Femme Fatale Wrestling
April 19, 2024, 09:49:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

I Had A Friend Named Josh

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I Had A Friend Named Josh  (Read 110 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: June 28, 2022, 12:50:55 pm »

I realize that the majority of you will not recognize who I'm talking about with this post. But I had a friend named Josh, and I found out yesterday that he died last year. Josh was part of FFW in its earliest days to around 2014. Before that, he was part of the last efed I ran called EWC, which closed a few months before I opened FFW. Last night as I write this, I learned that he passed away. I had no idea, and what's worse is it happened in April over a year ago.

In this fed, he primarily played two characters. One in FFW named after two cars, and another in Future Shock. After he left this hobby around 2014, I lost track of him and didn't hear from him again. But I've known him for over a decade at this point, and even though I hadn't spoken with him in a while, the loss still hit me. I never thought I'd see one of my former players pass away, certainly not at his age. While we didn't always agree on everything, I have a hard time thinking about anyone I did agree on everything with. I'm not sure that exists.

The point of this post, even though I know most of you won't know who I'm talking about, is to remind us what a small community this is. To  possibly give a thought to that friend you had sometime back, but haven't talked to in a long while. I regret that I didn't check in with Josh, and only hope he felt like he accomplished everything he wanted before he died. He left behind two children and a wife. If you want to know more, there's a link below.

https://obituaries.pressrepublican.com/obituary/joshua-bechore-1082122631

I just wanted to do something to commemorate a longtime friend that I wish I had gotten to talk with one more time. I'll miss my friend. Remind yours how you feel about them.

Here's to you, Josh.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: