Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 11:40:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

FFW Future Shock - Episode 92

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFW Future Shock - Episode 92  (Read 188 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: March 09, 2021, 06:18:04 pm »

Live from the Future Shock Arena in Boston, Massachusetts
March 9, 2021

The FFW logo is shown in graffiti on a brick wall before the camera wheels around to see Nadia and Alessandra of Target Acquired standing outside an old gym somewhere in Boston. They give each other a look as “Boom” by the X Ambassadors starts to play. When they start to head inside, we begin to see some of the stars of Future Shock in clips.

My feet go boom boom boom
Boom boom boom, boom boom boom
My heart beats boom boom boom
Boom boom boom, boom boom boom

The clips begin with the Doomsday Sisters thrusting the Future Shock Tag Titles over their heads in South Korea, followed by Angelina Fantastica launching herself over the top rope. Luna and Anna Cortez pop out of a gift box next, and that’s followed by Cait Flanagan lounging on a boat in a red bikini. Then we cut back to Nadia and Alessandra as they step inside the dusty gym, and start getting the equipment inside working.

I said, hey, uh huh, you can't stop me
'Cause my pain, uh huh, is gasoline (ooh)
I can't wait, no, for nobody
If you break my heart, it's 1, 2, 3
Boom boom boom

With the gym now somewhat ready for use, they see a ring standing in the center of it. They head towards it before we cut to another set of clips. They include: Stacey Sky looking up to the Future Shock Championship in her hand, Katie Hanley delivering her running boot to someone in the corner, Sydney Christensen twirling her Louisville Slugger with Dante standing behind her, Lauirie talking to the camera while ignoring Jane entirely, and finally Leighana admiring her handiwork after leaving an opponent laying. The shot changes back to Target Acquired in a dusty ring before they close their eyes. The shot changes to black before we open live inside the Future Shock Arena to a roaring crowd. The camera spins around to show the fans as well as Lexi stepping through the ropes.

That's what I'm gonna do
I got a new tattoo, don't know what to tell you
Got nothing left to prove to you

With the crowd waving their signs and making a tremendous amount of noise, we cut down to the booth to find Zack Hudson and Claire Black.

Zack: We are in the final weeks of the Global Wars series here on Future Shock. And there has never been a closer race to the finish in FFW history than what we have going right now. Welcome back to Boston for the 92nd edition of Future Shock! Tonight, we kick off the Anarchy division, see if the USA or Canada is going to join Northern Ireland in a tie for first place and a debut where we don’t know what to expect. Claire,what do you know about bullropes? 

Zack holds up a length of rope with a metal cowbell hanging off the bottom, showing it to the viewers as Claire speaks.

Claire: I don’t know a lot, Zack, but I know that Charlotte and Raven will definitely come up with all sorts of innovative and creative ways to use the rope and that cowbell to hurt the other. It’s not going to be at all pretty. And you’re right about Global Wars - there’s never been a closer series and it’s all coming to the boil as we hit the home straight!

Zack: Tonight will mark the debut of Nyx from the Dollhouse when she meets Arabella Townshend after weeks of one of the most bizarre situations I’ve ever seen in this sport as Destiny and Nyx seem to have wanted to make her their own toy. 

Claire: Arabella certainly has a unique and unusual foe in the ring with her tonight and this will be a test like no other. That said, I think we’re going to see Townshend work out a lot of frustration and hand out one heck of a receipt to the Living Doll.

Zack: And like I said a moment ago, either the USA or Canada will join Northern Ireland in the lead spot for Global Wars tonight when Luna Cortez, the reigning Future Shock Nova Champion, meets Sydney Christensen. These two have a long history that goes back well over a year that the aforementioned Arabella was at the center of, if you remember.

Claire: There’s a lot on the line tonight in that encounter. Obviously there’s  the Global Wars points and an opportunity for either Luna or Sydney to become the joint front runner as the series comes to the climax. A feud from a year ago will be reignited and, tied to that, Sydney could put herself in line for a shot at the Nova Championship that she’s been so determined to win since its inception.

Zack: The Laurie Jane Experience have been announced as the next challengers for the Future Shock Tag Titles after their victory on our last show against two thirds of Trinity. That’ll take place April 6th at Future Shock Global Wars on FFW All Access, now making that show a first with two tag titles up for grabs. We’ll hear from them tonight.

Claire: The Experience have made no secret of the fact that they want to be the Future Shock Tag Team Champions again and they have to be excited to be getting the chance on an historic night at Global Wars. But they’ve got a mountain to climb in the form of the Doomsday Sisters who won’t hesitate to do whatever they have to in order to turn aside Laurie and Jane.

Zack: There’s still questions surrounding who the sixth woman will be in the forthcoming 2021 Future Shock Cup match. We already know it’s going to be River Campbell, Anna Cortez, Angelina Fantastica, Melody Stone and Jacqui Minogue. Maybe we’ll find out who the sixth and final entrant will be tonight. Even Jake doesn’t know, and he’s usually pretty good at picking up things he shouldn’t.

Claire: Adam is certainly keeping his cards close to his chest when it comes to that sixth entrant in what is already a star studded line up of some of the most talented women in Future Shock. Honestly, I don’t think there’s anything to separate these combatants and it might all come down to who wants it most and who makes the fewest mistakes on the night.

Zack: Global Wars is just 4 weeks away in London, but we got plenty going on tonight in Boston. Let’s send it up to everyone’s favorite exhibitionist in the ring. Take it away, Lexi.

The shot changes to the center of the ring, and Lexi is already waiting to go in a short black dress. 

Lexi: The opening contest of Future Shock is scheduled for one fall to a finish.

A hand winding up a music box shows up on the big screen, right before the sweet sound of said music box playing a tune starts. Children’s voices join in, sing-singing along the music box’s clicks.  It's not long until the sweet music box is aggressively overtaken by a bass drop, as a faint spotlight reveals a rusty, dilapidated metal box, on top of which the “Dead Poet” Destiny Campbell sits. As soon as she leaves the top of the box, its lid flies open, and the "Living Jumpscare" Nyx comes out of. The living doll slithers out of the shell and snakes around her master’s leg, who caresses her head and gives her the go-ahead to move down the ramp. The doll then crawls down the ramp, her hungry eyes fixated on the ring the entire path.

Lexi: Introducing first... NYX!

Nyx cracks a smirk trudges her way down the ramp and then creeps into the ring, collapsing over herself as if she had no joints to support herself on once inside, chuckling and smirking before she "remounts" herself and takes haven on a corner.

Zack: Well that….that’s just a little disturbing. I’m not entirely sure what to expect from this woman. Both she and Destiny are two of the most….unique women I have ever come across in my life. 

Claire: Nyx is one of those women who can take a beating and just keep on coming at you. There’s a reason why Adam has already suggested her as an Anarchy Championship hopeful and she might prove him to be very much correct in that assessment tonight.

The sounds of "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol begins to play as purple strobe lights flash on the darkened stage. A woman starts to rise up from under the stage with her back to the crowd before looking over her shoulder with a smile. 

Last night a little dancer, came dancin' to my door
Last night a little angel, came pumping on my floor
She said come on baby, you got a license for love

The fans give her a very warm response as she bounces down the stage to the music, greeting several fans along ringside and even taking selfies with a couple before rolling under the bottom rope. She shucks off her ring jacket as the lights come up.

Lexi: Introducing from London, England....please welcome....ARABELLA TOWNSHEND!!

Arabella gives Lexi a little hip bump as she passes her, and climbs up onto the turnbuckle to rally the fans as her music fades out.

Zack: I think we can both agree that Arabella has her work cut out for her tonight, and especially at Global Wars. What kind of psychology can she bring to a match against a woman like Nyx? 

Claire: I’m pretty certain that you’re not going to have any luck intimidating Nyx. Arabella has to be prepared for anything, not show any fear whatsoever and when she gets the upper hand put the foot down and don’t let up any; not until the bell rings to end the match.

Referee Melinda Davis makes sure neither of the women are hiding any weapons before she calls for the bell. While Arabella looks focused and determined, Nyx looks like she’s about to be let out to play. They meet in the center as Nyx very slowly reaches her hand out to touch Arabella’s hair, but the Brit shoves it away before the fists start flying in the center of the ring. Townshend gets the better of the exchange as she pounds on Nyx till she gets her into the corner, where the “Living Doll” covers up and screams like a banshee with ear-piercing volume until Arabella backs up. And as soon as she’s out of arm’s reach, Nyx launches towards her with a Thesz press followed by biting into her face rather than punches. Davis started a four count before she let go, and got back to her feet. Nyx licked her lips as Arabella got back to her feet. The “Living Doll” charged towards her, and ran into a boot to the face from Arabella. She grabbed her arm, and jerked her forward into a short arm elbow to the mouth that sent her stumbling backwards into the corner. Nyx took a deep breath, and flashed a toothy grin towards Arabella.

Zack: She’s not right. Nyx just got hammered with an elbow right to the mush, and look at her, Claire. She’s smiling. She looks like she’s having the time of her life.

Claire: Nyx certainly marches to the beat of a different drum and I have a feeling that she’ll take everything Arabella can dish out and only get happier and happier as she does so.

Arabella fired up more, and followed in after her. But Nyx surprised her as she approached with a drop toe hold that sent her head first into the middle turnbuckle. She then pressed Arabella’s face into the padding in an attempt to smother her until the referee got to a four count. Nyx backed up a couple steps and dropped down to all fours. That same eerie smile was etched across her face as she watched Arabella starting to get back to her feet. And like a rabid animal, she scampered forward and bit into Arabella’s thigh and started shaking her head like a dog with a bone. The former Nova Champion shouted in pain as the referee demanded Nyx let go, starting another count before she finally did. When Nyx looked up to the referee, Arabella charged forward with a running knee to the side of her head. The camera zoomed in on the bite on Arabella’s thigh, showing tiny droplets of blood as she pulled Nyx up enough to deliver a gutwrench suplex.

Zack: Look at her leg, it honest to God looks like she got bit by a dog. Nyx even broke the skin, because you can see the blood.

Claire: She should be muzzled! Look at the damage that she’s done right there. I hope Arabella is up to date on her shots, God only knows what she might catch.

Nyx tried to get up, but Arabella kept the advantage. She grabbed her head for a bulldog into the corner, driving the top of the Doll’s head into the middle turnbuckle. Townshend pulled her back to her feet facing the corner, and started driving shoulder thrusts into her lower back. After she landed four of them, she lifted Nyx to sit on the top rope before climbing up behind her to flip her over with an inverted suplex that saw the Doll land face down on the mat. Arabella immediately made the cover as Davis slid into position.

Claire: The Living Doll just got ragdolled off the top rope! Her head bounced off the canvas like a baseball!! Townshend could be three seconds away from victory!!

ONE!!!

TWOO!

Nyx got her shoulder off the mat, and Arabella rose to her feet. She let Nyx sit up enough to where she could begin driving knees into her back repeatedly. The last knee landed before she turned it into a kneeling rear chinlock with that same knee between Nyx’s shoulders.

Zack: Arabella’s trying to keep this a wrestling match. I’m not sure it’s wise to try brawling with this woman. On top of that, she may need a shot later for that bite.

Davis asked Nyx about stopping the match, but the Doll ignored her. She reached up with both hands, making slashing motions as she tried to scratch Arabella’s face. The brunette avoided that contact though, and glanced over to keep an eye on Destiny, who looked like she was watching something over the ring that only she could see. Nyx started to growl a bit before she pushed some of Arabella’s fingers into her mouth to bite them. It worked too, and Townshend yanked her hands away. Nyx started back to her feet when she saw Arabella coming towards her, and surprised her coming in with a scorpion kick. That wobbled Arabella before Nyx applied a hammerlock behind her, and then drove her head first into the middle turnbuckle.

Zack: Despite the bizarre behavior, Nyx does show a lot of ring savvy and generalship in there. But it’s easy to forget when you see her doing everything else she’s doing. I have no idea what Destiny is looking at over the ring. 

Claire: Let’s not go there; that’s a whole rabbit hole of weirdness that I’d rather stay as far away from as possible. Who knows how Destiny or Nyx’s mind works? Who wants to know?

Arabella slumped against the corner before Nyx applied a full nelson, and dragged her back to her feet. The Brit didn’t put up much of a fight either as Nyx positioned her in the center for a full nelson slam. She watched Arabella intently for a moment before throwing herself onto the mat beside her and looking over at her with a grin on her face. 

Zack: What...is she doing? I’ve never seen anything like this.

Claire: I don’t think Nyx wants this playdate to end just yet. She’s just waiting on Arabella getting back up.

As Arabella started to sit up, so did Nyx before she lunged on top of her and went back to biting her again in the face. The referee got to four before she let go, and then the “Living Doll” took an interest in Melinda Davis. She started walking towards her as the referee backed up against the ropes. This gave Arabella a chance to recover though, and she finally made it back to her feet as Nyx looked to be about to grab the referee’s hair. But that didn’t happen when Townshend snatched her from behind. She unleashed a German suplex before rolling through into three more. Nyx was dazed and in pain on the canvas before Arabella made it back to her feet.

Zack: I shudder to think what Nyx had in mind for the referee. Davis may owe Arabella a late dinner after this.

Claire: Davis was in the danger zone till Arabella popped up and it looks like she has legitimately hurt Nyx with those four vicious suplexes.

As soon as she saw Nyx starting to get up too, she quickly lifted her over her shoulders to drop her with a Death Valley driver. The Boston fans were totally behind her as Townshend hopped up onto the second turnbuckle from the inside, waving for Nyx to get back to her feet. The “Living Doll” was slow to do that. But when she did and was facing the right direction, Arabella surprised her with a blockbuster before darting across her to make the cover with a leg hook.

Zack: Arabella’s ready to put this one to bed, and I don’t blame her a bit!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

T-NO.

Nyx kicked out in time, and Arabella started to pick up the pace a little. As the “Living Doll” was getting up again, that’s when Townshend started firing kicks into her body repeatedly. She finally crumpled Nyx to one knee before Arabella hit the near side ropes. She came back with a running neckbreaker to put her down.

Claire: Arabella is building momentum right now and isn’t giving her opponent any chance to bite her again or even get back to her feet.

Townshend quickly got to her feet, and pulled Nyx’s head between her legs. The Boston crowd knew what was likely coming next as the Brit hoisted her up for her spinning powerbomb. But Nyx showed great technical knowledge, practically crawling over Arabella’s head behind her to apply an octopus stretch. The crowd support got louder with Arabella trapped in the hold, and trying to use her strength to get to the ropes.

Claire: Excellent counter from Nyx right there! Arabella’s caught and is really stretching her out now! It’s going to take everything that Townshend has left for her to get a break from this submission hold.

Zack: It's a long slog to the ropes though, Arabella's moving like she's trying to walk through quicksand right here. That tells you how well Nyx has the hold applied.

It was quite the struggle though as Arabella moved like she was walking through a swamp. Nyx kept the hold applied, weakening the former Nova Champion with every step. But Arabella continued to try to make it to the ropes before finally falling backwards instead, crushing Nyx underneath her to get the submission broken. It was easy to see how much the hold had taken out of Arabella as she was slow moving to try to get up again. Nyx, however, was back on her feet and making eye contact with Destiny. She held out her hands before Destiny offered her a teapot she had brought with her. 

Zack: What’s she doing now? She has Arabella in trouble, and she wants that teapot?! We know what’s in that thing, don’t we? 

Claire: There’s nothing but evil intentions right now. I don’t think Nyx even gives a damn about the result right now she just wants...well, I’m not sure what the Hell she wants from Arabella right now!

Nyx took the teapot from Destiny, and started back towards Arabella. She was nodding her head with another toothy grin as Townshend was starting to get up. The referee warned her about using it, though Nyx showed no signs she was even hearing her. 

The British beauty got to her feet and turned just before Nyx swung the teapot towards her. But Townshend blocked it, and took it away from her before her temper got the better of her. She drove it upside Nyx’s head, knocking her to the mat before the bell rang. Arabella realized she’d lost her cool, and dropped the teapot. The inside was filled with concrete, and hitting Nyx with it didn’t even crack it.

Lexi: Your winner by disqualification……’THE LIVING DOLL’ NYX!!

Zack: Arabella lost her cool after she saw what Nyx was about to do. You can’t really blame her, and there you see it, fans. That teapot is loaded with concrete!

Claire: You live by the teapot, you die by the teapot and Nyx just learned that lesson the hard way right there!

Destiny hopped up onto the apron and then into the ring. Arabella backed up a couple steps as she slowly approached. Nyx was starting to rise as well before Angelina Fantastica bolted towards the ring to help her new friend. She slid under the bottom rope with a pair of brass knucks, one of which she gave Arabella. The Dollhouse stopped in their tracks and watched the pair before they ultimately left the ring.

Zack: Seeing anyone with brass knucks would back anyone off, Claire, but the Dollhouse just seemed curious about it.  I don’t know what we’re gonna see when these two teams meet at Global Wars on April 6th, Claire. But it’s clear to me that it’s going to be anything BUT a normal tag team match.

Claire: I think that’s going to be true any time we see Destiny and Nyx in a match. Angelina and Arabella should keep those brass knucks close by. These two are going to have to be prepared to go that extra mile at Global Wars and do whatever it takes to put the Dollhouse down for the count.

Both Angelina and Arabella kept a wary eye on the Dollhouse in the ring before they headed to the back. And that’s also where the show headed next as well.

Cup Envy

The next image we see is that of River Campbell and DOC. This time, River is inside unlike her last appearance. Both she and DOC are taking a look at the 2021 Future Shock Cup seated in a glass case outside of Adam’s office.

DOC: That’s a damn good looking cup right there! All silver and everything. There’s a great spot in my apartment for it after you win it, River. Right next to my turntable with all my vinyl records. Next to Rihanna and Frank Sinatra.

River: Wait, hold on up a second. So, I win this thing. I go through five other women in a four corners match - five of the toughest and most skilled that Future Shock have to offer. I pick up all the bumps and bruises and contusions. And after it all, YOU take the trophy home and put it next to your turntable? 

DOC: Well yeah! But it may only be four tough and skilled women in that match. We don’t know who the other woman is going to be, and it could be some two week trainee from the Center in Boston for all we know. I wouldn’t worry about what I don’t know, and focus on the four you do: Melody, Anna, Angelina and Jacqui. 

River: OR the fifth person could be a highly decorated multi-time World Champion and a Hall of Famer from another company. It has to be someone pretty special, otherwise Adam wouldn’t have announced and then chosen to keep the cards close to his chest. And don’t worry, DOC, I’ve got all my focus on Melody, Anna and Angelina. I already know Jacqui pretty well and am very happy to get her back in the middle of the ring and get another chance to whoop her ass all over the place. I’ll be ready for them and have a gameplan to face each of them - whether it’s Anna’s technical prowess, Angelina’s flying or Melody’s more all rounded abilities.

DOC leaned in towards her.

DOC: I heard a rumor about who it was going to be actually. A little birdie told me, you know how that goes. And if it’s her, I don’t think you have to worry. I was told it was going to be Charity from SVW. 

River: That’s what you heard?

River asked him with a disbelieving look on her face.

River: Look, DOC, I don’t know where you heard that from, but I wouldn’t put too much stock in it. No offence to Charity who I think is in the grizzled veteran category at this point, but I think, if it was Charity, Adam wouldn’t have announced it. I think...I think a lot of people might consider her to maybe be a little bit of a let down after getting the big announcement.

DOC: You don’t think Charity would surprise people? That’s just one rumor I heard. Another one was Amy, you know the “Killer Blonde” woman? First FFW Champion. Also heard Wendy Briese. Heard that rumor too.

River nodded her head as she listened to him.

River: I think Charity would surprise people. Just not in a good way. As for Amy? Well, she probably thinks that she’s already won this several times over...though if it was her, then Adam has certainly pulled off a huge coup there, potentially. And Wendy Briese is an FFW Hall of Famer...I just can’t see it happening. I hope you’re not putting any money on any of these rumours that you’re hearing being true.

DOC” That’s just what Jeff who runs concessions says. I think he might have an inside track on the whole thing. I do know your match at Global Wars has a prize on the line, but back to what we were talking about. Jeff also thinks it could be a new member of the Gold Standard. You know Kyle likes to have his girls involved in these big event matches.

River: Yes he does and that might not be too bad of a guess from Jeff. The rest of them? I think he’s just trying to get a bonus for clearing out old FFW stock from the warehouse. They’ve probably had a difficult time getting rid of those last few Killer Blonde shirts. Let’s just go back a few seconds there. My match at Global Wars has a prize on the line? What’s the prize?

DOC: Yeah it does. I’m kinda hoping we see the return of Desirae Kain myself. Now that would be a surprise!

River: Can she still get a job here? Now she can’t call Cody in the early hours of the morning? DOC, focus. What’s the prize on the line at Global Wars. Then you go back to speculating that Katherine Stryfe or Rebecca Valentine or whoever blast from FFW’s past might be coming back. BUT what’s the prize? What is on the line when I beat Sydney on April 6th live in London on Global Wars?

DOC: Well Adam told me about it earlier tonight before the show. See, Sydney’s in Global Wars now and she could win a Future Shock title match, right? But he said if you won your match with her that night, he’d award you with a Diamond Championship match. What about Lumina Ferrari? 

River: Really? I’m going to be getting a Diamond Championship match?!? I’ve got to be honest with you DOC, that’ll look great wrapped around my waist or hanging over my shoulder, don’t you think? And River Campbell, Diamond Champion has a pretty nice ring to it. I like that. 

DOC: I’m happy for you. He kinda interrupted me since I was playing with a crossword puzzle on my phone to tell me. But I forgave him. What if it’s Cereza? 

River: If it’s Cereza Missy will probably burst out of Adam’s office and send her to the hospital before she even makes it halfway to the ring. I think she’s a million to one shot. And it’s nice to see that you’re so excited over the prospect of your one and only, very loyal client has a chance to put herself right at the head of the line to challenge for the Diamond Championship - that I’m going to become one of the most prestigious Champions in the business. Still, I hope you managed to finish your crossword.

There was a roll of her eyes and a hint of sarcasm to her voice.

River: You have some really interesting priorities, DOC. 

DOC: Actually I got stuck on 8 down. The clue was--

The door opened as they were talking, but it wasn’t Adam who came out. Instead it was Vee Chandler. She stopped long enough to admire the Cup, but then kept walking. DOC watched her leave, and glanced back to River.

DOC: Well now…

River: Are you thinking that a Storm might be coming?

The musician shrugged her shoulders.

River: Because you could be right. Or maybe Vee has another potential superstar that she’s discovered and signed up and thinks Future Shock might be the best place for them? Either way, you might have more competition for manager of the year.

The camera turned back to see Vee sashaying away before Future Shock took a commercial break. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 10:55:02 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 06:18:15 pm »

Future Shock returns from the commercial break to the ring, and finds Lexi ready to begin as the referee behind her is holding a bullrope in his hand.

Lexi: The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is a BULLROPE MATCH!! Both opponents will be tied at the wrist. And the only way to win is by pinfall or submission, and the bull rope is legal as a weapon!

Zack: These are similar rules to a strap match, except for the fact that nobody has to worry about touching corners. This is a first in FFW history we’re about to see take place.

Claire:  This is a first for me too. I’m not expecting this to be a technical classic - far from it. I’m expecting that this is going to be an out and out, bowling shoe ugly fight. It’s going to be a pier six brawl where I’m sure we’ll see all the horrific ways rope and a cowbell can be used against the human body.

The lights go out completely as the opening guitar riff of ‘Is this the way you get to hell by Stitched up heart’ starts to play. A red spotlight hits highlighting a handbasket sitting on the otherwise empty stage.

Is this the way you get to hell?
Is this the way you get to hell in a handbasket?
You will tear me apart.
You will tear apart my mind, My simple mind.
It's just cause you hurt so bad,
That you end up blind, You end up blind.
Is this the way you… Is this the way you...
Is this the way you…

A second spotlight hits at the entrance to see Raven Knight standing with her arms raised above her head making the bottom of her top raise enough to show part of her taut abdomen. Boos erupt from the crowd which just bring a smirk to the resident firestarter’s face. 

Dripping from bloody fingers,
Running from the palms of my hands.
I didn’t even have a chance.

Lexi: Introducing at this time...from Providence, Rhode Island,--weighing in at one-hundred twenty pounds, she is the “The Dark Raven:” RAVEN KNIIIIGHT!

I will tear you apart.
I will tear apart your mind, Your simple mind.
It's just cause I hurt so bad,
That I end up blind, I end up with a simple mind.
Is this the way you… Is this the way you...
Is this the way you…

Raven walks out onto the stage and approaches the handbasket with the smirk still in place on her face, suddenly she kicks out sending the basket toppling down the ramp and scattering black rose petals in its wake and down the ramp.

I didn’t even have a chance.

Raven walks down the ramp towards the ring with her arms raised either side of her and her middle fingers extended towards the crowd. She speeds up as she nears the ring and jumps up onto the apron, sliding under the bottom rope and jumping to her feet in a quick fluid sequence. She raises her middle fingers to the crowd again before going back to her corner and laughing at the animosity she is getting from the crowd.

Zack: I’m not sure if Raven has ever been in something like this, but I don’t think she cares. She’s only too happy to do some damage, and if you give her a weapon to start the match with, all the better!

Claire: For Raven this is an opportunity to do what she loves to do most and get paid handsomely for it. A weapon being legal and being strapped to her is just a huge bonus for her. This is her element and we’re about to see a woman doing what she loves to do.

“Start Me Up” by the Rolling Stones begins to play as Charlotte Harker comes out of the back and bounces on the balls of her feet, taking a moment or two to soak in the atmosphere of the crowd while talking a couple of deep breaths. As the crowd booed her loudly, she shook her head and rolled her eyes, throwing her hands into the air anyway to incite more jeers from the crowd.

Lexi: Please welcome, standing 6’2” and weighing 157lbs, she comes from Buffalo, New York….CHARLOTTE HARKER!!!

Finally she began to head to the ring, peacock strutting Mick Jagger style all the way there. Climbing up the ring steps, she stands on the apron for the moment, asking the crowd to get louder before she entered the ring through the ropes. Charlotte circled around the ring, revelling in the reception that she got from the crowd before she climbed onto the middle rope in her corner, raising her hands aloft. Finally she dropped down to the canvas and proceeded to do a couple of last minute stretches, waiting for the referee to start the match.

Zack: It’s been quite a number of years since Charlotte Harker was involved with Future Shock. She came in with her former tag partner, Shaw, during the 16th season back in October 2014. That team is no more, and the entire format of this show has changed as well. 

Claire: For all the changes Future Shock has gone through in the last six and a half years, Charlotte has evolved and adapted too. From silent assassin to coming into her own, proving that she can be a force to be reckoned with. Raven certainly won’t have things all her own way.

Referee Malcolm Parks made sure neither of the women were armed with anything before he called for the bell. He took the bullrope over to Charlotte, who held out her wrist as he began to secure it around her wrist. He headed across to Raven next, who held out her arm for him to attach it there as well. 

Zack: The referee has a simple job. He’s there to count three or call a submission. Other than that, he might want to stay out of the way as much as possible. You think Charlotte feels any kind of deja vu being in a Future Shock ring again for the first time in several years? 

Claire: That’s a tough question to answer, Zack. After all, things have changed an awful lot since the last time she was here - a whole new format for starters and now she’s here all by herself too.

With both women tied at the wrist, the referee moved to a neutral corner as the two started moving towards one another. The cowbell laid on the mat and was pulled around as the two circled before Charlotte yanked the rope and pulled Raven into her. She blasted her with a straight to the mouth, and began throwing a few more shots after that. An elbow to the top of her head sent Knight reeling until Charlotte pulled the rope towards her again, causing Raven to be pulled into a belly to belly suplex. Knight started to get up, but Charlotte bounced off the near side behind her to deliver a one-handed bulldog. She immediately went for a cover after wrapping Raven’s ankle together with the rope to pull them up for a hook!

Zack: Charlotte’s already looking to put this away with the rope around Raven’s ankles for extra leverage!

ONE!!!

TW-No.

Raven got her shoulder up instead, and raked Charlotte’s face with both hands to get free. Harker clutched at her eyes as Raven untied her ankles. She grabbed the cowbell off the mat, and drove it into the top of Harker’s head when she was trying to stand. Another shot put her down on the mat after that. 

Claire: Charlotte looked for the early win, but it looks like she might’ve only succeeded in pissing Raven off, Knight’s out for blood with the way she’s using that cowbell!

Knight mounted her chest as she was on the mat, and grabbed the bell to begin driving it repeatedly into Charlotte’s head. Four quick shots dented the metal bell before Raven got to her feet. Then she began driving the bell into Charlotte’s ribs repeatedly. Finally tossing it to the mat, Raven used a double knee drop to her chest to cause her more pain. Rising back to her feet, it was clear that Raven was enjoying herself now. Harker rolled away from her to get back to her feet, and Raven grabbed the other end of the rope with both hands and brought it up sharply between the former Ultraviolence Champion’s legs. Charlotte’s mouth fell open in pain as she dropped to her knees just as Raven bounced off the near side with a scissor kick to the back of her head.

Claire: Raven’s already got an imprint of Charlotte’s head on that cowbell! She’s using that rope like a tag team partner right here and to great effect!

Zack: I don’t think she’s ever been in one of these, but maybe Andy’s been watching and giving her tips. She seems like an old pro with that rope.

Knight dragged her towards the center of the ring, and allowed her to sit up before she double wrapped the rope around Charlotte’s neck and pulled her back against her knee with it in a rear chinlock. Harker’s jaw fell open as she tried to breathe while Raven pulled back on the rope around her neck. The referee could do nothing but ask Charlotte if she wanted to stop the match, but she never said so. Instead she was using both hands to try to pull the rope away from her neck. 

Zack: Look at this! Usually you see two hands around the opponent’s chin in a hold like this, but Raven has found another use for that bullrope: choking the life out of Charlotte!

Claire: Raven is in her element right here - there’s nothing she loves more than hurting her opponent in that ring and the rope just gives her an extra dimension in which to do that.

Charlotte managed to pull them to the ropes and kick her foot across the bottom. But the referee shook his head, and told her rope breaks didn’t matter in this match. Finally she reached back, and jammed both of her thumbs into Raven’s eyes. It caused her to break the hold, and Charlotte quickly unwrapped the rope from her neck. She rolled to the floor, and leaned against the apron as she tried to catch her breath. Meanwhile Raven had regained her vision in the ring, and was about to yank Charlotte back in with her. But Harker surprised her,and showed her power advantage by pulling Raven out to the floor. The pyromaniac landed back first on the floor before Charlotte wrapped up her ankles again. She held them under one arm, and then swung Raven into the barricade. She did it again in the other direction. Four powerful swings sent Raven crashing into the wall before she finally landed on the floor, and Charlotte was once again coughing and trying to get her breath back.

Claire: Charlotte’s doing a little on the job learning in a match like this right there and we’re seeing just how important that power advantage is to her right there.

Zack: That ringside barricade is mostly for aesthetic value, because inside it is a steel core, which Raven’s body is meeting again and again!

Charlotte got her wind back, and dragged her opponent to the corner of the ring. She pulled her up to lean against it, and fired a couple elbows across her jaw. She then wrapped it around Raven’s wrists before throwing the rope over the top of the post. She dropped back down to the floor with one arm behind held over her head, but both of Raven’s were above her head as she was hung by her wrists. Harker then used her free hand to unload with haymakers to Raven’s jaw one after another. Body shots landed after that, and Raven couldn’t protect herself with her hands hanging above her head!

Zack: I’ve never seen this before! Charlotte has Raven’s arms tied over her head, and she’s using her free hand to literally pummel her! Haymakers and uppercuts galore, and there’s nothing Knight can do about it!

Claire: Charlotte might be hampered a little due to having one arm in an unnatural position but make no mistake about, these blows that she’s hammering Raven’s body with? They’re going to hurt a whole Hell of a lot regardless.

Raven absorbed several shots before she was able to stop Charlotte with a low blow kick between the legs. That almost sent Charlotte to her knees, but she was still hanging by an arm and couldn’t go down. Knight kicked her feet up onto the apron, and stood up to free her arms from the top of the post as Charlotte was now on her knees ringside, still reeling from the low blow. Knight wrapped the rope around her neck again, and hopped over the top rope to pull it up. She used all her strength to dangle Charlotte’s feet over the floor as she was hanging her with the bullrope.

Claire: Dear God, Raven’s using that rope to literally hang Charlotte!! Harker might not submit, but this will leave her completely unconscious in a hurry - if not a whole lot worse!

Zack: Raven didn’t take kindly to what Charlotte did with her a moment ago, and boy she’s paying it back now! She may have to quit!

The referee immediately went to the floor to see if Charlotte wanted to quit. He didn’t get an answer as she struggled feverishly with the rope to try to relieve the pressure around her neck. It wasn’t working till she managed to sit herself on the ring apron to where she wasn’t hanging anymore. Raven still tried to hang her though, but Harker got back to her feet and yanked her forward with the rope. She grabbed her head, and snapped it across the top rope like a stun gun. It sent Knight backwards, but the rope didn’t let her go far. Harker climbed back onto the apron and over the top rope into the ring. And as soon as she did, she collapsed to her knees again and resumed coughing heavily as she rubbed her neck. 

Zack: Charlotte got a burst of adrenaline there after getting free, but adrenaline can leave as quickly as it arrived. And now they are both on the mat trying to recover. What a way to kickstart the Anarchy division!

Claire: You can see this match is having one Hell of an impact on both competitors and you have to applaud the strategy from both. Harker exploiting her power advantage while Raven looks to saps that power and all the oxygen from her body.

It was Raven who got to her feet first, and wrapped the rope around Charlotte’s head over her eyes. She started pulling back on it as the rope dug into her face just before Knight started using the rope like a saw. She dragged it back and forth over Charlotte’s eyes, causing her to shout in pain. Once more, Charlotte was forced to try to pull it from her face but Raven released the rope and bounced her head off the cowbell on the mat. The camera showed the new rope burns that were forming around Charlotte’s eyes and on the sides of her head. 

Claire: That’s certainly a new and inventive way Raven is showing us right there of using that rope against her opponent. Look at those rope burns, Charlotte has to be in agony and I’d be very surprised if she can see anything right now!

Zack: I hope she got her eyes closed before all of that, not that it matters much now. Maybe there’s a reason FFW never booked a bullrope match.

With Charlotte clutching her face in pain, Raven rolled out of the ring to the floor and flipped up the apron. She found a bottle of lighter fluid, and rolled back inside. The referee immediately descended on her as she started pouring it over the rope itself, or at least her half of it. 

Zack: Uh oh...The rope is legal in this match….but she’s not pouring lighter fluid on it out of boredom! The referee has as much a chance of reasoning with her as it does snowing inside this building!

Claire: Well...I suppose Raven would argue that she is just using the rope like she’s been told. It just happens to be covered in lighter fluid...for now.

She dug into her boot next, finding a book of matches and bringing them out with a grin on her face. She struck one and lit up half the rope as the fire ran along for about half its length. Charlotte was still having trouble seeing as she looked to be grabbing for ropes that weren’t there. Parks started reading Raven the riot act as the flames engulfed part of the bullrope. 

Claire: Things are about to really heat up for the blinded Harker! She’s going to be a changed woman come the end of this contest!

Zack: I don’t know what she has in mind, but it’s nothing beneficial for Charlotte! I’m not sure she can even see what’s going on. She may be about to feel it though!

The referee rolled out of the ring to the floor as Raven descended on her opponent. She went to grab Charlotte by the hair and hold the rope up to it before a fire extinguisher started spraying from the apron. The referee had retrieved one from under the ring, putting the flames out before Raven’s attention diverted to him with a look of rage on her face! 

Zack: Parks did the right thing, and I think he’s about to pay dearly for it!

Claire: He might have just saved Charlotte, now he’d better pray that she gets her vision back quickly enough that she can save him. Raven’s wrath might just be a fate worse than death!!

Parks dropped the extinguisher onto the mat when Raven grabbed him by the hair, and started threatening him. The referee told her he did what he had to do, and Raven dragged him back into the ring. With one handful of his hair, Raven grabbed another matchstick from the book with her free hand. 

Zack: This won’t end well, get somebody out here! I mean it!

Just as Raven was about to strike the match, Charlotte pulled her backwards with the rope. But Raven adjusted to deliver a rolling elbow to her head as she got close. Knight scooped up the fallen fire extinguisher, threatening to hit Parks with it. When he ducked and covered his face, she blasted it upside Charlotte’s head and threw it away. The referee uncovered his eyes as Knight went for the cover!

Claire: Charlotte’s got doughnut eyes - they’re all glazed over!! And this count is academic!!!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

The referee called for the bell, and bolted out of the ring rather than risk getting close to Raven. She raised her own hand after getting to her feet instead.

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall…...RAVEN KNIGHT!!

Zack: And fire extinguisher too, Lexi! Look at Parks, he’s out of here and I don’t blame him in the least! Raven has won the first ever match in Future Shock’s Anarchy division tonight.

Claire: Raven had to work damned hard to do it though - Charlotte pushed her every step of the way. But you have to hand it to Knight, she saw an opportunity and fully exploited it to pick up a victory.

A trainer came out of the back to tend to Charlotte bringing wrapped up ice to hold against her eyes and face. Knight rolled out to the floor, and untied herself from the bullrope. 

Zack: I was expecting a lot of violence from the first ever bullrope match in FFW, but I didn’t expect that. I think Raven’s made a helluva case to be involved in the match where we crown Future Shock’s first Anarchy Champion. And Charlotte….she’s gonna need some medical attention from head to toe and especially her eyes, I think.

Claire: You’re right Zack. Raven’s beaten the woman hand picked to be in that match to crown the first ever Champion and left her laid out cold in the middle of the ring. She’s taken a huge step forwards and might just have put herself in pole position in Future Shock’s newest division.

Raven didn’t care about the crowd response as she strolled towards the back. She raised her hand once more before going through the curtain as the show headed elsewhere in the Future Shock Arena. 

A Date with Doom(sday)

Sara is shown trying to catch up with someone ahead of her backstage at the arena. All the viewers can see is blonde hair though before she finally gets to her, and we see that it’s Jane Strode of the Laurie Jane Experience.

Sara: Hi, Jane. I got a few things I wanted to talk about if you got a minute. I happen to know the next three shows are going to be a busy time for you, and Laurie at least in one case.

Jane: Hey Sara, yeah, I’ve got a couple of minutes to talk about what’s coming up. 

Sara: Well you have 3 matches on your dance card coming up. One of them was already announced for Global Wars on April 6th when you and Laurie challenge the Doomsday Sisters for the Future Shock tag titles. Your win over Trinity two weeks ago apparently impressed Adam and Bri enough to move you two to the front of the line, and now...you’re going to London to possibly become two time Future Shock Tag Champions.

A big grin spread across Jane’s face at the announcement.

Jane: That’s brilliant. Great news. Admittedly most teams wouldn’t think so...because, well, it is the Doomsday Sisters and I think everyone knows by now what they are capable of. I think everyone has seen how much they can hurt a person and that they’ll do whatever they have to do to get what they want - including running riot. But it’s rare that you get to challenge for any titles in Future Shock because it’s just that competitive. As shown by the fact that Trinity came within a hair of beating us two weeks ago. But, we’ll go to London, to Global Wars and we’ll give the Doomsday Sisters everything they can handle and then some. Laurie and I won’t be intimidated by them and we’ll be confident we can keep up our pretty decent record against them.

Sara: You won’t even have to wait till then to get in the ring with them. You got Sienna two weeks from tonight. Are you concerned at all by the fact that the last team that faced them is still recuperating from their match with the Sisters in November in TLC? I mean the Dragons still aren’t 100% and they aren’t exactly pushovers. 

Jane: No. No they’re not. I know that from personal experience. The Dragons are probably one of the fiercest teams we’ve faced. But, that was TLC and it was brutal and it did turn out to be more of a warzone than a wrestling ring. So...unless you’re about to drop a bombshell and tell me Adam and Bri have decided to make history again at Global Wars… I’m not too worried. As for Sienna in two weeks, I know that she’ll be tough and I’ll have to keep an eye out for Victoria getting involved. But it’s one heck of an opportunity to lay down a marker isn’t it? To prove to both of them that they aren’t going to have things their own way.

Sara: I’m glad you’re so confident. I’ve also been informed on the first show after Global Wars on the same night as we crown the 2021 Future Shock Cup winner, you’ll get to go one on one with Raven Knight. I know you’ve been itching to get in the ring with her after everything with Laurie. But we just saw her in the previous match, and well….that could be a long night for you.

Jane raised her eyebrows and let out an impressed sigh as she smiled at the reporter once more.

Jane: That’s a real rogues gallery lined up, isn’t it? An honest to God murderers row of some of the most dangerous and violent women, not just in Future Shock but in the world. You are absolutely spot on Sara, it could be a very long night. Raven just loves to beat people up and get paid for it. She loves trying to set people on fire and she’s been a thorn in our sides ever since we were forced into teaming up with her against the Matriarchy last year. When her and I step into ring after Global Wars, I’m certainly going to be looking for a little bit of revenge for her attacking Laurie over and over again and throwing fireballs in her face. It’s going to be a pretty long night for her too.

Sara: Not to mention the fact that Raven’s boy---

Sara didn’t get to finish the statement before Andy appeared behind her, making sure to keep the reporter between them.

Andy: You know what you should ask her, Sara. You should ask her why I keep getting these pictures she sends me all the time. Ask her if she’s trying to take Raven out of the picture to go after me herself. 

Sara looked back at him.

Sara: You’re saying Jane here is sending you pictures? Of her, I presume?

Andy: Mhmm. I got two of them on my phone that arrived after the show started. Both of them in bikinis, I might add. You tell me. When a woman is sending you pictures of her in a bikini, what are you supposed to think?

Sara: Well let’s see them then. While he finds them on his phone, Jane, would you like to respond to this? 

Jane nodded her head.

Jane: He’s an odious slimeball. If he was the last man alive, I still wouldn’t look at him once, let alone twice. Honestly, him being this close is about a one hundred yards too close. I feel like I need a shower - one of those they use after you’ve been exposed to toxins or radiation.

Sara: So you didn’t send him any bikini pictures tonight after the show started? Because he says he’s got them on his phone, and will show us in a second.

Jane: Sara, if by some chance I had his number in my phone, I’d be forced to burn the damn thing. It’d be the only way to get it truly clean. Besides, I’m not the type of girl that would like to steal a guy. Especially not one I find as repugnantly repulsive as Andy Marx. The very thought is making me nauseous. 

Andy: Here we go. In a black two-piece.

He held up his phone for Sara and the camera, showing that Jane was indeed in both shots wearing a black bikini. And it looked like she was on a boat too.

Sara: Those two look like they were taken on the cruise we had last summer. 

Jane shuddered.

Jane: Eeeewwww….he’s downloading photos of me to his phone. That’s...if I wasn’t feeling sick enough beforehand. Honestly, that’s just...creepy. Weird. You think I can get a restraining order against someone like him?

Andy: I’ve told her again and again I’m not interested, Sara. But she’s persistent, and I doubt it’s going to end well for her when she has to face Raven.

He then deleted the pictures from his phone before putting it away.

Andy: She just has to learn to keep her instincts in check, and show some respect for other peoples’ relationships. Good luck in your tag title match though.

He said with a grin before walking in the other direction...quickly. 

Sara: I’m pretty sure I’ve seen those pictures before since the cruise did have a few photographers there to document it for the website.

Jane: Like I said. He’s a slime ball. The lowest of the low. If Raven wants him and can tolerate him, more power to her. It takes all sorts, I guess. I just wish he didn’t have this weird fixation on me.

Sara: It’s gonna be a busy few weeks coming up for you and Laurie. Good luck in all three of those matches.

Sara gave the clearly disgusted Jane a pat on the arm before the show cuts to a commercial for Future Shock Global Wars on April 6th.

Updating with Adam

After the Global Wars commercial, we return to the live broadcast and find the Director of Future Shock alongside Sara, fresh off her chat with Jane a moment ago.

Sara: Adam, thanks for talking with me. I have a few things that should be addressed with you now that Global Wars is just 4 weeks away.

Adam: Hit me with them. 

Sara: Earlier tonight, we heard from River Campbell about the Future Shock Cup for 2021 that’s sitting outside your office. I’d like to know what the prize for the winner will be this year, and if you can shed any light on the mystery entrant.

Adam listened to what she had to say before he began.

Adam: Well the prize, other than that Cup, is going to be for a shot at the Nova Championship. Cait won it last year, and ended up getting herself the Diamond Championship. And I’ll get back to her in a minute. This year, the winner will be challenging for the Nova Championship at a later date. As for who the six thentrant in the match will be on April 20th?

Sara: DOC rattled off a lot of rumors about who it could be. 

Adam: All I’ll say on that right now is it is none of the people he heard it might be. He should probably stop taking everything he hears for the honest to God truth. It’s none of those women. It is true though that if River wins her match at Global Wars against Sydney, she’ll have a match for the Diamond Championship in her future. I think the five women in this match deserve to be there. For Angelina, I think it would mean the world to her as she continues trying to prove she isn’t the woman we once had roaming the halls of FFW. Anna Cortez has proven she is as much unlike her sisters as one could get, and impressed me in the ring. River has done the same. Despite dealing with her manager who...well he marches to the beat of his own drum...she has been in some high profile matches and always leaves it all in the ring. Jacqui, while I don’t necessarily see eye to eye with her on much, she can show me and the world how much she wants to make history in Future Shock in this four corners match. And Melody? She deserves to have a chance to stand in the spotlight. We know Madyson and Mikayla have already made names for themselves. I think Melody would like to show she is made of the same stuff as her sisters, and I wanted her to have this opportunity. 

Sara: But nothing on the sixth entrant you have for the match?

Adam: I told you who it wasn’t. And that’s none of the people DOC mentioned. Hell, I don’t think I even have any of their phone numbers if I wanted to invite them. I say we focus on the five known entrants right now. And everyone will find out about the sixth before too much longer. 

Sara: Alright then, you said something about Cait that you’d get back to.

Adam Good listening, Sara. On the next Future Shock in the main event, Cait Flanagan will complete her final match in Global Wars series before the battle royal. The only difference is that her title is on the line. She’ll defend against Madyson Stone with both her title and the lead position heading into Global Wars on the line with those next 2 points.  Remember the battle royal is worth 5 points to the winner, and absolutely anyone can still win this series. This has been the closest Global Wars series in the history of FFW, and victory is still attainable by everyone. I’m proud of them all for showing such competitive fire, even the ones who aren’t fans of me. We’ll finish the series itself on the next show, and then it’s off to Global Wars in London for the battle royal as well as two tag title matches and grudges too. And you know what?

Sara’s eyes perked up at this point.

Adam: Seems like a good place to introduce that six entrant in the Future Shock Cup. Right there in London at Global Wars on FFW All Access.

He gave Sara a wink before walking out of the camera shot, and that’s when Future Shock took a commercial break. 

« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 10:50:26 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 06:18:25 pm »

The bell sounds as Future Shock returns from the commercial break to the ring, where Lexi is ready and waiting to begin the main event introductions.

Lexi: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

Zack: This match is not for the Nova Championship. The next defense of that title goes to Mikayla Stone at Global Wars. But  Sydney could put herself right in line behind Mikayla tonight, not to mention add on two more points for Canada.

Claire: That has to be a huge motivating factor for Sydney coming into tonight. Canada has that history of success in Global Wars and we know that Sydney would love to not only continue that tradition but also have the Nova Championship in her hands too. She can take a massive step towards both those goals tonight.

The sound of a guitar strumming subtly begins to echo in the arena, leaving those in attendance wondering what is going on. The angelic voice of one Lzzy Hale of the band Halestorm is heard next, her voice serenely starting the opening verse of “I Am The Fire.”

Am I brave enough?
Am I strong enough?
To follow the desire
That burns from within
To push away my fear
To stand where I'm afraid
I am through with this
'Cause I am more than this
I promise to myself
Alone and no one else
My flame is rising higher.

As the song picks up the tempo, her voice becomes more intense, kicking into the chorus.

I am the fire
I am burning brighter
Roaring like a storm

Midway through the chorus, the curtains part and out walks the pride of Calgary herself, Sydney Christensen.  She steps out to the middle of the stage and juts her arms out on either side of her, tossing her head back as the fans show their appreciation. She picks her head up and slowly brings her arms in front of her, her index fingers pointing down to the ring. Dropping her arms to her side, she begins her march towards the ring, nodding at a few fans along the way. Once she reaches the ring, she hops up onto the apron and steps through the bottom and middle ropes. Almost immediately, Sydney walks over to the ropes and raises her arms above her head, encouraging the fans as they cheer on the proud Canadian. Sydney then walks over to one corner of the ring and rests her back against the turnbuckle, awaiting her opponent as her music fades out on one poignant line of the chorus.

And I am the one I've been waiting for
Screaming like a siren
Alive and burning brighter
I am the fire!

Lexi: Introducing from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, this is…...SYDNEY CHRISTENSEN!!

Zack: Sydney and her opponent tonight have met before well over a year ago, but when Arabella tried to even the odds for the Canadian that night, things went south in a hurry. I doubt she has to worry about Arabella getting involved tonight, and she can do herself and her country a lot of good with a win against the woman we are about to see.

Claire: Christensen has become one of the most ruthless talents in Future Shock and like I said, she has a massive opportunity tonight. I fully expect to see her do whatever it takes for her to pick up a huge win here.

Look out, they're closing in on you now
Wake up, or you’ll wake up six feet down
Nobody's got your back in this town
Knock 'em. In the. Teeth. NOW!

The intro to Set It Off's "Killer in the Mirror" starts on the sound system, and lights start blinking in random colors as Luna Cortez walks onto the entrance ramp. She's soon joined by her manager Christian Kincaid, as he stands right beside her to show her off for the crowd. She stops right before the ramp, taking a spin and stopping in a particular pose, winking for the cameras before turning on her heels and running her hands up her slender body and then bringing them above her head, only to then point to the ring... and then wave off the booing audience. Shaking her head, Luna then starts strutting down the entrance ramp, rolling her eyes at the fans in attendance as she makes her way to the ring.

Lexi: And her opponent, escorted to the ring by Christian Kincaid... From Fort Worth, Texas...She is the reigning Future Shock Nova Champion…..LUNA CORTEZ!

When Luna climbs into the ring, she makes her way to the ropes facing the hard camera, stepping onto the second rope and sitting on the top rope, her back turned to the hard cam and the audience, as she makes a pose similar to the one she did atop the ramp, winking at the cameras before she waves the crowd off once again and hops back down to the ring, making her way to her corner and sharing some last minute strategy with Christian.

Zack: The last time we saw Luna in the ring was two weeks ago when her partner at the time dropped her during their tag match together against Sydney and Alessandra. But even without her title on the line, Luna doesn’t want to risk dropping a fall here. She can tie the lead in Global Wars and potentially, if she can get past Mikayla again, push Sydney to the back of the Nova Championship contention line. 

Claire: I’m sure Luna will put what happened last time out behind her after all. And I’m sure she’s managed to do just that and put all the blame on Gemma Pierce for what happened. She’s not a woman who is short on self confidence or self belief after all and will do everything that she can to thin out the competition for her title.

Referee Ashley Pruitt checked for hidden objects before calling for the bell. And much like in her last match, Luna made a point of walking just out of arm’s reach of Sydney and holding up her Nova Championship. Sydney looked up at it with a scowl on her face, while Luna kept it on display above her head. Christian was still on the apron waiting to take it from her so she could start the match.

Zack: We’ve talked about how proud Luna is of that title, and anyone wearing it should be. But especially in this case, Claire, I think she might be poking the bear. Sydney’s been wanting it for quite some time now, after all.

Claire: I agree, any time you hold a title belt at this level you should be proud of the fact, but I don’t think Luna has the awareness to realise that she’s poking the bear of pouring fuel on Sydney’s fire here. Or if she does, she just doesn’t care.

Finally, the brunette turned around and headed back to her manager to give him the title. And that’s when Sydney blindsided her with a running forearm to the back of her head. It caused Luna to stumble forward and drop the title before Sydney dragged her down to the mat, and began pounding her head against the centerplate of it. Four shots landed before the referee managed to get it off the mat, and was about to hand it to Christian when Sydney took it from Pruitt.

Claire: Sydney had had enough. She picked her moment to strike and Luna’s gotten as close to that title as she could possibly ever have wanted to!!

Zack: Showing off that title really set something off in Sydney. And we all know it doesn’t belong to her, but I don’t think she cares. 

The Canadian held the title above her head to more boos from the Boston crowd, even though Dante was applauding her at ringside. He told the crowd they were looking at the rightful Nova Champion, but his applause was cut short as Luna made it back to her feet. She rushed Sydney with a charge into the corner, knocking the wind out of her before unloading with piston-like right hands to the side of her head. The blonde doubled over, and caught a kneelift in the face that caused her to drop the title this time. Cortez whipped her across to the far side, and charged in again with a running jumping knee strike in the corner followed by a belly to belly overhead suplex. Dante grabbed the title off the mat before Christian could get to it.

Claire: That’s certainly woken Luna up and sharpened up her focus on her opponent a whole heck of a lot. Sydney might regret parading with the title already.

Zack: When you mess with her title, Luna gets focused real quick! And Dante needs to give the Nova Championship back. It’s not on the line tonight!

When the Canadian got back to her feet, Luna buried a knee into her abdomen to double her over. But that was only long enough for her to grab her arms and drop her with a full nelson facebuster before rolling her over for the cover!

Zack: That was devastating! Luna’s a three count away from being in the lead with Cait!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOO!!!

Sydney kicked out at two, and Luna sat up enough to pull Sydney’s head up to drive right hands into it. She rolled back to her feet, and spotted Dante moving around the corner with her title. She ducked through the ropes, and grabbed him by the collar seconds before Christian reclaimed the Nova Championship from him and dropped him with a clothesline. 

Claire: Dante was playing with fire carrying that title around and Christian made sure he got burnt with one heck of a clothesline on the outside. It couldn’t have happened to a nicer man.

Luna turned around to find Sydney practically in her face when she charged her with a running European uppercut that snapped her head back. The powerful blonde hammered blows into her body before scooping her onto her shoulders for a Samoan drop. Sydney once again showed her brute power as she grabbed Luna around the waist, and scooped her up for what looked like a wheelbarrow facebuster. But instead she dropped her across the top rope. It landed against her abdomen, hanging the champion over the top rope before Sydney ducked between her legs and used an Alabama slam to send her crashing into the mat.

Zack: Raw power from Sydney. She doesn’t look like your atypical powerhouse, but she’s got plenty of strength in that body. Luna’s getting battered on both sides here.

Claire: Sydney got an opening and Luna is getting battered with high impact move after high impact move. She’s going to be black and blue tomorrow morning.

The Nova Champion struggled to get up before Sydney plucked her head between her legs. She hoisted the brunette up with ease, and darted towards the corner with a turnbuckle powerbomb. The only thing holding Luna up now was her arms hanging on the top rope as the rest of her body slumped against the corner. Sydney delivered another European uppercut before turning Luna around to face the crowd. She backed up to the opposite corner, measuring the champion before blasting towards her. Christian tried to warn Luna to move at this point. As soon as she got close, Luna dove out of the way and Sydney delivered a running shoulder tackle...into the steel post. Cortez took in deep breaths as Sydney clutched her shoulder in pain.

Zack: Damn, she practically speared the ring post instead of Luna’s spinal column right there! I mean she hit that corner like a rocket, and Luna has an opening.

Claire: Sydney could have dislocated her shoulder or maybe even fractured her collarbone right there. That steel is completely unforgiving and totally merciless.

Sydney slowly removed herself from the corner, and Luna immediately grabbed that sore arm. She used a judo throw to snap her over to the mat before sitting down into a Fujiwara armbar submission. The Nova Champion cranked back against Sydney’s shoulder, while the referee wheeled around to see if the Canadian wanted to stop the match. Sydney made it loudly clear she didn’t through gritted teeth as she tried to grab the bottom rope with her free hand. Christian gave Luna some advice that saw her start bending Sydney’s fingers backwards at the same time with severe joint manipulation.

Claire: And here is Luna’s mean streak on display. As if it’s not bad enough that she’s trying to make sure that shoulder is ripped from it’s socket, she’s doing everything in her power to make Sydney’s fingers damned near useless too as an insurance policy.

Zack: Luna’s not known for winning by submission, but I’m sure she’ll be happy to do so if she can make it happen. Your fingers are not designed to bend that direction, folks. More and more pain for Sydney, who is trying to find the ropes sooner than later.

The joint pain made Sydney grimace in pain before she used her free arm to make a desperate pull towards the ropes. She reached them and got the break on a four count by the referee. Luna got to her feet, already talking down to her asking her if she thought she had a chance in hell of taking a title from her. The smack talk seemed to work against her though when she pulled Sydney to her feet, and got surprised with a jawbreaker instead. It wobbled the champion backwards before Sydney got to her feet. A roundhouse kick to the jaw put Luna down quickly before Sydney rubbed her shoulder.

Zack: Maybe she doesn’t need that arm too much after all. Luna got her molars resettled off that roundhouse. And our Canadian representative is trying to massage the pain out of her left shoulder meanwhile.

Claire: That was one heck of a kick from Sydney and it certainly put the brakes on Luna’s offence in a hurry, but how much damage has been done to that shoulder? How much of Sydney’s go to offence has it taken away from her?

When she spotted Luna starting to rise again, she grabbed her arm and delivered a punt into her sternum. That stopped her briefly, and gave Sydney time to scoop her onto her shoulders. She walks to the corner, climbing up to the second turnbuckle from the inside before falling backwards with a second Samoan drop, this time from the middle rope. She rolled the champion over, and immediately hooked the outside leg with the good arm.

Zack: There’s a new wrinkle in Sydney’s game, a middle rope Samoan drop! Let’s see if it makes for a three count!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

TH-NO.

Luna popped her shoulder off the mat, and Sydney immediately transitioned into her figure four necklock. She snapped her ankles together, pushing Luna’s chin into her body as Sydney leaned back on one elbow to apply the pressure. 

Claire: We’ve seen this hold be successful plenty of times before and the good thing for Christensen is that it doesn’t require her to use her arms at all - just those thick, powerful legs of hers and can put Luna to sleep.

Pruitt asked Luna about stopping the match, but she said no to that question. Sydney kept the pressure applied though, telling her to quit. Christian moved around closest to Luna from the outside, giving her some advice as her face was starting to darken due to lack of oxygen. Meanwhile, Dante was attempting a chant for Canada...though no one in Boston seemed interested. 

Zack: Good luck getting these fans to start chanting for Canada, Dante. Besides right now, I don’t think Sydney needs a rallying cry. She’s got Luna in a bad way. 

Claire: God loves a tryer and everyone knows Dante is very, very trying at the best of times. Though, right now, I think these fans view Luna as the lesser of two evils - if only because she’s representing the USA right now.

Christian continued shouting advice to Luna before she started trying to sway back and forth. Sydney tried to stop her, but Luna managed to use her hands to turn them both around and allow her to get her foot under the bottom rope. Pruitt called for the break, but Sydney kept it applied till the four count. Slowly a “USA!” chant began to fill the Future Shock Arena as Sydney got to her feet, realizing the fans were supporting Luna all of a sudden.

Zack: I can’t believe what I’m hearing. Maybe they think it’s the lesser of two evils, but I’ll be damned if this crowd isn’t getting behind Miss Future Shock America!

Claire: I’m sure Luna will say it’s about time the people started to get behind the person who has arguably given the hometown team the best shot at winning Global Wars for the first time.

Surprisingly the chant seemed to help as Luna began to get to her feet slowly. Sydney scowled and went to get her before Luna started blasting away with right hands one after another. She whipped Sydney across for the ride, and caught her with a big boot to the face on the rebound. Cortez hit the near side ropes for a leg drop before she made the cover!

Zack: Big boot and a leg drop! Where have I seen that?! Luna’s going for the win!

ONE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

TH-NOO!!!

Sydney kicked out before the three came down, and Luna got back to her feet. She looked around at the crowd chanting for the USA, and started to grin. Sydney was slow to make it to her feet before Luna darted towards her with a double knee facebreaker!

Claire: Luna’s starting to feed off the crowd chants for her and Sydney’s dazed after taking both her knees to the face right there!!

She rolled back to her feet as Christian cheered her on, while the crowd continued to chant for their home country. It still seemed to take Luna off guard to hear the fans behind her before Christian told her to stay focused. She moved around behind Sydney as the blonde was starting to get back to her feet.

Zack: Luna has never had these fans behind her since she arrived in Future Shock, and I think it’s taking her by surprise! It certainly is me. But she’s got Sydney in trouble and needs to stay focused!

Claire: Christian is certainly trying her best to get her to keep her eyes on the prize here and at the moment, Luna certainly seems to be paying attention to her manager.

Sydney barely had gotten to her feet before Luna scooped her up from behind into her double chickenwing facebuster! But Sydney broke her grip and pulled her down into a tight rollup instead before the referee dropped to make the count.

Zack: She’s going for the LUNA EC--NO!!

ONE!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Pruitt called for the bell to boos from the American crowd. Sydney rolled away to the ropes before a smirk started to form on her face. 

Claire: Sydney had enough strength to break Luna’s grip right there and surprised her with a roll up. Luna never saw it coming and Sydney might have just shot herself up the Nova Championship rankings in three short seconds right there!!

Lexi: Your winner by pinfall………….SYDNEY CHRISTENSEN!!!

Dante was exuberant on the outside before climbing into the ring. He began waving the Canadian flag proudly as the scoreboard ticked up 2 points, moving Sydney into a tie with Cait for first place. 

Zack: Quick thinking from Sydney has put Canada right back in the pole position of Global Wars. And that’s not a position unfamiliar to Canadian women who have competed in this series in the past. 

Claire: Canada has a storied history in this event and Sydney could well add to that this year. Though, at the moment, this is anyone’s to win heading towards the Battle Royal on April 6th in London, England!!

Zack: I’m being told that the main event and the final match of the Global Wars series before the battle royal is gonna be for championship gold! It’s gonna be the Diamond Championship on the line when Cait defends her title and tries to retake the lead in Global Wars against Madyson Stone!

Claire: That’s going to be one heck of a match right there. Madyson has been stymied left and right and centre in her quest to get her hands on that title. But you know this has to be the match that she wants most. Cait Flanagan one on one with the title on the line.

Sydney ignored the fans after giving them an obscene gesture for booing her victory, while Dante praised her effusively. And with the maple leaf waving behind her as she stood tall clutching her shoulder, Sydney was the last image seen before Future Shock faded off the air.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 10:51:56 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: