Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 29, 2024, 10:04:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 120

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 120  (Read 122 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: August 09, 2022, 03:49:04 pm »

The instrumental version of “Boom” by the X Ambassadors starts to play as we open on Jake and Gia arriving at an empty studio. Only the video wall behind them is there as they look around and at each other confused. Suddenly the video goes into fast forward as suddenly production staff immediately start moving in the furniture. The pair watch as the staff moves at a pretty quick pace (thanks to fast forward) and get everything set up: chairs and table too. The two hosts look pleased with that before they sit down. One staffer places Gia’s crown on her head, bringing a smile to her face before the After Shock logo appears on the video screen before the camera zooms in on it. A bolt of electricity appears and then we cut inside the studio to see Jake and Gia sitting on opposite sides of a table. Behind them are balloons with 150 in gold swaying.

Jake: Hi, everyone! Welcome to After Shock…the 150th episode!

As he said it, confetti fell to the floor behind where he and Gia were sitting. And the video screen started showing fireworks.

Gia: Happy 150th to us! Feels like just yesterday I was starting out here.

Jake: I know, right? I’m Jake Chandler, and this is my co-host for those who are new to the show and need someone to simp for, Gia Lynne! And on today’s show, we’ll be covering the last show before we head to Sydney, Australia on the 30th and catching you up to speed from last week. Plus there will be After Shock facts we’ll be sharing throughout that you may or may not know.

Gia: With the amount of DMs I get, trust me when I say I have plenty of simps. But there’s always room for more! I personally am very excited to go to Australia, even though it means a 20-plus hour flight. First though, I think we have a show to cover, don’t we?

Jake: Of course! But first, some After Shock trivia. That was not the original name for this show. When it first aired, the show was called the Reboot Rundown to coincide with the relaunch. Well…it didn’t take long for them to realize that name was crap compared to After Shock! Anyway, why don’t you catch everyone up to speed on the debut of Nessa Wall when she faced Aviva?

Gia: Speaking of bad names, the Snarktopus had her attitude on full display in her first match back in nearly eight years. But I think she made some big mistakes during that match - namely, treating Aviva like a small child. She may be a rookie, but we’ve seen some promising stuff out of Aviva and there were a few times that she nearly had Nessa. If she’s going to treat the rest of the roster the way she did Aviva, that’s going to grate on a lot of nerves in the locker room.

Jake: Which brings me to our first news item. I was backstage for that show, surprise surprise. And as soon as Aviva came through after the match, she immediately went to Adam’s office and wanted another round with Nessa. He granted it, and that match has been added to the Sydney Supershow.

Gia: I doubt Nessa’s level of respect for Aviva will have changed by then, but I’m looking forward to seeing Aviva kick the ass of the Snarktopus. Seriously though, that’s one of the worst nicknames I think we’ve ever had on this roster.

Jake: Well…we didn’t give it to her, so don’t blame our marketing team for those who aren’t fans. Though I think now she prefers to be referred to as Ambitchious. I’ve seen her logo with that and a flamingo.

Gia: Okay, that one isn’t AS stupid. A flamingo though? Anyway, enough about Nessa and her dumb nicknames. We found out who Madyson Stone’s next challenger will be for the Nova Championship in a match between Ashley Whitmore and Gwen Margolis. And while Ashley did a bang up job here, Gwen’s surprising level of veteran instinct won out. So it’ll be Gwen versus Madyson in Gwen’s first ever title opportunity in Future Shock, and I think only her second singles title match ever.

Jake: Not to mention her first match on a Future Shock event. They don’t get any bigger than the Sydney Supershow for this brand. Also another match was added to that show between Charlotte Harker and Sapphire Taylor. It’ll be No DQ for the Anarchy Championship. If Sapphire wanted Charlotte’s attention, well she’s got it now.

Gia: Yes she did! I wonder how badly Sapphire’s going to regret this - even if she wins, Charlotte Harker hits hard and hits often. And we also have Anarchy hopeful Ruby Tyler as the special guest referee for this match. We’ve really got Ruby out here doing double duty, hm? Both as a competitor and as a ref for Anarchy title matches.

Jake: Well she’s done it before, and it went pretty well. Why not again?! Before we continue, let’s talk about two major news items coming out of Unstoppable 13. If you haven’t watched it, you really should. For one, we have a brand new Future Shock Champion in Jacqui Minogue. And for two, Adam Grant will not have to quit his job because Missy won her match with 5 time FFW Champion Scarlett Kincaid!

Gia: I think we can all take a minute to congratulate Jacqui, no matter what your opinion of her happens to be. She’s been chasing that title for a very long time, and Sydney is a hell of a competitor. So it’s got to feel really good for her, that she gets to go back to her home country of Australia as the Future Shock Champion. It’s going to be quite the homecoming for her, I think.

Jake: I know you were pulling for Missy too, because you didn’t want to see Adam leave his job as the Future Shock Director.

Gia: Oh, absolutely. Nothing against Cody, but I think given the rapport Adam has with the staff and the locker room, him no longer being the Future Shock director would have been weird. So I was very glad to see Missy walk out as the winner, especially over someone like Scarlett Kincaid.

Jake: I was pulling for her too. Adam had a lot of complimentary things to say about what happened on the show too. He pretty well made it clear his issues weren’t with Scarlett as much as her husband. I thought that was pretty honorable of him. Would you like to cover Latina Heat’s first ever Future Shock interview?

Gia: Jake, I’m pretty sure Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson, and the entire broadcast team at Fox News have told less lies combined than Latina Heat did during that interview. About the only true thing they said is that they’ll be in a steel cage match in Sydney against the Shaolin Belles, who may very well be our tag team champions at that point.

Jake: I was in the Belles’ locker room, which probably isn’t a surprise to anyone. And their reaction…well….nothing that was said put a smile on their faces. I’ll put it like that. But you’re right about them potentially being tag champions by then, which we’ll get to. But speaking of the tag champions, Target Acquired teamed up with River to face the Matriarchy in what started out as a wild brawl before the bell ever sounded.

Gia: This match was nuts from the word go. But, given who was in it? I really enjoyed watching it. I actually appreciate the Matriarchy’s skill and power when they’re not taking shortcuts - and I think part of what annoys me about them doing so is that they don’t need to. Seeing River teeing off with Jacqui makes me think we might be seeing a preview of a title match in their future, and of course then you had the Doomsday Sisters matched up with Target Acquired. River and the tag champs ended up on the winning end of this, but it could’ve honestly gone either way.

Jake: No kidding, that looked more like a tornado tag throughout most of it than it did a six woman tag match. Before we look ahead at the next show in Lexington, Kentucky, another After Shock tidbit! I’ve been co-hosting this show since the 13th episode. That’s a lot of shows with a few co-hosts, to say the least. I texted Arabella that same day, and told her she was still my favorite partner for a lot of reasons. But being on After Shock might come in at number 2!

Gia: I think I might be your longest-tenured co-host, too.

Jake: Indeed, that’s why you have the crown and part of the intro. And the reason most of the guys tune in to the show. What say we talk about the last show before we get on board that long flight to Sydney? We’ll be in Lexington, Kentucky at the Broadbent Arena on August 16th. And you already know the main event! It’ll be for the Future Shock Tag Team Titles!

Gia: This is gonna be great, and I think everyone wins here. Their last match saw the Belles taking the win, but Nadia and Alessandra are champs for a reason. They could just as easily walk out with a retention. It’s going to be an all-around treat for everyone watching, that’s for sure.

Jake: And just to be safe, the Latina Heat will be barred from ringside. A little proactive planning from management there, don’t you think?

Gia: May want to lock them in a windowless room just to be on the safe side. Those two have a knack for ending up where they aren’t wanted.

Jake: We were talking about Gwen earlier, and she’s going to have a test and a half in Lexington before she goes to face Madyson in Sydney. This is another match where the fans will win, if you ask me.

Jake: Who do you like between Gwen and Future Shock’s Wrestler of the Year River Campbell, Gia?

Gia: This is another tough one to call. River has more experience on a big stage, but Gwen’s a bit of a chameleon, as we saw in her match against Ashley. River’s going to have to prepare for all sorts of offense and counters, but I think these two are pretty well matched. River could take this one, but I can also see Gwen pulling something out of nowhere that gets her the win.

Jake: And then, it’s the battle of two undefeated streaks since their arrival in Future Shock. I’m looking forward to this one. A lot.

Jake: The self-professed “Forever Champion” and number one contender to Nadia’s Diamond title, Ashley Marie Chase, will meet Serafina DeCaro! I don’t think this is going to be a good night for Kyle or Ashley.

Gia: Neither do I, quite honestly. Serafina has that whole Buddhist patience and concentration thing going for her, but if there’s anyone who could make her snap, it’s Ashley Marie Chase. My money’s on Serafina, unless Kyle and Ashley have something spectacular cooked up between the two of them.

Jake: I don’t like their chances there, but we’ll find out. It’s August 16th in Lexington for the last Future Shock before we head for Sydney, Australia for the Sydney Supershow. Next time you see us, we’ll have the full card for you ready to discuss. Until next time, thank you for watching and for 150 episodes!

He turns his attention to discuss something with Gia as the show fades to black.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: