Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 07:24:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Jake The Agent?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jake The Agent?  (Read 84 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: March 25, 2022, 05:01:39 pm »

Off Camera

It was like clockwork. You could practically time it. Every Thursday at 8pm with rarely any deviation, either Adam Grant or Jake Chandler would call one another to catch up. Living on opposite sides of the country, it wasn’t like they could just go hang out. And the one day of the week they were in the same location, which would be Future Shock events, Adam was always pretty busy and Jake didn’t want to get in his way. But as Jake’s phone started ringing, he already knew who it was before he even touched the screen to accept the call.

Jake: Hi, Adam. How’s it going?

Adam: Not bad, not bad at all. Everyone’s good here. You?

Jake: I’m alright. I’ve been doing a little redecorating since Scarlett moved out a while back. And other than getting used to it being quiet around the house again for the last several weeks, it’s been fine.

Adam had heard about the pair splitting up a little while back, but unlike past relationships Jake had, this one didn’t seem to leave a bad note of any kind.

Adam: I’m happy to hear it. You and she were together for a while, so I’m glad there was no mishap or anything that messed it up or left you mad at one another.

Jake: None at all. We’re still friends. No hard feelings.

Adam: That’s always best. Back to the dating scene, right? 

Jake: No, I don’t consider myself on the dating scene.

That prompted a couple thoughts in Adam’s head, pondering if Jake was done with dating again for a little while. He was about to follow up when he got interrupted.

Jake: Let me ask you something. Do you think I’d make a good agent?

That question caught Adam from left field.

Adam: An agent? You mean like helping someone get outside sponsorships and gigs to earn extra money for you and them? Like Carson does?

Jake: Well not like Carson. He’s been doing it for a long time, and makes a lot more than I probably would. But I got to thinking the other day that I have a lot of connections from doing PR work for FFW. I’ve made some good friends in a variety of businesses that seem to like me, and I think I could use that to help someone grow their brand and make a little extra cash on the side.

Adam chewed on that mentally for a moment.

Adam: I didn’t connect those dots, but you’re right. You do have a lot of friends in different fields. And you probably could do it.

Jake: I thought so too. It’s something I’ve been thinking about. I don’t have any clients I’d hit up about it that immediately come to mind, because most of them….well I’m an unproven commodity on that end of things.

Adam: Well I think that your best best is to ask some of those contacts, see who they would like to work with and then go to that person to see how they feel about it. That’s the way it starts, least as far as I’ve seen.

Jake: This is why I run these things past you, Adam. You give good advice. I’ll make some calls around tomorrow, and see who all I might arrange something with in FFW or Future Shock. As long as they are ya know…nice and all.

Adam: Yeah, but even the not nice girls like to make extra cash if they can. But I think you’re on the right track. And who knows? You could end up sitting across from me one day negotiating contracts for someone on my roster.

Jake: Ha! Let’s not go that far yet. Right now, I’m just thinking of what kind of projects I could help set up for friends. But if that happens one day, well….I wouldn’t expect any favoritism.

Adam: Don’t worry, you wouldn’t get any. There are friends….and then there’s business. I keep them separated at all times. Did you decide if you were going to Japan for the show Saturday?

Jake: Yup! And I’ll be there for Future Shock too. Beats sitting around the house, which is pretty much what I do most of the time lately anyway.

Adam: Great, I’ll see you there then.

Jake: Sure thing. Good night, Adam!

The call ended as Jake started to scroll through his contacts list and began thinking of people he knew he might could earn some extra cash.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: