Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 28, 2024, 08:15:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

After Shock Preview for Future Shock 125 - Throwback Show

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Shock Preview for Future Shock 125 - Throwback Show  (Read 68 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: November 01, 2022, 03:32:21 pm »

The instrumental version of “Boom” by the X Ambassadors starts to play as we open on Jake and Gia arriving at an empty studio. Only the video wall behind them is there as they look around and at each other confused. Suddenly the video goes into fast forward as suddenly production staff immediately start moving in the furniture. The pair watch as the staff moves at a pretty quick pace (thanks to fast forward) and get everything set up: chairs and table too. The two hosts look pleased with that before they sit down. One staffer places Gia’s crown on her head, bringing a smile to her face before the After Shock logo appears on the video screen before the camera zooms in on it. A bolt of electricity appears and then we cut inside the studio to see Jake and a guest host sitting on opposite sides of a table.

Jake: Hello, everyone. Welcome to After Shock, your one stop for all the Future Shock news. And this week’s show may be among the most anticipated we’ve ever done. Why? Because we’re gonna find out what all decisions you made for our throwback show next week. I’m Jake Chandler, and I’ve invited one of my favorite recurring guest hosts and an awesome person in general… Harley Shannon.

He gives her his full attention as he continues.

Jake: Welcome back to the show, and for the first time since I’ve been hosting….I don’t know what the card is going to be. We’ll find out together.

Harley: Hi Jake. Hi fans. It’s good to be here tonight to talk about the things we’ve got coming up. And yeah, it’s certainly going to be something of a magical mystery tour tonight as we find out what the fans wanted to see thanks to the polls Adam has been running for this Throwback edition.

Jake: We’ll get to all that momentarily. Let’s quickly catch up from last week’s show. The debut of Kristina Spencer went according to plan…at least if you’re her. She managed to put a damper on Ashley Whitmore’s burgeoning potential win streak…and also bit her several times too.

Harley: You have to feel a little bit for Ashley. Just as she thought that she had turned the corner and could get a little bit of momentum behind herself to climb the ladder she runs straight into a feral, wild animal. Kristina Spencer and her new entourage certainly debuted with a splash and definitely left us in no doubt over which division she wants to be in and which title she wants most.

Jake: No kidding, she definitely belongs in the Anarchy division. We also learned Shaw will be returning to the ring for the first time since her rematch with Missy in July to meet fellow Canadian Sydney Christensen. Sydney said on Twitter that was on her bucket list of matches she’s wanted. And whoever the Princess of Future Shock is…well apparently the fans in Washington didn’t deserve to see her, so she sent along her dress instead.

Harley: If you're Sydney Christensen this could be a double edged sword for her. On the one hand, you have Shaw coming back from a potentially career ending injury. Physically she’s passed all the tests and got the okay from the doctors, but until she steps into that ring and competes properly for a full match there’s a chance there might still be a small nagging doubt in the back of her mind. And who better in Future Shock than a technician like Sydney to put that knee through its paces? Though on the other hand, Shaw is going to want to get back on the winning trail and earn herself that Future Shock Championship shot so she might be as motivated as we’ve ever seen her. As for the Princess…

She shrugged her shoulders.

Harley: It was a really nice dress that she sent along, but I’m not sure any of the fans in Washington were crying themselves to sleep that she chose not to turn up.

Jake: I’ve had women cancel plans on me in the past, but none of them ever sent me the clothes they planned to wear for whatever or a picture of them. So that was new. Maybe she’ll feel like the throwback show is the right place to…do whatever it is she plans to do.

Harley: If not maybe we’ll get to be blessed by her shoes getting delivered by her page boy. Or perhaps she’ll send along her hairstylist or make-up artist to describe what they were going to do to get her presentable to the public?

Jake: I’m not too worried about who it is personally, obviously someone with a healthy ego. But anyway, onto the rest of the show. Madyson Stone continued her Nova reign as she attempts to eclipse her sister Mikayla’s run with the title over the Wrestler of the Year River Campbell. And for the first time in over five years, Missy returned to compete on Future Shock…very successfully, I might add.

Harley: River certainly pushed Madyson all the way in that Nova Championship match and I know she was disappointed with how it ended…but she’ll bounce back - and potentially very quickly. It’s a testament to how tough and determined Madyson is to leave her mark as the Nova Champion. As for Missy…well, short of the FFW Champion, I don’t think there’s anyone in this company that comes close to the roll that she’s on right now. She looks nothing short of unstoppable and is fully justifying her tag as the early favourite heading into Global Wars.

Jake: Seriously! She was definitely on form, to say the least. You’re right about River, I think she gave Madyson the biggest challenge she’s had so far with Gwen Margolis a close second. Speaking of that though, there’s going to be a #1 contender match at Red Alert to see who challenges Madyson next. It’ll be Arabella versus Fiona. Who do you like in that one?

Harley: Arabella. Let’s be honest and unbiased here, Jake. Fiona is pretty insufferable if only because of the way she loves to shove that weathergirl life down your throat. However, she’s good in the ring, she will pose Arabella plenty of questions and could find herself the number one contender. Also, I think that might be a match where it would be wise to have Angelina and yourself, or maybe Serafina at ringside, just in case certain people decide they want to make an appearance.

Jake: I’d just bar the Maidens from ringside personally, problem solved. Probably won’t come as a huge surprise, but I’m favoring Arabella in that one too. She might not have as much experience in the ring as Fiona, but she exceeds her everywhere else, as far as I’m concerned.

Harley: She certainly has the power advantage and the heart for a fight. But Fiona is wiley like the coyote and cunning and has Kyle in her corner making sure that she’s ready to make the most of this opportunity. That’s not something that can be overlooked.

Jake: Now that we’ve covered all that, are you ready to find out who and what the fans have chosen for the throwback show?

Harley: Yes I am. Let’s find out what the fans want to see this week and whether or not they’ve granted a couple of wishes for our competitors.

The monitor behind the duo changes from the Future Shock logo to a picture of the exterior of the Future Shock Arena.

Jake: For the first time this year, the girls return to the Future Shock Arena November 8th. The renovations are done, we’ve got more seating capacity and the place has been given an overall facelift too. It’ll be good to get back into it again.

Harley: The touring is nice, getting to see different parts of the country, getting to meet fans and realise just how many of them there are out there and the impact that you can have on their lives. But it’s always good to come home. Especially when it’s to a state of the art facility with pretty much everything that you could want as a wrestler.

Jake: It can hold about 10,000 people now, which is a little less than double what it held before. Plus I’m told FFW will be hosting some shows there in 2023 too. Anyway, let’s get to the polling results, shall we? We’ll start with the match between Kristina Spencer and Ruby Tyler, where our viewers got to pick the match type.

The screen shows the three matches: First Blood, Street Fight, Special Referee Charlotte Harker.

Jake: There were the choices, and we certainly see Kristina hasn’t got any ring rust or any less vicious. What did you vote for, Harley?

Harley: We’ve had a few special guest referee matches in the Anarchy Division it feels like and I was going to vote for the First Blood match…but then I saw what Spencer did in her debut two weeks ago and if she’s gonna bite like that, well, we might’ve needed another match on tap for the show. So I voted for the street fight in the end.

Jake: I agree on all counts. Let’s find out if the viewers were thinking the same thing that you were, Harley. And the match type will be….

The choices start lighting up repeatedly as percentages flash beside each of them until it finally stops.

Jake: A street fight with 36% of the vote! Looks like you and the majority of the fans were thinking along the same lines, Harley. Plus this will mark Ruby’s first hardcore rules match since she arrived in Future Shock…not counting the ones she was the referee in. Do you think this benefits one or the other more?

"Huntress" Ruby Tyler vs. Kristina Spencer
Street Fight

Harley: I don’t think so. Kristina admittedly is as vicious as they come and while she might have been asking for a First Blood match, I’m sure this was a pretty close second for her. She’ll get to indulge all her worst, most violent and most wicked vices with impunity. But Ruby didn’t get to rule over three hardcore divisions at once without being pretty damned tough herself and she’s got an awful lot of experience in fights like this. I think they’ve both got a pretty good chance when the bell sounds to start this one. Unless they just start in the car park and a referee is happy to just go with that.

Jake: What I keep thinking about here is that no matter the outcome, Ruby still heads to Vegas 2 weeks later to face Charlotte for the Anarchy title. Neither of them will even know what to expect there with it being under Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal. So possibly if there’s an advantage there, it might go to Charlotte for the fact she won’t have been in a street fight 2 weeks prior. I don’t know about you, but I’d prefer to avoid all the options on that wheel.

Harley: It might favour Charlotte. Like you said, she’ll be the fresher wrestler heading into Vegas having not undergone a street fight against one of the more sadistic people in wrestling. But there is the X factor of the wheel and what it might throw up. And like I said, Ruby is a veteran of hardcore divisions, she’s got experience of fighting matches like these with little recovery time and this match might just act as a tune up and Harker will end up facing a Ruby at the very peak of her game.

The monitor behind them now shows all three of the tag teams that were options for the tag title match, including the Doomsday Sisters, Latina Heat and the Shaolin Belles.

Jake: Next up, the fans got to pick the next challengers for the Future Shock Tag Titles held by Target Acquired, one half of which happens to be on a huge roll right now with two titles in her possession. I won’t surprise anyone by admitting I voted for the Belles here. For those who watched Sienna’s promo for her match with Missy, the sisters seemed indignant that the fans were getting to pick this instead of them just being handed the shot.  Which team got your vote?

Harley: It’s one night out of the year. They should build a bridge and get over it already - I’m sure the Doomsday Sisters will get their chance in the future. As for who I voted for…I actually voted for the Latina Heat. I just want to see them get beaten and taken down a peg or two by one of the best and most decorated tag teams in Future Shock.

Jake: You had said earlier that only the FFW Champion was really on the roll that Missy’s been enjoying. As far as Future Shock goes, I’d also put Nadia on that list too. Holding two titles is nothing to take for granted, ya know?

Harley: That’s true. There aren’t many people in FFW history who have achieved that and virtually all of them are in the Hall of Fame.

Jake: Let’s see if the fans agreed with you, Harley. I’m told this race went back and forth between all three teams as the days passed.

The monitor showed the three teams, all of them now with a spotlight over their heads one after another like a strobe effect. And it finally stopped on one with 40% over their heads.

Jake: 40% of our viewers have chosen that Target Acquired will defend their tag titles on November 8th against the Latina Heat!

Latina Heat vs. Target Acquired (c)
for the FFW Future Shock Tag Titles

Harley: This could be an instant classic. Latina Heat for all the circus they bring with them have shown that they can compete with some of the best in Future Shock and have taken a couple of big scalps. But in Target Acquired, they’re coming up against one of the very best, a team that has won gold in every company they’ve been in, that work like a well oiled machine and that are individually pretty darned good too. Like you said, Nadia’s been rolling over everyone since before Global Wars. Latina Heat have a habit of finding ways to win….but Target Acquired are the masters of that and I’m backing them to retain.

Jake: What do you think of the Heat continuously lobbying to enter Global Wars next year as a tag team?

Harley: Part of me thinks that they are at least being refreshingly honest and up front about it. You’ve seen it first hand and probably heard about it plenty from Arabella over the six months or since after the Heat debuted. If they were entered individually, they’d almost certainly work together regardless.

Jake: So you think they are being held down by “the man” and all Latin American people are being oppressed as a result?

Harley: I wouldn’t say that. If they were being held down and oppressed, I doubt that they’d have been included in this vote for starters. I think it’s a pretty good story and narrative for them to tell each other when they don’t get their way and some people will probably believe it. Still, you’ve got to admit, since they started lobbying we’ve had several people claim Mexican roots…so I guess Latin America have a wide choice of competitors.

Jake: Yeah, I’d never have guessed that about Nessa. Speaking of Global Wars, we’ll find out at this show who will be representing the USA. That’s always the widest field of options for this series, because a lot of the roster is from the United States. Whoever it is has their work cut out for them, but i’d say that for any of the countries with some of the heavy hitters we’ve seen now entered.

Harley: You’re absolutely spot on. Like I said earlier, I think Missy is frontrunner here regardless of who is representing the USA here. Sydney is probably running in second right now as a former Future Shock Champion. On top of that USA have a history of…maybe not quite delivering on expectations and that can be a real weight until someone finds a way to snap that streak.

Jake: There’s also the fact that since it came to Future Shock, the winner has always been from a country that entered for the first time. This year, we have two of those: Northern Ireland and Israel.

Harley: Aviva has been getting better and better with every match, so it wouldn’t surprise me if she takes the medal - I think the most important thing for her will be making sure that she’s in touch and has the shot when it comes to that final match in the series. As for Fiona, we’ve already talked about the impact of the Maidens - and they don’t necessarily have to be out at ringside to have an impact as I’m sure Serafina will tell you.

Jake: A lot of variables in the next Global Wars series, which kicks off in January. But let’s turn our attention to the main event of the throwback show where someone is going to go one on one with the reigning Future Shock Champion!

The monitor shows all three women who were part of the poll: Sydney Christensen, River Campbell and Missy.

Jake: There’s a lot of history between Jacqui and River as well as Sydney. Weird as it is to say, Missy is kinda the unknown quantity for her because she’s never faced her or even been in the ring with a Future Shock Champion in all her time in the company. Who got your vote?

Harley: This was a real tough one. Like you said, Sydney has a lot of history with Jacqui and has already put up two highlight reel matches that might well be in competition for Match of the Year when Future Shock Awards season rolls around. Another chapter in that is awfully tempting. River…yeah, her path seems to be criss-crossing Jacqui’s every couple of months. From her debut, to the Future Shock Cup to Global Wars and River, so far has always come off second best. As for Missy, there’s a lot worse ways to bounce back from losing the FFW Championship than the 2022 that she’s had so far and between this, her berth in Global Wars, it almost seems like she’s destined to be in the Future Shock Championship picture sooner or later doesn’t it?

Harley paused for a moment.

Harley: After weighing all that up, I voted for River. I guess I’m just a sucker for the underdog.

Jake: I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those options. It kinda boils down to the question for the fans of do you want to see either of two of Jacqui’s toughest opponents against her…or someone she’s never met before who I’m sure will be a challenge too.

Harley: Pretty much. And there’s a lot to be said for the intrigue of a fresh, completely new match up. Plus, we saw going into Unstoppable how popular Missy is amongst the fans - eighty thousand fans were right behind her and completely against one of their previous favourites and still are. So it wouldn’t be a shock if she won this vote tonight.

Jake: Let’s find out! Who’s gonna face Jacqui one on one in Boston at the throwback show on November 8th in the main event?

The strobe effect begins again over the three women pictured on the monitor before it finally stops on one with 43%.

Jake: All these races were tight, but the choice has been made. For the first time ever, the Future Shock Champion and the Pure Champion will meet one on one! That’s a Pay Per View main event, if you ask me! It’ll be Missy and Jacqui in Boston!

Jacqui Minogue (c) vs. Missy (c)
Champion vs. Champion Main Event

Harley: That’s going to be one heck of a contest in the main event in Boston for the throwback show. An excellent choice by the fans and at least from Jacqui’s point of view, not only does she have all that tape of Missy competing in an FFW ring, she can get a first hand account from Sienna too. While the Pure Champion has had that warm up against a powerhouse and she’s been on a tear all year no matter who she’s faced. This has all the hallmarks of a titanic, epic struggle between two women having some of the best years in their careers.

Jake: It’s really a win/win for Jacqui. One, neither title is on the line. But a win over Missy would put her in direct sight of the Pure Championship if she wanted to claim a shot at it. Same really holds true for Missy. Everything to gain, nothing to lose here. Champion versus Champion, and I’m sure they both would love to add the other’s title to their collection ultimately.

Harley: You’re right. It’s a golden opportunity for both. Each one holds one of the most prestigious and sought after titles in the company. A win on Tuesday could catapult them to the top of the other’s division and this could easily be a precursor for a winner takes all match sometime early in 2023.

Jake: I think the fans have put together a pay per view quality show next week for our return to Boston. I hope we do more of these kinds of shows in the future, because clearly our audience knows what they’re doing in putting together quality cards.

Harley: You’re spot on the money Jake. It’s got pay-per-view quality matches up and down the card and we’re giving it away for free. These are matches that could easily set the course for the early part of next year and beyond. The fans have done an excellent job with the polls and this will be an absolute barn burner.

Jake: Like I said earlier, we’ll also find out who the USA representative will be in Global Wars that night. Maybe whoever this Princess is will decide to show up too, can’t guarantee that though. And it’ll be our last stop before we head for Vegas at the Sin City Spectacular on the 22nd. Which match are you most looking forward to?

Harley: Honestly, Jake, I’m not sure that I can pick one. From Champion vs Champion and two women in form to seeing Target Acquired beat and batter the Latina Heat all around the ring and retain the title belts to a street fight that could be straight out of The Warriors or the climax of a Jean Claude Van Damme movie. There’s something for everyone when we go back to Boston.

Jake: Make sure to join us on ESPN November 8th for the throwback show to commemorate Future Shock’s anniversary that began way back in November of 2010. Big thanks to Harley for joining me, and we’ll see you in Boston on the 8th.

A quick recap of the matches now official for the throwback show follows that before After Shock fades to black.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 08:35:44 pm by Samantha Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: