Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 05:46:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 89

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 89  (Read 101 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: January 17, 2021, 06:18:42 pm »

The instrumental version of “Boom” by the X Ambassadors starts to play as we open on Jake and Gia arriving at an empty studio. Only the video wall behind them is there as they look around and at each other confused. Suddenly the video goes into fast forward as suddenly production staff immediately start moving in the furniture. The pair watch as the staff moves at a pretty quick pace (thanks to fast forward) and gets everything set up: chairs and table too. The two hosts look pleased with that before they sit down. One staffer places Gia’s crown on her head, bringing a smile to her face before the After Shock logo appears on the video screen before the camera zooms in on it. A bolt of electricity appears and then we cut back to the actual show with both Jake & Princess Gia greeting the viewers.

Jake: Hello, and welcome to the latest edition of After Shock. This is the show where myself and Princess Gia get you prepped for what you can expect upcoming on Future Shock. I’m Jake Chandler, for those of you who are new to the show. And this, of course, is her highness!

Gia: Princess Gia Lynne, at your service! The first Future Shock of 2021 is officially in the books, and now we’re on to the next one. Last week, we saw the long-awaited debut of Alejandra Garcia, who took on one of the toughest women on the roster, Raven Knight - and was subsequently rescued from Raven’s fireball by Laurie Strode. Do you think by doing that, Laurie has renewed hostilities with Raven?

Jake: I’m not sure they stopped to have to renew them, to be honest. The weird part of this is that both halves of the Experience want to get at Raven, but there’s only one of her. But as we’ll discuss, that’s becoming a little bit of a theme on this show. Look at River Campbell, who got a win over Victoria Havoc...and barely avoided Sienna after she took a shark bite from Havoc’s nose to help her.

Gia: I also think that was the first time I’ve seen someone bite another person in a wrestling ring. We also witnessed Destiny and Nyx, known as the Dollhouse, coming in to… tend to Arabella Townshend, maybe? Following her loss to Luna Cortez, it appeared that Nyx wanted to console the battered and bruised Arabella with a tea party.
Jake: Not growing up as a little girl, I may be ignorant to how a tea party is supposed to go. But I don’t think they ever end with you knocking the guest out and trying to give her some invisible tea to drink. Not that I’d drink anything either of the Dollhouse wanted to give me. That seems like a very bad idea waiting to happen.

Gia: It absolutely does. The invisible tea is normal for a pretend tea party, but the rest of it? There was nothing normal happening there. This also isn’t Arabella’s first run-in with the Dollhouse - they got involved after Arabella and Katie Hanley’s match against the Laurie Jane Experience. So I’m wondering what Nyx and Destiny want with Arabella, even though I’m a bit worried about what the answer might be.

Jake: Adam did say on Twitter that all Arabella has to do is find herself a partner, and he would make that tag match against the Dollhouse at Global Wars. Seems like this match really needs to happen. At the moment, Katie is nursing a minor injury so I’m not sure if she’ll be ready to go by then. I certainly wouldn’t want to go into that as a handicap match.

Gia: Absolutely not. Hopefully either Katie’s injury issues resolve soon, or someone else on the roster is willing to fight alongside her against the crazy that is the Dollhouse. We also heard from our newly crowned champions - Future Shock Champion Stacey Sky, and Diamond Champion Cait Flanagan, both of whom are managed by Kyle Kilmeade.

Jake: Yeah, the Gold Standard is really on top form right now. Speaking of Cait, she’s now tied for the lead in Global Wars with the Nova Champion Luna Cortez. She was able to improve her record against Arabella to 1-2 in their trio of meetings, and bailed out as soon as the Dollhouse showed up. That’s one time I don’t blame Luna for what she did.

Gia: Me either - I’d certainly turn tail and run if the Dollhouse was coming anywhere near me. Anything else we should cover from the last show before we get into what’s up next?

Jake: I think that brings us up to speed. The next edition of Future Shock comes your way on January 26th in Boston. And the Global Wars series is gonna kick into high gear now because every match on this card is a chance to build points, Gia. I expect a lot of these types of matches as we move closer to the April 6th show.

Jake: The main event was announced on the last show when two teams who have never teamed up before will do so here. The Gold Standard’s two champions, Cait Flanagan and Stacey Sky, will meet River Campbell and Mara Werth. Cait has the chance to get back in the lead again for Northern Ireland here. And from what I’ve been told, the points would be added no matter if she or Stacey got the win. If the Gold Standard wins, two points for Northern Ireland.

Gia: Seems pretty convenient for Cait then. But anyone familiar with the Gold Standard and their manager knows that they’ll do anything and everything it takes to win - and they won’t have any shame about it, either. Mara and River are going to have a lot to contend with here, but Mara probably still has an axe to grind with Stacey, and River could have a chance here to make a case for a Diamond Championship shot down the line.

Jake: This will also mark the first chance that Gemma Pierce will have an opportunity to get England on the board. We haven’t seen the “World Piercer” since Mara retained the Future Shock Championship against her late last year. On the 26th, she’ll deal with a woman who wanted to be included in Global Wars...and has been in a bad mood about being left out. Though Jacqui being in a bad mood, that’s kinda par for the course, isn’t it?

Gia: Honestly Jake, at this point, if Jacqui’s in a good mood I’m going to wonder who she beat up backstage. Though if there’s one thing we know about the “World Piercer”, it’s that she doesn’t have much time for Jacqui’s whining. I can imagine Gemma is eager to put up some points on the board for England, and having the chance to hit Jacqui in the face is just an added bonus.

Jake: I’m a little curious to hear who the fans will support in that one. Neither of them are what you’d call beloved at all, but I think the fans probably respect Gemma a little more than Jacqui. I mean Jacqui will take every shortcut she can and as you said, attack someone anywhere. Gemma’s a bit more honorable in that she does it all in the ring.

Gia: Exactly. Also, Gemma hasn’t beaten up people like River Campbell or Jamie Winters, both of whom are very popular with the fans. So I agree with you - Gemma may not be particularly likable, but she’s a straight shooter.

Jake: Speaking of Jamie, she’s also on the show. She’ll be trying to prevent Sydney Christensen from getting Canada on the board in her first Global Wars series match. I kinda feel bad for Jamie, she seems to have pretty rough luck in that she finds herself facing some of the most violent and dangerous people on this roster. From women like Jacqui to Leighana to now Sydney… yeesh!

Gia: Has Jamie considered putting one of her opponents in those magic cabinets so that they disappear? No matter what though, you have to root for Jamie. She’s come back from injury and she’s getting put into what some people might consider impossible situations, but it’s a real testament to Jamie’s character that she always goes out there and does her best, no matter who she’s facing.

Jake: It’s not been an ideal situation for her, but then again, there are no gimme matches in Future Shock. Everyone wants to climb over the next person to get to the next rung on the ladder. Sydney’s still wanting that Nova title, and I’m sure someone like Jamie would love to face Cait potentially for the Diamond Championship. With that said, let’s update everyone on the Future Shock Global Wars card that we know already.

Future Shock Global Wars
April 6th only on FFW All Access

Arabella Townshend & Partner TBD vs. The Dollhouse

Luna Cortez © vs. Mikayla Stone
For the Future Shock Nova Championship

Cait Flanagan vs. Carys McFarlane vs. Luna Cortez vs. Gemma Pierce vs. Alessandra Esposito vs. Sydney Christensen
Global Wars Battle Royal - 5 Points to the Winner

Jake: There’s still a ways to go before we get to April 6th, but what do you make so far of the card, Gia? Luna, at this point at least, is going to be a busy busy girl that night.

Gia: I’m sure she’ll be the first to say that it’s all in a night’s work for Miss Future Shock America. I think this is shaping up to be a very interesting card, and I can’t wait to see what the point totals look like heading into that battle royal. And of course, Mikayla has a chance to follow in Luna’s footsteps and become a two-time Nova Champion, so I’m looking forward to that match as well.

Jake: Right now, the only two women with points in Global Wars are the two champions involved in it, Luna and Cait. That won’t be the case after the next episode though. I also hope that either Katie is cleared by then or Arabella has someone in mind to help her against Destiny Campbell and Nyx. Maybe someone who isn’t big on tea.

Gia: I hope so too. But Arabella is well liked by most of the roster, so I’m sure that even if Katie can’t help her, someone else will be willing to step up and be her partner for the night.

Jake: Before we wrap up here and by popular demand, we now have Princess Gia merchandise on the site.

He glances over at his co-host.

Jake: I think there’s a lot of people out there that might like to wake up and see you first thing in the morning, so we’ve released the very first Gia poster. Wanna take a look?

Gia claps her hands together in excitement.

Gia: Of course! I can’t wait to see it!

Jake: This was from our cruise ship show we did last summer, where we happen to have won the Future Shock Volleyball Championship...just saying. This is available right now on our site.

Gia: It looks great! I’m going to have to make sure to get one for myself! I never thought that I would be on a poster but I guess since I’ve technically won a  match in Future Shock now in addition to co-hosting After Shock, I’ve gotten to be a familiar sight to the fans.

Jake: No kidding. A lot of good places to put that poster at home, fans. So head over and get one. We’ll give Gia hand cramps since the first 500 sold will have her autograph on them. How’s that for a bonus? I got you some Sharpies.

Gia: Works for me! I’m just happy that there was enough demand for my face that I got my own merch!

Jake: The money doesn’t hurt either! That’s gonna wrap it up this week. We’ll see you right back here on the next edition of After Shock, and most importantly, January 26th on the next Future Shock.

Jake turns around to get a better look at the new poster of his co-host before After Shock fades to black.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 10:34:56 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: