Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 06:38:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

FFW Future Shock - Episode 89

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFW Future Shock - Episode 89  (Read 179 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: January 26, 2021, 03:58:49 pm »

Live from the Future Shock Arena in Boston, Massachusetts
January 26, 2021

The FFW logo is shown in graffiti on a brick wall before the camera wheels around to see Nadia and Alessandra of Target Acquired standing outside an old gym somewhere in Boston. They give each other a look as “Boom” by the X Ambassadors starts to play. When they start to head inside, we begin to see some of the stars of Future Shock in clips.

My feet go boom boom boom
Boom boom boom, boom boom boom
My heart beats boom boom boom
Boom boom boom, boom boom boom

The clips begin with the Doomsday Sisters thrusting the Future Shock Tag Titles over their heads in South Korea, followed by Angelina Fantastica launching herself over the top rope. Luna and Anna Cortez pop out of a gift box next, and that’s followed by Cait Flanagan lounging on a boat in a red bikini. Then we cut back to Nadia and Alessandra as they step inside the dusty gym, and start getting the equipment inside working.

I said, hey, uh huh, you can't stop me
'Cause my pain, uh huh, is gasoline (ooh)
I can't wait, no, for nobody
If you break my heart, it's 1, 2, 3
Boom boom boom

With the gym now somewhat ready for use, they see a ring standing in the center of it. They head towards it before we cut to another set of clips. They include: Stacey Sky looking up to the Future Shock Championship in her hand, Katie Hanley delivering her running boot to someone in the corner, Sydney Christensen twirling her Louisville Slugger with Dante standing behind her, Lauirie talking to the camera while ignoring Jane entirely, and finally Leighana admiring her handiwork after leaving an opponent laying. The shot changes back to Target Acquired in a dusty ring before they close their eyes. The shot changes to black before we open live inside the Future Shock Arena to a roaring crowd. The camera spins around to show the fans as well as Lexi stepping through the ropes.

That's what I'm gonna do
I got a new tattoo, don't know what to tell you
Got nothing left to prove to you

With the crowd waving their signs and making a tremendous amount of noise, we cut down to the booth to find Zack Hudson and Claire Black.

Zack: Welcome back to the cradle of liberty here in Boston, Massachusetts! You’re watching the 89th edition of Future Shock. And we’re starting off hot tonight. For those of you who watched Breaking Point, you heard the news. The Ultraviolence Championship of FFW is now retired, and Future Shock is going to inherit a hardcore division of its own as a result! 

Claire: Charlotte Harker is in the building tonight and we’re waiting eagerly to here from Adam Grant regarding the announcement from Breaking Point and exactly what his plans are for Future Shock’s newest division. I’m sure there are already a couple of women who are licking their lips at the prospect of a hardcore division and are lining up to put their names in the frame.

Zack: Not only that, but every match on tonight’s show has Global Wars implications. Three countries will have the chance to either bolster their points or get on the board. The main event will see Mara Werth teaming up with River Campbell for the first time against the two champions of the Gold Standard: Cait Flanagan and Stacey Sky. This will also mark their first teaming as well. And I have been informed that if the Gold Standards wins no matter who gets the fall or submission, Northern Ireland will go up by 2 points.

Claire: I know you said this was the first time these two pairs are teaming up...but you’ve got to give an advantage to the Gold Standard don’t you? We’ve seen multiple times in the past across different companies just how well all members of the Gold Standard can work together, such is the strength of their bond, their shared philosophy and the preparation they get from Kyle. Valerie and Lacey won the tag titles here in Future Shock just their second time out as a team against No holding Back.

Zack: After coming up short several weeks ago in her bid to become Future Shock Champion, the “World Piercer” is in action tonight. She could put two points up for England, but she has to meet and defeat a woman who is, quite frankly, pissed off she wasn’t included in Global Wars. It’ll be Gemma Pierce and Jacqui Minogue in what should be one hard hitting fight. 

Claire: We’ve seen Jacqui run riot backstage in the build up to South Korea and obviously we all witnessed that TLC match between her cousins and the Raging Dragons for the Tag Titles. Minogue is every bit as tough and has every bit the devastating power Havoc and Danger do. Gemma is going to have to show that same determination and power of will that she did when she was hunting down the Aspire Championship and the Future Shock Championship to get her Global Wars campaign off to a fast start tonight.

Zack: Also on the show tonight, a “Magical Girl” by the name of Jamie Winters has a hard night ahead of her when she meets a woman I nicknamed some time ago as Syd Vicious. Canada may get 2 points on the board when Sydney faces off with Jamie one on one, and you know Dante will not be far behind.

Claire: Jamie will certainly need everything that she has up her sleeve to pull off the victory tonight. Sydney is vicious, violent and cold blooded as a snake. And not only is there Dante to worry about, you know that Winnipeg Slugger won’t be too far out of her reach either. You think Jamie could make Dante disappear….and never come back?

Zack If life were only that fair, Claire. I hope our broadcast team has hazard pay, because I’ve been informed that our own intrepid reporter, Sara Wilkins, is going to try to get a few words with the Dollhouse tonight. I don’t envy her that job at all. You saw how our last show ended, Claire. Sara is a brave woman.

Claire: Hopefully Adam is sending a bodyguard with her to make sure they don’t try to add an interviewer to their playset. I’m sure she’s sensible enough not to accept anything to eat or drink from those two kooks and we might just get to the bottom of why they’ve chosen to target Arabella.

Zack: I’m not sure where you’d start to even look for them unless she’s going to do the first interview underneath the ring. Destiny and Nyx have been fixated on Arabella being a guest of their tea party...or trying to make her a doll too. I’m not sure what Sara expects to unearth, but this may be one of the most revealing discussions she’s ever had on the job.

Claire: Or one of the most garbled and cryptic. Either way, I’m sure it’ll be a memorable moment for her and if she ever chooses to write a book about her time in wrestling, this could form a whole chapter or three for her.

Zack: It’s gonna be a wild ride, no doubt about it, tonight on Future Shock. So let’s send it up to the ring, and let Lexi get the introductions started for our opening match.

The camera shot switches from the broadcast team to the ring, where Lexi awaits in a short red dress with a smile on her face before she begins the introductions.

Lexi: The opening contest of Future Shock is scheduled for one fall to a finish.

The sitars and the electronic beat of t+pazolite’s “Magic Raffles” blare through the sound system as the stage is covered in dry ice fog. From the back, in a soft sprint, comes the “Magical Girl” Jamie Winters holding on to her magician’s hat, greeting the crowd with a big smile. She spins on her heels and strikes a pose as playing cards starts raining from the stage and the lights blink in white and baby blue. She then starts skipping down the entrance ramp to the beat of her song, sharing high-fives with the people who have their hands extended out to her, and stopping to give rabbit stickers to the children in the audience, that she “generates” using her magic tricks.

Lexi: Introducing first… From Lowell, Massachusetts… JAMIE WINTERS!!!

Finally, she reaches the ring, hopping onto the ring apron and then hovering in though the second rope. She quickly hops onto the bottom rope and leans on the top rope, flashing her playing cards with her rabbit stickers on them, before throwing those cards into the crowd and finally hopping down to the ring.

Zack: Jamie’s gonna have one of the toughest matches of her very young career here. Come to think of it, she’s had to go through quite a few bruisers since arriving, hasn’t she? I mean there was Jacqui, then Leighana, and now Sydney.

Claire: It has certainly been a rough introduction to the world of pro-wrestling for the Magical Girl but she’s risen up and met each challenger head on, showed no fear whatsoever and should be commended for that.

The sound of a guitar strumming subtly begins to echo in the arena, leaving those in attendance wondering what is going on. The angelic voice of one Lzzy Hale of the band Halestorm is heard next, her voice serenely starting the opening verse of “I Am The Fire.”

Am I brave enough?
Am I strong enough?
To follow the desire
That burns from within
To push away my fear
To stand where I'm afraid
I am through with this
'Cause I am more than this
I promise to myself
Alone and no one else
My flame is rising higher.

As the song picks up the tempo, her voice becomes more intense, kicking into the chorus.

I am the fire
I am burning brighter
Roaring like a storm

Midway through the chorus, the curtains part and out walks the pride of Calgary herself, Sydney Christensen.  She steps out to the middle of the stage and juts her arms out on either side of her, tossing her head back as the fans show their appreciation. She picks her head up and slowly brings her arms in front of her, her index fingers pointing down to the ring. Dropping her arms to her side, she begins her march towards the ring, nodding at a few fans along the way. Once she reaches the ring, she hops up onto the apron and steps through the bottom and middle ropes. Almost immediately, Sydney walks over to the ropes and raises her arms above her head, encouraging the fans as they cheer on the proud Canadian. Sydney then walks over to one corner of the ring and rests her back against the turnbuckle, awaiting her opponent as her music fades out on one poignant line of the chorus.

And I am the one I've been waiting for
Screaming like a siren
Alive and burning brighter
I am the fire!

Lexi: Introducing from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, this is…...SYDNEY CHRISTENSEN!!

Zack: This will mark the first time that Canada’s gotten a chance to get on the scoreboard tonight. That’s gotta be Sydney’s goal, which makes Jamie a first strike target, to say the least.

Claire: Global Wars is a marathon not a sprint but that doesn’t mean you want to allow your competition to pull out too much of a lead early on. For Canada’s sake Sydney will be looking to get on the board early and stay within touching distance of the front runners. How closely do you think River is watching this match given she’s competing in the main event later?

Referee Ashley Pruitt checks both of the women in the match for foreign objects, and then calls for the bell to start the match. Jamie already has a bright smile on her face as she bounces up and down on the balls of her feet. Sydney merely stares at her before advancing towards her, causing the rookie to start moving herself. As soon as they get close, Jamie offers Sydney a handshake. The blonde looks down at it...and shakes it. This surprises Jamie more than a little, but it didn’t last long before Sydney started her offense with a headbutt into Jamie’s face. The Canadian blonde pulled her head down, and started driving knees into it repeatedly before sending her shoulder first into the corner. Winters hit the middle turnbuckle before Sydney pulled her head under the bottom rope, only to rain forearms across her chest till the referee got to a four count.

Claire: Jamie was a little surprised Sydney accepted her handshake but the good sportsmanship certainly didn’t last long did it, Zack?

Zack: She wasn’t the only one who was surprised by the handshake. But that was clearly only done to take her off her guard. 

The rookie ducked back into the ring as she pressed one hand to her chest, and Sydney followed up with a running kneelift into her face. It sent her backwards a couple steps before Sydney shoved her into the same corner as earlier. She pushed her head back with one hand, and brought down an open hand chop to her chest with the other. The smack was heard all through the arena before Sydney raised that hand, and did it a second time. That dropped Jamie to a knee, once more holding her chest in pain.

Zack: Two of those chops have lit up what we can see of Jamie’s chest, and Sydney’s aiming them right over her heart too. When you see you’re facing Sydney, you know it’s going to be a long night at the office. 

Claire: You certainly do. For as technically proficient a wrestler as Sydney is, she also knows how to throw and land her strikes to maximum effect. And a couple of heavy blows to the body like that...they can really take the stuffing and the air right out of you.

The Boston fans had no love for Sydney at all, watching as Jamie sat up on her knee long enough for Sydney to connect with a running knee into her chest. It sent her backwards to a seat in the corner before Christensen stepped up onto her neck to choke her. She stopped on another four count, and grabbed her by the hand to pull her to her feet. As soon as she did, another short knee doubled the rookie over and was followed by a gutwrench suplex to the canvas. The show went to split screen for a few seconds at this point, and there we see a wall of security at the gorilla position as River Campbell is seen trying to get through them. 

Claire: Jamie’s certainly having a rough opening to the night. Sydney’s dominated from the opening bell but her and Dante might wanna think about sending those security guards a gift for holding River back. 

Zack: River’s been trying to get a match with Sydney even before the holidays when she was suffering bruised ribs. I know she’s angry, but I think I’d be conferencing with my tag partner for tonight right now.

Sydney doesn’t pay any attention to the video wall showing what’s going on behind the curtain. Instead she pulls Jamie back to her feet, and whips her with velocity into the far corner. Jamie crashes chest first and slumps against it for a second before Sydney measures her. The Canadian takes off towards her with an avalanche splash...only for Jamie to sidestep her out of the way. Sydney hits the corner, and gets the wind knocked out of her before Jamie returns fire with a reverse rana that drops Sydney on her head. Winters rubs her chest, still very red at this point, and gathers herself as the Boston crowd was trying to encourage her further.

Zack: A bit of a tactical error there from Sydney, maybe took too long to measure Jamie. But it’s given our resident magician an opening, and she needs to capitalize on it. 

Claire: You can see the effect Sydney’s offence has had on Jamie; she’s needing these few seconds to pull herself together. But you’re right, this is a golden opportunity for her to get a foot in the door and start to dictate the pace of this match.

Sydney wasn’t down for very long, and Jamie was then quick to meet her with a flurry of kicks into her chest. Six lightning fast kicks to Sydney’s chest landed, each one backing her up another step until she was against the ropes. Winters followed up with a back heel kick to the jaw that snapped Sydney’s head back before the Magical Girl took off for the adjacent side’s ropes. She bounced back quickly, and left her feet for an orbiting DDT that saw her spin around three times before she planted Sydney’s head into the mat again. Jamie immediately went for the cover as Pruitt slid into position.

Zack: From a figurative foot in the door, Claire, to a foot in Sydney’s face! Look at the speed and all those revolutions!

ONE!!

TWOOOO!!

Sydney kicked out at two, and Jamie got back to her feet. She looked a little irritated herself now as she saw Sydney beginning to get up to all fours, and put an end to that with an axe kick to the back of her head.

Claire: Jamie’s offence is beginning to flow together well here and Sydney is in trouble right now!

The Boston crowd was really behind Jamie now as she took off for the far side. Sydney began to rise back to her feet, but only long enough for Jamie to rebound with a bicycle kick to the face that sent the blonde tumbling into the ropes. Sydney fell backwards into them, and got her arms hung before Jamie unloaded with blazing right hands to her head. The fans ate it up, while the referee was trying to get the Canadian free. Winters backed up one step, letting the referee free her arms before Jamie executed a codebreaker as she lurched forward that bounced her through the ropes to the floor.

Claire: All the momentum is with Jamie right now and if I were her, I’d go bring Sydney back into the ring and not give her any time at all to recover. You’ve got to stay on top of someone as dangerous as Christensen.

Zack: It looks like….she’s going to stay on top of her! Look at this, Jamie’s heading up to the rope and Sydney’s still on the floor!

Jamie scaled the corner, towering over her opponent as she watched Sydney start to get up again. Winters launched herself then with a cannonball splash onto her chest, driving the Canadian back to the floor. She hopped up quickly, and tossed Sydney back inside the ring. Dante came around the corner towards her, and Jamie stopped short of superkicking him in the face, actually leaving that foot less than an inch from his face as a warning before he backed up again.

Claire: It’s admirable control from Jamie to stop herself just short like that. I mean, let’s be honest, it’s not like Dante doesn’t deserve to have his teeth kicked down his throat.

Zack: I think that was a warning from Jamie. If it happens again, I don’t think he’ll get a second. But I like this version of Jamie, she’s all kinds of fired up!

The rookie hopped back onto the apron, and was stepping through the ropes to get back into the ring when Sydney punted the middle rope between her legs. It froze the magician in pain before Sydney hooked her head for a double underhook DDT. She rolled on top of her, and pummeled her with right hands before getting back to her feet. The show went to split screen again, and there was River still trying to get through security before finally storming off in the other direction.

Zack: My goodness, has she been back there this whole time?! I’m not sure if she’s given up...or just deciding on a different path out here. 

Claire: You’ve got to admire her tenacity and perseverance. Maybe also worry just a little bit for what could happen to Sydney if - when - River gets her hands on her.

Sydney still was focused on her opponent, not paying attention to anything else. When she saw Jamie starting to get up again, Sydney planted her head between her legs briefly before scooping her up for a ganso bomb. Christensen pinned her legs over her body for the cover as Pruitt dropped to make the count.

Zack: Sydney’s like a cyborg in there, only one target and that might be the end of the night for Jamie.

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOO!!!

TH-NOPE.

Winters got her shoulder up in time before Sydney tried to hook her legs over her again. But the rookie stopped that with a bell clap, using her legs to snap around Sydney’s head to disorient her. It only shook Sydney for a second as Jamie tried to get back to her feet, only for Sydney to stop her by hitting the near side ropes for a drive-by kick to her head.

Claire: Winters got her bell rung right there!! The Ganso bomb might not have put her down, but that kick could certainly put the finishing line in reach for Sydney!!

Sydney got back to her feet, and leaned down to pick Jamie up. She hoisted her upside down into position for her tombstone piledriver when the fans started murmuring. Security could be seen rushing inside the barricade and heading up one of the stairwells out of the arena as River Campbell was on her way down. They met River halfway down to stop her before Sydney let Jamie fall back to the mat rather than connect with the move.

Claire: River’s desperate to get to the ring and Sydney’s finally noticed her!! But security are already on their way to do their thing here! It’s not looking like Campbell’s going to get any more success this way!

Zack: Security’s getting a workout tonight, and we’re just into the first match on the card. I’m not sure just letting Jamie go though was the best idea.

Zack was proven right as Sydney seemed content that security had River cornered. And when she turned around to get Jamie, the magician caught her with a stunner that sent her bouncing backwards. The fans got loud again as the Canadian was very slow to recover, and rolled onto all fours near the ropes while Jamie was getting back to her feet.

Zack: What’d I tell you?! Sydney took her eyes off the goal for a second too long, and nearly got stunned out of her boots!

Claire: You called it Zack!! Jamie is right back in this match here and in pole position to pick up the victory! River might have done just enough to at least cost Sydney tonight!!

Jamie took off for the far side, and bounced back. She used Sydney’s back to hop onto the middle rope then step up onto the top rope into a ¾ backflip before she plummeted for the splash!!

Zack: That’s the MOMENT OF MAGIC!!

As Jamie dropped towards her, Sydney brought her knees up. They were driven into Jamie’s already sore chest before the Canadian hooked her into an inside cradle for the cover. Pruitt immediately dropped to count.

Zack: OH NO!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Pruitt called for the bell as Sydney shoved Jamie away, and got back to her feet. The referee raised her hand as her music began to play, while Dante taunted River from the floor, inviting her to come fight even though she couldn’t get to Sydney.

Claire: Sydney manages to pull out a victory tonight, though Jamie was mere moments away from scoring a massive upset tonight. And Dante is definitely talking a big game while a wall of security is between him and River, doesn’t he?

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall……….SYDNEY CHRISTENSEN!!!

The Global Wars scoreboard was shown next as Canada now had 2 points added to its total, bringing it to second place so far. Sydney nodded at the sight of that before sitting on the ropes, inviting River into the ring.

Zack: Look at Sydney inviting River to come get some, but she’s a brave woman when there’s at least six grown men restraining River! They need to make this match happen one way or another, or I think we’re going to see this through the entire Global Wars series.

Claire: And all it’s taking all six of them to hold River back! She’s going to hold this grudge and it might be worth Adam making this match before it escalates to Raging Dragons - Doomsday Sisters proportions.

Finally, the blonde Canadian left the ring and joined her manager as they headed up the ramp towards the back. The show cut to a commercial for Future Shock Global Wars on April 6th on FFW All Access.

The Search Begins

After the FFW All Access commercial following the match between Jamie and Sydney, we cut back into the arena as Sara Wilkins is shown heading down the ramp with a floodlight in one hand. 

Zack: Our next match isn’t due to start just yet, and here comes Sara. I guess her search for Destiny and Nyx is starting out here. I doubt Destiny and Nyx are going to be watching the monitor in their locker room after all. 

Claire: That would be a little bit too normal for the likes of Destiny and Nyx. You can’t really picture them sitting around, watching the show on a screen can you? Not even with a table and tea set to hand.

Sara heads towards the ring, and flips the apron. She turns on the floodlight and starts flashing it under the ring. 

Zack: Well that is the one place we’ve seen them both every time they’ve appeared, Claire. She’ll need that light under there if she sees them since we don’t usually light underneath the ring.

Claire: It does make sense for her to start her search for them in what would appear to be one of their favourite places. Even if they’re not there, she might find some clue on where to hunt next?

Sara flashes the light around in all four corners under the ring before turning it off, and pulling the apron back down again. 

Zack: No one was home, I guess. That may make everyone else competing tonight feel a little better knowing those two aren’t lurking.

Claire: I think everyone can rest easy knowing they’re not going to be getting themselves an invite to one of the more bizarre and unusual tea parties in history.

She starts back up the ramp towards the backstage area with a cameraman a couple feet behind her. 

Zack: No such luck here. I’m curious to see where else she’s thinking of searching. I couldn’t begin to imagine where you’d find those two. 

Claire: I guess you make a list of all the places a person could possibly be...and then start with the one most normal would want to avoid?

As Sara disappears to the back, the show heads elsewhere in the Future Shock Arena.

Coming Up Cortez

A short clip from the last episode of Future Shock shows the successful retention of the Nova Championship by Luna Cortez when she pinned Arabella. The clip cuts a second before the weirdness with the Dollhouse started, and returns to the live broadcast to find her and Anna along with Christian in the Cortez dressing room. 

Christian: So….what was it they were all saying because of the previous matches with Arabella again? It doesn’t matter actually, because the one that counted...well you just saw how it ended. Luna, Miss Future Shock America, Future Shock Nova Champion….is still just that!

Christian said as he stood between the girls, and gave the Nova Champion a little shoulder rub as he looked to her and her title. The orange-haired sister rubs the main plate of the belt as she smirks.

Luna: It gets boring after a while to have to remind you guys about the level of excellence we stand for. But it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make, you know, for the sake of keeping it on the record, and always fresh in everyone’s minds. I fought tooth and nail to get this championship back after having never lost it, and I’m not gonna let someone like… HER… to ruin everything I”ve worked towards so far. And! It comes with the bonus of being the frontrunner of Global Wars, so everything’s coming up Luna Cortez!

Anna: Co-frontrunner.

Luna immediately casts a DIRTY glance at her sister.

Luna: What…?

Anna: You’re tied with Cait--

Luna: Who the fuck cares?! I’ve had two matches ever since the Global Wars series started, and I’ve won both! I’m batting a perfect 100! That makes me the frontrunner!

Anna: But-- Ok.

Anna just shakes her head exasperatedly.

Christian: And if you need to see more of that indomitable American spirit, look no further than Global Wars itself on April 6th when Luna will compete in the battle royal to win the series but also gives the former champion her rematch. But if you look at it by the numbers, let’s see here. Mikayla has two wins over Arabella. Luna has wins over Mikayla AND Arabella. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Luna: And I have several wins over Mikayla already, which is even better. This is what being an All-American American means, guys: bucking expectations when they aren’t in our favor, and then enforcing dominance when it does! You can’t lose when you have this kind of power on your side! Goddamn, am I proud to be an American.

Christian: But it is very feasible to think Luna won’t be the only Cortez holding a title in Future Shock in the not too distant future. I’ve been hammering out an arrangement with Adam that will see Anna here in a #1 contender match for the Diamond Championship. No offense to Carys or Madyson, but there’s more than just them who should be lining up to face Cait. Don’t you think? 

Anna just nods. And, as expected, says nothing.

Luna: What she means to say is that she won’t be outdone by her sisters, and she WILL claim a belt for herself sooner rather than later. Because the Cortez Clan isn’t a two-woman show: all three of us are capable of achieving great things, and you will see all three of us holding championships really soon! Can you imagine how great it would be? Tara as your Phoenix Champion, Anna as your Diamond Champion, and yours truly, Miss Future Shock America, the All-American Prodigy, still your goddamn Nova Champion! Now THAT is a sign of true greatness.

Christian: If they ever do another reality show about this sport, it needs to be about you three and we’ll call it Coming Up Cortez. I could see that show happening someday.

The camera then focuses on the title in Luna’s grasp before Future Shock takes a commercial break.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 10:37:44 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 04:00:38 pm »

The show returns from the commercial break back to the ring, and there’s Lexi once again front and center ready for the introductions.

Lexi: The following contest is scheduled for one to a finish.

Zack: If you like your matches with a whole lot of hard hits, then Christmas has come early in this one, fans. We’ve got two legit bruisers about to lock horns, Claire. 

Claire: This could very well turn into an all out slobberknocker of a brawl here, tonight. Neither one of these will pull any shots and both are going to be desperate to win. One for Global Wars points. One to get back to the head of the line for the Nova Championship.

As the intro of “Superstar” by 95 TurboSol blares into the arena, generating thunderous reaction from the crowd, a lightshow of blue and white lights ignites the stage area and ramp and flashes continuously across both areas, bearing a striking resemblance of a futuristic spaceship setting. At the same time, smoke emerges from the bottom of the stage and fills the area.

Then, as the song begins, Jacqui Minogue emerges through the smoke and stands on stage, her hands on her hips as she scans through the environment and eventually the ring while the crowd continues to shower her with their reaction.

Lexi: Making her way to the ring, representing The Matriarchy...weighing 140 pounds…from Melbourne, Australia…She is “The Perfect Storm”…JACQUI MINOGUE!!!!!

Jacqui then comes down the ramp toward the ring with her arms extended outward and sporting a cocky demeanor. When she reaches the ringside area, she stands there taking in the atmosphere of the arena as the fans continue to show their reactions. She then climbs up the apron, wipes her feet on the apron, and enters the ring, Jacqui strides towards two opposite ring posts in where she climbs up and extends her arms out and then shortly shows off her trademark triangle hand signal, to represent her faction, all while looking on with a smirk and posing to the crowd with complete confidence. She’s taking in the atmosphere while the crowd reaction continues and the cameras flashing.

After going through her ritual, Jacqui climbs down and makes her way towards the corner to take off her jacket and then readies herself as she waits for her opponent to arrive.

Zack: Jacqui wanted to be in Global Wars, and has been none too happy about being excluded. But to be honest, when has she been happy? She’s got her work cut out for her though.

Claire: You’re right Zack, Minogue is the sort of person who seems to enjoy having a complaint of some sort or other - be it other wrestlers outside business interests to supposedly getting screwed over. Gemma might just be one of the most ferocious and focused women that she’s ever stepped into the ring with.

The lights go out in the arena, an anticipatory murmur filling the arena. A moment or two passes in silence before a slow-tempo guitar begins to play through the PA system, accompanied by an electronic vibration effect, kicking off All Good Things’ “For the Glory.”

Better back down, you’re in my domain
Got the whole crowd screaming out our name
It’s a blowout, it’s a hurricane
It’s over, before you know it

An aggressive guitar chord strikes as red lights begin to swirl through the arena. The curtain is pushed aside, and a dimly lit figure stands in the middle of the entrance ramp. While not much of her is clearly visible, she turns her head to face either direction of the crowd.

Why you shaking? We’re a dynasty
In the making, We’re the royalty
Now we're breaking down the enemy
Move over for the soldiers

After a moment, a single white spotlight turns to the ramp, revealing a woman in a leather jacket, glaring toward one side of the crowd, chewing a piece of gum with a smirk on her face. Notably, as the spotlight focuses on the World Piercer, her usually bright red hair is jet black, and hangs down in her face somewhat, although Gemma doesn’t seem particularly bothered for the moment.

Lexi: Introducing her opponent, from Liverpool, England, weighing 147 pounds…this is “The World Piercer,” GEMMA...PIERCE!

Gemma turns to stare at the other side of the audience, lips curling into even more of a smirk as the fans react to the introduction with boos. She stuffs her hands into the pockets of her leather jacket, pacing down the ramp slowly. For the most part, she ignores the crowd, although one person toward the end of the ramp seems to get the “World Piercer’s” attention. The smirk on her face only grows as she gets into a bit of a jaw-jacking competition with the fan, even holding her arms out and seeming to invite some kind of confrontation--when nothing comes of it, though, she just grins even more.

She circles around the ring, taking her sweet time before deciding which side she wants to enter on, swinging herself up onto the apron. She grips the top rope and grins, pulling herself up to her feet, staring out into the crowd for just a moment. She steps through the ropes, moving straight into the center of the ring and stretching her arms out wide, curling both hands in a “bring it” sort of gesture, as the boos only increase. The Merseysider chuckles to herself, shrugging her leather jacket off her shoulders and tossing it out of the ring, moving to her corner and leaning herself back against the turnbuckles.

Zack: A woman of few words when she gets into the ring, I don’t think Jacqui is going to be able to intimidate the “World Piercer” in the slightest. And if she runs her mouth too much in front of her, that probably won’t end well either.

Claire: Gemma is one of those women who doesn’t need any more firing up or trash talk being spoken to her. Tonight possibly doubly so given that Global Wars might represent her quickest route back to a match with the Future Shock Champion for the title.

After making sure no one was armed with anything, referee Malcolm Parks called for the bell to start the match. Gemma remained with a stoic expression in the corner as Jacqui loosened up in hers. The Aussie headed towards her as Gemma met her in the center, with the two women going nose to nose. Neither one said a word until Jacqui took one step back, and held out her arms after turning around. She told Gemma she could have the first shot.

Zack: Well then….Jacqui must be feeling extremely confident coming into this match. I’ve never seen anyone offer Gemma a free hit on them to start a match. 

Claire: I don’t think you could ever call it wise to turn your back on a woman as fierce or as hard hitting as Gemma Pierce. It’s never likely to turn out well for you.

Gemma was about to take her up on the shot before Jacqui caught her with a mule kick to the abdomen that stunned her where she stood. The Aussie spun into her with blistering forearms to the side of her head, wobbling her backwards before using a snapmare to bring her down to the mat into a rear chinlock. Pierce’s teeth clinched for a moment before Jacqui began grinding in the chinlock, and started leaning into her to make it more effective. The former Aspire Champion didn’t stay seated long, and began to get to her feet before Jacqui transitioned into a side headlock. She tried to shoot Minogue off into the ropes, but Jacqui only went a couple steps before grabbing her by the hair and yanking her back into the side headlock. Before Gemma could shoot her off again, she drove her headfirst into the middle turnbuckle with a corner bulldog.

Zack: Credit to Jacqui here. I wasn’t expecting that opening gambit to work out well. It usually doesn’t when we’ve seen it, but she got Gemma to commit and so far made her pay.

Claire: Yeah, Jacqui took a risk and so far it’s enable to take control and keep control of this contest. She’s doing a good job of stopping Gemma from using her strengths. The hard part is going to be keeping this up.

When she saw Gemma starting to get up, that’s when she went to work with clubbing blows to her back one after another, almost as if she were driving a nail. Gemma was pulled back to her feet into a rear waistlock before Minogue brought her out of the corner with a side Russian leg sweep. Pierce started to get up again, and the Aussie stopped her once more when she flipped her over into a Boston crab and dragged her towards the center of the ring.

Zack: Jacqui’s relying on her technical skills in this one. Usually she likes to try to overwhelm her opponents. Tonight, she seems content to outwork the “World Piercer.”

Claire: So far it’s working and this hold will certainly help Jacqui a lot. It puts an awful lot of pressure on the small of your back and tests your core strength. But it only takes one small misstep and Gemma could be right back in this one.

Parks dropped down next to the Brit, getting an immediate “No” before he even had a chance to ask the question. Gemma used her upper body strength to push up on her hands, and start walking on them to get back to the ropes. Jacqui tried to stop her without much success before she grabbed the bottom rope. When the referee called for the break, Jacqui let go at three before Gemma rolled onto her back. Due to still being in the ropes, the referee pushed Jacqui away. That allowed Gemma to get to her feet quickly, and proceed to shove the referee out of the way to clock Jacqui with a straight right to the jaw that sent her backwards. Gemma clutched her back for a second before she hoisted her up into a fallaway slam.

Claire: Parks is a brave man for standing between these two titans and that was just the opening Gemma needed to get back in this match.

Zack: It doesn’t take a whole lot to get under Gemma’s skin, and Jacqui seemingly found a way, and got her dental work realigned for the effort.

She grabbed Jacqui’s arm as she was trying to get up before firing a hard punt kick into her body. Two more landed that buckled the Aussie briefly until Pierce pulled her back to her feet and forward into a belly to belly suplex. She rained forearms against her head for a few seconds before getting back to her feet. Minogue didn’t have very long to recover before Gemma pulled her head between her legs, and dropped her with a Gotch-style piledriver. She immediately went for the cover. 

Zack: That was devastating! Pierce tried to make her a permanent part of the ring!

ONE!!

TWOOOOO!!

TH-NO.

Minogue raised her arm as the two struck, and Gemma rose back to her feet. And before she could do anything further to her, Minogue rolled out of the ring to the floor as Gemma advanced towards her. 

Claire: Good strategy from Minogue here. This will interrupt Gemma’s rhythm and stop her from building any more momentum. Can she use this to shift the pendulum back towards her though?

The Aussie went around the corner, holding her head for a moment and trying to shake off the damage done. Gemma grew tired of waiting, and leaned through the ropes to grab her to bring her back inside. But Minogue turned into her with a palm thrust to the throat followed by a second to the face. It didn’t knock Pierce down but it sent her backwards a few steps. Jacqui slid back into the ring, and pulled Gemma into her for a flatliner. She quickly rolled her over for the cover with a leg hooked.

Zack: Two palm thrusts and a flatliner, and Jacqui’s back in charge with a win possibly too!

ONE!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THR-NO.

Gemma got her shoulder up after the two, and Jacqui quickly sat her up. She pulled both of her arms around her neck into a seated straightjacket choke, and pulled her back against her knee at the same time. The referee knelt to check for a submission, but Gemma couldn’t say “No” this time for being choked out.

Claire: Jacqui has gone straight back to her strategy from earlier, looking to use technique and submission holds to wear down the powerful, decisive striker that is Gemma Pierce.

Gemma kicked her feet out of instinct as she struggled against the choke, causing Jacqui to try to pull even further back on her hands. The Brit’s face started darkening now as Gemma’s air flow was getting more and more restrictive. Minogue’s teeth clenched, showing how much effort she was exerting to make the hold even more tight. And that was when Pierce’s eyes started to flutter, and her eyelids looked to be getting heavy.

Zack: She’s actually doing it! Gemma Pierce is mere seconds from being rendered unconscious! And if that happens, Jacqui will have picked up the biggest win of her Future Shock career. 

Claire: A lack of air will cause even the biggest, strongest of people to pass out, Zack. Gemma has to find a way to escape this hold before the world goes dark and she finds herself having an impromptu nap.

Being too far from the ropes, Gemma was limited in her options at this point. Jacqui leaned in to tell her ‘good night’, which drew a sharp headbutt from Gemma. The back of the Brit’s head struck Jacqui right on the nose, causing her to let go and clutch her face. The former Aspire Champion rolled away from her, and slumped onto her knees. She began to slap her own face to revive herself, while Jacqui was trying to clear her vision.

Zack: That’s one way to break it. Jacqui decided to give her a little lullaby, and got her nose dented in the process. Gemma needs to move quickly though, she’s still feeling foggy.

Claire: Slapping yourself is a good way to get the adrenaline flowing again. It’ll help counter the effects of that sleeper while she has these few moments of relief.

The Aussie was back to her feet, looking more annoyed than ever now. Gemma was still slumped forward as she tried to get up, the effects of the choke still taking their toll on her. Minogue moved in behind her, snatching the Brit into a full nelson now. Gemma was more alert at this point as Jacqui was trying to lock her fingers through Pierce’s hair. 

Zack: One submission after another, Claire! If Jacqui gets those fingers locked, it’s all over but the bell ringing! I can’t tell if she--OH!

Before Zack could finish his thought, Gemma held both arms straight up over her head and literally dropped to the mat out of Jacqui’s grasp. Pierce rolled to her left back to her feet, and caught Jacqui turning towards her with a heart punch that dropped her where she stood. 

Claire: Jacqui got all of that right there!! A blow like that, in the right place...it really could stop your heart. Or at least make it  skip a beat. Minogue’ll be feeling that one.

Gemma was almost back to fully alert now, and paced back and forth briefly shaking her head. Jacqui was beginning to get up again, and Pierce went to go get her before the two started trading blows in the center of the ring. The fans got into that as the two wailed away on one another until Jacqui broke it up with a jawbreaker that staggered the “World Piercer” backwards. 

Zack: She wasn’t going to win a fistfight with Gemma, and she stunned her again! Jacqui’s gotta be thinking about ending this sooner than later. 

Claire: Minogue can’t afford to get into too many fistfights with Gemma or give her too many more opportunities to try and turn this around in her favour. We’ve seen that Gemma doesn’t need too many invitations to achieve her goals.

Jacqui went to grab Gemma’s head, but the Brit countered by lifting her up into a backdrop driver instead. She stumbled forward a couple steps, and applied her surfboard dragon sleeper on the Aussie. Jacqui used her free arm to try to find the ropes, but Gemma’s ring positioning was almost perfect.

Zack: We don’t see Gemma break out his submission often. The only time I saw her use it was against Mara Werth, and that ended in a victory. Now Jacqui is stuck in ADMIT DEFEAT! 

Claire: Stuck is the right word. Pierce has this locked in perfectly and is perfectly positioned in the middle of the ring. Minogue’s going to need every ounce of power in her body or a huge slice of luck to get out of this hold!

The Aussie flailed her arm, almost grabbing hold of the referee’s shirt in the process before Parks freed himself. She struggled for a few seconds before she finally was forced to do what the move’s name called for and tapped out. The referee called for the bell, and Gemma shoved her to the mat before sitting up. Parks raised her hand as she got back to her feet.

Lexi: Your winner by submission…..’THE WORLD PIERCER’ GEMMA PIERCE!!!

Zack: Jacqui went for multiple submissions to try to put Gemma away, but the “World Piercer” was the one who got the tap. But I think it’s fair to say Gemma got a lot more from Jacqui than she expected here. 

Claire: I agree with you Zack. Jacqui came in with a near perfect gameplan and right up until those dying seconds had executed it almost flawlessly. But that’s all it takes for Gemma to pick up victory and England gets on the scoreboard tonight!

Pierce glanced up to the Global Wars scoreboard, and saw 2 points added for England. That seemed to garner a small nod from the Brit before she looked down to Jacqui with some respect in her eyes.

Zack: I’m being told right now Gemma’s next test is on the next Future Shock, Claire. We’re in for a treat in 2 weeks when the “World Piercer” meets our other British star...it’ll be Gemma and Arabella on the next show!

Claire: That should be an excellent match for the fans and a real test for both women. A real clash of styles and talents and I’m sure Arabella will have learned a lot from watching this match in preparation for the next Future Shock.

As Gemma made her way out of the ring and headed towards the back, that’s when the show cut elsewhere. 

The Search Continues

The camera cuts to a large room with wide bay doors and boxes stacked up on iron shelves. And that’s where we find Sara looking next. 

Zack: Well that’s the loading bay on the rear side of the arena. That’s where they keep some of the things we need on certain occasions, like cage walls, extra ring equipment and things of that nature. Also where deliveries come in.

The loading bay is largely quiet, and not well lit till Sara hits the switch inside the entrance to illuminate it better and begins walking between the shelves.

Claire: I saw an episode of CSI that started like this once. They were investigating a murder at horror movie studio and they just kept on building the tension that the killer could just leap at any moment...

Sara walks each aisle between the shelves and peers out the windows near the bay doors.

Zack: Doesn’t look like she’s having much luck out there either. I give Sara a world of credit. There are a lot easier interviews she could get tonight than this one...and probably much safer too.

Claire: I am glad she’s got a camera crew with her and you’re right, Zack, she deserves all the credit for going out there and hunting down The Dollhouse to get to the bottom of this mystery. 

Sara: Well there’s only one other spot I can think of. C’mon.

She tells the cameraman before they head back to the entrance of the loading bay, and we cut back to Zack and Claire in the booth.

Zack: I have no clue where she might be talking about, and I doubt she’ll be too disappointed if she finds out maybe they aren’t here tonight. But Sara’s search continues.

Claire: Out intrepid reporter is really going all out to secure the scoop. You think she might be trying to win a prize or something? Have they ever given an award for investigative journalism to a wrestling reporter?

Zack: In the meantime, let’s send it back to Adam’s office. I understand Charlotte Harker is there right now to meet with him.

And that’s where the show cuts to next.

Charlotte's Arrival

The cameras catch up with the Director of Future Shock as he heads out of his office to greet Charlotte Harker. Adam shakes hands with the powerhouse before folding his arms across his chest and leaning against his door. 

Adam: Welcome back to Future Shock, Charlotte. Things have changed a whole lot since the last time you were here, haven’t they? What was it, the fall of 2014 or thereabouts? 

The Buffalo born wrestler nodded her head.

Charlotte: Yeah, something like that. Since I ran riot through the tag team season and won the season. You’ve had a whole relaunch since then and really gone from strength to strength, putting on some great shows.

Adam: Yeah, you won’t find Heafy United or the Aryan girls running around. But you’ll have a lot of new faces you’ll get to meet. I did talk with Samantha about her idea for having a division like the Ultraviolence was in FFW here. As of right now, I am having a championship minted for the division here. I won’t be giving it to anyone though, but you will face someone to be able to claim it. I haven’t decided who that is or what way it will be decided just yet. You might have noticed we have a few women here who aren’t shy about showing how brutal they can be.

Charlotte: Yeah, I saw that with the Tag Team TLC match in South Korea and with the way Sydney Christensen has been swinging her bat around. And Leighana has shown that she can be pretty cold hearted too. That’s before we even get to the Future Shock Champion, Stacey Sky, and the rage issues that she’s shown. I’m happy to face whoever you can get lined up for the new title belt and I look forward to having it handed to me after i’ve beaten them and been announced as the first Champion of Future Shock’s newest and hottest division.

Adam: What I can tell you though is it will be named as the Future Shock Anarchy Championship. Like I said, it’s being crafted and put together right now, and I hope to have it soon so I can show you and everyone else . I’m sure there’ll be plenty of interest from other people besides those you named, like either of the Dollhouse...especially if you enjoy tea. Or Raven Knight. Plenty of options to go with for it. 

Charlotte: More of a coffee drinker to be honest with you...but if Nyx or Destiny want to play, sure thing, I’d be up for wrecking their tea party and destroying some fine china or silver teapots if I’ve got to. As for Raven...yeah, I think that could be a really intriguing contest and match up - the Arsonist against the Moose. We could really wreak some havoc and cause some destruction. It truly would be anarchy in Future Shock, if her and I went all out.

Adam: We’ll see about getting things rolling as soon as I have the championship in hand. Meanwhile, why don’t you head over to do your new promotional photos? And like I said, welcome...or welcome back to Future Shock.

As Charlotte heads off to do just as she was asked, that’s when the show heads to a commercial break. 

Moonlight Tea Party

After Adam’s meeting with Charlotte, we find the cameras back at ringside with the broadcast team.

Zack: Alright, fans. Coming up next is our tag team main event, as the “Million Dollar Baby” Cait Flanagan and the “Sensational” Stacey Sky of the Gold Standard meets River Campbell and Mara Werth. There’s 2 poi--

He stops himself mid-sentence as he touches his headset.

Zack: Put a pin in that one, fans. I understand Sara thinks she’s found the Dollhouse. I’m waiting to hear where we’re going.

Claire: You and I both! Congratulations to Sara if she has managed to find them and I hope she gets rewarded for her tireless efforts to find this oddball couple tonight!

Zack She’s headed where? What?! Okay, fans. Sara is heading up to the roof of the Future Shock Arena! 

Claire: Well...the roof of an Arena in Boston in winter is certainly a place most normal people wouldn’t want to be, so Sara could definitely be onto something here, let’s send it on up and see what she finds! 

Zack: God only knows.

The camera catches up with Sara once again, except this time she’s shown taking a stairwell to an exit somewhere inside the Future Shock Arena. As she approaches the door, she glances back to the camera. 

Sara: As you fans know, I’ve been scouring the building tonight looking for the Dollhouse to see if I can get a few words with either Destiny or Nyx. But so far, my efforts have turned up nothing. I did get a tip to check the roof though, so if they aren’t here, I apologize for not being able to find them.

Sara turns back to the door, and opens it with the camera following behind her. The viewers can see the roof of the Future Shock Arena, including a large satellite dish not too far away. Sara heads around the exit, looking in all directions before she finally spots the pair she’s looking for, seated about 20 feet away having a tea party seemingly.

Sara: Looks like we found them. C’mon, let’s see what they have to say for themselves.

The reporter heads towards the duo, and kneels down just out of reach of Destiny. (Safety first!). 

Sara: Ladies, I was….I was wondering if I could get a few words with you.

Destiny and Nyx… seem to ignore Sara completely, as they continue their unsettlingly childish ritual of pouring fake tea and eating imaginary biscuits. There’s an almost motherly smile to the Poet’s face, while her doll is enjoying every moment of “fun” with a big grinning smile on hers.

Nyx: Having tea under the moonlight was such a good idea, Mistress! Sooooo dreamy! Especially now that our family is bigger, innit?

As the Living Jumpscare says that, she “pours” a cup of “tea” to the doll right beside her. It’s a ragdoll made in the obvious likeness of Arabella Townshend. Sara looks at the doll, having gone unnoticed by her to this point, and recoils a little. She takes a deep breath, and tries again.

Sara: That’s exactly what I wanted to talk with you both about. What is your fascination with Arabella Townshend, ladies? 

Destiny: Make sure she is well fed too, dear. I would hate to expand our family only for Ms. Townshend to feel unwelcome by any standard.

Destiny is the only one who’s eating an actual piece of food, but it’s not a biscuit, even though she would like to pretend it is. As the Dead Poet brings what seems to be a piece of cooked fish to her mouth, Nyx’s eyes go wide as she prepares the whole table in front of Arabella-doll. And, yes, Sara is still being completely ignored.

Nyx: No no no no! Bella won’t be mistreated! Everyone is welcome in our family! Look at all those delicious things we have for you! Aren’t you glad you joined us?!

The Living Jumpscare singsongs and strokes the Arabella-doll’s hair as she encourages her to “eat the food in front of her”.

Sara watches all this with a definite level of uneasiness, to say the least. She glances back to the camera with a questioning look before trying one last time.

Sara: Ladies, you’ve been harassing Arabella since November in South Korea. What exactly is behind this fascination? Could you please share it with us? 

That is finally when Sara seems to grab the attention of both members of the Dollhouse. They slowly turn their heads towards the reporter, piercing her with their gae as if she was being made prey by two hungry eldritch presences. Slowly but surely, Nyx cracks a massive smirk.

Nyx: Oh, someone else wants to join us for tea! Isn’t it delightful?

Destiny: Most delightful, yes, darling. Say, Ms. Wilkins… Would you care for some while it is still hot?

Sara shakes her head quickly.

Sara: Thanks, but no. You two enjoy yourselves.

The reporter stands up and backs away to the exit door in short order before the camera gets one last look at the duo and follows after her before the show heads back to the ring.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 10:38:13 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 04:02:40 pm »

After coming back from the commercial break, Lexi is once again standing in the center of the ring ready to begin introducing the opponents in the main event.

Lexi: The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall to a finish, and it is the main event of Future Shock!

Zack: Every member of the Gold Standard in Future Shock is packing some gold right now, and we’re about to see both of them against two women who are quite happy to loosen some teeth for anyone they face. In Mara’s case, I’m sure she’d enjoy nothing better than going toe to toe with Stacey again.

Claire: The Gold Standard are riding high at the moment and life is good for them. Their opponents on the other hand...they want those title belts for themselves and this is a great opportunity for them to press home their claims.

The lights extinguish inside the arena only for a hockey style goal horn to sound; causing a spotlight to snap on and highlight the one, the only, River Campbell stood at the top of the stage playing to the crowd, waving her arms to get them to join in with the clapping and the opening “Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh’s…” of “The Enforcer” by Monster Truck. She nods her head, revelling in it as the lyrics kick in.

“I'm not looking for a fight
If you come at me tonight
I'm gonna make you sorry.
Don't try my patience, son
There's a reason I'm the one,
People stand aside for.”

With a smirk on her face she sets off down the ramp, beating her chest as she does so. When she reaches the ring she climbs up the ring steps. Entering the ring, the musician continues to play to the fans by standing on the middle rope and raising her hand in the air. She repeats this on all four sides of the ring before returning to her corner and waiting impatiently for the match to start.

Lexi: Introducing first…..from New York, New York, weighing 133lbs, standing 5’7” she is...RIVER CAMPBELL!!!

Zack: While she might have preferred to be where Jamie was earlier tonight, River needs her tunnel vision focused on the two women she’s about to meet. Stacey and Cait are not opponents to be overlooked, no matter how much she may wish one of them was Sydney.

Claire: You’re right Zack. We’ve seen that Cait will stop at nothing to get what she wants and Stacey has that short fuse, mean streak going for her too. If Campbell doesn’t have her eyes on the ball and isn’t on the same page as her partner, it will be a VERY long night for Mara Werth.

Lexi: And her partner…..

I'm only human
I'm only—I'm only—
I'm only human, human

“Human” by Rag’n’Bone Man starts to play over the soundsystem as the video screen shows a jail cell door sliding backwards and a pair of black ring boots with legs going all the way up to a simple blue skirt step out onto the landing only to suddenly stumble as if given a push in the small of the back from the man who appeared behind her in shiny black shoes and black pants. 

Maybe I'm foolish,
Maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this
And see what's behind
Got no way to prove it
So maybe I'm lying

As the pair pass by, the camera gets a shot from behind before it cuts to more grainy CCTV footage that shows the guard escorting the raven haired prisoner across a prison yard of patchy grass and into another building. There’s another cut as we see a shot of exposed midriff on the other side of a counter that has a pack of gum, some loose change on it and a hair bobble on it. A hand reaches forward, picking up a pen and signs a name quickly before scooping up the possessions as she stiffly pushed to move onwards.

But I'm only human after all,
I'm only human after all
Don't put your blame on me

There’s another cut; this time to show the back of the black haired woman as she reaches up to tie her long loose hair back with the bobble while still walking forward, coming to a stop in front of a large closed door. The camera cuts to the opposite side of the door and low door, watching as it swung open and the woman stepped out; only for the blazing sun to obscure her face and body; the video screens becoming a blazing yellow-white sun glare with a spotlight shining bright as the same woman has appeared at the top of the entrance ramp. The spotlight dims to reveal Mara Werth standing there in her black boots, blue skirt and white vest top.

Take a look in the mirror
And what do you see?
Do you see it clearer
Or are you deceived
In what you believe?

Lexi: Ladies and gentlemen please welcome from Tuscaloosa, Alabama… MARA WERTH!!!

'Cause I'm only human after all,
You're only human after all
Don't put the blame on me

With a smile on her face she begins to head down the ramp to the ring, running up the ring steps. She moved down the apron, facing out to the crowd and threw her arms up into the air before she stepped through the ropes. Heading to the corner, the girl carefully stepped up onto the middle ropes, throwing her hands up into the air again before she bounced back onto her feet and stretched as she waited for the match to start.

Zack: Mara Werth is very clear about what she wants, and that’s a rematch with the Future Shock Champion. She’s getting it in a roundabout way tonight, but she’d certainly prefer it to be one on one for the title. 

Claire: If nothing else, I’m sure it really dented her pride to lose the Future Shock Championship. But hopefully she’s been able to reset, refocus and get back into the mentality that the climb starts again right here, right now.

Lexi: And their opponents…..

The opening of Madonna’s “Material Girl” begins playing as Cait Flanagan steps out onto the ramp. With a wink, she licks her index finger and touches it to the ground and as she passes the spot, flames shoot up behind her. She reaches into her tights and pulls out a wad of cash, fanning it out for the crowd to see. Kyle follows after her with a smile on his face.

She tousles her hair and fans herself with the money, then shrugs and tosses it behind her, letting it get eaten up by the flames. Cait puts her hand up to her mouth as she seems to realize what she’s done, but then she shrugs her shoulders and cackles.

You know that we are living in a material world, and I am a material girl…

Still laughing, Cait skips the rest of the way down to the ring, tossing her hair over her shoulder and blowing mocking kisses to the men in the audience. She ascends the steps and ducks through the ropes as Kyle opens them for her, as she’s winking at the referee before her manager headed back up the ramp.

Lexi: From Belfast, Northern Ireland, she is the reigning Future Shock Diamond Champion.  This is The Million Dollar Baby, Cait! Flanagan!

She seems to thank Lexi for her introduction and goes to her corner, laying across the turnbuckle and giving her opponent a cheeky little wave as she waits for things to get started.

Zack: Those of you who saw Crossed Out watched Cait Flanagan take every shortcut she could find to claim the Diamond Championship. And she’s been on cloud nine since, especially on her luxury boat with Kilmeade. And that thousand megawatt grin on her face tells you everything you need to know.

Claire: They both said that she was going to win that title and by hook and by crook she’s managed to get her hands on it. She could well find herself brought back down to Earth tonight though in this match. River and Mara are unlike most of the wrestlers that she has faced in Future Shock thus far.

Lexi: And her partner….

As the opening of ‘Pour Some Sugar on Me’ by Def Leppard starts to play, Kyle Kilmeade steps through the curtain and holds it open. Stacey Sky steps out onto the stage wearing her ring gear which consists of a black bra-style top, with gold trim. A black and gold cheerleader style skirt, and black boots with a gold trim. Her Championship secured around her waist which she runs her fingers over with a smirk.

Pour some sugar on me
Ooh, in the name of love
Pour some sugar on me
C'mon, fire me up
Pour your sugar on me
I can't get enough

She stops at the start of the ramp and runs her hands down her sides until she reaches her hips and then stands with her hands on hips for a moment, before she starts moving towards the ring with Kyle walking slightly behind her.

I'm hot, sticky sweet
From my head to my feet, yeah

As the line hot, sticky sweet plays, she raises her finger to her mouth and tilts her head to one side. Then she sways her hips, lowering herself down at the same time, before popping back up and blowing a kiss from one side to the other.

Lexi: Making her way to the ring, hailing from Anaheim, California and accompanied by Kyle Kilmeade……Your reigning FUTURE SHOCK CHAMPION……….“Sensational” Stacey Sky

Listen! red light, yellow light, green-a-light go!
Crazy little woman in a one man show
Mirror queen, mannequine, rhythm of love
Sweet dream, saccharine, loosen up
Loosen up

She removes her Championship and passes it to Kyle before she takes off at a run towards the ring and then jumps up onto the apron, where she immediately drops down into the splits. She leans forwards and grabs hold of her foot, lowering her head so she can roll under the bottom rope, still in the splits. Once in the ring, she moves up to her knees, throwing her head back as she does. She licks her lips and gives a devilish smile out to the crowd.

You gotta squeeze a little, squeeze a little
Tease a little more
Easy operator come a knockin' on my door
Sometime, anytime, sugar me sweet
Little miss innocent sugar me, yeah, yeah
Give a little more.

As her music starts to fade she gets to her feet and goes to her corner, where Kyle hands her back her Championship. She climbs up and sits on the top turnbuckle with her legs crossed and the Championship raised high above her head to a boo from the crowd. She shares a few last minute words with her manager on the apron as she awaits the start of the match. 

Zack: Stacey Sky may be the most dangerous Future Shock Champion we’ve had in years. She has a short fuse, very short. And the fact that the first title she challenged for in Future Shock was the top prize...and she won it is surely testament to that fact.

Claire: You have to hand it to Stacey and Kyle. They had a plan, they stuck to it and trusted the process and Stacey has accomplished something few have ever achieved before her - winning her first ever title shot and for the top prize in Future Shock. Not to be too cliche...but that really is Sensational. Now she has to keep hold of it and with the likes of Mara and Gemma Pierce hunting her down, that’s easier said than done.

Referee Ashley Pruitt checked for hidden objects, and called for the bell. But there was a massive difference between the two corners. In the Gold Standard corner, Stacey was standing in the ring already waiting to begin, while Cait was standing in the corner. But on the other side, River was pacing back and forth like a caged animal while Mara was trying to get her to step out into the corner so she could start. The referee told them one of them had to be in the corner, but Mara was having a hard time convincing River to let her start.

Claire: River’s still simmering from earlier on tonight and Mara might be best off letting Campbell get it out of her system early on in this contest.

Zack: River wasn’t able to get her hands on Sydney, but if she wants a fight, she’s got one here and I think that’s plenty to keep her occupied. Mara looks like she wants to start, especially with Stacey choosing to begin for her team.

The referee admonished the team again, saying she wanted one in the ring and one in the corner. Mara told Pruit she was working on that. And when she went back to continue talking with River, she was already out of the corner and went straight after Stacey. River lowered her shoulder and used a running tackle that sent Stacey back into the corner, but it was also her team’s corner. And as she tried to drive in shoulder thrusts, Cait grabbed her by the hair over the top rope and pulled her up. She pinned her arms behind her back, and Stacey started hammering away with straight right hands to the head and body. An European uppercut rocked Campbell’s head back before Stacey shoved her into the corner instead. The referee backed her up, warning her about double teaming. And that only gave Cait time to wrap the tag rope around her neck while the referee was facing Stacey.

Claire: River charged headlong into the lions den and got caught for her troubles and we’re already seeing that the Gold Standard are on the same page, working like a well oiled machine here.

Zack: They always are. No matter what incarnation of them you face in a tag team match, they tend to work together like they’ve been doing it for years. Tonight is no exception.

When the referee turned back, Cait wasn’t doing anything at all illegal while River coughed and tried to get her breath. Stacey charged in with a corner clothesline before tagging Cait into the ring. The pair took turns firing kicks into her body before they scooped her up for a double gutbuster across their knees. Stacey stepped onto the apron as Cait grabbed River’s legs to catapult her neck first into the bottom rope. The musician started coughing and gasping for air when Cait tagged Stacey. The Future Shock Champion joined her in the ring, and the pair joined forces again. Stacey whipped her partner into the ropes, and caught her on the rebound with a spinebuster INTO River’s body before the redhead rolled out to the corner again.

Claire: Quick tags and extremely vicious teamwork from the Gold Standard who might be looking to end any aspiration River might have of being a lead singer tonight.

Zack: We’re seeing the difference here of a team that went into this match with a singular focus, and another team where half of it has her mind on someone else entirely and is running on emotion.

Stacey stomped River’s body repeatedly in the same corner before she rolled River onto her stomach. She pulled her arms up behind her with both hands and started stomping her back repeatedly with one vicious stomp to the back of her head. Campbell was rolled over again before the Future Shock Champion went for the cover. 

Zack: This match started in the Gold Standard corner and may be about to end in it already!

ONE!!!

TWO-NOO!!

River kicked out a second before the two was about to be counted, and Stacey held the cover long enough to reach out to Cait for another tag. Cait made it as Stacey hammered elbows into River’s head before Flanagan hit the near side ropes for a double stomp into her body just as Stacey rolled out to the corner.

Claire: River is being well worked over by both members of the Gold Standard and if she can’t somehow turn this around, this match will be over sooner rather than later and Mara will have been little more than a spectator.

Cait pulled the musician to her feet, and fired her into the same corner back first. She made the tag back to Stacey, who she then whipped across to the center of the ring. But Stacey reversed and sent Cait barreling into River instead. The Diamond Champion stepped back out, only to be tagged in again before she and Stacey scooped River up for a snake eyes into the top turnbuckle. Feeling very confident now, Cait took a moment to beam proudly as River was using the ropes to help her up slowly.

Zack: I’ve lost count of the number of tags we’ve seen out of the Gold Standard since this match began. Now Cait is taking a moment to bask, which I’d wait till after it was over if it were me.

Claire: They’re fully in control right now, Zack. For all of River’s anger, she’s not even managed to get out of the blocks - such as been the dominance and the chemistry of the Gold Standard tonight.

Kyle praised his client from the floor. But when she saw River was now getting back to her feet, she went to get her. But that didn’t work out well for her as River caught her coming in with a short knee to the body. She took a deep breath, and started throwing hands next. Cait absorbed several quick right hands in a flurry before Campbell yanked her forward into a short arm clothesline. The fans began to come to life now, especially as she surprised Stacey with a discus punch that sent her off the apron. Campbell started stomping Cait’s body repeatedly before she scooped her up for a Samoan drop. River sat up, still trying to get her wind back as she was coughing while her partner was encouraging her to make the tag.

Claire: River would be smart to make the tag right now while she has the chance. Catch her breath and let Mara do some of the heavy lifting for a while.

Zack: We’ll see if she takes yours or Mara’s advice here. River isn’t known for her tag team expertise, neither is Mara. But at least she’s been in a few with the Phoenix Champion of FFW and enjoyed some success.

River got back to her feet, and yanked Cait up with her. She fired her into the neutral corner, letting crash against before River followed her in with a shoulder tackle to the body. It lifted Cait’s feet off the mat a second before Campbell ascended the middle rope. The fans counted off nine punches before she rolled her hands, and connected with a bionic elbow to the top of her head. Flanagan staggered out of the corner after all those shots, and River bounced off the ropes behind her to drop her with a one-handed bulldog. She was still coughing though as she was getting to her feet, all the while Mara still offering to take over for her with a tag. 

Zack: River’s finally gotten some momentum going for her, Claire. I think the Gold Standard burned off a lot of that aggression she had to start the match though. Now she’s trying to rekindle it. 

Claire: Now that she’s back in the fight, she doesn’t show any sign of wanting to give up her spot and you’ve got to say, right now, she’s making a pretty good argument that she should be in Diamond Championship contention.

Campbell headed back to the corner, and dropped down into a three point stance. The fans recognized that posture, and began getting very loud now as she shouted to Cait to get back to her feet. The “Million Dollar Baby” started moving slowly, while River was waving her hand telling her to get back to her feet.

Zack: Look at this! River’s looking to end the match right now, Claire! I don’t know if she has Cait worn down enough yet for this though.

Claire: It certainly has the feeling that this is one heck of a gamble by River. It could easily be crash and burn with the amount of time Cait is taking to get up!

Cait crawled a little closer to the ropes, and was beginning to rise when River bolted out of the corner. Kyle yanked his Diamond Champion out of the ring, causing River to stop herself before she collided with the ropes. The musician shook her head in aggravation as Kilmeade checked on his client, only for River to roll out after her. Mara shouted to get Cait back in the ring as River manhandled the Diamond Champion from behind. She hoisted her off her feet, and looked to be going for a belly to back suplex on the floor until Stacey caught her with a lungblower from behind. Kyle assisted Cait again as she and Stacey started stomping the life out of River, drawing Mara to cut through the ring to go help until the referee restrained her after the referee was trying to stop the double team. 

Claire: Pruitt has certainly got her hands full here and the Gold Standard are taking full advantage to get control of this match back once more.

Zack: I’d never recommend going to the floor in a tag match against any team, least of all a group like the Gold Standard. They’ll take every shortcut they can get, in or out of the ring.

As Pruitt was escorting Mara back to her corner, Stacey pulled River up just before the musician started throwing hands again. She was spinning around, connecting with shots to both of their heads before bouncing them both off the apron. The Gold Standard collapsed to the floor, and River rolled back inside. She was coughing all over again after the lungblower, while the referee started counting Cait out. 

Zack: I don’t know about you, Claire, but I can think of no better time than to go tag in Mara! River’s already seen a lot of action, and no doubt could use a few minutes to herself. Not to mention Mara is fresh as a daisy.

Claire: Damned right Zack! River can barely catch her breath right now. If she doesn’t make the tag, I’m not sure this match goes much longer. How much can she have left in the tank?

Cait had pulled herself back into the ring as the referee had gotten to six. Meanwhile, River was heading towards her own corner finally. Mara had her hand out when River made the tag, and the former convict stepped inside. Cait saw her, but Mara shook her head and pointed to Stacey. The Diamond Champion glanced over to her partner as Stacey rolled her eyes, but held out her hand.

Zack: You’re the tag team expert, Claire. Do you think it’s wise to let Cait tag out right now after getting clobbered on the outside? I know Mara wants another round with Stacey, but…

Claire: Personally I wouldn’t, I’d look to make Cait earn the tag - if she could. Ideally you never want to let the fresher woman back into the ring. But like you said, this is a team that’s more about personal ambition than working together.

Cait granted her wish, and headed to the corner to tag in Stacey. The Future Shock Champion stepped into the ring, and the pair locked eyes for a few seconds with Stacey already starting the trash talk. And it was only seconds after that before they went straight at each other, throwing rights at one another’s heads as the crowd ate it up. Mara won that fistfight though, backing Stacey up with several shots. She pushed her back into the ropes, and whipped her across to the far side. Mara mowed her down with a lariat on the rebound, which got a pop from the fans. Werth muscled her up around the waist, and sent her flying with a release German suplex. 

Zack: That was not a wise move on Stacey’s part. She’s not gonna win a brawl with Mara. She has to be faster than her, which she definitely has the advantage.

Claire: You’re right Zack but right now, Mara has managed to catch her and is sending her flying around this ring into a series of hard landings.

Stacey started to get up, only to get snared into a leg hook Saito suplex from the former Future Shock Champion. Sky barely had gotten back to her feet before Mara scooped her over her shoulder for a running powerslam. She hooked the leg for the cover before Pruitt slid into position.

Zack: A jarring powerslam all the way from Tuscaloosa, and Mara’s looking for three!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOO!!!

T-NOPE.

Stacey rolled her shoulder at two, and Mara quickly got to her feet to deliver a leg drop across her chest. She rolled to a vertical base, and headed towards the corner to make her ascent.

Claire: I really wish Mara wouldn’t do this. It never works out all that well for her. She should stick a little more to what brought her to the dance, not try to leave with the flashy guy because that’s just 50/50 at best.

Mara perched herself as quickly as she could, and launched off the top rope with another leg drop just like the last one. But the champion rolled out of the way, and she crashed onto the mat instead. It jarred her body when she landed, and she barely had time to recover before Stacey was back on her feet and firing sharp kicks into her chest one after another. Four in a row connected before a shining wizard put her down on the mat.

Zack: I guess she thought if one leg drop worked, two would be twice as good. But that’s Stacey’s domain up there, and that landing was like taking an atomic drop off the top rope for Werth.

Claire: You know, sometimes Mara can be a phenomenally quick learner….just not when it comes to anything that involves climbing the ropes. It’s the damnedest thing and one heck of a blindspot to have.

Sky yanked Mara to her feet into a front facelock, and scooped her up into a brainbuster after that. As soon as she hit the mat, Stacey hooked the leg for the cover before the referee was in position.

Zack: Mara got planted on top of her head, and that might do it!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THRE-NOO!!!

Mara’s shoulder popped up just as River stomped Stacey’s back to make the save. Pruitt went to escort the musician back out of the ring, while Stacey got back to her feet. 

Claire: Sky was half a second away from picking up a pinfall on Werth and it came as a result of her taking one risk too many.

The Future Shock Champion circled around behind Mara, yelling at her to get back to her feet. The previous champion didn’t make her wait all that long before she was starting to do just that. Sky then swooped in, and snatched her into her crossface chickenwing, pulling Mara down to the mat with her.

Zack: That’s SCREAM FOR STACEY, and it’s what won Stacey the Future Shock Championship in South Korea!

Claire: She’s got her caught right in the middle of the ring with the hold too! Mara’s got to be in excruciating pain right now and has all the work to do to try and find some means to escape this hold!

It was instinctive for Mara, who immediately began scampering towards the ropes as soon as she could. She made it there within a few seconds, and got the rope break. Stacey held it to a four count before finally releasing it. Werth was close to her corner, and River reached over to tag herself in. And before the champion could get to her feet, River was unloading with right hands in a flury. She backed Stacey into the ropes, but the blonde was covering her head with both arms like a boxer, letting River unload with shots though none were getting through.

Zack: River with a timely tag right there, and one Mara probably needed! But man, look at those shots! She’s just swinging for the fences, and Stacey is taking a page out of a boxer’s playbook here!

Claire: River’s punching herself out and those blows might hurt Stacey’s forearms but they’re not really having much more effect than that.

The hits kept coming as Stacey stayed guarded against the ropes. Finally they began to slow down as River was using up a lot of energy throwing them. She went for a haymaker shot to finish off the flurry, but Stacey ducked out of the way and River ended up leaning against the top rope. Cait pulled it down, causing her arms to get tied up in the ropes as a result. And when she saw that, Stacey started to smile.

Zack: Stacey must have seen one of Ali’s old fights, Claire! And uh oh….that’s the worst place to be when you’re in the ring with Stacey! You know what she likes to do when her opponents are tied up like that!

Claire: She’s going to take full advantage of a defenceless River and I guess we’re going to find out whether those ribs truly are fully healed or if that was just hyperbole from the musician.

Stacey connected with a superkick to River’s jaw, followed by another and another and another. She pivoted to the other leg, connecting with three more as the referee was trying to free Campbell. A seventh superkick landed before the referee finally got her free, and River collapsed on the mat. Cait had her hand out now, looking to get back into the match.

Zack: Jesus Christ, seven….SEVEN superkicks right on the button! And Cait wants in now! 

Claire: I’m not surprised River has to be out cold!! Each and everyone of those kicks snapped her head back violently! It must have been like getting hit with a bowling ball!!

Stacey shrugged her shoulders at the idea, and headed to the corner to make the tag. The “Million Dollar Baby” stepped back into the ring with that cheshire grin on her face as she entered, looking down at River who hadn’t budged a muscle.

Zack: I think Cait can just cover her at this point, Claire. Look at that smile on her face, like the cat that ate the canary. 

Claire: River hasn’t moved since she collapsed to the mat. Cait could cover and the referee could count to thirty. I still don’t think River would move.

The Diamond Champion dragged River’s motionless body away from the ropes towards the center of the ring. She tapped her chin for a moment, grinning again before she pulled the musician up into position for her finisher. 

Zack: She’s setting up for her finisher, her double underhook facebuster! But she doesn’t need it, just cover her!

Claire: This overkill! She’s looking to send a message to River and anyone else who might want to challenge for the Diamond Championship!!!

Cait easily planted her opponent with the double underhook facebuster Zack mentioned before rolling her over to make the cover. Mara tried to break it up before Stacey took her down with a tackle as Pruitt counted the pin.

Zack: That’s the IRISH GOODBYE!! This is academic!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

The referee called for the bell as Stacey broke away from Mara, and helped her partner to her feet. The referee raised their hands to boos from the crowd as Kyle joined them in the ring.

Zack: Like I said earlier, Cait could have covered her after Stacey tagged out and gotten the same result. In any event, the Gold Standard and it’s two champions stand tall and Northern Ireland takes the lead in Global Wars.

Lexi: Your winners by pinfall……’SENSATIONAL’ STACEY SKY & ‘THE MILLION DOLLAR BABY’ CAIT FLANAGAN…...THE GOLD STANDARD!!

Claire: You’ve got to hand it to the Gold Standard tonight, they were on the same page right from the get go and they exploited the lack of focus from their opponents tonight to their full advantage. This was an exceptional tag team performance from the two Champions.

Kyle pointed out the scoreboard for Cait, showing her once again leading the pack in the Global Wars series. That brought a smile to her face as their titles were returned to them. Meanwhile, a trainer had come to the ring to assist River. 

Zack: Cait Flanagan has won every match in the Global Wars series so far, Claire. She’s got to be the odds on favorite right now, especially as she’s only got one match left in it before the battle royal.

Claire: I think you could be right Zack, Cait has built up an awful lot of momentum starting even before the series kicked off...and we’ve seen that both her and Kyle won’t leave any stone unturned; won’t leave anything to chance to win the series and put that title shot in Cait’s back pocket.

The trainer quickly began helping River, who was sitting up against the ropes while Mara talked to her and told her how great she did. The musician was slowly coming around, and happened to glance back over her shoulder to see Cait and Stacey with their hands raised by Kyle.

Zack: I’m glad to see River coming around. If there’s a MVP award for this match, she’s got it! And even though she may be a little foggy, that look tells me she just set herself a new stretch goal in addition to facing Sydney.

Claire: It was a very impressive performance from the musician and you’d think it would definitely get the attention of both Adam and Bri as they look to line up title challengers down the line.

Stacey and Cait raised their respective titles and clinked them together as Kyle watched with a bright smile. And with the Madonna song playing over the PA system, Future Shock faded off the air.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 10:38:41 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: