep your client happy would it?

River: They’re talking a lot of sense DOC. Think it’s definitely worth listening to them.

Zack: You guys can sort that out. We got a show going on here in Boston, so we need to get back to that. Thanks for checking in though.

The broadcasters shake their head at the situation before we head back to the ring for the next match. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 10:24:43 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 01:05:01 pm »

The show returned to the ring, and found Lexi once again standing front and center with her microphone in hand before she began.

Lexi: The following contest is scheduled for one fall to a finish.

Zack: During the break, fans, I was informed that on the next Future Shock, we’re going to have another title match in the main event! Mikayla Stone’s Nova Championship will be up for grabs when she meets Jacqui Minogue.

Claire: That’s a huge main event for the next Future Shock and Jacqui has definitely shown that she is more than a handful for anyone on her night. We shouldn’t forget that the Australian has picked up wins over Harley Shannon and Lowri Moss since her arrival. But Mikayla...she’s a special talent and Minogue will have to bring her A game to compete against her.

His frost performed its art
And it has stained my tainted heart
Just leave me to my solitude
It's where I feel at home
Since that cold night
When my love cried

The synths give way to the heavier beats of Delain’s “Suckerpunch”, which brings a cheer from the crowd as the lights turn all colours of the rainbow. From the back steps Carys McFarlane. Stopping dead centre, she extends her arms out wide, spinning in a circle as pyro goes off around her.

Lexi: On her way to the ring, from Edinburgh, Scotland, weighing in at 130 pounds, please welcome “THE HUMAN PINBALL”, CARYS MCFARLANE!!

With the announcement out of the way, the young blonde takes off down the ramp, slamming her hands against the apron and using it to vault herself into a handspring and then onto the top rope, straddling it.

"Would you fall, give it all
Would you give it all for me?
Suckerpunch the demons from my dreams
Would you fall, give it all
Would you give it all for me?"
Get out of my dreams!

She drops from the rope and heads to the corner, leaping onto the turnbuckle and shouting out towards the crowd, a huge grin on her face. She then takes to the top buckle and vaults backwards, landing on her feet from a backflip. Finally, she heads towards her best friend and ring announcer, Lexi, high fiving her before she settles in her corner

Zack: I can’t think of much anyone who has more experience on this roster than Carys McFarlane! She’s easily the fastest woman on the roster, and I think she’s gonna give Luna some fits before this is said and done.

Claire: Carys has been competing for longer than most anyone in FFW and has an awful lot of accolades and achievements on her CV. You can’t afford to rest on your laurels against her or take her lightly for a second because she has the ability to turn the tables and beat you out of nowhere.

Look out, they're closing in on you now
Wake up, or you’ll wake up six feet down
Nobody's got your back in this town
Knock 'em. In the. Teeth. NOW!

The intro to Set It Off's "Killer in the Mirror" starts on the sound system, and lights start blinking in random colors as Luna Cortez walks onto the entrance ramp. She's soon joined by her manager Christian Kincaid, as he stands right beside her to show her off for the crowd. She stops right before the ramp, taking a spin and stopping in a particular pose, winking for the cameras before turning on her heels and running her hands up her slender body and then bringing them above her head, only to then point to the ring... and then wave off the booing audience. Shaking her head, Luna then starts strutting down the entrance ramp, rolling her eyes at the fans in attendance as she makes her way to the ring.

Lexi: And her opponent, escorted to the ring by Christian Kincaid... From Fort Worth, Texas... LUNA CORTEZ!

When Luna climbs into the ring, she makes her way to the ropes facing the hard camera, stepping onto the second rope and sitting on the top rope, her back turned to the hard cam and the audience, as she makes a pose similar to the one she did atop the ramp, winking at the cameras before she waves the crowd off once again and hops back down to the ring, making her way to her corner and sharing some last minute strategy with Christian.

Zack: Second time tonight we’ve seen Christian out here, and I’m sure he’s got Luna as focused as possible. She’s giving up a lot of experience, not to mention speed. She calls herself a mastermind, and I think she’ll need that here.

Claire: Definitely. For her to be successful she’ll need to think on her feet and be prepared to switch up her strategy on the fly. Even then this could be an uphill struggle given everything that Carys has seen and experienced in this business in her storied career. After all, we saw how it backfired against someone with Katie Hanley’s experience in Saitama.

Referee Malcolm Parks checks both women for hidden objects, and calls for the bell after Lexi is out of the ring. And the first thing Luna does is head for the center and hold up her hand as she wanted a test of strength. Carys didn’t quite know how to take that as she cautiously moved forward, while Luna flexed her bicep for a second and extended her right hand into the air again. McFarlane glanced up to it as Luna continued encouraging her to do it.

Zack: Luna’s not exactly a powerhouse, Claire. Neither is Carys, for that matter. So I’m not entirely sure what this is going to prove for Luna. 

Claire: Well, I guess you could say that it might be an even contest with neither of them being powerhouses. Of course...she could be trying to outsmart Carys, which probably isn’t the smartest thing given the veteran has seen this a million and one times by now.

Carys starts to lift her hand up to take Luna up on the offer. Their hands lock as Luna raises her left hand, telling Carys to grab it. The veteran slowly starts to do that, their finger slocking just before Carys drops to her back and uses a monkey flip to send Luna to the mat. She flips over on top of her, pinning her arms to the mat as she still has her hands! Parks drops immediately to count!

Claire: Carys had Luna all figured out and we might be seeing one of the quickest matches in Future Shock history!!

ONE!!!!!

The two never made it before Luna forced her shoulder off the mat, causing Carys to pull up her knees to pin Cortez’s shoulders under them for another cover! The referee slides around to count again!

Zack: Carys was looking to break the record for the fastest win in Future Shock, and SHE MAY STILL!

ONE!!!

TW-NOO!!

Claire: Close. But Luna made damn sure she didn’t get too close to the three!!

Luna uses her legs to catch Carys in a sunset flip instead, causing the referee to move around again to make another cover!

Zack: Countered! Luna’s got her all rolled up now! 

ONE!!!

TW-NOO!!

Claire: Back and forth between these two but they’re just feeling each other out right now!

McFarlane boxes her ears using her legs to get free, and quickly rolls to her feet. Before Luna can get up, she eats a basement dropkick to the chest before Carys leaves her feet for a cannonball senton to her chest. She hammers a few right hands into the brunette’s head, and then quickly takes off for the ropes again. Luna barely made it back to her feet before Carys uses the middle rope for a springboard moonsault that wipes Cortez out, and another cover follows that!

Zack: This is what Luna has to avoid! Carys is getting plenty of air beneath her, and there’s another cover!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Luna shoved her off the cover, and tried to get back to her feet until Carys wrapped her up into a magistral cradle before Parks had to move around to make another count!

Zack: And again!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

TH-NOOO!!!

Luna popped her shoulder free in the nick of time, and immediately rolled to the outside. She pounded her fists on the mat before Christian moved around to her, trying to calm her down and give her some advice. 

Claire: The referee was having a hard time keeping up with Carys!! While Luna throws a temper tantrum on the outside, McFarlane can’t allow this to break up her momentum too much - it’s in Luna’s best interests to slow this one down as much as she can.

As the two discuss it, Carys rolls out around the corner and takes off. Christian warns his client before she turns around, ducking a running clothesline from the veteran. As soon as Luna stands up again though, Carys hops up onto the apron. She calls Luna’s name. And just as she turns around, McFarlane delivers a hurricanrana that snaps her over to the floor. The Boston crowd is very loud now as she hops back onto the apron again. McFarlane backs up to the post, and darts down the apron into a Fosbury flop onto Cortez!

Zack: Inside the ring or on the outside, it doesn’t matter to Carys! My goodness, she’s a human blur out here! Luna’s never faced anyone like this!

Claire: Carys has always turned that high octane offence up to 11 and she might have found another gear tonight. Luna has to find a way to slow her down.

Carys rolled back into the ring, and took off for the far side immediately. Luna was starting to get back to her feet after the veteran rebounded, flying over the top rope with a suicide dive that flattened her back to the floor again. The fans were even louder still as the “Human Pinball” hopped up onto the barricade, perching herself a few feet away from her opponent. As Cortez tried to rise again, Carys ran across the top of the barricade before leaping into a flying shoulder tackle to put the brunette down yet again. 

Claire: At this point, I think Luna’s best chance of mounting any offence at all is just to quit getting up. Stay down and try and lure Carys in. Heck, nothing else she’s tried so far has worked!!

Zack: I don’t know what Plan A, but it might be time to switch to B or C! Luna’s getting hit from every direction there is!

Cortez started crawling towards the post next as the referee was trying to get the match back in the ring. Carys smirked and hopped back onto the apron. She started running in place, waving for Luna to get up again. The crowd was solidly behind her as Cortez finally made it back to her feet just before Carys took off down the apron. She left her feet about ¾ of the way across, only to get snatched by Luna on the way down into a flapjack that sent Carys face and body first across the top ring step with a smack! McFarlane went limp as she laid across the top step, and Luna sat up to catch her breath. The veteran slid down the steps, and landed face down on the floor. 

Claire: I said Luna needed to slow Carys down and  that’ll do it in a real hurry. That was like a car crash, the way she just met that steel bodily.

Zack: It sounded like an egg hit the wall with the way Carys’ head and body landed against the steel. And she may be unconscious right now!

McFarlane didn’t budge an inch as Luna started to get up. Cortez rolled into the ring and back out to break the count before dragging Carys by her foot back towards the ring. She tried to pull her up, but it was like dead weight. Cortez sat her up instead, and scooped her over her shoulders before dumping her onto the apron and rolling her back into the ring. Parks knelt down to check on the veteran as Luna stepped through the ropes, and didn’t give him much of a chance before she delivered a leaping elbow drop to Carys’ chest. 

Zack: I’m not a medical expert, but I’m telling you Carys may be out cold right now! Luna was lifting dead weight right there just to get her back into the ring. McFarlane hasn’t moved an inch!

Claire: Carys hasn’t moved a muscle since she slid off the ring steps - someone needs to break out the smelling salts. Luna could cover her and Parks could count to thirty right now. 

The referee checked on Carys again before Luna shoved him away. She got back to her feet, and headed towards the corner to make her way to the top rope. She looked rather pleased with herself now as she came off with another elbow drop to Carys’ chest. The Boston crowd gave Luna no support whatsoever, only boos as she got back to her feet again. She used her foot to nudge Carys on the mat, trying to get her to move. When she didn’t, Luna grinned and started mocking her. 

Zack: Still no signs of movement from Carys, and the referee would be well within his rights to go ahead and stop this. Luna’s not interested in covering her, she wants to have fun at her expense instead. 

Claire: This is unnecessary and disrespectful right here. C’mon Carys...wake up and kick her ass all around Boston and back again!!

Luna climbed up onto the middle turnbuckle to raise her hands, clearly pleased with herself as Carys started to sit up. As soon as she did and saw where Luna was, she dropped back down again to the mat. Cortez hopped down to the mat and headed towards her as Christian tried to warn her. When she leaned down to grab her, Carys pulled her into a small package out of nowhere!

Zack: SHE WAS GOLDBRICKING! Luna knows all about that!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THR-NOO!!

Luna kicked out in time before the three, and was clearly angry. Carys sat up with her, and the two started exchanging right hands in a flurry as they sat next to each other. McFarlane broke the chain with an elbow to the top of her head. She got back to her feet, and was clearly still wobbly as Luna was starting to rise next.

Claire: That would’ve been brilliant, Zack!!! But McFarlane looks like she’s still a little out of it and she’s not going to be able to kick it up into high gear to run Cortez over again. At least not for a little while.

Carys was unsteady on her feet, but caught Luna coming forward with a mule kick to the stomach. She fired her into the far corner. Cortez hit back first as Carys made a short run towards her with a splash in mind. But Luna caught her coming in with a back elbow to the head that sent the veteran staggering until Luna used the ropes to deliver a disaster kick to her head. It dropped her like a rock before Cortez made the cover!

Zack: Carys still doesn’t have her bearings, and she may have even less than that after that kick! Luna’s ready to hit the showers!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NOPE!!

The blonde got her shoulder up in time, and Luna rolled over her head to drive elbows into it before she got back to her feet. A look of anger on her face followed before she pulled Carys to her feet. She whipped her across to the far side, and caught her on the rebound with a lungblower. 

Claire: Luna’s got herself in charge of this match in a big way!! You think she might have learned her lesson and not take Carys lightly any more?

It was clear Luna was much more serious now, and seemingly in a foul mood. She yanked her to her feet by her arm to fire kicks into her body. Cortez scooped her up over her shoulders, and dropped her with a Samoan driver! She got back to her feet, stomping away at her adversary before Carys rolled towards the ropes to get away from her. The veteran rose to a vertical base, and Luna darted towards her...but ran into a superkick that sent her down like a falling tree to the canvas. McFarlane leaned against the corner, holding the back of her head as she tried to pull herself together.

Claire: Just like that, Carys has got herself an opening and a couple of vital seconds to try and pull herself together!

Zack: She may have tried to fool Luna earlier, but that landing on the steps definitely took a toll on Carys. She’s gotta move fast though, and not give Luna a chance again.

Carys turned around, and headed for the top rope. She wasn’t steady on her feet though, and lost her footing halfway up. She adjusted, and started climbing again. She glanced between her legs to see where Luna was before using a split-legged corkscrew moonsault that landed almost perfectly. She grabbed both legs tightly into a hook before rolling across for the cover! 

Zack: Even at half speed, Carys is absolutely devastating with her offense! And Luna doesn’t know if she’s in Boston or Beirut!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! NO.

Luna’s arm came up as the referee’s hand hit the mat, and he waved off his count. Carys sat up, clutching her head again for a moment before she got back to her feet. Christian shouted at Luna from the floor, and she rolled to her stomach and started dragging herself towards him.

Claire: Christian again is earning his money...so long as Luna is listening to him. As far as Carys….this are precious seconds of recovery and recuperation after the blows to the head she’s sustained.

Luna made it to the apron as Christian whispered something into her ear. Carys doubled back after her, grabbing her by the feet and starting to pull her away from the apron. Luna grabbed his shirt though, and was practically pulling him into the ring with her. The referee stepped over her and reached down to pry her hands loose from his shirt. Carys moved forward behind the official, and caught a low blow kick from Luna that dropped her to her knees. Luna let go of Christian’s shirt before the referee turned around with a confused look. 

Claire: C’mon Referee...what do you think happened? Luna used the power of her mind to drop Carys to her knees like that?

Zack: I agree with you entirely, but the referee can’t call what he didn’t see! Luna played him like a violin, and she may owe her manager a new shirt!

Luna got back to her feet, pulling Carys up with her before hooking her into position for a future shock DDT. Carys’ head spiked into the canvas before Luna headed for the corner to make her way up top.

Zack: I have a feeling there’s gonna be a C-BOMB in Carys’ immediate future! 

Claire: I fear you might be right Zack. But she’s still got to hit it and we’ve seen Carys pull off plenty of surprises already in this match!!

Zack was right as Luna left her feet, delivering her slingshot corkscrew Arabian press onto the veteran. She scooped up both legs tightly into the cover as Parks fell into position!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

The referee called for the bell to boos from the Boston crowd. Luna sat up, making sure it was three before a wild grin creased her face. Christian joined her in the ring as she got to her feet, and the referee raised her hand. 

Claire: Luna picks up a big win tonight after she was run ragged in the early going and it looked like this was going to be all Carys from bell to bell. With the help of those stairs though, she picked up a huge win.

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall……………………..LUNA CORTEZ!!

Christian congratulated her, even though no one else in the arena was doing so. Luna beamed ear to ear as she got her hand raised again by her manager, still to a cacophony of boos from the fans in Boston.

Zack: Luna Cortez has notched a win against a veteran who has done it all and then some in her career! And I’m sure she’s proud of herself!

Claire: The record book will show that she picked up the win tonight and won’t make any mention at all of the difficulty that she had in putting the veteran away. Still, this will turn heads and give her momentum as she looks to reclaim the Nova Championship.

Luna headed up the ramp with her manager following behind her, while Carys sat up with an angry expression on her face. We then cut to a commercial for the pool party!

A Werthwhile Reign

A clip from the Saitama Summit shows the final moments of the main event when Mara Werth became the new Future Shock Champion by submission over Vivi Traeger. Then we head back to the live broadcast and find Sara standing at the top of the stage as the crowd is buzzing.

Sara: Ladies and gentlemen here tonight in Boston and watching around the globe, please join me in welcoming the NEEWWW FFW Future Shock Champion….MARA WEEEEERTH!!!

The opening of Rag’n’bone Man’s “Human” began to play, getting a few moments into the song before Mara Werth steps out onto the stage. The former convict grinning from ear to ear as she lifted the title belt aloft, getting a loud cheer from the crowd. The raven haired woman headed from one side of the stage to the other, raising the title to both sets of fans before she joined Sara at the top of stage and gave the reporter a friendly hug.

Mara: Hey Sara, thank you for that introduction….and God, that sounds good doesn’t it? NEW FFW Future Shock Champion...MARA WERTH!!! It’s music to my ears and I don’t think that’s ever going to get old.

Sara: I bet not. On your first attempt no less, you became the new Future Shock Champion. Very few of the previous champions can make that claim, but you certainly can. You are now the face of Future Shock. How does that feel? Do you feel any pressure knowing that? 

The brunette nodded her head.

Mara: You’re right Sara, there is pressure there. There have been some huge names that have held this title - people like Jo McFarlane and Ignis and Lilly Sheffield. And there have been some huge names that have been the face of Future Shock too since it changed format. People like Isis Morales and Andi Takata, like Bianca Salvador and Mallory Bennett, like Harley Shannon and Vivi Traeger. That’s a lot to live up to...a huge legacy and massive footsteps of Hall of Famers and FFW Champions.

She smiled.

Mara: I’m looking forward to it Sara. I’m going to enjoy having that pressure placed upon me and I’m going to rise up to meet it head on, to live up to everything that’s expected of me. Then I’m going to raise the bar higher, Sara - that’s my goal. Winning this was merely the start and I fully intend to do great things as the Future Shock Champion.

Sara: As you no doubt know, you’ve inherited a whole roster of women who will be looking to take it from you any chance they get. Two that come to mind immediately are Stacey Sky, and a woman we’ll be seeing later tonight who has been Aspire Champion for almost a year now, Gemma Pierce. Both of them you know and have faced before, including winning Match of the Year honors for 2020 against one. Do you find that daunting? 

Mara: No. As you said, Sara, I’ve faced both of them before. That’s not to write either of them off. Stacey Sky is an amazing athlete, quick and agile and totally fearless. I know that she’ll stop at nothing to achieve what she wants and Kyle will do everything in his power to help her do that. I look forward to the challenge from her. While Gemma...there’s no-one quite as powerful as Gemma Pierce in Future Shock and arguably in all of wrestling. Heck, I know I’ve been known for being pretty strong, but Pierce is in a different league and she’s driven and determined to make history and go down as one of Future Shock’s greatest. Whatever happens tonight, I fully expect her to come after me next and I welcome that. I want the challenge, I want to test myself. I want to have another Match of the Year against her and even up the score - especially as it was almost a year ago that she beat me to become the Aspire Champion.

Sara: Well that match seems inevitable at this point, Mara. I think you’ve found yourself a career rival in Gemma, who as I said, will be competing in tonight’s historic main event. Thanks for talking with me tonight, Mara. 

The reporter flashes her a smile before the show heads to a commercial break.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 10:25:02 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 01:05:13 pm »

Future Shock returns from the break, and finds Adam seated at ringside with the Diamond Championship on his lap. The shot then changes to the ring to show Lexi once more this evening.

Lexi: The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is the main event of the evening! It is for the Future Shock Aspire Championship! Either Gemma Pierce will complete her final defense of the title and earn a Future Shock Championship match...or Cait Flanagan will become the first ever Future Shock Diamond Champion!

Zack: We’re gonna make a whole lot of history here one way or another, Claire. Lexi laid it out perfectly, and we just got another glimpse of the Diamond Championship, which Adam will present to Cait if she wins tonight. 

Claire: There have been a lot of big names to hold the Aspire Championship in all its different incarnations Zack. Harley Shannon, Sophia Pike, Bianca Reed, Lacey, Lydia Charisma to name a few...but none of them have managed to make it all the way to five defences. Gemma Pierce can do that tonight if… IF… she can overcome Cait Flanagan.

The opening of Madonna’s “Material Girl” begins playing as Cait Flanagan steps out onto the ramp. With a wink, she licks her index finger and touches it to the ground and as she passes the spot, flames shoot up behind her. She reaches into her tights and pulls out a wad of cash, fanning it out for the crowd to see. Kyle follows after her with a smile on his face.

She tousles her hair and fans herself with the money, then shrugs and tosses it behind her, letting it get eaten up by the flames. Cait puts her hand up to her mouth as she seems to realize what she’s done, but then she shrugs her shoulders and cackles.

You know that we are living in a material world, and I am a material girl…

Still laughing, Cait skips the rest of the way down to the ring, tossing her hair over her shoulder and blowing mocking kisses to the men in the audience. She ascends the steps and ducks through the ropes as Kyle opens them for her, as she’s winking at the referee.

Lexi: From Belfast, Northern Ireland, she is The Million Dollar Baby and the 2020 Future Shock Cup winner, Cait! Flanagan!

She seems to thank Lexi for her introduction and goes to her corner, laying across the turnbuckle and giving her opponent a cheeky little wave as she waits for things to get started.

Zack: Cait Flanagan told the world that she was going to screw over Gemma tonight! She doesn’t care about the means, just the end result. And by hook or by crook, she’s determined to be crowned as the first Diamond Champion right here tonight!

Claire: As we’ve seen time and time again from Cait, what she wants, she gets. One way or another. Between her and her manager they’ve tried things that I’ve never seen before in a wrestling ring. Normally, I wouldn’t bet against her, but Gemma Pierce is a whole different kettle of fish.

The lights go out in the arena, an anticipatory murmur filling the arena. A moment or two passes in silence before a slow-tempo guitar begins to play through the PA system, accompanied by an electronic vibration effect, kicking off All Good Things’ “For the Glory.”

Better back down, you’re in my domain
Got the whole crowd screaming out our name
It’s a blowout, it’s a hurricane
It’s over, before you know it.

An aggressive guitar chord strikes as red lights begin to swirl through the arena. The curtain is pushed aside, and a dimly lit figure stands in the middle of the entrance ramp. While not much of her is clearly visible, she turns her head to face either direction of the crowd.

Why you shaking? We’re a dynasty
In the making, We’re the royalty
Now we're breaking down the enemy
Move over for the soldiers.

After a moment, a single white spotlight turns to the ramp, revealing a woman in a leather jacket, glaring toward one side of the crowd, chewing a piece of gum with a smirk on her face. Notably, as the spotlight focuses on the World Piercer, her usually bright red hair is jet black, and hangs down in her face somewhat, although Gemma doesn’t seem particularly bothered for the moment.

Lexi: Introducing her opponent, from Liverpool, England, weighing 147 pounds…this is “The World Piercer,” and the reigning and defending Future Shock Aspire Champion...this is GEMMA...PIERCE!

Gemma turns to stare at the other side of the audience, lips curling into even more of a smirk as the fans react to the introduction with boos. She grips the ends of her leather jacket, pulling it apart to reveal the [Future Shock/Aspire] Championship around her waist, before pacing down the ramp slowly. For the most part, she ignores the crowd, although one person toward the end of the ramp seems to get the “World Piercer’s” attention. The smirk on her face only grows as she gets into a bit of a jaw-jacking competition with the fan, even holding her arms out and seeming to invite some kind of confrontation--when nothing comes of it, though, she just grins even more.

She circles around the ring, taking her sweet time before deciding which side she wants to enter on, swinging herself up onto the apron. She grips the top rope and grins, pulling herself up to her feet, staring out into the crowd for just a moment. She steps through the ropes, moving straight into the center of the ring and stretching her arms out wide, curling both hands in a “bring it” sort of gesture, as the boos only increase. The Merseysider chuckles to herself, shrugging her leather jacket off her shoulders and tossing it out of the ring, moving to her corner and climbing the turnbuckles. She unstraps the belt from around her waist, raising it up with one hand, seeming to beckon the crowd even more with the other.

Zack: For my money, there’s no one in Future Shock with more intensity than Gemma Pierce. She has been a historic and amazing Aspire Champion. She doesn’t want to leave Future Shock just yet, and wants to get a title shot at the biggest prize around these parts. Only Cait Flanagan stands in her way of achieving what has so far been impossible!

Claire: Gemma Pierce has been dominant as the Aspire Champion. It doesn’t matter who you’ve thrown in her way, she has overcome them with a mix of sheer power, stubborn determinedness and sheer bloody-mindedness to be the woman to do what no-one else could. To score those five defences. I don’t envy Cait Flanagan tonight.

Referee Melinda Davis takes the Aspire Championship from Gemma, and holds it over her head. She hands it down to Adam as Lexi leaves the ring, and then checks both women for illegal objects. Finding none, she calls for the bell to start the match as Gemma stands fairly stoic in her corner. Cait, however, is looking over at the newly minted Diamond Champion that Adam is holding in his lap.

Zack: A match just like this one took place this past Thursday at Velocity, Claire. And we ended up crowning FFW’s first Phoenix Champion. Now it’s time to make a little Future Shock history. Cait’s got her eyes on the prize, but Gemma hasn’t taken her eyes off the “Million Dollar Baby.” 

Claire: Gemma’s turned aside all challengers but Cait Flanagan is hell bent on making history and walking out of here with that Diamond Championship and her name indelibly inked in Future Shock History.

Cait seems a bit enamored with the title as Gemma meets her in the center of the ring. Pierce’s face remains stony as Cait smiles up to her, asking her how much she underestimated her tonight and how she’s gonna feel when it’s all said and done. Gemma still remains emotionless before Cait pats her on the cheek, and then points over to the title she’s looking to win tonight. Still no response from the Aspire Champion….until Cait shrugs her shoulders and slaps her across the face instead. That gets a response as Gemma retaliates with a right cross to the jaw before throwing her by the neck into the nearest corner. Pierce charges in after her with a corner clothesline before that right hand continues to nail Cait repeatedly. She pounds her down to a seat on the corner before Pierce snatches her up and sends her flying with a belly to belly overhead suplex. 

Zack: That was a mistake! Cait was looking for a reaction, and she damn sure got one! Gemma with those hammer fists to the head before sending her for a ride! Gemma’s not used to being disrespected like that!

Claire: Cait’s poked the bear and now Pierce is mauling her Zack. You think this was the game plan that Kyle and Cait came up before this match was due to start? Anger Pierce and get her to hurl you about like a sack of potatoes?

Flanagan started to get to her feet before Gemma yanked her up the rest of the way. She whipped her across for the ride by her neck before catching her on the rebound with a scoop powerslam. Pierce mounted her chest, and went back to work with those right hands as Cait covered up on her back to deflect them. The champion got back to her feet, and pulled Cait up by her arm. An uppercut to the body nearly doubled her over before Gemma scooped her up over her shoulders into a Death Valley driver. Cait rolled to her stomach to head towards the ropes to get out, but Gemma grabbed her into a rear waistlock. And with a deadlift, she hoisted Cait up and sent her flying again with a release German suplex. But she wasn’t done. As Cait tried to move again, she was scooped up yet again to her feet. Pierce shoved her chest first into the ropes, causing the challenger to bounce backwards into her before she grabbed her head with both hands and lifted her off her feet to drive her into the mat like an atomic drop.

Claire: This is pure dominance from the Aspire Champion! We knew that she was a powerhouse - that she was one of the strongest women to ever step into a Future Shock ring and she’s just underlining it here. She’s not broken into a sweat yet!

Zack: Have you ever seen someone get picked up by their head? Jesus, Gemma is a walking juggernaut and the only shot Cait’s gotten in was that slap! And she’s been paying for it ever since.

Gemma’s face showed nothing but anger as she scooped her arms up into a full nelson, and brought her back to her feet. Cait was lifted off the mat as Gemma leaned back, and started violently shaking her like a leaf, with her arms and legs and hair flailing in all directions before Pierce planted her with a full nelson suplex. Flanagan rolled to her stomach, but got scooped up again around her waist. Gemma went for a wheelbarrow facebuster that drove her into the mat. The champion rolled her onto her back, and got to her feet. She looked down at her as she stood over her, waiting on her to try to get up again. And when she did, Gemma cinched her up into a gutwrench suplex. 

Zack: This is starting to look very academic right now. Pierce is only moments away from making history as the only woman to defend the Aspire title five times. Meanwhile the “Million Dollar Baby” is getting the wrestling lesson of her short career!

Claire: The way she’s been thrown around thus far, Kyle should earn his money and call the chiropractor already...his client is gonna need her spine realigning after all these impacts.

It wasn’t that often that the fans were behind Gemma, but they were here. Cait started crawling towards the corner with Gemma watching her, seemingly measuring her as the redhead slumped over the bottom turnbuckle with her back to the ring. Gemma glanced around at the crowd that was supporting her for a moment, not doing anything to encourage them so much as taking it all in. 

Zack: It’s like watching a slasher movie as Gemma Pierce is playing the role of Michael Myers right now! She’s stalking Flanagan, who is clinging to that turnbuckle but it can’t help her. 

Claire: This is the sort of performance that you know will be giving Mara nightmares as she watches this. Pierce is in her future but how do you deal with this raw power and laser like focus?

Cait started to rise to her feet as Gemma advanced on her. As soon as she got close, Cait used a drop toe hold that sent Gemma face first into the now exposed bottom turnbuckle. The champion clutched her face in pain as Cait pulled her hands away to drive straight right hands into her head. There was a cut forming as Cait tried to make it worse. An elbow to her head opened it a little more before she got back to her feet. Davis questioned her about the exposed turnbuckle, to which Cait told her she doesn’t know how it happened. 

Claire: I guess that’s one way to slow down the juggernaut. Cait’s spinning the referee a line but she’s fighting for her life after the onslaught from the start of the match.

Zack: Flanagan said she would do whatever she had to do, whatever it takes, to capitalize tonight and leave her with the title. She’s a woman of her word on that so far, I’d say.

Flanagan doubled back towards the champion, and started stomping away at her head till Gemma rolled to her stomach. The redhead dropped to her knees, and started spiking her face into the mat, then scrubbing it against the canvas a few times. The cut on Gemma’s head had grown a little wider now, leaving red drops on the mat. Cait rolled her onto her back, grabbed her feet and positioned her so she could use a catapult that sent the champion face first for the second time against the exposed turnbuckle. Pierce clutched her face in pain as Davis read Cait the riot act, but was largely being ignored. 

Zack: If once wasn’t bad enough, that’s twice now that Cait’s sent the champion’s head into that exposed hook that keeps the ropes taut. And for the first time I can recall in Future Shock, Gemma Pierce is bleeding. 

Claire: It’s a reminder that Gemma Pierce is actually human, Zack. This might be Cait’s best and only chance to put away a Predator like the World Piercer.

Cait pulled Gemma away from the corner towards the center of the ring, leaving a trail of red droplets on the mat as she did. The redhead took off towards the far side, and came back with a curb stomp to the back of her head, driving it into the mat before she rolled her over to make the cover with a leg hook.

Zack: Cait’s ready to call it a night, and take the Diamond Championship with her!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

T-NO.

The champion got her shoulder up, and Cait punished her for it by grinding the point of her elbow into the open wound on Gemma’s head. It caused her to shove her away, once more covering her face until she was rolled onto her stomach. Cait grabbed her hands, sat on her lower back, and pulled her arms under her neck into a seated straitjacket submission. 

Claire: All of this is going to weaken the Aspire Champion. Every heartbeat is seeing her strength seep out of that cut while this submission is going to cut off the supply of oxygen to the brain.

Davis knelt in front of the champion, checking for a submission as Cait pulled back on Gemma’s hands as she tried to tighten the hold to choke her out. Gemma showed no signs she was going to quit though as Kyle made eye contact with his client, telling her to pull harder. Cait leaned back, trying to get even more out of the hold as Gemma’s facial color began to change and darken. 

Zack: Gemma’s face is starting to darken in color as Cait is using her own arms to squeeze the life out of her. The worst part for Gemma is Cait pulled her dead center of the ring. She’s stuck, and I’m not sure how she can escape.

Claire: This is where Pierce needs every ounce of upper body strength that she can muster; every single muscle fibre working together...then, maybe, she can surprise Cait and power her way out of this. Otherwise, it’s just a matter of time.

The referee checked again to see if she wanted to stop the match, but Gemma didn’t give any sign that she did. But her face was still getting darker by the second. Flanagan told Gemma to quit or pass out, she didn’t care which. But Pierce didn’t heed her advice, though her eyelids started getting heavy. The challenger leaned back again, further trying to increase her grip until the champion’s eyes were barely visible now, only slits at this point.

Zack: I can’t believe we’re this close to hearing Cait Flanagan has won this by match by submission over the “World Piercer,” but that’s where we are now. Gemma is practically unconscious, look at her eyes!

Claire: We can’t be far away from the referee calling this one Zack. And we’ve got to hand it to Cait, she got herself an opening and has maximised that to incredible effect to put herself on the verge of winning the biggest match of her career.

Davis checked again, but this time she got no answer or flicker of recognition from Gemma. Pierce’s eyes closed entirely...for a second before they opened again as the referee was about to call for the bell. Blood continued to trickle down her face as she started to push up to her knees under Cait. The challenger looked down in shock, and then wrapped her legs around Gemma’s body to squeeze her there too. Pierce struggled to her feet before falling backwards to send Cait back and head first into the canvas. That broke her grip, and allowed the champion to roll away from her and gasp for breath at the same time. 

Claire: The power game comes to the fore again, but has it saved Pierce or just delayed the inevitable? If Cait can get back on the attack before Gemma recovers, wouldn’t she still be a slight favourite to take the Diamond Championship tonight?

Zack: We’ll see. Time is of the essence right now for Cait, and how fast she can get back to work on Gemma. The champion can’t breathe in the oxygen fast enough right now!

Cait made it back to her feet at the urging of her manager, and quickly pulled Gemma into a piledriver. Flanagan moved towards the corner, and crouched down for a moment as Gemma was very slow moving. The champion finally got to all fours before Cait darted out of the corner, looking for a punt kick to Gemma’s head. But the champion sat up on her knees, avoiding the contact. Flanagan stopped herself before she hit the corner, and turned around to see a bloodied Gemma glaring back at her. The fans came to their feet before Pierce caught her with a yakuza kick to the chest that sent her into the corner again. Pierce planted her head next, and used a turnbuckle powerbomb! Cait’s body hit the top turnbuckle, but Pierce didn’t let her go. She hoisted her up again, and took off for the next corner for a second turnbuckle powerbomb! This time, she let Cait collapse to the mat in a crumpled heap. The champion rubbed her face, seeing her own blood on her hands as she stood over the redhead.

Claire: Yet another display of power from the Aspire champion, but it’s taken almost as much out of her to deliver those moves as it did out of Cait. Gemma has to look to end this sooner rather than later to score the fifth defence!!

Zack: I don’t know how many times Gemma has seen her own blood in a match, but I’m told it does something to you. I’m told it makes you even more angry than you were, and that’s hard to do at this point with Gemma. 

Pierce dragged Cait a little bit away from the corner before she dropped down to make the cover. Davis slid into position as Kilmeade started waving towards the back. The count never started as Gemma noticed it too, and rose to her feet as the proxy wrestler from a few weeks ago headed down the ramp. Adam and the referee spotted her as well, and the Director went to intercept her as the referee kept an eye on her too.

Claire: I don’t know what on earth she’s doing here but if she steps in the ring with the World Piercer it could be suicide at this point.

Adam stopped the woman in the aisle, telling her to leave before he began waving for some security to get her out of the arena. Kyle leaned under the bottom rope as the referee was watching, putting something in Cait’s hand. Gemma beat security to the punch as she rolled out to the floor, and blasted the interloper with a big right hand followed by a few more. She scooped her up, and drilled her into the ramp with a spinebuster before doubling back to the ring. Security arrived as Adam gave them directions, while Gemma went to pick up Cait on the canvas. 

Zack: Who needs security! Gemma had it covered! We’ve seen her handle these situations with the Matriarchy in her last defense, and here again tonight! 

Claire: I hope she gets paid well by the Million Dollar Baby and gets a good health plan to boot - she’ll need it if this keeps up.

Gemma got back to her feet in the ring, waving for Cait to get back to her feet. The redhead was holding something against her body though as she started to rise. Adam and the security were still trying to get the other woman out of the arena. And as Cait got to her feet with her back to the champion, Gemma went to get her!

Zack: What did he hand Cait? I can’t make it out from this camera angle we’re looking at, but I can definitely see something in Flanagan’shand!

Claire: Maybe Kyle’s been inspired by Dante Knox. We all saw how well the ten dollar knock out worked for the Corporate Killer, so why not for the Million Dollar Baby?!?

Kyle hopped up onto the apron, drawing the referee as Cait turned around. It looked like the redhead was about to throw something, but Gemma smacked her hand away and it went flying. She kicked Cait in the stomach, hooked her head and delivered her single underhook lifting DDT! Flanagan was shoved over onto her back limply before Gemma made the cover. Adam told the referee to look before she darted around to make the count.

Zack: That looks like some flash paper and---never mind that! PIERCE THE EARTH!!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Davis called for the bell as Gemma rolled off the cover to sit up on the mat. Her face still looked angry as she rubbed at the gash on her head, and finally got back to her feet. The official raised her hand in victory after that.

Claire: Gemma’s made history!!! Despite all the tricks, all the underhanded plans and despicable plots hatched by the Million Dollar Baby and Kilmeade, Pierce fights through it all to be the first and only woman to ever score five Aspire Championship defences!!!

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall…...AND THE FINAL FUTURE SHOCK ASPIRE CHAMPION WITH FIVE DEFENSES…………………’THE WORLD PIERCER’ GEMMA PIERCE!!

The referee handed her back the Aspire Championship for the last time. She looked down at it for a moment, and raised her hand with it overhead. She then handed it down to Adam, who congratulated her on what she’d done. 

Zack: It was July 30th of 2019 that Gemma Pierce became the new Aspire Champion! And almost a calendar year later, she’s turned back every challenge! She’s met all five defenses, and she’s made Future Shock history with a feat no one else ever did...or will have the chance to do again! Congratulations, Gemma!

Claire: Flanagan’s guarantee came up empty tonight, not for want of trying though. Congratulations to Gemma Pierce, thoroughly deserved and I’m absolutely certain this won’t be the last time we see her make history in this sport!!

Zack: What a moment for Gemma! As far as the Diamond Championship goes, we know it’ll be a four woman tournament to crown the first person to hold it! Adam, you better get to thinking about who it’s gonna be in that tournament. But meanwhile, what a month of history made in both FFW and Future Shock! 

Claire: What a birthday month for FFW. We’ve seen champions rise and fall, new champions crowned and we roll into a new decade stronger than ever!! And as we’ve seen tonight, the Future is very, very bright!!

Gemma headed up the ramp, touching her forehead that had finally stopped bleeding. She looked down to her waist, running her hands along it for a moment. All that was heard was “Mara..” from her mouth as Future Shock faded off the air. 

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 10:25:15 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: