Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 09:12:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

FFW Future Shock - Episode 88

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFW Future Shock - Episode 88  (Read 203 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: January 11, 2021, 03:10:07 pm »

Live from the Future Shock Arena in Boston, Massachusetts
January 12, 2021

The FFW logo is shown in graffiti on a brick wall before the camera wheels around to see Nadia and Alessandra of Target Acquired standing outside an old gym somewhere in Boston. They give each other a look as “Boom” by the X Ambassadors starts to play. When they start to head inside, we begin to see some of the stars of Future Shock in clips. 

My feet go boom boom boom
Boom boom boom, boom boom boom
My heart beats boom boom boom
Boom boom boom, boom boom boom

The clips begin with the Doomsday Sisters thrusting the Future Shock Tag Titles over their heads in South Korea, followed by Angelina Fantastica launching herself over the top rope. Luna and Anna Cortez pop out of a gift box next, and that’s followed by Cait Flanagan lounging on a boat in a red bikini. Then we cut back to Nadia and Alessandra as they step inside the dusty gym, and start getting the equipment inside working. 

I said, hey, uh huh, you can't stop me
'Cause my pain, uh huh, is gasoline (ooh)
I can't wait, no, for nobody
If you break my heart, it's 1, 2, 3
Boom boom boom

With the gym now somewhat ready for use, they see a ring standing in the center of it. They head towards it before we cut to another set of clips. They include: Stacey Sky looking up to the Future Shock Championship in her hand, Katie Hanley delivering her running boot to someone in the corner, Sydney Christensen twirling her Louisville Slugger with Dante standing behind her, Lauirie talking to the camera while ignoring Jane entirely, and finally Leighana admiring her handiwork after leaving an opponent laying. The shot changes back to Target Acquired in a dusty ring before they close their eyes. The shot changes to black before we open live inside the Future Shock Arena to a roaring crowd. The camera spins around to show the fans as well as Lexi stepping through the ropes. 

That's what I'm gonna do
I got a new tattoo, don't know what to tell you
Got nothing left to prove to you

With the crowd waving their signs and making a tremendous amount of noise, we cut down to the booth to find Zack Hudson and Claire Black. 

Zack: Welcome back to Boston, Massachusetts and to the Future Shock Arena! Happy new year, and thank you for joining us! After over a month off, the women of Future Shock are ready to get back to doing what they do best as we kick off 2021. 

Claire: We’re back and the girls have all had a chance to rest, heal up over the last month and are chomping at the bit to get back into the Future Shock ring and kick on. Make 2021 the best year in Future Shock history yet. 

Zack: If you saw the South Korea Spectacular and Crossed Out on FFW All Access, you know we have new champions up and down the roster. Every title in Future Shock changed hands in November, a real changing of the guard to start 2021.

Claire: A changing of the guard. A brand new era here in Future Shock and every single one of our new champions already have bullseyes painted on them. They’re all about to learn that winning the title is the east bit, holding it is a lot more difficult.

Zack: On the first show of 2020, we saw the Aspire Championship defended successfully. You gotta believe that Luna Cortez is hoping for history to repeat itself. Because tonight in our main event, Miss Future Shock America puts her Nova title on the line against a woman she is 0-2 against, Arabella Townshend. Not to mention she could tie Cait for the lead in Global Wars with a win tonight. Arabella has everything to gain and nothing to lose. 

Claire: You’re right on the money there Zack. This is a win/win situation for Arabella tonight and you could argue that all the pressure is on Luna. She has that record of never losing with the title on the line to uphold, while looking to keep pace with Cait in the Global Wars standings as she tries to become the first woman to win for Team USA. Or at least, as much as Luna ever feels the pressure.

Zack: Speaking of Cait, we’ll be hearing from her tonight as well. After securing the Diamond Championship at Crossed Out with no shortage of assistance, you can be sure the “Million Dollar Baby” is gonna be riding high when we hear from her. She doesn’t care about the means, just the ends.

Claire: All that matters to her is what’s in the record books and making sure the title is around her waist. Though she might want to invest in a bodyguard or two...or grow eyes in the back of her head because there’s no shortage of people who are going to want to take their pound of flesh out of her hide.

Zack: One half of the new Future Shock Tag Champions will be in action. Victoria Havoc and Sienna Danger went to war in South Korea, and claimed the tag titles they had chased from day one. Havoc steps back into the ring tonight, ideally all healed up against another woman who has all the clear finally from our medical staff. It’ll be Victoria Havoc and River Campbell one on one tonight.

Claire: She might be medically cleared but I guarantee that the TLC match with the Dragons will have left its mark on the Doomsday Sisters and neither of them are likely to be quite the same again. Though after what we saw them do and the dominance Victoria’s displayed, River’s going to have a mountain to climb. This’ll be a true test as to whether those ribs of hers are fully healed or not.

Zack: Speaking of tag teams, I happen to know the Dollhouse is in the arena tonight. They made a very surprising arrival in South Korea. And it’s been confirmed both of those women are now part of the Future Shock roster. 

Claire: For anyone who hasn’t seen the Dollhouse before they are...pretty unique in a freaky, spooky, send shivers up your spine kind of way. And it looks like they’ve gotten their sights set on the North Harbour Girls right out of the gate.

Zack: That’s not all though. Also tonight, fresh off trying to set Laurie Strode’s face on fire in South Korea, Raven Knight is back in action. She’ll be facing the debuting Alejandra Garcia. Alejandra says she doesn’t miss, but she definitely didn’t draw an easy out for her first night in a Future Shock ring.

Claire: The sharpshooter is certainly going to have that tested tonight and if her aim isn’t true, Raven is the sort of competitor that won’t give her a chance to reload and try again. It’ll be a real test for the debutante against one of the most vicious and violent women on the roster.

Zack: Future Shock’s first major event of 2021 is April 6th at Global Wars. And I’m told two matches are already signed. Of course, there’s the battle royal with all the entrants involved. But now I’ve been informed that the winner of tonight’s Nova Championship match will meet Mikayla Stone in her title rematch that night. If it’s Arabella, she’s in the same boat as Luna being 0-2 against Mikayla. But if it’s Luna, she’s already done it once. Either way, Mikayla awaits. 

Claire: That’s a pretty huge battle royal already announced right there. While Mikayla had a spectacular 2020, racking up successful defences of the Nova Championship as she did so. I’m sure she’ll be determined to build off that and be just as dominant in 2021. Global Wars is a great opportunity for her to do just that.

Zack: No telling what else we may see tonight, so let’s get things rolling and send it up to our exhibitionist in the ring!

Lexi Carmichael is already in the ring, wearing a black dress with what looks like claw marks in some of the fabric. She smiles to the camera and begins the introductions.

Lexi: The first Future Shock contest of 2021 is scheduled for one fall to a finish.

Sirens start wailing and images of a horseback chase in a relentless desert flash in the big screen. The policewoman Alex Garcia shows up atop the entrance ramp, galloping into the arena on her dark horse, stopping at the top of the ramp and giving the people in the audience a nod and a tip of her marshall hat. As the beat of her song picks up for good, she dismounts the horse, allowing it to be brought back out of the arena, before the chorus of the song comes…

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! 
Vamonos, vamonos!
BANG! BANG! BANG! 
Vamonos, vamonos!

The lights flash brightly in white with each BANG, as Alejandra simulates gunshots with her hands. Once that part is done and the guitar solo starts, she tracks down the entrance ramp, smirking at the crowd as she makes her way to the ring. 

Lexi: Introducing first… From Las Cruces, New Mexico… “The Enforcer”... ALEJANDRA! GARCIA!!!

When she reaches the ring, she rolls in and immediately makes her way to her corner, removing her hat and dog tag before the action begins, allowing it to fall into the hands of a stagehand before the match is underway.

Zack: Wow, Alejandra brought her steed with her to the ring tonight. I haven’t seen that before. This will be our first chance to see what the New Mexico markswoman can do. 

Claire: Alejandra has an opportunity to lay down a huge marker tonight against Raven and she’s already impressed with this entrance of hers. 

The lights go out completely as the opening guitar riff of ‘Is this the way you get to hell by Stitched up heart’ starts to play. A red spotlight hits highlighting a handbasket sitting on the otherwise empty stage.

Is this the way you get to hell?
Is this the way you get to hell in a handbasket?
You will tear me apart.
You will tear apart my mind, My simple mind.
It's just cause you hurt so bad,
That you end up blind, You end up blind.
Is this the way you… Is this the way you...
Is this the way you…

A second spotlight hits at the entrance to see Raven Knight standing with her arms raised above her head making the bottom of her top raise enough to show part of her taut abdomen. Boos erupt from the crowd which just bring a smirk to the resident firestarter’s face. 

Dripping from bloody fingers,
Running from the palms of my hands.
I didn’t even have a chance.

Lexi: Introducing at this time...from Providence, Rhode Island,--weighing in at one-hundred twenty pounds, she is the “The Dark Raven:” RAVEN KNIIIIGHT!

I will tear you apart.
I will tear apart your mind, Your simple mind.
It's just cause I hurt so bad,
That I end up blind, I end up with a simple mind.
Is this the way you… Is this the way you...
Is this the way you…

Raven walks out onto the stage and approaches the handbasket with the smirk still in place on her face, suddenly she kicks out sending the basket toppling down the ramp and scattering black rose petals in its wake and down the ramp.

I didn’t even have a chance.

Raven walks down the ramp towards the ring with her arms raised either side of her and her middle fingers extended towards the crowd. She speeds up as she nears the ring and jumps up onto the apron, sliding under the bottom rope and jumping to her feet in a quick fluid sequence. She raises her middle fingers to the crowd again before going back to her corner and laughing at the animosity she is getting from the crowd.

Zack: Raven Knight is one of the most dangerous women in Future Shock, and she may now be tied with the Dollhouse in that regard. She loves to fight, and I doubt she does a lot of studying opponents because well….there’s not a lot of footage on Alejandra.

Claire: Like you said, she loves to fight and I don’t think she gives two cents for what her opponent can do so long as they can stand toe to toe with her and let her indulge that penchant for violence. Let’s not forget either, this woman had her shoulder dislocated in her debut and still won.

Referee Melinda Davis checks both women before calling for the bell to start the match. The Boston crowd has very little appreciation for Raven, booing her almost immediately while Alejandra tells Davis ‘welcome back’ before the referee steps out of the way of the opponents. 

Zack: Glad to see Melinda Davis back in the stripes after her suspension. She’ll be in charge here and our main event tonight. 

Claire: Davis is a mighty fine official and it’s good to see her back in action and kicking off the New Year for us here in FFW. She might certainly have her hands full though with Raven in the ring.

Alejandra is all smiles until she locks eyes with Raven, who is anything but smiling at the moment. The two head towards each other before Knight tries to gain an early advantage with a thumb to the eye. But Garcia catches her hand, and counters into an arm drag takedown. Knight pops up, and turns into a second from her followed by a third. Before she’s able to fully get up this time, Alejandra catches her with a knee to the lower back that freezes her for a second, and allows her to drive her face first into the nearest turnbuckle. When the pyromaniac turns around, she gets scooped up over Garcia’s shoulders and driven into the mat with a Samoan drop.

Zack: Raven tried to get an early advantage, but Garcia is well versed in hand to hand combat. She’s a former police officer, and I’d say she just neutralized Raven in that short flurry for the moment.

Claire: Alejandra is making the most of the advantage that she gained and Knight has got to adjust to whatever Alejandra can throw at her. Garcia is keeping her on the back foot and not letting Raven bring this into her wheelhouse.

Before Knight could get up, Alejandra had her in a rear chinlock which she quickly covered into an overhead keylock submission. Raven was close enough to the ropes though to get her foot across the bottom, causing Davis to call for the break. Alejandra immediately let go when Raven dropped to her back, and tried to kick her in the head. But again, Garcia outfoxed her, grabbing that foot and the other before falling backwards to send Raven catapulting face first into the mat in the center of the ring. The former officer immediately applied a crossface submission. 

Zack: You know what? I’m starting to think throwing shots at Alejandra isn’t the best idea. Raven tried to catch her more than once with shots to the head, and Garcia has foiled it every time...and made her regret it too.

Claire: I think Raven just made it a little too easy for Alejandra to telegraph what’s coming. She needs to get her feet beneath her and not let her frustrations get to her.

Raven immediately began pulling them both towards the ropes as soon as the move was locked in, giving her opponent only about three seconds with the hold applied before the referee called for a break. Once again, Garcia released the hold as soon as she was asked. She popped back to her feet, and grabbed Knight’s feet to pull her back towards the center. She tied up her feet before dropping backwards to apply a Muta lock on the firestarter. And again, the referee was in position to see if Raven wanted to stop. She didn’t show any sign she did, but was struggling to get back to the ropes.

Claire: This is a technical masterclass from Alejandra right now. She’s just bringing out a huge and varied selection of submission holds to excellent effect, keeping her opponent in the worst possible place - flat on the mat. 

Zack: It’s awful hard to throw hands or feet at your opponent when she’s got you tied up on the mat. This Muta lock is also showing she’s got some core strength and flexibility too.

It took a bit longer this time, but Raven did make it to the ropes finally. She grabbed the bottom strand, prompting another break from Alejandra. But before the newcomer could grab her again, Raven rolled out of the ring to the floor. Knight held the back of her head and neck as she walked around the ring, prompting the referee to count and Alejandra elected not to go after her.

Zack: I don’t blame Raven for this, and wisely Alejandra isn’t chasing after her out there. That’s Raven’s domain, and ideally the last place you want to be with her in a match.

Claire: That’s true but Alejandra has had a flying start right out of the gate tonight and is showing an awful lot here in her debut. But we shouldn’t take away from Raven - we’ve seen first hand how much punishment she can take.

As Davis got to six with Alejandra not far from the referee, Raven swiped her leg out from under her from the floor. The former officer landed on her back in the ring before Knight snapped the back of her knee across the apron three times and started to drag her towards the corner. Davis admonished her and told Raven to get back in the ring, but she wasn’t that much attention as she grabbed her ankle and looked to be about to wrap her knee around the post….until Garcia brought her knees up and pulled Raven face first into the ringpost! 

Claire:  Raven got an opening and was about to show off her sadistic side...but again Alejandra saw it coming and stopped Raven before she could do any real damage or build momentum.

Zack: Alejandra is impressing the hell out of me tonight. Certainly looks like Adam has found himself one hell of a talent for the roster here. 

Knight held her face in pain as Alejandra pulled her back into the ring. She jerked Knight to her feet as she was still holding her face, only for the pyromaniac to surprise her with a jawbreaker. That staggered her backwards, and allowed Raven the chance to start laying in right hands and forearms to the side of her head. A short knee doubled her over before Raven pressed Garcia’s face against her knee and stomped the mat. That sent the officer reeling, and Raven followed up with a short arm clothesline and a DDT. She sat up with an angry look on her face as she looked down to Alejandra.

Zack: Here we go, this is the Raven we know. She’s not much for technique, and is much happier just beating you senseless with whatever’s handy. Looks like Alejandra’s irritated her, judging by that look.

Claire: You’ve got to think that we’re about to see Raven kick it up a notch. This is her opportunity to do what she loves most and be relentless in beating the debutante down.

The boos only grew louder as the fans spotted Andrew Marx heading down the ramp towards the ring. He had a chair in his hand too, which he slid under the bottom rope towards his girlfriend. The referee immediately intercepted it and was disposing of it as Raven removed one of the top turnbuckles. She tossed the pad to the floor and went back to scoop up Alejandra for a snake eyes in that corner. Davis returned her focus to the match.  The former officer clutched her face in pain before Knight scooped her up into a GTS, and went for the cover. 

Zack: I can’t say i’ve missed the presence of Andy Marx at all, and Raven’s looking to give Alejandra her first L in Future Shock!

ONE!!

TWOOOO-NOO!!

Garcia got her shoulder up just as the two struck the mat, and Raven began driving elbows into the side of her head briefly before getting back to her feet. She smirked towards her boyfriend. 

Claire: Knight looking for the knockout shot against the former officer and she could well be getting close with the way she’s been landing some of these shots to Garcia’s head.

Alejandra tried to get back to her feet before Raven pasted her with a running European uppercut that wobbled her backwards. A second one sent her into the ropes before Knight whipped her across to the far side. She caught her on the rebound with a frankensteiner, and quickly got back to her feet. She headed towards Andy with her hand out, and he produced a black latex glove from his jacket, which she immediately slid into place. 

Claire: There’s no way this is good for Alejandra! Raven senses the end is near and believes she’s got her foe right where she wants her!!

Zack: I’m not sure she’s got Alejandra in a weak enough position yet, but we’ll find out momentarily. That’s the setup for the mandible claw she likes to use!

Knight started to circle like a bird of prey as Garcia was beginning to get back to her feet. She moved in closer as she turned around, and went to drive her fingers down her throat. But the former officer grabbed her wrist to stop her, causing a brief struggle as Raven tried to overpower her and apply the hold anyway. Alejandra countered with a flatliner that drove Raven face down on the mat, and left Garcia laying face up next to her as she tried to get her wind back.

Zack: She might have waited a little too long for Alejandra to get up, and the New Mexico Markswoman created a little salvation for herself. 

Claire: That was a quick thinking counter from Garcia who has obviously done her homework ahead of this contest. But if she can’t make the most of this, then all she could have achieved right there is to delay the inevitable.

The newcomer sat up first, and was almost to her feet when Raven was starting to do the same. She grabbed Knight by the arm, and fired a barrage of kicks into her body. She finally pulled her to her feet, and started a trio of vertical suplexes. She rolled Raven back to her feet for the fourth time, but instead went for a falcon’s arrow that landed perfectly. Knight was rolled over as Garcia went for the cover. 

Zack: A textbook falcon’s arrow from the southwest sheriff, and we could be on our way to an upset!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! -NO.

Raven got her shoulder up before the three, and Garcia rolled away from her. She rose back to her feet, and climbed up to the middle turnbuckle to deliver a diving fist drop into Raven’s face. 

Claire: Near fall for the debutante but I’m not sure this is the best strategy to go for at this point in the match. She could be better off showcasing more of her submission abilities. Taking a couple of moments to rest while she forces Knight to fight out of her grip, you know?

With the fans behind her, she doubled back to the corner and climbed up to the second turnbuckle from the inside. Whatever she was going for didn’t pan out though before she dove off, and Raven brought her foot up and caught her on the chin on the way down. It staggered the newcomer backwards holding her mouth before Raven quickly followed up her with her facebreaker knee smash that floored Alejandra.  But instead of going for the cover, she shook her head and got back to her feet.

Zack: Raven connected with KNIGHT FALL, but apparently that’s not enough punishment for Alejandra! 

Claire: I think Raven has something in mind right now and is looking to put down a marker that could well push her into title contention to start off 2021. 

Raven hadn’t made it to her feet yet before Andy was back on the apron. As the referee intercepted him, he moved down the apron with her and it was clear he had left something on the mat for her. Raven headed towards it, collecting the Zippo as the referee tried to get him down. She flicked open the lid, and produced a sizable flame before heading towards her opponent. 

Claire: Our resident pyromaniac has that damned lighter and she could be looking to make sure this is a one night only deal for Garcia - after all, we’ve seen Raven happily set people on fire before now.

Zack: I don’t see any flash paper, so she may be just looking to see which parts of Alejandra can she burn right here with Marx tying up the referee! Wait a minute, we got incoming!

The boos got louder but then turned to cheers as Laurie Strode headed down the ramp towards the ring with Jane in hot pursuit behind her tag partner. As Raven was near the ropes, Laurie grabbed her hand that was holding the Zippo and pulled it out of her grasp. Knight repaid her by shoving that mandible claw into her mouth for a moment until Jane yanked her partner off the apron. Andy pointed them out to the referee as Davis went towards the tag team next. Meanwhile, Garcia was back on her feet and closing the gap towards Raven.

Claire: Last time out Laurie was on the receiving end of a fireball from Raven and it seems like she’s determined to make sure it doesn’t happen to anyone else!! Knight can’t allow herself to get distracted though!!

Zack: You got that right! Here comes Alejandra, and it’s not for an ice cream social.

As soon as Alejandra was within reach, Raven surprised her with a spinning elbow to the mouth that sent her backwards. Knight quickly grabbed her head, and dropped her with her front headlock driver before floating over for the cover with a leg hook.

Zack: KNIGHT TERRORS, and Raven’s going for the cover now! Especially with the Experience out here!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Davis called for the bell as Andy climbed up onto the apron and into the ring. The veteran got to her feet, and had her hand raised as Andy gave her some applause. No one else in the arena felt the same though.

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall…….RAVEN KNIGHT!!

Claire: Raven picks up the win tonight while, giving Laurie a reminder of what she’s capable of in the process. But we should recognize just how impressive Alejandra was on her debut. Garcia showed a lot of different skills and abilities tonight.

Laurie was tended to by Jane as she was still coughing after having Raven’s fingers down her throat briefly. Andy let Jane know that she needed to stop fantasizing about him when he had a girlfriend, and the look on Jane’s face was anything but lust or longing.

Zack: I think Alejandra might have given Raven more of a fight than she was expecting, and showed a lot of skills tonight. But it’s hard to make up for Raven’s experience in big matches..especially when you have her mean streak to go with it. I don’t think Andy has to worry about Jane’s fantasies either. 

Claire: Yeah, I don’t think Jane has a rodent fetish… But that aside, Garcia’s shown that she has a bright future in Future Shock while Raven has gotten her 2021 off to a good start and she has to be thinking about forcing her way into title contention sooner rather than later.

The Experience finally headed towards the back before Andy raised Raven’s hand in victory. She pulled him into a kiss before the show headed elsewhere inside the Future Shock Arena. 

Undeniable

Future Shock returns from the commercial break, and the booing of the fans is the first thing noticeable. The next thing noticeable is Kyle Kilmeade standing in the center of the ring with the Future Shock Championship sitting on a pedestal and shining brightly under the arena lights.

Kyle: On November 17th of last year, a destiny was fulfilled. I told everyone over two years ago that the woman I’m about to introduce was destined to become the top woman on this roster. And like usual, I was right. While any number of women you could name have climbed the ladder of Future Shock first by winning this title then that title...not Stacey. She went straight to the top of the mountain. And in South Korea in her first challenge for this title, it was the only chance she needed. 

He looks down with pride to the title, already with Stacey’s nameplate inscribed on it.

Kyle: She left nothing to chance. She put Mara Werth in unconsciousness in South Korea, forcing the referee to have to stop the match. You know Mara, right? The one you all love, and yammer on about her series with Gemma Pierce? Well Stacey did what Gemma couldn’t, she defeated Mara for the Future Shock Championship. To look at Stacey, you’d think this is a woman who must be a model. Head to toe, she is perfection honestly. But she’s way more than that, she has a lot more to offer. And as her manager and biggest supporter to boot, feel free to show some respect for your new Future Shock Champion…..’SENSATIONAL’ STACEY SKY!!

Stacey makes her way to the ring with a smile on her face, completely ignoring the less than appreciative response from the crowd. When she finally enters the ring she gives Kyle a small kiss on the cheek. 

Stacey: Of course, some of the credit has to go to you, Kyle as my manager. You’re the one who made sure I was ready and had everything I needed to succeed after all. 

She gives Kyle a small round of applause, and unsurprisingly the crowd do not join her in that. 

Stacey: We always said that I would only need one shot to become the Future Shock Champion, and that is exactly how many it took. You guys just hate the fact that we are ALWAYS right, don’t you?

Kyle: Stacey here is a living example of what happens when people underestimate their opponent. That’s what’s happened since the day I brought her here. She got written off again and again as just some angry ex-cheerleader. Hardly anyone gave her the credit she deserved for becoming what is inarguable now: one of the best in the history of this brand. The proof is sitting right there on this pedestal with her name on it. Those of you who wrote her off long ago, well you know where you can shove your opinion now. 

He glances back to the title again. 

Kyle: The only real reason these women in the crowd tonight are booing you is because you’ve achieved more in the last year than any of them have in their entire life. While Stacey was choking out Mara to become Future Shock Champion, their biggest accomplishment was picking out which tub of ice cream they wanted to eat while growing into their furniture. The guys are just jealous because they have to go home with those women and can only look at you. So boo all you want. I don’t blame you. It still doesn’t change the fact that Stacey is the top woman in Future Shock, a fact that’s going to remain for quite some time.

Stacey: I didn’t spend years waiting patiently for the perfect time and perfect opportunity to call my shot, just to lose it at the first hurdle, so you better believe that I have no intentions of letting go of this title anytime soon. 

Kyle: I am well aware Mara is gonna want a rematch. I’m sure that’ll happen, and she’ll get ONE. I know the winner of Global Wars is also going to have a shot at the champion. I’ve already conferred with Cait, because when she wins, she will hold onto her shot till the day Stacey isn’t the champion. That’s how we do in the Gold Standard. As for the other five, you’re in a race to be the next loser in a successful defense honestly. 

Stacey: No doubt at least one of them will write me off just as so many have done before them, and you know… quite honestly, I hope they do. Because it is so much more fun for me when they get those smug grins wiped off their faces and realise just how big of a mistake they’ve made. 

Kyle scoops up the title from the pedestal, and drapes it across her shoulder before whispering something into her ear and then addressing the crowd one last time.

Kyle: Your new reigning and defending FFW Future Shock Champion….’SENSATIONAL’ STACEY SKY!!

As she adjusted it on her shoulder with a smile on her face, the show cuts to a commercial for Future Shock Global Wars on April 6th.

Mara Battles Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

The next stop inside the Future Shock Arena takes us into Mara Werth’s locker room just as the door opens. Then three men with furniture dollies with three boxes stacked up on each dolly head inside, leaving the stacked boxes on the floor. They roll the dollies out, and soon three more stacked boxes on three furniture dollies get left. Mara’s agent manages to get inside next, and joins her and takes a seat as the deliveries continue.

Carson: Good evening, Mara. Hope I’m not interrupting anything.

Nine more boxes are brought in and left. 

Carson: That’ll be enough for now, gentlemen. If you could put the rest in the conference room. 

They nod and finally leave Mara’s dressing room, with just her, Carson, and 27 boxes stacked up near the door. 

Mara: No, you’re not interrupting anything. Just sat here, watching the show. At least I was. I’m now wondering why you seem to be moving into this bijou locker room and annexing the conference room as your own. 

Carson: Those aren’t for me. They are for you. 

He tells her with a smile before producing a pack of Sharpies from his jacket liner to give to her. 

Carson: As are these. You have some new merchandise that needs autographing to start 2021. But this time, it won’t require you to buy lipstick. 

Mara: All them? These are all for me. Each. And every, single box. Just...just how many boxes are being sent to the Conference room? This is like that scene in the Santa Clause where they deliver the list for him to check twice. If that and these boxes in here are anything to go by I might need a sleeping bag and a change of clothes - there’s no way I’m going to be able to get these back to my apartment. And I might just have to buy shares in Sharpie...part of my retirement plan.

Carson: There’s 9 boxes here, 27 in each. There’s 21 more boxes in the conference room. I won’t crunch those numbers for you, but I did want to show you what it is though.

Carson ripped the tape off one of the boxes to open it, and pulled a cube shaped box showing Mara’s very first Funko Pop.

Carson: You are one of a select few who were chosen to be part of Future Shock’s first set of Funko Pops. Yourself, Jacqui Minogue, Arabella Townshend, Stacey Sky, Katie Hanley, and Luna Cortez. 

Mara: That’s quite an honour and they’ve done a really good job of recreating my likeness haven’t they? No-one will notice if a couple of these go missing, will they? For me and maybe a friend or two? I’m sure they’d get a kick out of them. That sort of thing happens all the time, right? They allow for that sort of thing when they package them up and send them over, don’t they?

Carson; Entirely unneeded. I’ve already arranged for a box to be delivered right to your door. So you’ll have 9 of your own to do with as you see fit. All you need do is autograph the 810 we have here...this week at least to get things started so they can be released by Valentine’s Day.

Mara: 810. In a week. Just a measly 100 and change a day. Okay, I can do that. I’ll even try and avoid getting RSI or spraining my wrist from the constant signing of my name over and over again. I guess I’d better make a start on these hadn’t I? I’m sure these will just fly off the shelves and out of the shipping warehouse.

Carson: Ideally yes. There’ll be more coming, but this is a good start. I also happen to know you’ve been booked for the next Future Shock, so plenty for you to give your attention. A tag team main event, no less. You’ll certainly keep your wrists in shape that day before the match too.

Mara: Yeah, 810… it’ll be a real good start. I’m surprised you didn’t suggest they deliver another couple of boxes to make it a round 1000.

She grinned at her agent.

Mara: So, why don’t you tell me more about this tag team main event that I’ve got coming up in two weeks time? Who am I teaming with? Who are we facing off against?

Carson: Your opposition will be both of the Gold Standard, the reigning Diamond and Future Shock Champions: Cait Flanagan and Stacey Sky. Of course, Cait could add points to her Global Wars lead here. Your tag team partner is someone who no doubt would be quite eager to get herself into the Diamond rankings...and about to compete in the next match: River Campbell.

Mara: And I definitely wouldn’t mind getting the Future Shock Championship back...this could be a good way of asserting my credentials. And River’s certainly got a lot of heart and fire and determination, I’ve got to applaud that. But, Cait and Stacey might just be the most in-form wrestlers in all of Future Shock at the moment. Flanagan’s leading Global Wars. Stacey’s been on fire and she managed to beat me in South Korea. It should be a really great match right here, in two weeks time.

Carson: I agree with you. And I look forward to seeing how well you gell with River. She’s not all that much similar to Harley, after all. Plus you’ll have the benefit...I guess...of DOC helping you both strategize. 

Mara nodded her head.

Mara: I’ve listened to DOC. I’m sure he will bring some very unique insight into how we should approach this match and I’m sure whatever strategy he comes up with will certainly be something...something that neither River nor I would consider without his input. I’m sure River and I will get along great and probably mesh really well together. Heck, if everything falls just right...maybe we might decide to chase the tag titles as well as our singles ambitions. Who knows?

She shrugged one shoulder with a mischievous smile on her face.

Mara: How’d you feel about partnering up with DOC in a negotiation or two?

Carson: I doubt we’d find common ground. He has made offers for my talent contracts, some as generous as $150. As I recall, that was for Savannah Star. 

Mara: Well...that’s DOC in a nutshell, I guess. He certainly chances his arm doesn’t he? Offering a whole $150 for some of your talent contracts. Or he’s an eternal optimist.

Carson: Something like that. In any case, I suggest giving a close eye to River’s match coming up as you begin the honor of signing the first 810 Mara Funkos. 

He hands her a couple of them before she sits back down, and takes a deep breath. On that image, Future Shock heads to commercials. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 08:34:50 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 03:11:56 pm »

The show returns from the commercial break to the ring, where Lexi is already waiting and ready to begin the next introductions.

Lexi: The following contest is scheduled for one fall to a finish.

The lights extinguish inside the arena only for a hockey style goal horn to sound; causing a spotlight to snap on and highlight the one, the only, River Campbell stood at the top of the stage playing to the crowd, waving her arms to get them to join in with the clapping and the opening “Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh’s…” of “The Enforcer” by Monster Truck. She nods her head, revelling in it as the lyrics kick in.

“I'm not looking for a fight
If you come at me tonight
I'm gonna make you sorry.
Don't try my patience, son
There's a reason I'm the one,
People stand aside for.”

With a smirk on her face she sets off down the ramp, beating her chest as she does so. When she reaches the ring she climbs up the ring steps. Entering the ring, the musician continues to play to the fans by standing on the middle rope and raising her hand in the air. She repeats this on all four sides of the ring before returning to her corner and waiting impatiently for the match to start.

Lexi: From New York, New York, weighing 133 lbs, standing 5’7” she is...RIVER CAMPBELL!!!

Zack: River is back in action and ready to go. She made that point abundantly clear on a recent edition of Face Off, along with DOC. It’s a good thing she’s anxious to get her hands dirty again, because she has a tall test about to come through the curtain.

Claire: This isn’t the first time that River’s been in the ring with the Doomsday Sisters but since then they’ve gone to a whole new level of destruction. And for River, this is a chance to showcase what she can do and back up her demands to face Sydney in the ring.

The lights go out...

The first note of music of “American Witch” by Rob Zombie hits the arena, prompting the arena to erupt to thunderous reaction.

Then, we hear the first words of the song spoken:

This is a journey backed with fear, guilt, and anxiety

As the song begins, and the spotlight is beaming on the stage where Victoria Havoc appears, arms positioned in a flex position with her sister Sienna Danger standing beside her. Then Victoria stops posing, and the ladies show off their trademark triangle hand signal, to represent her faction, before making their way down the aisle.

Lexi: Making her way to the ring, being accompanied by Sienna Danger and representing The Matriarchy...standing 6'2 and weighing 200 pounds…from Melbourne, Australia…she is one half of the reigning Future Shock Tag Team Champions…She…Is “The Lady Beast”…VICTORIA HAVOC!!!!!

Once the ladies get to ringside, they climb up to the apron of the ring and face the crowd, doing a little trash talking with the fans at ringside. After wiping her feet on the apron, they enter the ring and Victoria walks over to one of the corners, where she climbs up and poses, yelling back at the crowd at every chance. She then goes toward the opposite corner and does the same thing after climbing up. Meanwhile, Sienna stands in the center of the ring, pointing at her sister while doing some trash talking with the crowd herself. Then, after coming down, Victoria rejoins with her sister to her corner of the ring as she waits for the match to begin.

Zack: Where one Doomsday Sister goes, the other is rarely far behind! That’s a lot of woman for River to have to handle tonight, and she looks more confident than ever with the Future Shock Tag Titles in her and Sienna’s possession.

Claire: I don’t think you can blame her for that, in South Korea, these two went through Hell and earned the right to lift those Championships above their heads. They’re riding a huge wave of momentum and they won’t want it to come to a crashing halt here against a guitarist-turned-wrestler. River’s going to need eyes in the back of her head with Sienna lurking nearby.

Referee Ashley Pruitt checks both women to ensure no one has any hidden weapons before she calls for the bell to start the match. Victoria heads towards the center of the ring, and looks across at River. It’s easy to see the difference in height as the guitarist moves towards her. Havoc looks down at her, remaining largely stoic as River cracks her knuckles. 

Zack: Look at the size difference, Claire. River’s giving up 7 inches in height, and almost 60 pounds in weight. Tell the viewers what kind of difference that can make in a fight.

Claire: In terms of an out and out fight, it’s going to be like Victoria is hitting River with a pair of Christmas hams with every well delivered shot. In terms of wrestling...sixty pounds of extra muscle can be game changing when it drives you down into the mat.

Victoria makes the first move as she raises her hand, seemingly inviting River to a test of strength. But it’s clear quickly that the guitarist can’t reach up high enough to grab it, which amuses Victoria for a moment as she smiles down at her partner at ringside. Sienna shares her amusement, even though River doesn’t. She instead responds by firing kicks into the tag champion’s knee repeatedly. Four quick shots land in a row before Campbell nails a kick behind her knee that wobbles her long enough for the blonde to sweep the leg and bring her down to the mat for some mounted punches. 

Zack: Someone forgot to invite River to the chuckle fest between the Doomsday Sisters, and right out of the gate, she’s brought Victoria to the mat right within striking range of those soup bone-like fists!

Claire: That’s where River has to keep her. Everyone is the same size when they’re laid out on the mat and it’s so much more difficult for Havoc to use that power. Though, I’m not sure punching her is the best way for River to go about it.

She manages to land a few rights before the powerhouse shoves her off to the mat. Havoc quickly tries to get to her feet, only for River to bounce off the near side with a running kneelift to the face before she gets up. It rocks the Aussie again before Campbell hits the ropes a second time, this time with a hip attack that puts Havoc on a knee again. A few more right hands to the head land as she tries to get up, and then River tucks her head between her legs and looks like she’s going for a piledriver. But Victoria is far too tall for that, and immediately counters with a back body drop that deposits Campbell on the canvas. 

Zack: I don’t think that’s going to work!

Claire: She’s not got Victoria anywhere near worn down enough to be trying to drop her on her head like that. She needs to be snapping these moves off and not letting herself get caught.

River quickly rises to her feet, and catches Havoc with a leaping forearm to the side of her head. A couple more land, but they are glancing blows since River is having to jump up to connect with them. Victoria returns fire with an elbow to the top of her head, which sends the musician backwards a step. Havoc follows up with a two-handed beal that sends River crashing a couple feet away on the mat. Havoc drags her to her feet, and fires her into the corner. As she approaches, River starts trying to throw those jumping forearms with little success before Victoria uses a double axe handle blow to her head to take the fire out of her.

Zack: What you were saying about trying to throw hands with Victoria is coming true. I’m not a boxer, but punches you have to jump to hit can’t be that effective. 

Claire: There’s no chance for her to plant her feet and transfer her weight into each blow. River needs to forget rattling her jaw or going for the knockout and focus on the body. After all, if anyone should know what having banged up ribs is like...

River tried to straighten up in the corner and get her feet under her when the tag champion drove a knee into her ribs. She followed that with hammer punches to the top of her head, driving her down to her knees before the powerhouse scooped her up high overhead with a gorilla press. Campbell was launched to the mat in a heap before Victoria executed a diving headbutt into her chest when she tried to sit up.

Zack: There’s a new wrinkle Victoria’s added to her arsenal, a diving headbutt and she didn’t even need to go up top to hit it. I think River’s trying to work off some extra aggression she’s built up over the last month and change, but this isn’t the opponent for that, I don’t think.

Claire: I’m all for her burning off some aggression, but she’s got to be smart about it. She’s got to work to her strengths and not blunder straight into Victoria’s wheelhouse - otherwise she’ll just rack up air miles on Doomsday Airlines.

She dragged River back to her feet, and landed an uppercut to her stomach that almost lifted her off her feet. Havoc shoved her backwards into the nearest corner, and barged in with a discus elbow right to the jaw. A second uppercut landed under her ribs, once more lifting River slightly off her feet before Victoria whipped her with velocity into the far corner. River’s back hit the corner right before Victoria launched forward. She was looking for a running shoulder block, but the guitarist popped up to sit on the top turnbuckle and let Havoc hit the corner shoulder first before she went for a sunset flip!

Zack: Did you see those body shots?! And now she’s gonna….GET ROLLED UP!!

ONE!!!

TW-NOOO!!

Havoc’s arm popped up off the mat just before the two was about to strike the mat, and River quickly rolled away from her. 

Claire: Smart from River. She saw Havoc coming and tried to capitalise and that’s got to be one of her keys to success tonight.

The musician was back to her feet only a second before her opponent was, and she waved her forward. The angry Aussie stormed towards her into a drop toe hold from Campbell that sent her neck first across the middle rope. She hung there long enough for River to climb up the corner, and deliver a guillotine leg drop from the top that snapped the powerhouse backwards into the ring and clutching her throat. Campbell winced when she landed on the apron, it being the hardest part of the ring and then rolled back in after her. 

Claire: Though shots from Victoria have had an effect on River as you can see right there, but River is in the driving seat right now. You think she can keep it Zack?

Zack: As long as she doesn’t revert back to trying to throw hands with her. There’s not too many women in Future Shock who are going to match power with either half of the tag champs.

Victoria was still trying to catch her breath as she was sitting up. River descended on her quickly, and applied a sleeper hold. She leaned into her, causing Havoc to bend forward as the musician tightened her grip. The powerhouse began to get up though as River kept the hold applied. The guitarist hopped onto her back, and tried to wrap her legs around her body as Havoc was now at full stance. The Future Shock Tag Champion lumbered forward a step as River held on as tightly as she could before Victoria began trying to grab her with both hands. 

Claire: River’s doing everything that she can to make this effective as possible, using her full weight in the hold while her legs try to restrict the expansion of Havoc’s chest.

Zack: It must be like going for a piggyback ride on Godzilla though. Victoria’s on her feet, and trying to get her hands on River at the same time.

River tried to bob and weave her head as Victoria was trying to get her hands on her. It didn’t work for very long though before Havoc managed to grab her, and pulled her across her shoulders for a fireman’s carry slam. River bounced off the mat as Victoria stumbled back a step, trying to get her bearings. When she did, her face contorted to anger before grabbing River by the neck with both hands. She hoisted her overhead into a Rydeen bomb before making the cover!

Zack: Massive impact from the “Lady Beast” right there, and River may be in La-La Land right now!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOO!!!

TH-NOO!!

River’s shoulder leaves the mat for a second as the referee shows two fingers to the tag champion. Havoc rises back to a vertical base, waving for her opponent to get up. River tries to do just that before she gets lifted off her feet into a bearhug. 

Claire: Honestly I’m surprised there’s not a Wile E. Coyote esque, River shaped crater in the ring after the huge impact a moment again. And now she’s getting her spine crushed by Victoria instead. Best call the chiropractor now.

The referee moved around behind Victoria to see if River wanted to stop the match. She shook her head no to the question, and started to try to push her body away from Victoria’s. That didn’t work though, because the Aussie started shaking her violently. Her blonde hair whipped around like she was in a tornado for a few seconds before Campbell collapsed over her shoulder with her arms hanging at her side.

Zack: The bad part about this for River, as if there were a good part, is that Havoc can hold her for as long as she wants in this. Look at her arms and feet dangling off the mat, and that’s one place that height advantage really comes into play.

Claire: You’re right, lifting something the size of River is barely a warm up for a powerhouse like Havoc. The only possible advantage Campbell has in this situation is...she’s gotta have been in her fair share of mosh pits, right? Thrown her head around like that alot in her spare time?

The referee checked again to see if she wanted to stop, but got the same answer. It was clear that River’s strength was ebbing now as she pushed herself up enough to throw a right into Victoria’s jaw. There wasn’t much strength behind it though, allowing Victoria to absorb it without much effect. She shook her again, whipping River’s body around with her arms and legs akimbo for a couple seconds. When she stopped this time, River slumped to her left like a rag doll. 

Zack: When you’re getting the life squeezed out of you, punches don’t always have much mustard behind them. She’s got to find a way out of this, or risk having the referee stop it if she doesn’t give up herself. You can hear the Boston fans are behind her!

Claire: Desperate times call for desperate measures. She might want to consider going for the throat or the eyes. Or putting those bony, pointy elbows to good use.

Victoria began taunting her now, telling her to quit because she could do this all night if that’s what it took. River began to gather herself again, pushing herself to straighten her back. She looked into Havoc’s face….and BIT INTO HER NOSE! The crowd got behind her loudly as she kept the bite in place until Havoc let go, and the guitarist staggered backwards. Victoria clutched her face in pain as River stumbled into a seat on the middle rope as she tried to recover as quickly as she could.

Claire: That was as good as using her elbows or raking the eyes...but River’s still in a bad way and fighting her way uphill.

Zack: I think she drew blood! I don’t know if she broke her nose, but I can definitely see a little crimson between Havoc’s fingers right now! 

With the fans imploring her, River got her feet under her again. Havoc was still staggering and holding her nose as Campbell returned to the corner. She made her way up to the middle rope, waving Victoria to turn around. When she did, River launched off the second rope with a tornado DDT in mind!

Zack: Another new move River’s picked up! She’s gonna plant her!!

Zack was 100% right about that as River connected with the tornado DDT perfectly. She rolled away from her back to her feet, still moving slowly and trying to will herself to full strength. She saw Havoc trying to get up again before she caught her with a kick to the gut followed River bouncing off the ropes to deliver both knees into her head along with a dropkick! She immediately went for the cover, trying to hook both legs in the process.

Zack: There’s CAMPBELL’S KICK….I was looking for that big lariat! But this may be just as effective!!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Pruitt called for the bell as River rolled off the cover, and laid down on her side on the mat. She took in big breaths of air as her music started to play. The referee leaned down to raise her hand and then let it drop back to the mat with her.

Claire: Absolutely concussive impact from the guitarist but you can see just how much this match has taken out of her. She’s getting her hand raised...but truthfully I think she’s managed to survive this encounter with the Doomsday Sister more than anything.

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall………..RIVER CAMPBELL!!!

Zack: Well done to River Campbell. I don’t think she’s faced too many opponents like Victoria Havoc….because there aren’t many like her. She still got her hand raised though, and will no doubt be looking for some ice or a rubdown after this.

She rolled out of the ring, and leaned against the apron with a tired smile on her face. When she saw Sienna coming towards her, River headed for the ramp.

Zack: I think the tag champs proved they are as deadly together as they are apart. If this match didn’t help River blow off some aggression, nothing will. That was a bruiser of a fight!

Claire: Yes it was and I think she was smart to get the Hell out of Dodge and away from Sienna otherwise this could have turned ugly in a real hurry.

River headed towards the back, stopping just a moment to listen to the fans’ support. It brought a smile to her face as the show headed elsewhere in the Future Shock Arena.

Diamonds Are Forever

Recorded 2 Days after Crossed Out…

The clear blue skies are seen overhead as the video begins. When the camera swings around though, we find the Future Shock Diamond Championship set up shining on a table between both the champion, Cait Flanagan, and her manager, Kyle Kilmeade. Where are we? On the boat, of course. And there we find them both lounging, as we have in the past. As the champion is about to speak, a servant brings them both a drink and then quickly leaves. 

Kyle: There it is. 

Kyle glances over to the Diamond Championship, a wide smile on his face as he has on a pair of board shorts, looking like a swim may be in the future.

Kyle: The Future Shock Diamond Championship. You know the one no one but us gave Cait any chance of winning at Crossed Out a couple days ago in the Garden? 

His redheaded companion slides her sunglasses down to look at him and the championship belt, a smug grin on her lips.

Cait: I would, however, like to congratulate those who were smart enough to bet money on my win. Twenty-five to one odds that I would walk out the champion, can you believe that? So not only did I walk out as the Diamond Champion, I also helped people make a bit of money in the process. And people tell me I’m not a giving soul, would you believe it?

Kyle: Those are just jealous people who want to be given something. I’d also like to request that we rename the match that took place in the Garden. That wasn’t a triple threat match, that was a handicap match. Because you can go back and watch it on All Access. You can count on one hand the number of times Carys and Madyson went at each other, because they both went after Cait the rest of the time. A triple threat means everyone is against each other, that wasn’t the case. 

Cait: But oh Kyle, I must have deserved it because I’m just so wicked!

She clutches her imaginary pearls dramatically, rolling her eyes and settling into her chair with a laugh.

Cait: Carys and Madyson knew that in order for one of them to have a chance of walking out as the champion, I was the one that needed to be eliminated first. And yet they couldn’t, because they still haven’t learned how to handle someone like me. So I’m the champion, and they’re not. It also was an excellent opportunity for me to blow the first hole in Carys’s Global Wars dreams, so that made this win all the sweeter.

Kyle: Carys was possibly the worst possible person to hold that title anyway, and I’m basing that on the fact she never won a match again after she won the tournament. But my personal favorite part of the match was the fact Cait pinned you both. She eliminated each of you herself. So while I know 2021 is gonna see both of you want title matches with her, I’m telling you now that I have zero issue with that. Because if she can beat you both at the same time? Jesus, she probably won’t break a sweat one on one with either of you.

Cait: And then after I’m done with both Madyson and Carys, I would like to move on to other challenges. I’m starting to get bored with these two chirping at me all the time. I’ll happily pin them both in individual matches just so I can release myself from this purgatory. But you see, I did tell you all that I was going into 2021 as the Diamond Champion. Just like I told you all I would win the Future Shock Cup. One of these days, you are all going to have to learn that I mean exactly what I say, instead of dismissing me out of hand because you think I’m inferior.

Kyle: Obviously they should have been looking in a mirror when calling out inferiority. Oh yeah.

He snaps his fingers as apparently he remembers something.

Kyle: I’m just letting both of you know your next shot is your last shot. There’s way more women in Future Shock than just you two who probably want a match with the champion. So I’m just letting you know I’m not authorizing or signing for any more matches with either of you after you get your one on one rematches. None, zero. So you better make it count.

Cait: See, this is why he’s worth every penny I pay him. When I’m finished with the Diamond Championship, the two of you can go back to fighting for it again. I’ll have moved up to bigger and better things by then. But I can assure you - these one on one matches are not ending like the tournament did. They are not ending like the match in Sydney did. I got decisive victories over both of you at Crossed Out, and I’ll do the same again to you individually. Because I have the title, which means I have the power, 

Kyle: Cait’s gonna continue to reign as your Diamond Champion. She’s going to win Global Wars in April, and she’ll then have a Future Shock Championship match in her back pocket for the future. Quite frankly, we’re onto bigger and better things than retreads with Carys and Madyson. And would you look at that? The Gold Standard is running Future Shock as it is, with Cait here as your Diamond Champion and Stacey as the Future Shock Champion. Get used to that.

Cait: Honestly, how long did they think it would last, Kyle? I have big plans for this year, plans that don’t involve relinquishing my Diamond Championship to people who don’t deserve it. You’ve seen the results of my ambition, ladies. And you should know that I am only just getting started. This year is the year of Cait Flanagan, and the rest of you will just have to deal with it.

Sliding her sunglasses back up over her eyes, she leans back and waves a hand, dismissing the cameraman as she takes a sip from her drink.

A Magical Girl

The show cuts to the exterior of the office of Future Shock Director Adam Grant. He’s seen standing outside the door with a certain Magical Girl as well as Alex. And it’s Alex who seems to be doing most of the talking.

Alex: Like I was saying, I see big things for Jamie here. We’re talking posters, mugs, beanies, garden gnomes, sock monkeys, socks, and even deodorant as far as merchandising opportunities here. Imagine Jamie Deodorant, the roll-on that disappears as soon as it goes on!

Adam briefly had a puzzled look on his face, while the blue-haired magician counted all the products with her fingers.

Adam: Don’t most deodorants already do that? 

Alex: Yes, but a lot of potential buyers may not realize that! 

Jamie: I’m really interested in the mugs, though. Like those magic mugs that change color when you pour something hot in them! That would be really nice!

Alex: Or body pillows! Imagine all the people that would snuggle up to Jamie! I mean that Max Sato guy had one for Andi, why not Jamie?!

Jamie: NO!

Jamie immediately turns to Alex waving her hands negatively.

Jamie: Let’s NOT go there! Max Sato was a BAD example! And he was probably doing really nasty things with that Andi Takata body pillow! That’s creepy! No!

Adam: I don’t mean to cut into your whole sales pitch here, but there’s already stuff being prepared for Jamie. I promise. There’s already two posters in the pipeline, as well as a new shirt. So let’s take it in stride. Besides that’s not why I asked you here. I wanted to let you both know about her first match in 2021. 

Alex: Terrific! What title is she challenging for? 

Adam: None. But if she wins the match I have in mind, I’ll put her into contention for one. How’s that? Maybe the Diamond Championship.

Jamie’s eyes widen and sparkle with the news, and she leaps in place and claps in happiness.

Jamie: Yay! That would be super! Thank you so much, Mr. Grant! That’s one heck of a gift to start the year!

;Adam: Next Future Shock, you’ll meet Sydney Christensen. You’ll be competing to get into contention, she’ll be looking to add her first two points to Global Wars for Canada. 

Alex: So we’re battling Canada?! What about the Canadian fans who may want to buy Jamie merch? Won’t they be upset with her facing Sydney? Can’t we have her face someone from...hm….Norway? 

Adam: Norway? We don’t have any Norwegians on the roster.

Jamie: No, no, Sydney is fine. I mean, if Canadians like her the same way Canadians like Dante Knox, I’m sure they won’t be too upset when I shut her out. I’m more concerned about something else entirely. Sydney is quite the… Negative Nancy, isn’t she?

Jamie seems to ponder as she taps one of her cheeks with an index.

Jamie: I thought Canadians were polite and optimistic, but Sydney… Not so much, huh?

Alex: Don’t worry. You got this! I believe in you. Canadians are usually pretty cool, at least all the ones I met. 

Adam: Was there anything else I could help with? 

Alex: Well now that you mention it, I could use some change for the vending machine. You got any quarters? 

Jamie facepalms soundly with one hand, as the other reaches into her own pocket, producing a quarter and offering it to Alex.

Jamie: You could’ve asked me, you don’t have to ask the BOSS…

Alex: He can afford it. 

As Adam starts digging into his pocket, that’s when the show heads elsewhere in the Future Shock Arena. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:26:18 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 03:13:51 pm »

A short clip shows the history of the last two matches between Arabella and Luna, including both of them victories for the Brit, before we head back to the live show with Lexi already in the ring. 

Lexi: The following contest is scheduled for one fall to a finish, and it is for the Future Shock Nova Championship! This match is part of the Global Wars series!

Zack: That package tells you everything you need to know, doesn’t it? Rarely is a champion the one who has to prove something in a match, but that is the case for Luna. Arabella’s pinned her twice. If she does it a third time, we’ll have a new champion!

Claire: Luna finally got what she wanted ever since she burst out of that gift box and attacked the Stone Sisters on her return last year. You’ve got to think that Arabella’s success against her is eating away at Luna - at least on some level - and tonight, with the title on the line, there’s no better time for her to buck the trend.

The sounds of "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol begins to play as purple strobe lights flash on the darkened stage. A woman starts to rise up from under the stage with her back to the crowd before looking over her shoulder with a smile. 

Last night a little dancer, came dancin' to my door
Last night a little angel, came pumping on my floor
She said come on baby, you got a license for love

The fans give her a very warm response as she bounces down the stage to the music, greeting several fans at ringside and even taking selfies with a couple before rolling under the bottom rope. She shucks off her ring jacket as the lights come up.

Lexi: Introducing from London, England....please welcome....ARABELLA TOWNSHEND!!

Arabella gives Lexi a little hip bump as she passes her, and climbs up onto the turnbuckle to rally the fans as her music fades out.

Zack: Arabella’s fought her way back after losing the Nova Championship to Mikayla last year. She’s proven she deserves this chance, especially when she pinned Luna on the show prior to Cortez becoming champion. No question she’s the #1 contender, and seemingly has Luna’s number.

Claire: If she can keep that up tonight then she can become a two time Nova Champion and given that she has had that recent success against the Champion then you’ve got to think she’ll be full of confidence and self belief that she can pull it out of the bag again and score another huge win tonight.

Look out, they're closing in on you now
Wake up, or you’ll wake up six feet down
Nobody's got your back in this town
Knock 'em. In the. Teeth. NOW!

The intro to Set It Off's "Killer in the Mirror" starts on the sound system, and lights start blinking in random colors as Luna Cortez walks onto the entrance ramp. She's soon joined by her manager Christian Kincaid, as he stands right beside her to show her off for the crowd. She stops right before the ramp, taking a spin and stopping in a particular pose, winking for the cameras before turning on her heels and running her hands up her slender body and then bringing them above her head, only to then point to the ring... and then wave off the booing audience. Shaking her head, Luna then starts strutting down the entrance ramp, rolling her eyes at the fans in attendance as she makes her way to the ring.

Lexi: And her opponent, escorted to the ring by Christian Kincaid... From Fort Worth, Texas... She is the reigning and defending Future Shock Nova Champion…..LUNA CORTEZ!

When Luna climbs into the ring, she makes her way to the ropes facing the hard camera, stepping onto the second rope and sitting on the top rope, her back turned to the hard cam and the audience, as she makes a pose similar to the one she did atop the ramp, winking at the cameras before she waves the crowd off once again and hops back down to the ring, making her way to her corner and sharing some last minute strategy with Christian.

Zack: Luna can be a little scattershot with her attention and focus at times, and after two straight falls to Arabella, I’m sure her manager has worked on that with her. You can see her paying rapt attention to what he’s telling her, and I think we’re about to see the most vicious form of Luna Cortez we’ve ever seen.

Claire: Christian managed to focus Scarlett Silver and she’s the current Evolution champion so I’m sure that he can do the same with Luna. You’d also be amazed at what a title can do to help you focus too - especially when there’s a huge threat you might lose it.

Referee Melinda Davis asks for the title from Luna, who is hesitant to hand it to her before she shows it off to the crowd once again. The official asks a second time before Cortez gives it to her, to which she then holds it over her head. Lexi takes it with her as she leaves the ring. The bell sounds after that, and Luna’s face changes to angry as she looks across at the slowly advancing Arabella. She shouts “You’re not taking my title” at the Brit before she charges towards her with a Thez press, and begins hammering right hands against Arabella’s head. But the challenger gets her arms up, deflecting most of the blows before Cortez pulls them apart and drives a headbutt into her face. The Boston crowd shows Luna no love at all as she rolls Arabella onto her stomach, and starts grinding her face against the canvas. 

Zack: Arabella called this one the other day on Twitter, didn’t she? This is a much more aggressive Luna than we’ve ever seen!

Claire: Luna is looking to make short work of her opponent tonight and certainly seems to have developed a laser like focus with her title on the line.

She drags the challenger to her feet, and looks to be going for a DDT before Townshend drives her backwards into the corner. It knocks the wind out of her for a second, and allows Arabella to return fire with blistering right hands of her own to the head. Each shot snaps Luna’s head back before Arabella whips her across to the far side. As soon as she rebounds, Townshend pops her up into the air and catches her on the downfall with a lungblower! It bounces the champion off the mat before she goes for the cover with a tight leg hook.

Zack: Not wasting any time, is she? Arabella’s looking to become a two time Nova Champion!

ONE!!!

TW-NOPE!!

Luna kicked out before the two landed, and shoved Arabella away from her. When the champion tried to get to her feet, Arabella landed a running knee lift to her abdomen that doubled her over for a second. She hoisted her up for a gutbuster that folded Luna up on the mat.

Claire: Arabella’s working over Luna’s core here tonight, trying to weaken her in the early going to set herself up to become a two time Nova Champion!

The Boston crowd was decidedly behind the challenger, which brought a smile to her face as she pulled Luna back to her feet and shoved her into the nearest corner. She delivered a knife edge chop that made Luna’s mouth fall open in shock for a moment. A second one landed, causing the champion’s chest to start to turn red. She tried to get out of the corner when Townshend caught her with a big boot to the jaw that toppled her through the ropes and off the apron to ringside. As Davis started her count, Arabella shook her head and went out to get her opponent.

Zack: We talked earlier about how it wasn’t always wise to go out after an opponent on the outside, but in this case, Arabella can’t regain the title with Luna on the floor.

Claire: That’s part of the advantage of being a Champion...and I don’t think Luna would care one jot if she gets counted out so long as she gets to walk away with the title in her grip.

Christian backed away from his client as Arabella approached. She pulled the champion to her feet, and drove her back first against the apron. Another chop landed across Luna’s chest before Townshend backed up to deliver a bicycle knee! Luna nearly collapsed into the post, but it was the only thing holding her up at this point. With the fans even louder behind her now, Arabella lined up and went for a spinning roundhouse kick aimed for Cortez’ head. But the champion ducked, and Townshend’s ankle cracked against the steel instead. She collapsed to the floor, her face frozen in pain as she clutched her left ankle. 

Claire: I don’t know if Luna dodged that intentionally or if she just could stay on her feet...but the ring post didn’t give a damn and that’s going to slow the challenger down a lot right here.

Zack: I think she’d have knocked Luna out if she had connected, but that wasn’t meant to be. And Arabella’s ankle is dire straits now.

Luna leaned against the barricade, at first unaware of what happened since she had her back to the ring. But when she turned around and saw Arabella, a grin started to form on her face before Christian encouraged her to get back in the ring. Luna did just that, prompting the referee to tell her to keep it in the ring. Luna told her to count her out as she went to a neutral corner. And that’s what the referee began to do.

Zack: Just like you said, Claire, Luna doesn’t care how she retains the Nova Championship. She’ll take a countout here, won’t bother her a bit. 

Claire: Even if Arabella does make it back into the ring, Luna’s still got a massive advantage - we’ve got no clue if she can even put weight on her ankle at the moment.

Arabella was still on her side near the apron, holding her ankle in pain. She reached for the apron to help her get to her feet, and had made it at the count of seven before a baseball slide from Luna sent her backwards into the barricade. The champion rolled out after her, and began to stomp away at her ankle. Cortez headed for the steel ring steps next, and started pulling them away from the corner. She dragged Arabella’s leg towards them to lodge her ankle and foot between the steps and the ring before delivering a standing dropkick to the steps, crunching the challenger’s ankle in the process. Arabella shouted in pain, and Davis leaned through the ropes demanding the match get back in the ring. Luna obliged her by kicking the steps one time before freeing Arabella and tossing her in under the bottom rope. And the champion slid in after her with a grin.

Claire: This is sickening!! Luna might have just broken Arabella’s ankle with the use of the ring steps!! This could be over right now!!

Zack: Luna started this match angry and defiant that she wasn’t leaving the Nova Championship behind after just recently regaining it. Now she looks like it’s Christmas morning.

Cortez pressed her leg to the mat, and started raining knee drops into Arabella’s left ankle. One after another landed before Luna rolled her over, and then began hammering her knee into the canvas. She drove it like a hammer would a nail before finally letting Arabella collapse back to the mat. Her manager encouraged her to go for a submission, which Luna did as she pulled Arabella’s leg behind her head into a stretch muffler. The pain on the challenger’s face was unmistakable as she hung upside down, while the referee offered to stop the match.

Claire: Arabella’s getting tortured here! Luna keeps this up and the official might be left with no choice but to stop the match - regardless of what Townshend thinks.

Zack: Luna really lucked into this offense, because before that missed roundhouse, she was getting her clock cleaned by Arabella. We were closing in on a new champion, and boy has the tide turned!

Arabella shook her head no about stopping the match, and that only served to spur Luna further as she bounced up and down on her feet. The challenger’s face continued to show anguish as she realized where she was, and began to stretch her hand out for the ropes. Thanks to her height, she was able to just barely get her fingers across the middle rope and then grab onto it before the referee called for the break. Luna let her fall back to the mat before setting her leg across the bottom rope. She hopped up onto the middle to come down on top of it, but Arabella used her other foot to boost her the rest of the way. Cortez went over the top rope and hit the floor again to the delight of the crowd. Meanwhile, Arabella was holding the rope to try to get on her feet. 

Zack: Luna went over the top rope again, thanks to Arabella’s legs. I’m not sure how long this will give Arabella though. She’s trying to see what kind of weight that ankle will take. 

Claire: I’m sure Arabella will take every second out of this that she can get to test out that ankle and try to get the blood flowing; the adrenaline running - whatever she has to do to get through this match and stay in with a chance of winning the title.

Townshend leaned against the ropes, trying to test out her ankle as Luna was already sliding back under the bottom rope into the ring. The triplet went for a discus punch to take her down, but the Brit ducked under it. She scooped Luna around the waist from behind, and lifted her up for an atomic drop. But her ankle gave out, and she ended up dropping her across the top rope. Luna straddled it in pain as Arabella stumbled towards the corner. 

Claire: That’s a happy accident for Arabella but it also shows just how little she’s going to be able to do with the damage done to her ankle right now.

Zack: That will definitely slow Luna down for a bit longer than the last move she did. That’s about as close to a low blow as it gets without a disqualification.

Luna teetered on the top rope in pain before she finally fell into the ring, holding her lower abdomen in pain. Arabella was leaned against the corner at this point, using it to hold her up now as she tried to take a step out. But immediately she went back into the corner in pain, and leaned down to rub her ankle. 

Claire: Look at her Zack, she can barely take a step out of the corner. The challenger is really going to have to dig down deep in order to beat the Champion tonight.

Zack: Is Lady Luck riding on the shoulder of Arabella Townshend? We’ll answer that question before we leave the air! And Luna’s already starting to get up again!

Luna was indeed now back to her feet, and took off towards Arabella after she got her bearings. But Cortez ran into her outstretched leg, catching the champion on the chin as she came towards her. It wobbled her as Arabello hopped up to sit on the top turnbuckle before vaulting off with a blockbuster! The fans came to their feet as she clinched the outside leg for a cover!

Zack: Maybe Lady Luck is on her shoulder! Look at that! We may have a new champion in three!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOO!!!

THR-NOOO!!

Cortez kicked out in time before the three, and Arabella rolled away from her to crawl towards the ropes. She needed them to help her get back to her feet as Luna started to sit up and pull herself together.

Claire: Half a count away!! But Luna survives for now! What else can Arabella pull out of the bag tonight?! What can she find to put away the Cortez triplet?

The Boston fans were getting louder as they chanted for the challenger. Arabella hung over the top rope for a moment, keeping one leg bent underneath her rather than put pressure on it. Luna was back to her feet as her manager encouraged her to stay on top of the challenger. And when the champion went towards her, she walked into a superkick from Townshend that floored her where she stood. Luna fell like an oak tree to the mat as Arabella toppled to her side. She clutched the ankle again, since she had used the bad one to hit the move.

Zack: TIMBEEEEEEER!! Luna is out cold, and I think we’ll have a new Nova Champion if Arabella can get to her in time! Cover that woman!

Claire: She did more damage to that ankle though, Zack and that excruciating agony...that’s giving Luna a slim chance to regain her bearings.

The challenger clawed her way towards Luna as quickly as she could, which wasn’t all that quick. She finally made it before draping an arm over her chest, and the referee dropped into position to count the fall.

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-NO!!

Luna popped her arm off the mat for a half second, and then it fell back to the canvas. The pain on the challenger’s face changed to grit and determination now though. Her teeth gritted, and she started to push up to her feet. She was unsteady at first, but managed to get a shaky upright position as she kept the left leg bent.

Zack: She’s up on her feet….barely! Arabella’s putting as little weight as possible on her ankle, and that face tells me she’s found that second gear!

Arabella waved her arm over her head, giving the sign for her spinning powerbomb before she leaned down to pull Luna up into position. She got her head between her legs, still only standing with one foot pressed to the mat. 

Zack: Don’t try it, Arabella! No way this works!

Claire: I agree Zack! She couldn’t lift her for an atomic drop earlier and she’s only done more damage to her ankle since then. Arabella might be better served with something like a sleeper hold right about now. Hell, Luna’s already halfway to la la land!

Arabella grabbed her around the waist, and went to hoist her up. But Luna clasped her hands behind Arabella’s right leg. Townshend tried to lift her up to no avail, thanks to a bad ankle and the fact Luna grabbed her other leg with both hands. 

Zack: I gotta hand it to Luna. That’s a brilliant counter to avoid the powerbomb! 

Claire: At this point Luna has it well scouted and first hand experience of just how devastating it can be.

Arabella realized Luna had her leg, and started raining axe handle blows across her back until Luna finally broke her grip. She grabbed her around the waist again, and tried to lift her up for the powerbomb a second time. The fans were even louder now showing their support as she barely got her off the mat before her ankle gave out. She dropped Luna to her knees and staggered her backwards, clutching at her left ankle. 

Zack: She couldn’t do it! It was a game effort, Arabella, but adrenaline can only do so much! 

Claire: It was just too much weight; too much stress to place on that heavily damaged ankle.Arabella was just asking a little bit too much right there!

Arabella turned towards the ropes, leaning down to rub her ankle again. Luna lunged forward, grabbing her arms behind her and spinning around to deliver her double chickenwing facebuster! Arabella’s face and body bounced off the mat before Luna rolled her over with a hook of both legs!

Zack: That’s what won her the title, the LUNA ECLIPSE!!!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Davis called for the bell as Luna slumped forward after sitting up, taking in big breaths as her music started playing again. The official raised her hand where she sat before Christian took the Nova Championship and joined his client in the ring.

Claire: You’ve got to hand it to Luna tonight. Every opportunity that presented itself to her, she made the most of them and managed to strike at the best time possible to put her challenger away and leave with the title still in her hands.

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall….and adding two points for the USA in Global Wars….AND STILL Future Shock Nova Champion…...LUNA CORTEZ!!!

Christian helped Luna get back to her feet, and presented her with her championship. The smile reformed on her face before he showed her the updated Global Wars scoreboard. The smile got even wider then.

Zack: Luna Cortez has retained her Nova Championship, and can still say no one’s ever pinned her for it! Now with 2 more points for the USA, she’s tied with our Diamond Champion Cait Flanagan for the lead in the Global Wars series!

Claire: Luna continues to keep pace with the early pace setter but we should give an awful lot of credit and a lot of plaudits to Arabella Townshend. She’s shown a lot of heart tonight and a cast iron will and determination to fight through every setback...it was just a little too much with her ankle the way it was.

Christian helped her out of the ring as the two started towards the back. Luna stopped halfway up the ramp to raise her title in the air to more boos from the Boston crowd. At least she did till the arena blacked out, and a strobing light began to pulse. 

Zack: Uh oh….this looks familiar!

The lights finally stopped strobing, leaving the arena pitch black before the electricity was restored. And standing across the ring from her was Destiny Campbell. The brunette watched her, tilting her head to the side as Arabella didn’t take her eyes off her as she struggled to get to her feet with the help of the ropes. 

Claire: This isn’t great news for Arabella. Anyone who has seen Destiny in action knows that she has a mean and sadistic streak that almost rivals Raven Knight’s! But is a whole lot more unpredictable.

Arabella limped forward, telling Destiny she was ready for her if she wanted to fight again. Campbell shook her head at the invitation, cautiously stepping forward and offered her a sympathetic look. The Brit hopped in place with a confused look on her face before Destiny pointed to the corner with a tea set she had apparently brought.

Zack: What is it with the tea party? Either way, I wouldn’t drink that stuff on a bet if I were Arabella!

Claire: You are absolutely spot on there Zack. I wouldn’t eat or drink anything put in front of me by Destiny Campbell. That’s just asking for trouble.

Destiny picked up two of the cups, and offered one of them to Arabella. The Brit still looked confused as she watched the woman. Meanwhile a pair of hands began  to start emerging from under the ring. It looked like they were pulling themselves out of a hole as Nyx emerged, and climbed into the ring behind Townshend.

Claire: I’d tell Arabella to turn around before Nyx can strike...but I don’t like the idea of turning my back on Destiny any more than I do having Nyx behind me.

Zack: This is one of the most bizarre scenes I’ve seen in Future Shock. I don’t know if Arabella knows Nyx is behind her or--LOOK OUT!!

Nyx grabbed Townshend by the hair, and dropped her with a reverse DDT from behind. The Living Doll then sat on her knees, and placed Arabella’s head in her lap as she began stroking her fingers through her hair. Destiny came forward, offering Nyx a tea cup which she upturned in Arabella’s open mouth...but there was nothing in it. 

Zack: It’s like Nyx, who considers herself a doll...is treating Arabella like she’s her doll. Look at her stroking her hair...and giving her imaginary tea. This is…

Claire: Weird? Bizarre? Freaky? Unsettling? Or just another day in the world of The Dollhouse?

Nyx patted Arabella’s cheek before taking a sip from the empty tea cup along with Destiny as Future Shock faded off the air. 

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:29:09 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: