Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 05:55:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

SK show and me going forward

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SK show and me going forward  (Read 186 times)
Sam
Friends of FFW
Femme Fatale

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 100 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« on: November 17, 2020, 05:37:12 pm »

Hey guys, so, this is gonna be a pretty rough thing to post, and I'm sorry for making this super deep, but I feel like I should give everyone a head's up.

Those of you in SVW may have noticed I didn't post for the last Aggression--the reason for that is my dad's health has gotten VERY bad. He already has extremely aggressive dementia, then he ended up in the hospital after my mom said he was "unresponsive" for 3 days. They only discharged him to a care facility, they wouldn't send him straight home, so he was there for a while, and I thought...okay, there's our long term solution. We obviously can't care for him like he needs anymore, so they will.

Then we find out we don't qualify for Medicaid, and it's $6k+ a month to keep him there. So that's obviously not an option, so it's back to us caring for him and hoping that doesn't happen again.

Now, for some personal details: my dad is the only member of my family I have (had, I guess) a good relationship with, so watching him decline has been HELL. I've been going up there quite a bit since all the medical issues started coming up, and I went up this past weekend and he had no idea who I was. He responded to everyone else in the family but me, and that was...hard to deal with, would be putting it lightly.

I'll spare the details and suffice to say, I'm in a VERY bad headspace lately.

All this said, I think what I'm about to say for the immediacy is gonna be pretty obvious: I've had virtually NO time to write for the FS show, and I'm sorry to everyone I'm facing/teaming with, but I just can't sit down and focus on anything right now.

With this being the last FS show of the year, I'ma use the holiday break to see where I'm at with efedding as a whole. I'll keep Gemma around thru Global Wars at least, I don't wanna bail on that unless I absolutely have to, but unless something changes in the next month or so, this may be the last show for Katie and the Dragons for the immediate future. At least until I can stabilize myself again.

Sorry again for what's become a series of no-shows on my end lately.

- Sam
Report Spam   Logged

SOPHIA PIKE
Record: 24-6-2
1x Future Shock Aspire Ring Bearer
1x FFW No Surrender Champion
1x FFW Evolution Champion

GEMMA PIERCE
Record: 7-4-0

KATIE HANLEY
Record: 2-1-0

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 05:52:07 pm »

Life always comes first. You got a lot of people who support and care about you here, myself included. We aren't going anywhere, and will certainly keep you and your dad in our thoughts.
Report Spam   Logged
The Matriarchy
Femme Fatale
Rookie

Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 4
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 03:56:56 pm »

Sorry that you have to go through this. You have all the support that you need and we'll be here if and when you decide to return. Thoughts are with you and your dad.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: