Femme Fatale Wrestling
March 29, 2024, 08:49:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Shockwave #3 - Red Alert

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shockwave #3 - Red Alert  (Read 96 times)
Adam Grant
FFW Owner
Administrator
Legend

FFW Owner

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: December 01, 2022, 05:25:08 pm »

The video begins in what looks to be the interior of a production truck with a wall of monitors in the background all making one big picture: that being the Shockwave logo. As the camera pulls back, there’s a pair of comfortable chairs on either side of a table with drinks on it. And sitting in those chairs? Future Shock’s River Campbell and DOC.

The main difference between now and the two previous episodes is that the set is decorated for Christmas. A tree sits behind both hosts, and DOC is sporting a Santa cap on his head. His attention though is on the lifesize cardboard cutout of Lacey that’s standing between their chairs till his attention gets diverted when someone behind the camera clear their throat.

DOC: Hi, everyone! Welcome to the third edition of Shockwave! Today, we’re gonna cover the Red Alert show this past week! You all know the 2022 Wrestler of the Year in Future Shock River Campbell!

Then he goes back to admiring the Lacey cardboard cutout of her in a short black dress.

River: Hi guys, pleasure to be here for the third ever Shockwave as we round up Red Alert….and I guess I might be doing a lot of the heavy lifting here, unless someone wants to take this out of here? Maybe send it to a lonely– I mean lucky fan who has ordered a Lacey of their own from the website? Or you’ve got a can of paint or a marker pen and we can make that dress a little longer. Maybe give her a monobrow too.

DOC: This show is sponsored today by our merchandise site, where you can get this Lacey premium cardboard lifesize cutout for your home. And she’s not the only one available, many of the FFW and Future Shock girls are all available for $49.99. So I had them bring a few of my favorites so we could show them off during the show. They also come in wall stickers if you want to liven up you and your wife’s bedroom, for example.

River: Honestly, DOC, I’m not sure what you see in Lacey. She doesn’t have anything I don’t have….she just has more of it in certain places is all.

DOC: Yeah, but that can be said for a few of the women here. You have a cutout too! Let’s go ahead and bring in the next one before we get started.

A production assistant picks up the Lacey cutout and heads off camera with it, while DOC watches it get taken away before another assistant sets up the Arabella cutout.

DOC: See there? I asked for Arabella…because look at her. And I figure that’s a good place to start with Red Alert, which was in Minneapolis last weekend on All Access. And Arabella was part of the show, right? I think she’s a little taller than you too.

River: She wears heels more often than I do. Plus, DOC, she has a boyfriend with one heck of a right hook who will fight for her honor. And you’re right, Arabella was part of the Red Alert show, she went toe to toe with our resident Weathergirl, Fiona O’Dalaigh to decide who would get to face the Nova Champion for her title next. The match seemed to go down a storm with the fans but it wasn’t a great night for Fiona. Arabella really rained on her parade, don’t you think?

DOC: It’s funny you use all those puns there, River. I did send an email to Kyle about having Fiona join us on the show today, but I never got a reply back. You’re right though. Fiona didn’t have a great night especially after having her personal property destroyed. I think that might have played a part for her, because she does like to keep her bumbershoot handy. I like that word better than umbrella.

River: As was mentioned on commentary, if she was that broken up about her … bumbershoot… she should have left it in the back. Or at least left it with Kyle to protect. That said, I’m not sure regular, run of the mill umbrellas spark when you break them in two. They might, I haven’t done any scientific research into them or asked on Reddit, but gut instinct suggests that they wouldn’t do that.  That allowed her to get distracted and she had to fight hard to get back into it. I guess a bright spot for her would be that she did come close to getting her hand raised and did cause Arabella plenty of problems throughout the match and now she’s got a month to analyze what went wrong, reset and try to correct those problems in 2023.

DOC: Congratulations to Arabella on the win though! She looked like she was in her best form that night. Wouldn’t you agree?

As he spoke, the Arabella cutout was taken off camera and replaced with one for Vee Chandler.

River: I completely agree with that. Madyson Stone is going to have a lot of issues when Arabella comes calling looking to claim that title from her. Stone will need to have all her wits about her and be at her best for her reign to continue beyond that match because Townshend looks to be in the form of her life.

The musician glanced at the cut out and rolled her eyes before she looked back to DOC.

River: Out of interest do you have a cut out for sale? I’m sure there are plenty of our female fanbase who are  of a certain vintage and would like to have a bit of DOC around.

DOC: Nah, the cutouts are of the women who work here. Maybe they thought no one would be able to focus with me in the room. Or one of the other guys like Adam or Kyle or Jake, all three of which I’m sure someone would find attractive somewhere.

River: I’m sure they would but I’m just thinking about hitting up all the demographics out there is all. I’m sure you must get whatever the modern day equivalent of fan mail is. People who watch these as soon as they go live just to see the DOC. Just saying, maybe it’s something they should be thinking about.

DOC: Well I am big on TikTok and Cameo. I never told you but I make five figures just doing those now!

River: Then I guess you can treat yourself to the Lacey and the Arabella and the Vivacious Vee cut out - have one for each room - and can pick up the tab for lunch later. Anyway, back to Red Alert. We’ve talked about Arabella’s big victory, setting up a huge start to the new year for her…where would you like to go to next? NHB and Vicious and Vivacious?

DOC: Right! See, some people are saying that was a big upset for Vee and Michelle. I’m not so sure. I’ve come to learn that Vee has a very tactical and brilliant mind, you see. I’d put her on the same level of intelligence as Napoleon…at least till he decided to go into Russia. She has a very analytical mind, a keen insight really. I think she learned a lot from when the Wicked Storm faced NHB…and put that high intellect to work.

River: It didn’t seem to work for them so well in the early stages of the match when they tried that Pearl Harbour job before the bell rang. But I guess that’s a case of losing the battle but winning the war right? I’ll give them credit, they took the best No Holding Back - one of the most experienced and decorated teams in the company - could throw at them, we saw Vee and Michelle work well as a team together and when it started to get a little chaotic and Dante made his presence known, they managed to take full advantage of it. The Midnight Storm could have their work cut out for them against these two and I personally wouldn’t bet against us seeing a change at the top of the tag division, given how the challengers thrive once it starts to breakdown and their abilities to play the referee like a fiddle.

As she finishes, the Vee cutout is replaced with one of Caitlyn Storm throwing a kick. And the way it’s positioned looks like she’s kicking River in the head to the viewers.

DOC: Speaking of the Midnight Storm, one of them got two titles now! That was another match people said was an upset since the Evolution Champion had held it for an age. But Caitlyn here…I’m proud of her! She worked hard to get this rematch, she pulled out the win in the clutch and has a title for each shoulder. Or one for her waist and the other for her shoulder. Or both around her waist stacked on top of each other.

River: It must be a nice problem to have - trying to decide how you wear your two titles when you have them. I’m sure that despite her humility, she’s probably spent ten or fifteen minutes trying out all the different combinations to try and work out what looks best on her. And she fully deserves to be one of the very few in company history to have held two title belts. She works incredibly hard, does things the right way and has never allowed herself to lose her smile or get downhearted. She trusted in the process and it paid off for her. As for this being an upset…I disagree. This has been coming for Casey since the match with Nevaeh, she’s often found herself on the wrong end of a beating and somehow found a way to win, that streak of luck had to come to an end sometime. We know Caitlyn will go on to be a fine and worthy Evolution Champion, but what’s next for Casey do you think?

DOC: I’m not sure. I don’t know her that well, but I did donate some money to her mission after the show. I made it from both of us, so that way we can both be blessed.

River: Really? I couldn’t tell the difference between now and then. Do we get like a certificate or something? Officially blessed by Casey Atherton? Maybe something we can show at the Pearly Gates to prove we’ve seen the light and be saved or redeemed or whatever it is she talks about doing? Or do we just hope and have faith you’ve made a good investment in our eternal wellbeing?

DOC: I don’t know about all that, but I did get as my reward for donating a rare Casey Atherton NFT. I don’t know what you do with a NFT, but we got one now.

River: A rare Casey Atherton NFT. I’m sure that’s worth the paper it’s printed on.

DOC: It’s of her and Jesus.

River: Then I guess you truly are blessed and are lucky enough to be able to look upon Casey and Jesus anytime your heart desires. I’m sure she’ll even give you the chance to buy her a Christmas gift too so you can both celebrate the birth of Christ.

The Caitlyn cutout was replaced by one of Lilly Arthur holding the titanium title over her head.

DOC: Next up, a successful defense of the No Surrender Championship by this lady right here. Lilly nearly had her hand crushed practically during this match, but she persevered against Valerie and retained her title. I like Lilly a lot, and remind me to show you a TikTok later NHB took of her a few months back. She really likes drummers, if you know any.

River: I know plenty. I’m not sure her husband would be happy about me introducing her to any that I’d take home to meet my mother….or the ones that I would NEVER take home to meet mom and would deny all knowledge of their existence if mom started to question me about them. And I’m pretty sure Lilly won’t be doing much with a drum kit, not this side of Christmas anyway. Valerie really went to town on her arm and her wrist in particular and throughout that match, it looked like that hand was pretty much useless to Lilly and was causing her pain with almost every movement. And you have to say, it was a masterful strategy by Valerie. There’s not many submissions you can apply when you’ve only got one hand. She came closer than anyone has to ending Lilly’s reign.

DOC: I’d agree with that! And finally, it’s the main event. A strap match for the FFW Championship between Lacey and Kelly Kincaid. I bet both of them hurt just to move at all right now, even a week later. That leather strap saw plenty of use.

River: Lacey was especially inventive in using the strap right at the start of the match. She knew that Kelly’s advantage lies in her movement and being able to use all of the ring and she stopped that from before the bell. And when the match finally got underway, you could tell that these two had a long rivalry, one that will probably never be settled. They used every single part of the ring that they could to do damage to each other. They whipped each other like they were trying to remove flesh from the bone. They were both as brutal and vicious as they were inventive and determined.

DOC: Kelly retained her title there, but she and Lacey probably don’t feel like winners even today. Good thing they both got some time off now. If you guys missed any of the show, go check it out on FFW All Access. While you’re there, you can watch the Future Shock show three nights later. After watching that show, I am hereby declaring River will never be involved in a match determined by a wheel.

River: Yeah, that was one heck of a match between Ruby and Charlotte wasn’t it? More a case of surviving than winning. But c’mon DOC. We’ll never say never. Show me the right wheel and I’ll be happy to pull the lever and face someone in whatever comes up. Might even be fun, DOC - if the right matches are on the wheel and they don’t all involve glass or fire or electricity or straps.

The Lilly cutout is soon replaced by another one, this time being Scarlett Kincaid.

DOC: The next time you’ll see us here on Shockwave will be after Crossed Out on February 25th. Two matches have already been signed for the show with V and V facing the Midnight Storm for the Unity Titles. You’ll also see “Sensational” Stacey Sky face Scarlett Kincaid.

River: I’m sure they will be two barn burners. We’ve seen what V & V are capable of and we know that Midnight Storm are certainly not the types to back down or shrink from a fight. Especially not with the titles on the line. Meanwhile Scarlett and Stacey have both attacked each other backstage mid interview and have had to be pulled apart by Security. With three months still to go till they get in the ring and with everything that happened between Scarlett and the Gold Standard in SVW, that can only get more and more heated. You know, the ring might not be enough to contain those two in February with the animosity we’ve already seen.

DOC: Seems like Stacey wants to use Scarlett as a stepladder up the card to bigger money and opportunities. And as you might suspect, Scarlett isn’t all that thrilled with the idea. Stacey has a history of not taking too kindly to Kincaids, remember everything that happened with Kelly.

River: Oh, I remember. I remember Stacey throwing her into the crowd and taking a lead pipe to her knee. And that February night will be almost 2 years since Stacey was part of the group that worked together to prevent Scarlett winning the SVW Championship from Lacey. You know that still has to be on her mind too.

DOC: A lot of history there. Crossed Out is already shaping up, not to mention your show….is kicking off the new year with Jacqui defending her Future Shock title against Angelina Fantastica. We gonna be rooting for the Shaolin Stunna that night!

River: That will be one heck of a match as Jacqui tries her best to ground one of the best high fliers and quickest women in the business. It’ll be a contest to savour and hopefully, it might well be me facing Angelina for the Future Shock Champion sometime next year

DOC: 2022 has been a landmark year for both FFW and Future Shock, and there’s no reason 2023 won’t be the same. River and I want to wish all of you happy holidays no matter what you celebrate. And if you haven’t signed up for FFW All Access, use my promo code DOC to get 2 months free on an annual subscription. And you can get a River cutout too, I personally selected the picture they used for that one and it’s very unique!

A concerned look crossed her face.

River: It’s unique…and personally selected by you….and it’s not the one from that time you tried to convince me to look more like Arabella is it? Long story people and…yeah… Or is it me and the singing gators? Are you trying to raise money for a good cause again?

DOC smiled and patted his client on the back.

DOC: You’ll have to go to the merchandise site like everyone else to find out, I guess. I promise there’s no other cutout quite like it, very candid. Anything else you want to tell the viewers before we wrap up the show?

River: Candid. Right. Okay.

There was a shake of her head.

River: Last thing everyone. It’s the end of the year and that means it’s award season for the main roster. The polls will be going live shortly, so go, vote and make sure everyone knows what you really think of them heading into 2023.

DOC: Happy Holidays and wishes for a bright new year!

DOC looks over at River as she retrieves her phone to look up what picture was used for the cutout before Shockwave fades to black.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: