Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 29, 2024, 04:00:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

FFW News Makers of 2020

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFW News Makers of 2020  (Read 216 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: December 24, 2020, 01:35:23 am »

The first image that greets the viewers is inside FFW headquarters in Los Angeles, in particular the video library where archived copies of every show in the history of the promotion can be seen. But as the camera whirls around, we find Christian Kincaid. He’s joined by his wife, Kelly Kincaid. A widescreen TV is sat behind them.

Christian: Hello to all our fans on FFW All Access, and welcome to a special we’re calling FFW News Makers of 2020. On this show, we’re going to be taking a look at just 10 of the major news items, events and matches that made up the past year in FFW. I’ve got Kelly here to help me.

He glances towards his wife.

Christian: I have it on good authority that Dante was lobbying heavily to be in my seat. And that he was going to turn it into the Best of Cassandra Steen and Sydney Christensen 2020 instead.

Kelly: I think we can all be thankful that didn’t happen can’t we? Dante is insufferable at the best of times, hearing him sing Cassandra and Sydney’s praises for an hour or more might have people cancelling their subscriptions in droves. Is Zack telling him his contract as an announcer isn’t going to be renewed one of our highlights of the year? It should at least get an honorable mention.

Christian: Well it’s not on the list I was given, but I don’t see any reason it should go without mention. I’m looking forward to seeing who replaces him, because they would be hard-pressed to find anyone worse at the job. Before we get rolling though, I want to say a big thanks to everyone who voted for me to be 2020’s Most Influential in FFW. I wasn’t expecting it, and I try to not be influential at all, at least not like someone as the aforementioned Dante. But I still appreciate it, and I’ll be putting my plaque in the trophy case at home.

He holds up his award for the camera for a moment before setting it between them.

Kelly: You might not be influential in the same way as Dante but you did prepare Missy for her match with Shaw and Angel with Lacey for the Phoenix Championship and Scarlett Silver. Without you they could all have had very different years and the landscape in FFW could look very different indeed. So I think it’s an award hard earned and well deserved.

Christian: I just do my best. Like I said, it’s appreciated all the same. Thank you to everyone who voted for me. Now let’s get into these ten moments and matches throughout 2020 in FFW. I’ve ranked them in chronological order, because I don’t think I could do it justice any other way. Ready to get started?

Kelly: Chronological order sounds good to me. Let’s roll the first clip and start the discussion because I’m sure there will be people out there on social media who will want to nominate their own ten and argue over the ones that have been selected.

Christian: Three of the ten are going to revolve around returns and arrivals in FFW. And the first one on the list was revealed on March 28th at Relentless in a clip put together by….well, me.

Courtesy of FFW Relentless - March 28, 2020

Christian: This is Aquarius, also known as the Water Boar. It was named as such by the ancient Babylonians, who thought it looked like an old man pouring a pitcher. They thought seeing this constellation was a sure sign of rain coming, and it’s also considered a symbol of knowledge and power.

He moves to the third constellation hanging on the board, and snaps his yardstick to it before he begins to speak.

Christian: And this is the Gemini constellation. It’s also known as the Twins, because it reminded the ancient Greeks of the twin sons of Zeus. It’s two brightest stars are known as Castor and Pollux. The most popular story of the Gemini has to do with the twin sons of Zeus stole a herd of cattle while the Milky Way was made up of dairy cows. Uh.. don’t ask me to explain that one.

A smile forms on his face as he puts the yardstick and steps up to a woman in her ring gear, who is most definitely not a constellation.

Christian: But allow me to introduce you to my favorite constellation. It’s composed of ten stars, each one as brilliant and shining as the one next to it. And you don’t have to wait for certain times of the year to see it either.

A couple of the students off camera let out a few wolf whistles at the girl in front of them.

Christian: And it’s the only constellation that matters, as far as I’m concerned. Appreciate all ten stars that is…. Tara Cortez.

The 10-Star Prodigy stands in front of the class, taking it all in with her smug smirk, before borrowing the yardstick from CK and using it to show off her ring.

Tara: And this, my dear learners, is what every star should strive to be like. Not just have the brightness of one sun, but of a whole constellation. This means you are in front of the brightest mind and the most shining presence in the whole universe. After all, you only need 10 letters to spell perfection: Tara. Cortez.

~ ~ ~

Christian: Tara returned to FFW after clearing up some personal matters, and as those of you who watched Crossed Out know, she’s earned herself into a Phoenix Championship shot in the new year. Not a bad 2020 for her at all.

Kelly: It was a very good 2020 for her, from taking time out at the start of the year to earning herself a shot at the newest Championship in FFW in the new year. Not only that, but it’s a title shot against a woman she has already beaten and beaten for a title as well. Tara’s never short of confidence to begin with and it’s probably gone through the roof after Crossed Out. Though, I’m sure she was fully expecting this to be a good year for her and I’m sure that it’s only a foundation for an even better 2021.

Christian: Now if we’re gonna talk about people showing up, I think possibly the biggest news story of the year when it comes to that began on June 20th at Breaking Point. But why should I tell you about it when Starla can do it?

Courtesy of FFW Breaking Point - June 20, 2020

Starla: Good luck to both women. Now that brings me to what happened to me at Fury a few weeks ago at the hands of Savannah Star….

There was silence; the lights began to fade away slowly. A soft instrumental echoes out across the audience. It starts slowly, a beautiful sound that contrasts the heaviness of the world. Like feathers, it glides among the waiting audience. The lighting fixtures produce a gentle spotlight upon the stage, offset by the occasional flash here and there. As 'Just Close Your Eyes' by Waterproof Blonde continues to play, a woman’s words begin to come through. Her voice is tender, not raising upon a whisper.

"Deceived by my eyes and all I was told I should see
Opinions not mine, the person they taught me to be
One night in the dark, a vision of someone I knew
And in the darkness I saw, a voice say, I'm you."

On the stage, Savannah Star appears to nothing but boos from the capacity crowd. She pays them no mind, and makes a beeline for the ring. She glides through the ropes and looks over to the Commissioner, while the redhead stares back at her. Just as Starla is about to speak, Savannah slaps the microphone out of her hand and gets in her face. Starla reminds her she’s in management, while the fans continue to boo.

Dante: Go ahead and drop her on her head a few times, Savannah. I’ll pay your fine with Canadian money, it’s the currency the world relies on after all! Put me in a cage….what the--

Finally, Starla has had enough and starts to take off her earrings as she looks back to Savannah. That seems to amuse the blonde as she watches her until……

The lights dim down and take on a purplish hue as a light smoky mist fills the entranceway. The soulful opening to Nipsey Hussle’s “Been Down” begins playing as Swizz Beats offering the tracks opening monologue.

Dante: Who the hell is this now? I don’t recognize that music!

Never sell out
Sometimes you gotta talk that talk to em, Nipsey
Sometimes they can't handle it though...
But we don't care..

Yeah
This a moment, This special…

Zack: I do!

As the beat drops, the crowd gives a loud pop as Cordelia Stevenson emerges from the mist with a bounce in her step and dancing to the music. She comes to a stop atop the walkway, glancing around and taking in the reception. She rolls her neck around before bowing her head and letting her hair fall in front of her face. A few seconds go by before she snaps her head up, whipping her hair back from in front of her face. She continues on down the ramp, and steps through the ropes. Savannah spins around to face her as the two lock eyes.

Zack: That’s CORDY STEVENSON! Was she Starla’s surprise?! Look at Savannah’s face, she damn sure recognizes her! That’s the woman who took Star’s title in another promotion not that long ago!

Dante: Does she even work here?!

Cordy gives Savannah a little finger wave as the blonde woman glares at her while the fans in the arena show Cordelia a lot of love! The brunette takes a step towards her, and merely says… “SURPRISE!” with a grin.

Zack: I never saw this coming, and I don’t think Savannah did either! I don’t know what this is all about, but I can’t wait to find out! We’re out of time!

The fans begin a “CORDY!” chant that rumbles through the arena as Savannah looks clearly irritated and annoyed at the sight of Cordy Stevenson before Breaking Point fades off the air.

~ ~ ~

Christian: Starla threw a real wrench in Savannah’s plans when she called in Cordy Stevenson, who would go on to face Savannah on the biggest night of the year at Unstoppable 11.

Kelly: Savannah took offence to Starla calling the match at Fury between Savannah and Casey straight down the middle and attacked her, Cordy was Starla’s revenge in a lot of ways and Star was certainly not pleased to see one of her mortal enemies appear here in FFW. It was the last thing she expected when she started to pick a fight with Starla and Stevenson certainly made sure that Star paid for her sins on the biggest night of the year.

Christian: And it was only five days after that when a historic moment in FFW history took place on Velocity. Let’s take you back to June 25th.

Courtesy of FFW Velocity - June 25, 2020

Dante: Oh ye of little faith in the greatest Fast Track Champion of all time!

Angel looked to the referee as the two count was shown to her but didn’t argue the call as she instead began to pull Lacey up to her feet. As the Gold Standard member was jerked up to her feet, Lacey reached up in desperation and raked her fingers down Angel’s eyes. The Fast Track Champion stumbled backwards, falling into the ropes as her ankle threatened to buckle underneath her as she hit the ropes, she gingerly stepped forwards and Angel skipped forwards and caught her with the Walking The Demon brogue kick. Lacey once more fell back against the ring ropes, bouncing on them slightly before she collapsed down to her ass, sitting with her head resting against the middle rope. Angel moved towards her, grabbing her by the hair as she pulled her forwards, taking a moment or two before she lifted her onto her shoulders for the Down The Depths spinning crucifix toss. Angel began to spin before she drove Lacey down into the mat, completing the move and she launched herself on top of her for the cover.

Zack: Lacey just went DOWN THE DEPTHS!! I THINK IT’S OVER!!

One…

Two…

...THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dante: THIS IS HORRIBLE!! WHAT JUSTICE IS THIS?!

The referee called for the bell and Angel pushed up to her knees, Christian sliding into the ring as Lacey rolled to the apron, holding her ankle with one hand and her back with the other. She was met by Kyle who helped her out of the ring and checked that she was okay. Kincaid meanwhile helped his client up to her feet as the referee retrieved the Phoenix Championship from the plinth at ringside.

Kat: Here is your winner, by way of pinfall...and the FIRST EVER FFW PHOENIX CHAMPIONSHIP...ANGEL!!!!!!!!!

Zack: History has been made, and FFW has it’s first Phoenix Champion! Angel has ended Lacey’s reign, and began one all her own!

Dante: The woman was INJURED! What joy is there in winning a match over an injured woman?!

Zack: Congratulations to FFW’s first Phoenix Champion! Angel rose from the ashes tonight, and is writing the first chapter of the history of that new title! Good night from Velocity!

Christian raised her hand aloft as the announcement was made before Pruitt presented the title belt to her. Angel raised the Phoenix title above her head as the referee raised her head. On the outside of the ring, Lacey had a look of utter hatred on her face as she stared up at Angel and the new title belt in her grip.

~ ~ ~

Christian: That was the night the Fast Track title was retired, and the first Phoenix Champion crowned as a result.

Kelly: Lacey was looking pretty much unstoppable and was riding high as one of the few double Champions in FFW history. She held a tag title for the best part of two years and as she walked to the ring on June 25th was just one match away from joining another elite and very select club of women - those who had racked up four defences of the Fast Track Championship. But it wasn’t to be. In Angel, Lacey ran into a woman who simply would not be beaten; who refused to be pinned and just kept on coming at Lacey, taking everything that the Gold Standard member could throw at her before finally Angel put her down and made history as the first ever Phoenix Champion. It was certainly one Hell of a match between the pair and a rare stumble for Lacey.

Christian: We’ll be seeing more of Lacey in this show yet. But the next three moments we’ll be discussing came from the show that the FFW fans voted as the 2020 Event of the Year. I’m referring to Unstoppable 11, which has won that award every year since 2014.

Kelly: It’s the biggest night on the FFW calendar and everyone pulls out all the stops to make sure of it. It’s earned its reputation and you can watch every single Unstoppable right here on FFW All Access - just as soon as you’ve finished watching this year in review of course.

Courtesy of FFW Unstoppable 11 - July 25, 2020

Zack: It’s gonna be a NEW DAWN…..MAYBE NOT!! Nevaeh moved, and Lohan got nothing but canvas!

Nevaeh used the ring ropes to pull herself upwards and drove her boot into the side of Dawn’s head as she came to her knees before she hauled her upwards, lifting her onto her shoulders and then threw her forward into a knee strike - completing The Makeover. The San Diego native collapsed to the canvas, eyes rolling back into her head as Summers fell down on top of Lohan, hooking her leg as she did so.

Zack: There’s the MAKEOVER!! I THINK THAT’S GAMES ET MATCH!

One…

Two…

...THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zack: And it is! It wasn’t so wonderful after all, was it Dawn?

Summers rolled away as the referee completed the count and was helped to her feet by the official who raised her hand in the air. Summers climbed to the middle rope and raised her hands in the air, getting a loud cheer from the crowd.

Kat: Here is your winner, by way of pinfall...NEVAEH SUMMERS!!!!

Zack: Welcome back, Nevaeh Summers! And it’s clear to me that the Hall of Famer is as good as she ever was! I can’t imagine how good she’s feeling right now! Congratulations!

The World’s Finest raised her hands in the air once more before she left the ring and celebrated with the fans at ringside as Dawn sat up then came to her knees, looking in disbelief at the referee and then at Summers. Nevaeh grinned at her foe and asked her “You feel wonderful now?”

~ ~ ~

Christian: Nevaeh spent most of 2020 dealing with Dawn, including her stint as a referee which came to a head at Crossed Out. But winning that match at Unstoppable 11 had to feel very good.

Kelly: Certainly. Dawn had managed to get deep under Nevaeh’s skin and was living rent free in her head to the point where you maybe got the impression that Summers didn’t want to be here - I mean, she failed to show up for their match at Fury which was very unlike Nevaeh Summers. So getting this match at Unstoppable and getting an opportunity to begin to exorcise this demon of hers on the biggest night of the year had to be very cathartic for the World’s Finest.

Christian: The next moment we are going to go over from Unstoppable is pretty much a two for one. The long-running issues between Cassandra Steen and Lilly Arthur have been well documented, starting last year at the first Impact and snowballed since then over the No Surrender Championship. With Dante in a cage, they met again at Unstoppable 11 for the titanium title. But as you’re about to see, that match had some guests.

The challenger reached for the ropes to pull herself up again as there was a buzz in the crowd. It was soon seen why as Knox was waving to someone backstage when Sydney Christensen began to make her way down the ramp. The Canadian Prospect got nothing but boos as she headed for the timekeeper’s table, glancing up to her manager.

Zack: There’s Sydney Christensen from Future Shock, who I might add has zero business being out here right now!

Emma: Sydney likes to cause a bit of trouble, and I see no reason why this wouldn’t be the case now.

Sydney picked up the controls for the shark cage off the table, and was starting to lower Dante back to the floor amid a chorus of boos. The referee went to stop her as Lilly was getting back to her feet. Cassandra reached into her boot meanwhile, and produced another roll of quarters as the focus was on Sydney. The referee tried to take the controls away from Sydney….right before they dropped out of her hands like it was a lead weight.

Zack: What the…? Did you see that too?

Emma: I did! What the hell just happened?

The blonde glanced around as the cameras spotted Mikayla on the second tier with her hands out. But she wasn’t alone! As Cassandra got to her feet with another roll of quarters in her hand, Arabella Townshend headed towards the ring. The former Nova Champion snatched them out of her hand, causing both her and Mikayla to get quite a roar from the crowd.

Emma: I would say all’s fair in love and No Surrender, but I’m not sure that this is quite what anyone had in mind when we think of that.

Zack: I’m glad Mikayla and Arabella were here, because no good was going to come of Knox getting out of that cage or Cassandra using another $10 knockout!

The referee leaned down to turn off the cage controls, and bolted back into the ring. Cassandra got to her feet, reading Arabella the riot act before Lilly hobbled behind her and jumped onto her back to apply a kirifuda clutch! The fans came to their feet as Arthur dropped back to the mat, clutching Cassandra tightly in the choke as Mikayla hopped down to the ground floor like a cat. Sydney looked towards her as the Nova Champion came after her, starting a fight at ringside!

Zack: That’s a new submission I’ve never seen Lilly use before, and I certainly wasn’t expecting Sydney, much less Arabella or Mikayla from Future Shock!

Emma: Chaos reigns supreme in the strangest way right now! It’s glorious! And Lilly might just be heading to being a two time champion!

Lilly wrapped her legs around Cassandra’s body as the Leeds beauty desperately tried to reach for the ropes. But the challenger rolled her away to her other side with nothing but the mat in front of her for several feet. Steen clutched at Lilly’s arms, trying to pull free but finally her grip loosened and her hands fell to the mat. Fisk raised one hand three times with no answer before calling for the bell.

Zack: Steen’s out, she’s out and Lilly has done it for the second time! Tell’em about it, Kat!

Kat: Your winner by submission…...and for the second time…..NEEWW FFW No Surrender Champion……………...LILLY ARTHUR!!

Lilly broke the hold, and looked over to see Arabella smiling before she gave her a thumbs up and headed back up the ramp. Security pulled Sydney and Mikayla apart on the floor as Lilly got back to her feet, and had her hand raised in victory.

Emma: Congratulations to Lilly on her win! And...someone please explain to me what the hell we;re doing with three Future Shock wrestlers out here now!

Zack: They’re all here tonight, Emma! And like I said earlier, I’m glad they were because we were on the road to another highway robbery otherwise.

Fisk handed her the No Surrender Championship as she hopped on one leg, and raised it over her head with a bright smile on her face. Lilly stepped out gingerly to the floor as fireworks shot off, and she moved a few steps to the ring looking up as Dante’s cage was being lowered again.

Zack: Uh oh….. I warned him about this!

Emma: You did! And everyone who has half a brain believed you! And then there’s Dante. Who didn’t, why would he do such a thing!

Knox’s cage finally got to the floor, but he showed no interest in getting out. Kat unlocked the door for him, and Lilly yanked it open. She pulled her forward into a facebuster on the floor, leaving face down on the mat before she got to her feet and raised her title again.

Zack: He had that coming, no question about it! He probably deserves a lot more, but right now, Lilly Arthur is just proud to once again be at the top of the No Surrender division!

Emma: As well she should be! She earned that! I’m not even gonna say anything about before the match began, that would not be a good look for me!

~ ~ ~

Christian: There was a lot going on during this match towards the end. I think you’ll agree, Kelly.

Kelly: Pretty much all of it brought on by Dante being insufferable and an oily, squirmy, weasel of a man trying to escape the cage so he could try and be a difference maker. And between Sydney and Mikayla he almost was anyway - I’m sure Lilly had Arabella on the top of her Christmas Card list this year for the assist she provided. Like you said, though, this is a moment that is rooted in the first ever Impact special, came to the biggest night of the year in spectacular fashion and went on to provide two more Impact matches. I’d say it culminated at Crossed Out...but given how that match went with Lilly getting laid low by McKinley, I’m pretty sure Lilly is still out for Cassandra’s blood and this could well roll on until Unstoppable 12 at Wembley. What a homecoming that would be for both Cassandra and Lilly.

Christian: No doubt. I have to say for it being the first year that the Future Shock girls were invited to be part of Unstoppable, they certainly took that ball and ran with it. You saw it here, and also we had members of the Gold Standard ...I guess you could call it escort...the Blondetourage out of the arena, after Maddie and Holly showed up for the event.

Kelly: It’s always good to see FFW alumni return, though Maddie and Holly certainly have their own take on reality sometimes and seemed pretty determined to shoot the breeze with Samantha Star. Until that is, they ran into the Gold Standard who showed them the door. And that was that for the Blondetourage. You think they were disappointed they didn’t see Natalie backstage?

Christian: Probably. Though I didn’t try to seek them out too much at the event. But that brings us to the last clip from Unstoppable 11, which was arguably the biggest of the night, to say the least.

Missy rolled over to her stomach, and started trying to inch towards the ropes, still leaving a trail of her own blood as it seeped from her head onto the canvas. As she got to the ropes, Chritian moved in front of her to ask her if she wanted him to stop it. Missy shook her head briefly before she got snatched up into a rear waistlock followed by a release German suplex. The challenger hit hard, and rolled to her side before someone in a suit headed down the ramp towards the ring.

Zack: We got an official on the way down right now. He’s not from FFW though. Do you know who that is, Adam?

Adam: Yeah, that’s Dr. Joseph Heflin. He’s with the Nevada State Athletic Commission. They are the governing body of all unarmed combat sports in this state. And if he’s out here right now, there’s a good chance this match will get stopped.

Dr. Heflin climbed up onto the apron, squatting on his knees as he looked at Missy’s head. Christian moved around close to them both as the doctor had a towel, attempting to wipe her face so he could get a better look at the wound.

Zack: The canvas is stained practically from one corner to the next with blood from Missy’s head. I’ve seen the athletic commission stop boxing matches for this kind of thing, and we may not be far from that tonight at Unstoppable!

Adam: I don’t even think Shaw wants to keep this going right now. They don’t have any hatred for each other after all.

Dr. Heflin looked up to the referee as Missy began to crawl away from him, shaking her head. Shaw watched as Missy struggled to get to her feet, telling Shaw to bring it on. The champion looked back to the referee, who told them the match was going to continue. So the French-Canadian shook her head, and pulled Missy by the arm into a ripcord knee strike to the head. She dropped like a rock, her blood staining Shaw’s knee pad before the champion made the cover!

Zack: I’d love to have heard what Dr. Heflin and the referee discussed, but apparently this match is continuing! But not for much longer after that knee strike!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO!

Again, Missy managed to get her shoulder off the mat in time before the three. Shaw looked up to the referee, who only held up 2 fingers. The champion got to her feet, and pulled Missy’s head between her legs into position for her flip piledriver.

Adam: I can’t believe they are going to let this continue. Look at the mat, that’s all one person’s blood in the ring!

Shaw was about to lift her for it when Missy countered with an Alabama slam. The impact sent her stumbling backwards a few steps after Shaw hit the mat. The challenger touched her head, noticing that it wasn’t bleeding still as she struggled to get to her feet.

Zack: What a counter!! I think the bleeding has finally stopped, and Missy…. She’s digging down deeper than I’ve ever seen her have to!

The challenger got to her feet slowly, seeing Shaw doing the same before she grabbed her head for a leaping cutter. Missy sat up, starting to get back to her feet again. She was very unsteady, but looked over her shoulder to see Shaw starting to rise again….before delivering another cutter. She finally rolled her onto her back and made the cover!

Adam: Two cutters in a row! I’ve never seen anyone need more than one to win a match….

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO!!

Shaw’s shoulder popped up at the last second, and Missy sat up. She touched her head again and looked down to Shaw.

Zack: I don’t believe it! Shaw has kicked out of two cutters in a row! I think both of these women need to have a S painted on their chest, this is unreal!!

Missy made it back to her feet, leaning against the ropes. Her bloodstained face watched as Shaw was starting to get up yet again right before she landed a third cutter! But she didn’t bother going for the cover this time, instead heading up to the top rope very unsteadily!

Zack: And a third, where’s she going now?!

Missy wasted no time in launching herself off the top into a frog splash that landed right on target before she rolled Shaw over to make the cover! Stringer slid into position to make the count.

Adam: I…..I don’t believe it…..

Zack: Three cutters and there’s LI’L MISS MISCHIEF!! IT’S GONNA HAPPEN!!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Stringer called for the bell to a roar from the Las Vegas crowd. Adam took his headset off as Chrsitian immediately climbed into the ring. He helped her to her feet before the referee raised her hand, and they were joined by Adam.

Zack: SHE DAMN WELL DID IT!! THE T-MOBILE ARENA HAS COME UNGLUED!! TELL’EM ABOUT IT, KAT!!

Kat: Your winner by pinfall….AND NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWW FFW Champion……………………….MISSY!!!

Fireworks erupted the ceiling and the ring posts before the referee handed Missy the FFW Championship. She looked down to it, and was held up by her husband before Emma and Scarlett took off towards the ring to join her.

Zack: The longest FFW Championship reign in history has come to an end on the biggest night of the year! And a journey that began four years ago in Future Shock has culminated in a new FFW champion!

Emma and Scarlett hugged her and congratulated her as Missy started to smile. She looked down to her new championship until she saw Shaw getting to her feet. The Quebecois Hall of Famer looked at the title in her hands, and shook Missy’s hand before exiting the ring.

Zack: Shaw has been a different woman for several months, and tonight she showed another side of that: class! What a champion she was, and what a champion Missy will be! All of Chaotic Temptation is out here along with Christian and her husband to commemorate the night on July 25, 2020 that Li’l Miss Mischief became Li’l Miss CHAMPION!!

Balloons started to rain down from the rafters as Missy’s music played. Emma and Scarlett helped her up to the middle rope so she could raise her championship over her head with a smile getting wider on her face. The show then cuts to images from throughout the night, showing highlights of each match before going back to the live shot of Missy in the ring.

~ ~ ~

Kelly: First off, let’s give all credit to Shaw. No-one had managed to hold the FFW Championship for more than 240 days before she claimed it and kept hold of it for more than twice that. But then she faced Missy and in the Match of the Year; in one of the most hard hitting matches of the year and one where both competitors pushed the other to their limits… Missy did what no-one else had managed to do. Pin Shaughnessy O’Neill for the FFW Championship. In the main event of the biggest event in FFW history, Missy did the damned near impossible, showing how tough and resilient she is and thoroughly deserves to be at the top of the mountain right now. Personally, I hope she holds onto it and I get to beat her for the title at Wembley Stadium and I get to make an Unstoppable memory of my own.

Christian: It’s a moment that still gives me chills watching it. I knew when Dr. Heflin came out that there was a solid chance all that hard work would have gone to waste for Missy. But it didn’t, and she still remains as your FFW Champion. Even though that was the last clip from Unstoppable we’ll be seeing, that show also set off what I think of as the rise to prominence of the Privileged Circle. Both Valentina and Isis won Winner’s Circle matches that night, allowing them to challenge for two titles. Valentina is still on the hunt for the FFW Championship, but I think their crowning moment of 2020 that really cemented them as a bigger threat than ever came at Velocity just one month later.

Courtesy of FFW Velocity - August 27, 2020

Stringer got in front of Lacey, severely reprimanding her for ignoring her as the former Fast Track Champion argued with the official telling her that she was the Gold Standard and better than everyone else and should be treated as such. While the referee was distracted Kyle slid a chair into the ring and encouraged Valerie. McKinley nodded her head as she pulled Isis upwards and towards the chair where she drove the Titaness skull first into the steel with the Divine Providence swinging reverse STO. Kyle pulled the dented chair out from underneath Isis as McKinley made the cover. As soon as she did so, Valentina dove towards her, catching her with a forearm to the back of her head. Lozano forced herself to come upwards, pulling McKinley up with her and jerked her into the Divine Intervention stomp facebreaker followed by a rolling cutter that drove her down into the canvas in the middle of the ring while Lacey desperately tried to get past the referee.

Zack: Valentina’s playing all her biggest hits, and I think the tag titles are slipping away!

Dante: Hush your mouth, Hudson! How dare you?!

Finally the Gold Standard member shoved the official out of the way and darted towards Valentina as the Canadian was starting to come upwards only to suddenly explode forwards and deliver a spear to the former Fast Track Champion. The two collapsed to the mat as Isis started to stir, crawling towards McKinley and threw her arm over her chest as Stringer slid into position to make the count.

Zack: Isis has the cover!! It’s gonna happen!!

One…

Two…

Lacey tried to launch herself forwards to break up the pinfall, only for Lozano to grab her by the ankle to keep her at bay.

...THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zack: And it did!!!!

Dante: DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!

Stringer called for the bell as Lacey lashed out and caught Valentina in the jaw causing her to let go. Lacey glared at the referee as she realised that she was too late and slid out of the ring to the outside with a shake of her head as Kyle rolled in to check on Valerie. Meanwhile Isis and Valentina helped each other to her feet as Stringer retrieved the Unity Championships.

Kat: Here are your winners, by way of pinfall...and NEW FFW UNITY TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!!!! The team of “The Latin Goddess” Valentina Lozano and “The Titaness” Isis Morales...THE PRIVILEGED CIRCLE!!!!

Zack: I don’t believe it!! The nearly 10 month reign of the Gold Standard as the Unity Champions has come to an end! Valentina and isis are on top of the tag team division of FFW!!

Dante: I know, I know. I just feel for Valerie and Lacey. I love those girls so much, Hudson. I feel so vulnerable right now, hold me!

~ ~ ~

Christian: The Gold Standard, at that point, had been tag champions between FFW and Future Shock for the larger part of 2 years. But I think that night was the one that really got a tidal wave of momentum behind Valentina and Isis. What about you?

Kelly: I think you’re spot on there, CK. And to be fair to Valentina and Isis it was a tidal wave that has been building all year for both of them. We saw Isis rise up to claim the Ultraviolence Championship and wage a war with Charlotte Harker for it while Valentina has been putting together one heck of a year and has quietly been racking up the wins. Never was that more obvious than at Unstoppable where these two won their Winner’s Circle matches in impressive fashion. I’m sure that some people out there would probably say the Gold Standard under-estimated the Privileged Circle but I think that’s harsh and inaccurate. The Privileged Circle showed they were hugely talented, determined, driven and very experienced as a tag team wrestler, were more than a match for the Gold Standard and earned those titles.

Christian: Our next two clips take place just about a month later at FFW’s Fall Classic known as Sin & Sacrifice. It’s one of the company’s tentpole events, and has as long of a legacy here as Unstoppable. It served as the debut for a woman I know very well, because she’s been a mainstay in my promotion in Portland. I’m referring to the “Time Bomb” Jana Rikar. She and Elizabeth Lannister had been having a long-simmering rivalry in Portland, and Jana got to face her on the biggest stage their feud has ever had.

Courtesy of FFW Sin & Sacrifice - September 26, 2020

Lannister stared at the referee in disgust as she asked for the three count but instead had the two confirmed to her instead. Once more Lannister demanded the three count from the official as she came to her feet and got in his face only for him to shake his head and tell her it was just a two and that the shoulder came up in time. Elizabeth didn’t hesitate in letting the referee know her displeasure with the decision before she turned back to her opponent. Once more she waved Jana to her feet and as Rikar was getting back to a vertical base, Lannister launched herself towards her and looked to catch her with the Rains of Castermere jumping swinging DDT but as she wrapped her arm around her opponent’s head, Jana managed to shove her away.

Dante: She’s going for the RAINS OF CASTAMERE….or she was! Jana’s rude and wouldn’t let her!

Zack: Oh yeah...rude! Give me a break!

The Lioness landed on her feet and took a moment to find her balance which gave Jana the opportunity to grab her by the wrist. Before the Timebomb could kick her feet upwards and into the Feet of Demolition, Elizabeth yanked her forwards and drove three short knees into her midriff before she hooked her leg and lifted her upwards into the Debt Fulfilled swinging leg hook fireman’s carry slam. The Gold Standard held for the pinfall as she landed the move.

Dante: Well DEBT FULFILLED works just as well!

One…

Two…

...THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zack: And the “Lioness” seals the deal tonight at Sin & Sacrifice!!

Robert Valero called for the bell and Lannister rolled away as it sounded while Kyle slid into the ring underneath the bottom rope. He started to help his client to her feet.

Kat: Here is your winner, by way of pinfall…”THE LIONESS” ELIZABETH LANNISTER!!!!

Dante: Are you still all that impressed with Jimmy Rikar here? Because I sure as hell am not!

Zack: I absolutely am with JANA! Lannister secures the win, but I’m not sure she’s heard the last of the Time Bomb!

~ ~ ~

Christian: Elizabeth, as you saw, came away with the victory that night. You can’t take it away from her, but I think Jana opened a lot of eyes around here. And she would go onto pick up some pretty impressive wins, including eliminating the first Phoenix Champion in her elimination match at Crossed Out.

Kelly: Her debut at Sin & Sacrifice was a back and forth classic for the highlight reel with the pair of them demonstrating just how well they knew each other as a result of their feud. It was a good win for the Lioness but we saw flashes of the potential that Jana has and I’m sure if she continues her upward trend then she’ll have a spectacular 2021 and gold will definitely be in her future here in FFW.

Christian: It’s very rare that a feud or rivalry begins in one promotion, but ends up being part of another. You saw it in the clip we just saw, but there’s also the issues that developed between Lacey and Kelly here. They spent a good chunk of 2019 in SVW going to war with each other, but that spilled over to FFW. And it prompted the first ever match where chairs were legal.

Courtesy of FFW Sin & Sacrifice - September 26, 2020

Zack: Lacey’s gonna need a team of chiropractors after this match is done, and that may not be all that long from the finish!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NOO!!!

Lacey still got her shoulder up in time, and Kelly hammered her with right hands before getting back to her feet. She snatched up another chair, and headed for the nearest corner to make her ascent. As soon as she got to the top rope, she put the chair behind her and dove off with what looked like a cannonball senton! But Lacey rolled out of the way, and she hit the mat instead, jarring her entire body thanks to the chair.

Dante: That was brilliant, Lacey! Look at Kelly sitting on her brains again in the middle of a match! Ahahahahaha!!

The redhead positioned one of the folded chairs up before jerking Kelly to her feet. She gave her a cold glare before Kelly surprised her with a headbutt to the face. It staggered the redhead before Kelly grabbed her, and delivered her front headlock driver into one of the chairs on the mat. She immediately rolled her over and made the cover before Parks slid into position.

Zack: Lacey just felt a steel chair version of CLIPPED WINGS!!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

The referee called for the bell to an ovation from the crowd. The blonde sat up on her knees and lurched forward a little, one hand pressed against her back before the referee raised the other one.

Kat: Your winner by pinfall…………….KELLY KINCAID!!

Dante: Can she really be proud of a victory like that? Having to use a chair in order to get a win over Lacey?!

Zack: You’re damn right she can! Kelly may not feel like a winner, but she couldn’t be happier to finally put a W in the record books against Lacey, especially here on a major event like Sin & Sacrifice!

She rolled out of the ring, and was soon helped by Christian. He congratulated her on the win while she listened to the Dallas crowd. The pair then began to head towards the back with Kelly pressing one hand against her back in obvious pain still.

~ ~ ~

Kelly: Lacey might have needed a team of chiropractors after the working over I gave her with that chair but honestly, as much as she deserved every single shot from the chair and to be turned into a giant walking bruise, I still went easy on her. Truthfully, I shouldn’t have stopped until I’d broken one of those steel chairs in half over her spine. But at least I picked up the win and I’ll be looking to build on that moving forwards to earn myself a shot at the FFW Championship.

Christian: Our last clip on this show is actually one of the most viewed clips on FFW’s YouTube channel. So I want to take you back to the Casey Atherton Championship Celebration from Velocity this past October.

Courtesy of FFW Velocity - October 15, 2020

Casey: It’s my pleasure and my honour to come here to Portland tonight, Dante. To help save the poor unfortunate souls that live here; to shine the light of salvation and redemption into their lives. I’m happy to be here and to inspire them in person  - and to inspire people watching this all around the world - to fight their demons; to show them how to find redemption  and to be all that they could be. After all, look at how people such as Nevaeh Summers embraced my teaching and looked to be back to her old formidable self...then denied me and went back to be nothing but a shadow of what she could be. Look at how Starla has gone from strength to strength to become one of the most powerful executives in this company....thanks to my love and my guidance. You too, all of you, could do the same. Just download my app - available on all platforms, give generously and listen to my teachings.

There was a nod of her head.

Casey: And if all of that was not inspiration enough, look at the way I have overcome all of the odds. How I overcame two warriors who chose to work together and still managed to rise above them. The Lord who has provided so much inspiration and guidance saw fit to raise me above these unworthy souls who shunned salvation and redemption and fell short as a result.

Dante: And we are about to inspire them further. Because I am about to reveal the new and improved...the symbol of hope for a new generation….the unveiling of the new Evolution Championship!

Zack: Where is the original one?! That’s what I want to know!

Dante moved towards the pedestal, and handed Casey his microphone for a moment. He ran his hands along the silk covering before grabbing the corners and whipping it away to reveal a glass case with red plush interior with…..no title. The smile disappeared from both of their faces as the case was totally empty.

Voice: You mean this one?

The video wall came to life, showing a close up of a title with a white leather strap and Casey’s face on every plate of it. But it was in the hands of….Scarlett Silver.

The shot pulled back to show the brunette. But she wasn’t in the arena, but standing on a bank of a river.

Scarlett: Welcome to the Rogue River! When I heard you were replacing MY Evolution title, I worked my magic and got the one you were going to replace it with. And quite frankly, I don’t like it.

She scrunches her nose as she looks at it for a moment.

Scarlett: I much prefer this one!

The original Evolution Championship is handed to her as she smiles at it. She then drapes it over her shoulder.

Scarlett: Since you don’t want it, I’ll take it. And as for the Casey Atherton Evolution title?

Scarlett hurls it over the bank into the Rogue River, where it’s quickly rushed away in the stream out of sight.

Scarlett: Come and get it!

Zack: Oh my…..

The camera switches back to Casey and Dante in the ring as they see her new title being swept away in the current. And the Portland crowd roars in approval! Casey meanwhile was wide eyed and frantic as she turned to Dante, pointing up at the screen before she made the title motion around her waist as she made it obvious that she wanted her belt back.

Zack: I think the Casey Atherton Championship Celebration just got canceled!  And the Casey Atherton Evolution title sleeps with the fishes!

~ ~ ~

Christian: It wasn’t too long after that when Scarlett reclaimed the Evolution Championship from Casey. And I am referring to the one that’s been around since the company opened, not the one that ended up in the Rogue River.

Kelly: Let’s be honest, that whole Casey Atherton Championship Celebration and some form of purported ‘new’ Evolution Championship was an absolute disgrace that should never have been given air time. What Scarlett did - and it’s rare that her and I see eye to eye - it was for the greater good. Atherton is a kook and a nut job and I’m shocked that Starla hasn’t arranged for her to spend a long term vacation in a room with padded walls that can only be opened from the outside and given her a jacket with long sleeves that fastens up the back.

Christian: I agree. And I’m going to share something with all our viewers here on All Access. You can call it an exclusive.

Christian looks very amused now as he looks over to his wife.

Christian: I know where Casey’s title is. When we were recording what Scarlett did with it, I had someone collect it just a little bit after the cameras stopped rolling.

He reached behind the widescreen television they had been watching, and produced the Casey Atherton Evolution Championship.

Kelly: I hope you’ve got somewhere safe to keep that, well away from the house. You know those followers of hers will do anything to get it back and I’m sure a state of the art alarm system won’t stop them from practising a little breaking and entering if they believe it’ll curry favour with the chief nut and earn them everlasting salvation.

Christian: I wouldn’t worry. I’ve been keeping it in a parcel locker somewhere in the state of California. I wouldn’t take it home on a bet. Besides it’s not even real gold.

He showed it to her.

Christian: Gold floats in water. This thing sank like a submarine after it hit the water. Pretty sure this is brass.

He thumped the main plate with his fingers over the picture of Casey’s face.

Christian: I haven’t decided what I should do with it yet.

Kelly: Put it in a locker at Grand Central next time we go through New York and lose the key? Melt it down for a small bowling trophy? Send it to Cody and Scarlett and let them deal with Casey and her followers? I don’t know, but knowing Dante and Casey we should probably expect a visit from the long arm of the law to talk about theft? Or is it more salvage given you found it on a riverbank?

Christian: I didn’t find it. I just paid the guy who did to give it to me. But I’ll discuss it with the champion, and see what she thinks. Anyway, fans, this has been a really fun look back at the year that was 2020 in FFW. Honestly we could keep going for hours talking about things that took place this year. Since you’re already watching us on All Access, feel free to watch all these moments in their entirety whenever you want.

He turns his attention back to his wife.

Christian: I almost asked to include what happened at Fury with Nevaeh, since fans voted that Most Shocking of the Year. Any of the clips we watched today bring back any personal memories, aside of the match you had with Lacey?

Kelly: What happened at Fury was certainly surprising given that it was Nevaeh who doesn’t usually allow her opponents to get to her that much. I think it’s been one heck of a year all around. I don’t think anyone can forget the matches between Isis and Charlotte Harker with the amount of damage the pair wrought. Or Cassandra’s  ascension on the main roster. Or that we’ve had one competitor try to run another over with a motorcycle. Then there’s the return we didn’t touch on in Alysson Gardner who I’m sure will be looking to push on in the New Year and rise up the card while Savannah has shown her desire to face Missy repeatedly now. Given all that, I think we’ve got one heck of a year coming up.

Christian: I’m sure 2021 will provide a lot of memories just like this one did in FFW. And I also hope that the new year is a better one for the world at large than this one too. Thank you for watching, and going on this journey down memory lane with us. Happy new year, FFW fans, and we’ll see you in Brooklyn next month when FFW’s 2021 calendar begins.

A short montage of moments from 2021 that weren’t covered is shown before the special fades to black.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 09:41:37 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: