Femme Fatale Wrestling
January 29, 2023, 03:15:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

FFW No Surrender Championship

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFW No Surrender Championship  (Read 43 times)
Savannah Taylor
Staff
Main Eventer

Badges: (View All)
« on: November 19, 2022, 09:58:17 pm »

FFW.com Blogpost of Valerie McKinley

Womenís soccer legend Mia Hamm once said that it is more difficult to stay on top than to get there. While that is certainly true for most cases, especially in wrestling, I canít help but wonder something. If getting to the top is not seen as hard as staying on top, why is the hard work seen as second fiddle? I mean no disrespect to Mia Hamm, but sheís full of shit.

I am officially tired. I am tired of seeing opportunities slip through my fingers. I am tired of busting my ass in the lead up to something big, only to come up short. Itís damn frustrating to come up short time and time again. The thing that grinds my gears is the disrespect shown to me when I come up short.

So here we go again. Once again Iíve busted my ass and put in the work for yet another shot at the FFW No Surrender championship. It has been in my line of sight for the longest time. I could sit here and tell you that this was going to be the night where I finally get what I have been chasing for months on end. I could sit here and tell you that in the frigid cold of Minneapolis, I was finally going to be No Surrender champion.

OnlyÖ.Iíve seen this story happen before. Iíve said the same things, whether it be chasing the No Surrender championship of the Unity Tag Team championships. And we all know how THOSE stories have ended.

I wish I could say that I like you, Lilly, but I donít. I wish I could sit here and say that I respect you, but that is up in the air right now. Wait, I partially take that back. I respect what you have managed to accomplish as No Surrender champion.That is about as far as that goes. Everyone seems to love you. Everyone is blinded by your skills and enamored by your posh accent. They see you as someone who can be nice and respectful to someone, but give them hell inside of the ring.

I must have been absent when they handed out the memo about you respecting opponents. But that is okay, Lilly. Iím used to people not giving a shit.

I want you to think back, Lilly. I want you to think back to Unstoppable of last year from Wembley Stadium. You know that night very well. It was the night you won the No Surrender championship from the then Cassandra Steen, now Cassandra Sheffield. How very lovely it all was. You overcame every single challenge that your now sister-in-law threw at you, and you overcame it to win the Titanium championship, triumphant in your home country.

What a Lifetime Movie moment.

Letís look at the OPPOSITE side of the coin, the agony to your ecstasy. The match before yours? It was my match. It was myself and Elizabeth versus No Holding Back for the Unity Tag Team titles. Elizabeth and I gave EVERYTHING we had, we laid it all on the line. Did we come out on top as Unity tag team champions? Of course we didnít. Once again, we were left on the outside looking in, so to speak. So you see, while that night was a career high for you, for us? Not so much. But let me tell you what losses like that do to a personÖweíll use me for an example. For someone who is so used to getting everything that they have ever wanted, to find themself coming up short time and timeÖ..and time again, it has a way of wearing you down mentally. It has a way of making you question your very existence within this company. It makes you take a solid look around, see how things are happening, and make you want to just pack it up and call it a day. Trust me, this is just some of what Iíve been dealing with for months on end. But one morning,I woke up and something felt different. I didnít feel so melancholy. For the first time in a while, I felt the confidence creeping back in. Know how I did it?

I took a look in the mirror and reminded myself just who the fuck I am.

Iím more than just an Ivy League educated American aristocrat. I am more than just the only daughter of two prominent doctors. I am a damn good wrestler, and I have the credentials to prove it. Future Shock Champion? Done it. Future Shock Tag Team champions? Done it with the ever-so-gorgeous, not to mention future FFW Champion Lacey. Unity Tag team champions? Done it with Lacey. The one thing that I havenít had in FFW thus far is singles gold, which is a damn shame. Itís a damn shame because I should be a double champion by now. I should already be a two time Unity tag team champion, this time with the beautiful yet dangerous Elizabeth Lannister. And we all know that I should have already been No Surrender champion, but alas that was not to be.

Minneapolis, Minnesota. Red Alert. I finally take what has eluded me for the longest time.

Say whatever you want, Lilly. Tell me that Iím delusional. Tell me that Iím full of myself and Iím in over my head when it comes to not just you, but winning championship matches as of late. Iím a grown woman who can handle it. This match coming up at Red Alert is going to be the exact opposite of that fateful night in London when you won that. Hell, the fortunes are going to be reversed because Iíll be damned if I let this streak of disappointment and mediocrity continue. Iím coming for everything that I should have had in the first place. I am coming for MY place in the history books. I am coming for the No Surrender championship. But most of all, I am coming for you, Lilly. Iím taking your place at the top and I will usher in the new year as the NEW No Surrender champion.

To paraphrase a popular fictional sayingÖ..Mine is the fury. And you had best be prepared to feel it, Lilly.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: