Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 09:51:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

FFW Future Shock - Episode 87

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFW Future Shock - Episode 87  (Read 224 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: November 03, 2020, 03:21:15 pm »

Live from the Future Shock Arena in Boston, Massachusetts
November 3, 2020

A FFW logo is shown stuck on a travel bag as it’s being pulled through the airport. “Leave It All Behind” by Sleeping with Sirens can be heard playing over it. The bag belongs to Arabella Townshend as she heads towards her gate before she gets stopped by a mother and her daughter for an autograph. As she leans down to take a selfie with the little girl, one of the monitors hanging is showing clips from Future Shock.

When you look at my life, tell me what do you see?
I’m only human, so don’t expect too much from me.
I lost my faith, what have I become?
I don't think I can be safe from what I'm running for

The clips feature: Mara Werth getting to her feet and having her hand raised with the Future Shock Championship over her head, Jacqui Minogue hitting her finisher in Saitama, Anna and Luna Cortez bickering before walking in different directions, Su Wakuda reaching for a tag from Jennifer Song, and Gemma Pierce looking at her reflection, and Leighana sitting up as she looks over to an opponent face down on the floor.

Will you remember me
If I were to fall into the sky?
And what will they think of me
If I leave it all behind?
When I leave it all behind?

Arabella continues through the airport, and takes a seat in her terminal. She checks her cell phone to see her itinerary, and gets tapped on the shoulder by another fan who wants a hug. This puts a grin on her face as she returns it, and they show her videos on their phone of her and several of the Prospects.

Would you be so surprised if I gave up tonight?
I'm barely breathing, I wanna kill the pain I feel inside
But I won't quit for the people I love
So I'll say I'm fine until the day I fucking see the light

The clips show: Cait Flanagan coming to the ring and throwing money over her shoulder, Alessandra and Nadia sitting on adjacent turnbuckles and flashing a smile to one another, Sydney Christensen delivering a tombstone piledriver, the Stone Sisters greeting the ringside fans as they head towards the ring, and Laurie ignoring Jane as she speaks with Sara backstage.

If you feel like you are nothing
If you feel like letting go
I'll be your hope when you are hopeless
Together, we are not alone
You're not alone

The doors open as Arabella heads through the gate to board her flight. And as the door with the Future Shock lightning logo seals shut behind her, we go live inside the arena to a roaring crowd. The camera pans the interior with a new stage design, and spotlights flooding the crowd as they see themselves on the video wall. We then cut ringside with Zack and his broadcast partner, Claire. A graphic shows their names on the bottom third of the screen as Zack begins to speak.

Zack: It’s Election Night in America, and I can think of no better way to take your mind off politics than watching the stars of Future Shock here tonight in Boston! Welcome to the Future Shock Arena for the last time in 2020, and tonight is jam-packed with grudge matches as well as the kickoff of the Global Wars series.

Claire: There’s no denying that it’s a huge night for America and the watching the world but I’m sure you’ve heard more than enough of that already. Tonight we’ve got some of the best, brightest talents in the whole of wrestling going at it tonight on what I’m sure will be an historic night for Future Shock.

Zack: We aren’t going to settle any differences in the ballot box, just in the ring. Our main event focuses squarely on one of the most violent feuds I’ve ever seen over tag titles when Jennifer Song and Sienna Danger meet! Their partners will be banned from ringside as well, which is pretty understandable given how things went on our last show.

Claire: Last week we saw chaos reign when Su and Victoria went one on one and things only got more heated between the sides as a result. I’m not sure things are going to go all that much better tonight...but at least it should be a one on one encounter tonight. Right?

Zack: Hope springs eternal on that front. Also Laurie Jane of the Laurie Jane Experience meets Raven Knight after what went down between her, Raven and Jane when they met the Matriarchy. We were reminded that night that Raven is not much of a team player. 

Claire: You’re right there, Zack. Raven is definitely not a team player by any stretch of the imagination and I think Laurie has every right to be upset with the way Knight turned on her. I mean, it was one small, tiny mistake from Laurie and came in the midst of a pretty tumultuous six person tag match. One where Raven was late to the party, to boot.

Zack: We’ll also hear from River Campbell, who was brutally assaulted by Sydney Christensen before their scheduled match last episode. River was transported to Massachusetts General that night to tend to her very bruised ribs caused by Sydney and her aluminum baseball bat.

Claire: River wasn’t at all happy about anything two weeks ago - getting hit by a bat, not getting her match with Sydney or getting taken to the hospital as a precaution. I’m sure she’s just itching to get cleared and lay her hands on Christensen as soon as she possibly can.

Zack: We’re gonna take you on a little sightseeing trip to Staten Island tonight as well, where Angelina Fantastica is preparing for her Future Shock in-ring return in just 2 weeks when she faces Jacqui Minogue in South Korea. 

Claire: Angelina certainly made a splash when she returned to save the Laurie Jane Experience, throwing a wrench in the Matriarchy’s plans. Jacqui’s going to look to make her pay for that in two weeks time...though I doubt that it’s going to be plain sailing for her.

Zack: The Lightning Round returns tonight as Gaby welcomes her most high profile guest so far, sorry Luna. It’ll be her and the Future Shock Director Adam Grant. And I think she can rest easy about sneak attacks tonight from her guest. 

Claire: I wouldn’t say that too loudly, we might have to suffer Luna’s presence out here telling you why she’s got a higher profile. Either way, it’s going to be good to hear from the boss and see what he let’s spill for the future of Future Shock!

Zack: We’re gonna kick things off with an opening round match in the Global Wars series, and there’s no telling what else we may see! It’s all yours, Lexi!

The blonde is shown stepping through the ropes for a little longer than she needs to as the camera looks up to her. She finally steps through with her microphone in hand, and heads for the center of the ring. 

Lexi: The opening contest of Future Shock is scheduled for one fall to a finish, and it is a Global Wars match!

Zack: We’re about to see two countries that aren’t really hostile towards each other, as far as I know, face off. Who do you like in this one, Claire?

Claire: It’s a tough match to call, Zack. Alessandra has shown a lot in the ring...albeit mostly as a tag team wrestler. If she can translate that into singles, she could be a strong contender for the whole Global Wars series. Cait though… she’s got Kyle in her corner, will do anything to win and has already claimed the Future Shock Cup. That could be a pretty big edge for her right there.

As the intro to ‘Don’t Know How To Stop’ start to play around the arena, the sound of engine revving can be made out over the top of it. It gets louder and louder until the sound of tyres screeching is heard just as the lyrics begin.

Head lights, red lights, got it in my sights
Nothings in my way, No sound, hush now
Push the pedal down, got no time to waste
It's a long way home, You just crossed a borderline
When I say go, You know you better hold on tight

Alessandra appears through the curtain wearing a pair of black leather look tights with silver studs around the waistband, and matching bralet with the same silver studs around it. She looks out across the crowd with a smirk before taking off at a run towards the ring.

I don't know how to stop, I give it all I've got
It's like my brakes are shot, I gotta have too much
I don't know how to stop, Gets crazy but so what
You know it's what you want so give it up
And Don't be scared of how good it feels

As she reaches the ring, she jumps up onto the apron and stands facing the stage, reaching back to hold onto the top rope with both hands. She leans forwards and scans the crowd on either side, then kicks her legs up to almost backflip over the top rope, landing on one knee in the ring with her head lowered.

Lexi: Introducing at this time, from Naples, Italy………………………..ALESSANDRA ESPOSITO!

One speed, full speed that is all I need
They can eat my dust, hell yeah, rock on
Will you come along, Do I have your trust?
It's a long way down, If you're getting this high
When I say now, you had better hold on tight
Now!

As the word Now! is said in the lyrics, Alessandra leaps up with her fist in the air and then lands on both feet. She heads to her corner to await the start of the match as her theme music fades out.

Zack: Alessandra was honored to find out she’d be representing Italy in Global Wars, not to mention being the first woman to ever represent it in the history of this series. Do you think she has a disadvantage here given her limited experience in singles matches? It’s a big difference from that when you’re used to being able to rely on having someone to tag.

Claire: I think it puts her at a slight disadvantage, yeah. Not too big of one because even in tag team matches you’re in their one on one for the most part and there are always times that you can get isolated from your partner and can’t make that tag when you need to. So it’s certainly a disadvantage...but not an insurmountable one.

The opening of Madonna’s “Material Girl” begins playing as Cait Flanagan steps out onto the ramp. With a wink, she licks her index finger and touches it to the ground and as she passes the spot, flames shoot up behind her. She reaches into her tights and pulls out a wad of cash, fanning it out for the crowd to see. Kyle follows after her with a smile on his face.

She tousles her hair and fans herself with the money, then shrugs and tosses it behind her, letting it get eaten up by the flames. Cait puts her hand up to her mouth as she seems to realize what she’s done, but then she shrugs her shoulders and cackles.

You know that we are living in a material world, and I am a material girl…

Still laughing, Cait skips the rest of the way down to the ring, tossing her hair over her shoulder and blowing mocking kisses to the men in the audience. She ascends the steps and ducks through the ropes as Kyle opens them for her, as she’s winking at the referee.

Lexi: From Belfast, Northern Ireland, she is The Million Dollar Baby, Cait! Flanagan!

She seems to thank Lexi for her introduction and goes to her corner, laying across the turnbuckle and giving her opponent a cheeky little wave as she waits for things to get started.

Zack: I think Cait Flanagan can be described as the ultimate opportunist. She’s never worried about the methods as long as it achieves the goal she’s after. And between tonight and Crossed Out, she has the ability to put Northern Ireland in the pole position right out of the gate. 

Claire: You’re right Zack. A couple of good weeks for Cait here and she and all the Northern Irish wrestling fans could celebrate an extremely good Christmas. It’s always better to be a front runner rather than trying to make up ground towards the end of the series.

Referee Malcolm Parks makes sure no one is hiding any weapons as Lexi leaves the ring, and he calls for the bell to start the match. Possibly due to her Irish heritage, it sounds like a few of the Boston fans are supporting her while the majority are behind Alessandra. The brunette loosens up a little before heading towards the center of the ring. Cait, meanwhile, is still discussing things with Kyle, who is already on the floor in her corner as she squats down to talk with him. The redhead gives the timeout sign to the referee with her hands, to which she’s reminded by Parks that those don’t exist in wrestling. 

Claire: Cait’s trying to get her final strategy briefing straight...or is probably playing mind games with her opponent here, trying to frustrate her and bait her in. Alessandra has to be wary of just charging in here.

Zack: The match has been announced for a week now, so there’s been plenty of time for plotting and planning. I don’t think this is anything more than baiting, like you said. 

The two continue their discussion as Alessandra starts to pace back and forth. The referee asks her to stay back since Cait is near the ropes, but the Italian beauty is quickly starting to lose her patience waiting for things to get underway. Cait finally stands up, and leans through the ropes this time to continue her conversation with her manager. Alessandra finally has enough of this, and immediately goes to grab her around the waist. Parks darts towards them, and tries to free Cait’s head from Alessandra’s grip until the Future Shock Cup winner mule kicks her between the legs and drops her to her knees. Parks, who was trying to break Alessandra’s grip, glances around to see her on her knees before Cait leans back into the ring and says she’s ready to go and starts teeing off with straight right hands into Esposito’s head. 

Claire: There we go. Cait was just waiting on Alessandra to lose patience with her just to catch her with a low blow and get an early upperhand.

Zack: That’s about par for the course with the “Million Dollar Baby”, and she could be the next Diamond Champion before the end of the month too.

Parks asks her what happened, and Cait shrugs her shoulders before going back to laying in shots on Alessandra’s head. Flanagan grabs her by the head with both hands before introducing her knee into the brunette’s face repeatedly. It topples her over onto all fours for a moment before Cait rebounds off the far side with a hip attack to her head that sends her face down into the bottom turnbuckle. She presses one boot against the back of her head as she presses the Italian’s face against the padding to suffocate her. Parks starts a five count before Cait raises her foot at four...and stomps it right back to where it was for another four count.

Zack: We know Cait will take any path to get what she wants, and right now that path includes trying to suffocate Alessandra’s face against the bottom turnbuckle pad. Asking Cait if she did anything illegal is like asking a brick if it’s hard. 

Claire: We’re certainly seeing Cait’s more ruthless side, but I’m sure Alessandra knew that she’d have to deal with this sooner or later...it just happens to be sooner and gives her a real hill to climb to get back into this contest.

Finally she drags Alessandra out of the corner by both feet, and drops an elbow into the back of her head. Smiling widely, she pulls her back to her feet into a rear waistlock. As soon as she’s vertical though, that’s when Esposito starts throwing back elbows with both arms. Cait’s head catches most of them, causing her to stumble backwards a moment before Esposito spins around to deliver a bell clap. That really disorients the redhead before the Italian beauty pulls her forward into a short arm clothesline. She doesn’t let her stay down long though before yanking her up, and whipping her hard into the far corner. Flanagan crashes chest first before her opponent clobbers her with a corner clothesline to the back of her head followed by a couple more quick ones into a release German suplex.

Zack: Alessandra found her opening, and now we’re seeing what she excels at . She may be short, but she’s full of power and Cait just got tossed out like yesterday’s newspaper.

Claire: This was what Flanagan needed to avoid if at all possible. Alessandra can be laser focused and can tear through an opponent if given the chance.

She didn’t allow Cait much time to recover at all before grabbing her by the hair and the tights to send her shoulder first into the middle turnbuckle. It collapsed Flanagan to her knees before Esposito jerked her to her feet again, this time into a Russian leg sweep. Several quick leg drops landed across the back of Cait’s head before the brunette rolled her onto her stomach and applied a seated straitjacket with Cait’s arms being pulled around her neck. 

Zack: That’s a tough submission to escape from when your opponent is sitting on your back and choking you out with your own arms. I think Cait may have pissed Alessandra off. She has that effect on a lot of people, ask Madyson and Carys.

Claire: She really does and you’d think she’d learn wouldn’t you? Still, Alessandra can dictate the pace here and use this hold to apply pressure to Cait’s back while making it hard for her to draw breathe and really slow her down as

Parks asked Cait if she wanted to stop the match, but that wasn’t the case. The more she struggled, the tighter Alessandra pulled her hands behind her. It wasn’t long before Cait’s face started to darken in shade. Unfortunately for her, Alessandra had her facing the ropes so her legs weren’t going to be able to reach them. It was quickly clear that Kyle was getting concerned too before rubbed his chin and darted around the corner. He went to the timekeeper’s table, snatching Lexi’s bottled water before going back and tossing the contents into Alessandra’s face between the ropes. It blinded her, causing her to break the hold. Cait was free, and Parks leaned through the ropes to admonish him. Kyle argued back, telling him it was just water.

Claire: Well….that’s one way for Kyle to save his client from passing out without touching Alessandra, though I’m not sure the Italian appreciates getting water thrown in her face.

Zack: I guarantee you she most certainly didn’t, and he’s about to have a whole new problem in his face in about three seconds! 

Alessandra wiped her eyes, and went to grab him herself until Cait cinched her up from behind with a schoolgirl rollup. Kyle told the referee to count as Parks was still giving him the business, and the official spun around and dove into position!

Claire: Don’t take direction from him Parks, you want to carry on reading him the riot act go ahead. Heck, call security out here and get him dragged to the back if you want. You’re the man in charge out here.

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!

T-NOOO!!

The Italian beauty kicked out in time, and Alessandra popped back to her feet. Her temper was starting to flare now as Cait ducked a spinning backfist. She countered with a kidney punch to the brunette’s lower back and then into a backstabber. The redhead then sat up, trying to catch her breath for a moment.

Zack: I think the gameplan for this match was to piss Alessandra off, and try to make her make mistakes. And I’d say it’s had about a 50% effectiveness rate so far. 

Claire: If that’s the case, Cait is playing with fire. She might succeed in forcing Alessandra into some mistakes...but when she gets her hand on the Million Dollar Princess, it’s not going to be pretty.

She rose to her feet quickly after she saw Esposito starting to get up, and pulled her into position for her facebuster finisher. But Alessandra countered that by lifting her upside down into a backdrop driver. That brought the crowd back into it as Alessandra got back to her feet again. She took off towards the ropes as Cait was getting up, looking for a diving elbow to the back of her head. But Flanagan was pulled by her feet out of the ring by her manager, and Alessandra cracked her elbow against the mat instead. And once again, Parks started in on Kyle, who merely argued he can touch his own clients all he wants. 

Claire: Alessandra got nothing but mat there...thanks to Kyle. He might want to get out of dodge when this one is finished because if Esposito gets her hands on him, he might suddenly regret a lot of his life choices. 

Zack: Technically he’s right in what he’s saying, but that doesn’t make it right, if that makes sense. He hasn’t put a hand on Alessandra, but I think she’s going to put a few on him.

Cait gave her manager a smile before sliding back into the ring, and catching Alessandra with a running knee to the side of her head. It dropped her back to the mat before the redhead began to focus on the elbow Alessandra struck against the mat. She extended that arm and pressed it to the canvas before driving knees into that elbow repeatedly. Cait got up and pressed one foot against Esposito’s shoulder before snapping her arm in that direction. It caused the Italian brunette to clutch her arm to her body as Cait dropped down to apply a Fujiwara armbar submission.

Zack: Cait’s going right to work on that elbow Alessandra missed with a little bit ago. This offense is starting to remind me of Sophia Pike now. 

Claire: It’s smart from Flanagan, I’ll give her that much. She has a target that she can pick apart and might get her the submission win here tonight and while she does it, it limits what Alessandra can do and takes away from her power advantage.

The referee dropped down next to Alessandra to see about stopping the match, and she made it clear she didn’t want that. Cait tried to pull that arm back a little further to increase the pain, and it worked as her opponent’s face grimaced and darkened in color. The Boston fans were starting to chant for the brunette, which seemed to drive her as she clawed with her right hand to pull them as close to the ropes as she could. Kyle tried to warn Cait about it, but it wasn’t in enough time before Alessandra grabbed the bottom rope with her right hand. Parks called for the break, and got it at four. He warned her about disqualifying her as Esposito was getting to her feet. Cait rolled her eyes at the referee, and headed towards Alessandra….who clocked her with a right hook to the jaw that collapsed Cait where she stood.

Zack: Good Lord! Alessandra with a right hook that dropped Cait like a house of cards!

Claire: As good as any shot I’ve ever seen delivered inside that ring!! Alessandra might have scored the knockout there!!!

It was clear that Alessandra was angry now as Cait was beginning to move. The redhead checked her teeth with one hand before she was pulled up to her feet. Esposito began unloading with forearms to the side of her head in a flurry. Each one nearly sent her down again before Cait was whipped across to the far side, and deposited with a spinebuster on the rebound. With the fans behind her, Alessandra nodded her head and looked to see Cait starting to rise again. She quickly pulled her into her snap swinging neckbreaker before crawling across her to make the cover. 

Zack: It’s OPEN SEASON on Irish redheads, and Italy’s going to start the Global Wars series with 2 points!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREE-NOOO!!!

Cait rolled her shoulder off the mat in time before the three, and Alessandra rained forearms into her head for it. She rolled her over onto her stomach, and applied a Muta Lock submission. 

Claire: Alessandra showing that she doesn’t need to knock you out to score a win...she can tie you up and look to make you tap instead!!

Parks darted around in front of Cait to check for a submission, but wasn’t getting one as Kyle shouted some advice to her from the floor. Alessandra’s eyes were focused to the right of her head at Cait’s face as she had the hold locked in as tightly as she could. The referee checked again, but Cait escaped by using one hand to jam a thumb into her eye. The hold broke, and the brunette rolled away, covering her eye in pain.

Claire: We said Cait would do whatever she had to in order to win...and there’s not a thing you can do to strengthen your eyes or prevent them from being a weak spot if someone is determined to jab a digit in there.

Zack: That was the only way she was going to get out of that submission too, unless Kilmeade was going to find another water bottle. 

Cait started to get back to her feet as Kyle continued to shout advice to her. She nodded her head, and moved slowly towards Alessandra, who had one hand pressed against her eye where Cait had caught her a second ago. As the brunette tried to get to her feet, Cait pulled her head between her legs and delivered her double underhook facebuster! Esposito bounced off the mat before Flanagan rolled her over for the cover with a leg hook. 

Zack: The IRISH GOODBYE!!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Parks called for the bell to boos from the majority of the Boston crowd. Cait sat up on her knees, a smile forming on her face as her manager joined her in the ring. The referee raised her hand as she got to her feet.

Claire: Flanagan did everything that she could tonight...used every cheap trick in the book and it took each and every single one of them to overcome Alessandra and steal a victory from her.

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall………………..’THE MILLION DOLLAR BABY’ CAIT FLANAGAN!!

The camera shoots up to the Global Wars scoreboard as two points appear next to Cait’s picture, which only makes her smile wider.

Zack: Cait Flanagan puts Northern Ireland on the board with 2 points, and as we’ve said, the means don’t matter to Cait as long as she gets the result. Her next stop is Crossed Out, where she plans to double that score and claim the Diamond Championship!

Claire: She’s going to have her work cut out for her there. There’s absolutely no love lost between her and Carys and Mikayla but if she can achieve that goal...Northern Ireland will be in a very, very strong position in the Global Wars series.

She gave Kyle a hug before he opened the ropes for her to leave the ring. He looked as happy as her as he raised her hand at ringside before the show headed elsewhere in the Future Shock Arena. 

Ragin’ River

The next shot takes us to a clip of River being attacked on the last Future Shock till she was unable to stand, thanks to the violent coughing caused by Sydney Christensen’s baseball bat. Then we see clips of her x-rays after she was taken to the Massachusetts General Hospital for treatment. Next we return to the live broadcast, and find her with DOC. Her manager is busily fluffing up pillows to pack around her body, almost as though he were trying to bury her up to her neck with them. Then he moved around to sit down nearby her on the couch. 

DOC: I sent one of the production assistants to bring you more pillows and maybe a bottle of whiskey if there’s one in this arena. 

River: Thanks DOC. The bottle of whiskey I appreciate a lot...though if you bury me in any more pillows I think I’m gonna need a couple of straws so that I can breathe and sip out of that bottle. I feel like I’m pretty much surrounded by pillows. Like this is my very own, one person pillow fort. Don’t you think that you might have gone a little bit overboard already?

DOC: Not at all. The ones I asked for, a couple are for me because I piled the ones I was using on you. Gotta keep you safe after all. Besides I’ve also had some new ring gear ordered for you. It’s gonna add about 15 pounds to your body, but the interior is lined like one of those pillow top mattresses, ya know? Except you’ll have it from the neck down! 

River: That’s...that’s very kind of you DOC, but you really didn’t need to go to all that expense of new ring gear. And if you’re not comfortable you can take a couple of these. I don’t think anyone is going to be able to sneak up behind me here. Your heart is in the right place….but that’s all a knee jerk reaction to what happened don’t you think? What I really need is to kick Sydney’s ass all around Boston before I drag her back into the ring and beat all over again in front of the fans. Teach her a lesson and make her know that she made a huge mistake two weeks ago when she jumped me with that baseball bat of hers. 

DOC: Adam said you could have a rematch with her sometime. And that...that reminds me!

He got up from the seat, and went behind the sofa before picking up a paper shopping bag. He pulled out a padded neck brace before wrapping it around River’s neck, leaving on her head visible now.

DOC: That’ll cushion your neck too. I bought it at a medical surplus shop. That’s what they give whiplash victims to wear. I also got some Crocs on the way, so you can have your feed padded too. 

River took a deep breath, letting it out with a sigh.

River: Thank you. It’s a kind thought. But I didn’t get whiplash and my feet are fine. It was my rib cage that she targeted; that’s caused all these Doctors to get so concerned and over cautious.  All I want is my rematch. ASAP. Hell, why don’t we just go out to the ring right now and call out that Canadian prick and her waste of flesh manager. Settle it right now by taking her head off her shoulders. That would make me feel a whole Hell of a lot better.

DOC: Because you’re not booked on the show. And I’m not sure she’s even here tonight. But I haven’t been looking for her. Besides I already gave the bossman a good timeframe for that rematch that’ll give you plenty of time to recuperate. I told him we’d aim for April, that’s DOC’s birth month!

River: APRIL?!?!?!? No Way. Look, DOC, I appreciate that it’s your birth month and it’d be one Hell of a birthday present to get - Canadian guts made into sock garters for you. Or like a baseball bat as soon on TV...but that is WAY too far away. There is no way I’m waiting till April. Not even if I have to take matters into my own hands and wait outside in the parking lot to beat her ass like a snare drum. I’m fine. I’m ready and raring to go. Let’s get her in the ring already and give these fans what they want to see already. Hell, I’ll even sign a waiver if that’s what Adam needs to cover his ass and protect FFW. Fuck, if I try to sue, they can show this tape in court. I, River Campbell, of sound mind want to pound on Sydney Christensen the way every single team in the NFL is doing to the New York Jets on a weekly basis and will accept any consequences to my health that may entail. On my own head be it. There you go. Now, let’s get her in the ring and we can show her what it’s like to be a crash test dummy.

DOC: There’s only one show left on the calendar for Future Shock this year, that’s in South Korea in a couple weeks. You don’t want to be sitting on a 22 hour flight. Besides I think we’re overlooking the whole April thing. It’s a good month. The weather is usually nice here, and you’ll be totally healed up by then. We gotta think about your other commitments. You got a SVW title defense we may have to postpone, not to mention some appearances I’ve set up for you. Ever been to Hobart Bay, Alaska? 

River: We can visit on the way back from South Korea, it’ll break up the 22 hour flight a little bit. And what better way to prepare and warm up for an SVW Pride Title Defence than taking on Sydney Christensen? Then beating a Canadian bitch with a baseball bat on one of the biggest shows of the year, in front of a South Korean crowd and beating her so badly that she chooses to dress up like Rodman and run all the way from Busan to  Pyongyang to meet up with Kim Jong Un to shoot some hoops? Make the match happen, DOC. 

DOC: I’ll see what the bossman says. In the meantime, I need you to take it easy. All that fire inside you ain’t good for bad ribs. You need to keep calm, and stay comfortable. 

It was about this time the door opened, and the PA returned with an arm load of pillows and a bottle of Jack Daniels. He dumped the pillows between DOC and River before the manager started trying to pad River up a little more. He also opened the whiskey, and produced a long swivel straw from that bag he had earlier to put into the top of it.

DOC: Enjoy your whiskey while we pad all the places we might have missed. 

He even put the tip of the straw into her mouth for her. River sucked on the straw for a moment before pursing her lips to blow it away from her as she tried to fight out from under the pillows.

River: You didn’t miss anywhere DOC. I look like the Michelin Man and I’m starting to roast in here. Thank you, but just let me have a couple of pillows and the whiskey and we’ll be fine. I’ll focus on being comfortable and getting better and you can focus on making the match happen in South Korea. That sound good to you?

DOC only nodded, not that it was clear he was listening to her as he untied her shoes and took them off to place her feet on two pillows too before the show cut to a commercial break. 

As we come back from commercial break, we’re immediately greeted by the sight of the “Wildcat” Gabrielle Crimson, standing in the center of the ring with her trademark short dress and a microphone, the squared circle already “decorated” for the Frenchwoman’s segment. Her entrance music, “Endless Possibilities”, slowly dies down as she smiles at the antsy crowd. Alongside her, already inside the ring, is Future Shock’s commissioner, Adam Grant.

Gabrielle: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen; Gabrielle Crimson reporting for duty! Welcome to tonight’s Lightning Round! Now… I know two weeks ago, things didn’t exactly go as planned, so we couldn’t… you know, get the show to happen the way I expected. Because I want the Lightning Round to be informative. We’re here to have a conversation. And I don’t think I could ask for a better conversation partner than my guest for tonight’s Round. Already in the ring with me, none other than the shot-caller himself, the Director of Future Shock… And one of my great friends, Adam Grant!

The audience gives Adam his due appreciation as Gabrielle joins him in the benches set up for the talk-show segment of the show.

Gabrielle: I don’t think we’ve ever had a conversation like this before. Why do I feel so formal this time?

Adam: Maybe because we haven’t usually had them in front of a live audience? We’re not used to having this many eavesdroppers.

Gabrielle: I know, right? But tonight’s really gonna be something else, because I got some questions from the Faithful, and some from myself as well, that we all wanna know straight from the boss’s mouth… And not all of them regarding Global Wars, mind you. As a matter of fact, let’s start with those trivia questions, because people HAVE brought up something curious to me, that I had completely overlooked myself.

Gabrielle picks up a card and its image shows up on the screen: “0 Future Shock graduations throughout 2020”.

Gabrielle: Future Shock has always provided FFW with new talent, and for the longest time Future Shock’s whole raison d’être was to prepare the women involved to take up on bigger challenges in the so-called “main roster”; but we’re starting November, so the year is almost through and… There have been no graduations this year! What… What happened?

Adam: Well without getting too much into the weeds of business, I’ll put it like this. Early in the year, I told everyone that Future Shock was no longer considered as a feeder for FFW. That these girls were way more than developing talent, and the Impact specials proved that. The boss and I agree that Future Shock isn’t FFW’s developmental roster, it’s FFW’s second roster. So while you’re going to see people cross back and forth, Future Shock is now almost considered like it’s own promotion inside FFW. Does that make sense?

Gabrielle: Perfect sense. Especially seeing as some of the women in Future Shock right now have been big names in the main FFW roster, the main name coming to mind right now being Angelina Fantástica. Not to mention it wasn’t too long since the Gold Standard were the Future Shock Tag Team Champions, too, so that speaks volumes.

Adam: You’ve already seen Angelina come here. You got Raven Knight here now. But I’ll tell you and everyone watching that they are gonna want to make sure to check out Crossed Out on the 28th. Because you’re going to see someone from this roster make their arrival in FFW that night, and it is not someone in the Diamond title match either. 

Gabrielle: Do we call it a graduation still? Or, like… A swap?

Adam: I like to think of it as going through the gate, since this is kind of a gateway to FFW.

Gabrielle: Sounds about right! And in case you missed it…

The graphic for the Diamond Championship match at Crossed Out flashes on screen.

Gabrielle: The feature Future Shock match at Crossed Out will have the Diamond Championship on the line! It’ll be Madyson Stone and Cait Flanagan trying to take the belt off Carys McFarlane! Three wrestlers, two eliminations, one belt, no excuses!

The image lingers for a moment before we come back to Gabrielle and Adam.

Gabrielle: While we’re on the subject of PPVs, though… Global Wars. It’s been a staple of FFW for five years, and now it’s being brought to Future Shock. The first points have already been contested, with Cait Flanagan tallying the first 2 points for North Ireland. I wanted to know what motivated you to snag Global Wars to be a Future Shock event, when FFW’s main roster was, for lack of a better word, done with it?

Adam: In August, Samantha and I had one of our meetings and she told me she was leaning towards having an event called Crossed Out at the end of the year instead of Global Wars. She thought after five years of it, that FFW had done a lot with it already and there wasn’t a lot more left to explore. So when she told me that, I jumped on it and asked about bringing Global Wars to Future Shock. She was very eager to see how we would do it, and it was a done deal. After she announced that it was being retired by FFW, she and I both saw the response from both fans and the talent about how much they are going to miss it. So I went ahead and made it official that Global Wars is now and for the foreseeable future a Future Shock staple. 

Gabrielle: I myself do enjoy the format a lot. You know I’m a fan of calculations and what-ifs, you’ve seen me do it, and now I get to do it for Future Shock, which is great! But one thing made me very curious, and that is roster diversity.

Another card flashes on screen: “9 possible countries”.

Gabrielle: FFW has always been an international country, which allowed for an 8-country Global Wars event at one point. But Future Shock, being a slightly smaller roster, features less countries. Nine, to be exact, most of them with but one possible representative: France, Italy, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and of course, America. I know you wouldn’t pit the two halves of Target Acquired against one another, so there’s that; but what was the process of picking between these possibilities and narrowing it down to six?

Adam: Because six is easier than 9 to build a series around, for one. Two, I wanted to include some new countries that have never been represented, like Italy and Northern Ireland. Being in North America, we had to have Canada and the USA obviously. Scotland was a big stop for us in the past on our international shows, so it’s only fair to include them and England, which is another big stop for us each year. So what decided it was a mix of where we had a lot of fans as well as trying to include some new countries that haven’t had the chance in all those prior years.

Gabrielle: Not to mention Canada are two-time Global Wars “champions”, so that’s enough reason for the Great North to be represented. Sydney Christensen has big shoes to fill. On the other side of the countries’ equation, though…

Another card is flashed: “19 American wrestlers”. Incidentally, the background of this card features none other than Luna Cortez, which makes the crowd erupt in boos.

Gabrielle: We have 19 American-born wrestlers in Future Shock as of right now. I say that because I’m technically American, but I was born and raised in France, but let’s not get political here. Out of all possible choices… Why Luna Cortez?

Adam: I’m not the one to ask there. Not all of the participants were chosen by Bri or I. Three representatives were chosen by Samantha. The USA is one of them. And since she owns it all, I can’t really argue with her, right? 

Gabrielle cocks an eyebrow, intrigued.

Gabrielle: Well, yeah, I mean… Of course Samantha Star would have a clear interest in Future Shock’s Global Wars, but… Well. Of all wrestlers she could’ve picked. 

Adam: You may not know this, but it was Samantha who was instrumental in bringing the Cortez Sisters back to FFW and Future Shock. She rehired them all, and returned them to their original rosters before they left. Maybe she’s looking for a return on her investment? 

Gabrielle: Makes sense. I did hear that the Cortez Sisters as a unit had a contract problem in the beginning of the year, and the way they all appeared at the same time, pretty much picking up where they left off, was pretty emblematic. And since we’re talking about that, and international affairs…!

The graphic for Future Shock’s next big event flashes on screen.

Gabrielle: The next edition of Future Shock will come to you from Busan, South Korea! Save the date: November 17th will feature at least two championship matches, and the return of FFW’s favorite Daddy!

Gabrielle: Angelina Fantástica makes her long-awaited ring return against Future Shock’s “purist”, Jacqui Minogue!

Gabrielle: Luna Cortez has the chance to retrieve the championship she says she’s never lost when she takes on Mikayla Stone!

Gabrielle: But the big one is on the line as well! Mara Werth will defend the Future Shock Championship against the Gold Standard’s Stacey Sky!

And we come back to the ring…

Gabrielle: And I hear there’s more matches to be announced. Anything for us to keep our eyes peeled for the next edition of After Shock?

Adam: More matches will be announced. One that was announced recently is a tag match between the Laurie Jane Experience against the North Harbour Girls.

Gabrielle: Yep, these are the four matches announced so far, but there’s more to come. Don’t miss After Shock with Jake Chandler and Princess Gia next week for the up and up on the South Korea Special!... Well, this went without a hitch! And Missy didn’t show up with a frozen fish, so I’ll consider this a success! I’d hate to be trout-slapped by the FFW Champion.

Adam: I can invite her out here if you want. Kidding. Stick around, we got a helluva grudge match coming up next. 

Then the show cuts to a video detailing the history of the next match.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 09:18:44 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 03:37:32 pm »

Future Shock returns from the commercial break, and immediately goes back to the ring where Lexi is ready and waiting to begin. 

Zack: The first two points have been awarded in the Global Wars series, and the rest of tonight is nothing but grudge matches. I know Laurie asked for this match, but I don’t envy her in the slightest considering who she’s about to have to deal with.

Claire: No. This could definitely be one of those cases where you should be careful what you wish for. Raven is as dangerous as they come and Laurie can’t afford to switch off for a moment.

The lights go out completely as the opening guitar riff of ‘Is this the way you get to hell by Stitched up heart’ starts to play. A red spotlight hits highlighting a handbasket sitting on the otherwise empty stage.

Is this the way you get to hell?
Is this the way you get to hell in a handbasket?
You will tear me apart.
You will tear apart my mind, My simple mind.
It's just cause you hurt so bad,
That you end up blind, You end up blind.
Is this the way you… Is this the way you...
Is this the way you…

A second spotlight hits at the entrance to see Raven Knight standing with her arms raised above her head making the bottom of her top raise enough to show part of her taut abdomen. Boos erupt from the crowd which just bring a smirk to the resident firestarter’s face. 

Dripping from bloody fingers,
Running from the palms of my hands.
I didn’t even have a chance.

Lexi: Introducing at this time...from Providence, Rhode Island,--weighing in at one-hundred twenty pounds, she is the “The Dark Raven:” RAVEN KNIIIIGHT!

I will tear you apart.
I will tear apart your mind, Your simple mind.
It's just cause I hurt so bad,
That I end up blind, I end up with a simple mind.
Is this the way you… Is this the way you...
Is this the way you…

Raven walks out onto the stage and approaches the handbasket with the smirk still in place on her face, suddenly she kicks out sending the basket toppling down the ramp and scattering black rose petals in its wake and down the ramp.

I didn’t even have a chance.

Raven walks down the ramp towards the ring with her arms raised either side of her and her middle fingers extended towards the crowd. She speeds up as she nears the ring and jumps up onto the apron, sliding under the bottom rope and jumping to her feet in a quick fluid sequence. She raises her middle fingers to the crowd again before going back to her corner and laughing at the animosity she is getting from the crowd.

Zack: The last time Raven Knight was in a singles match, her opponent pulled her arm out of its socket before she popped it back in and still got the win. For my money, there may be no one with a higher pain tolerance on this roster...or as dangerous...as Raven. 

Claire: That’s part of what makes Raven so dangerous, certainly. There’s also her love for the fight, the fact that she doesn’t really give a damn about her opponent’s health and then factor in that she won’t mind setting you on fire if she gets really pissed off. Or just if she wants to.

The lights go out for a couple of moments before “Paradise Circus” by Massive Attack begins to play, causing the lights to flicker on and off randomly over the crowd. After a couple of seconds of this, a single spotlight appears on the entrance ramp to illuminate Laurie Jane; the brunette stood there in glittering metallic blue, tights and matching top with the initials ‘LJE’ emblazoned down the leg and across the chest in gold lettering. A step behind her, taking up the exact same pose is her partner, Jane Strode - in matching ring gear but with an all black hooded sweatshirt covering her torso. 

Lexi: Ladies and Gentlemen… Please welcome… LAURIE JANE!!!

The pair slowly made their way down to the ring, climbing the ring steps one after the other as Laurie entered the ring and stood in her corner. As Laurie performed a couple of last minute stretches, Jane stayed on the apron giving Laurie a final pep talk; the brunette trying to subtly shrug off and ignore the blonde behind her as she looked to be trying to focus on the match in front of her before Jane dropped from the apron to the floor in her corner.
Zack: Much like we discussed in the last match with Alessandra, you can count all of Laurie’s singles matches on one hand and still have fingers left over. She got her wish, she wanted Raven. I might have tried to talk her out of this decision.

Claire: I’m not sure that you could talk her out of it, Zack. Her heart seemed pretty set on getting this match. Though it could be a huge mistake if she starts zoning in and out of this match the way we see in some of their interviews.

Referee Ashley Pruitt checked both women quickly before Lexi left the ring, and Laurie hadn’t even gotten halfway out of the corner before Raven rushed her with a shoulder tackle back into that corner as the bell rang. The tag wrestler started throwing hands, but Raven quickly got the better of that exchange. So much so that Laurie ended up trying to cover up with both arms, causing Raven to use hammer fists into the top of her head to drive her down to a seat against the corner. Laurie tried to cover the top of her head, only for Raven to then grab the ropes and start firing kicks and stomps into her body.  Knight backed up out of the corner as the referee was telling her to do it or get disqualified. Laurie dropped her guard sitting in the corner, looking dazed.

Zack: Getting into a fistfight with Raven is a bad idea. No good is gonna come of that, and Laurie just learned that the hard way. 

Claire: You’re right Zack and Raven is going to use that knowledge to her advantage as this match goes on.

Laurie finally got back to her feet as Raven stood in the center of the ring, asking her if she was sure she wanted this match. That only seemed to give Laurie more determination as she headed straight for her, and Raven leaned forward and tapped her chin. She invited Laurie to take a shot, which wasn’t something she expected. When she didn’t act fast enough Raven piefaced her backwards a few steps and tapped her chin again. Laurie stepped forward, and slapped her across the face instead. 

Zack: Oh...oh no…

Raven grinned at the slap and immediately surprised her with a double leg takedown, quickly mounting her and unloading with right hands to her head repeatedly. Once more, Laurie tried to cover up. But Raven pulled her arms apart, and fired repeated headbutts into her face!

Claire: This...this is not going at all well for Laurie here. Raven’s just beating her down. This an outright assault...a mugging in the middle of the ring!

She finally relented and pulled Laurie to her feet by the wrist, and used her other arm to fire forearms into her head. Knight fired her into the far corner, and followed her in with a running high knee to the chin. The brunette backed up a couple steps and let the tag wrestler stumble out before spinning her around into a leg hook Saito suplex that sent Laurie upside down against the corner. She landed upside down too before Raven used a basement dropkick to her chest to topple her over onto her side.

Zack: Laurie has to wrestle Raven. She’s not going to stand toe to toe with her and trade shots, that’s not gonna work. And trying to piss her off is possibly an even worse idea.

Claire: She’s playing into Knight’s hands and it’s going to be a long, long night for her if she can’t turn the tide pretty quickly. 

Raven glanced down to Jane on the floor, asking her if she wanted to tag in and give her a fight. Jane looked ready to take up the challenge too, but instead started trying to rally the crowd behind Laurie. When the firestarter turned around to see Laurie was back to her feet against the corner, she charged in after her again. But Laurie got her foot up this time, and caught her across the jaw. That stunned Raven for a second, and Laurie quickly followed up with a yakuza kick to the chest. Raven still didn’t fall down though, only wobbling backwards before Laurie hopped up onto the second turnbuckle from the inside to deliver a blockbuster! She dove across her to make the cover as Pruitt slid into position.

Zack: There we go, that’s what she needs to do!

ONE!!

Raven kicked out as the two was on the way down, and shoved Laurie off her. The brunette rolled back to her feet as Jane shouted encouragement to her partner. With Raven trying to get up to her feet, Laurie rebounded off the near side with a running kneelift to the face. 

Claire: Laurie starting to roll and build up some momentum...but as you highlighted earlier, Zack, Raven’s got a high pain tolerance and it takes a lot to put her away for the three count.

It dropped Knight to her knees on the mat, and Laurie was starting to get excited now. She took off towards the corner, making her way up top quickly for a moonsault that took Knight down again. Laurie got back to her feet, smiling now as she heard the crowd. Knight started to stir again on the canvas though, and Laurie followed up with an Asai moonsault off the ropes. It landed perfectly before she hooked the outside leg for the cover. 

Zack: Beautifully executed, Laurie’s ready to put this one in the books!

ONE!!!

TW-NO!

Raven kicked out again as Jane shouted to her partner to stay on her and not let her have a second to herself. Laurie ignored her though, instead feeding off the crowd energy. She pulled Raven back to her feet, and whipped her into the far corner back first. Knight hung there for a second before Laurie went for an avalanche splash...but Raven brought both her knees up and she splashed those instead.

Claire: Laurie might have been wise to have listened to Jane there and tried to keep Raven on the mat and use holds to wear her down. They might be the skills that she really needs to work on to become more of a total package.

Laurie staggered backwards holding her ribs before Raven scooped her up into a gutbuster to send her down to the mat. Knight delivered a standing fist drop after that, and pulled Laurie back to her feet. She easily lifted her for a snake eyes in the corner, causing the brunette to lumber backwards as Raven pulled a glove out of her top, slid it onto her hand, and plunged her mandible claw into Laurie’s mouth!

Claire: MANDIBLE CLAW!!!! Raven got it applied tightly here and the pressure on the nerve… it can just cause your entire body to freeze up!!

Zack: Laurie needs to get out of this as soon as possible, and keep Raven from bringing her down to the mat. If she gets her down, this won’t take long at all!

The tag wrestler tried to fight her off, but Raven was absorbing the blows and trying to bring her down to the mat. It didn’t take long before the hold really started taking effect though, causing Laurie to freeze up and Raven tripped her to take her down to the mat. Now sat on her knees with her arm fully extended, Knight’s middle and ring finger were barely visible in Laurie’s mouth.

Zack: That hold right there is debilitating! And it doesn’t take long for it to take effect either, especially now that Raven has Laurie grounded. This may be academic right now. Look at her fingers...you can’t even see them!

Claire: I’m not sure how long Laurie is going to be able to hold out in this hold. And I’m not sure Raven’s in any mood to release it even if she does get the win with it!

Laurie used her hands to try to pull Raven’s fingers from her mouth, but it wasn’t working. Instead she used her last effort by raising her elbow and striking Raven on the nose. Three quick shots caused her to relent, and clutch her face. Laurie immediately rolled away from her out to the floor. Jane darted around the ring towards her partner as Laurie was coughing heavily, as if she had something still lodged in her throat. 

Claire: Desperation from Laurie but it got her the break and the opportunity to regroup on the outside with her tag partner. She has to do something though to wrestle the upper hand back from Knight.

Zack: Those elbows aren’t going to hold her off for very---and from my mouth to God’s ear. Here she comes again!

Raven had rolled out of the ring around the corner, and made a beeline for Laurie. Jane stood between them though, trying to give Laurie a little more time to get herself together. However, she was still coughing on all fours. Raven grinned at her handiwork, and Jane stepped between them again. Pruitt told Raven to get the match back in the ring. When Jane glanced up to the official, Raven pulled her into a flatliner on the floor. She got to her feet, and started putting the boots to the back of Jane’s head with a fury.

Zack: You gotta respect Jane for putting herself in the line of fire for her tag partner. I’m not sure it would have happened if it was the other way around. She bought Laurie a few seconds, and she’s paying for it now!

Claire: Jane keeps saying she always has Laurie’s back and we’re seeing it first hand right there. Not that it’s done her much good as Raven’s picking a fight with both members of the Experience right here!!

As Raven pummeled her partner, Laurie pulled herself up onto the apron and slid back into the ring. Knight pulled Jane up off the floor, and sent her into the ring steps, while Laurie sat on the canvas to catch her breath. The firestarter glanced up to see Laurie staring at her and not doing anything to stop her. 

Zack: Laurie’s watching this like a Netflix movie. I think even Raven’s a little surprised that she hasn’t lifted a finger to help her own partner. I’m not. 

Claire: No, I think she believes Jane can look after herself - rightly or wrongly. And at the moment Jane is on the receiving end of one heck of a beating from the pyromaniac!!

Raven climbed up onto the apron to step back into the ring, and that’s when Laurie darted towards her. She began throwing hands again, which didn’t work any better than they did at the start of the match. So instead she snapped Knight’s neck across the top rope. Before she could fall back to the floor, Laurie hoisted her up for a vertical suplex to bring her back into the ring. Laurie got back to her feet, and headed towards the ropes as she waved Raven to get up. Meanwhile, Jane was starting to move finally on the floor and was trying to get back to her feet. 

Zack: I’m not sure what Laurie has in mind here, but I wouldn’t be giving Raven time to get up to do whatever it is. 

Claire: You’re right. It’s almost like Laurie didn’t learn the last time she had Raven down on the mat and let her get back to her feet.

Raven finally got to all fours and was on her way to her feet when Laurie darted past her towards the ropes. Knight spun around as Laurie used the ropes for a springboard spear…….

Zack: That’s what she was thinking about!!

Laurie folded Raven almost in half when she connected with the springboard spear, and immediately rolled her up into a tight small package before Pruitt moved into position.

Zack: She got every bit of it, and wants a three as quick as the referee can deliver it!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Pruitt called for the bell, and Laurie immediately rolled out of the ring and away from the firestarter. Knight sat up with a more than aggravated look on her face as the referee joined Laurie on the floor to raise her hand. 

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall……………………….LAURIE JANE!!

Claire: You’ve got to hand it to Laurie, she managed to weather the storm from Raven Knight, took her licks and somehow found a way to catch her with a devastating spear! Albeit thanks to Jane getting beaten on the outside. 

As Raven turned around after getting to her feet, she walked into another spear...this time from Laurie’s partner! The fans came to their feet as Jane exploded with rights and lefts from the mount position!

Claire: Raven tried to take Jane out a couple of moments ago and now she’s getting a receipt!!!

Laurie started to lumber towards the back. Meanwhile, Jane continued to fire shots with abandon before Pruitt pulled her off her. Knight rolled out on the other side,, also the worse for wear before she snatched a chair out from under the ring and invited Jane to join her.

Zack: Laurie’s leaving her partner, and Jane was cleaning house on Raven! I wouldn’t be taking that invitation though if I were her. 

Claire: Jane would be smart to follow her partner’s lead here. We’ve seen how dangerous Knight can be with her bare hands, I don’t think it’s wise to tangle with her when she’s holding a chair!

Jane seemed to be thinking it over before she saw Laurie heading towards the back, and rolled out on that side of the ring to help her get there a little faster. The show went to a commercial break after that. 

Where Her Heart Is

The next shot takes us to the beautiful and color-rich Chinese scholar’s garden, part of the Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden located in Staten Island, New York. The trees are showing green and red foliage as the camera pans the scene before finally settling on a footbridge, where we find Angelina Fantastica and Sara Wilkins walking and talking. Sara is looking around at the surroundings a moment before she continues their conversation.

Sara: Whenever you hear or read about Staten Island, they don’t usually bring up locations like this at all. This place is gorgeous, and I think I could easily get lost and just stay here, if they allowed it.

Angelina: I love it here. They added this part to the botanical garden when I was… probably six or seven, if I remember correctly. And believe me, I’ve spent my fair share of time getting lost here. I’ll show you some of my other favorite spots on the property later, if you like. Staten Island’s probably the least-famous borough of New York City, so places like Snug Harbor get to stay hidden gems while the tourists clog up Manhattan and Brooklyn.

Angelina laughs, smiling and at ease alongside Sara in one of her most beloved places.

Sara: Well the traveling life of a professional wrestler doesn’t lend itself to having a lot of time to sightsee, but places like this certainly deserve a little more attention. Before I came here to talk with you, I stopped by another landmark. I’m sure you’re familiar with St. Paul’s Chapel. It’s also gorgeous. Before it’s over, we may have to apply for the tourism board. 

The mention of St. Paul’s Cathedral makes Angelina bite her lower lip, and she takes a moment before answering Sara’s question.

Angelina: Yeah… I’m familiar. If you’re ever here on non-official business, take a spin through the graveyard there and at Trinity Church. It’s incredible. 

Sara: I’ll keep that in mind. The reason I wanted to talk with you here, Angelina, is to show people who may not know where Angelina Fantastica calls home. I mean when you first arrived in Future Shock years ago, this place was put down a great deal by the woman you first had major issues with. She showed some of the worst parts of this place. And I thought since you were making your return, who better than you and where better than here to show people the real beauty of your home!

Angelina: I appreciate that, Sara. I mean, Staten Island’s like any other place in the world. There are some parts that aren’t so great. In fact, not far from here is Park Hill, where Wu-Tang Clan got started. But there’s also places like this here - and if we come here again, maybe next time we’ll go for a walk down the boardwalk, or we’ll head up to High Rock Park or to Great Kills Park. And you know, looking back on it now… I get what Valerie was trying to do. I’m never not gonna be proud of where I’m from, though. Staten Island’s where I was born and raised, where my mom and my oldest brothers live, where my father’s buried. This place helped make me who I am, and it’s part of me no matter where I end up.

Sara: When I was preparing my notes to talk with you about what’s coming up for you, two things really stood out to me. One, how Future Shock is really a melting pot of so many women from different countries and cultures as proven by Global Wars. But also that you have some common ground with your first opponent back when we go to South Korea: Jacqui Minogue. And people watching are probably thinking there’s no common ground, but there is. I’d say she is as proud of where she’s from, that being Australia, as you are being from Staten Island. But that said….that’s about where the similarities end, I think.

Angelina: You’re right about that, Sara. And you know what? I respect that Jacqui and her cousins had the courage to leave Australia behind for a new country. That takes a lot, to completely upend your entire life. But while I respect her courage and her tenacity, as well as her physical prowess… she and I have very different methods of getting our points across. I stepped away, I got my head on straight, and I came out to fight her and her cousins because I don’t believe in beating someone when they’re down. If I’m gonna hit someone, I’m gonna make damn sure they’re looking me in the eye and they’re able to fight back when I do it. 

Sara: There’s very definitely a different methodology when you think about it. Just like you, Jacqui impresses me as someone very close to her family. So much so that she brought them with her to Future Shock. She seems as close to them as you do your siblings. But unlike them, you don’t operate from the shadows and try to punish people before they even know you’re coming, which they have been doing a lot lately. I’m curious if you see a little bit of yourself in her when compared to your time with the Franchise in FFW? 

Angelina: Well, I would’ve brought mine too… but I’m the only girl out of the six of us, so unless I wanted one of them to manage me? There wouldn’t have been an opportunity for them here. But yeah, it does remind me a lot of being in the Franchise. I thought I was doing the right thing, and I’m still friendly with the girls outside of the ring… but taking that step back, I really had an opportunity to examine what I’d been doing and why I’d been doing it. I held up a mirror to myself, and you know something? I did not like what I saw, at all. I was becoming something I’d always stood against. I mean, hell, one of my brothers did almost the exact same thing, and it made me sick when he did it. It made me feel like I’d sold out, and that I’d done it for nothing. Looking yourself in the eye and admitting that ain’t easy, Sara, but I did it. I needed to do it, if I was ever gonna get back to doing what I loved again.

Sara: That match happens two weeks from tonight when fans are seeing this on FFW All Access at the South Korea Spectacular. Before we wrap up and continue this little tour, Angelina, I do have one last question for now. With 2021 not all that far away, have you set any goals for the new year that you’d like to share, either professionally or personally? 

Angelina: I want to be better than I was when I left FFW, Sara. I’d love to win my first championship, but in order to put myself into the conversation, I need to impress some people. Jacqui Minogue, who’s been a standout here since she first arrived in Future Shock, is a great first test for me on my return. I’m trying not to be so focused on championships or my win-loss record this time around. I want to simply be the best version of Angelina Fantastica that anyone’s ever seen. And that starts in South Korea.

Sara: I think you’re already pretty close to achieving that goal in record time, Angelina. 

The two women walk past the camera as it takes another panning shot of the scenery before going to commercial. 

So You Want A Welcome Home?

The scene opens with the figure of a woman wearing a grey suit looking at a big screen in a dark room.

Playing on the big screen is footage of the post-match activity that occurred at the conclusion of Future Shock – Episode 85….

~~~~~~~

I'm coming home

I'm coming home

Tell the World I'm coming home

Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday

I know my kingdom awaits and they've forgiven my mistakes

I'm coming home, I'm coming home

The light came back as someone nearly knocked the cameraman over as they entered the ring. And with a steel chair in hand, she started swinging! She caught Jacqui across the back as she was turning around, jamming it into Sienna’s ribs to drop her to a knee and tossing it at Victoria. The Aussie caught it before a dropkick into it sent her backwards through the ropes to the floor. The woman caught Sienna with a superkick that put her down and headed up to the top rope.

Claire: They’re home!! The Matriarchy are getting put to the sword and Laurie and Jane are being saved here!!!

Zack: Whoever that is damn near took out the cameraman at ringside on her way down! And the Red Sox wished they had hitters like this!

~~~~~~~

The camera focuses on the eyes of the woman watching the screen as the footage continues to be played….

~~~~~~~

Jacqui turned towards the corner just as the woman launched herself into a corkscrew moonsault that took the centerpiece of the Matriarchy down. Laurie and Jane were starting to get to their feet, looking around to take stock of the situation as their savior had her back to the camera. They both looked up to her with a surprised look.

Zack: Corkscrew moonsault to Jacqui! Wait a minute…… We’re almost out of time!

The camera at ringside immediately wheeled around the ring to see the face of the woman Laurie and Jane were looking at, as well as a shocked Boston crowd.

Zack: What’s she….That’s--

The woman armed with the chair was now in full focus as she looked between Laurie and Jane, and then down to the Matriarchy around the ring.

Zack: ANGELINA FANTASTICA?!

Claire: It couldn’t have come at a better time!! The Boston crowd can’t believe it! Laurie and Jane can’t believe it! Angelina is back in Future Shock and she’s taken the fight to the Matriarchy!!!

Zack: Angelina came home!

Angelina looked around at the crowd, who were all surprised to see her as Future Shock….

~~~~~~~

The camera now reveals the woman who is watching this footage unfold. It’s Jacqui Minogue. Wearing a black shirt to compliment her suit and her hair tied to a ponytail, she stands there looking stoic as she continues to watch the screen. While she is doing this, her voice provides the commentary.

Jacqui (VO): I completely understand. When you have been away for so long, the memories that you left behind never cease to comfort you. And eventually…call you to return. Now here you are. Determined to make up for lost time while creating new memories along the way.

~~~~~~~

On the screen, the following footage is played…

Angelina headed up top, trying to steady herself before leaving her feet! Fantastica went from one corner to the next with a dropkick, driving the chair into Sophia Pike’s head and face with a smack that brought the fans to their feet!

XXXXXXX

As Angelina was now standing against the corner, Katie Day took off and left her feet for a double knee facebreaker...but Fantastica moved out of the way. Katie’s knees struck the corner before Fantastica caught her flush with a superkick to the jaw that dropped her to the canvas. She quickly moved towards the corner, climbing up top and connecting with her corkscrew shooting star!

XXXXXXX

Angelina pulled her back to her feet and dragged her away from the ropes. Valentina Lozano scooped her up over one shoulder and took off to deliver a running powerslam. But Angelina slipped out behind her. And as soon as Lozano stopped herself and turned back to get her, Fantastica left her feet for a spinning roundhouse kick to the jaw that flattened her! The crowd came to its feet as Angelina dropped to her knees, clearly in pain. Her eyes turned towards the corner, which seemed to make the crowd get louder before she pushed up to her feet and headed towards it.

~~~~~~~

While this montage is playing, Jacqui’s voice continues to speak….

Jacqui (VO): I can understand why people have an attraction for you in Future Shock. And I can also understand why you made the decision to come back. But what I don’t understand is why would you choose to come back…to a place where the chance to climb the ladder of success is more insurmountable than when you first competed here…to be part of a roster that doesn’t need you.

~~~~~~~

On the screen, footage of Angelina’s interview from Future Shock Impact is being played…

Sara: Lastly, is there anything you’d like to say to the Future Shock fans now that you are back? What can they expect from you now that they have seen you as both part of the Franchise in the past and now back in Future Shock on your own?

Angelina: The Future Shock audience has seen me as the plucky underdog. They’ve seen me trying to be one of Samantha’s goons. What they can expect from me now is something a little more in the middle. I still want to fight the good fight, but I’m done taking shit from people. I’m done trying to fit into the box that everyone wants to put me in. I’m not just here to have a good time - I have aspirations of being a champion, I have dreams of leading this brand. So, I’m gonna make those dreams a reality. I know I haven’t always made the best decisions and that people might not trust me right away, and that’s okay. My first order of business here is to earn back the trust I lost last year. And then… then, you’ll see the Shaolin Stunna holding gold. You can bet on that.

~~~~~~~

The camera focuses on Jacqui still looking at the screen. She then reaches into her pocket and pulls out a photograph to examine it…a Future Shock promotional picture of Angelina.

Jacqui (VO): Nevertheless, you deserve a proper homecoming Angelina.

Jacqui reaches into her pocket again and pulls out a lighter, which she uses to set the picture on fire, and then drops the picture as she returns her focus to the screen.

Jacqui (VO): And I’m just the one to give it to you....and will give you.

The next image shown is the picture of Angelina on the floor, continuing to burn until the flames eventually were extinguished under Jacqui’s Butter Exotic colored, snake skin, block-heeled mule as she steps on the picture, grinding it like a cigarette before turning to walk away from it. The shot transitions to one showing the figure of Jacqui walking towards a brightly lit doorway. Just then, the camera fades to white and, within seconds, reveals the match graphic for the South Korea Spectacular PPV, where the two women are set to battle before eventually fading to black.

Alejandra’s Future (Shock)

We cut to a short clip of a young brunette making her way into FFW headquarters in Los Angeles. As the camera follows her, we see it’s Alejandra Garcia. 

Cameraman: Welcome to FFW headquarters!

Alejandra: Thanks. Big shiny building for a big shiny future, huh?

She flashes a smile to the camera before the clip changes to her stepping into an office. With the door open, the camera watches her signing what looks like her Future Shock contract before she steps out of the office and closes the door behind her. 

Cameraman: I’m guessing that was your roster contract for Future Shock. How do you feel after making it official? 

Alejandra: I feel that it’s been a long time coming. I’ve only had one short stint in wrestling, but now I’m ready to go all in. This Ghost Town Sheriff has been waiting for action for quite some time, so it’s high time we did something about that or what? Let’s shake things up a bit. I’m ready, and I hope everyone is too.

Cameraman: What can the Future Shock fans expect from Alejandra Garcia?

The Deadeye smirks, letting the silence linger for a moment.

Alejandra: I’d say, expect the unexpected, but that’s a bit too cheesy. Let’s just say you can expect someone… Who never misses a shot.

As she finishes and heads towards the elevator, we cut back to the live broadcast in Boston. 

« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 09:01:53 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 03:41:02 pm »

The show heads back to the ring, and the graphic on the video wall shows the crowd what’s next, causing a buzz already before Lexi begins.

Lexi: The following contest is your main event of the evening scheduled for one fall to a finish.

Zack: From one grudge match, Claire, to possibly an even bigger grudge match! No partners allowed at ringside, but I’m not sure that’s going to be enough to settle this.

Claire: To be honest, I think we might be best off having a couple more officials and maybe some security down here right now. Just to keep these two apart until the official is ready to get his match underway.

The arena goes black for a moment, the arena lights replaced by swirling reds and whites, as a warped, digitized kind of noise starts to play through the PA. On the big screen, a blue-tinged version of a three-headed dragon appears, in time with a single, emphatic drum beat, and Ramin Djawadi’s “Reign” beginning to play. The curtain’s pushed aside, and Jennifer Song steps out onto the stage, arms spread wide, one half of the Future Shock Tag Team Championship around her waist.

The crowd gives the Azure Dragon a mixed reception, but she doesn’t really seem to notice one way or the other. As the vocalization begins to pick up, Jenny marches down the ramp, eyes glued on the ring, not so much as taking a second to acknowledge anything but the squared circle.

Lexi: Introducing first, from Oakland, California, weighing in at 137 lbs--she is the Azure Dragon, and one half of the reigning Future Shock Tag Team Champions, Jennifer Song!

Jenny emphasizes her announcement by stomping on the bottom ring step, pausing for just a second to take a breath, the camera noticing Jenny murmuring something to herself before she pushes her way up the steps, wipes her feet off on the ring apron, and swings herself into the ring. She unstraps the belt from around her waist, lifting it up into the air for the audience to see, slyly smiling as she drapes the belt over her shoulder, backing into a corner to prepare for the match.

Zack: I think we can safely say that Jenny is the one who has the hotter temper of the Dragons, and you can tell by the look on her face that she’s ready to go to war tonight and pick up where they left off 2 weeks ago.

Claire: What happened two weeks ago only served to heat up this rivalry all that much more after the Doomsday Sisters jumped the Tag Champions in their locker room at the start of the Impact 4 special. And Jenny wants revenge tonight in the worst way possible.

The first note of music of “American Witch” by Rob Zombie hits the arena, prompting the arena to erupt to thunderous reaction.

Then, we hear the first words of the song spoken:

This is a journey backed with fear, guilt, and anxiety

As the song begins, and the spotlight is beaming on the stage where Sienna Danger appears---- and immediately gets rushed with a Thesz press at the top of the ramp by Jenny! The tag champion takes her down, and fires relentless strikes into her head before grabbing it with both hands to spike against the stage. The crowd was already on their feet as Jenny got up, pulling the Aussie with her and ramming her headfirst into the LED wall. 

Zack: Sienna just had to step out onto the stage, and Jenny was already in motion! 

Claire: Wild horses couldn’t have held Jenny back and I’m not sure Sienna even saw her foe coming!

Sienna shoved her backwards, and got her bearings before Jenny charged  her with a Superman punch to the jaw. It staggered the Aussie backwards before Song made a beeline to the cameraman standing nearest to them. She took his camera away from him, and used it to clothesline Sienna! The show switched to another camera as Jenny used the camera as a weapon, pounding it across Sienna’s back as it started breaking apart into pieces. 

Claire: Those cameras aren’t cheap and they’re darned heavy! Jenny’s just bludgeoning her opponent with it!

Zack: This match hasn’t started, we didn’t even finish the introductions! And it’s already a street fight practically on the stage!

Jenny tossed the broken camera aside, and pulled Sienna up by the hair. She hooked her head for a DDT until a boot to the face caught her flush. Victoria emerged from backstage as she began teeing off with shots of her own since the match hadn’t started yet. Havoc scooped her up into position for a Rydeen bomb that drove Jenny back first into the stage. But she didn’t make it to her feet entirely until Su arrived with a bicycle kick to her jaw to take her down. Sienna started to head towards the ring, pulling up the apron to find herself a chair. 

Claire: It’s all breaking down again and both of these teams are going at it hammer and tongs!! This match tonight isn’t settling anything!!

Zack: What match?! This is a prison brawl!

Jenny got to her feet, and went after Sienna before catching that chair into her ribs. It dropped the Dragon to all fours, and Sienna crashed it across her back. She slammed it twice more, tossing the dented chair aside, and dragging a table out from under the ring next to set up. Meanwhile on the stage, Victoria scooped up Su and dropped her chest first across the barricade before the Dragon toppled over into the crowd. The powerhouse headed for her sister as they both scooped up Jenny with one hand each around her throat for a double chokeslam through the table. Security started to filter out of the back to head towards the ring, and the Sisters were there to greet them as they started attacking them next. 

Zack: Su’s out in the crowd somewhere, Jenny just got driven through a table, and now the Doomsday Sisters are wrecking our security! We’re gonna need more!

Claire: The Doomsday Sisters are just swatting away security like flies!! I think Adam needs to send for the 81st Airborne to stop them in their tracks!!

Victoria retrieved another table from under the ring, and started setting it up as Sienna shoved the security aside. There was a lot of activity in the crowd as Su was darting through the rows of people, and hopping over the barricade on the other side. As the Sisters went to pick up Jenny to put her through another, Su dragged out a weapon of her own on the other side of the ring. And that was a ladder, which she used as she sprinted around the corner and used it to clothesline both Sisters across the chest! 

Claire: Su made the save with the ladder!! This could be Security’s chance to separate these teams and halt the destruction before it gets worse!!

Zack: I don’t like the fact we’re at ringside and this close to all this, I know that! 

Su flipped the ladder upside down, and started driving it into Sienna’s chest repeatedly. Meanwhile Jenny was beginning to get to her feet, seeing the second table set up before she tried to pull Victoria on top of it. When she did that, the Dragons set the ladder up nearby and Song grabbed the chair they had used on Su before making her way up. 

Zack: What’s she got in mind now?! Jenny’s heading up top with that chair….and here comes reinforcements! There must be 40 of them!

Dozens upon dozens of security poured out of the back, almost flooding the ringside area and preventing Jenny from doing whatever she had in mind. She climbed down to the disappointment of the crowd as the wall of security separated the two teams from getting to each other. The Dragons rolled into the ring, and waved the Sisters to follow them. The security surrounded the ring twice as Victoria and Sienna got to their feet. 

Claire: We’ve finally got these four separated...but I’m not sure how long for, given the mood these four women are in!

Zack: There is a literal wall of humanity around the ring trying to keep the Dragons and Doomsday Sisters apart! Jenny and Su are encouraging them to get in the ring!

Victoria and Sienna gave each other a glance, and started to head to the ring to take them up on the invitation before a familiar voice was heard. The attention went to the ramp as the Future Shock Director headed out onto the stage, flanked by police.

Adam: I’VE HAD IT!! Keep them apart!!

Adam was directing security as more of them came from the back, reinforcing the human wall around the ring. 

Claire: It’s taking just about every security in the building but they’re managing to keep these two teams apart. At least for now.

Zack: I’ve not seen the Director that aggravated before… He means business, and he’s got Boston’s finest with him!

Adam: You four wanna wreck each other? FINE! You can do it, and I’ll even put the tag titles on the line…..

That got a pop from the crowd as the two teams listened.

Adam: Two weeks from tonight at the South Korea Spectacular…..KEEP THEM APART, GET OVER THERE!!

The security began to organize better around the ring, double reinforcing in front of the Doomsday Sisters at the bottom of the ramp.

Adam: In South Korea, the tag titles will be on the line….and over your heads! You wanna use all this on each other? Go ahead! Because for the first time ever in Future Shock history, it’ll be the Raging Dragons…

Jenny and Su glanced to each other, and back to the Director.

Adam: And the Doomsday Sisters….

Victoria and Sienna looked very intrigued as they looked over their shoulder at Adam.

Adam: TABLES, LADDERS AND CHAIRS! 

Then the crowd really popped, and both teams seemed to like the idea of that as well. 

Claire: Oh My! These four ladies want to destroy each other. Two weeks time they’re going to get the chance to do exactly that with all the hardware that they could want to use! This match is certain to shorten careers!

Zack: TLC for the Future Shock Tag Titles in South Korea…

The Sisters started to back up the stage as they kept an eye on the tag champions surrounded by security in the ring. Adam moved to one side as they passed him, along with the officers ready to draw on either side of him.

Zack: I think we may have found the only way to settle this issue once and for all two weeks from tonight on All Access. The Dragons and the Doomsday Sisters...TLC...but there won’t be any love and care in that one! Those policemen aren’t messing around!

Claire: You’re right Zack. There’s no love lost here and this has only escalated more and more every time the foursome have gotten close to each other. Two weeks time they can damn near kill each other and end this once and for all!

Zack: Listen to them, they want to see it! You can hear the crowd! TLC for the Future Shock Tag Titles in South Korea….there’ll be nothing left! 

The Boston crowd began a “TLC” chant as they watched the standoff in the Future Shock Arena before the show faded to black. 

« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 09:06:59 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: