Femme Fatale Wrestling
April 19, 2024, 02:15:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 81

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 81  (Read 125 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: July 07, 2020, 05:17:54 pm »

The instrumental version of “Boom” by the X Ambassadors starts to play as we open on Jake and Gia arriving at an empty studio. Only the video wall behind them is there as they look around and at each other confused. Suddenly the video goes into fast forward as suddenly production staff immediately start moving in the furniture. The pair watch as the staff moves at a pretty quick pace (thanks to fast forward) and gets everything set up: chairs and table too. The two hosts look pleased with that before they sit down. One staffer places Gia’s crown on her head, bringing a smile to her face before the After Shock logo appears on the video screen before the camera zooms in on it. A bolt of electricity appears and then we cut back to the actual show with both Jake & Princess Gia greeting the viewers.

Jake: Welcome back to After Shock, your one stop for all the latest news in Future Shock. Jake here, along with her highness Princess Gia of Lynne, as we get you ready for next week’s edition of Future Shock. Not only is that coming up, but the show after that is our annual pool party on board the SS Norwegian Sky sailing out of Miami, Florida!

Gia: I think Lonely Island has a song about being on a boat! Anyway, we’re here to run down Future Shock Episode 80, which could have been a PPV in its own right - following the Saitama Summit was no easy task, but the ladies on Episode 80 managed it! And as Jake said, we’ll talk about what’s in store for Episode 81, as well as what you can expect from the pool party! Jake and I will be teaming up to participate in one of the challenges, and I’m thrilled to be part of the show! But first, let’s talk about Episode 80, starting with ‘The World Piercer’ Gemma Pierce’s historic fifth and final defense of the now-retired Aspire Championship! What a match! What a night for Gemma!

Jake: The Aspire Championship is now at FFW Headquarters on display, and Gemma Pierce did what no one has ever done before or will ever be able to do since. Congratulations to her on that achievement, and we all know now who will be challenging for the Future Shock Championship in the future. That trilogy with Mara Werth is about to be a ...quadrilogy? I don’t know the word for four match series. Quadrangle? Foursome?

Gia pulls her phone out and quickly types something, then looks up at Jake with a grin.

Gia: According to Google, the word you’re looking for is “tetralogy”. And I for one can’t wait to see that match! These two have plenty of history behind them, but with Mara as the Future Shock Champion and Gemma looking for a repeat of what happened when Mara was the Aspire Champion? This one’s bound to be interesting. And while Cait Flanagan may have failed - despite her and Kyle’s best efforts - Adam has already announced via Twitter that she will be one of the women competing for the chance to be the first ever Future Shock Diamond Champion. Any word on who else is going to be competing for it, and when that’s going to kick off?

Jake: I’ve been trying to get some word on that, but I haven’t been able to confirm anything. But I was able to bring along something…. Excuse me for a second.

Jake leaves his seat and heads off set for a couple seconds before he comes back with the Future Shock Diamond Championship. He looks like he’s going to put it on the table, but instead hands it to his co-hostess.

Jake: It really goes well with that crown and all. What do you think?

Gia stands up and buckles the belt around her waist, taking a moment to admire how it looks on her.

Gia: I think if I was an actual wrestler, this is the championship I’d want. It’s absolutely gorgeous - and I gotta say, it’s an honor to be the first woman to physically hold the Diamond Championship.

Laughing, she unbuckles it and sets it between them, giving the belt a prominent position on camera.

Gia: I can’t wait to see what the future of this championship is.

Jake: I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough. Also on the last show, it was a good night to be a sister...in most cases, at least. Madyson Stone proved she can be just as effective as her little sister between the ropes against Leighana, and Luna Cortez got back on a winning track against Carys McFarlane.  I know Madyson wouldn’t challenge her sister, but the field is really full for women looking to get a crack at Mikayla. Luna’s already been on about that, and Leighana hasn’t been shy of it either. And actually there will be a defense of that title next show, but we’ll get to that in a bit.

Gia: I can’t wait! Luna and Leighana will be fearsome competitors for Mikayla Stone, whenever they earn their shots at the Nova Champion. And it was fantastic to see Madyson in singles action - I feel like sometimes, when you’re part of a unit of sisters, it can be hard to feel like you’re setting yourself apart, but Mikayla and Madyson - and Luna and Anna, for that matter - have certainly done so. Anything else we should touch on from the previous show, Jake?

Jake: Well because I don’t want to worry about things catching fire in my life, I feel like we should mention that Raven Knight finally addressed the Future Shock roster and fans after showing up out of the blue not too long ago. And she’s brought along Andy Marx, who has been in the corner of quite a few successful women in the history of Future Shock. The last we saw him was when Mallory Bennett was still active, and she had a long reign as the Ultraviolence Champion.

Gia: Sounds like we should be investing in some fire extinguishers for ringside. Just to be on the safe side. Raven is terrifying, especially with her penchant for lighting things on fire. And I think she’ll be a formidable opponent for anyone on the roster.

Jake: She’ll be making her Future Shock debut on the next show. And since we’ve covered the highlights from the last one, let’s get right to the next show. The 81st edition of Future Shock returns to Boston on the 14th, one more show before we set sail. And the first match booked on that card will see the debut of Raven Knight against the Most Promising Prospect of 2020 award winner, Shelbi Lynn Carter.

Gia: We haven’t seen a lot of Shelbi Lynn lately, but I think she’ll be eager to continue the momentum she’s been building since winning the Most Promising Prospect award. After all, she has a lot to live up to with that award - last year’s winner, Vivi Traeger, ended up winning the Future Shock Championship, and I’m sure Shelbi Lynn will be looking to get herself into contention for Future Shock’s top belt sooner rather than later. A win over a competitor like Raven Knight could be huge for her. But there’s nothing Raven loves more than playing spoiler, so she’ll be looking to stop Shelbi Lynn in her tracks.

Jake: Raven won’t be the only one making her singles debut on the next Future Shock. But in this case, we’ve seen this particular girl in many matches. Anna Cortez will have her first one on one match against Sydney Christensen next week. We know what Sydney is capable when left to her own devices, not so much Anna really. But we’ll find out.

Gia: So… in this match, I will be rooting for a giant meteor to hit the ring because both of them are terrible people. Anna seems to subscribe to Tara and Luna’s methods, and like you said, we’ve all seen what Sydney’s willing to do when she feels that things aren’t going her way. I’m interested to see Anna in singles competition, but other than that? Yeah, giant meteor please.

Jake: I’m sure you’ll feel differently about our main event though. The Nova Championship is on the line when Mikayla Stone makes her second defense of the title against the centerpiece of the Matriarchy, Jacqui Minogue. After Jacqui got her win over Lowri, she felt even more deserving of the chance to capture the Nova title. She’ll have her chance in Boston next week.

Gia: Go Mikayla go! Take nothing away from Jacqui, who has certainly earned her right to challenge Mikayla for the title, but I have faith in the littlest witch. Jacqui is a lot to overcome, and she’s going to have to work hard to knock off a champion who’s at the top of her game. I know Jacqui isn’t above using some underhanded tactics in order to get one over on her opponents, including using the numbers of the Matriarchy to her advantage, but Mikayla’s got two big sisters who I’m sure are willing to step in and run interference if Sienna and Victoria decide to try and get involved. It’s going to be a hell of a fight, and Mikayla is going to have to pull out all the stops in order to halt Jacqui, but I think she can do it.

Jake: I think she can too. All that is on tap next week on the 81st edition of Future Shock live in Boston. I also have a little bit of news regarding the pool party two weeks after that. We’re setting sail from Miami on the SS Norwegian Sky, and I have part of the card for that show. For the first time ever, we’ll have a match at sea as Target Acquired and the Doomsday Sisters meet to determine the next challengers for the tag titles! How about that? A shot at the tag titles for the winners as they meet...sailing across the Atlantic!

Gia: That’s incredible! Both teams have been working very hard, and I can’t wait to see who ends up as our new number one contenders! Any other bits of information that you can share with us, Jake?

Jake: I do, and it regards you and me!

Before he can continue, a volleyball is tossed towards him which he catches and turns back to the camera.

Jake: You and I will be competing together in a game of volleyball on board the cruise ship. And our opponents? Those wily ring announcers from Future Shock and FFW, Lexi and Kat Grayson! How’s your volleyball skills, Gia?

Gia grins at her broadcast partner.

Gia: I played in high school and college, so it’s been a couple years, but I’m sure those old skills will come back to me with some practice! How about yours, Jake?

Jake; Uhh….. Well I’m glad you got some skills at this, because we may need a little practice. If it were bowling, I think we’d be safe. But I haven’t played a lot, so I’ll soak up as much from you as I can. May need to schedule a few prep sessions together.

Gia: Don’t worry, Jake! I got you. By the time we set sail, we’ll be ready to take on Lexi and Kat - and beat them!

Jake: I am down for that! That’s all I know about for now, but there’ll be way more challenges to come, including log rolling, tug of war and more. But we’ll have all the details on that on the next After Shock. But first, we got action on the 14th, including the Nova Championship on the line in the main event. Gia, you wanna wrap up here? You’ve got the floor…

He gently tosses her the volleyball.

Jake: And the ball, so go ahead.

Gia catches the ball easily.

Gia: Catch all the action in Future Shock - and FFW - on FFW All Access! A title defense, a number one contender’s match, the greatest volleyball game ever, plus our entire show library if you’ve missed out on anything or just want to rewatch your favorite moments. We’ll see you all after the next show to talk more about the pool party and hopefully bring you some more news regarding the Diamond Championship!

Jake nods in agreement before the pair wave to the viewers as After Shock fades to black.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: