Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 29, 2024, 04:25:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

FFW Future Shock Impact 4 - October 6, 2020

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFW Future Shock Impact 4 - October 6, 2020  (Read 330 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: October 06, 2020, 04:35:06 pm »

Live from the Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, Michigan
October 6, 2020

The Future Shock logo is shown painted on the hood of a car before it backs up and speeds away. Then we cut to the bright lights of the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas from Unstoppable 11 as a song starts to play. But within a few seconds, the opening package comes to an end and we go to a live shot in what looks to be someone’s locker room….as a high definition TV is yanked off the wall by two hands. It’s immediately driven into the back of Su Wakuda on the floor. It gets hammered into her again and again, causing the screen to shatter and start breaking onto the floor. It’s in the hands of Victoria Havoc.

Zack: What the hell is..?!

The camera spins around as Sienna has Jenny by the throat with both hands before flinging her into the wall. Song crashes against it before Sienna starts driving relentless knee strikes into her head and body to keep her down. The sound of people coming causes Sienna to pull the door shut and lock it as Victoria scoops up a table and lets it crash onto Su’s back. 

Claire: The Raging Dragons are getting mauled by the Doomsday Sisters!!

The sound of people pounding on the door is heard, and trying to open it as Sienna picks up Jenny off the floor. She scoops her over one shoulder, and drives her back first into the door, and lets her collapse upside down against the floor. The fans in the arena are booing loudly as people outside the door are trying to open it, and calling for someone with the key. 

Zack: They’ve locked themselves in the Dragons’ locker room, and are laying waste to the champions! Someone needs to get the key there as soon as possible!

Victoria pulls the cushions off the sofa, and tosses them to the floor before she pulls Su up by the throat, and chokeslams her into the exposed underside. She wraps a big hand around her throat to choke her while Sienna sees the Future Shock Tag Titles sitting on a chair. She scoops up one of them and looks at it, seemingly making her angrier before she heads back to Jenny and starts slamming it against her head repeatedly.

Claire: Su’s been chokeslammed through the couch!!! Jenny’s face is going to have an imprint of the title belt on her face!!! Someone get that door open - whatever it takes!! Stop this!!

Danger picks up the chair that the titles were sitting on before hurling it down onto Jenny. The door finally gets unlocked before both security and trainers flood the locker room. The Doomsday Sisters shove them aside, and finally make their exit to the hallway. Production staff give both women a wide berth as they stalk through the hallways, and we go back inside to see the Dragons getting attended to by medical staff.

Zack: On the last Future Shock, they destroyed everything they got their hands! And the warpath wasn’t just gonna be in Boston apparently! The Dragons left Sydney with the tag titles, and the Doomsday Sisters are demolishing everything and everyone because of it! 

Claire: We’ve got two pissed off powerhouses demolishing everything that they come across like two wrecking balls. Someone or something has to be done to try and get them under control because this is just a two person riot going on!

The show then cuts into the arena to show Claire and Zack, both of whom are still surprised by what they just saw. 

Zack: I say throw them out of the building. The Doomsday Sisters are not booked on tonight’s card, but they are certainly looking to fight regardless. Fans, we’ll keep you updated on any word we got about the Raging Dragons, who I am going to assume will be fit to be tied when they get themselves together. 

Claire: You’re right Zack, when the Dragons recover they’re going to want the heads of the Doomsday Sisters….and I’m not sure that was the smartest thing to do. The Dragons are fierce enough when they aren’t on the warpath. 

Zack: What...what a way to start the fourth Impact special! Thank you for joining us on FFW All Access for what we hope to be the deciding event in this series as we break the tie between the FFW and Future Shock rosters. We are live in the Little Caesars Arena in the Motor City of Detroit, Michigan. If the Sisters are in that kind of mood, it worries me that we don’t know where Jacqui is right now...because she wasn’t involved in that melee. 

Claire: I’m sure Minogue is somewhere nearby and is plotting a little destruction and wanton vandalism of her own to vent whatever frustrations she might have. I think security might want to sweep backstage and see if they can ferret her out and stop her before she gets started.

Zack: No doubt. Both the FFW and Future Shock rosters are here tonight in what has already proven to be a combustible situation before we’ve even had one match. It’s FFW versus Future Shock, and the main event is going to see the Future Shock Champion Mara Werth meet the Hall of Fame Franchise member who has done it all pretty much in FFW, that being Jo McFarlane. 

Claire: Mara came up short against Jo’s sister last time out but since then she has gone onto become the Future Shock Champion and racked up a successful defence against Gemma Pierce. Today could be a night of redemption for her against one of the biggest, most accomplished names on the main roster in Jo McFarlane.

Zack: We’re gonna see two matches born out of events that went down at Unstoppable 11 this past July in Las Vegas when some of the Future Shock roster certainly made their presence felt. One of those matches will see the new No Surrender Champion and a personal friend of my broadcast partner, Lilly Arthur, meet Sydney Christensen. Sydney took umbrage that she wasn’t allowed to let her manager out of the shark cage in Las Vegas, and plans to make an example out of Lilly tonight.

Claire: Heaven forbid Dante had to spend twenty minutes in a shark cage where no-one could hear him and didn’t have to listen to him. No doubt him and Sydney will have a plan tonight to extract some measure of revenge on Lilly and we’ve seen from the last Impact special how vicious Sydney can be when she managed to get one over on Missy. I hope Lilly is ready for all sorts of shenanigans tonight.

Zack: Sadly that won’t be the only time we see Dante tonight. Cassandra Steen laid out a challenge for a Submission Rules match some weeks ago to Arabella Townshend, Claire. She accepted, and we found out on the last Future Shock Arabella is no babe in the woods when it comes to submissions. Steen got disarmed of her quarters at Unstoppable by Arabella, and casts some of the blame that she isn’t still holding the titanium title on Arabella.

Claire: Arabella fired a warning shot across Cassandra’s bows at the last Future Shock demonstrating some excellent submission skills throughout in picking up a victory. I’m sure Cassandra will have done her homework and watched that match carefully and be ready tonight. Townshend might still have to raise her game a little further though, she is up against a former No Surrender Champion and a woman who went undefeated in Future Shock.

Zack: Our new Diamond Champion, who has been having no shortage of issues with Cait Flanagan as we saw two weeks ago, finds herself facing off against one of the more dominant Future Shock Champions in this brand’s history. It’ll be Carys meeting ol “10 Star” Tara Cortez, who defeated Nevaeh Summers the last time she was part of an Impact special….granted she was on the Future Shock side then.

Claire: I’m sure Tara will want to carry on where she left off at the last Impact special and continue to build momentum and pick up speed. She’s a tenacious and talented competitor but against Carys McFarlane, she’s coming up against a highly experienced woman who showed the world just how tough she is to beat in the Diamond Championship tournament. Cortez will have her work cut out for her, that’s for sure.

Zack: We’ll also see another member of the Franchise tonight, and I know she thinks it’s going to be WONDERFUL when Dawn Lohan meets Jamie Winters. We got to hear Jamie’s thoughts on our last show, and she’s finding it hard to believe there’s much about Dawn that is wonderful. What about you?

Claire: I think Dawn is what you’d call an acquired taste, Zack. She definitely has a high opinion of herself and has the past achievements to back up calling herself the most Wonderful Performer of the Modern Era. Jamie though is magical and certainly has the ability to pull a rabbit out of the hat and take Lohan down a peg or two.

Zack: We’re also going to hear from a woman who made an Impact all her own on the last Future Shock when she showed up to help the Laurie Jane Experience. We’ll hear from them too, as well as the apparently returning Angelina Fantastica! She got a lot of people talking at the end of our last show.

Claire: Three years since the last time she was seen in a Future Shock ring, Angelina Fantastica certainly made a timely return to Future Shock to stop the Matriarchy in their tracks. She might need to have eyes in the back of her head tonight though what with The Doomsday Sisters on the rampage and Jacqui Minogue yet to reveal herself - she might have painted a target on her back already.

Zack: I’m sure the Dragons won’t be the only ones with a bone to pick. Like I said, the Laurie Jane Experience is here and we’ll hear from them. The Doomsday Sisters tried to wreck them too, and lest we forget their partner that night….turned out to be not so beneficial in the final analysis. I’m sure Laurie and Jane are eager for another round with the rampaging Aussies. 

Claire: And I’m pretty sure Laurie might want to have a little conversation with Raven at some point in time. We’ve got all the combustible ingredients for tonight to be explosive to say the least and we’ve only just gotten started here in the Little Caesars Arena.

Zack: Let’s send it up to the ring to get the show started before anything else happens. Lexi, it’s all yours! 

Lexi is shown stepping through the ropes, giving some fans and the camera a certain view before she heads into the ring. A bright smile forms on her face as she begins the introductions. 

Lexi: Welcome to Future Shock Impact 4, Detroit! 

That gets a pop from the crowd before she gets started.

Lexi: The opening contest of Future Shock Impact 4 is a singles match scheduled for one fall to a finish. 

Zack: Lexi’s making herself some friends already in the Motor City, though I doubt she’d have to try to attract attention. 

Claire: Definitely wouldn’t have to work hard. She’s a very attractive woman and certainly knows how to dress to impress.

The sitars and the electronic beat of t+pazolite’s “Magic Raffles” blare through the sound system as the stage is covered in dry ice fog. From the back, in a soft sprint, comes the “Magical Girl” Jamie Winters holding on to her magician’s hat, greeting the crowd with a big smile. She spins on her heels and strikes a pose as playing cards starts raining from the stage and the lights blink in white and baby blue. She then starts skipping down the entrance ramp to the beat of her song, sharing high-fives with the people who have their hands extended out to her, and stopping to give rabbit stickers to the children in the audience, that she “generates” using her magic tricks.

Lexi: Introducing first… From Lowell, Massachusetts… JAMIE WINTERS!!!

Finally, she reaches the ring, hopping onto the ring apron and then hovering in though the second rope. She quickly hops onto the bottom rope and leans on the top rope, flashing her playing cards with her rabbit stickers on them, before throwing those cards into the crowd and finally hopping down to the ring.

Zack: Jamie Winters is as plucky as they come. She always brings a lot of enthusiasm and talent with her, and I feel like she’s going to be a big name in Future Shock before we know it. She just has to find that groove. 

Claire: We’ve definitely seen a lot of flashes of talent and ability from Jamie in her previous matches in Future Shock and while she might not have enjoyed the success that she wanted, sometimes you just need those experiences for it all to come together.

Mz Hyde by Halestorm echoes from the loud speaker. 

Dawn Lohan pushes her way through the curtain. Standing at the very top of the entrance way, she drops to her knees, spreads her arms out looking up to the heavens soaking in the very viscerally negative reaction from the crowd. As the music is coursing through the arena she knows she can't delay the inevitable. 

Lexi: On her way to the ring, from San Diego, California, weighing in at one hundred and thirty pounds, “The self proclaimed Most Wonderful Performer of the Modern Era” DAWN... LOHAN

She slowly makes her down to the ring, all business. 

She makes her way to the ring steps. When she reaches the top of the steps, she walks along the apron. Dawn beckons the referee to greet her. The referee of the match up holds the ropes open for Dawn. Entering the ring she walks to center of the ring. Dropping down to her knees again, a single spotlight shines down. The arena showers her with more boos. She doesn’t care. In her mind she is the most wonderful person in existence, screw everyone else. The rest of the lights come on in the arena. Dawn walks over to the corner, chills there until the match starts.  

Zack: Fresh off refereeing two matches at Sin & Sacrifice, Dawn Lohan won’t be calling the shots tonight. And I think she’ll have her hands full, as will referee Stephen Wilson. 

Claire: Dawn certainly isn’t backward when it comes to giving our very experienced referee crew the benefit of her advice after all of what three, four matches in the stripes. I’m sure we’ll see it again if she judges Wilson to be less than Wonderful tonight.

Referee Stephen Wilson makes sure neither of the girls are hiding any weapons before he calls for the bell. And as you might expect, Dawn immediately calls the official over to her corner. When he gets there, she asks him if he’s checked the turnbuckle pads to make sure they are secured. He gives her a dumbfounded look before she steps aside, and tells him to start with hers. 

Claire: And there we go. Dawn already offering up advice and trying to make sure our official is thorough.

Zack: This is the first match tonight, so I don’t think anyone has tried to loosen them. The only one who has been in there is Lexi, and she never touched them. This is asinine.

The official checks the turnbuckles in Dawn’s corner before she advises him to check the rest of them as well. He reluctantly moves to both neutral corners to check them, and then to Jamie’s corner. As he checked Jamie’s corner out, Dawn went on offense immediately and caught the magician with a running high knee to the back of her head while she was watching Wilson. It propelled her forward into the ropes before Dawn began peppering her with forearms before the referee turned around. She used a snapmare to bring Jamie down to the mat. Winters sat up immediately before catching a double axe handle to her back. She quickly applied a rear chinlock with one knee pressed into her back as the referee knelt beside them. 

Claire: Dawn’s obviously happy the turnbuckles are up to scratch and made sure she got off to a flying start. Winters has been pushed onto the back foot but I’m sure she’ll get her opening - if she can weather this early storm.

Zack: Listen to her, she’s still giving the referee advice on what he needs to do. Have you ever seen a wrestler tell a referee to make sure they aren’t choking their opponent? I haven’t. 

Dawn told the referee to check to make sure she wasn’t choking Jamie, which he did and she wasn’t. Lohan gave him some praise as she kept the hold applied, but it didn’t last long as Jamie was already starting to get up. Lohan turned it into a side headlock before Jamie began firing elbows into her stomach one after another, finally shaking her loose and following up with an inverted atomic drop. The Detroit crowd was getting behind her before she yanked her forward into a short arm clothesline. Dawn was quickly back to her feet as Jamie grabbed her into a rear waistlock, but Lohan countered into one of her own. That’s when Jamie started firing back elbows with both arms, catching the blonde more than once. She used a hip bump to shake her loose, sending the blonde back a step before Winters planted her with a scoop slam.

Zack: Dawn walked right into that scoop slam, and you know Jamie’s wanting to start getting those feet moving. She likes being in motion at high speeds whenever possible.

Claire: I think you’re right Zack, it’s always better to be fighting your match and at your tempo, rather than having it dictated to you - especially this early on in Jamie’s career.

Winters saw her starting to get up again, and took off for the far side. When Dawn was back to her feet, Jamie caught her with a running knee to the stomach. It doubled her over for a moment, allowing Jamie to follow up with a knee lift and then a scissor kick that sent her backwards. Only the ropes kept her from falling before Jamie delivered a jawbreaker that spun Dawn around before she was pulled down into a backslide!

Zack: Jamie’s already looking to make sure tonight isn’t so WONDERFUL for Dawn!

ONE!!!

TW-NOO!!

Lohan kicked out as the two was coming down, and Jamie quickly got to her feet. The magician took off for the ropes, and rebounded quickly into a running leg lariat when Dawn was back on her feet. It took her down again before Jamie left her feet for an leaping elbow drop to her back. 

Claire: Winters is upping the pace well and doing a great job of keeping the Wonderful Dawn Lohan flat on the mat here!

Jamie rolled back to her feet, and was off on another run towards the ropes yet again. When she rebounded this time though, Dawn was already back to her feet and ducked a clothesline. As soon as she passed, Lohan grabbed her into a rear waistlock and ran her chest first into the ropes. It knocked the wind out of the magician before Dawn spun her around, and delivered a belly to back suplex that saw Jamie’s head hit the bottom turnbuckle on the way down. That stopped Jamie in her tracks as she lay on the mat with her head held up by the bottom turnbuckle. Dawn sat up, catching her breath before going after Jamie in the corner with furious stomps to her head and body. Wilson made her step back, which only sent Dawn out to the apron. 

Zack: Look at those stomps! Maybe it’s just me, but I think Jamie may have gotten under Dawn’s skin a little. Maybe she wasn’t expecting this much fight from her. 

Claire: You’ve got to hand it to Dawn, she did a great job there of stopping Jamie in her tracks with the help of the bottom turnbuckle. The Magician is in a whole heap of trouble right now.

Dawn then used the top rope for a springboard into a flip over leg drop across Jamie’s chest. She landed it ...wonderfully, and reached across to grab her leg to make the cover. 

Zack: She calls that BREAKING DAWN, and FFW is three seconds from picking up the first win tonight at Impact!

ONE!!!

TWOOOO!!!

Jamie got her shoulder up before the three came down, and Dawn mounted her chest before pulling her head up with one hand and pummeling it with forearms with her free hand. She finally got back to her feet, and started waving Jamie to get up. 

Claire: Dawn seems to be looking to punish Jamie here and looks absolutely determined to put FFW 1-0 up right at the start of the night!

The magician was looking the worse for wear at this point, but started to get up just as Dawn told her. She made it to all fours, and sat up on her knees before Lohan measured and connected with a shining wizard to the back of her head. She dragged Jamie back to the corner to sit her up against it before Lohan backed up to the other side of the ring. She quickly measured, and took off with a running cross body in the corner, knocking the wind out of Jamie once more. Dawn dragged her out of the corner, and rolled through for the cover with a leg hook. 

Zack: That’s a new variation of a cross body there, and Dawn’s back on the path to putting FFW on the boards with a win!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOO!!!

TH-NOO!!

Jamie kicked out before the three, and Dawn sat up before giving the referee a little tutorial on his counts. Wilson assured her it was only two as Dawn told him she was going to be reporting back to Samantha if she felt he wasn’t doing his job well. 

Claire: Dawn might be better off focusing her energies on her opponent rather than criticising Stephen Wilson for keeping a fair and consistent cadence to his counts.

Lohan got to her feet, and began to pull Jamie up with her. But Winters surprised her with an uppercut to the stomach. That stopped the blonde in her tracks before a second uppercut landed on the point of her chin, and sent Lohan staggering backwards. The Detroit crowd was getting louder as Jamie made it back to her feet, and fired Dawn into the corner. As soon as her back hit the turnbuckles, Jamie followed her in with a mid-air knee strike to the head. Lohan staggered out of the corner before Jamie lunged towards her, connecting with a backstabber! But she held on as they fell backwards to the mat, turning it into a submission. Wilson immediately dropped down to see if Dawn wanted to quit, but Lohan was within reach of the ropes and wrapped her hand around the bottom rope within seconds, forcing the break.

Claire: Jamie took that slight opening she was given by Lohan and kicked the door wide open!  Though Winters has to keep on top of her following her close escape from the submission.

Zack: That’s one of the first things they teach you in wrestling schools, knowing where you are in the ring at all times. Dawn showed some veteran skill in that submission.

Jamie got back to her feet, but was still feeling the effects from Dawn’s offense. She headed for the corner, and started to make her way up to the top rope. As soon as she was almost to the top, Dawn was on the move again and popped her head up between her legs. Jamie was now on Lohan’s shoulders as the blonde dropped her with an electric chair. She immediately went for the cover with a leg hook as the referee slid into position. 

Zack: Whatever Jamie had in mind wasn’t meant to be, and Lohan drilled her!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO!!

Jamie’s shoulder came up in time, causing Wilson to stop the count. Dawn sat up slowly, giving him another long look as he told her it was just a two. She gave him a second warning as she got to her feet. 

Claire: Dawn should have learnt from earlier. Chastising the referee just gives Jamie time to recover and turn this around on the Most Wonderful Performer. Wait till afterwards and give him his review if you have to.

Dawn headed for the ropes, and stepped out onto the apron again. She waved Jamie to get up as she began lining herself up on the outside. Dawn slid her elbow pad down, watched Jamie like a hawk from the apron.

Zack: I have a feeling she’s going to go for that springboard forearm. 

Jamie started to finally make it to her feet. Dawn immediately leapt onto the top rope, but Jamie charged the ropes and caused her to topple over it instead. She immediately rolled her into a small package as Wilson dove into position.

Zack: Here comes that forea---OHH, MAYBE NOT!!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Wilson called for the bell as Jamie rolled out of the ring. Her mouth agape as she caught her breath, she smiled when she heard the bell. Dawn sat up, staring a hole through Wilson as he stepped out to raise Jamie’s hand.

Claire: Winters caught Lohan before she could launch herself into that forearm and surprised her with the roll up to put Future Shock up by one after the opening contest! Dawn doesn’t look at all happy with the referee either!

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall………….JAMIE WINTERS!!

Zack: Jamie seized that opening, and made the most of it, to say the least! And you’re right on both counts. Dawn doesn’t look happy, and Future Shock is 1 for 5 so far tonight.

Jamie headed towards the ramp as Dawn gave Wilson a piece of her mind on his count before the show headed elsewhere in the arena.

The Experienced Repsone

A clip from the last edition of Future Shock is shown as the LJE are overwhelmed by the rampaging Doomsday Sisters, only to be briefly helped by Raven Knight before she deserted them. And then they were assisted by Angelina Fantastica surprisingly. As the clip concludes, we find both of the girls with Sara backstage.

Sara: After what everyone saw on the last show, I’m glad to see there were no serious injuries at all. That was one of the most chaotic tag matches I’ve ever seen in Future Shock, and the Doomsday Sisters continued it just as the show opened. How are you feeling? 

Jane took a deep breath which caused Laurie to freeze up as her partner spoke.

Jane: Hey Sara. How are we feeling? Physically, like you said, no serious injuries, no cracked ribs, no broken bones or anything. There are a couple of bumps and a fair few bruises but we’re okay...nothing that we probably couldn’t fight through. But you’re right, that was a pretty chaotic tag team match...even if it felt like a tag team match in name only. We certainly seemed to take the brunt of the Doomsday Sisters’ frustration after they came up short down under, after they got bitten by the Raging Dragons.

As Jane finished speaking Laurie seemed to come to life and nodded her head.

Laurie: Black and blue in places thanks to all three members of the Matriarchy really. If it wasn’t apparent to people before, let me tell you, those girls are strong and they hit like a truck. And I guess they are as difficult to control as a runaway train. And Raven...well...she started out helping. Until she chose not to help anymore. Honestly, you know, you make one mistake which can happen easily in a chaotic match like that.

Laurie shook her head. 

Jane: Yeah, she wasn’t exactly a great partner for that match - though I’m sure you’re going to want to get to that.

Sara: Well I can tell you for a fact that she wasn’t originally scheduled to be your partner that night. That’s why I was a little surprised when Andy Marx kinda wedged her into it without getting permission. As a matter of fact, it forced part of the card to be changed as a result due to what he did. Originally you were supposed to be teaming with River Campbell, which I think would have been a preferable partner.

Laurie: River would’ve been interesting to team with. She’s got that history against Jacqui and probably knows her inside out and back to front right now. I’d love to have teamed up with her and watched her brawl with the Matriarchy while I hit them at speed from angles. We’d have made one heck of a team, I think. Jacqui, Victoria and Sienna wouldn’t have known what would’ve hit ‘em. I guess Andy Marx saw an opportunity to put Raven in a position that she would love and really turn some heads. Even if she wasn’t really supposed to be involved.

Jane: River would have been a lot better, I’m sure there’d be a much greater chance of us all being on the same page. Plus, Campbell’s shown she can be a team player. Something Raven is NEVER going to be known for. 

Sara: Well I’m sure you are appreciative of the actions of Angelina Fantastica? I know you weren’t expecting it, none of us were. But I’d say she came in very handy at the time. 

Both girls nodded.

Laurie: Oh God yes. If she hadn’t turned up when she did, I’d have really gotten my ass kicked. I’ve already talked about how hard the Matriarchy hit with their bare hands. Now picture those big, strong, mean girls armed with a piece of lead piping and ready, willing and able to use anything not nailed down. It’d have been a warm up for what they did tonight against the Raging Dragons in the locker room. I’d be in much worse condition right now.

She froze up as Jane took over.

Jane: Yeah, if Angelina hadn’t shown up...we might’ve been able to put up some resistance but the numbers game would’ve taken its toll and counted eventually and you’d probably be stood here talking about some pretty serious injuries, asking Adam the question as to when we might be back in that ring. As Gia said on After Shock, she was a Guardian Angel...or Angelina….and it was great to see her back. It was great to see her really take the fight to all three of them.

Sara: I’d say if she ever finds herself in trouble, you might owe her one at this point. I’m going to guess that you wouldn’t balk at another round with the Doomsday Sisters after what they did or possibly even Raven after she left during the match. Is that accurate? 

Jane: We owe her one that’s for sure and we’ll be right there if she needs us. And no, after what happened two weeks ago in the main event, we’d LOVE another round with the Doomsday Sisters. We’d love the chance to get a measure of revenge and to beat and batter them; to smack them around a little bit….or a lot. Give them a real hurting.

Laurie unfroze with a nod of her head.

Laurie: Never going to refuse a match against our peers. A chance to push ourselves forwards and move closer to regaining the Future Shock Tag Team Championships down the line. On this occasion, though, another match with the Doomsday Sisters would be a little bit more personal. I’d give them everything I owe them; everything they deserve. As for Raven. Oh Heck yeah! I’d love to get her one on one in the ring. I know what she’s capable of. I know what she can do and how tough she is. But I owe her a little bit too after what happened in that six person match and if Andy Marx and her so badly want to get in that ring...there’s a willing participant right here. Any time she wants it.

As she said it, she raised her fists as if ready for the fight.

Laurie: I’ll go at her toe to toe and be that much better.

Voice: Matchmaker matchmaker make me a match…

That was the voice of Andy Marx as he arrived to stand behind Jane. He even rested his chin on her shoulder till it looked like she might hit him.

Andy: I knew I felt my ears burning. So you...Laurie...want a match with Raven? Well have I got good news for you. I can make that happen! But I think you owe her both a thank you AND an apology.

Sara: For what?

Andy: Thanks for being the partner till Laurie decided to kick her in the face. And sorry for kicking her in the face in the first place. You make this sound like Raven was in the wrong, she was all in...until she got a superkick. 

Jane: Touch me again and I’ll take a leaf out of Raven’s book and set your ears on fire.

Jane hissed at him.

Jane: And yeah, she can get a massive thank you for being a partner that hid in the back for half the match before she finally decided to play the hero and come on out with her lead pipe. Maybe she should apologise to us for leaving us high and dry for as long as she did.

Laurie took a deep breath.

Laurie: I’ll thank her for finally coming out, sure. Though a real partner wouldn’t have dawdled so much would they? River certainly wouldn’t have. As for saying sorry…

The younger woman froze.

Jane: Fuck, it was pretty much Raven’s fault she got kicked in the face. If she’d held Sienna a little tighter and not let her slip her grasp. But she didn’t. She got sloppy and over confident. There really wasn’t any need for her to throw a temper tantrum because she caught a glancing blow from a superkick. I thought she was a big girl.

Laurie came to life once more.

Laurie: As for saying sorry...I tried right after it happened. She didn’t listen. She still hit me with Knight Terrors. Now I’m more than happy to step into ring with her and beat my apology into her and thank her, oh so much, for being the type of tag partner that hits her partner with a knee and walks out on her.

Jane: And I’ll be right there to watch her back. Just in case you get any ideas or Raven decides she can’t be without a lead pipe or a lighter. 

Andy: Personal responsibility is truly dead, isn’t it, Sara? But you know what? I’ll see to it that Laurie here gets what she wants. Until she finds out she didn’t want it in the first place. Meanwhile, let me ask you something.

Andy puts an arm around Sara’s shoulder as he points towards Jane.

Andy: Are you feeling this sexual tension Jane here seems to have? I mean I’m happily taken, but I can’t be the only one who notices these smoldering looks she’s giving. 

He glances back at Jane.

Andy: Try to keep it under control, and I’ll go see about getting that match made. 

He flashes a grin towards her, and heads off camera, leaving Sara with the Experience alone once more 

Sara: I didn’t notice any sexual tension at all…

Jane: The man’s a fully fledged idiot. I’m surprised he’s not off running for office somewhere. Like a school board president or something.

Laurie: He’s kinda creepy to be honest. Kinda sleazy too. But if he gets me a match against Raven. Hell, bring it on. I’ll show her there are a lot worse things I could have done to her then catch her with a superkick and that I’m a lot tougher than I look.

The camera turns to see Andy heading for a door several yards away that appears to be Adam’s office before the show heads back to the ring.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 09:47:51 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 04:35:18 pm »

The show returns to the ring as the fans can see what the next match is going to be on the video wall before Lexi begins the introductions. 

Lexi: The following contest is scheduled for one fall to a finish. 

Zack: For those FFW fans who may be watching Future Shock for the first time, you’re about to see the newest champion that was crowned after a one night tournament to become the Diamond Champion. 

Claire: Carys won two matches back to back to earn the Championship that she has around her waist and is one of the most talented and experienced wrestlers to have ever stepped foot in Future Shock. Tonight, though, she has her work cut out for her.

His frost performed its art
And it has stained my tainted heart
Just leave me to my solitude
It's where I feel at home
Since that cold night
When my love cried

The synths give way to the heavier beats of Delain’s “Suckerpunch”, which brings a cheer from the crowd as the lights turn all colours of the rainbow. From the back steps Carys McFarlane. Stopping dead centre, she extends her arms out wide, spinning in a circle as pyro goes off around her.

Lexi: On her way to the ring, from Edinburgh, Scotland, weighing in at 130 pounds, please welcome the reigning Future Shock Diamond Champion “THE HUMAN PINBALL”, CARYS MCFARLANE!!

With the announcement out of the way, the young blonde takes off down the ramp, slamming her hands against the apron and using it to vault herself into a handspring and then onto the top rope, straddling it.

"Would you fall, give it all
Would you give it all for me?
Suckerpunch the demons from my dreams
Would you fall, give it all
Would you give it all for me?"
Get out of my dreams!

She drops from the rope and heads to the corner, leaping onto the turnbuckle and shouting out towards the crowd, a huge grin on her face. She then takes to the top buckle and vaults backwards, landing on her feet from a backflip. Finally, she heads towards her best friend and ring announcer, Lexi, high fiving her before she settles in her corner

Zack: Carys McFarlane has done about all there is to do in her career, and she just recently added the Diamond Championship to her resume as the first woman to hold it. But I think we can agree that title has almost cursed her at times, thanks to Cait Flanagan. 

Claire: Cait has certainly been very driven to try and make that title hers...from attacking Madyson Stone before the finals to stealing a title match in Sydney. Tonight could almost be something of a relief for Carys - a break from dealing with all of Cait and Kyle’s shenanigans. 

Look out, they're closing in on you now
Wake up, or you’ll wake up six feet down
Nobody's got your back in this town
Knock 'em. In the. Teeth. NOW!

The intro to Set It Off's "Killer in the Mirror" starts on the sound system, and lights start blinking in random colors as Tara Cortez struts onto the entrance ramp, with her manager Christian Kincaid right there with her. She stops right before the descent and pulls off a short dance move, crouching down only and taking a spin, proceeding to get back up, sliding her palms against her midriff before raising her hands her head... Only to nonchalantly wave the booing audience off as she brings her arms down again. Blowing raspberries, she then starts strutting down the entrance ramp, shaking her head at the fans in attendance as she makes her way to the ring.

Lexi: And her opponent, escorted to the ring by Christian Kincaid... From Fort Worth, Texas... "The 10-Star Prodigy..." TARA CORTEZ!

When Tara climbs into the ring, she makes her way to the ropes facing the hard camera, leaning onto them and posing for the audience, moving her arms much like in the same way she did earlier with her starting dance, raising her hands up high again, only to then wave the crowd off once again before she hops back down to the ring, making her way to her corner and sharing some last minute strategy with Christian.

Zack: Future Shock fans know this woman well. With the help of her sisters, she ran roughshod in Future Shock before making her way to FFW. She was on the first Impact event competing for this brand, and tonight, she’s representing FFW. I think Carys is about to have one of her stiffest challenges since coming to Future Shock in Tara. 

Claire: Thanks to all the help she got from sisters, the record shows that Tara was undefeated in Future Shock right up until her very last night before moving up to FFW when she lost the Future Shock Championship to Cassandra Steen. And along the way she picked up a pretty massive win over Nevaeh Summers on that first Impact. I’m sure she’ll be looking to be just as impressive tonight.

Referee Ashley Pruitt checked both of the girls for foreign objects, and then called for the bell. Carys started bouncing on the balls of her feet as Tara stretched in the opposite corner. The two met in the center with the crowd decidedly behind the Diamond Champion. Tara asked the referee to step closer, and told her to check Carys’ knee pads. The official gave her a curious look but leaned down to do that. As she patted them down, Tara fired a cross elbow shot to Carys’ jaw that sent her stumbling backwards. Cortez began firing forearms after that before shoving her back into the corner. She lowered her shoulder, and started driving shoulder thrusts into her body before using a snapmare out of the corner to take her down. Tara planted a knee against her back to apply a rear chinlock with a grin on her face. The referee was not amused. 

Zack: Tara got the referee to do exactly what she wanted, and got herself an opening right away in this match. It looks like she wants to keep Carys off her feet and on the mat, which isn’t a bad strategy.

Claire: Yeah, if she’s got Carys down, the Human Pinball can’t use any of that speed or high octane, high risk offence that she loves and it gives Tara all the openings that she could want to grind and wear down the veteran.

Carys didn’t stay in this hold very long before she turned to her side, and began to get to her feet. Tara turned it into a standing side headlock before pounding fists into the top of her head. McFarlane tried to shove her off, but Tara grabbed a handful of hair and pulled her back into the side headlock once again. The blonde tried to fire her off again, but Tara turned it into a running bulldog in the corner, causing the top of McFarlane’s head to strike the middle turnbuckle and put her on her knees. 

Zack: Tara doesn’t have nearly the experience that Carys does, but she makes up for that with having Christian as a manager. You’re seeing what a little knowledge can do for someone who is actually fairly new to this business in Tara.

Claire: To his credit, Christian always has his clients well prepared and with a gameplan in mind for them to execute in every match that they find themselves in. Tonight is no exception.

Tara started stomping her back to drive her down into the mat before pressing her face against the bottom turnbuckle. Then she put her boot to the back of her head, trying to smother her against it as the referee began a count. Tara began arguing with her about the legality of the hold, thus stopping the count and allowing her to smother Carys even longer. Pruitt finally caught on to it, and counted her down to four before she pulled her foot away. 

Claire: Tara’s playing the referee like a fiddle tonight. Pruitt’s one of the most experienced officials we’ve got - she has to be wise to all the tricks that Tara might pull out of the hat.

Zack: She’s got plenty of them, and the former Future Shock Champion has taken firm control in this match, to say the least. I wasn’t expecting it to start out this way, I have to admit.

Carys started to get her breath back before Tara draped her neck across the bottom rope, and then stood on her back to choke her again. The referee counted four before the brunette stepped off, and took off towards the far side. Tara rebounded into a baseball slide that stood her in front of Carys on the floor, and fired a palm thrust into her neck that sent her backwards into the ring to cough again. Cortez slid back in under the bottom rope, measuring Carys for an elbow drop to the back of her head when she was starting to get to her hands and knees. 

Zack: Everything’s been about taking the wind out of the Diamond Champion. If you can’t get your breath, that does make fighting back a whole lot more difficult. That palm thrust to the throat didn’t help matters. 

Claire: Nope, this is the perfect start to the match from Tara and Carys has to find a way to both suck in air and get out of the starting blocks in this contest. Or it’ll be a real long night for the Diamond Champion.

Cortez got back to her feet, and used hammering fists to Carys’ body to keep her down. She finally scooped her up, and hung her in the corner into a tree of woe. Clearly pleased with herself, she began stomping away at her body as the referee told her to let her out of the corner. The brunette held up her hands and sat Carys up to face the crowd. When she climbed up behind her to go for a suplex, Carys managed to fire a flurry of back elbows to her head before she could execute it. It knocked Tara back onto the canvas in a stumble before McFarlane climbed up and came off with a meteora. It drove Cortez into the mat, and Carys crawled forward a couple feet and was still trying to get her breath back in the process. 

Claire: We’re seeing the effects of Tara’s offence right here but that was one heck of a way for McFarlane to get back into this contest and buy herself a couple of moments to recover.

Zack: You aren’t kidding, and it was getting to be overdue for Carys to start a comeback. Tara was controlling this match pretty damn well for a little longer than Carys or these fans in Detroit would have liked.

Tara was back to her feet a second before Carys though, but she walked into a rapid fire succession of chops to the chest. Each one backed Tara up one step then another and another before the Diamond Champion whipped her across for the ride. Cortez rebounded into a release belly to belly suplex that sent the brunette crashing to the mat. The champion made it back to her feet not long after, and took off towards the ropes herself this time. As Tara was getting to her knees, Carys blasted her with a running hip attack to the head that sent her back to the mat.

Zack: There we go! Carys is starting to get a fire in her belly, and this is the kind of offense ol’ “10 Star” was looking to avoid! 

Claire: We’re seeing McFarlane start to up the tempo and increase the pace and this is real danger for Cortez. 

She pulled Tara back to her feet, and buried a few knees into her ribs before scooping her up into a falcon’s arrow! Cortez bounced off the mat before Carys rolled her over and hooked the leg for the cover. 

Zack: Shades of Casey Atherton right there, and it may pay off just as well for Carys!

ONE!!!

TW-NOO!!

Tara’s shoulder came up just before the two hit the mat, and Carys quickly got to her feet. She hit the ropes again, this time connecting with a rolling senton across her back as Tara was starting to get up again. McFarlane headed for the corner next, and extended her arms as she walked across the top rope like an acrobat. When Tara made it back to her feet, the Diamond Champion launched off it with a blockbuster!

Claire: Carys obviously doesn’t have the faith of Casey Atherton but she’s still rolling and that was a beautiful blockbuster neckbreaker from McFarlane! I don’t think Tara’s experienced anyone with quite the same skill set as this before!

With the crowd behind her, Carys doubled back to the corner again. She made her way up top before Christian reached into the ring, pulling Tara towards him by the foot to the apron. The champion looked a little annoyed as she hopped back to the mat. Christian started talking to his client as Tara was getting her bearings. Carys tried to go get her, but the referee intercepted her since Tara was in the ropes. 

Claire: Good management from Christian there, he saw his client was in trouble and got her a chance to regroup. Though Carys, understandably, isn’t that happy with him interfering like that.

Zack: No reason for her to be. And the referee has to keep her back because Tara is technically in the ropes...even if it’s more underneath the ropes.

He whispered something into her ear before Tara rolled back inside the ring. She finally got up again before Carys took off towards her. Whatever she had in mind didn’t work out well though as Tara scooped her up as she was coming forward into a stun gun across the top rope. It shot Carys back to the mat clutching her throat as Tara sat up, taking in a few deep breaths of her own before rolling out to the floor and dragging Carys by the arm towards the corner. 

Claire: Just like that, Tara swings the momentum back in her favour and leaves Carys gasping for breath. And it looks like Cortez has pretty evil intentions for her opponent right now.

Zack: I’m not sure what she has in mind on the outside with Carys in the ring. She can’t pin her out there, nor make her submit.

The blonde was still trying to get her breath as Tara grabbed two handfuls of her long hair, almost like she was about to braid it before she started wrapping it together. Christian handed her a rubber band to keep the loose braid in place around the post before she rolled back into the ring. Carys tried to sit up, but got yanked back down by her hair before Tara began stomping away at her furiously. 

Claire: Tara’s tied Carys to the ringpost by her hair!!! She’s stomping the air right out of her!! She could crack her ribs while she’s got her trapped!!

Zack: I’ve never seen that before! Carys’ long golden locks are proving to be one hell of a detriment tonight in Detroit!

Carys tried to roll away from her, but still couldn’t get hardly any distance before her tied hair jerked her back into place. Cortez grabbed her feet, and fell backwards into a catapult that sent the Diamond Champion face first into the bottom turnbuckle. Pruitt stepped out to the floor and headed around the corner to try to untie Carys’ hair as Tara stepped on her neck inside the ring to choke her again.

Claire: Pruitt’s got to something and quickly!! Tara’s mugging Carys right here and that’s not a damned thing the Diamond Champion can do about it while she’s tied up like a dog on a lead!!

Zack: Another problem is that Tara can keep pounding on her there, and Carys can’t lay still long enough for the referee to do much about it yet. It’s hard to untie hair when she’s trying to get away.

Pruitt finally got her hand on the rubber band, and was trying to pull it free before Tara grabbed Carys’ feet and yanked her forward. The knot in her hair caught the post, and stopped her from going any further, also making the champion shout as her hair was being pulled by the referee on the outside as she tried to remove the rubber band again. Tara quickly bounced off the near side, and connected with a double knee drop to her chest before she rolled her legs up for the cover. Christian told the referee to count the fall, stopping her from what she was doing to roll into the ring to do that.

Zack: This is like shooting fish in a barrel for Cortez, and I can’t believe she may be about to win this match like this!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THR-NOO!!!

Carys grabbed the bottom rope with her hand, causing the referee to stop counting and roll back out again to try to untether the Diamond Champion’s hair from the ring post. 

Claire: Carys is caught in the corner and taking one heck of a beating right here...but that might also have just saved her bacon on that pinfall. Pruitt has to get her free, otherwise it’s merely delaying the inevitable.

Tara got back to her feet, amused to no end as she reached down to grab Carys again. But this time, the champion caught her with a boot to the face. McFarlane grabbed the bottom rope with both hands as the referee was working feverishly to pull the rubber band free. Tara came forward again, catching another  boot to the face and to the chest before the rubber band was finally removed. Pruitt tossed it away, and Carys pulled herself to her feet. The look of anger on her face was thunderous before she launched forward into a Thesz press, taking Tara down and unloading with furious right hands to her head!

Claire: Carys is free!! And is absolutely furious right now!! Look at the way she’s taking Tara to task and just hammering at her with those right hands!!!

Zack: Damn right she is, and you can’t really blame her for it! I’m pretty sure any woman on the roster would be livid after that!

The Detroit crowd was thunderous now as Carys continued to hammer right hands. She popped back to her feet, and fired Tara into the corner. She followed her in with a big splash before shoving her out of the corner. As Cortez stumbled away, Carys hopped up to the second turnbuckle from the inside. Before Tara could turn around, Carys landed a reverse rana that spiked the top of her head into the mat. She quickly rolled her over to make the cover as Pruitt slid into position.

Zack: Jesus, what impact! I think Carys tried to make Tara’s head a permanent part of the ring right there!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO!!

Tara got her leg across the bottom rope, causing the referee to stop the count as Carys got back to her feet. She dragged Tara away from the ropes, and returned to scale the corner one more time. 

Claire: Excellent ring awareness from the “10 star” wrestler there. But she’s poked the beast and I think Carys is happy to take any excuse to maul Tara a little bit longer!

Carys got into position quickly, and delivered a split-legged corkscrew moonsault that landed...on the canvas when Tara rolled out of the way. The brunette rolled onto her stomach, and was fiddling with something before she got to her feet. When Carys got up, Tara caught her with a haymaker on the jaw that dropped her like a rock. The referee was stunned by that as Cortez dove into the cover before the official made the count. 

Zack: Wait a minute! Tara’s not known for having a knockout punch, not unless…

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Pruitt called for the bell as Tara rolled away from her, keeping her back to the referee before she removed the 10 Star ring off her finger and palmed it over to her manager before getting back to her feet. The referee raised her hand in victory as Christian headed up the steps.

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall………………..’10 STAR’ TARA CORTEZ!!!

Claire: Tara still had one more trick up her sleeve tonight and it’s gotten her another win on Impact!! Carys might well have 10 little star shaped bruises forming right on her jaw about now.

Christian raised her other hand after getting into the ring, and both of them received deafening boos from the fans in attendance. Tara leaned against the corner, trying to pull herself together for a moment before stepping out to the floor.

Zack: FFW puts a win in the record book tonight, and you can thank a rubber band and that stupid ring for this one. 

Claire: Tara certainly went all out tonight and was certainly innovative in parts of her strategy. But it’s testament to how tough a competitor Carys is that she was able to fight through all of it and came with a heartbeat of picking up a huge win for Future Shock tonight. Before it was stolen away from her.

Christian gave her the ring back as they headed up the ramp. She slipped it on her finger and kissed it with a smile on her face before the show headed elsewhere inside the arena.

The Markswoman

The show changes to the interior or an old school arcade, with VR games as well as cabinets set up with many classic arcade games from the past to today. As the camera pans around, it shows a few kids playing and seems to focus on a trio of them playing a cowboy style western shooter….and having a lot of trouble. 

Toby: Okay, okay, here comes the boss again! 

Max: I know, I know. Dude’s killed me like four times already. Shut up!

The boss character pops up on the screen as Max begins firing the toy gun at the screen, but is immediately defeated once again before the boss starts laughing at him.Toby looks over to his friend. 

Toby: Okay, you clearly don’t know what you’re doing. Give me the gun, and I’ll do it myself, little brother.

Max begrudgingly hands him the light gun, and Toby taps the button to continue since it’s on free play. The game picks up again, and Toby is picking off bad guys left and right until he hears the familiar boss theme. He tenses up as soon as the boss pops up, and starts firing at him. But just like his brother, he doesn’t get the shot before the boss gets him.

Max: Oh yeah, you really showed me. What was that, 2 seconds before he got you? 

Toby: Shut up! So I’m not a marksman or whatever they call them.

Female Voice: You boys need some help or what?

The female voice that comes from behind them is soft and friendly, and as they turn back they see a Latina with her arms crossed and casting a soft smile at them.

Female: This is one of my favorite games to play when I’m out’n about. And I heard you guys needed a marksman.

Max: Go ahead, it’s a good thing this is on free play or we’d be out some serious cash by now.

Toby handed the brunette the light gun, and gestured for her to go for it before he pressed the button to continue where they left off.

Female: Don’t worry about that. Lemme show you what you guys need to do…

As soon as the stage replays again, she proves why she’s a markswoman: without hesitation, almost like she wasn’t even BREATHING, she dispatched the enemies on screen with a single shot to each one of them. Headshot after headshot, with lightning fast reloads after every round was empty. At her worst, she’d take half a second to aim at further away enemies before pulling the trigger, and down they went. She only spoke up again after the last wave was done and the boss was making its entrance.

Female: You gotta aim for the forehead everytime. That’s how they fall!

Toby: See, Max?! That’s what I was trying to tell you!

Max: SHUT UP, TOBY! You didn’t say a thing!

The girl then takes her aim and waits patiently for the crosshair to appear on screen again. As soon as the boss-like character starts lifting their weapon, as well as the lackeys, the woman shoots.

Headshot after headshot, naturally. The boss and its cadre collapse in a matter of less than 5 seconds. And as the stage is declared clear, the woman spins the faux-gun in her finger before handing it over to one of the boys. She turns and walks past the camera before the viewers hear her say.

Female: I don’t miss. 

ALEJANDRA GARCIA….coming soon to Future Shock.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 09:48:35 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 04:35:33 pm »

The show heads back to the ring, and a buzz begins as the fans see what match is coming up next via the video wall.

Lexi: The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is a submission rules match!

Zack: Only two women in Future Shock history have ever competed in a match like this, that being the “Lioness” Elizabeth Lannister and “Midnight” Mila Martin. But we’re about to change that. 

Claire: This one might not have the history or the bad blood that the Lioness and Midnight had between them, but I’m sure this will be just as technical and both wrestlers will be just as determined to leave with the victory tonight!

The sounds of "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol begins to play as purple strobe lights flash on the darkened stage. A woman starts to rise up from under the stage with her back to the crowd before looking over her shoulder with a smile. 

Last night a little dancer, came dancin' to my door
Last night a little angel, came pumping on my floor
She said come on baby, you got a license for love

The fans give her a very warm response as she bounces down the stage to the music, greeting several fans at ringside and even taking selfies with a couple before rolling under the bottom rope. She shucks off her ring jacket as the lights come up.

Lexi: Introducing from London, England....please welcome....ARABELLA TOWNSHEND!!

Arabella gives Lexi a little hip bump as she passes her, and climbs up onto the turnbuckle to rally the fans as her music fades out.

Zack: There were some who were questioning how adept Arabella would be in a match like this, but she answered that question on the last edition of Future Shock when she tapped out Cassie Mason. And I understand that she knows a few besides that knee bar. 

Claire: Arabella certainly laid down a marker in her last match against Cassie Mason as she showed off some new strings to her bow. I look forward to seeing what else she has in her locker tonight against Cassandra Steen.

The opening bars of “You Call Me A Bitch Like It’s A Bad Thing” begin to play through the speakers around the arena and the lights on the stage go out leaving it darkness.

You took me to your little crib
Guess it must have been a big deal
Got me starring in your wet dream
Now it's time to get real
I'm not looking for love
No not today
But you call me up and had the nerve to say
See you next Tuesday

A white spotlight hits the centre of stage to see Cassandra Steen standing in the middle of it with her manager, Dante Knox standing slightly to the side. The crowd instantly show their disdain for the pair with a loud chorus of boos. Neither Cassandra nor Dante seem phased at all by this and in fact seem to revel in it. A smirk curling on Cassandra’s lips as she surveys the crowd. 

You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing
You call me a freak like that means something
Can't get your way so you're sulking
I think we know the rest
Get it off your chest
I don't give a shit
I love it when you call me a bitch like it's a bad thing

Cassandra begins her walk down the ramp to the ring slowly with Dante walking beside her, Cassandra surveying the crowd either side of her as she does. Still she doesn’t seem particularly bothered by the less than favourable yells from the crowd as she whispers something to her manager.

Lexi: Making her way to the ring, from Leeds, England, and accompanied by her manager, Dante Knox, she is ……………….CASSANDRA STEEN!

You show up everywhere I go
Get a grip you're acting so weird
I don't need your jager bombs
I think I can take it from here
You gotta learn to leave when the party ends
I don't really care what you tell your friends
Tell me again

As she reaches the ring, Cassandra climbs the steps and takes another moment to look around at the crowd as Dante holds the ropes open for her to enter between the middle and top ropes. 

You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing
You call me a freak like that means something
Can't get your way so you're angry
I think we know the rest
Get it off your chest
I don't give a shit
I love it when you call me a bitch

Cassandra’s music comes to an end and as it fades out, she makes her way to her corner and leans back against the turnbuckles and rests one arm on the ropes beside her, as she shares some last minute words with her manager.

Zack: This will mark Cassandra’s first match since losing the No Surrender Championship at Unstoppable 11. And it was that match that created this one when Arabella disarmed her of a roll of quarters she was prepared to use, as she had in several matches.

Claire: If Arabella hadn’t interjected herself, Cassandra might have stolen another match from Lilly Arthur and might still be the No Surrender Champion today. Arabella has her work cut out for her against a very accomplished technical wrestler.

Referee Malcolm Parks ensured neither woman had any illegal objects before he called for the bell to start the match. The Detroit crowd immediately began to show Arabella support, bringing a smile to her face as a result. Dante climbed up onto the apron and called her name as he waved a roll of quarters around. As Parks went to get him down, Arabella looked towards him and that gave Cassandra her opening. The former No Surrender Champion blindsided her with a running forearm to the side of her head. Several more shots landed in quick succession before Arabella leaned against the corner. Steen hooked her leg around the middle rope and began firing kicks into her thigh before the referee made her step back since Arabella was in the ropes. As soon as Townshend stepped forward, Cassandra dove for her leg again but caught a short knee to the face from Arabella that stunned her. 

Zack: Well I guess we don’t have to speculate on what Cassandra is going to be focusing her attack on tonight, do we? I hope the referee got that roll of quarters away from Knox too.

Claire: I hope so...though Parks might just be as well to send him to the back just to be on the safe side. Still, Steen has called her shot here and Arabella needs to be careful and protect that leg tonight.

Arabella came forward, shaking her leg a moment before nailing Cassandra with a discus punch to the jaw. It rocked the brunette back another step before Townshend used a drop toe hold to send Steen face first into the bottom turnbuckle. She dragged the former No Surrender Champion out of the corner by her foot as Cassandra rolled onto her back. She tried to kick her with the other leg, but Arabella grabbed that foot as well. With her legs spread apart, Arabella raised her foot as if she were going to stomp her between the legs. The idea certainly pleased the crowd before she ultimately went for a double leg drop between them instead.

Zack: Sounds like Detroit was looking for Cassandra to leave with no social plans for the evening. Now Arabella has her grounded, and would do well to keep her that way.

Claire: This is certainly the time for Arabella to start to put in the hard yards and soften up Cassandra for a submission hold later on this evening. Unless Townshend is planning to just pound her into submission - though could take her a while, Steen is a tough woman.

She quickly got to her feet, and pulled Cassandra up with her this time. A couple short forearms found the mark before she whipped her into the far corner. Steen landed chest first against it, causing her to stumble back in pain before Arabella bounced off the near side closest to her, using the ropes for a springboard into a knee strike to the jaw. It sent Steen down to the mat, and Townshend went for her first submission immediately by planting a foot in her back to use a standing surfboard.

Zack: Now we’re seeing what Arabella has in store, I think. She’s got that foot planted, and is beginning to drain Steen’s resolve. The problem with this hold, Claire, is there’s no way out of it too much, is there? 

Claire: No, you ever had to have fallen lucky with your positioning in the ring to kick out a foot to the ropes, or you’ve got to hope you can somehow get your arm free to give you a couple more options. Otherwise you’re trapped in this until your opponent gets bored or you give.

Arabella pulled back on her arms, and the referee knelt down next to Cassandra to see if she wanted to stop the match. The look he got told him she didn’t, and Arabella followed up with a big stomp into her lower back. This time though, she began to grind the heel of her foot as well into the small of Cassandra’s back. The Yorkshire lass grimaced in pain as Arabella continued digging her heel into the small of her back. 

Claire: Arabella looking to make this hold that much more painful, using every part of her foot to wear down Cassandra’s core and go to work on her spine too. This smart from Arabella to widen her options for later on in the contest.

Zack: Steen’s in a bad way right now. The longer this stays applied, the worse it’s going to be if she ever manages to get out of it. Arabella’s not showing me any signs she’s tired of it yet.

Dante tried to grab Cassandra’s foot to put it closer to the rope, but the referee caught it immediately and threatened to eject him if he did it again. Meanwhile Arabella began to stomp at her lower back with that same foot. Four stomps in a row landed before one stomp caught Cassandra on the back of her head before she drove the heel of her boot right back into Steen’s lower back. 

Zack: This standing surfboard requires next to no energy to maintain, and look at Arabella here. Win or lose, I don’t think Cassandra’s gonna be standing up straight tonight too much.

Claire: With those stomps, Arabella’s going to leave a copy of her boot tread on her back! The Yorkshire lass has to do something, somehow to find a way to get out of this hold quickly, otherwise this match only has one outcome.

Dante climbed up onto the apron again, but Arabella quickly let go and turned towards him. She swiped at him to try to grab him, which gave Cassandra a chance to roll away from her finally. Steen clutched her lower back in pain as she sat up on her knees, while her manager hopped back down to the floor. Townshend turned her attention back to the match, and measured Cassandra for a running boot as she was starting to get up again. But as she got close, Steen caught her foot into a dragon screw leg whip to take her down to the mat. Not able to sit up straight on her knees, Steen’s teeth gritted as she started spiking Townshend’s knee into the canvas repeatedly. She finally relented, but was leaning forward because she couldn’t be upright without hurting. 

Claire: Dante earned his money and saved Cassandra from the surfboard hold but as we can see the damage has been done! Steen has to look to put this one away in double quick time right now.

Zack: Arabella almost got a clean shot on my obnoxious broadcast partner for FFW shows and events. I wouldn’t have minded it if she knocked a few molars loose.

Steen rolled out under the bottom rope to the floor, still leaning forward as her hand clutched her lower back. The pain seemed to motivate her more as she dragged Arabella’s leg towards the apron. When Parks began his count, Cassandra snapped her knee across the edge of the ring three times, causing the London beauty to roll over to her side and clutch her knee in pain. Then Cassandra pulled her towards the post, and rammed her ankle into it. That caused Townshend to shout before steen wrapped her ankle around the post a second time. The referee admonished her as he got to a seven count, and she rolled back into the ring. 

Zack: She’s wrecking her knee and her ankle, Claire. I’m starting to have flashbacks to how she put Lydia Charisma out of wrestling for a while when she broke her ankle. Arabella could be in for the same fate. 

Claire: Steen might not be able to stand up straight, Zack and in retaliation she’s looking to make sure Arabella can’t stand up at all!! We’ve found out on numerous occasions just how ruthless Cassandra can be inside that ring.

When she got to her feet, she began stomping away at Arabella’s calf before the former Nova Champion rolled away from her towards the ropes. Cassandra didn’t let her get far as she stalked towards her, still leaning forward in pain before she grabbed her feet and applied a gorilla clutch, capturing both of Arabella’s feet and in her hands as Townshend’s upper body writhed in pain. She tried to walk on her hands to get them to the ropes, but Steen dragged her back to the center. It was easy to see this hold was hurting Cassandra too, since she was having to stand up as straight as she could to get the full effect. 

Claire: I don’t think I’ve ever seen Cassandra use this hold before but it’s definitely going to do a good job for her, putting a lot of pressure on her foes knee and ankle. Arabella has to get to the ropes if she can and force the break.

Zack: It’s definitely a new hold for her. I think she might have been watching some of Misha LeCavalier’s matches over in SVW, because this is one of her favorites. 

Arabella pushed up on her hands again as the referee asked her about stopping the match. She shook her head, and started trying to walk them back to the ropes again. Cassandra let her get almost to them before she would pull her back to the center again. Dante shouted at Townshend to quit, but she wasn’t listening. Instead Arabella pushed up on her hands again and managed to roll through, sending Cassandra stumbling forward. She tried to get to her feet quickly, only to get a chop block from the previous No Surrender Champion followed by a Texas cloverleaf submission.

Zack: Arabella’s pretty damn flexible, she managed to roll her body under Cassandra and catapult her forward. Not that it did much good for very long though. 

Claire: Not at all, we’re seeing why Cassandra is a former No Surrender Champion as she goes straight back after that leg. 

Parks got back into position again to see about the submission, but Arabella still showed no signs she wanted to quit. Instead she began trying to reach for the ropes since they were much closer this time around. She managed to grab the bottom rope with her hand, causing the referee to call for the break. Cassandra did so at four, and Arabella propelled herself to roll out of the ring to the floor. 

Zack: Townshend’s looking for some relief. She can’t be made to submit on the floor obviously, but that won’t stop Cassandra from going to get her. Plus she’s now in Knox’s territory. 

Claire: Parks and Arabella need to be aware of the threat from that so called Canadian pest. But this gives her a chance to get her bearings and break up Cassandra’s momentum. Give Townshend a lot of credit for her ring smarts here.

It was almost like the referee heard the commentary as he pointed the finger at Knox, warning him to stay back. The manager backed up around the corner with his hands up as Cassandra gingerly stepped through the ropes to go get her. The referee warned her too about fighting on the outside, and to get the match back in the ring. And while he did that, Arabella had made it to her feet and swept Cassandra’s feet out from under her on the apron. Steen landed butt first onto the edge of the ring, almost like an atomic drop and she froze in pain! The Detroit crowd was getting behind Arabella again, who was using the apron to hold herself up at the moment.

Claire: That’s gonna smart!! Townshend using the ring like a tag partner there to go straight back after Steen’s back! This could be the opening the Londoner needs against her fellow Brit.

Zack: The frame of that mat is pure metal. And Cassandra’s body may be in shock right now because that had to jar her spine. And that’s been a point of attack from Arabella tonight.

The former Nova Champion slid back into the ring as Cassandra was still practically frozen where she sat on the apron. Townshend made it back to her feet with the help of the ropes. She moved towards the Yorkshire lass, and fired a hard kick into her back! The shot sent Cassandra off the apron down to the floor, her mouth agape in pain as she laid on her side bent over in pain. Knox immediately moved around towards her, trying to help her up as Arabella was working to get her left leg in order again.

Zack: That had to have a seismic effect sending shockwaves up Cassandra’s back! Even with one leg, Arabella can kick like a mule! Do you think Cassandra came into tonight expecting this much out of Arabella? 

Claire: I know Cassandra can be confident to the point it borders on arrogance, but for all of her talk, she would have done her homework and I doubt she’d have underestimated her opponent. I think we’re seeing Arabella taking her opportunities and imposing herself on this match.

Dante helped Cassandra back onto the apron, letting her roll back into the ring. Arabella was starting to be able to put some weight on her leg again. And when she saw Cassandra starting to get up, she circled in behind her and grabbed a rear waistlock before snapping off a German suplex. Cassandra’s face was apoplectic as Arabella struggled to roll through, and pull her up again for another German suplex. The struggle was evident on Townshend’s face too as she fought to get back to her feet to deliver one more, this time a release German suplex that sent Cassandra into the mat in a heap. 

Claire: Arabella is fighting through the pain here to deliver these German suplexes but each one has done more and more damage to Steen’s back and I’m sure Arabella has something in mind to put her away here.

Zack: I think you’re right. I don’t see how either one of them can have much left in the tank at this point. They have been doing all manner of punishment to each other’s bodies.

Arabella had the Detroit crowd behind her again, chanting her name as she was struggling to get to her feet. She pulled Cassandra towards her, grabbing both of her feet into a bridging cross legged Boston crab! Townshend arched backwards unsteadily as Cassandra’s face wrenched in pain!

Zack: She told me about this one, Claire! She calls that the MARBLE ARCH! And look at the torque on Cassandra’s back! It has to feel like it’s gonna snap!

Claire: Dear God!!! You think she got inspiration from Mileena - after what she did to Charity in SVW?!? She’s almost bending Cassandra Steen in half here!!! Steen has to be in agony!

Parks immediately dropped down in front of Cassandra, asking her if she wanted to stop the match. But the brunette’s face seized with pain as Arabella leaned back just a little further, practically bending her into an inverted C. Unfortunately though, Arabella’s leg started to wobble and she collapsed to her knees on the canvas. 

Zack: Cassandra’s damage to her left leg and ankle may have just saved her right there. Arabella’s leg gave out under the pressure, and that was hard to look at.

Claire: All that work Steen put in targeting the leg paid off for her. Cassandra though can’t afford to hang around - she’s got to make this opening count and do her damnedest to put Arabella away!!

Cassandra seized on the opening as she rolled around, and quickly snatched up Arabella’s leg into a grapevine and applied her ankle lock. The previou Nova Champion shouted in pain as Cassandra was able to lock the hold in while laying on the canvas. Arabella desperately tried to get to the ropes as the referee was checking to see if she wanted to stop the match. 

Claire: Arabella’s trapped right in the middle of the ring!! Cassandra’s got her leg caught and is wrenching and ripping at her ankle!! She might cause all sorts of tendons and ligaments to pop and tear in this hold!!

Dante screamed at Townshend she was going to have her ankle broken as the raven-haired beauty scratched towards the ropes...but made no progress. And finally, she tapped out. Parks called for the bell as Knox celebrated at ringside before rushing the ring. Steen released the hold as Dante helped her sit up. She leaned against the bottom rope as he congratulated her, and helped her to her feet when she got her hand raised.

Zack: Quick thinking on the part of Cassandra, and she was able to get that ankle lock applied on the mat! Arabella had nowhere to go, and Cassandra earned herself a very hard-fought win tonight and a W on the scoreboard for FFW too.

Lexi: Your winner by submission……..CASSANDRA STEEN!!

Claire: Steen made herself a dead weight as she applied all of that pressure on her opponent’s ankle to the point where Arabella really didn’t have any choice but to tap. Full credit to the Londoner though, she pushed a former No Surrender Champion every step of the way and just look at the toll this match has taken on Steen!

Cassandra still wasn’t able to stand up totally straight, causing Dante to put her arm around his shoulders as he praised her effusively. She looked rather agitated at Arabella on the mat before nodding her head after hearing the ring announcement. 

Zack: Both of these women are gonna need some serious recovery time over the next couple weeks. They fought like their lives depended on it, and it was Cassandra who showed some veteran chops and seized the moment tonight in Detroit.

Claire: They certainly went all out tonight for the victory and they’re going to need all the ice packs and the attention of the medics to patch them up and ease the pain and agony they’ll be feeling after torturing each other.

As Dante started to help Cassandra towards the back after getting her out of the ring, the show cut elsewhere inside the Little Caesars Arena. 

Global Wars Comes to Future Shock

The show returns backstage inside the Little Caesars Arena, where we find Sara alongside the Future Shock Director Adam Grant. She smiles at the camera before she begins.

Sara: I’m here with Adam, and you dropped a surprise on everyone on Twitter earlier tonight before the show when you announced you were bringing Global Wars to Future Shock.

Adam: Well it’s true. I am. I knew several weeks ago that Samantha was retiring the show from the FFW roster, so I discussed it with her about having Future Shock do their own version. She consented, and here we are. Though our version is going to run slightly differently to the way FFW did it. Besides that, I knew it was the right call when I kept seeing roster and fans both saying they were going to miss it.

Sara: That’s fair. How is your version going to be different from the FFW version?

Adam: Well for one, it was always random tag teams for many years. I’m not going to do that. It’s going to be one girl representing the countries involved this year.

Sara: Well can you tell me who they all are?

Adam: I’ll tell you the countries, and in more than one case, you should know exactly who it is. But the others, you’ll find out. We’ll have the USA, of course. We’ll have England, Scotland, Canada, Northern Ireland, and Italy.

Sara: 6 countries in all then!

Adam: That’s right, you’ll see them all competing for the Global Wars gold medal in a series of matches worth points. Whoever has the most points at the end of the series will get the medal and a shot at the Future Shock Championship. I’ll be revealing the names as we go along, but that’s a lot right there.

Sara: It really is! Fans, Global Wars is coming to Future Shock with seven countries being represented. I’m looking forward to seeing who will be representing some of those countries, since I can kinda guess on the others. Thanks for talking with me tonight, Adam.

She shakes hands with him before the show heads back to the ring.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 11:13:09 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 04:35:45 pm »

The show returns to the ring, and finds Lexi once again front and center. Also noticeable on the outside is Dante Knox, who is still there after the last match involving Cassandra and Arabella. 

Lexi: The following contest is a singles match scheduled for one fall to a finish. 

Zack: During that backstage segment you just saw. Knox made sure to help his client to the back and he returned to ringside. Personally I’ve seen enough of him for a month of Sundays. 

Claire: He hangs around like a bad smell doesn’t he? He might want to be a little bit wary though - the last time Lilly got her hands on him at ringside was when he stepped out of the shark cage and it did not end well for him.

The sound of a guitar strumming subtly begins to echo in the arena, leaving those in attendance wondering what is going on. The angelic voice of one Lzzy Hale of the band Halestorm is heard next, her voice serenely starting the opening verse of “I Am The Fire.”

Am I brave enough?
Am I strong enough?
To follow the desire
That burns from within
To push away my fear
To stand where I'm afraid
I am through with this
'Cause I am more than this
I promise to myself
Alone and no one else
My flame is rising higher.

As the song picks up the tempo, her voice becomes more intense, kicking into the chorus.

I am the fire
I am burning brighter
Roaring like a storm

Midway through the chorus, the curtains part and out walks the pride of Calgary herself, Sydney Christensen.  She steps out to the middle of the stage and juts her arms out on either side of her, tossing her head back as the fans show their appreciation. She picks her head up and slowly brings her arms in front of her, her index fingers pointing down to the ring. Dropping her arms to her side, she begins her march towards the ring, nodding at a few fans along the way. Once she reaches the ring, she hops up onto the apron and steps through the bottom and middle ropes. Almost immediately, Sydney walks over to the ropes and raises her arms above her head, encouraging the fans as they cheer on the proud Canadian. Sydney then walks over to one corner of the ring and rests her back against the turnbuckle, awaiting her opponent as her music fades out on one poignant line of the chorus.

And I am the one I've been waiting for
Screaming like a siren
Alive and burning brighter
I am the fire!

Lexi: Introducing from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, this is…...SYDNEY CHRISTENSEN!!

Zack: There’s no question that Sydney has become a lot more aggressive in recent months, earning the nickname I gave her of Syd Vicious. But tonight, she’s out here to right a perceived wrong of her manager being put in a shark cage at Unstoppable 11. 

Claire: Yeah, it takes a special kind of delusional to believe that story being told doesn’t it? Maybe if Dante learned to keep his hands to himself and his life savings in his pocket rather than lending them to his clients, he would never have found himself in one. Anyway, I’m sure Sydney will be every bit as vicious as we’ve come to expect in these last couple of months and Lilly will need to be at her best to avoid injury tonight.

“All Stand Up” by Status Quo starts to play as the young lady runs out onto stage with the championship belt around her waist, heading to one side she urges the crowd to their feet, clapping her hands above her head. Skipping across to the other side, she waves them to their feet as she once more claps her hands over head. Quickly moving back to the ramp, she sprints down to the ring, sliding underneath the bottom rope and getting to her feet quickly. Bouncing off the ropes she powerslides across the ring on her knees before hopping to her feet and continuing to rally the crowd by stomping on the mat and clapping as she heads for her corner, climbing to the middle turnbuckle and holding the title high above her head before getting ready for the match to start.

Lexi: The young lady approaching the ring comes from Sheffield, England by way of New York City, New York. She is 5’7” tall, she weighs 144 lbs and she is the reigning FFW No Surrender Champion….LILLY ARTHUR!!!

Zack: Tonight’s the first time Lilly’s seen action since she won the championship at Unstoppable 11. The title is NOT on the line since they are on separate rosters, but you can bet your money that won’t mean Lilly will be going half speed at all. 

Claire: Not in the slightest. Lilly hasn’t let up a single bit since she won that title - if anything she’s been training harder than ever and looking forward to this match against Sydney. She’s determined to pick up a win for the main roster tonight.

Referee Kevin Fisk checked both women, and called for the bell to start the match. Dante was already giving his client advice as he stood in her corner, pointing towards Lilly as he apparently was of the mind she had a weakness to exploit. Sydney nodded her head as she headed towards the center, not taking her eyes off the No Surrender Champion as she met her there. The Canadian held up her hand, inviting Lilly to a test of strength. Not one to back down from a challenge, Lilly reached her hand up to take it when Sydney jammed her thumb in her eye with the other hand. A rake of her face followed that before the Canadian pushed her face into her knee and stomped the mat. That stunned the champion for a moment before Sydney fired her chest first into the corner. As soon as she landed, Christensen followed her in with a splash and then raked her eyes along the top rope. She put her down with a side Russian leg sweep, and the referee admonished her about using the ropes as Dante was taunting the downed Brit less than three from her from the outside. 

Claire: Well, Dante was right about her having a weakness...there’s nothing anyone can do to strengthen up their eyes and protect themselves from the sort of abuse Sydney’s been doling out with her fingernails and the ring rope.

Zack: How much of this do you think was spurred on by Knox? He’s had issues with Lilly for months, all dating back to the first Impact when she faced Cassandra for the first time.

As the brunette tried to get up, Sydney began to put the boots to her with impunity. Several stomps landed on the back of her head before Sydney pulled her up to her feet. She shoved her into the ropes chest first, and drove a knee into her kidneys as she stumbled backwards. The shot froze her before Sydney scooped her up with ease for a backbreaker across her knee. Arthur tried to roll away from her after impact, but Sydney drove an elbow into her lower back before she could get too far. She spun her around to face the ropes before sitting down into a camel clutch, which allowed Dante to move in front of her and berate her when she couldn’t do anything about it.

Claire: I think a lot of this has been spurred on by Knox. Look at him. He’s not skipping any opportunity to trash talk Lilly while she’s trapped. I’m sure she’ll shut him up sooner or later.

Zack: He’s got a lot of class, and all of it low, as far as I’m concerned. You have to wonder what makes these clients of his so protective of him? I work with him every week, and can’t stand him.

Sydney leaned back in the hold, pulling Lilly up a little more with her before she rested again. Knox continued to talk trash to her, insulting her as the referee checked to see if the No Surrender Champion wanted to quit. Lilly immediately made it clear she didn’t, and jerked one of her arms free. And that was all she needed to do to grab the ropes. Fisk gave Sydney a count to break, and she did on four before backing away with her hands up. The referee admonished her again, allowing Knox to reach into the ring and slap her across the face. That fired Lilly up even more as she lunged for his collar before Sydney got the drop on her with a double knee drop into her back. She dragged her away from the ropes, and rained elbows into her lower back. 

Zack: Did you see that? He just slapped her in the face, and the only problem is the referee is the only one who didn’t! He may be playing with fire if and when the No Surrender Champion gets out of the blocks. 

Claire: He’s only adding fuel to the fire. I’m sure Lilly will get out of the blocks, deal with Sydney first and then look to break Dante’s hand...or his jaw. Make him wish he had the protection of that shark cage.

Christensen got back to her feet, and pulled the champion up with her. She hooked her head into position for a bulldog, but Lilly shoved her off before she could execute it. The Canadian stopped herself before she hit the ropes, and turned around into a running clothesline from Lilly that sent them both over the top rope to the floor. The brunette’s face flashed with anger as she got to her feet, listening to the Detroit crowd. She fired a punt kick into Sydney’s ribs as she tried to get up, and quickly mounted her chest to pummel her with straight right hands to the head! 

Claire: Lilly’s gotten out of the blocks and she’s out here on the floor fighting fire with fire right now! Christensen might be wishing that she’d never picked this fight.

Zack: If they wanted to see Lilly getting pissed off, their wish is being granted right now! She’s been through so much in recent months across two different promotions, and she’s not shy about letting her temper go as a result!

Lilly got back to her feet, and dragged Sydney up by the head. She drove her back first into the barricade, then turned around and did the same with the ring apron. Sydney crumpled to a knee as she clutched her back, and Lilly hopped up onto the apron. She ran down it, coming off with a guillotine leg drop across the back of Sydney’s head that drove her face into the floor. Arthur quickly got back to her feet, glancing over her shoulder and seeing Dante complaining to the referee, which is why there was no count being administered. And she made a beeline towards him. 

Zack: Well that explains everything. I was wondering why I didn’t hear Fisk counting them out, and now we know! And I have a feeling Dante’s gonna regret that slap shortly!

Claire: If Fisk can just keep him distracted for a couple more seconds. Just long enough for Lilly to get her hands on that slimy Minnesotan, make him regret a lot of his choices.

Fisk didn’t see her coming, but Dante did and immediately bolted into the ring to get away from her. The referee went to get him out as Lilly slid under the bottom rope. She charged towards him as the referee moved out of the way, catching him with a corner clothesline. She climbed up to the middle turnbuckle, and started raining fists down on his head to the delight of the crowd. They started counting off ten of them before Sydney had made it back into the ring, and was quickly heading in her direction. 

Claire: Lilly’s finally got her hands and Dante and let me tell you, Zack, she can really lay in those punches when she’s motivated - he’s going to feel like he’s gone twelve rounds with a Klitschko after this!

Zack: This Detroit crowd is counting those punches off, but I don’t know who’s gonna make it first: Lilly’s fist or Sydney! 

As the blonde came forward, Lilly stopped punching and launched into a moonsault that took Sydney down with a thud. She hooked the outside leg for a cover, but the referee was trying to get Dante out of the ring as he leaned against the corner holding his head. Fisk glanced around to see the cover, and immediately went towards them to make the count!

Zack: FINALLY!! 

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Sydney kicked out at two, and Lilly got back to her feet after that. The Canadian rolled away from her, and Lilly went after her. Fisk went back to the other corner to try to get Dante out of the ring as Sydney was using the ropes to help her get up. When Lilly approached her from behind to grab her, a mule kick landed between her legs and dropped her to her knees out of the sight of the official, who was still with Dante. 

Claire: Fisk is trying to roll Dante’s carcass out of the ring and he’s totally missed the low blow from Sydney!! Even knocked loopy Knox is managing to earn his money from his client tonight.

Sydney got herself together finally and rose back to her feet. Lilly was on her knees holding her lower abdomen in pain before Sydney bounced off the near side with a big boot to the side of her head, that looked similar to Lacey’s. She glanced over to see her manager still in the far corner and the referee trying to get him out of the ring without much success. As a result, she stepped out to the floor, and found her aluminum baseball bat under the ring. The boos grew much louder now as she headed back up the steps, glancing to see the referee still with Dante before she tapped the bat against the post and stepped back into the ring. 

Claire: We knew that we’d see that baseball bat sooner or later - Sydney never goes far without it. If she gets a chance to use it, this might end the night for Lilly and could even cut short her career!

Zack: Someone get that jackass out of the ring, this is all his fault! Sydney looks like she’s winding up in the bullpen!

Sydney leaned back, and swung for the brunette’s head. But thankfully, Lilly ducked underneath it and surprised her with a scorpion kick that sent the blonde back into the corner. She dropped the bat on the canvas as Lilly charged her with a running forearm to the side of her head. Two more landed before she hopped down, and whipped her across to the far side. Sydney rebounded into a spinebuster before the No Surrender Champion spotted the bat. Shaking her head with anger, she went towards it and scooped it up in her hand. The fans got louder as she looked from it to Sydney and back again.

Zack: Listen to these people! They want Lilly to use that bat on Sydney, and I think...I think she’s thinking about it right now! Lilly’s not usually one for weapons…

Claire: As you said earlier, Zack, Lilly’s gone through a lot in the last year or so and this could be one Hell of an opportunity for her to vent all of that. But...I gotta tell you, I think that’d be a huge mistake.

Lilly leaned back with the bat in her hand before Fisk grabbed it from behind her. She turned around to see Knox was finally out of the ring, and the referee told her he was going to disqualify her if she used it. That was all the opening Sydney needed as she snatched the No Surrender Champion into a Northern Lights suplex with a bridge for the cover! 

Claire: Beautiful Northern Lights from Sydney...but I don’t think she’s done enough to get Lilly...not the state of mind, Lilly is in.

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THR-NOO!!!

Lilly popped her shoulder off the mat in time, and Sydney shoved her off the cover. She quickly rolled back to her feet, jerking Lilly up by the arm and firing more kicks into her ribs repeatedly. She scooped her up for a gutbuster that folded her into a ball on the canvas.

Zack: Sydney was able to get her wind back, and she’s right back to work on Lilly’s body, targeting her ribs apparently. 

Christensen pulled her up, and connected with a gutwrench suplex that drove Lilly into the canvas. She climbed up to the second turnbuckle from the inside before delivering a fist drop into Lilly’s face. The Brit clutched her head in pain as Sydney followed up with a knee drop to her head. She stepped onto Lilly’s hair and pulled her up by her arms, causing the champion to shout in pain as her hair was being ripped from her head. Fisk gave her a four count before she let go, and headed back to the corner. When Arthur rolled onto her back, Sydney went for a double stomp to her abdomen...but the champion rolled out of the way. The blonde corrected her balance, and stormed towards Lilly as she was getting up...but caught a jawbreaker as she got close. It rocked her backwards long enough for Lilly to grab her head, and use the ropes for a springboard bulldog that put them both down on the mat.

Claire: Lilly’s rallying and that’s bad news for Sydney!! How many times have we seen our No Surrender Champion catch her foes in an inescapable submission hold in just a matter of seconds?!?

Zack: True enough, and this match has gone in a totally different direction more than once from what I thought we might see. It’s a race to see who gets up first now.

If it was a race, Lilly won as she began to get to all fours and make it back to her feet. She locked her hands for a moment, and nodded her head before starting to circle around the Canadian. She extended her ams almost as if they were wings, staying behind Sydney as she was getting to her feet. The cheers soon turned to boos though as the fans saw Dante waving towards something, and Cassandra Steen started to make her way down the ramp. Lilly spotted her too. 

Claire: This can’t mean anything good for Lilly. What is it about Dante’s clients that they seem to have to travel in packs?!?

Zack: The former No Surrender Champion has made her second appearance here tonight at Impactl. And I doubt she came just to watch the show. She could have done that at home.

Cassandra made it to the apron, and climbed up onto it as Lilly went to meet her. The two went eye to eye and nose to nose before Steen started to take her earrings off. Lilly backed up a couple steps, inviting her to come inside the ring if she wanted. Steen put her earrings in her pocket, and stepped through the ropes. 

Zack: This isn’t the time for this! They’ll meet at Crossed Out for the No Surrender Championship in the gauntlet with Valerie McKinley, but we’re about to see a preview in a matter of seconds!

Claire: You’ve got to admire Lilly for being prepared to meet all comers, but this is definitely the wrong time. Just shove her off the apron and deal with her after you’ve beaten Sydney!!

Cassandra went for the first punch, and it got blocked before Lilly started firing off shots of her own. The two began trading blows rapid-fire before the referee called for the bell. A chop block from Sydney brought Lilly to her knees before the two women started stomping the life out of her as the bell kept ringing. 

Zack: In the words of Admiral Ackbar, Claire….IT’S A TRAP!! 

Dante darted around the corner, retrieving the No Surrender Championship and handing it up to Cassandra. Sydney pulled Lilly up, and let her get nailed with her title by Cassandra before she fell back to the canvas. 

Claire: Like a pack of hyenas!! These two are picking Lilly apart and Dantes must be loving it after he had his ass kicked by Lilly earlier!!

Cassandra held the title against Lilly’s head, telling her it belonged to her. And as Dante handed Sydney her bat, the fans got loud as they saw both members of NHB barreling towards the ring, which sent Cassandra and Sydney to the floor. Angela and Jem checked on their friend as Lexi made the announcement. 

Lexi: Your winner by disqualification…………...LILLY ARTHUR!!

Zack: I shudder to think what they were going to do with that bat, but thank goodness for Angela and Jem! 

Claire: Lilly might not even have made it to Crossed Out! Jem and Angela weren’t about to let that happen; Cassandra and Sydney wanted no part of No Holding Back tonight!!!

As Jem knelt beside Lilly to help her up, Angela retrieved her No Surrender Championship and returned it to her. The champion took it in her hand, and thanked them both before staring daggers at the trio retreating up the ramp.

Zack: I can’t recall a time when there’s been as much bad blood around the No Surrender Championship as we’re seeing right here at Impact! Lilly had a couple guardian angels tonight looking after her, while Knox surrounds himself with a pair of devils, if you ask me. 

Claire: I think we saw tonight that Cassandra and Dante are determined to get the No Surrender Championship back and were more than happy to take a shortcut to it tonight, but they didn’t count on Jem and Angela being here in Detroit!!

As the staredown continued before Cassandra and Sydney disappeared to the back, the show cut to a highlight package from Sin & Sacrifice. 

Coming Home

After a commercial for the upcoming South Korea Spectacular event next month, the show returns to the ring to find Sara standing in the center of it with her microphone.

Sara: Ladies and gentlemen here in Detroit, Michigan and watching around the globe on FFW All Access, please join me in welcoming back a woman who hasn’t competed in a Future Shock ring for quite a long time. Please join me in welcoming…...ANGELINA FANTASTICA!!

The stage is bathed in pink light as “Raise Your Glass” by Pink starts playing. After a moment, Angelina Fantastica comes out in a pair of baggy black pants and a pink cropped tank top, her hair tied back in two French braids, threaded through with silver ribbons. She makes her way up to the ring, bopping to the music but very conscious of the fact that the crowd doesn’t seem to know how to react to her. Using the bottom rope, she pulls herself up onto the apron and smiles for the camera before gripping the top rope and backflipping easily into the ring.

A tech runs out to hand her a microphone and she bends down to take it from him before taking her spot next to Sara.

Angelina: Papi’s home. And I’ll bet you’ve had a lot of people handing you questions for me to answer, am I right Sara?

Sara: Definitely. My inbox was pretty full after the last Future Shock. A lot of the same question actually, so let’s start there and kinda work our way backwards. What prompted you to get involved in the 6 woman tag that...kinda turned into a handicap match? And did I answer my question right there? 

Sara asked with a little bit of grin as she realized it as she was saying it.

Angelina: Little bit, yeah. I mean, I was here finalizing a few things with Adam anyway, watching in a secret room backstage so people wouldn’t know I was there, and… yeah. The Laurie Jane Experience were getting the shit kicked outta them, and Raven wasn’t doing anything to help them. I didn’t think she’d stick around through the end of the match and as it turns out, I was right. So I jumped in to even the numbers, give Laurie and Jane some breathing room, you know? 

Sara: And after talking with them earlier, I can tell you for a fact they appreciated your assistance after their original partner hung them out to dry before the match was over. So with that answered, let’s work back to the origin of it all. What brought you back to Future Shock after such an inharmonious exit from the company as a whole? I know you’ve been competing in HELL lately, What brought you back or changed your mind about how strongly you felt a while back? 

Angelina bites her lower lip for a minute, chewing on it while she thinks.

Angelina: Look. It’s wrestling, I get that. Our jobs are to hype ourselves up. And I’ve had all kinds of shit thrown my way, from racial slurs to snide comments about what I’ve chosen to post up on social media to my relationship status. It’s fine, you learn how to brush that kinda thing off, whatever. But when someone goes to the length of insulting my dead father - a man who died trying to save the lives of other people - that’s not something I can stand for. What was worse, though, was that no one seemed to give a damn about what was said until I announced that I was leaving the company over it. My record was abysmal, I was frustrated, and it felt like it didn’t matter what I did, because nobody would give a shit. I was not in a good place, and I wasn’t for a very long time. When HELL reached out, I turned them down a couple of times, but ultimately I went because the show was in Puerto Rico, and my grandfather had wrestled there for years, so I wanted to give the fans the opportunity to see me and my brothers all together on the same show. HELL gave me a chance to return to my lucha libre roots, and that got me thinking… maybe I could go home, after all. So here I am.

Sara nods as she listens to all this before she continues. 

Sara: You have had a lot of memorable moments in Future Shock. Your previous time here was more a happy time in your career for you? Is that what makes this home for you? 

Angelina: This was the biggest stage I’d competed on when I came here. And with all those moments, even though I never actually won a title here, I felt like I had a connection here, with the girls and with the fans. Even though Cody chose me to go to the main roster, once I got there? Any momentum I had pretty much died on the vine. People didn’t care about me. They didn’t care when I was the plucky little underdog, and they didn’t care when I was part of the Franchise. What happened with the insult to my father was what I thought was the nail on the coffin of a terribly disappointing career. But when I started wrestling again with HELL, Adam reached out to congratulate me.

Sara: Lastly, is there anything you’d like to say to the Future Shock fans now that you are back? What can they expect from you now that they have seen you as both part of the Franchise in the past and now back in Future Shock on your own?

Angelina: The Future Shock audience has seen me as the plucky underdog. They’ve seen me trying to be one of Samantha’s goons. What they can expect from me now is something a little more in the middle. I still want to fight the good fight, but I’m done taking shit from people. I’m done trying to fit into the box that everyone wants to put me in. I’m not just here to have a good time - I have aspirations of being a champion, I have dreams of leading this brand. So I’m gonna make those dreams a reality. I know I haven’t always made the best decisions and that people might not trust me right away, and that’s okay. My first order of business here is to earn back the trust I lost last year. And then… then, you’ll see the Shaolin Stunna holding gold. You can bet on that.

The camera focuses on the returning Angelina as Sara shakes her hand, and we cut to a commercial for the next Future Shock.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 10:15:56 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 04:35:59 pm »

The show comes back to the ring for the final time tonight, and finds Lexi ready and waiting to start the introductions.

Lexi: The following contest is a singles match, and it is your main event of Future Shock Impact 4!

Zack: Here we go! Historically speaking, the Future Shock Champion has rarely been part of these Impact specials. But who better to represent the roster than the woman who sits on top of the mountain? 

Claire: Undoubtedly the Future Shock Champion is one of the finest wrestlers Future Shock has to offer, with the hardware to prove that, for the moment at least, she is the very best. Let’s see what Mara has to offer against one of the most decorated and accomplished Future Shock graduates ever.

I'm only human
I'm only—I'm only—
I'm only human, human

“Human” by Rag’n’Bone Man starts to play over the soundsystem as the video screen shows a jail cell door sliding backwards and a pair of black ring boots with legs going all the way up to a simple blue skirt step out onto the landing only to suddenly stumble as if given a push in the small of the back from the man who appeared behind her in shiny black shoes and black pants. 

Maybe I'm foolish,
Maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this
And see what's behind
Got no way to prove it
So maybe I'm lying

As the pair pass by, the camera gets a shot from behind before it cuts to more grainy CCTV footage that shows the guard escorting the raven haired prisoner across a prison yard of patchy grass and into another building. There’s another cut as we see a shot of exposed midriff on the other side of a counter that has a pack of gum, some loose change on it and a hair bobble on it. A hand reaches forward, picking up a pen and signs a name quickly before scooping up the possessions as she stiffly pushed to move onwards.

But I'm only human after all,
I'm only human after all
Don't put your blame on me

There’s another cut; this time to show the back of the black haired woman as she reaches up to tie her long loose hair back with the bobble while still walking forward, coming to a stop in front of a large closed door. The camera cuts to the opposite side of the door and low door, watching as it swung open and the woman stepped out; only for the blazing sun to obscure her face and body; the video screens becoming a blazing yellow-white sun glare with a spotlight shining bright as the same woman has appeared at the top of the entrance ramp. The spotlight dims to reveal Mara Werth standing there in her black boots, blue skirt and white vest top.

Take a look in the mirror
And what do you see?
Do you see it clearer
Or are you deceived
In what you believe?

Lexi: Ladies and gentlemen please welcome from Tuscaloosa, Alabama… MARA WERTH!!!

'Cause I'm only human after all,
You're only human after all
Don't put the blame on me

With a smile on her face she begins to head down the ramp to the ring, running up the ring steps. She moved down the apron, facing out to the crowd and threw her arms up into the air before she stepped through the ropes. Heading to the corner, the girl carefully stepped up onto the middle ropes, throwing her hands up into the air again before she bounced back onto her feet and stretched as she waited for the match to start.

Zack: The Future Shock Champion is fresh off one of, if not the, hardest matches of her career against Gemma Pierce. And while her title isn’t on the line tonight, Mara is as determined as if it was to secure a victory for her brand. And she’s about to be the only woman, aside of Tara Cortez who we saw earlier tonight, to be defending this brand tonight as the Future Shock Champion.

Claire: Mara could easily be written as a feel good redemption story, but the truth is that she’s earned every opportunity that she’s been given thus far and is rightfully the Future Shock Champion after beating the experienced veteran Vivi Robichaud for the title and then, as you said, turning aside the challenge of the seeming unstoppable Gemma Pierce.

The arena darkens, bringing with it a large quantity of dry ice. In the ring, the green, white and orange lights pulse until they form the Irish Tricolour in the centre of the ring. It’s this sight that brings about jeering from the audience. As the lights settle, a drumbeat hits the speakers, soon to be followed by a well-known riff that doesn’t quite sound as people would know it to be. It is then that a woman steps out on the stage; Jo McFarlane. Not that you can tell right away - her face is obscured by a white bandana covering her mouth and nose, and she wears a green beanie on her head, which appears to be entirely covering her hair, showing only her eyes. She is also dressed in camouflage; traditional green colours, a long-sleeved jacket and trousers. Through the fog as the crowd begins to jeer, standing by her side, is her father.

If you’re havin’ trouble with the high school head,
He’s givin’ you the blues.
You wanna graduate, but not in his bed,
Here’s what you’re gonna do!
Pick up the phone, I’m always home
Call me anytime.
3624-360, I lead a life of crime.

Lexi: And her opponent, from Derry, Northern Ireland, weighing one hundred and twenty seven pounds, she is “THE REBEL CHILD” JOOOOOOOO MCFARLAAAAAAAAANE!

During the verse and Kat’s introduction, Jo first taps the stick on the floor, then starts off down the ramp, towards the ring. Tommy remains a step behind her the whole time...though it’s difficult given the massive height difference. She moves quite quickly, and stops at the bottom. Moving towards a corner at ringside, she drops the kendo stick in her hand against the barricade, making sure the referee sees that she did, giving him a pointed stare.

Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap!
Dirty deeds, and they’re done dirt cheap.
Dirty deeds, and they’re done dirt cheap.

As the chorus plays and the solo starts up, Jo ascends the stairs, removing the jacket she wears, revealing a similarly coloured top. The beanie soon follows and she steps through the ropes. She then heads towards her corner, where she stands on the middle turnbuckle, looking around her before jumping down. Her father joins her in the corner, and the two exchange words as the music fades out.

Zack: Jo McFarlane has done it all in this company. She might as well be called Ms. FFW, because you can’t name hardly any accolade she hasn’t reached. She’s held the title Mara’s got now, Evolution, No Surrender, and FFW Champion too! A Hall of Famer on top of that, and there is no one on the FFW roster who can test Mara more than her. 

Claire: Jo has won just about everything there is to win in this company and earlier this year was a challenger for the FFW Championship and involved in a number one contenders match for the right to face Shaw a second time at Unstoppable. She’s been handpicked by Samantha Star as one of the faces of this company and as if all that isn’t enough, she’s got her father out here by her side, to make her more deadly.

Senior referee Jennifer Stringer made sure no one was carrying hidden objects. But as Lexi was about to leave the ring, Mara got her attention and waved her over. The ring announcer headed her way as the champion explained something to her before getting a nod and speaking again.

Lexi: Standing in the corner of the Future Shock Champion Mara Werth tonight….HARLEY SHANNON!!

Harley got a pop as she headed down the ramp, getting a look from both of the McFarlanes as Lexi left the ring. She bumped fists with Mara as she stood in her corner, and the champion then turned her attention to Jo fully.

Zack: That’s not a bad idea by Mara, is it? We’ve seen that Jo’s father is hardly a shrinking violet in her corner. 

Claire: It’s a smart move from Mara to bring out one of her best friends to keep the playing field level and make sure this stays on one on one. 

Stringer called for the bell as the two opponents met in the center, with Jo pointing towards Harley at ringside and asking Mara if she was that scared of her. Werth shook her head at the question before Jo reminded her she was a Future Shock Champion too, to which Mara nodded her head. Then she looked back to her father and extended a hand to Mara, offering a handshake and saying may the best woman win. Mara looked down at the hand, and then listened to the crowd. And none of them seemed to want her to take Jo’s offer of sportsmanship.

Claire: I’m with this crowd, Jo’s not really been known for her sportsmanship over the last two years or so. If I’m Mara, I’d save the sportsmanship till after the match is done and dusted.

Zack: No one in Detroit tonight thinks Jo is on the up and up. I can’t read Mara’s poker face, but it seems like she might be thinking about it. 

Mara shook her hand and slapped her hand away. Jo seemed insulted by that, and instead slapped the champion across the face. The calm demeanor on Werth’s face faded to anger as she returned fire with a headbutt to Jo’s face that sent her back a step. She followed up with furious right hands to the side of her head. Jo stumbled back a step as Mara put her hands up into a boxer’s stance, and started throwing combinations. A left-right-right-left hook to the body followed that before an uppercut rattled the redhead backwards and a spinning backfist dropped her to a seat on the canvas. 

Claire: Mara spent the better part of the last two weeks in Boston and she’s showing that she’s a quick study right out of the gate. After watching her against Shaw, this was something that she wanted to be better at going into this match.

Zack: Well we can see some of that time in Boston was spent under your tutelage as Mara’s throwing the heavy artillery as if she were the long lost Klitschko sister!

She grabbed Jo’s hand, and jerked her forward into a knee to the abdomen. Two more quick strikes with that knee landed before she fired her across to the far side. As soon as she rebounded, Mara scooped her up high overhead into a military press before hurling her to the canvas. Jo hit the mat before Mara used a double stomp to her lower back as she was trying to get up. The fans were clearly behind her as she pulled Jo up to her feet, peppering her with stiff forearms to the head before whipping her into the corner. Jo crashed against it chest first before Mara spun her around, and whipped her to the other side...again chest first. As soon as she managed to turn around, Mara struck with a lungblower before making the cover!

Zack: Jo’s abdomen is getting wrecked, and Werth looking to have the fastest match in Impact history!

ONE!!

T-NOO!!

Jo kicked out before the two made it to the canvas, which didn’t slow Mara down from her strategy. Werth hammered a few straight right hands to her head before yanking her back to her feet, and then into another Irish whip that sent the redhead chest first into the turnbuckles for the third time. 

Claire: Mara’s not giving Jo anytime to recover or get her wits about her and I think this is pretty smart strategy when you’re facing someone who has the experience and the accolades that Jo has racked up.

Mara caught her as she stumbled out of the corner, quickly turning her around and hoisting her up for what looked to be a vertical suplex. But instead, she dropped her chest first across the top rope. It hung Jo doubled over across it before Werth grabbed her hand, and fired repeated front kicks into her chest till she finally collapsed to the canvas. The fans were solidly behind her as she rolled the Hall of Famer over, planted her feet behind Jo’s knees and grabbed her arms to fall backwards into an elevated surfboard with Jo suspended over her!

Claire: And now Mara is proving that she’s more than just an out and out brawler with a perfectly executed submission hold here and we know that she’s got the strength to hold Jo up long enough to make the most of this hold, even if she doesn’t get the submission.

Zack: Not too many escapes from that hold, especially when your opponent is controlling your arms and legs like this. That just hurts to look at.

Stringer asked Jo if she wanted to stop the match, and immediately got a no. Mara kept her arms and legs fully extended as Jo’s body hung over hers, causing the redhead immense pain. Tommy shouted some instructions to his daughter as he pounded the mat with his fist. Mara was almost like a statue underneath her, hardly moving her body at all before Jo began trying to rock back and forth. It was slow at first, but as she continued, Mara’s grip began to loosen. McFarlane managed to free one of her legs, and immediately brought a hard stomp down between Werth’s legs, causing her to let go finally. Jo collapsed to all fours on the canvas as Stringer warned her about using low blows, to which the redhead said it was just an accident. 

Claire: Jo managed to free her foot and… accidentally… found a way to slow Mara down to. This might be the opening the Hall of Famer needed to actually get out of the blocks here.

Zack: I don’t know if I buy the accidental part of that excuse. Jo’s a former ballet dancer, so her flexibility is second to none. 

The redhead sat up on her knees, clutching her lower back in pain for a second before she got to her feet. Mara was still in pain on the canvas before rolling over to all fours, only to get a curb stomp to the back of her head from Jo. The “Rebel Child” stomped away at her head a few more times before she pulled her up into a piledriver. It dropped Mara hard to the mat, but the impact hurt Jo’s body too, causing her to grimace. She finally made it back to her feet, and watched Mara as she tried to get up again. A running kneelift nearly knocked her down again before Jo sent her stumbling into the ropes. Werth collapsed against the middle rope as Tommy came around the corner. Harley wheeled around not far behind him, causing him to look over at her while his daughter connected with a tiger feint kick (619) that sent Mara back into the ring.

Zack: Harley was quick on the draw there. It looked like Tommy was thinking about getting his hands dirty, but not with her right behind him. 

Claire: That’s why Mara asked her to come on out here and so far the deterrent is working. Jo, though, is in the ascendancy in the ring and right now, doesn’t need Tommy’s help.

McFarlane dropped to all fours, and started to scrape her bootlaces across Mara’s face. She followed that with a knee drop before getting back to her feet, and headed for the corner. Werth was slow moving on the canvas as Jo headed up to the top rope facing the crowd. She peered between her legs for a half second before launching into a moonsault that landed perfectly before she hooked the outside leg.

Zack: Jo is as graceful as a swan, but definitely more dangerous when she decides to take flight! 

ONE!!!

TWOOOO!!

Mara rolled her shoulder just after the two hit, and Jo quickly got to her feet. The redhead sat her up, and then applied a lotus lock submission, while she propped up on her elbows. 

Claire: This is an awful lot of pressure that’s getting applied to Mara’s shoulders and neck, with no easy escape for the Future Shock Champion. But Werth won’t stop fighting.

Stringer knelt beside the Future Shock Champion, checking for a submission that Mara wasn’t willing to give yet. Jo continued to apply the pressure as she caught her breath propped up on the canvas. Harley began to rally the Detroit crowd for her best friend, getting them to chant her name before Mara showed how strong her legs were when she began to use her feet to drag them towards the ropes. Jo wasn’t strong enough to stop her as she finally got her foot under the bottom rope. Stringer called for the break, which Jo gave as she was about to count five. The champion collapsed onto her side near the ropes as Jo got to her feet, rebounding off the far side with a baseball slide that sent Werth rolling out of the ring to the floor. 

Claire: You can see from the look on her face just how painful that hold was and the damage that it’s done to Mara. Now Werth’s on the outside, Harley has to be vigilant because this is usually the area Tommy likes to operate in.

Zack: I think you’re right. There’s no other reason for her to send Mara out to the floor other than to give her father a chance to do some damage. Harley’s keeping an eye on the old man like a hawk.

Mara was slow moving as the referee began her count. When Stringer got to three, Mara grabbed the front end of the broadcast booth as she began to get up again. Jo watched her from just inside the ring, and started climbing the ropes. Werth leaned forward on the table holding the back of her neck before she turned around to see Jo launching from the top rope into a high cross body…..but Werth caught her in mid-air when she turned around!

Zack: Look at that! Like a small child! Werth snatched Jo out of the air, and I don’t think that was part of the plan!

Claire: Not in the slightest, but when you’re up against a powerhouse like Mara and you take to the air, it’s the risk you’re taking. Werth has to make this count - if she can - and get back into the fight.

Jo’s eyes widened before she immediately began using rapid elbows into the side of Mara’s head, causing her to let go. The redhead landed on her feet before the two started trading rights in front of the broadcast booth. Being the stronger of the two, Mara won that fight with a discus clothesline that sent Jo laying across the top of the table. Her arms flailed and knocked over Zack and Claire’s water bottles before Mara glanced to the ring and back to Jo, seemingly coming up with an idea. 

Claire: Oh, I don’t like this look on Mara’s face. Whatever plan she has, forget it. Take Jo back into the ring and stick with what brought you to the dance tonight - what got you the Future Shock Championship!

Zack: You can almost see a light bulb going off over Mara’s head, can’t you? The referee’s count has really slowed down, she’s giving them all kinds of leeway because we all want to see a winner!

With Jo laying across the top of the booth, Mara pulled her legs over her shoulder as she faced the ring. And with a show of might, Werth delivered an inverted Alabama slam that sent Jo chest and face first into the apron before she collapsed in a lifeless heap on the floor. 

Claire: Dear...God… Mara just slammed Jo into the hardest part of the ring and could’ve just cracked several ribs, broken her nose and goddamn if she didn’t give her whiplash too!! That was like being in a car wreck!! A lot of momentum and a very sudden stop!!

Zack: Jo McFarlane has not moved. She’s out cold, she’s gotta be! Just roll her in the ring, and make the cover! I think she’s got this! 

Jo didn’t move a muscle as she laid face down akimbo on the floor. Mara rolled into the ring and back out to break the count before she went to pick Jo up. But the Hall of Famer didn’t budge an inch, proving to be dead weight as Mara tried to manhandle her up with some difficulty. She finally scooped Jo into both arms as the redhead hung over each side, arms and legs limp before Mara rolled her under the bottom rope. Stringer immediately dropped down to check on her as Mara climbed back into the ring. 

Zack: I’m telling you that Jo has got to be unconscious, if not a lot worse right now! She is dead weight, and Mara should just go ahead and make the cover. This is over!

Claire: If Jo’s not out cold then she’s one heck of an actress. Stringer’s checking but even if she thinks McFarlane is good to go, how much can she really have left in her?

Mara started towards her, but the referee asked her to stay back as she dropped down beside Jo once again. The camera wasn’t able to see much of what she was saying, though there were no signs of movement from Jo. The Future Shock Champion watched on as Jo was rolled onto her back. Her eyes remained closed and her arms and legs akimbo as the referee started waving for help. 

Zack: This is over. This is over right here. She’s still not moved, her eyes are closed. The trainer is gonna have to call this one. I have never seen a move like that! We’re gonna see it again? 

The show cut to split screen, showing a slow motion replay of the inverted Alabama slam Mara had delivered before going back to live action. The trainer made it down to the ring with a small light in his hand, sliding under the bottom rope and trying to shine it into Jo’s eyes as she lay motionless on the canvas. 

Claire: That’s always got to be the primary concern - the health of the athletes in the ring. I’ve never seen anyone suffer the type of impact that Jo did on the ring apron and just walk away from it unscathed.

Mara slowly moved toward the scene to ask the referee if she was going to stop the match. The trainer continued talking to Jo as Mara turned around and leaned down...before the redhead pulled her into a small package!

Zack: They’re gonna call the---ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-WHOA!!

Mara kicked out in time, and sat up with an amazed look on her face. The trainer was dumbfounded too as the show went back to split screen to show the move again, this time in slower motion. And then it was shown from a different angle that Jo managed to get her hands in front of her before she hit the apron and fell to the floor. The show went back to live action as the trainer rolled back out to the floor, and Mara glanced over her shoulder at Jo, still in disbelief. 

Claire: Jo got her hands up in the nick of time and had the presence of mind to try and surprise Mara. The Champion has to get over that shock and remember that she’s got a job to do.

Jo met her gaze, and fired a knee into the side of her head before she got back to her feet. The Detroit crowd booed her out of the building practically as Jo hammered fists into the side of her head. Werth was pulled back to her feet before Jo shoved her into the ropes, catching her as she bounced backwards into an inverted facebuster that bounced the back of her head off the mat. McFarlane grabbed a leg for the cover as the fans were still up in arms, while the referee counted the fall!

Zack: Jo was goldbricking, and bought herself about two minutes to get herself together! Don’t tell me she’s gonna win it after that!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NOPE!!

Mara kicked out, and started to get back to her feet. Jo was quick to do the same, trailing after her as it was clear Mara was now pissed off. Jo tried to nail her, but the shot was blocked by Mara. The champion unloaded with furious right hands to the head before she whipped her into the ropes. Jo rebounded before she was popped up into the air, and clobbered with an European uppercut on the way down. 

Claire: Jo came close but she is paying for it now. Did you see the way Werth snapped her head back with that European uppercut?!? Brutal.

Zack: Mara thought she’d seriously hurt Jo, just like the rest of us. And now...now you’re seeing what happens when you try to goldbrick your way to a cheap win! The champion is angry as hell now!

Mara grabbed Jo off the canvas, plucking her head between her legs before she hoisted her up for a powerbomb. She didn’t let her stay that way though before she scooped her up again for a second powerbomb. Mara looked into Jo’s face and shook her head before she lifted her up for a third time...into a crucifix powerbomb! The redhead bounced off the mat, and the Detroit crowd egged Mara on as she headed for the corner to climb to the top rope!

Zack: Two powerbombs and a third one that would have made Luther Thunder proud! Mara’s not going for a cover, she’s going up top!

Claire: Werth’s just been throwing the Hall of Famer around like she’s a training dummy. I hope she’s worked on this top rope moves an awful lot since we saw her against Vivi...

Werth perched herself, taking a second to correct her balance as Harley shouted to her from the floor to pin her instead of going high risk. But either Mara didn’t hear her or wasn’t paying attention as she launched into a frog splash….that got her nothing but Jo’s knees on the descent. It folded the champion into a fetal position in pain as Jo struggled to get back to her feet, obviously having had a lot taken out of her as she stumbled just doing that much.

Claire: The top rope is not Mara’s natural habitat and she’s opened the door for Jo. IF the Hall of Famer can capitalise after everything she’s endured in the last few minutes, this could be the turning point.

Zack: If you didn’t know better, you’d think Jo’s been drinking! She’s having a hard time getting her feet under her after all the punishment she’s taken, but she’s got Mara in a bad way right now.

Harley shouted encouragement to her friend as Mara was struggling to get up to her feet. Jo moved in behind her, waving her up the rest of the way before grabbing her into a full nelson facebuster! She rolled the champion over and draped herself across her to make the cover!

Zack: Absolutely devastating! Jo’s gonna put the Future Shock Champion away right here!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NOPE.

Mara got her leg across the bottom rope, though the rest of her body didn’t move an inch. The referee showed it to Jo, and Tommy moved around to tell the referee Harley put her foot on the rope. Jo rolled away from the champion, and started to try to get up again as the referee questioned Harley at ringside.

Claire: This is ridiculous, but I might’ve expected that sooner or later Tommy would do something to try and get Harley thrown out of her and try to release the shackles on him. You’d think Stringer would know better than to listen to him.

While Tommy made his case to the referee next to Harley on the floor, Jo noticed there was a kendo stick on the apron where he was before. She started to head towards it as Harley pleaded her case to Stringer that she never touched Mara’s foot. Werth started to sit up now, hearing the argument and weakly told the referee she did it herself. Meanwhile, Jo twirled the kendo stick in her hand after getting to her feet. 

Claire: You’ve got to be… Harley, just kick him in the face and drag him out of here with you. Let Stringer focus on the action instead because Jo’s got a kendo stick and evil intent!!

Zack: The referee is still listening to this debate at ringside, Mara’s starting to get up, and McFarlane...she’s got her favorite toy!

Mara made it back to her feet, once again more clearly telling the official that Harley never touched her foot. Tommy continued to argue otherwise, demanding the referee to throw Harley out of the arena. When the champion turned around, Jo went to swing the stick but Mara batted it out of her hands. The redhead glanced to see it fly out of her grip before Mara hooked her head, and delivered a jumping cutter that bounced her off the mat! The fans came to their feet as she made the cover, and Harley implored Stringer to turn around and make the count. 

Claire: Jo went for the kendo stick but Mara caught her and bounced her skull off the ring mat!!! 

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Stringer called for the bell as Tommy pounded the mat in anger. Mara sat up as Harley rolled into the ring to congratulate her and help her to her feet before the referee raised her hand in victory.

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall………………..MARA WERTH!!

Tommy climbed up onto the apron, and pulled the referee to him to point out the kendo stick as he tried to claim Mara used it. The Detroit crowd showed Mara a lot of love and support as Harley too showed her how proud she was. 

Claire: Tommy’s really pulling at straws here. I don’t think he stands any chance at all of changing Stringer’s mind tonight and Mara picks up a huge victory over one of the most decorated women in wrestling!

Zack: That match was a rollercoaster, and one hell of a way to bring Impact 4 to a conclusion! Congratulations to Mara on netting the biggest win of her career, as far as I’m concerned. Would you agree? 

Claire: It’s certainly got to be right up there with claiming the Future Shock Championship for her. Tonight we’ve seen all the qualities that make her such a ferocious opponent; her heart, her resilience, her power, her technique. I’m sure she has many more big nights ahead of her too.

Zack: It’s been a chaotic night here at Impact, but the fact remains that FFW has won the series! They proved that on this night of October 6th here in Detroit that they were not going to be denied. And congratulations to them. 

Claire: You’re right Zack. I think the main roster maybe underestimated the Future Shock roster in the first Impact special but since then FFW has been building momentum and it has culminated in a hard fought victory in the series tonight.

Zack: Wherever you are, thank you for joining us tonight on FFW All Access! The next major event exclusive is gonna be Crossed Out for FFW and the South Korea Spectacular for Future Shock coming up next month! 

Claire: It’s been one Hell of a ride tonight and I can promise you that there won’t be any slowing down as we head towards Crossed Out and South Korea...both events promise to be something really, really special. We’ll see you there!!

Mara climbed the corner, raising her hands and pointing to the Future Shock as she got support and love from the Detroit fans as Impact 4 faded off the air.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 10:16:28 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: