Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 06:52:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 86

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 86  (Read 117 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: October 12, 2020, 03:07:45 pm »

The instrumental version of “Boom” by the X Ambassadors starts to play as we open on Jake and Gia arriving at an empty studio. Only the video wall behind them is there as they look around and at each other confused. Suddenly the video goes into fast forward as suddenly production staff immediately start moving in the furniture. The pair watch as the staff moves at a pretty quick pace (thanks to fast forward) and gets everything set up: chairs and table too. The two hosts look pleased with that before they sit down. One staffer places Gia’s crown on her head, bringing a smile to her face before the After Shock logo appears on the video screen before the camera zooms in on it. A bolt of electricity appears and then we cut back to the actual show with both Jake & Princess Gia greeting the viewers.

Jake: Hello, fans and friends of Future Shock! It’s time for another edition of After Shock, where today we’ll be discussing what went down at Impact 4 and what’s coming up next as the women of Future Shock got a lot of news this past week as we head towards the end of the 2020 calendar. I’m Jake Chandler, joined by the effervescent Princess Gia!

He gestures towards her as the camera pulls back to settle on the two of them seated in her chair to his right.

Gia gives a wave and a smile to the camera.

Gia: I cannot wait to dive right into this! Impact was, as per usual, an incredible showcase for our Future Shock talent! And even though it wasn’t a sweep for us, I want to congratulate Jamie Winters and Mara Werth on picking up wins against their opponents. Arabella and Carys, despite not walking out victorious, also put on amazing matches against two former Future Shock competitors in Cassandra Steen and Tara Cortez respectively. And then Sydney went and conspired with Cassandra to get herself intentionally disqualified, which I’m not terribly fond of. So that was a thing. But overall, I’m very proud of our Future Shock girls.

Jake: No reason not to be. That’s now the second time Sydney’s caused a DQ in the Impact series. Remember when she did it when Arabella was facing Scarlett? That officially makes Impact 4 a tie, since we don’t count disqualifications or countouts. Once again, 2-2 by that measure. If nothing else, I think it proves this roster is every bit as talented as the FFW roster. There’s no step up or down between them, they are neck and neck. You don’t want to forget what happened to the Raging Dragons at the top of the show though.

Gia: Maybe we should stop inviting Sydney to participate in these shows? Just a thought. But anyway, yes! The Raging Dragons were viciously attacked in their locker room as the show began by the Doomsday Sisters, who seem to be continuing their path of wanton destruction through Future Shock! First it was the Laurie Jane Experience, now the Raging Dragons. If I’m Target Acquired, I’d start checking over my shoulder for Victoria Havoc and Sienna Danger. These two are hell-bent on claiming tag team gold, and they don’t care who they have to bulldoze in the process - neither team was even booked for Future Shock Impact, the Raging Dragons were there to enjoy the show. And they got beaten to hell instead.

Jake: More on that in a bit! I think the two biggest news items that didn’t happen in the ring were pretty obvious. One, we finally heard from Angelina Fantastica after her hiatus from FFW. I don’t know about you, but I thought she explained herself pretty well and I could understand where she was coming from. It may take the fans as a whole a little time to fully embrace her again, but she’s on the right path.

Gia: I think so too. She’s no longer part of the Franchise, and she started off on the right foot by rescuing Laurie and Jane from imminent destruction at the hands of The Matriarchy. So I think it’s only a matter of time before the fans remember why they fell in love with Angelina Fantastica in the first place. I’m excited to have her back, and I can’t wait to see her in action in a Future Shock ring again.

Jake: I’m sure it won’t be long. But whoo boy, if ALL of that wasn’t enough for you at Impact, we got some other news to go along with it from Adam! And judging by Twitter, it’s been highly discussed before it’s even happened yet. Wanna tell them about it?

Gia: Sure thing! Adam Grant announced that the Global Wars series, a longtime tradition for FFW’s final show of the year, would be continuing in Future Shock after the decision was made to replace Global Wars with Crossed Out over on the main roster. All six competitors have been announced, and these ladies are among some of the most accomplished in Future Shock. Watching them compete for the prestige of winning Global Wars is going to be absolutely phenomenal.

Jake: Not to mention a gold medal for them with their country’s flag, as well as a Future Shock Championship match. We got the cast set up, so let’s take a look at each of them. Some of these countries are appearing for the first time in Global Wars. But the one we’ll start with is Scotland, who is not new to the series and will be represented by our reigning Diamond Champion Carys McFarlane.

The graphics for each start to appear behind the hosts, starting with Scotland.

Gia: And Carys is carrying on the McFarlane family tradition of representing Scotland in Global Wars! Valerie, Erica, and Jo McFarlane have all been part of the series in the past, so now naturally it’s Carys’s turn! I have a lot of faith that our Diamond Champion will put her best effort forward - and even though Team Scotland have acquitted themselves well in Global Wars, they’ve never come out the winners. So could Carys be the first to win the gold for Scotland?

Jake: She would, Global Wars has mostly been won by England and Canada actually, Both of those countries are going to be represented too. England’s representative, for example, has been one of the dominant competitors in Future Shock and has the record to prove it.

The graphic changes to England and their representative behind the hosts.

Jake: Gemma Pierce, from Liverpool, has a track record that’s hard to ignore, especially in a competition like this.

Gia: Absolutely. England has a fierce representative, and with another shot at the Future Shock Championship on the line, I’m sure Gemma will be looking to bulldoze through her competition much like she did in her quest to become the only woman to successfully defend the Aspire Championship five times. She made it to that goal, and I think she’s going to be very difficult to stop in her pursuit of this one.

The graphic for Canada appears behind them next.

Jake: And that brings us to the Great White North. Like I said, England and Canada have enjoyed the most success at this event when it was part of the FFW roster’s calendar. This time, they’ll be represented by Sydney Christensen and her obnoxious manager to a lesser extent, Dante Knox.

Gia: ...well, Canada’s survived being represented by Valentina Lozano and Shaughnessy O’Neill, so I think they can survive Sydney and Dante. And with Sydney having come so close so many times to achieving Future Shock gold, she’ll be absolutely ruthless in Global Wars, I think. Let’s just hope she doesn’t go about getting herself disqualified from matches like she has on Impact.

Jake: Some nations will be making their first appearance in Global Wars. Our next two additions will be setting the standard for their homelands. And you can’t mention standards without talking about the woman representing Northern Ireland, can you?

Jake: Cait Flanagan could be the next Diamond Champion before the year is out, and she’ll be carrying the flag of Northern Ireland with her, along with her manager behind her, no doubt.

Gia: Of course, there was a prize for the taking, so here come Cait and Kyle to try and claim it. Cait has history with Carys and with Gemma, so it will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Ireland has been represented before in Global Wars, even taking home the win in the 2016 tournament, but it’s the first time we’ve seen Northern Ireland enter the fray. Cait and Kyle aren’t as overtly violent as Dante and Sydney are, but there’s good reason to be wary of Cait in the ring, as we’ve seen before. She walked out the Future Shock Cup winner after some shenanigans, and I’m sure she has no qualms about doing the same thing to walk out the winner of Global Wars.

Jake: Another country making their debut in Global Wars is Italy, which happens to be where most of my favorite foods come from! And this is a huge opportunity for the woman who will be their representative.

The graphic for Italy appears behind them, and the viewers see Alessandra Esposito of Target Acquired.

Gia: My grandparents all immigrated to the United States from Italy, so I have to say, I’m a little bit biased here. Alessandra and her tag team partner Nadia have been chasing the tag team titles, but we haven’t seen too much of them in singles competition. So I’m excited to see Alessandra in action, and even though the odds may be stacked against her? I’m rooting for her to take home the gold for Italy.

Jake: Last but certainly not least is a...unique choice to represent the USA. And that woman will be none other than Luna Cortez. She might not have been my first choice, but that’s beside the point, I guess.

Finally, Luna’s image appears behind the hosts.

Gia: Is a Cortez anyone’s first choice? I mean honestly. But as a former Nova Champion, Luna is quite accomplished here in Future Shock and while she might be doing this for personal glory, I think her tenacity and stubborn refusal to give up on anything will serve her well in the competition. So good luck to her, and to all five other competitors as we bring Global Wars to Future Shock!

Jake: And that’s your field of six for Future Shock’s first foray into Global Wars. When we have the official kickoff date for it to begin, we’ll let you know. I know it’s going to carry over into 2021. But with all that said, let’s turn our attention to the next edition of Future Shock. We’ll be back in Boston on October 20th. And one match we are going to see is Sydney Christensen facing River Campbell. River’s been looking for a match with Sydney in recent weeks, and I guess DOC finally was able to put it together.

Gia: It’s about time! It’s been too long since we’ve seen River Campbell in a Future Shock ring, but this is one of those cases where I hope River knows just what she’s getting herself into with Sydney. I know she’s survived against competitors like Jacqui Minogue, but Sydney Christiansen is another beast entirely. I wish River all the luck in the world though - and maybe DOC can help try and neutralize Dante.

Jake: It’s important to note none of the matches on this show will be part of Global Wars. That won’t begin with this show. Next up is gonna be what I presume to be one hell of a grudge match.

Jake: Su Wakuda of the Raging Dragons gets to go one on one with Victoria Havoc of the Doomsday Sisters! And after what went down at Impact in Detroit…. I’m not looking for a technical classic here.

Gia: Yeah, neither am I. I expect this one to be a straight-out brawl from start to finish, and I hope Su is able to get some retribution for what happened to her and Jenny at Impact. The Raging Dragons have already beaten The Doomsday Sisters in tag team action, and I hope Su thinks to bring Jenny with her, because I’m sure that wherever Victoria goes, Sienna won’t be too far behind. And even though Angelina Fantastica has returned, she can’t be saving the rest of the roster from a beatdown every show.

Jake: On what is sure to be a lighter note, Gabrielle Crimson makes her return to Future Shock. But not as the ring announcer as she once was, she’s got her own talk show segment she’ll be debuting on the next episode. It’s called The Lightning Round, and she’s working on having one of the Global Wars contenders join her.

Jake: I texted her before we started to see if she could confirm a name yet, but she was still putting all that together. So we’ll find out together, but my guess is it may be Carys.

Gia: Whoever it is, I can’t wait to see Gabrielle hosting The Lightning Round! We’re sure to get some great, in-depth interviews - not that our backstage interviewers don’t do a great job already, but a talk show has a little more time than a normal interview does, and with Gabby knowing the roster so well, I’m sure she’ll have plenty of great questions to ask.

Jake: And that brings us to the main event! It’s a battle of two of the top challengers in the Nova division, and a rematch at that.

Gia: Indeed it is, Jake. This goes all the way back to Future Shock 63, before I’d even started working here! Both Luna and Arabella were looking to become the first ever Nova Champion, and in their last meeting, Arabella ended up walking away with a win over Luna Cortez. This time, both of them have shots at the Nova title in the future, so what are your thoughts here?

Jake: I think it might depend on which Luna we see. She can be a little...all over the place with her attention at times. If she’s not totally zoned in on this match, Arabella could take it and go up 2-0. But if we see the Luna we saw against Katie recently, she’s a lot more dangerous and effective, which means Arabella could be in for a long night.

Gia: And I’m sure Arabella’s still feeling the effects of facing Cassandra Steen and that vicious ankle lock at Impact, so hopefully our British Bombshell has a plan up her sleeve for how to deal with Luna effectively and not end up with a broken ankle in the process.

Jake: All in all, this is going to be a pretty full card. We’ve only got two shows left before the final Future Shock event of 2021 in Busan, South Korea. With all the globe hopping we’ve done this year, it’s only fitting Future Shock inherits Global Wars honestly. On the next After Shock, we’ll have that whole card ready to go along with the next show before it. In case you missed it, Future Shock will be spotlighted at Crossed Out this year in a triple threat elimination match for the Diamond Championship between Carys McFarlane, Madyson Stone, and Cait Flanagan!

Gia: That’s going to be interesting! With elimination rules, Carys may very well lose her title in the beginning of the match, leaving Madyson and Cait to fight it out for the title. This is going to take some strategic planning from all sides, and I’m sure Kyle and Cait have been working on one since the match was announced at Sin & Sacrifice.

Jake: I think these kinds of matches are the most fair to whoever holds a title. How many times have you seen a triple threat where whoever wasn’t pinned or submitted wants another shot at the title by whoever won? In this kind of match, we’ll either crown a new Diamond Champion in either Madyson or Cait...or Carys will have cleared the field for some new contenders.

Gia: I agree, this is much fairer than a standard triple threat. And I’m excited for these girls to be featured at Crossed Out! Carys, Cait, and Madyson have been part of a lot of firsts this year with the Diamond Championship, so I’m glad they get to add one more thing to the list.

Jake: October 20th is the date for us to return to Boston for the 86th edition of Future Shock. You know the card, we’ve set the table for Global Wars still to come, and I think we’re all ready. Gia and I will be there, make sure you join us too! Any final thoughts before we wrap up the super extendo edition of After Shock?

Gia: Just that with all these announcements, 2021 looks like it’s going to be a huge year in Future Shock history. These last few weeks are going to be incredibly intense, but the Future Shock ladies are ready for anything that comes their way. We’ll see you on the other side, with a look at what’s to come for Future Shock 87 and a recap of Future Shock 86!

Jake nods in agreement with that before After Shock fades out on Gia giving the viewers the royal wave of a princess.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 02:40:34 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: