Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 29, 2024, 05:35:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 122 - Future Shock Cup Special

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 122 - Future Shock Cup Special  (Read 74 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: September 21, 2022, 06:06:15 pm »

OOC Note: This show won’t post till Wednesday at the earliest because I won’t know who won the tournament matches till after judging ends Tuesday night.

The instrumental version of “Boom” by the X Ambassadors starts to play as we open on Jake and Gia arriving at an empty studio. Only the video wall behind them is there as they look around and at each other confused. Suddenly the video goes into fast forward as suddenly production staff immediately start moving in the furniture. The pair watch as the staff moves at a pretty quick pace (thanks to fast forward) and get everything set up: chairs and table too. The two hosts look pleased with that before they sit down. One staffer places Gia’s crown on her head, bringing a smile to her face before the After Shock logo appears on the video screen before the camera zooms in on it. A bolt of electricity appears and then we cut inside the studio to see Jake and a special guest sitting on opposite sides of a table.

Seated on the table between them was the silver and gold Future Shock Cup. It shined brightly under the studio lights.

Jake: Hi, everyone! Welcome to the latest edition of After Shock! Today, we’ll be getting you ready for the Future Shock Cup one night event on the next show where one of six women will win this Cup right here. It’s worth over $25,000 and the winner will also collect a contract to face anyone in Future Shock they want. And if their choice has a title, it can be on the line. I’m Jake Chandler, bane of fired referees apparently and today I have the pleasure of being joined by the reigning Anarchy Champion Charlotte Harker.

The camera pulls back to show the Moose with her title on the table in front of her, which also shines under the lights.

Jake: Charlotte, welcome to After Shock. I’m sure you’d agree there was plenty to reflect on after our last show.

Charlotte: It was a real barn burner coming hot on the heels of Sydney and everything that went down in Australia. And we had the privilege to see some of the women we’re going to be talking about tonight in action…and who knows, maybe one of them will be brave enough to step up to the plate to try and take down the Moose and step into what is becoming a crowded Anarchy Championship picture.

Jake: Since you brought it up, we can begin there. Kristina Spencer decided to start her first full night as a Future Shock roster member going after the referee from your match in Sydney. I can’t see any particular cause for her to do it, but I don’t get the sense she needs a reason to be violent…just an opportunity.

Charlotte: I think that you might be right there Jake…though she might have a reason. Given that she decided to stand right in front of me, staring me down in Sydney when she signed her Future Shock contract. There’s a chance that she might just be trying to jump the queue and move ahead of Ruby Tyler in the queue to face me. OR, maybe, she’s getting ahead of herself. Perhaps she believes Ruby will beat me in Vegas in a rumoured Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal match and is making sure that Tyler has a reason to want to put Spencer in her crosshairs and put the Anarchy Championship up for grabs as she does so. If that’s the case, and I’m the Wicked, I’d be really careful about backing the wrong horse.

Jake: That’s an interesting concept to me, meaning Spin the Wheel Make the Deal. I’ve seen it once or twice in all the time I’ve been part of the wrestling business, certainly a first for Future Shock. I assume that requires a little bit of flying by the seat of your pants since you don’t know what you may be involved in till the night of. It’s hard to strategize, I’d imagine.

Charlotte nodded her head.

Charlotte: To some extent, yeah. There are some things that you hope aren’t on the wheel. Things like a ladder match - just as an example - something where I might be giving up a little bit of a speed advantage. For other matches that might be on there…well, I can probably get by doing the things I do best and back myself for success. Though I might spend a couple of weeks seeing if I can’t improve my submissions a little bit. Just in case a submissions match is on the wheel and the fates are against me.

Jake: Ehh, I think you’d have the advantage in a ladder match personally though. You’re a fair bit taller than a lot of the women on the roster, so I don’t think you’d have to climb nearly as high to grab the title if it comes down to that. But I’ve also heard some of the matches involve electricity, can’t confirm though. We’ll see the wheel on the next show, I can confirm that.

Charlotte: Perhaps my height is an advantage…but I still have to get up high enough. And if electricity is on the wheel? There’s not much I can do to make myself less conductive apart from consider getting some new, modified rubber ring gear, go out there looking like some kind of dominatrix.

There was a shrug of her shoulders.

Charlotte: Que sera sera, right, Jake? I can try and make the best preparations I can and see what happens when the wheel spins.

Jake: Last week, Charlotte, we got to see a whole lot of the Motor City Maidens, didn’t we? Stephanie pretty much called Serafina out for her match…and that didn't go well for her. Not to mention Gwen was this close to making Fiona tap out before the Sullivan girls hit the ring to try and take her out entirely. But that didn’t go to plan.

Charlotte: In their home city they tried to make their presence known. Stephanie wanted to get some form of revenge on Serafina from a match God knows how long ago. Gwen was handing out a receipt to Fiona…and when it came down to it, Gwen had some friends in the back to help her out. The Sullivans and Fiona and Kyle might need to rethink some of their plans going forwards, especially if these are the fights they’re picking - one of Future Shock’s hottest prospects, someone who hasn’t been beaten since she returned and the current Nova Champion.

Jake: The Maidens don’t impress me as liking it when the sides are even, but we’ll be talking about them again shortly when we get to the next card. As a former tag team champion, what do you make of Daniela and Alessandra’s match? Are you impressed by the Heat at all?

Charlotte: If nothing else, you’ve got to hand it to the Heat when it comes to them working well together if nothing else. That solidarity is always going to make a tag team dangerous in any company and much like Shaw and I, they find a way to win no matter the odds. Do I think that in a fair fight either of them could go one on one with either Alessandra or Nadia? Maybe, but I don’t think they’d win it. If they challenge Target Acquired, they’d better hope it’s both the officials get wise to all their stunts and tricks otherwise it could be a very, very long night for them.

Jake: Last thing I’ll bring up is something I’m pretty sure people know how I feel. Would you like to share your thoughts as they pertain to Malcolm Parks, former FFW referee?

Charlotte: He’s having a really bad week isn’t he? First he gets laid out by Rocky Chandler. Then the Heat don’t give him a second look…or even remember his name. Then he got his teeth kicked down his throat and thrown out into the gutter. All of which he pretty much brought down on his own head. He should never have compromised integrity for a pretty smile. It’s a lesson for referees everywhere.

Jake: If you missed any of the show or want to see it again, it’s streaming on demand through FFW All Access right now. The service also has every FFW and Future Shock show in history, every SVW show in history as well as some fun documentaries, including some footage from the pool party a few weeks back if you want to see the Future Shock girls having a good time at the water park we visited. The latest documentary features the return of Scarlett Kincaid, including behind the scenes footage of her preparation to return at Unstoppable 13. We also have a special that shows the life of the Shaolin Belles. Lots of stuff to watch. That’s an awful lot of content for ten bucks a month, I think.

Charlotte: Probably the best deal in wrestling. Some of those documentaries should be put up for awards in my opinion. And of course, having every single show in FFW, Future Shock and SVW history…there are some momentous occasions that you can relive. It’s an absolute steal for ten dollars - we’re pretty much giving it away.

Jake: Now let’s turn our attention to the next edition of Future Shock on September 27th. That’ll be the Future Shock Cup special I was talking about earlier.

He gestures towards the gleaming Cup sitting between him and Charlotte.

Jake: This $25,000 valued Cup and a Pick Your Poison contract are on the line that allows you to face anyone in Future Shock you want all the way up to the Pure Championship. You get to pretty much call your shot, but the six women entered will have their stamina tested. They’ll have to go through a qualifying match and the winners progress to the main event for all the marbles.  Just think, Charlotte. One of these women who wins….might be looking you up just as much as Ruby and Kristina are right now.

Charlotte: More fool them if they do. My advice is to stick to the Pure Championship and the Future Shock Championship because this Moose will trample you if you want to put yourself in my way. As for what the six women who are challenging for the Future Shock Cup, I agree that they have their work cut out for them. It’s not an easy task to wrestle twice in one night and for one person, they’re probably going to have to do it back to back with almost no rest. That’s one heck of a test and as we saw back at Global Wars with both Arabella and River, you really need to play it smart to stand a chance at victory and taking home the Cup and the contract.

Jake: Let’s find out the order of events. The first match that night will have the winner getting the most recuperation time of anyone, which could play a big part in how the evening progresses. And what will be the first match?

Jake: It’ll be Ashley Marie Chase meeting a familiar foe in the form of Aviva Miller. Who do you like here, champ?

Charlotte: I’ve got to be honest with you Jake, this is a tough one. You’ve got Aviva on one side of the ring who has shown all the potential to one day be the Future Shock Champion if not more…but her lack of experience maybe counts against her a little bit. She’s struggled at times to string all that potential together into a bell to bell performance - though she is getting better at that with every match. Chase, meanwhile, she’s looking to bounce back from a loss in Sydney with a title on the line and will want to restart that long streak she had of never getting pinned or made to submit. With her experience and with Kyle in her corner, preparing her for these nights, there’s every chance that she could secure herself a place in the final.

Jake: What match will be next that night?

Jake: The Serafina’s Revenge Tour continues. She’s marked every member of the Motor City Maidens since they all jumped her at the pool party. One down, and now the ringleader awaits. She’ll meet Fiona in a rematch from a few weeks ago on Future Shock. Who do you pick for  progressing here?

Charlotte: Again, there’s the Kyle factor in Fiona’s corner, those damned umbrellas of hers…and always the possibility that we might see the Sullivan sisters appear. I wouldn’t put it past them to continue to be O’Dalaigh’s lackeys, do her bidding and try to propel her to glory. There’s every chance that we might even see a repeat from the pool party where ‘Fina doesn’t make it out to the ring because she’s handcuffed to a door. If the Buddhist does though, she’s been on a tear lately and certainly seemed a little more fired up than usual against Stephanie. I might not want to be in Fiona’s boots, facing down that and it might be in her best interests to adopt a kitten, feed hungry puppies and donate cash to a homeless shelter to try and get karma on her side.

Jake: And then we have what could easily be the main event of any Future Shock show…but it also means the two women who will have absolutely no chance to recover between this and the next match.

Jake: The only dual champion in the whole company right now, Nadia Beaulieu of Target Acquired, meets the Snarktopus for the first ever one on one. Both women are quick, gifted, and Nadia is giving up a pretty sizable experience advantage. What do you think?

Charlotte: You’re right when you say Nessa has all the experience in the world and also all the talent in the world. There’s every chance that she could win this whole thing with that experience and the talent and the smarts that she has displayed throughout her career. The flip side of that coin though is her attitude. If she approaches this match the same way she did when she met Aviva Miller…if she takes Nadia for granted then she will get a rude awakening. Beaulieu has been on a tear since Global Wars and there’s a reason that she’s as highly decorated as she is. It’s certainly worthy of a main event and there’s definitely not much to choose between these two.

Jake: Like I said though, one of these women is really going to have their endurance tested. No time to recover. As soon as you get your hand raised, guess what? Your two opponents are already on the way down.

Charlotte: It’s the short straw, there’s no two ways about it. But these two are arguably the best suited to being in this position. Nessa is possibly one of the most experienced in the tournament alongside Serafina and will have a gameplan to conserve her energy. Nadia, meanwhile, might have made her name as a tag team wrestler, but when I’ve seen her in singles competition, she seems to have plenty of energy to burn. I’m sure that’ll help her in the final…and besides, you can always try to let the winners of the first two matches go at it while you try and recover somewhat.

Jake: We’ll see how the strategies work out. I’m going to make a prediction here, and you’re welcome to do the same. I find it really hard to bet against a woman holding two titles in one of the most competitive promotions on the planet. So I’m going to predict Nadia to take it all, purely based on that fact. Holding one title, as you know, is challenging enough. But two? In future Shock? Almost unheard of, she’s my pick. Who you got?

Charlotte: Hard to pick against her, sure…but not impossible given that she has no time to recover between matches. Serafina stands a chance if she gets past Fiona…but I’m going to go for someone that might be see as an underdog and pick Aviva Miller. We’ve seen that she has all the talent in the world; that she could go far and that she’ll have the most time to rest and recuperate. Plus, with the prize on offer and what the Cup has done for talents in the past, this could be the night it’ll all come together for Aviva and rocket her to the top. Unless she decides to face the Anarchy Champion. Then she’ll find that rocket ship to the moon crashes and burns into the middle of the Atlantic.

Jake: Speaking of that, we’ll be in Wildwood, New Jersey which is practically right next to the Atlantic. September 27th is the date to circle, and like Charlotte said, think about the past winners of the Cup. In Future Shock alone, both of the previous winners went onto become the Future Shock Champion, including the most recent winner who is holding that title right now. The Cup is a career-making victory for everyone who gets their hands on it.

Charlotte: You’re right. That cup. That contract. The opportunity to call your own shot and book yourself a title opportunity of your choosing. Yeah. You can strap a rocket booster to your back and go right to the top. For one of these six women, it’ll be the opportunity of a lifetime. One that money can’t buy…one that means they’ll give it their all in order to be the last woman standing coming September 27th.

Jake: On top of all that, if it wasn’t enough, we’ll get to see what possibilities await the Anarchy Champion when she defends her title at the end of November at the Sin City Spectacular. Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal. You and everyone else will get to see glimpses of a potential future when the wheel determines the fate of Charlotte and her challenger in Vegas.

Charlotte: Look forward to getting a look at the potential matches Ruby and I might have. I’m sure what was already going to be one of the most bloody, most violent, most hard fought contests between two of the best in the Anarchy division will prove to be even more scintillating when we see what Adam has placed on the wheel. Especially if there’s the possibility of electricity getting involved.

Jake: From what I’m told, electricity is just one of the potential elements to be included on that wheel. We’ll see what else is in store next week. Last but not least, we have some late breaking news, Charlotte. As this is being recorded, earlier today we heard from Adam on Twitter talking about Global Wars starting off in January. And man, there’s some heavy hitters already showing they want to join the fray! Aviva has been clear for a while she wants in, now we know that Sydney wants in, Latina Heat as a tag team wants in and the reigning Pure Champion, Missy, herself!

Charlotte: They are certainly all lining up to make it potentially one of the biggest, most hard fought and most spectacular Global Wars series in Future Shock history. Especially if all those heavy hitters make it in. As for the Heat…let’s be frank, if even one of them gets selected, it’s a fair bet the other won’t be far behind and will be offering support every step of the way.

Jake: Who else is gonna throw their name in the hat and try to represent their country next year? So far, the list of potentials is reading like a Who’s Who of women in Future Shock. Maybe we’ll see more of the girls wanting in by the time we get to New Jersey on Tuesday. Special thanks to the Anarchy Champion for joining me today, and we’ll all be watching closely September 27th as the 2022 Future Shock Cup is decided live on ESPN at 9pm Eastern.

Jake thanks the Moose before we see a quick recap of the qualifying matches as After Shock fades to black.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: